Type keyword(s) to search

S13 E11: Staying Strong

ByTor
  • Start Topic

3 hours ago, Ninamags said:

i must have some left-over disappointment from watching Supernatural but this episode was boring as well.

they usually show more girls taking their pictures, no? 

I really didn't like that dance from the guest choreographer. That style was just weird. It seems like it was more something that he felt like doing as far as movement went and whatever the music was dictating to him but it didn't seem like actual steps or counts for those noodle-like movements. 

Who sings  that last song when Kristin was cut? I recognize it from that Ulta commercial, not gonna lie, I tear up every time I see it. 

The song is “Scars To Your Beautiful” by Alessia Cara and it’s one of my favorites ?

• Love 2
1 hour ago, MyFavShows said:

Having to cut up your food and move it around on your plate to pretend like you ate some of it before it gets thrown away = first world problems.

I absolutely adored how Kristen said during the etiquette training how she’s met people who don’t have any food on her mission work, and because of that she’ll eat anything.  It really put it all in perspective.   She seems refreshingly different than the others and just a really nice person - I’m sad she got cut. 

I had the same exact thought.  I’m almost (but not quite!) surprised that they edited the show that way. Definitely puts perspective on that “private, exclusive, members-only” Cowboys Club. Many thanks to Kristen for the dose of humility.

And let me just say that I’m SO disappointed that Colleen didn’t bring her whistle.

• Love 21

Cianna <3. So fun!

Did not like Jalyn's hair in the cameos, how is it possible that she is able to style it better herself?!

Maddie seems like such a sweet GL. Her longer hair still hasn't grown on me but she's one of my faves. She seemed truly uncomfortable choosing someone to be cut

Kashara, thank you!!!

• Love 8
3 hours ago, RedDelicious said:

2) I've never seen such horrible forkography. Thank goodness these girls have etiquette day so they are at least made aware that there is a difference. Don't parents teach proper table manners to their children anymore?? Good lord!

No, they do not.  Even in my sorority days(that's dating me even- 92), we practiced table etiquette and I was surprised at how many girls did not know which way to pass, wait til everyone is served, etc. and we were learning it in college!  I think so many families are not having their meals together anymore. Mine included :( 

• Love 5

I am sorry, but Victoria did not look camera ready for the photo shoot.  Her midsection was terrible.  Why does Kelly continue to drag out.  If she cuts people to keep Victoria I am going to scream.  I can't believe that is the case because they show only 1 sticker for her and I don't think they would show that on tv if she makes it... but I don't know.  Maybe she says " We kept her because We think she shows potential." 

I love Malena and I am pulling for her, because when she is on she looks fabulous but she isn't quite there.  I think they do keep some longer than they should hoping it gives them a jump on the choreo for next year.

I am not a Brennan fan but I loved hearing all the GLs pulling for her!  She's worked hard nice to see DCC behind her

Tara is one of my favs.  I don't know what is going on with her, but she has lost her spark a little.  I am glad she is eating well and focusing on her health.  Someone said she looked good at cameos, but Kelli wasn't there.

Edited by Mardo2044
  • Love 6

The etiquette lesson could have been done better. It did not appear the girls were being taught how to eat with a full formal place setting. If they could master that, they could be prepared for anything.

The vocal fry was SO BAD, it was distracting. Even Judy was doing that when she spoke. I was Marshall side eyeing the whole time.

Screenshot_20181012-043735~2.jpg

Edited by tinabee1967
  • Love 8
6 hours ago, Stee said:

If you need to make 5 cuts, and three are obvious, why not just cut them now and look for the remaining two?

I remember some seasons they would struggle with certain cuts, and then when they made them it gave them clarity on the team and they would be highlighting things they really weren't noticing before because they were so busy yelling at so-and-so.  I wish they wouldnt have waited, because those last two are likely not getting the spotlight to potentially improve or correct and they are going to get cut the last night and not even know why.

• Love 6
12 minutes ago, Mardo2044 said:

I am sorry, but Victoria did not look camera ready for the photo shoot.  Her midsection was terrible.  Why does Kelly continue to drag out.  If she cuts people to keep Victoria I am going to scream.  I can't believe that is the case because they show only 1 sticker for her and I don't think they would show that on tv if she makes it... but I don't know.  Maybe she says " We kept her because We don't want to piss off her Mom."

Fixed. ;)

• Love 11
20 minutes ago, Mardo2044 said:

Tara is one of my favs.  I don't know what is going on with her, but she has lost her spark a little.  I am glad she is eating well and focusing on her health.  Someone said she looked good at cameos, but Kelli wasn't there.

I think they are picking on Tara just to make an example of a vet. Kelli has way bigger, blonder problems than Tara.

• Love 13

Hi I’m ExitStageLeft and I am truly unSpoiled

That being said, there is NO WAY that Icky makes the team. I think they’re holding out on cutting her so that it’s a real tear jerker - like World Class crying (from K&J, to Phil and even the guy that operates the boom!)

Her shortcomings are soooo obvious that they can’t possibly take her! Yeah, they’re gearing up for an Epic episode - hey, an EPICSODE! 

Edited by exitstageleft
  • Love 6
5 minutes ago, exitstageleft said:

an EPICSODE! 

I don't know why they think a tearjerker.  The process has not been respected this year and there is a minority on the board pulling for her but it is small. 

• Love 2

Honestly I think they haven’t made cuts because Kelli is hanging on to Victoria who is so clearly in the bottom that not a single group leader was pulling for her. She knows she can’t cut more people before Victoria. Kristen has seemed to be an issue from early on and it wasn’t a surprise she was cut, but why keep her this long too.

i don’t respect the choices they are making this year. I fast forwarded through a lot of the episode.

• Love 6

I loved hearing what the group leaders had to say about the TCCs. I wish we had been able to hear even more. I already liked Kashara but the fact that she was not afraid to be honest about why she didn't choose Victoria, KNOWING that she's Kelli's little pet, made me love her even more.

Although I didn't love the guest choreographer's actual choreography, I did like the musicality he used for the routine. So many people just choreograph right on the beat and don't pay enough attention to all the nuances of the music. And he got bonus points from me too for using "What a Girl Wants" - I was singing along with all the girls! I also liked that he gave some very specific feedback to some of the girls. I wish he hadn't singled Bridget out though. It wasn't necessary for him to have her walk out to the middle of the dance floor to give her that feedback.

As a nosy person, I also loved pausing the episode to see how many stickers each dancer had. TCCs Brennan, Bridget, Amber, and Daphne each had six! And apparently there's a TCC named Caroline who got five stickers. My reaction to seeing that: who the hell is Caroline?! I was waiting for Kelli to try to justify keeping Victoria when she had only one sticker (and from Kitty who gets paid by Victoria's parents).

As much as I enjoy the etiquette class every year, it also makes me laugh because of all the people who work for the Cowboys organization, the DCCs are the LEAST likely to ever have to sit down and eat a meal in front of people.

Kristin won points with me when she said that she used to be a picky eater but that because she has traveled to other countries for missions, she learned to eat whatever is put in front of her because other people don't have food to eat.

Bridget also won major points after she got called out by the guest choreographer. Even though she was visibly upset, she had such a good attitude (and she kept a smile on her face the entire time): "The worst thing that can happen is just that I don't make the team!" (said without making it seem like that would destroy her world)

Hahahaha, I had to laugh when Taylor J said that she was trying to take care of her knee and Kelli said, "You're a teacher, not a doctor."

It is making me SO MAD that Kelli keeps cutting people who are NOT Victoria. WHAT THE ACTUAL FUCK?!!!

Victoria also get demerits for saying, "You never know when you're going to be in front of the Joneses family." Girl, did no one teach you the difference between singular and plural? "The Jones family" is singular. "The Joneses" is plural. The Jones family invited us for dinner. The Joneses are having a dinner party.

ETA: Stickers that I saw on the board:
KF - Kelli (neon green)
JT - Judy (neon yellow)
MRS - Melissa (orange)
KC - Kitty (pink)
KG - Kashara (dark green)
MM - Maddie (light blue)
LM - Lacey (red)
AL - Amy (yellow)
NF - ?? (dark blue)

Does anyone know what it means when there is a B written on the girls' pictures? Victoria, Kristin, Caroline, Lacey, Gina, Tess, Amy, and Amber each had a B on the upper left corner of their picture.

And who is NF?

Edited by ElectricBoogaloo
  • Love 9

The back fat rolls on VK were alarming and glaring in her cameo shoot. Kelli zoomed in and I thought she would say something BUT SHE DIDN’T!!  I couldn’t believe it!  Then when she had to step away for a family emergency I was expecting the next scene was Kelli speaking privately right there to VK, show her a picture, and tell her tonight is her last night. BUT NO! She wasn’t even called in at the next rehearsal meeting??  WHAT?

Here I am thinking back to the season when the fatties got called in and Danielle specifically getting called out and told that they couldn’t shoot her that year because she was soft and they would use last years picture. 

Whatever happened to that Kellli?  she needs to step down immediately!!

This season has turned me off so much to the DCC franchise. 

• Love 13
42 minutes ago, ElectricBoogaloo said:

I loved hearing what the group leaders had to say about the TCCs. I wish we had been able to hear even more. I already liked Kashara but the fact that she was not afraid to be honest about why she didn't choose Victoria, KNOWING that she's Kelli's little pet, made me love her even more.

Although I didn't love the guest choreographer's actual choreography, I did like the musicality he used for the routine. So many people just choreograph right on the beat and don't pay enough attention to all the nuances of the music. And he got bonus points from me too for using "What a Girl Wants" - I was singing along with all the girls! I also liked that he gave some very specific feedback to some of the girls. I wish he hadn't singled Bridget out though. It wasn't necessary for him to have her walk out to the middle of the dance floor to give her that feedback.

As a nosy person, I also loved pausing the episode to see how many stickers each dancer had. TCCs Brennan, Bridget, Amber, and Daphne each had six! And apparently there's a TCC named Caroline who got five stickers. My reaction to seeing that: who the hell is Caroline?! I was waiting for Kelli to try to justify keeping Victoria when she had only one sticker (and from Kitty who gets paid by Victoria's parents).

As much as I enjoy the etiquette class every year, it also makes me laugh because of all the people who work for the Cowboys organization, the DCCs are the LEAST likely to ever have to sit down and eat a meal in front of people.

Kristin won points with me when she said that she used to be a picky eater but that because she has traveled to other countries for missions, she learned to eat whatever is put in front of her because other people don't have food to eat.

Bridget also won major points after she got called out by the guest choreographer. Even though she was visibly upset, she had such a good attitude (and she kept a smile on her face the entire time): "The worst thing that can happen is just that I don't make the team!" (said without making it seem like that would destroy her world)

Hahahaha, I had to laugh when Taylor J said that she was trying to take care of her knee and Kelli said, "You're a teacher, not a doctor."

It is making me SO MAD that Kelli keeps cutting people who are NOT Victoria. WHAT THE ACTUAL FUCK?!!!

Victoria also get demerits for saying, "You never know when you're going to be in front of the Joneses family." Girl, did no one teach you the difference between singular and plural? "The Jones family" is singular. "The Joneses" is plural. The Jones family invited us for dinner. The Joneses are having a dinner party.

ETA: Stickers that I saw on the board:
KF - Kelli (neon green)
JT - Judy (neon yellow)
MRS - Melissa (orange)
KC - Kitty (pink)
KG - Kashara (dark green)
MM - Maddie (light blue)
LM - Lacey (red)
AL - Amy (yellow)
NF - ?? (dark blue)

Does anyone know what it means when there is a B written on the girls' pictures? Victoria, Kristin, Caroline, Lacey, Gina, Tess, Amy, and Amber each had a B on the upper left corner of their picture.

And who is NF?

Nick Flores. Kittys prized choreographer. 

• Love 5
10 minutes ago, ByTor said:

I think it means they got Barbies for their solos.

Glad they asked, that makes sense.  I was thinking "bold" but yours makes sense

1 hour ago, ElectricBoogaloo said:

yes!  Glad she came back strong with DCC choreo and showed what she could do.

• Love 6

I like Ashlee and am sorry to see she has fewer stickers.  I guess she was called in once and Judy says she is making mistakes.  I trust her group lead Lacey and her assessment though. I don't know, to be fair we have not seen alot of the other rookies so I guess she is a weaker link.

Edited by Mardo2044
rewatched and heard Lacey critique
  • Love 3
3 hours ago, Mardo2044 said:

No, they do not.  Even in my sorority days(that's dating me even- 92), we practiced table etiquette and I was surprised at how many girls did not know which way to pass, wait til everyone is served, etc. and we were learning it in college!  I think so many families are not having their meals together anymore. Mine included :( 

'94 here! We had certain rules we followed for sure. But it was more like we couldn't have a drink if we were wearing our badge, that sort of thing.

At home the men don't sit until my mother is seated, no one begins until everyone is served (and technically my mother has picked up her fork), one hand in the lap.  I don't expect everyone to know that, but these girls omg. I don't care if you learn continental or American, for gosh sakes, sit up straight, cut neat bites and keep your plate tidy. The hunching was most surprising.

• Love 5
8 hours ago, Loves2Dance said:

I make awesome snausages and cake pops! 

Charge it to my tab. ;p 

I read "sausage cupcakes.' I'm either tired or hungry lol

8 hours ago, MyFavShows said:

Gabby also had a bit of a belly in the guest choreographer session.  Those shorts really aren’t flattering on anyone w/o washboard abs.

It literally only is flattering on Tess, Lacey, Lauren, Kelli and Jayln. Even though pretty much everyone has a perfect figure, it's REALLY "unforgiving." 

7 hours ago, KickPretty said:

Jordan Chanley always reminded me of Britney Spears.  She was so cute ;-)

She was so cute. I loved her personality.

7 hours ago, Quilt Fairy said:

I don't really see it as any different than bringing in a choreographer that works in an unfamiliar style that they'd never use on the field.  They're trying to push them out of their comfort zone by intentionally giving them things that are unusual and/or may be difficult to eat. 

That's really not the same. I don't eat seafood not because I'm unfamiliar with it, but because I'm allergic. I'm sure no one is allergic to hip hop.

4 hours ago, 123DCCWoooo said:

And let me just say that I’m SO disappointed that Colleen didn’t bring her whistle.

Same. As soon as VK picked up that lettuce from her lap, I blew my imaginary whistle lol

2 hours ago, Mardo2044 said:

Who was the blonde that messed up on kickline and Judy said "Oh!"?

Amy.

• Love 3
8 hours ago, RedDelicious said:

1) I want Marshall to be in MY work headshot.

OMG, for real!!!!

Screenshot_20181012-082418_Instagram.jpg

3 minutes ago, LadyMsJay said:

As soon as VK picked up that lettuce from her lap, I blew my imaginary whistle lol

Air horn is more like it.

• Love 5
10 hours ago, Stee said:

LOVED the scene with the group leaders giving their honest reviews.  I wish they had 30 minutes of that!  Only Kashara could get away with critiquing Victoria in her cute, charismatic way, but basically calling her immature and not giving thought to her words... I wonder if that resonated with Kelli.

Also, not to belabor the Victoria hatred, but a girl who is having issues with weight and only received 1 sticker (the fewest of ANY training camp candidate) would have been an easy cut by now.  The fact that 0 people picked Victoria except the dance teacher she pays to train with speaks volumes.  

If you need to make 5 cuts, and three are obvious, why not just cut them now and look for the remaining two?

PS. Not a Brennan fan but loved how the group leaders really pulled for her.  That made me root for her.

I was so bummed when Brennan got cut last year. Her performance didn’t wow me, but her perseverance did. I was happy to see the vets pull for her, too.  It is well deserved support.

I don’t know why Kelli and Judy insist on clinging on to Victoria. Oh wait...I do know why: Tina Kalina.  The amount of latitude they have given to VK is ridiculous.  I wonder what the vets and rookies think about it.  If we notice from weekly abridged episodes, it must be glaringly obvious real time in the flesh.

• Love 6
9 hours ago, MyFavShows said:

Gabby also had a bit of a belly in the guest choreographer session.  Those shorts really aren’t flattering on anyone w/o washboard abs.

This is why she's been on WW the whole season. 

8 hours ago, scorpio1031 said:

Put it in the purse of the gal sitting next to you.  If it's VK, she'll take it home and put it in a fishbowl

Nah she'd pop it in her mouth. 

7 hours ago, MyFavShows said:

She’s not as bad, but she’s another one like Britney Evens w/ a fake sounding babydoll voice that isn’t normal for an adult woman.   Is it a Texas thing to talk like that? 

Brit is from Mississippi, Jordan from New Mexico. But no way is Brit's voice natural. It's high but she makes it higher with that baby sounding tone.

Seen them both in real life, and Jordan isn't as bad and she really is that naive and Stepford acting. Reminds me of a show pony who has been trained to walk and talk for pageants but not that bright. LIke if anybody was born and raised to be a Disney princess it is her. Nice girl but not much personality. 

I think Brit acts fake though. She's no dummy and a hard instructor, but that voice is like nails on a chalk board.  

Also THANK YOU KASHARA for being the first to say VK is not ready. That took guts. 

• Love 7
7 hours ago, MyFavShows said:

She’s not as bad, but she’s another one like Britney Evens w/ a fake sounding babydoll voice that isn’t normal for an adult woman.   Is it a Texas thing to talk like that? 

It's not exclusively a southern thing. 

• Love 2
51 minutes ago, RedDelicious said:

At home the men don't sit until my mother is seated, no one begins until everyone is served (and technically my mother has picked up her fork), one hand in the lap.  I don't expect everyone to know that, but these girls omg. I don't care if you learn continental or American, for gosh sakes, sit up straight, cut neat bites and keep your plate tidy. The hunching was most surprising.

Good job to your mom!  I always maintain there is nothing sexier than a man who stands when a lady enters a room.  No definitely my mother taught me correctly and I am rethinking how often I have formal dinner for my tween girls to practice those skills... not often.  However they do know to wait until the hostess is seated, not pickup a dropped fork let alone dropped food.  You are absolutely right, let's learn some basic pleasantries ladies. :)

But I did learn the proper bread etiquette from DCC from a previous season.  I could not believe I did not know it, but we always had smaller rolls.  I asked my mom and she knew it and I gave her grief that she missed passing that one on to me!  It came in handy since I now attend a ladies monthly luncheon.  So thank you DCC etiquette!

• Love 2

Victoria wasn't the only one with a fluffy mid-section. Not by a long shot. The weight criticism is a red herring and for TV ratings. I think the real reason she'll get cut (I'm unspoiled) is that she's a loose cannon, not to mention the rudeness to Jinelle. She's not deferential enough for DCC.

More dancing, less "who'll get cut" drama please.

I think Jinelle is being groomed for Kelli's position. Perhaps Melissa R. is also a contender, although I think Melissa wants an entertainment career. But the window is closing on that for her, in terms of her age.

• Love 4

I heard Kelli say we have to say goodbye to VK, Ashlee, OR Kristin.  What's the OR?  What in the ...Ugh.  When I love a borderline I am on Kelli's side.  This year I'm on Judy's side... let's only look at their feet and cut them blindly. 

• Love 2

Instead of the weird herky jerky choreographer they have each season, I'd like to see the TCC try some ballroom dancing.  It would be fun to see how quickly they pick up the Waltz, Foxtrot, Tango, Quickstep, Viennese Waltz, Rumba, Cha cha and Salsa.  I don't know what they would do about the men needed, however.

I hope Kristen comes back next year.  She seems very level headed.

I think there will come a time when Victoria is ready.

Kelli has lost a ton of weigh.  We can take her off WW now.  I bet she feels better too.  

• Love 5
3 minutes ago, nittanyvolleyball said:

VK is definitely not the only one who has weight gain, I saw Maddie's and Kash both during the Marty choreography.

true, but candidates normally dont make it with weight issues.  I do remember courtney, but she drastically lost weight before cameos to correct it

• Love 4
Just now, Mardo2044 said:

true, but candidates normally dont make it with weight issues.  I do remember courtney, but she drastically lost weight before cameos to correct it

Totally not saying she should make it, especially with the weight gain but just saying she's not the only one lol

I hope someone at least took a selfie with Jinelle, or a picture of her. Her hair was perfect at the cameo shoot. Lucious cascading curls in the back. How does someone get and keep their hair camera ready every day especially after working out ?

Edited by sATL
  • Love 4
10 hours ago, rose711 said:

I was wondering after another episode if the group huddle is away to protect the girl who has been cut from the camera and get her outside and away?

Thank you.

apparently yes, it is. there's one cameraman that always films the cut girls walk away, and he knows they kinda all hate him,a dn that the other girls try to surround a cut girl and hustle her out asap so she's away from the camera.  reminds me of when Mel and Sue were the presenters on The Great British Bake Off - if a contestant was having a real breakdown, super stressed or started crying, Mel and Sue would stand next to them and cuddle them while swearing up a storm so that footage was useless and therefore the person's dignity could be protected and their breakdown not be epxloited for drama by the BBC.  classy approach, I like it!

• Love 15
57 minutes ago, parrotfeathers said:

Instead of the weird herky jerky choreographer they have each season, I'd like to see the TCC try some ballroom dancing.  It would be fun to see how quickly they pick up the Waltz, Foxtrot, Tango, Quickstep, Viennese Waltz, Rumba, Cha cha and Salsa.  I don't know what they would do about the men needed, however.

I hope Kristen comes back next year.  She seems very level headed.

I think there will come a time when Victoria is ready.

Kelli has lost a ton of weigh.  We can take her off WW now.  I bet she feels better too.  

39 minutes ago, UnicornKicks said:

PERFECT. Jay, Neil McCoy, heck, Jerry Jones could hold his finger up and twirl a girl for a hot second. Make it happen, CMT. 

Okay Kelli, Judy and Shelly--you have your assignment for next season!

Edited by parrotfeathers
Fixing spelling of Shelly's name.
  • Love 2
12 hours ago, scorpio1031 said:

I wonder if she’s overthinking cause of what happened last year when she cut girls she should have waited on.  But she didn’t know what was going to happen.  

She just needs to come out and say, "Okay, raise your hand if you are an aspiring nudie model"

• Love 13
10 hours ago, RedDelicious said:

2) I've never seen such horrible forkography. Thank goodness these girls have etiquette day so they are at least made aware that there is a difference. Don't parents teach proper table manners to their children anymore?? Good lord!

I guess I.m a member of the "parents of bad table manners" club. I guess that is something I have to work on-  starting with myself and roll mandates slowly to offspring. Need to find where a class is  offered. I just never been a fan of eating things like bacon , fried chicken (incl'd wings) and pizza with a knife and fork. Too stuffy for me. Last time I tried, I felt I was constantly switching the knife/folk around in my hands.

And I guess I don't use a knife that much-most veggies  & fruit seemed to be chopped small enough already.

What's the rule on bread (dinner rolls), toast & biscuits ? That has to be eaten with fork too? ?

Leaving dropped food on the floor isn't going to work for me at home- pick it up when the meal is done, at the latest. Now In a restaurant-hmm . I guess the point can be made you are paying someone to clean up after you. But then there's the point, of picking up after one's self. I.m one of those strange people who tidy up a little in hotel rooms- the service doesn't really need to see my  major mess. ?

• Love 7
6 hours ago, Mardo2044 said:

I am sorry, but Victoria did not look camera ready for the photo shoot.  Her midsection was terrible.  Why does Kelly continue to drag out.  If she cuts people to keep Victoria I am going to scream.  I can't believe that is the case because they show only 1 sticker for her and I don't think they would show that on tv if she makes it... but I don't know.  Maybe she says " We kept her because We don't want to piss off her Mom."

6 hours ago, tinabee1967 said:

Fixed. ;)

"Dear Kelli, OMGosh, I just found the craziest photos of you and Mr. Jones that I took at that playoff game after party!  Remember how confused the caterers were because they couldn't find the whipped cream?  Have a great day!  XOXO, Your very best friend who knows everything about you, Tina"

• Love 7