Type keyword(s) to search

Season 6 Discussion

Drogo
  • Start Topic

On 12/10/2018 at 7:48 AM, Dance4Life said:

So, Colt not sticking up for Larissa??? He is sitting there with his shit eating grin.

That all happened at Larrissa’s house?? More reason to move out and start fresh since people see that house as Debbies and Colts.

I see Ashley is gonna keep blaming everything on the fake made-up racist comments. People are skeptical because he is a 20 year old green card husband that she will need to support legally for 10 years!

Ashley is supposed to be a grown ass woman with two small children that should be her top priority. She also has a history of bad relationships.  This is the real reason family and friends are worried.  Then she needs to marry him in 90 days.  This is not common for regular American marriage. Whatever, girl!  

Her cameras are a joke!  People would rather shoplift from Home Goods!  Easier!

Who is Jenika?  A daughter good enough to be the babysitter for Aless??  Free babysitting, too! Leida is a joke!

Why does Leida forget she has a kid?? ALL the kids need to be top priority.  Not just Aless.

I have never seen Leida interact with Aless since the show started.

Omg!  Every scene Olga is breastfeeding.  Lol!

Isn’t 11 a bit young to babysit?  I would think 13 or older.

On 12/10/2018 at 7:49 AM, Major Bigtime said:

He’s too fat. Meth makes one skinny and nervous, from what I’ve observed.

Like Steven?

On 12/10/2018 at 8:32 AM, Mothra said:

Coltie doesn't seem to be unwilling to spend money on things that are important to him.  His grill is a Big Green Egg, and that model costs at least $600, probably more depending on how big the grill surface is.  Of course, he and/or Debbie may be outstanding cooks whose skills require such an indulgence.  I agree, btw, that it's stupid to spend a lot of money on a wedding dress--and in LV, couldn't you find one to rent?  or buy used?--but jeebus, how many times is he going to set Larissa up and knock her down?

Where is there evidence that Debbie drinks?  That's an avoidable expense right there.  I have seen a *photoshopped* picture of her with a Crown Royal bottle in her purse, but that's clearly faked.

If they are renting the grill may belong to the landlord.

35 minutes ago, brillia79 said:

I’m not a lawyer, but I don’t think it’s that easy to get out of paying child support even if you “terminate” parental rights. Otherwise, the Bro v. Wade men’s rights activists who bitch about child support payments would do it to keep their money. 

From the point of the state, they don’t want to support your kids as long as you are alive and able bodied. So I think they make it very hard for a parent to walk away from their financial obligations.

Any social workers or Family Law experts here who know for sure?

Right. It would definitely not be easy. But the only way, I think...if he could figure out how to pull it off. 

16 minutes ago, SunshineTKPA said:

Longtime lurker coming out of hiding because I actually have something to contribute! Both my children are adopted from Russia (still considered Russian citizens by the Russian government) and we have returned to Russia with them several times. The rules are very specific and quite complicated.

Steven will not be able to take Richie out of Russia without Olga’s consent. The baby is a Russian citizen and must leave Russia on his Russian passport. To enter or leave Russia on his US passport, he would have to have a Russian visa, and Russia does not allow that except in very limited and specific circumstances (such as adopted children returning for an organized, registered homeland tour along with their adoptive families who are only US citizens). His US passport will show his place of birth as “Russia” so there is no way to get around this even without electronic controls.

People who are both Russian and US citizens enter and leave Russia on their Russian passports, and enter and leave the US on their US passports. Unfortunately, if things go south once the baby is in the US, Olga would have a difficult time leaving with him (because he would need to leave the US on his US passport, no way to circumvent since his Russian passport wouldn’t have the requisite US visa). The Russian embassy could theoretically intervene, but it sure wouldn’t be easy.

I really hope Olga and Richie never leave Russia. She is a beautiful, intelligent, capable young woman and I am sure both she and Richie would have a better life staying where they are.

Wow, that's complicated!

Not sure I understand. How can anyone have two passports? I had dual citizenship (US and Ireland) my entire life until I was 18, but only ever a US passport. I would leave and enter the US and Ireland (and every other place I visited) on my US passport. How can he leave Russia on a Russian passport and later that night, enter the US on a US passport? Any idea?

On 12/10/2018 at 11:16 AM, Dance4Life said:

Right!  Of course, they poisoned the cousin and had him tell Larissa off.  How many times did the cousin call Larissa a bitch???  Why is the cousin even saying anything about Larissa’s ring?  It is none of his business.  It is a GIFT from Colt.

Cousin was really going on and on about Debbie not living with them and how it was all Larissa’s fault.  Geeeesh!  I wonder where the cousin got that information from!  Hahahahaha!  Debbie!  

Debbie should move in with the Cousin. It is a great idea! 

What about the wife just sitting there not saying a thing??  If my husband got hot with a woman I would be shocked and not allow it.  Obviously, he talks to her in that tone as well.

hahahahaha!  The Christian sticker on their car!  Hypocrites!  

Yes, you are right.  There is a strength in numbers.  All of them against Larissa.  If it was an American woman  she would leave and go stay somewhere else. 

This is the ugly part of the show when we see how controlling the Americans can be towards their foreign fiances. Most of them are escaping poverty but they still have loving families, friends, jobs, etc back home.  In America, they have nobody.

They were all in on it.  After the cousin left Debbie and Colt continue to act cruel towards Larissa.

Debbie has to go!  

I wonder what Friendly’s restaurant chain thinks about cousin John calling a woman a bitch on national tv.   Not so friendly.  And has he just gotten off shift each time or is he some proud manager trainee that wears his uniform around the clock?

• Love 9
On 12/10/2018 at 11:25 AM, eatsleep said:

I am assuming he is many, many thousands of dollars in arrears. That will happen if the obligee spends any amount of time unemployed.

Or in prison.

Although they can ask that the support be lowered during these periods, but many never do and the reduction can be only prospective.

Edited by Spike
  • Love 3

Olga looks like the human manifestation of a snapchat filter. Idk but something about her is so naturally beautiful . She looks best with zero makeup. Steven's face looks like the sidewalk in the bad part of town.  

Leida and Eric are equally douche and deserve each other. As much as Tasha mouthed off, ultimately she broke down and cried. I felt for her. That has been me in my youth- defense mode til you get away from the person and then appropriately cry it out. I hope her mom gives her extra love now. I still don't believe Alessandro isn't a random child they picked up somewhere . Leida has never touched or even looked at the child. He sat there playing video games with daughter Eric.  Someone needed to take those poor children out of there. 

Kalani & Asuelo- I have no words. That's a weird dynamic. I still don't think he is functioning in a typical adult capacity. Kalani needs to decide if she can live with him forever or not and she needs to make that decision pronto. 

Jay and Like Ash need to like decide what like their relationship needs to like communicate like to be together for like the rest of their lives like. - I wrote that as Jay in every talking head he's ever had. PLEASE stop saying "like" & babbling nonsensically about abstract concepts such as "communication." That word is severely overused. Nobody knows what it means though! Something flipped in Ashley's mind and I feel like she deviated so far from her typical "type" that that's where she got the idea to marry Jay (a child with no business getting married). I'd bet that all her exes were blue eyed conservative caucasians from town , all her own age. She got mad it didn't work so went to the polar opposite.  Someone needs to tell her it won't just work by virtue of being totally different though. The racial issues have been so prominent here, I get the feeling Ashley thrives on drama in her life - just like her ex friend. If she moved to NYC (for example) with Jay, there would be less likelihood of discrimination and she wouldn't know what to do w/ herself. Just like if Jay became a doting husband who never left the house without her- she would hate that existence. There would be nothing to talk about. 

Jonathan has issues with his mom that need healing and he may never get the resolution he seeks. It's nothing to do with Fernanda but it's complicated & deep seated and she likely never saw anything like it. She'll never understand it so while her efforts to heal them are respectable and sweet, time will tell. She may be looking at a lifetime of coldness towards her and maybe even her children by the mother bc it happens. She will learn by age around age 35 though .  Speaking from experience. 

• Love 6
21 minutes ago, eatsleep said:

Right. It would definitely not be easy. But the only way, I think...if he could figure out how to pull it off. 

Wow, that's complicated!

Not sure I understand. How can anyone have two passports? I had dual citizenship (US and Ireland) my entire life until I was 18, but only ever a US passport. I would leave and enter the US and Ireland (and every other place I visited) on my US passport. How can he leave Russia on a Russian passport and later that night, enter the US on a US passport? Any idea?

i have friends that do that. They are US\ UK citizens. They come in and out with either one. But  they use the one from the country they are entering. They use their Uk passport at British immigration and USA passport at American immigration. You can have 2 passports

Edited by JennyMominFL
  • Love 7
27 minutes ago, Spike said:

I wonder what Friendly’s restaurant chain thinks about cousin John calling a woman a bitch on national tv.   Not so friendly.  And has he just gotten off shift each time or is he some proud manager trainee that wears his uniform around the clock?

The company isn't the restaurant chain; it's some sort of heating/cooling company, I think.

Nevertheless, I agree, they can't be very happy about him showing his rear all over international tv wearing their logo.

• Love 8
20 minutes ago, eatsleep said:

Wow, that's complicated!

It's actually quite common for dual citizens to hold a passport from each country of citizenship.  I can tell you with certainty that when entering or leaving the US, no matter what other countries you hold citizenship in, you show your US passport (although I can't actually remember ever having to show my passport to leave the US, except at the airline when checking in - obviously not the same thing as border control). The same is true in Russia and I think this is true in most countries. I suppose if you hold a passport from a country that doesn't require a visa to enter the US, you could show your foreign passport and it wouldn't really matter (although then I'm not sure how you would answer the immigration questions about how long you're here and why....).

Showing your passport upon entry basically means you have the right to be in that country. Without a Russian visa in your US passport (which I've previously noted Russia does not allow), you are not legally able to enter Russia. In the case where there is an exit check as well (ALWAYS in Russia), you also need to prove you had a right to be there. Again, has to be the Russian passport.

• Love 9
15 minutes ago, renatae said:

The company isn't the restaurant chain; it's some sort of heating/cooling company, I think.

Nevertheless, I agree, they can't be very happy about him showing his rear all over international tv wearing their logo.

I actually looked him up online. He's the owner of the company. And it's obvious that he doesn't care what anybody else thinks about anything. God's got this.

• Useful 1
  • Love 16
4 minutes ago, AZChristian said:

I actually looked him up online. He's the owner of the company. And it's obvious that he doesn't care what anybody else thinks about anything. God's got this.

Maybe he would know how to add AC to their car lol.

• Love 22

Ppl somehow need to understand that when they sign on for bridal party duty and agree to buy all this shit, it's basically all a big gift to their friend. It's not a tax shelter. (That's why I shrink from that responsibility.)

Especially when you sign on to be in a bridal party for someone who is in her third engagement in only a year. You would have better odds of success putting your money on the 0 on the roulette wheel. At least they were nice about it. Maybe they can use those dresses at Ashley's next wedding.

• Love 11
2 minutes ago, Kellyee said:

Maybe they can use those dresses at Ashley's next wedding.

Yeah! But where is Jay going to ever use the red suit jacket?! Unless he gets a job at a caterer or a bellhop? Wtf was Ash thinking by choosing that ugly suit. Isn't navy blue the "it" color now? Especially for the barnyard chic wedding she was going for?

• Love 5
On 12/9/2018 at 10:13 PM, JennyMominFL said:

At 19 I had been in the Marines for 2 years, My son had been in the Army for 2 years. Tasha is not a child. She has not paid rent in months and she trashes the house, She needs to go. Frankly so does Leida.

This is a generalization none of us can make.  Tasha appears to be working and was able to pay her half of the rent- until Eric "excused" her from it- I would guess so that he looks to Leida as if he is making a move towards getting her out. I have no faith at all that Eric gave her a deadline. He's too wishy-washy to have had a concrete conversation with a timeline.  And although at 19, OP, you had been in the military for two years, that's the exception rather than the rule. We don't know if Tasha may be in school or where she works, but it's presumptuous to make a blanket statement that she "needs to go." Eric is letting Leida steamroll him into mistreating his daughter. Telling her to "take her shit and get out..." over SPEAKERPHONE with small children in earshot is beyond despicable. 

As for his gallant bid for dad-of-the-year ("you can't turn me against my kids! I love my kids!") and his talk of "giving up parental rights"- they aren't rights, buddy; they're obligations. So come down off your self-righteous pedestal and shut the F up.  I hope she harps on you the rest of your livelong days about how she's NOT HAPPY and you grind yourself down into heart failure trying to please her.

• Love 21
2 hours ago, eatsleep said:
18 hours ago, HaaCHOO said:

Maybe Larissa should go back to Brazil where her lifee will be better.  Ours too.

Why? She agreed to marry an American who brought her here.

And the answer IS:  She's unhappeee about everythingee: Las Vegasee, Coltee's carree, the foodee, Coltee's motheree, the budgetee, Coltee's cousinee, Coltee's houseee, the HOT weatheree, no moneeeee, no poooooleee, etcetera-ee!

• Love 11

Didn't notice the grill Coltee had but when Debbie carried the burgers and hot dogs into the house did anyone notice the 25 packages of buns? Were they feeding the camera crew? 

I must have fast forwarded or nodded off did someone say that that's difference house that Debbie and Colt were in? 

I think the cousin was brought in just so they would have someone to weigh in on this mess. He probably doesn't have friends there.  

The Jaguar laughing ramble  didn't make sense. 

Thats all I got you guys have it covered very well. 

• Love 8
8 minutes ago, KateHearts said:

Eric is letting Leida steamroll him into mistreating his daughter.

Leida doesn't need a steamroller.  Eric is such a pushover that any female with an opinion can make him shrink into a little ball.  I'd love the producers to create a scene with the three of them: Eric, Leida, and Tasha.  At first Leida is yelling at Tasha and Tasha gives it right back to her while Eric pretends to be invisible.  Then, they BOTH start yelling at Eric and he just sits there twitching, hoping someone will come to save him. 

• Love 8
9 minutes ago, athousandclowns said:

Didn't notice the grill Coltee had but when Debbie carried the burgers and hot dogs into the house did anyone notice the 25 packages of buns? Were they feeding the camera crew? 

I must have fast forwarded or nodded off did someone say that that's difference house that Debbie and Colt were in? 

I think the cousin was brought in just so they would have someone to weigh in on this mess. He probably doesn't have friends there.  

The Jaguar laughing ramble  didn't make sense. 

Thats all I got you guys have it covered very well. 

I thought that house looked a lot more lived in than the couchless house.

You can get a used Jag on the cheap, for shits and giggles I would get one just to drive over to the cousins to see their expressions on their faces.

• Love 11
4 hours ago, doyouevengohere said:

Well that's if Eric is to be believed.....I mean of course he was going to tell Ledia that Tasha was rarely at the apt in the beginning to get her to move into the rat hole.  If you take someone's mattress then they definitely can't sleep on it if there's nothing else to sleep on.  Even if what Eric said was true..... it belonged to Tasha and was in her room.  You don't just take people's things because you determine they don't need them.  If Eric bought the futon and mattress, that's one thing or if they had asked her.  But just taking it because you are mad or Ledia "doesn't like it" and threatens to go back home, is not right.  They could have run themselves down to Wal-mart and gotten an egg crate topper for like $20.  Eric probably doesn't even have that, but really he should have sorted out proper sleeping furniture ahead of time since he was the one bringing she-beast and her kid over.  Tasha isn't responsible for sorting out  places and furniture  to sleep for her father's mail order bride and kid or giving her mattress even if she wasn't using it.  It's a freaking futon mattress, but legally if Tasha wanted to push it there, the law would be on her side.   For the apt. too if her name was on the lease and Ledia ( who was a guest and may or may not have been mentioned to the leasing office so that she was an occupant that they were informed of) was trying to evict her.  They may have wanted her to move and all that and we can call Tasha selfish all day long, but legally she probably had a right to be there and not have her stuff taken out of her room.

Even if Eric bought it, it was still wrong of them to take it.  If she ever slept there at all, they should have left her bed alone.

• Love 6

I love reading here about the show more than I enjoy watching because these people and their life choices are utterly baffling to me, the majority of them anyways. Do these people have any idea how awful they come off? How bad they look, sound and behave? Why would anybody sign up to broadcast this on tv? I cannot get my head around this concept.  Is it show/producer driven or is what we see legit and real?

• Love 8
4 hours ago, Rt66vintage said:

Tasha apparently did a live interview on a social media site, Instagram maybe. She said Eric was living in his car for a couple of years. I saw some clips of it fb.

Thanks for clearing this up. I also have been going back and looking at past episodes thinking I missed something.

• Love 5
3 hours ago, brillia79 said:

I’m not a lawyer, but I don’t think it’s that easy to get out of paying child support even if you “terminate” parental rights. Otherwise, the Bro v. Wade men’s rights activists who bitch about child support payments would do it to keep their money. 

From the point of the state, they don’t want to support your kids as long as you are alive and able bodied. So I think they make it very hard for a parent to walk away from their financial obligations.

Any social workers or Family Law experts here who know for sure?

You are exactly right.  You cant just terminate your parental rights unless there is someone else willing to step in and adopt the child, like a Step-Parent.

• Love 3
6 hours ago, gotta watch said:

I've seen no evidence that Steven is the bio-Dad of that baby. No Way he could come flouncing out of Russia with him without a DNA test at least.

Stephen has a lot of acne.  During a close up of the baby's face, I thought "poor baby has his daddy's bad skin".  Unless it's just baby acne.  

But yeah, how does he really know the baby is his?  That may be our next producer-driven story line.

• Love 4
On 12/10/2018 at 4:56 PM, Pasha Kitty said:

I agree that Tasha is not a child, she hasn't paid rent, and she trashes the place.  Leida is setting boundaries- good for her. 

Boundaries are set by parents- not by their mail-order, immature, rude green-card seeking "fiancées."  And boundary-setting doesn't involve saying "I want you out! Now! I'm done with you! I'm in charge now!"

And "trashing a place" involves breaking things, ruining carpet, putting holes in walls and the like.  Not leaving your clothes all over the place. My 3 kids are all grown adults, and as teens they left their clothes lying around.  I didn't call it "trashing the place." I called it sloppy.  They are all neat now.

Lastly, Leida doesn't have a right to go into Tasha's room.  Messy or not.  Close the door.  Intervention is required if there is rotting food, or ants.  I saw neither.

• Love 21
On 12/10/2018 at 5:31 PM, Mothra said:

I have been in (and exited) Russia only once, and that was almost 20 years ago, but what you describe is pretty much what I experienced.  There was ridiculous searching of *everything* a person might be hiding in--they did not want anyone leaving Russia without proper papers.  The soldiers who went through my belongings--at multiple checkpoints on my way out--didn't seem to care about objects; they didn't ask for proof that I'd paid taxes on any items I'd bought in Russia, for example, and there was no search for contraband like drugs--were solely interested in keeping people from escaping Russia.  The checkpoint entering Russia (just one) meant showing my passport and my visa, and that was pretty much it.

I would be very surprised if Steven could get Richie out of Russia, even with Richie's American citizenship, if Olga were not along.  Richie's documents will all show that he was born in Russia, and I am assuming he keeps his Russian citizenship as well,  giving him dual citizenship, not just American.

Correct. It makes him a Russian citizen while he is in Russia

• Love 4
7 hours ago, brillia79 said:

This happened years and years ago:  I new a girl who got pregnant by a cop/boyfriend and they conspired to say that she had no idea who the father was so she could get services.  It did not go well.

• Love 4

Although we've established that Cousin John's "Friendly's HVAC" company is not in any way connected to the Friendly's restaurant chain, I wonder how many people would make the mistake of thinking it is. Friendly's restaurant wouldn't be too happy if John's comments on 90DF cost them business it serves him right if he gets in trouble for using a trademarked company name. 

Edited by magemaud
  • Love 3
8 hours ago, eatsleep said:

They can keep the dresses and still go out. Or they can resell them. Or they can ask the bridal shop to buy them back at a loss. 

Ppl somehow need to understand that when they sign on for bridal party duty and agree to buy all this shit, it's basically all a big gift to their friend. It's not a tax shelter. (That's why I shrink from that responsibility.)

Someone upthread mentioned they might be altered by a tailor to perfectly fit the person which would make them hard to sell.

Also, isn’t the point of a bridesmaids dress that it’s fugly enough so as to ensure it doesn’t outshine the bride? 😂😂😂🤣🤣🤣🤣💛✨

I had no idea that in America the bridesmaids pay for their own dresses!

People on Pinterest post these pretty “will you be my bridesmaid?” stationery and now I’m seeing it like getting an INVOICE. Noooooooo! 😂🤣

50 minutes ago, jumper sage said:

This happened years and years ago:  I new a girl who got pregnant by a cop/boyfriend and they conspired to say that she had no idea who the father was so she could get services.  It did not go well.

Were they required to take a paternity test?

Edited by CSS.MD
  • Love 2
3 hours ago, Floatingbison said:

I do sometimes, but yes, that Russian hippie lawyer did not give me a great sense of confidence.

This reminds me of a post-meeting conversation I had with my boss back in the day...

My Boss: What did you think about that?

Me: The whole time I wondered if he had a licence...

5 hours ago, Lady Iris said:

I love reading here about the show more than I enjoy watching because these people and their life choices are utterly baffling to me, the majority of them anyways. Do these people have any idea how awful they come off? How bad they look, sound and behave? Why would anybody sign up to broadcast this on tv? I cannot get my head around this concept.  Is it show/producer driven or is what we see legit and real?

I think people who sign up to be on this show are people with nothing to lose.

ETA: I mean if you were aiming to be Secretary of State, would being on this show help with your career? No.

That’s why they all keep creating drama to stay on this show because it’s basically a reputation killer and I imagine it would be hard to gain employment after being on this sh*tshow. Fun to watch but horrifying to be on. 🍿

I know plenty of international couples, I can’t imagine ANY of these acquaintances wanting to be on this show.

Hell, they might even look down on me for merely REGULARLY WATCHING it!

(What, it’s addictive! 🤷🏻‍♀️)

Edited by CSS.MD
ETA.
  • Love 5
8 minutes ago, CSS.MD said:

Were they required to take a paternity test?

Well she went to social services by herself.  She tried to play it off as a one-night stand.  The guy's father, also a cop, was in on it too.  I think someone from the precinct made a call to social services the boy lost his job and the dad was disciplined and demoted.  Talk about being in a bad relationship!

• Love 6
8 hours ago, Kdawg82 said:

She doesn't look expensive. Fernanda looks more expensive. 

Jonathon spends more on Fernanda on a night out than Colt has ever spent on Larissa. He bought her boobs for a gift, which elective surgery isn't cheap by any means. Of course, Jonathan appears to make a great income, and his family seems very well off. Coltee seems pretty broke to me. Especially if he needs his mother to help pay bills (who is clearly on some type of fixed income). The fact they bought a car without air conditioning (was it like $200 cheaper?) is a sign how bad their finances are. 

Edited by bravofan27
  • Love 4
3 minutes ago, jumper sage said:

Well she went to social services by herself.  She tried to play it off as a one-night stand.  The guy's father, also a cop, was in on it too.  I think someone from the precinct made a call to social services the boy lost his job and the dad was disciplined and demoted.  Talk about being in a bad relationship!

Cops too. 😨 That’s messed up. 😐

I’m usually fascinated with “Bonnie & Clyde” stories where couples become partners in crime.

But somehow Leida’s insistence that Eric stop paying child support is very unsexy to me...

• Love 2
1 hour ago, CSS.MD said:

I had no idea that in America the bridesmaids pay for their own dresses!

Not only that, there can be huge expenses that go along with the dubious honor of being a bridesmaid apart from buying the fugly dress. (In Ashley's case THREE dresses, plus she kicked Natalie out after she had purchased her dress.) The attendants are expected to foot the bill for a shower which have become full blown restaurant shindigs and there can also be travel expenses for the bachelorette party and possibly flights to a destination wedding locale. AND after all that, they're expected to give the bride shower and wedding gifts! 

Edited by magemaud
  • Love 11
51 minutes ago, magemaud said:

Not only that, there can be huge expenses that go along with the dubious honor of being a bridesmaid apart from buying the fugly dress. (In Ashley's case THREE dresses, plus she kicked Natalie out after she had purchased her dress.) The attendants are expected to foot the bill for a shower which have become full blown restaurant shindigs and there can also be travel expenses for the bachelorette party and possibly flights to a destination wedding locale. AND after all that, they're expected to give the bride shower and wedding gifts! 

I stood up in 2 weddings and the dresses were very reasonable, like $45.

Bold - I think that is a southern thing.  Up here in Michigan the girl's family throws the shower, I have never been to a bachelorette party and being in the wedding is the gift.  In our family a co-bachelor/bachelorette party is the thing to do.  You rent gambling tables from the Catholic church and have a potlock.  The couple is the house.  You can even bring your kids as the grandmothers usually stay inside and stay with the kids.

• Love 3
On 12/10/2018 at 11:47 AM, Neurochick said:

I went out last night and only caught the last part of the show, the part where Leida was screaming at Tasha.  Now, I don't know how long Tasha and Eric were living together and who is and who isn't on the lease, but that scene was fowl. <snip>

So....reminded you of a cockfight?

• Love 8
2 hours ago, magemaud said:

I’m almost ashamed to say it, but I’m shameless so I’ll say it:

I think this scares me more than a cash bar. 😂🍸🤣

ASHLEY WHAT ARE YOU DOING!

Be good to your friends!

I’m shook.

1 hour ago, jumper sage said:

Bold - I think that is a southern thing.  Up here in Michigan the girl's family throws the shower, I have never been to a bachelorette party and being in the wedding is the gift.  In our family a co-bachelor/bachelorette party is the thing to do.  You rent gambling tables from the Catholic church and have a potlock.  The couple is the house.  You can even bring your kids as the grandmothers usually stay inside and stay with the kids.

Good to know that doesn’t apply everywhere.

Because what if my bestfriends are broke but I want them to be part of my wedding?

1 hour ago, TwirlyGirly said:

Foultry. 😂😂🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🐓🍗

I’m sorry I couldn’t help myself.

Around this season last year, I was hanging around people who enjoyed punny dad jokes. I’m getting flashbacks. LOL.

• Love 4

Ashley calling off her wedding didn't seem organic to me. The way she was packing her suitcase was like "ok. Here's the part where I pack my suitcase on this show-once again!😀😀😀" Where is a bartender who needs to foot the bill for both her and her fiance to go to Vegas getting the $ for it?! Where are her kids?- I respect them not being on camera bc eww to those who do, but it's taking me out of the reality that she's a mother and Jay is a soon to be stepfather 😒😒😒

And when she went to the wedding venue to check it out and show Jay, even that didn't seem like the big wedding was ever going to happen. Ashley def doesn't come across as a wedding planner, taking care of ALL the DETAILS.  She seems more into dating and other activities. 

• Love 4
6 hours ago, TwirlyGirly said:

Well, Eric is definitely a chickenshit, and Leida is at the top of the pecking order in the relationship; she'll be the one ruling the roost. Their marriage couldn't survive on a wing and a prayer, even if he does work in avionics. With his income, he won't be feathering the nest. When the marriage meets its inevitable end, Eric is going to have egg on his face. I'm glad that Tasha flew the coop, she should have given Leida the bird on the way out, it would have been a real feather in her cap. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 11
8 hours ago, bravofan27 said:

The fact they bought a car without air conditioning (was it like $200 cheaper?) is a sign how bad their finances are. 

Not necessarily. They could have bought the car new eons ago and just decided hey, as long as Mommy Deb can drive Colt to work, it's fine by them.  And it probably did come with a/c (they all do nowadays); likely it broke at some point and they are cheap and didn't want to fix it.  I think cheap and tightfisted win over "broke" in their case.

• Love 6

Jonathon spends more on Fernanda on a night out than Colt has ever spent on Larissa. He bought her boobs for a gift, which elective surgery isn't cheap by any means. Of course, Jonathan appears to make a great income, and his family seems very well off. Coltee seems pretty broke to me. Especially if he needs his mother to help pay bills (who is clearly on some type of fixed income). The fact they bought a car without air conditioning (was it like $200 cheaper?) is a sign how bad their finances are. 

I think Colt and Mommy Deb are extreme cheapskates. And that's fine, but they need to find a like-minded person to bring in to their family. I think Colt full-on lied to Larissa about finances and never let on what his real thoughts were about money. Now he uses Mommy to enforce his budget rules at stores. Anyone living in Vegas without air conditioning in their car needs to fess up to anyone coming to live with them that that is the deal. I was in Vegas once in August and I thought my skin would melt off after being outside for 3 minutes. 

While I do know two people who found very nice wedding dresses for under $800, $2k is not crazy for a wedding dress. And its a discussion that Larissa and Colt should be having, without Mommy the Enforcer. 

• Love 12
7 hours ago, jumper sage said:

Wow.  I kinda envy your wedding traditions.  I'm in NJ, and weddings are over the top.  I don't think I've been to any that are modest.  As someone mentioned, showers are at restaurants, sometimes with open bars, and cost a lot of $$ that bridesmaids pay for.  And it is common for bachelorettte parties to be in Mexico or Vegas.  I honestly don't understand how so many people expect their friends to fork over such large amounts of money.  And at the showers/weddings I've been to, the bridal party gives a gift in addition to paying for everything I just mentioned plus their dress, shoes, hair, and make-up.  I once declined an invitation to be in a bridal party because it is just too much.

• Love 11
On 12/10/2018 at 12:32 PM, eatsleep said:

But is he the noncustodial parent? In many US states, both parents have custody until decided otherwise.

But what if Olga comes to the US and they break off the engagement!?? Then Richie is already a US citizen and on US soil w/ his biological father. Olga might never see that child again!

No judge is going to strip Olga of that child.  We just had a national outcry about ripping babies away from their immigrant parents.  

Baby was born in Russia and he will also be Russian citizen. Going back to Russia no problem for Olga and Richie.

What can happen if they break up and Steven wins a case to keep Richie in USA.......is that Olga gets tied up in a legal case in America.  (Steven is too poor to disappear with Richie).

Which works for her!  This is what those migrants do when they have anchor children and illegal status. Olga will have government benefits with Richie and she can also find some Russians to support her emotionally and offer friendship.  She speaks English and studying for a trade can be easy.  

In a jiffy she might even even find someone to marry her.

So, if Steven decides to play dirty he might want to dump Olga on the last day on her visa just to make things a little more difficult.  Who knows!

I don’t know their current status as I haven’t read any spoilers, etc.......but, I am sure it will end up fine just like the others.  (This is just me guessing and hoping).

• Love 4
1 hour ago, Gobi said:

Well, Eric is definitely a chickenshit, and Leida is at the top of the pecking order in the relationship; she'll be the one ruling the roost. Their marriage couldn't survive on a wing and a prayer, even if he does work in avionics. With his income, he won't be feathering the nest. When the marriage meets its inevitable end, Eric is going to have egg on his face. I'm glad that Tasha flew the coop, she should have given Leida the bird on the way out, it would have been a real feather in her cap. 

This is the stuff of NatGeo Wild.

• Love 7

I am so confused about this passport/visa thing with Richie. Can someone break it down or tell me where I'm getting lost...

Richie is born in Russia so is a Russian citizen and will get a Russian passport.

Putting aside the K1 because I'm confused enough, let's pretend that they have that. Now they want to take him to the U.S. to live so they use the Russian passport to get out of Russia. What do they do when they reach the U.S. with him? Do they have to tell Russia they are moving and not simply traveling and returning? What do they do once they are in the U.S.? Will they automatically get a U.S. passport for Richie because his father is an American citizen?

I'm asking because I think I read a post here that said if Olga comes here and it does not work out, she will have a hard time taking Richie out of the country and I'm wondering why that is if he is a dual citizen with appropriate passports for each country? Also, I think I read something about Richie getting a visa and that threw me off too.

• Love 2