Type keyword(s) to search

S13 E11: Staying Strong

ByTor
  • Start Topic

2 hours ago, PrincessLeia said:

LP and TT are designed for comfort.... most of their pieces, including dresses. It’s just a completely different style than wearing jeans and a T-shirt. Plus, COLOR.

Oh I don't doubt you on that.  Just not my style at all so would never wear them.  I don't like that much print.  Or loud color.  I think whoever said it has to do with area, nailed it.  I'm not saying you wouldn't ever see LP or TT in L.A.  But overall, it's more laid back simplified in SoCal.

Edited by go4luca
  • Love 3
On ‎10‎/‎15‎/‎2018 at 10:59 PM, PBSLover said:

It’s a delicacy. I don’t know what that restaurant’s specialty is but expensive restaurants offer it. I’ve always found quail to have very little flavor so I don’t order it.

@vivianspoetry, @parrotfeathers, @woodscommaelle gives me a giggle every time I see they have posted.  

And since I work at our local PBS station I'm particularly fond of your user name @PBSLover!

• Love 6
14 hours ago, PrincessLeia said:

I’d die in New York. No Lilly Pulitzer

Somebody in NY is wearing Lilly Pulitzer, they have a great boutique on Madison Ave.  I love Lilly, even named my dog after her.  And for the record, you know who else wore Lilly?  Jackie Onassis :)

• Love 7
50 minutes ago, ByTor said:

Somebody in NY is wearing Lilly Pulitzer, they have a great boutique on Madison Ave.  I love Lilly, even named my dog after her.  And for the record, you know who else wore Lilly?  Jackie Onassis :)

I know she did!!!!! If it’s good enough for Jackie O, it’s good enough for anyone! 

• Love 3
3 minutes ago, PrincessLeia said:

I know she did!!!!! If it’s good enough for Jackie O, it’s good enough for anyone! 

Can I take it, then, that both Meghan F and you read the book? :) :) :)

3 minutes ago, PrincessLeia said:

Agree!  The prints are cute but my petite frame just doesn't look good in bright colors or prints.  But I have seen LP look great on other women!

• Love 3
1 minute ago, ByTor said:

Can I take it, then, that both Meghan F and you read the book? :) :) :)

Lol I read the C David Heymann biography of Jackie O when I was like 11. Advanced reader here I guess.  I can’t believe my mom let me read that!!!!  It was honestly the BEST biography about her. I tried to find it a few years ago had it was out of print. I wonder which one Meghan F read.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, ByTor said:

Yes they have a boutique but people aren’t wearing the clothes that much on the street. A friend had a Lily Pulitzer party this summer and everyone looked a bit out of place. 

• Love 1
8 minutes ago, rose711 said:

Yes they have a boutique but people aren’t wearing the clothes that much on the street

I guess it depends, because I've seen plenty wearing it on the street.  Keep in mind, not all Lilly is neon print, I have quite a few pieces in solid black, brown, and navy.

• Love 5
2 hours ago, ByTor said:

Oh Oh!  I am!!  Wearing LP right now and I'm in NY... :)

• Love 4
On 10/15/2018 at 10:17 PM, PrincessLeia said:

How is it a spoiler? It’s a deleted scene from the episode. 

Please don’t remove! It’s from the episode. Not a spoiler!!! Thanks for posting!!!

My apologies. I thought it was something from the actual season. I don't remember seeing that much Daphne during cameos. Of course I could certainly be wrong.

• Love 2
On 10/15/2018 at 10:06 PM, Kate2006 said:

For the past 2 years it's been on my mind to invent a drinking game based on DCC. Like, take a drink when you hear  words such as: iconic, power, world-class, and phrases like: tonight will be your last night, a beautiful bouquet of cheerleaders (on group pic day), I could put her in a uniform today....   It would be fun if you had a watch night with a bunch of people and did it. Or you could set it up like bingo. Seems like all the words and phrases are being consistently said this season too.

Don't forget clunky, more power and blending.

• Love 5
7 minutes ago, Laura NJ no accent said:

My apologies. I thought it was something from the actual season. I don't remember seeing that much Daphne during cameos. Of course I could certainly be wrong.

You didn't see that much of Daphne during cameos on the actual episode because they didn't show it. This was a scene that they filmed for the episode, but didn't include in the actual episode. Sometimes they take the extra footage they filmed but didn't use & put them up on the CMT as deleted or bonus scenes. So, no spoilers, just extra footage filmed at the same time as the episode.

• Love 7
On 10/15/2018 at 11:06 PM, Kate2006 said:

For the past 2 years it's been on my mind to invent a drinking game based on DCC. Like, take a drink when you hear  words such as: iconic, power, world-class, and phrases like: tonight will be your last night, a beautiful bouquet of cheerleaders (on group pic day), I could put her in a uniform today....   It would be fun if you had a watch night with a bunch of people and did it. Or you could set it up like bingo. Seems like all the words and phrases are being consistently said this season too.

I actually DID make DCC bingo cards last year! I'll have to see if I still have them somewhere.

• Love 6

Dcc buzz words for next episode 

“mess” -from Judy, possibly “lines” but they already learned the entrance and look good

Kelli likes to talk about how stressful it all is as they get near the end,  so I’m going with “pressure” from her

someone will say “dancing for my life tonight” “leave it all on the field” 

a bunch of girls will cry, but I’m saying that only because  I know they still have a number of cuts

Edited by rose711
  • Love 6

That's so funny about LP. I saw an LP ad on Facebook today and thought it would be something VK would wear. That's said, I love florals and have thought about buying some of their stuff. I'm in the midwest and people wear lots of colors. I have a ton of dresses from Anthropologie that are floral. And I took them to Italy with me this summer and stuck out like a sore thumb. It was 90 degrees and 75% humidity and everyone was wearing grey and black. Lol.

• Love 2

I think the biggest issue for Victoria was color. She has on pink lipstick, pink disco earrings and a loud pink dress. Any one of those is fine, but all three together is walking Pepto-Bismol. Has she stuck with a blue/red/black dress with diamond studs and normal make-up, she would have been fine. 

• Love 16
12 minutes ago, Loves2Dance said:

I think the biggest issue for Victoria was color. She has on pink lipstick, pink disco earrings and a loud pink dress. Any one of those is fine, but all three together is walking Pepto-Bismol. Has she stuck with a blue/red/black dress with diamond studs and normal make-up, she would have been fine. 

yes!

• Love 2
20 minutes ago, Loves2Dance said:

This is very true!

• Love 4
49 minutes ago, Loves2Dance said:

Well, now I have to watch Steel Magnolias?

• Love 5
On 10/16/2018 at 9:20 PM, PrincessLeia said:

You can’t compare what’s appropriate in NYC vs. Texas. Completely different styles.... I’d be lost in NYC fashion, although my cousin who lives there says stick to black or gray when confused! 

I went to a women's holiday luncheon in Charlotte and I recently moved from Chicago.  I wore a silver Calvin Klein sparkled top with festive exaggerated neckline, larger bedazzled Judith Jack costume earrings, black velveteen dress pants, and tuxedo patent leather shoes.  The ladies in constrast wore very bright fire engine red silken jackets, holiday plaids, bright colors including hot pink, etc.  A comment to me was, "Oh, you didn't dress?"  I would have been more than appropriate in Chicago and what they wore would have been "too much".  I got the memo that color was the dress du jour.  I had to shop specifically for that event the next year, because I would never have a need to wear it elsewhere!  I suspect Dallas has its own style as well.

2 hours ago, Jessica97 said:

Screen Shot 2018-10-18 at 8.55.31 AM.png

Screen Shot 2018-10-18 at 8.59.54 AM.png

IMO this is worse.  It looks like a dress you would buy if you had relgious constraints.  It reminds me of those outdoor plastic tablecloths.

• Love 2

There is a difference between what is appropriate dress and what you personally like. Victoria's dress was appropriate, whether or not you like pink. If someone wears a trendy high neckline or print that you don't like, that is not an etiquette issue.  Wearing jeans is a callout. Wearing a dress you would wear to a club is a callout. Wearing a ballgown is a callout. She was wrong.

• Love 15
45 minutes ago, Mardo2044 said:

A comment to me was, "Oh, you didn't dress?"

Reminds me of years ago when my sister came to pick me up for lunch (she's very much appropriately dressed all the time).  She came in and said "aren't you going to get ready?"  I said "I AM ready."  Obviously I made some wrong choices on that day

• Love 5
14 hours ago, scorpio1031 said:

Well, now I have to watch Steel Magnolias?

one of my FAVE movies!!  Shelby: "My colors....are blush and bashful"  M'Lynn "her colors are pink and pink"   I absolutely LOVED this movie!!!  My fave Ouiser quote "Don't try to get on my good side...I no longer have one"!!  :) 

Edited by Kayce
  • Love 8
30 minutes ago, Kayce said:

one of my FAVE movies!!  Shelby: "My colors....are blush and bashful"  M'Lynn "her colors are pink and pink"   I absolutely LOVED this movie!!!  My fave Ouiser quote "Don't try to get on my good side...I no longer have one"!!  :) 

I love that movie too!  Such an incredible ensemble cast of amazing actresses.

• Love 3
13 minutes ago, go4luca said:

I love that movie too!  Such an incredible ensemble cast of amazing actresses.

It's a stellar cast!!! I watch it at least a few times a year, and i will stop what I'm doing anytime I see it on TV (even though I can watch it anytime I want) 

• Love 2
7 minutes ago, PBSLover said:

I wanted to know how @Sister Tab decided on that name. :0]

I don’t know about Doc Martin. Who is he?

I just started watching this show.  It's on PBS - a big city surgeon becomes a small town doctor and has to deal with quirky neighbors and townspeople.  He doesn't suffer fools gladly - kind of a fish out of water.  But OMG!!!  The scenery is just gorgeous.  I've been watching Midsomer Murders and love that scenery as well.  If I win one of these lotteries, I am going to hide in one of those small towns...….LOL!!!!

• Love 4
49 minutes ago, scorpio1031 said:

I just started watching this show.  It's on PBS - a big city surgeon becomes a small town doctor and has to deal with quirky neighbors and townspeople.  He doesn't suffer fools gladly - kind of a fish out of water.  But OMG!!!  The scenery is just gorgeous.  I've been watching Midsomer Murders and love that scenery as well.  If I win one of these lotteries, I am going to hide in one of those small towns...….LOL!!!!

The "You better be dead" mugs is one of our hot ticket items come pledge drive time.  :)

• Love 2
1 hour ago, PBSLover said:

I wanted to know how @Sister Tab decided on that name. :0]

I'm a total Tab-aholic and I always seem to be guzzling a can of the stuff on my way into church (or sitting on my front porch swing, or at my desk or anywhere else for that matter) so a neighbor christened me Sister Tab.   As to your earlier reference, unless James Charles is Jim Lehrer I'm clueless! 

• Love 1
8 hours ago, parrotfeathers said:

Reminds me of years ago when my sister came to pick me up for lunch (she's very much appropriately dressed all the time).  She came in and said "aren't you going to get ready?"  I said "I AM ready."  Obviously I made some wrong choices on that day

Ha, that reminds me of this:

• Love 3
3 hours ago, scorpio1031 said:

Damn. I am so off my PBS game. I haven’t found anything to grab onto since Downtown Abbey. Thanks for sales pitch. I’ll check it out!

2 hours ago, Sister Tab said:

I'm a total Tab-aholic and I always seem to be guzzling a can of the stuff on my way into church (or sitting on my front porch swing, or at my desk or anywhere else for that matter) so a neighbor christened me Sister Tab.   As to your earlier reference, unless James Charles is Jim Lehrer I'm clueless! 

James Charles is a make-up YouTuber/influencer who uses the catch phrase “Sister” and puts it in front of everything. He was the guy that Cover Girl put in their commercials. It was a huge deal, groundbreaking, having a guy in make-up in their ads and commercials. He’s really silly.

• Love 1
7 hours ago, scorpio1031 said:

My husband loves it and has bought all or most of the seasons on DVD. I don't like him all that much, but I like his wife and the dog. If you want to see gorgeous scenery, watch Shetland. It's breath taking. I prefer the murder shows to Doc Martin, but we saw that actor in a comedy/drama called William and Mary. I think it was on Acorn TV. We ditched our Acorn subscription when we had watched everything we wanted to see and have Brit Box now. There's some good stuff there as well.

I also want to say that I actually like the print of that dress, but not for a dress like that. It's kind of Hawaiian looking so I could see it in a loose flowing Hawaiian type garment or a halter dress...or maybe a table cloth? (haha)

• Love 2
15 hours ago, PBSLover said:

I don't know Doc Martin, but I do know Doc Martens.  Yeah, yeah, the 90s called, they want their shoes back, but I still adore and wear mine :)

• Love 7

Was it just me, or did Kelli say one of them would quit when she was discussing which girls could be cut during the one scene with Judy while they were looking at the board after they announced no girls would be called into the office.

Just now, bigskygirl said:

Was it just me, or did Kelli say one of them would quit when she was discussing which girls could be cut during the one scene with Judy while they were looking at the board after they announced no girls would be called into the office.

She was joking that if someone quit that would be one less cut to make.

• Love 1
On 10/12/2018 at 2:21 PM, parrotfeathers said:

Instead of the weird herky jerky choreographer they have each season, I'd like to see the TCC try some ballroom dancing.  It would be fun to see how quickly they pick up the Waltz, Foxtrot, Tango, Quickstep, Viennese Waltz, Rumba, Cha cha and Salsa.  I don't know what they would do about the men needed, however.

I hope Kristen comes back next year.  She seems very level headed.

I think there will come a time when Victoria is ready.

Kelli has lost a ton of weigh.  We can take her off WW now.  I bet she feels better too.  

Dance with each other obvs

On 10/13/2018 at 8:52 AM, ElectricBoogaloo said:

Thanks to @Roo22 we can now help Kelli make her oh so difficult decision!

Vets:
6 stickers - Lacey, Gina, Khalyn
5 stickers - Tasha, Molly, Kashara (technically she had 6 but that includes the one she gave herself), Alexis, Lauren, Amy, Yuko, Heather, Maddie, Lexie, Kelli, Savannah
4 stickers - Miranda, Tess, Jessika, Christina
3 stickers - Tara, Rachel

Rookies:
6 stickers - Bridget, Hannah, Daphne, Brennan, Amber
5 stickers - Jalyn, Erin, Taylor J, Lily, Brianna, Caroline
4 stickers - Malena, Cianna, Alanna, Rachel, Gabby
3 stickers - Madeline
2 stickers - Ashlee, Kristin
1 sticker - Victoria

Lacey also gave herself one.