Type keyword(s) to search

Season 6 Discussion

Drogo
  • Start Topic

1 hour ago, bravofan27 said:

And clubbing at 30+? Fernanda might be more mature than he is. 

Hahaha watch it! You're joining me in an unpopular opinion! 

Look- I know people who are 40 and go clubbing. Divorced people who have found themselves looking for a new partner. In your 30s and you're still single- have at it! 40, looking for love or sex, go for it! It's just not for me at this point in life and seems humorous to me TBH. 

It's a question of value system. As a married mom of three who barely sees her husband- because if he's not at work, he's in the driveway fixing cars, cutting grass/leaves, up on the roof, the list goes on- I would be perturbed If he rather go out with his boys than be with me & kids when he has 5 min to breathe. If I was getting dolled up in a mini skirt, going out with the girls, it would be - my opinion- highly inappropriate and disrespectful to my family. Given so little time on this earth, I enjoy putting it onto the people I love the most. I'm out of state now so it's hard to see some of my people but time with them is well spent and worth it when I do. Even a phone convo. Nobody in my life who I'm close to and shares my value system goes to bars and clubs.   

ETA: my husband cosigns all this. That's why we're BFF'S . Have to agree on lifestyle & expectations before taking the plunge. 

Edited by Kdawg82
  • Love 3

The last time I was in Fiji most of the resort workers sounded like Asuelu.  I think it’s the way they blend English with the phonetics of their language.  I see it in Hawaii as well and I’m pretty sure a lot of them are just locals.  You combine pidgin with common English and you get English that is abbreviated between vowels.  I actually teach people to read Hawaiian  or Japanese words by stopping after vowels (generally works lol) and to really stop and enunciate them.  It’s better to talk slow to be understood.

of course I can’t do anything about the way “karaoke” is pronounced LOL   Carry-okie is not even close 

• Love 7
7 hours ago, JennyMominFL said:

There are actually a lot of men who have no interest in a woman who is basically still a child. There are a lot of men who want a women who is as intellectually and socially developed as they are. There are also plenty of men who genuinely find a hot 32 year old attractive.

Who wants a smoking hot  19 yr old that morphs into an incoherent, screaming and sobbing 11 yr old complete with stringy spittle and snot bubbles because she couldn’t amuse herself for an hourwhile you chat with a friend? That little scene she pulled, followed by  a sobbing call to daddy to complain about that big meanie Jon?  A complete turn off. 

• Love 11
11 hours ago, bravofan27 said:

My mom has been a realtor my whole life. It's not hard at all. Takes about 5 months to get a license, and then fees each year to renew. 

I think becoming a realtor might be easy; making a good living selling real estate requires a lot of time (much of it weekends and evenings) and hustling.

• Love 12
4 hours ago, iwasish said:

Who wants a smoking hot  19 yr old that morphs into an incoherent, screaming and sobbing 11 yr old complete with stringy spittle and snot bubbles because she couldn’t amuse herself for an hourwhile you chat with a friend? That little scene she pulled, followed by  a sobbing call to daddy to complain about that big meanie Jon?  A complete turn off. 

Ugh, I noticed the spittle too.  I kept thinking, "oh, Fernanda; that's not a good look. Wipe your mouth!"

• Love 1
5 hours ago, HappyDancex2 said:

The last time I was in Fiji most of the resort workers sounded like Asuelu.  I think it’s the way they blend English with the phonetics of their language.  I see it in Hawaii as well and I’m pretty sure a lot of them are just locals.  You combine pidgin with common English and you get English that is abbreviated between vowels.  I actually teach people to read Hawaiian  or Japanese words by stopping after vowels (generally works lol) and to really stop and enunciate them.  It’s better to talk slow to be understood.

of course I can’t do anything about the way “karaoke” is pronounced LOL   Carry-okie is not even close 

🇯🇵🇲🇨 This is also how we prononce it in Indonesia: 

🇬🇧 But the Brits beg to differ apparently:

6 hours ago, Kdawg82 said:

I got the impression Jonathan is a coke user also. His look is not well when he came home in that morning (?) scene and there were other scenes/photos of him clubbing prior. The partially closed eyes and the left one gets wonky. Then the grey sweaty tone he had to his face when he got home and the general guilty look. There is an look cocaine users get to their complexion.  Husband and I had this impression from the time we saw this guy on our screen. 

Jon? REALLY?

If I had to guess one on this show most likely to be a druggie, I’d guess Jesse.

(In his current incarnation—not the original Jesse we saw when he first appeared on the show. 👠 But the tuxedo-wearing Jesse from this episode. I heard coke is the drug of choice for narcissists because of how it makes them feel on-top-of-teh-world and all that.)

What’s your take on him?

Edited by CSS.MD

I have no sympathy for Fernanda nor Jonathan. Both are getting what they want from the situation they created. When I was 18, my friends and I would go party on college night at some of the local spots. The places would be crawling with men in their 30s. I found it creepy and somewhat terrifying. When I was 18, I looked 13. 

And good luck with those store bought boobs, Fern. I had so many friends whose breasts grew up to two sizes in college. Myself included. When you start wearing bras with straps the size of rulers, you’ll rethink your elective surgery on your very young body.

• Love 11
7 hours ago, iwasish said:

Boom.

*mic drop*

• Love 1
On 12/17/2018 at 7:48 AM, millennium said:

Trashley?   That's awful (but funny).

Ashley has a son.  Where is he?   What have they done with him?   As far as we have seen, the son has not been introduced to the strange Jamaican man about to marry his mother.

Know what they call girls who rely on the pull-out method?

Mothers.

(Sorry, but I couldn't just let that go.)

Nor should you feel you should let it go.  It can't be hammered home enough.Pull out is better than nothing, but not much better.  As someone who in college was a volunteer at Planned Parenthood in the 70s, it boggles the mind that in this day and age, people are still so stupid about contraception.  I get being a horny teen who doesn't want to tell her mother that she's having sex.  But a 30-year-old?  That's just stupid.  

But even the horny teens -- most of my friends who have daughters AND sons give them the birth control lecture at an appropriate age.  Not one of their kids has become pregnant or impregnated someone.

Edited by brilliantbreakfast
  • Love 7
19 hours ago, eatsleep said:

No one is saying anything like that. You responded to someone who responded to a plea not to call him names like "Asholo.: Give me a break; no one said anything about him being a rapist. Drag/dropped in Samoa? Who was drag/dropped in samoa? What does that even mean?

You're saying his employer wants him impregnating White Americans?

Maybe not impregnate but to provide sexual intimacy. It was a subplot with a trophy wife rubbing up against Patrick Swayze in Dirty  Dancing and in Magic Mike 2 with the celibate widow 

• Love 1

I have a feeling Asuelu is pretty good in bed. Not even kidding.  I think Kalani is enjoying the guy but things just got too intense w the 2nd pregnancy. And he still walks around in that traditional skirt so he likely has very healthy sperm as everything is hanging out in the open.  Like they tell couples trying to conceive to let the man switch to boxers. Whatever it is, she needs to get a decent job and buckle down.  There is  baby on the way. No one can really TEACH Asuelu common sense but he can sort of learn basics on Oliver and be more helpful with new baby.  

• Love 5

I don't think that Asuelu is ignorant to birth control. He stated that it's a "badge of honor," so to speak, to father many children and have a large family. Again, he is bringing his cultural norms and beliefs to the States. Only to be maligned and trash-talked by the woman who purportedly loves him and wants to marry him. (Although now she's thinking she doesn't want to... which makes perfect Kalani sense.  "He GOT ME PREGNANT, the pig.  Ugh." I think he mentioned that she was wanting to screw like rabbits when he arrived in America).

• Love 7
On 12/17/2018 at 9:24 PM, Kdawg82 said:

<snip>

ETA: Paragard is the copper IUD that is hormone free. I'm sure while BF'ing it is safe to use.. I think as they say the foreigners have "anchor babies," this is Kalani's "5 minutes of fame reality tv surprise" baby#2. 

In Kalani's TH's, she said:

"Because I'm 'breastfeeding' and don't have many options for birth control [...]"

According to Planned Parenthood:

"If you’re breastfeeding, you can safely use hormonal methods. They won’t hurt you or your baby.

You can start using the shot, implant, Skyla and Mirena IUDs, and some types of birth control pills (called mini-pills) right after giving birth.

[...]

For the first 3 weeks after giving birth, don’t use a method that has the hormone estrogen, like the pill, patch, or ring.  After 3 weeks, you can start any of these methods."

So, one can use any form of birth control, even hormonal birth control containing estrogen, after three weeks post-partum.

Kalani is without a clue.

22 hours ago, funky-rat said:

I love fun purses.  Betsey Johnson makes a similar purse, and I have a number of her bags.  I have one that looks like a gumball machine, and one that looks like a phone, which you can hook to your cell phone, and receive calls on it.  No hate for that.

And now I'm jealous, because that is the one I've been wanting forever!

Edited by TwirlyGirly
  • Love 1
10 hours ago, HappyDancex2 said:

The last time I was in Fiji most of the resort workers sounded like Asuelu.

So many Americans expect every person from another country to not only speak English...but speak American English perfectly, with our slang and innuendo--the minute their plane lands in the good ol' USA.  Miss USA was a perfect example of this ignorance at the recent Miss Universe pageant, and the world got to see it.  She's in an Thailand and ridiculing contestants from Cambodia and Vietnam because they don't speak English!  No one interviewed her regarding her foreign language (non-existent) skills.  English is the least of Asuelu's problems hereFREE ASUELU !!!

1 hour ago, Kdawg82 said:

No one can really TEACH Asuelu common sense

That's "common sense" American style.  Kalani doesn't excel there either...but plop her down in Samoa and she'd be a laughingstock--or, because they're a kinder people, they'd probably send an army of women to teach her.  No matter how long it took.

• Love 17
13 hours ago, Kdawg82 said:

I can only add- instead of being a slut person for free, I should've held out for an older man who would give me a jeep and pair of new bewbies. LoL

Well, that’s the advice I give my kids. ;-)

Becoming a realtor is easy but making a good living at one is not.  My kid is an assistant to a couple realtors.   She says being a good realtor takes up their whole life because realtors do not work a typical work schedule.  Plus a good realtor needs to be quick on their feet and work outside the box. 

• Love 8
9 hours ago, iwasish said:

Who wants a smoking hot  19 yr old that morphs into an incoherent, screaming and sobbing 11 yr old complete with stringy spittle and snot bubbles because she couldn’t amuse herself for an hourwhile you chat with a friend?

My take on how long she couldn't "amuse herself" was so much more than an hour.  It had grown into weeks and weeks of his "long" work days (he claims 14 hours).  She's alone. This was the breaking point.  She's stuck there ALONE all day every day and looks forward to AT LAST!!!  She waits ALONE for the moment  her prince should walk in the door.  Because he doesn't have the courtesy to make a two-minute phone call to her (or answer her calls) that he'll be late, that "moment" turns in to ten, then twenty-five. An hour.  Was he in an accident?  Did someone rob or murder him?  How can she find out?  

When he waltzed in, she probably felt the relief knowing he wasn't dead...and then all hell broke loose.   I have too many (mostly) female friends/relatives who have lived that life into their 30s, 40s, and beyond.  

He somehow thinks his little prisoner is "lucky" that he buys her everything she asks for. She should be excited to see him whenever he decides to show up.  Isn't that what he bought and paid for? Prisoner is the operative word.

• Love 21
21 minutes ago, HaaCHOO said:

My take on how long she couldn't "amuse herself" was so much more than an hour.  It had grown into weeks and weeks of his "long" work days (he claims 14 hours).  She's alone. This was the breaking point.  She's stuck there ALONE all day every day and looks forward to AT LAST!!!  She waits ALONE for the moment  her prince should walk in the door.  Because he doesn't have the courtesy to make a two-minute phone call to her (or answer her calls) that he'll be late, that "moment" turns in to ten, then twenty-five. An hour.  Was he in an accident?  Did someone rob or murder him?  How can she find out?  

When he waltzed in, she probably felt the relief knowing he wasn't dead...and then all hell broke loose.   I have too many (mostly) female friends/relatives who have lived that life into their 30s, 40s, and beyond.  

He somehow thinks his little prisoner is "lucky" that he buys her everything she asks for. She should be excited to see him whenever he decides to show up.  Isn't that what he bought and paid for? Prisoner is the operative word.

I totally agree.  I think he's all about him.  He wants arm candy.  He wants the woman dependent on him.  He wants to be the big shot -- who buys her everything.  In return, he expects to do whatever the fuck he wants, when he wants, with no regard to her.

The isolation and boredom these fiances feel is real and we see it across these franchises.  I think the Americans that go overseas and do not meet their fiances organically-and get engaged to someone they barely know purposefully seek out this power imbalance.  They know that American mates will be able to leave them at any time and there's no carrot to dangle over them like a green card.  That's why a Nicole feels like she can get someone more attractive than her like Azan and that's why she isn't going for an obese man like herself overseas.  So when their fiances are here they enjoy knowing that this person's life is totally dependent on them and all they have to do is threaten to send them back if they don't play nice.  It's a sick game, in my view.  

With Fernanda and Jon, he's on the more attractive scale of the Americans so I think Fernanda has real love for him. But I bet this frat bro is actually very insecure and prefers to think of her being at his house waiting his arrival.  I think he enjoys keeping her hanging on the line and does things -- like flirt with other women -- to keep her insecure and off balance.

It's hard for her to be her age, have no friends other than his and they don't have much in common.  She can't work.  She's essentially housebound.  Does he give her a spending budget?  I doubt he does.  I think he's okay spending money on her as long as he gets something out of it -- boob jobs, sexy clothes , a Jeep he probably calls hers but drives himself, gym membership.

I work from home most of the time and while I am busy, can get in my car to go out, have money to spend, working from home and being by yourself can be incredibly isolating.  So if I didn't have something to keep busy, didn't have money, and was dependent on my mate to essentially get me out to do things, I would go crazy.  I think that's what we're seeing with Fernanda and it's hard to be rational when you are in such a dependent state.  Yes, this is her choosing, but he could do much more to make sure she is happy and part of that is just common courtesy.  If he needs solo time with friends, how about a lunch date?  Or how about just taking Fernanda out to lunch?  He could do more to make her less isolated and lonely.

• Love 13
56 minutes ago, LGGirl said:

Well, that’s the advice I give my kids. ;-)

Becoming a realtor is easy but making a good living at one is not.  My kid is an assistant to a couple realtors.   She says being a good realtor takes up their whole life because realtors do not work a typical work schedule.  Plus a good realtor needs to be quick on their feet and work outside the box. 

I don't know, here in California it seems like a lot of legal contracts and stuff like that.  And government regulation.  Then the fiduciary duty to clients, which to me means you have to explain all of this to them in an honest way that makes sense.  And then negotiation and sales.  

It seems hard to me.  But mileage always varies.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, HaaCHOO said:

I can't understand this because I'm an introvert who could easily entertain myself and find things to do for days on end at home alone.  My husband travels for work weekly. So I guess I am used to it and I love to putter around my house. That said, I do have the ability to wander out or call a friend if I get bored.

• Love 6
27 minutes ago, sasha206 said:

I totally agree.  I think he's all about him.  He wants arm candy.  He wants the woman dependent on him.  He wants to be the big shot -- who buys her everything.  In return, he expects to do whatever the fuck he wants, when he wants, with no regard to her.

The isolation and boredom these fiances feel is real and we see it across these franchises.  I think the Americans that go overseas and do not meet their fiances organically-and get engaged to someone they barely know purposefully seek out this power imbalance.  They know that American mates will be able to leave them at any time and there's no carrot to dangle over them like a green card.  That's why a Nicole feels like she can get someone more attractive than her like Azan and that's why she isn't going for an obese man like herself overseas.  So when their fiances are here they enjoy knowing that this person's life is totally dependent on them and all they have to do is threaten to send them back if they don't play nice.  It's a sick game, in my view.  

With Fernanda and Jon, he's on the more attractive scale of the Americans so I think Fernanda has real love for him. But I bet this frat bro is actually very insecure and prefers to think of her being at his house waiting his arrival.  I think he enjoys keeping her hanging on the line and does things -- like flirt with other women -- to keep her insecure and off balance.

It's hard for her to be her age, have no friends other than his and they don't have much in common.  She can't work.  She's essentially housebound.  Does he give her a spending budget?  I doubt he does.  I think he's okay spending money on her as long as he gets something out of it -- boob jobs, sexy clothes , a Jeep he probably calls hers but drives himself, gym membership.

I work from home most of the time and while I am busy, can get in my car to go out, have money to spend, working from home and being by yourself can be incredibly isolating.  So if I didn't have something to keep busy, didn't have money, and was dependent on my mate to essentially get me out to do things, I would go crazy.  I think that's what we're seeing with Fernanda and it's hard to be rational when you are in such a dependent state.  Yes, this is her choosing, but he could do much more to make sure she is happy and part of that is just common courtesy.  If he needs solo time with friends, how about a lunch date?  Or how about just taking Fernanda out to lunch?  He could do more to make her less isolated and lonely.

Generally, I'd agree.  But, I don't think Jon is necessarily that way.

If he really wanted to keep her as a prisoner and wholly dependent he wouldn't have covered the cost of her education.  An education of any kind makes a person more likely to think independently and less likely to be a love slave.  More importantly, getting an education makes it easier to get a job, which gives her independence if she wants it.

He says he is happy to give her his credit card.  I don't think you do that with someone you want to keep as a slave.  The way Colt behaves is more indicative of someone who wants to control someone else.  

If he makes good money she should have an Uber account to get around.  That is on both of them.  He has bought her boobs, a Jeep and paid her rent and her tuition.  I have to think she asked for some of those things so she knows HOW to ask him for stuff she wants.

Why isn't she asking for the Uber account?  Why isn't she asking to enroll in some community college class nearby?  

I think this is a symbiotic relationship.  He wants a young girl with a nice body who isn't super independent and she wants a nice looking sugar daddy.

• Love 3
44 minutes ago, sasha206 said:

She's essentially housebound.  Does he give her a spending budget?  I doubt he does.  I think he's okay spending money on her as long as he gets something out of it -- boob jobs, sexy clothes , a Jeep he probably calls hers but drives himself, gym membership.

I think he said something about paying her "Amazon bill" so she might be filling her days with online shopping, possibly even having things sent to her family in Mexico. And he scolded her for spending six hours on the phone with friends from home. If he's not there, and she knows no one else to communicate with, what's the problem with that? I don't blame her one bit! 

• Love 5
17 minutes ago, magemaud said:

I think he said something about paying her "Amazon bill" so she might be filling her days with online shopping, possibly even having things sent to her family in Mexico. And he scolded her for spending six hours on the phone with friends from home. If he's not there, and she knows no one else to communicate with, what's the problem with that? I don't blame her one bit! 

He is probably good with the Amazon bill provided she's buying sexy lingerie and sex toys!  And yes, scolding her.  Sheesh.  I don't evny any of these foreign fiances that have to go through this process.  Even if the love is genuine it must be incredibly isolating.

Edited by sasha206
  • Love 1
24 minutes ago, RealReality10 said:

Generally, I'd agree.  But, I don't think Jon is necessarily that way.

If he really wanted to keep her as a prisoner and wholly dependent he wouldn't have covered the cost of her education.  An education of any kind makes a person more likely to think independently and less likely to be a love slave.  More importantly, getting an education makes it easier to get a job, which gives her independence if she wants it.

He says he is happy to give her his credit card.  I don't think you do that with someone you want to keep as a slave.  The way Colt behaves is more indicative of someone who wants to control someone else.  

If he makes good money she should have an Uber account to get around.  That is on both of them.  He has bought her boobs, a Jeep and paid her rent and her tuition.  I have to think she asked for some of those things so she knows HOW to ask him for stuff she wants.

Why isn't she asking for the Uber account?  Why isn't she asking to enroll in some community college class nearby?  

I think this is a symbiotic relationship.  He wants a young girl with a nice body who isn't super independent and she wants a nice looking sugar daddy.

Good point on the schooling.  Although he could also be hoping that at some point, she'll use the education to get a job and contribute to household expenses.  After all, he does have a $26K tax lien to pay.  I think he views being her sugar daddy  as some sort of sign of his success that he can flaunt to others -- like the people who live in their parent's basements but drive around in new Mercedes.  Or like Pao and her louboutins.  They want others to think they're much more successful than they truly are. 

And yes, I'm sure as a 19 year-old, you aren't going to say no to the person you believe is the love of your life paying for you.  The problem comes in now when she's upset at him and he's throwing all the monetary stuff he does for her in her face as though it excuses any thoughtlessness on his part and gives him license to do whatever.  

There are truly no free lunches.

• Love 6
9 minutes ago, sasha206 said:

He is probably good with the Amazon bill provided she's buying sexy lingerie and sex toys!  And yes, scolding her.  Sheesh.  I don't even any of these foreign fiances that have to go through this process.  Even if the love is genuine it must be incredibly isolating.

I imagine it is isolating. It takes a real connection, time and maturity to get through it unscathed. Which is not the case in these fly by night relationships on this show. It takes a partner who you are on equal footing with. Not someone who is barely legal and the aging frat bro trying to tie her down. Not someone dangling US citizenship over your head. And not a family back home who pressure you into staying in a bad dynamic for “opportunities.”

It also takes some initiative. You have to have a drive to go out and develop your own life independent of your future spouse so you aren’t lonely and sitting home waiting for them to return. It also seems like it’s a damn good idea to have your own money saved up.

Fernanda is too immature for this, which is understandable at 19 years old. Jon is too immature for this, less understandable at 30+ years old. It’s that off-putting dynamic where an immature older man convinces an teen girl that she’s so mature, more so than women his own age. High school hangouts are full of these creeps.

• Love 10
50 minutes ago, RealReality10 said:

I don't know, here in California it seems like a lot of legal contracts and stuff like that.  And government regulation.  Then the fiduciary duty to clients, which to me means you have to explain all of this to them in an honest way that makes sense.  And then negotiation and sales.  

It seems hard to me.  But mileage always varies.

We are in California. And yes, realtors here have a duty for their clients.  The realtors my kid works for spend hours and $$ drumming up customers.  Probably twice as many hours drumming up business than selling.  It’s a competitive market. Those who put in the hours and effort and think out of the box but stay within legal guidelines do very well.  

• Love 1
3 minutes ago, sasha206 said:

Good point on the schooling.  Although he could also be hoping that at some point, she'll use the education to get a job and contribute to household expenses.  After all, he does have a $26K tax lien to pay.  I think he views being her sugar daddy  as some sort of sign of his success that he can flaunt to others -- like the people who live in their parent's basements but drive around in new Mercedes.  Or like Pao and her louboutins.  They want others to think they're much more successful than they truly are. 

And yes, I'm sure as a 19 year-old, you aren't going to say no to the person you believe is the love of your life paying for you.  The problem comes in now when she's upset at him and he's throwing all the monetary stuff he does for her in her face as though it excuses any thoughtlessness on his part and gives him license to do whatever.  

There are truly no free lunches.

I totally agree, there are no free lunches.  

I hope she does get a job and contributes or at least can buy her own stuff.  

My dad is very old school provider type.  He gave my mom money when she was a state at home mom, but she is so much happier and feels so much better making her own money.  The sense of accomplishment and pride is priceless.

LOL, I totally know the type that drive a Mercedes and live in their parents basement.  You hit the nail on the head.  

And yeah, I agree he is probably excited to flaunt her in front of his friends as some sort of status symbol.  He is a good looking guy so it's not going to look as pathetic as mark and Nikki, but yeah.

• Love 4
54 minutes ago, RealReality10 said:

Maybe she has.  We don't know.   Is she allowed to enroll in college (not by Jon...but the law)?   I don't think the K-1 Visa allows that; she has to have a Green Card.

1 hour ago, KateHearts said:

I can't understand this because I'm an introvert who could easily entertain myself and find things to do for days on end at home alone.  My husband travels for work weekly. So I guess I am used to it and I love to putter around my house. That said, I do have the ability to wander out or call a friend if I get bored.

It's probably "your" house and you like to make things look better/different/nice.  Fernanda has probably done all the cleaning/arranging possible.  Maybe she could learn to cook--or learn another skill.  There are videos available on her phone or a computer.  The isolation has probably depressed her.  FREE FERNANDA!  Jon's not going to change his ways.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, sasha206 said:

I think he views being her sugar daddy  as some sort of sign of his success that he can flaunt to others -- like the people who live in their parent's basements but drive around in new Mercedes.  Or like Pao and her louboutins.

The Mercedes is probably leased and Pao's Louboutins came used from Poshmark. All for show! 

• Love 5

I don’t get it. Fernanda tells Jon’s mom that he’s everything she wants in a man. Then she tells him he’s selfish, thoughtless and cruel. When he’s buying her stuff and escorting her around town, going to the gym and having everyone look at her and Jon, the glamorous beautiful couple everything is swell. He works long hours to make a decent living and he seems pretty generous. Yes it is boring to be home alone for long periods of time day after day, but that’s his lifestyle, she’s been with him long enough to know it. He’s given her a car and that offers her some freedom, he doesn’t have her locked up in a tower.

If she’s mature enough to get married, she should be mature enough to figure out how to fill the time that she is alone. It’s not forever, just til the green card is approved. She and Jon  both argue that she is indeed mature enough to leave her family and home to marry and start a new life in the US, but as soon as she’s no longer the center of attention and Jon’s universe, she flips out and becomes an hysterical mess. 

I find it so amusing that Leida and Larissa and Fernanda and many of the participants on these shows complain that they’ve been lied to, deceived, treated badly, disrespected etc by their partner and are so unhappy and homesick, yet when it’s suggested that they return home to their motherland, irs all “oh, I can’t, I love him/her!!!”  How do you love someone who makes you feel so miserable ?

• Love 10
On 12/18/2018 at 5:29 AM, Kdawg82 said:

Shallow note: This is like the season for effed up eyebrows. Coltie and his sinister look when he scrunches his in a sociopathic expression (ie: "I was heartbroken"). Then Leida with her eyebrows. Can they become any closer together when she makes her demands and justifications? Finally (I think) Ashley with her crepey forehead.  Oh jeeze! She keeps scrunching her forehead and it is bad. I may have grown too accustomed to my housewives & other trash in general. I'm all for aging with dignity. But Ashley looks seriously dehydrated. Maybe bc Natalie with all her THIRST had sucked up all the beverage? But yeah Ashley's advanced years on Jay are showing. In 5 more years she will be very unfortunate looking, methinks.

I can see her looking like the Crypt Keeper very soon if she doesn’t get enough sleep and stay out of the sun.  And not smoke.

• Love 5
2 hours ago, RealReality10 said:

I'd take an Uber before I'd broil in that rolling oven.

One needs an account.

To get an account one needs a valid credit card.

Got 'em?  Go to it!

2 hours ago, Spike said:
  On 12/17/2018 at 11:35 PM, sasha206 said:

On 12/17/2018 at 11:35 PM, RealReality10 said:

Why would you take colts non AC car on a double date??

Maybe the nerds don’t drive.

Because I might have the chance to STAR on the country's most popular television series?  *You Bet Your Life!   Oh...not that one.

(*an old Groucho Marx reference)

• Love 3
6 hours ago, doyouevengohere said:

How many more episodes are there?????

I thought it would be done two episodes ago.

At this point it’s just dragging like a has-been D-lister from the early 2000’s trying to stay relevant.

• Love 7
10 hours ago, iwasish said:

He’s given her a car and that offers her some freedom, he doesn’t have her locked up in a tower.

Didn't he already say she can't drive yet...not that she "can't," but she doesn't have a license.

10 hours ago, iwasish said:

If she’s mature enough to get married, she should be mature enough to figure out how to fill the time that she is alone. It’s not forever, just til the green card is approved. She and Jon  both argue that she is indeed mature enough to leave her family and home to marry and start a new life in the US, but as soon as she’s no longer the center of attention and Jon’s universe, she flips out and becomes an hysterical mess. 

Maybe he should he'll say won't be home until 8:00pm (or whatever time the loser makes up), giving himself some free time...some downtime...some time to have a drink with a friend.  Then, when he makes it home by 7:45 (when he left the office at 3:30), she'll be happy to see him!   Just stop giving her unrealistic espectations.

Edited by HaaCHOO
left out "say"
  • Love 3
11 hours ago, KateHearts said:

That's the key right there -- it's your home.  And you have the ability to wander out and call a friend if you get bored who presumably can take you out and relieve you of that boredom.  Fernanda and the rest of the fiances are essentially guests in a house in a foreign land for 3 months.  Some of the mates (Molly from the previous season) seem to think they are indentured servants/nannies.  Ashley was questioning Jay about his whereabouts.  I think having to be dependent on your host would be draining and isolating, even if it is a short-term thing.  Her reaction was over the top, but I think douche-bro loves the power imbalance.

Edited by sasha206
  • Love 8
On 12/18/2018 at 2:22 AM, millennium said:

I'm trying to picture myself attracted to a woman who says "Pound Town" and I can't.

She's quoting Jay.  So she's marrying someone who says "Pound Town".  And he must not be so good at it if she's over it already.

• Love 6
46 minutes ago, Kangatush said:

She's quoting Jay.  So she's marrying someone who says "Pound Town".  And he must not be so good at it if she's over it already.

She said three times a day, so my guess is he's more about quantity than quality.   Probably not much for her in all that.   

• Love 7
11 hours ago, RealReality10 said:

If he really wanted to keep her as a prisoner and wholly dependent he wouldn't have covered the cost of her education. 

Apparently I've missed all kinds of stuff. Jon paid for Fernanda's education? In what?

• Love 1
2 hours ago, sasha206 said:

Her reaction was over the top, but I think douche-bro loves the power imbalance.

A simmering pot often boils over.     I agree with "over the top," but it was burning for awhile...a long while.

• Love 2

I'm spending way too much time fretting about Steven and Olga. 

So Olga gets her visa (which I'm assuming she does, eventually) and comes to the US.  Where do she and Richie live?  With Steven's grandparents?  Can Steven earn enough as a waiter to support another adult? (he apparently does not now earn enough to support one adult).  Steven's grandparents apparently can't tolerate Steven for extended periods of time (who can blame them?)  But somehow Olga and Richie come to the US and are living somewhere, somehow.  Is Olga going to want to stay with a--forgive me--loser like Steven?  Intellectually and certainly emotionally his superior, will she want to continue living with a man who constantly berates her for loving her son?  What happens when she meets other American men who are more suitable mates for her?  What happens if, once she can work and support herself, she just wants out of her relationship (god forbid marriage) with Steven?  Does he seem like the kind of person who will let His Son go?

Stay in Russia, Olga!

• Love 5
On 12/18/2018 at 6:52 PM, sasha206 said:

His priority is Richie, indeed. 

Disagree.  His priority is his self-image as the father he lost as a child.  If Richie were his priority, it would never occur to him to remove Richie from his mother.  I'm afraid Steven's own needs come first, in every instance.

Edited to add:  Oh.  You were being sarcastic.  <headslap>

Edited by Mothra
stupidity
  • Love 9
1 hour ago, Mothra said:

So Olga gets her visa (which I'm assuming she does, eventually) and comes to the US.  Where do she and Richie live?  With Steven's grandparents?  Can Steven earn enough as a waiter to support another adult? (he apparently does not now earn enough to support one adult).  Steven's grandparents apparently can't tolerate Steven for extended periods of time (who can blame them?)  But somehow Olga and Richie come to the US and are living somewhere, somehow. 

My guess is that Beavis could apply for subsidized housing, but the waiting list for Prince George’s County, where he lives, is suuuper long. The number of people in need of housing vs. the number of available units is huge and it’s only getting worse as housing costs in our area increase.

• Love 3
20 hours ago, HaaCHOO said:

Maybe she has.  We don't know.   Is she allowed to enroll in college (not by Jon...but the law)?   I don't think the K-1 Visa allows that; she has to have a Green Card.

I think a lot of people born in other countries come to the US to go to college.  I think the prices are far higher, but I think it can be done.  My first year in college I was in class with a guy who was a citizen of Brazil and another who was a citizen of Sweden.

But I don't know if that requires a specific education visa of some sort.  I'm not sure.

19 hours ago, Morgalisa said:

Did Jon pay college tuition for Fer for 1 year in Mexico?   What tuition is he talking about?

And he owes a $26,000 tax lien? 

I have to start paying closer attention or watch it 2 times.

9 hours ago, aliya said:

Apparently I've missed all kinds of stuff. Jon paid for Fernanda's education? In what?

I think it was the first episode when he is listing off the stuff he had paid for.  Naturally "boobies" were of great importance, but he mentioned the Jeep, her rent and her tuition.

• Love 1
3 hours ago, Mothra said:

I'm spending way too much time fretting about Steven and Olga. 

So Olga gets her visa (which I'm assuming she does, eventually) and comes to the US.  Where do she and Richie live?  With Steven's grandparents?  Can Steven earn enough as a waiter to support another adult? (he apparently does not now earn enough to support one adult).  Steven's grandparents apparently can't tolerate Steven for extended periods of time (who can blame them?)  But somehow Olga and Richie come to the US and are living somewhere, somehow.  Is Olga going to want to stay with a--forgive me--loser like Steven?  Intellectually and certainly emotionally his superior, will she want to continue living with a man who constantly berates her for loving her son?  What happens when she meets other American men who are more suitable mates for her?  What happens if, once she can work and support herself, she just wants out of her relationship (god forbid marriage) with Steven?  Does he seem like the kind of person who will let His Son go?

Stay in Russia, Olga!

Not a doubt in my mind that Olga would land on her feet and figure it out.  She went from orphanage to college, has her own apartment and figured out prenatal care as a single parent.  She got a job in the US and held onto it for the summer and while I can't say for sure I imagine she has held down a job.  She seems responsible and intelligent and resourceful.

If she is lucky Steven will only be unhelpful and not an active albatross around her neck.

I could for see a situation where the grandparents allow Olga and Ritchie to stay, but ask Steven to leave.

He may make noise that sounds a lot like "my son has to be with me, so we're ALL leaving" but whatever.

As for Steven becoming unstable when she meets a man that is far better than him....yeah, that could get scary.  Hopefully he will be tired of all the actual adult responsibility and he happy to have a way out.

Edited by RealReality10
  • Love 3

You need a student visa to come here as a student. You also need to prove you can support a spouse to get a spousal visa. Just marrying a foreigner does not guarantee you can get any long term visa. I dont think Steven would even qualify to  have Olga stay here in the USA. He may need to get someone else to help sponsor her. Other 90 day fiance people have had to get other co sponsers. I think maybe Danielle asked her father?

Edited by JennyMominFL
  • Love 4