Type keyword(s) to search

S13 E11: Staying Strong

ByTor
  • Start Topic

Michael Jackson dancer Marcea Lane comes to town to shake things up; the candidates learn how to rejuvenate; the swimsuit calendar covers are revealed at a special event.

NO SPOILERS! Discuss what happened during the episode ONLY. Be civil, there is no need to agree or reach consensus. Everyone is allowed their own opinion. Use the ignore feature if a poster is bothering you but isn't posting against the rules. Report, don't engage. NO SPOILERS!

Happy posting!

• Love 1

Just another little note...I understand that sometimes discussions veer off topic, and people unwittingly post a spoiler.  Despite the fact that we are one month into football season, there are people who are unspoiled and prefer to stay that way, so please be mindful and double check where you are posting before submitting :)

• Love 3

Well...Judy said Tara looks awesome in her cameo..hmmm. She does look good. And Kelli said VK has the best legs and hair of "the group". Besides the thickness of the midsection I think VK looks way better without the heavy lashes. 

• Love 6

I wish all guest choreographers critiqued like Marty. 

Not in like singling out Bridget, but actually providing constructive criticism like he did to the groups. He really knows his stuff. 

Edited by soapmaniac22
  • Love 14

Aw - Kristen bringing some real perspective to the etiquette training w/ the stuff about experiencing people who don’t have food so she’d eat anything.   That was just so sweet.  Really like her.

lol - Victoria thinking quail was a seafood.  She’s channeling Jessica Simpson in this episode.  I still like her.  She’s just so pretty and funny.

A lot of them were having some serious belly issues during the guest cheoreograpber - Maddie, Cianna, Miranda all seemed soft to me.

Oh - and that dress Alanna wore to etiquette training was ugly as hell!  Ugh. 

Edited by MyFavShows
  • Love 5
17 minutes ago, kacesq said:

I don't understand why Kelli is struggling with cuts. Malena should be gone, Victoria should be gone, Kristin should be gone. There. Done. Loved the guest choreographer.

I wonder if she’s overthinking cause of what happened last year when she cut girls she should have waited on.  But she didn’t know what was going to happen.  

• Love 11
5 minutes ago, scorpio1031 said:

I wonder if she’s overthinking cause of what happened last year when she cut girls she should have waited on.  But she didn’t know what was going to happen.  

Brennan and Taryn

• Love 2

I barely recognized Jalyn without makeup.. but dare I say, I thought she looked so pretty!  She looked like she could be a girl on America’s Next Top model. Not your typical beauty but definitely so striking!

• Love 8
  1. I loved that Jinelle stepped in to help with the cameos. I could see her taking over for Kelli down the road
  2. Kashara is my favorite, I'm gonna miss her when she retires
  3. I get that they are struggling to make cuts but deep down they have to know who the weak links are. 
  • Love 20

i must have some left-over disappointment from watching Supernatural but this episode was boring as well.

they usually show more girls taking their pictures, no? 

I really didn't like that dance from the guest choreographer. That style was just weird. It seems like it was more something that he felt like doing as far as movement went and whatever the music was dictating to him but it didn't seem like actual steps or counts for those noodle-like movements. 

Who sings  that last song when Kristin was cut? I recognize it from that Ulta commercial, not gonna lie, I tear up every time I see it. 

• Love 7
3 minutes ago, Monique said:
  1. I loved that Jinelle stepped in to help with the cameos. I could see her taking over for Kelli down the road
  2. Kashara is my favorite, I'm gonna miss her when she retires
  3. I get that they are struggling to make cuts but deep down they have to know who the weak links are. 

Agreed on all points! I adore KaShara too! She's such a sweet and bubbly presence on the team. I've met her in person too and she's just as wonderful as she appears on TV! And her body is rockin'! I was thinking the same about Jinelle. I could see her taking over for Kelli and Jenn K for Judy. 

• Love 11
Just now, sATL said:

The ending group huddle hugs of 40 sweaty women...mixed feelings here ... I like a hug.. sometimes we need a hug..or give a hug.....

I was wondering after another episode if the group huddle is away to protect the girl who has been cut from the camera and get her outside and away?

4 minutes ago, Loves2Dance said:

Kristen was cut tonight. 

Office visits included:

Tara: Inconsistency

Taylor J: Injured knee

Kristen: Cut 

Thank you.

• Love 4

At this point I'm snark watching so here are my thoughts:

Marty is a great choreographer, but I don't think the girls were prepared for his level of critiquing. I don't think singling out any of the dancers, like he did Bridget, is okay when his style doesn't match their style. He had Bridget in tears and the girl made Show Group---clearly she is DCC ready and the fact that he had her second guessing herself is an overreach for a guest. He spoke to them like he knew them and he doesn't; not only does he not know them he doesn't know the DCC dynamic. I'm a little annoyed that Kelli and Judy allowed it. 

Group Leads: Kashara is tonight's MVP. I liked that she had a solid reason not to give her sticker to Victoria. The only sticker that girl has is from Kitty---that speaks volumes. I love that everyone is pulling for Brennan. 

Cameos: Jalyn's comment about Jinelle being the best to accept help from because she's been there, made me cackle. When it aired the week after the VK debacle it was too ironic to miss. Victoria is fat---in the real world she's a pretty girl with an old school glam face. In the DCC world she sticks out like a sore thumb and her stomach is way too soft.

Outside rehearsal: A lot of eek for the Vets. Poor Taylor J.

Tara looks depressed. Her neck has gotten thicker which I think it making her look more boxy, but she looked great at cameos. Her spirit though, looks broken. I loved that Kelli and Judy were trying to be reassuring, but I think it's a little too little too late. Savannah's memory mistakes reminded me of her rookie year. 

Kristen being cut wasn't a surprise, it could have happened weeks ago and I wouldn't have bat an eyelash. Maybe she'll come back stronger next year, tbh, I doubt I'd notice her if she tried again. 

• Love 13

Maddie is the perfect group leader. She's like a mama bear protecting her cubs. And she can back it up with talent. She glowed when the guest choreographer singled her out. 

So happy Kristen is gone. She reminded me of a sad puppy. "Flirting with the floor" is gold.

Why is Malena still there? Rip off the bandage and cut her Kelly!

Ignoring that pile of teeth and hair ruining my show. Ugh. 

• Love 20

Did I hear Kelli say the luncheon was at a private exclusive members only establishment ? Sorry - that bothers me. 

Knowing so many people don't eat meat funny that they didn't offer a choice or pick a dish with more non-meat options. "To cut up something and move it around" to appear you ate something, surely there has to be a better method .

• Love 9
9 minutes ago, sATL said:

Did I hear Kelli say the luncheon was at a private exclusive members only establishment ? Sorry - that bothers me. 

Knowing so many people don't eat meat funny that they didn't offer a choice or pick a dish with more non-meat options. "To cut up something and move it around" to appear you ate something, surely there has to be a better method .

Put it in the purse of the gal sitting next to you.  If it's VK, she'll take it home and put it in a fishbowl

• Love 10

1) I want Marshall to be in MY work headshot. 

2) I've never seen such horrible forkography. Thank goodness these girls have etiquette day so they are at least made aware that there is a difference. Don't parents teach proper table manners to their children anymore?? Good lord!

• Love 6
2 hours ago, sooooo ill said:

Well...Judy said Tara looks awesome in her cameo..hmmm. She does look good. And Kelli said VK has the best legs and hair of "the group". Besides the thickness of the midsection I think VK looks way better without the heavy lashes. 

VK does have great legs and hair.  She has a nice smile too.  Long legs, thick blonde hair, big white smile - that’s the traditional DCC look from when I was younger - she’s got everything but the tiny waist.   I thought her makeup looked good in the cameos too.

• Love 5
5 minutes ago, RedDelicious said:

1) I want Marshall to be in MY work headshot. 

2) I've never seen such horrible forkography. Thank goodness these girls have etiquette day so they are at least made aware that there is a difference. Don't parents teach proper table manners to their children anymore?? Good lord!

I teach my kids manners. I don't teach them "Continental" manners, I do send them to Etiquette Class every summer though.  

• Love 2
1 hour ago, sATL said:

I don't really see it as any different than bringing in a choreographer that works in an unfamiliar style that they'd never use on the field.  They're trying to push them out of their comfort zone by intentionally giving them things that are unusual and/or may be difficult to eat. 

• Love 4

Kristen had me in tears when she starts bawling in the elevator ?

HOW TF IS VK STILL THERE WITH ONLY ONE STICKER!

surprised Ashlee has a low sticker count? She’s such a good dancer? 

Bridget... I liked her remark “the worst thing is just I don’t make the team”. Refreshing to see a more realistic grasp rather than the girls who act like their lives would be OVERRRR if they got cut. Also, I think she is so dang pretty! Even though her air time tonight was in a negative light, I’d rather see her face on my TV than VKs

Kashara is the coolest. She doesn’t let any of the BS keep her from being herself and expressing herself, I really respect that. 

Rachel W is so beautiful!!!!!! And so is Heather!! 

Wish Madeline M wasn’t on the verge of tears during her back story... made it hard to watch. But I’m glad she’s come back stronger, I’m rooting for her!

• Love 15
52 minutes ago, KickPretty said:

Jordan Chanley always reminded me of Britney Spears.  She was so cute ;-)

She’s not as bad, but she’s another one like Britney Evens w/ a fake sounding babydoll voice that isn’t normal for an adult woman.   Is it a Texas thing to talk like that? 

• Love 10
26 minutes ago, MyFavShows said:

She’s not as bad, but she’s another one like Britney Evens w/ a fake sounding babydoll voice that isn’t normal for an adult woman.   Is it a Texas thing to talk like that? 

If I remember correctly, Britney Evans is from Mississippi. I am too, so I noticed it. And her voice bugs me too. 

• Love 5