Type keyword(s) to search

S13 E11: Staying Strong

ByTor
  • Start Topic

14 minutes ago, Pink-n-Green said:

A Kentuckian friend of mine served ham biscuits at his wedding.  I pretty much tackled the waiter every time he walked out of the kitchen with a fresh tray.  You folks know your biscuits.

According to the September, 2017 issue of Forbes, the Dallas Cowboys are worth $4.2 Billion.  If they had to pay for more cheerleaders, the franchise would surely collapse.

Both Judy and Shelly have said that 36 is a good number for the formations, triangle, etc, and then 9 girls at each corner works just fine as well.  What did Kelli say the DCC revenue was - $1,000,000?  I still find that hard to believe with the show, merchandising, calendar, paid appearances, etc.  

• Love 5
9 hours ago, Pink-n-Green said:

"Dear Kelli, OMGosh, I just found the craziest photos of you and Mr. Jones that I took at that playoff game after party!  Remember how confused the caterers were because they couldn't find the whipped cream?  Have a great day!  XOXO, Your very best friend who knows everything about you, Tina"

I think you have that backwards; I'm willing to bet Tina would've been the party girl most likely to cut loose with the whipped cream..

• Love 2
1 minute ago, Blndee6 said:

I think you have that backwards; I'm willing to bet Tina would've been the party girl most likely to cut loose with the whipped cream..

Super secret three way and then tell-all later. ?

(Seriously, I need brain bleach after this!)

Just now, scorpio1031 said:

And you put whipped cream on milkshakes:)

Milkshakes must be the Kalteen of the DCC. The vets must tell their least favorite rookie that Sonic Shakes or Wendy's Frosties melt away all that cellulite caused by soda so they can "feeut in that little tahny uniform."

• Love 9
51 minutes ago, JerseyGirl said:

Prune!!!!

Hey, if saying, drinking or eating prunes and prune juice earns me a spot on the calendar, I'm all about it! On second thought....don't make me wear purple and pose me like I gotta go doodie.

Edited by tinabee1967
  • Love 5
15 hours ago, rose711 said:

Honestly I think they haven’t made cuts because Kelli is hanging on to Victoria who is so clearly in the bottom that not a single group leader was pulling for her. She knows she can’t cut more people before Victoria. Kristen has seemed to be an issue from early on and it wasn’t a surprise she was cut, but why keep her this long too.

i don’t respect the choices they are making this year. I fast forwarded through a lot of the episode.

I agree. I also thought that she wasn't ready to cut someone until she had a look at all the cameo photos. And I completely disagree with Kelli's comments that Victoria has the prettiest hair and legs. I can name several rookies and vets that have prettier hair or prettier legs. Just more nonsense to justify her keeping VK for this long when everyone else knows she should have been sent packing right away. 

• Love 12

VK is 175 pounds of dead weight. Where in hell's bells is Jay when you need him? I would *love* to see his army march up to her and stage an intervention. 

5 minutes ago, SSAHotchner said:

I agree. I also thought that she wasn't ready to cut someone until she had a look at all the cameo photos. And I completely disagree with Kelli's comments that Victoria has the prettiest hair and legs. I can name several rookies and vets that have prettier hair or prettier legs. Just more nonsense to justify her keeping VK for this long when everyone else knows she should have been sent packing right away. 

Brunette Taylor.....legs for days! 

• Love 11

VK's weight... I was apalled when I saw her belly roll hanging over the top of her shorts at cameos. She looked horrible. Way beyond 'soft.'  I remember the season way back when on the cameo shoot day Kelli sent Megan Sharp back to wardrobe so they could find her a larger pair of shorts.. VK looked MUCH worse than Megan did. No comparison. (Perhaps they did that for VK but didn't show it... riiight.) If I was VK I would've been so embarrassed. All that bs Kelli and Judy spout off about how all other things being equal, not looking good in the uniform can be what gets a girl cut... really?

And I'm sorry-not sorry- but VK's hair looks awful to me. 

• Love 12
16 hours ago, tinabee1967 said:

The vocal fry was SO BAD, it was distracting. Even Judy was doing that when she spoke.

Who had vocal fry?????

6 hours ago, go4luca said:

HA!  So true!  But I did love that 50's Susie Homemaker music they played when she was doing her talking head.

Agreed. It was kind of brilliant.

• Love 1
1 minute ago, PBSLover said:

Who had vocal fry?????

What is vocal fry?

Speaking of bad vocals, what is the name of that song they play dance to with the whistling and the singer who sounds like she's singing through a bad speaker?

• Love 1
2 hours ago, scorpio1031 said:

No, I think @Loves2Dance did as well:)  I was wondering if it was presented a certain way to make her think that until I saw the ep today.  I liked when she asked Kash if she liked it and she replied she knew it was a game bird:)  The other gal said she thought it tasted like Thanksgiving turkey, but I swear it looked like it was still in her mouth.

wasn't she the same one tht then asked what to do if you don't like a meal? because that wasn't subtle.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Pink-n-Green said:

According to the September, 2017 issue of Forbes, the Dallas Cowboys are worth $4.2 Billion.  If they had to pay for more cheerleaders, the franchise would surely collapse.

The Cowboys and Manchester United are tied as the most $$$$ sports franchises in the world. 

42 minutes ago, scorpio1031 said:

Both Judy and Shelly have said that 36 is a good number for the formations, triangle, etc, and then 9 girls at each corner works just fine as well.  What did Kelli say the DCC revenue was - $1,000,000?  I still find that hard to believe with the show, merchandising, calendar, paid appearances, etc.  

I bet that number has gone up. Kelli said that many years ago.

• Love 1
20 minutes ago, tinabee1967 said:

VK is 175 pounds of dead weight. Where in hell's bells is Jay when you need him? I would *love* to see his army march up to her and stage an intervention. 

Brunette Taylor.....legs for days! 

she's nowhere near 175lb, lets not be that harsh. Im taller than her, broader than her and a good 20lb over where I'm working to be and I weigh less than 175

• Love 3
8 hours ago, Clarke said:

You take the bread and place it on your small bread plate to your left. You take some butter from the butter dish with a knife and place it on your bread plate. Do not use a knife to cut your bread. You tear a small mouth sized portion of bread which you butter. Place that in your mouth, chew, repeat only when you're ready to eat more bread. Don't line up a whole bunch of little bite sized pre-buttered pieces! Do not butter the entire bread and tear off pieces. Expect the occasional amazed comment, "You eat your bread properly!" if you're able to eat follow bread eating etiquette. No one really cares about this but it's good to know for really formal occasions.

Hehe you guys would be horrified eating with me. I literally rip bread apart like a freaking bear and dip it straight into the butter. No knife needed ?

I'm also 37 weeks pregnant and have zero shame at the moment 

• Love 16
11 minutes ago, MrsEVH said:

What is vocal fry?

Vocal fry is when women (and men) talk below their normal voice so it sounds lower but there is a crackley annoyance to it. Some believe it to be sexy. It’s not. It’s annoying AF. And I am of belief it makes you sound stupid.

I was on a conference call and one girl was doing vocal fry the entire call. I finally told her she does this (weeks later) and she had no idea what I was talking about (so she said). I told her she does it when she is tired so doesn’t notice. I was being nice. It’s an affectation and it BAD.

• Love 3

I have watched this show forever and Kelli has really dropped her whole "you're fat, you're off the team" thing she used to do. I mean, girls were shamed for their weight like nobodies business. Maybe they are scared of being sued or called out on social media for body shaming etc? Because Victoria is visibly "fat" in DCC terms and was asked to lose it and hasn't and nothing further has been said to her.

• Love 1
1 minute ago, mdcx said:

I have watched this show forever and Kelli has really dropped her whole "you're fat, you're off the team" thing she used to do. I mean, girls were shamed for their weight like nobodies business. Maybe they are scared of being sued or called out on social media for body shaming etc? Because Victoria is visibly "fat" in DCC terms and was asked to lose it and hasn't and nothing further has been said to her.

What about Hannah? She was cut. And Kelli wasn’t nice about it. That didn’t happen all that long ago.

• Love 6
27 minutes ago, MrsEVH said:

What is vocal fry?

Speaking of bad vocals, what is the name of that song they play dance to with the whistling and the singer who sounds like she's singing through a bad speaker?

5 minutes ago, PBSLover said:

What about Hannah? She was cut. And Kelli wasn’t nice about it. That didn’t happen all that long ago.

Hannah acted like she didn't take the whole thing seriously. I found that annoying. If she deep down had 0 desire to be on the team, she should have not bothered reauditioning.

19 minutes ago, PBSLover said:

I’m still laughing. Dead arm. Good one.

Halloween costume! DCC uniform with extra fake arm sewn at a 90 degree angle resting on your head. 

• Love 6
8 minutes ago, PBSLover said:

Was that this season? Kelli seems okay with letting people go for general 'not being in shape' reasons towards the start of training camp but doesn't seem to do that whole hounding someone on their weight, checking if they lost weight week after week etc thing she used to.

• Love 1
35 minutes ago, MrsEVH said:

What is vocal fry?

How Kourtney Kardashian speaks.

• Love 4
5 hours ago, MyFavShows said:

I don’t think Jinelle is a good enough dancer to be put in a Kelli or Judy role.  Did she ever even get far up in the triangle at all?  Her appeal has been mostly the Australia thing and how she’s stuck around for a long time - that shouldn’t get someone a job like Kelli’s or Judy’s - there are much better candidates like Michelle Keyes, Jenn K, Jacie, etc.   If this three years of employment for a Visa thing is true, I think that’s why they kept her around for this last year working - to be a fill in, help out w/ her experience and finish out that Visa.  Wouldn’t this have been year number 6?

5 hours ago, go4luca said:

I love how Jinelle stepped in and in two tics had Jalyn so comfortable she was able to relax and deliver.  Being a Director doesn't need to hinge on how good a dancer someone was.  There is a lot more to the job.  Why would placement in the triangle be a reason to consider or not someone for the the Director job?  I'm not saying Jinelle is the person to take over when Kelli retires, I think there are other possibilities as well.  Nor do I know how her Australian citizenship would work for a permanent job in the U.S.  But I don't jive with the points you've stated to oppose Jinelle for consideration.

Victoria will replace Kelli. ?

Edited by hannahbanana
  • Love 2
40 minutes ago, MrsEVH said:

What is vocal fry?

I blame the Kardashians and Rachel Zoe ("I diiiiiiiiiiiiiie") for popularizing the vocal fry that makes me want to poke my ear drums with a stick.

• Love 7
21 hours ago, MyFavShows said:

VK does have great legs and hair.  She has a nice smile too.  Long legs, thick blonde hair, big white smile - that’s the traditional DCC look from when I was younger - she’s got everything but the tiny waist.   I thought her makeup looked good in the cameos too.

Her mouth is too big. She looks like a horse. 

• Love 7

I need someone to do a CSI style forensic analysis of all of the rookies and vets and list the initials beside all of them. The ones featured on the show are obvious but you can also see other girls pictures with stickers too - Caroline for example did not get a sticker from Kitty. Tara didn’t get my stickers either. 

Who volunteers to spend their night digitally analyzing and listing out the stickers for us?  I’d love to know what Christina and Yuko got. I also noticed Savannnah had a ton of sticker but then failed miserably later in the episode on the field. 

Also I love Ashlee and though she only got 2 stickers, I was happy to see Kelli was one of them!

• Love 2
1 minute ago, Stee said:

I need someone to do a CSI style forensic analysis of all of the rookies and vets and list the initials beside all of them. The ones featured on the show are obvious but you can also see other girls pictures with stickers too - Caroline for example did not get a sticker from Kitty. Tara didn’t get my stickers either. 

Who volunteers to spend their night digitally analyzing and listing out the stickers for us?  I’d love to know what Christina and Yuko got. I also noticed Savannnah had a ton of sticker but then failed miserably later in the episode on the field. 

Also I love Ashlee and though she only got 2 stickers, I was happy to see Kelli was one of them!

I'll give it a go. I'm sick in bed tonight so I've got nothing better to do! 

• Love 7
5 hours ago, MyFavShows said:

I don’t think Jinelle is a good enough dancer to be put in a Kelli or Judy role.  Did she ever even get far up in the triangle at all?  Her appeal has been mostly the Australia thing and how she’s stuck around for a long time - that shouldn’t get someone a job like Kelli’s or Judy’s - there are much better candidates like Michelle Keyes, Jenn K, Jacie, etc.   If this three years of employment for a Visa thing is true, I think that’s why they kept her around for this last year working - to be a fill in, help out w/ her experience and finish out that Visa.  Wouldn’t this have been year number 6?

You don't need to be an amazing dancer or performer in order to be the director of an NFL pom squad. It's kind of like how you don't have to be a great director or actor in order to recognize when a movie is extraordinary or absolutely terrible. Even if a dancer can't execute the black swan's 32 fouettés, most people who have been exposed to years of dance training can see when dancers have good or bad technique and who is an engaging performer. There is a lot more to being a team director than actually dancing (and do you think that Kelli or Judy would b able to perform Thunderstruck and the kickline/jump splits at the same level as the girls who are currently on the team?). There is a lot of administrative stuff (see also: the color coded folders that I used to love seeing in Kelli's desk during office visits), being a good liaison with Charlotte and other Cowboys management, being comfortable doing lots of press/interviews/appearances, etc. You need to be organized, good at communicating, etc. and Jinelle seems like she would be good at those things.

As for the three years of employment, that does not apply to the visa that dancers like Jinelle and Yuko get for DCC. There is a specific type of visa for specialized talent that actors, models, dancers, and other performers get which does not require them to have an employer guarantee three years of employment. These specialized talent visas are NOT sponsored by a specific employer (which is in line with what is posted on the DCC website about visas which says that the DCC will not sponsor international candidates for visas) so you can dance/act/model for multiple companies/studios/agencies. The three years of guaranteed employment is for a regular work visa and is tied to your employer.

• Love 7
6 minutes ago, ElectricBoogaloo said:

There is a lot of administrative stuff (see also: the color coded folders that I used to love seeing in Kelli's desk during office visits)

She did an article on those on the old website.  The office supply nerd in me was so happy:)

• Love 9
7 hours ago, rose711 said:

Who else was rolling out of their “handmade for them” uniform? Kelli has cut experienced veterans who were much better than dancers than Victoria for less weight gain than that and beautiful fit girls who were just a little square shaped, but not  “carrying weight in her mid section.”

I’ve just lost so much respect for Kelli this season for how easy she’s been on Victoria compared to any other girl in 13 seasons of the show. 

Maddie was rolling out of her shorts when she was dancing at point for the guest choreographer - she was down in a deep plié and there was a soft roll all the way around sticking out.  Not her uniform, but those same shorts VK was rolling out of on the field when they called her musical.   Cianna is also very soft and also had a roll and noticeable tummy giggling when dancing for the guest choreographer in his combo.   Gabby is another one that was thick around the middle in the GC session.   Miranda also has noticeable weight gain in her gut and upper thighs over last year.

VK is not the only one w/ weight/tummy softness issues. 

• Love 5
5 hours ago, ElenaFR said:

I thought we were done with the dead arm over the head pose. 

Please. Really. Please.

Can we add finger hitched in the shorts or bikini bottom? I don’t know if that’s supposed to look like you’re fixin to take them off or just offering a peek but no. 

• Love 13
15 minutes ago, EssieMay said:

Please. Really. Please.

Can we add finger hitched in the shorts or bikini bottom? I don’t know if that’s supposed to look like you’re fixin to take them off or just offering a peek but no. 

I loathe that too. 

Waist up: Hi, I’m a sweet wholesome all American girl...

Waist down: who might yank these bottoms right off at any second so that you can fuck me!

Edited by ElectricBoogaloo
  • Love 7
On 10/11/2018 at 10:28 PM, Stee said:

Also, not to belabor the Victoria hatred, but a girl who is having issues with weight and only received 1 sticker (the fewest of ANY training camp candidate) would have been an easy cut by now.  

Did anyone notice the initials on the stickers? Victoria’s only sticker was KC (Kitty Carter). KF=Kelli Finglass. JT=Judy Trammel. MRS=Melissa Rycroft Strickland. There were a few more (NF, KG, LM, MM). Anyone know who those are? Maybe some are the group leaders?

• Love 1

Is it normal for a dance instructor to mark the dance first by himself? I disliked pretty much everything about Marty Kudelka.

There's something funny to me when the girls do that big group hug thing at the end. They rest their head down like they're getting ready to take a nap. Makes me laugh.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, PBSLover said:

The Cowboys and Manchester United are tied as the most $$$$ sports franchises in the world. 

Unfortunately, your statement isn't correct, according to Forbes' 2018 rankings.

Dallas is balling more than any other sports franchise in the world. I really believe the DCCs should be paid a proper, full-time wage, even a trainee wage. This is so the best candidates can dedicate themselves to the best team of its kind. We can see what holding down a full-time job and having to commute a long distance did to Kristen's chances of making the team. It's incredibly shameful that DCCs are being paid a pittance, being sued for it, in 2018. Come on Jones' family, step up and show everyone how to treat women fairly and equally.

2018-10-13 13_50_17-Window.png

• Love 4
21 minutes ago, Peanutflutter33 said:

Did anyone notice the initials on the stickers? Victoria’s only sticker was KC (Kitty Carter). KF=Kelli Finglass. JT=Judy Trammel. MRS=Melissa Rycroft Strickland. There were a few more (NF, KG, LM, MM). Anyone know who those are? Maybe some are the group leaders?

Nick Florez

Kashara Garrett

Lacey Munoz

Madeleine Massingil

• Love 1
57 minutes ago, MyFavShows said:

Maddie was rolling out of her shorts when she was dancing at point for the guest choreographer - she was down in a deep plié and there was a soft roll all the way around sticking out.  Not her uniform, but those same shorts VK was rolling out of on the field when they called her musical.   Cianna is also very soft and also had a roll and noticeable tummy giggling when dancing for the guest choreographer in his combo.   Gabby is another one that was thick around the middle in the GC session.   Miranda also has noticeable weight gain in her gut and upper thighs over last year.

VK is not the only one w/ weight/tummy softness issues. 

I have a tummy?‍♀️

• Love 17

I don't think Victoria has the best hair. It may have looked good at cameos when it was professionally down & she was standing around not doing anything, but it's always a hot mess at practices, some kind of combination of clumpy, ropy, stringy mess -- and that's how it's going to look on game days. I don't know if it's too much product or what, but it needs to be fixed -- stat.

And, the immaturity, OMG, THERE ARE NO WORDS! Best manners/behaviour at all times because you never know when the "Joneses" family might be around? If her talking heads, flopping on the desk, pulling at her hair, etc. is her version of "best manners/behaviour at all times," I don't even want to see what she thinks "not best behaviour" looks like. Worst ambassador risk ever!

• Love 12
17 minutes ago, hannahbanana said:

I don't think Victoria has the best hair. It may have looked good at cameos when it was professionally down & she was standing around not doing anything, but it's always a hot mess at practices, some kind of combination of clumpy, ropy, stringy mess -- and that's how it's going to look on game days. I don't know if it's too much product or what, but it needs to be fixed -- stat.

And, the immaturity, OMG, THERE ARE NO WORDS! Best manners/behaviour at all times because you never know when the "Joneses" family might be around? If her talking heads, flopping on the desk, pulling at her hair, etc. is her version of "best manners/behaviour at all times," I don't even want to see what she thinks "not best behaviour" looks like. Worst ambassador risk ever!

Does she know that we know she’s friends with Charlotte’s daughter?  I’m sure the Joneseseses are used to her?

• Love 9
6 hours ago, tinabee1967 said:

Halloween costume! DCC uniform with extra fake arm sewn at a 90 degree angle resting on your head. 

OMG!!!!  HA!  I can’t.

6 hours ago, mdcx said:

How Kourtney Kardashian speaks.

And Paris Hilton (I think she started it), and Kim Kardashian did it as well (though I never hear her speak so don’t quote me) and another colleague I worked with did it sometimes, and many of the girls on the Bachelor and Bachelorette.

I will find a good YouTube video of vocal fry.

Edited by PBSLover
  • Love 1

Thanks to @Roo22 we can now help Kelli make her oh so difficult decision!

Vets:
6 stickers - Lacey, Gina, Khalyn
5 stickers - Tasha, Molly, Kashara (technically she had 6 but that includes the one she gave herself), Alexis, Lauren, Amy, Yuko, Heather, Maddie, Lexie, Kelli, Savannah
4 stickers - Miranda, Tess, Jessika, Christina
3 stickers - Tara, Rachel

Rookies:
6 stickers - Bridget, Hannah, Daphne, Brennan, Amber
5 stickers - Jalyn, Erin, Taylor J, Lily, Brianna, Caroline
4 stickers - Malena, Cianna, Alanna, Rachel, Gabby
3 stickers - Madeline
2 stickers - Ashlee, Kristin
1 sticker - Victoria

• Love 15