Type keyword(s) to search

Season 6 Discussion

Drogo
  • Start Topic

3 minutes ago, Drogo said:

She is also the best catch (smart, fit, beautiful, affectionate, well-spoken), and Jonathan doesn't seem to be very appreciative of that. 

She might have a bit of an anger issue, but I don't know that we would have seen it had he not been doing dumb shit like not having a bed ready for them to sleep in, leaving exes' underwear for her to find and touching blondes' hips in clubs.  If all she wants is to be taken care of by a decent looking older man, there are plenty out there who would throw in a little R-E-S-P-E-C-T at no extra charge.   

Exactly. He's complained about her immaturity, but if he's patient, she'll grow up! 

He just needs to show her that he's in with both feet. After all, she is, and she's only 19.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, Granny58 said:

last night somebody researched it and said in Brazil (?) that is where they put it.  Later she had moved it to the left.  

I'm from Germany and it used to be that in Europe Protestants usually wore the wedding ring on the left hand and Catholics wore it on the right. That has changed over the last few decades and now wedding rings are worn either way, personal choice. Seeing that Brazil is predominantly Catholic, maybe wearing the ring on the right hand is what Larissa is more familiar with and she changed it later to fit in with the American custom of wearing the ring on the left.

• Love 5
22 minutes ago, Scarlett45 said:

Because she’s home sick and misses her support system. She had close emotionally intimate relationships with her family, she was in her own culture surrounded by her language. YEAH I think she gave up things to be with Jon. Not saying in the long run it’s not worth it (it may or may not be), but I understand her. Jon didn’t have to make any changes in the way she did. 

I totally get that, however, there is always another angle to look at. Jon could easily have gotten himself an established woman in the US who is mature. Not necessarily a 30 year old, but there are plenty of 25 year old women in the US who are good looking, smart, college educated, and have jobs and cars. Seriously, I know of plenty. And this guy is considered a catch in my view. Fernanda is like his little pet that he keeps. The dynamic of a 32 year old man marrying a 19 year old is indeed wierd and Fernanda may always feel out of place hanging out with 30 somethings, just like how he would feel hanging with her teenage friends. That's why I feel that although it might be fun to get a 19 year old in his bed, he will ultimately crave more "adult" conversation, because while she is pretty worldly for 19, shes still just 19. Besides being fit, fiery, and well spoken is not then end all to consider being a catch. Its better to add in college educated, employed, not a child ... 

I'm also saying this because I have NEVER been in a relationship where the guy was like, OK, I'll go to work and you can just stay home and look pretty for me. Regardless of if it is by choice or not. I cant imagine that he wont just one day get sick of it and wish that he had dated/married someone who was a little older, more mature, could contribute to finances, and not be like his charge. Fernanda sweetly telling him how she got her makeup done using his card isn't going to sound cute forever. 

Edited by Lily247
  • Love 10
8 minutes ago, Lily247 said:

BTW, why does Fernanda keep insisting on how much she left behind to come live with Jonathan ?

All I can see is she left family behind. A family that she could skype with every day if she wants to and will be able to see again.  A family that had trouble making ends meet, with a mother that had to work all the time which meant she had to take care of her siblings. Has it ever been mentioned if she had a job in Mexico or any education? I think she was a party girl that likes to go to the clubs when she wasn't tied down babysitting. Didn't she meet Jon in a club? And convinced him to buy her new boobies? 

• Love 4

Colt/Larissa - Not many words spoken during the proposal! I think Larissa liked the ring a lot though. So sparkly! How long will the marriage last? Will Colt break free of his mother's leash on him?

Jonathan/Fernanda - bored of the jealousy with Fernanda. Can't wait to see the mom next week and how she takes to Fernanda.

Asuelo?/Kalani - I totally do not blame him for being upset with Kalani for the yelling at him, but I also understand she was scared for Oliver's safety. Was laughing at the brother handing over a condom as a present to him.

Leida/Eric - Sick of her and her family criticizing everything about Eric's living space and financial situation. Just let Leida figure out what she wants to do on her own. I wonder if they will find a new place or if Tasha will.

Olga/Steven - Happy for the birth of their son. Now, they just need to get to know each other. How will they afford a baby? Ow well.

Ashley/Jay - I feel bad a bit that Jay feels out of place where Ashley and now him live. Oh well. At least he can hang out with his new besties at the barber shop!

• Love 2
7 hours ago, gingerella said:

I have been the only white person for miles around in some African countries I've worked in, and walking around a crowded market with people staring at me because I'm a different color is not a fun experience, it's very uncomfortable to be looked at as different, or 'not from around here', as it were. It would be lovely if color didn't matter but it does, and to be black in a predominately white locale in America right now? I personally think Jay's crazy, no visa is worth that, IMO, YMMV.

You are very uncomfortable because people are staring at you in Africa?  

It is not your skin color.  It is that they are curious about your interest in their local markets. 

They are thinking, why is a foreigner (who they think is affluent) visiting our market instead of shopping at the ritzy places. This is usually the answer I get when I have asked. The second is that they want to talk with me and hoping I come over.

They are not looking at you like you are a bad person.  It is mainly curiosity.  

I mean, you are also looking at them and their stuff.  Do you stop and think.  

Hey!  I am also staring at the Africans.

Maybe you make the Africans uncomfortable! (Hahaha, joking)

You have to be aware of the vibes you are giving off as well.   Market walking is a social activity. 

After all, this is their home and you are the visitor. You are all over their stuff, taking photos, probably not talking or buying much and like you said.........looking very uncomfortable. 

Probably  because it is hot, crowded, loud, dusty. A lot goes on at these markets and it is not always skin color.  Money talks and money doesn’t discriminate. Show me the money and everyone smiles! 

You have to remember we are both staring!   Looking/staring at each other and wondering about them as a PERSON.   People watching! This is like my favorite thing to do, especially when I travel. 

We are just thinking normal stuff. Do they have a  spouse? Do they have children? Where are they from?  I wish they would come over to my kiosk, say hi.......BUY something! 

• Love 9
5 hours ago, Lily247 said:

Oh Fernanda. Dressing up in tiny shorts at the (mostly men) g gu m and making loud sex noises, then commenting on how you know you get a lot of attention. And the professionally applied makeup for just about every scene. I may not have a popular opinion, but I dont think her face is pretty, I just cant stop looking at her heavy jaw. I only say this because she seems to think an awful lot of herself. Also, Jon will one day get sick of paying for everything, and she never mentions career aspirations. She seems like she would be content to do the instagram model thing. 

Why is it that women can't be confident? I don't think Fernanda comes across as cocky at all. Confident yes, and there is nothing wrong with that! I think she is very good looking, with a rocking bod, and she knows it. Good for her! Is she supposed to play "coy" about it? Maybe she just isn't demure. This really bothers me in our culture how men can say they work hard for their strong physiques or have good jobs, and mostly no one bats an eye for the most part. For instance, Jonathon sp?, has exclaimed he just got a new house, works out etc., and no one is giving him a side eye. Wondering why it is different for Fernanda? She works hard for her body, and maybe she has to? But regardless, it shows, and she is aware of male attention. Again, good for her! 

She is getting flack for being confident and frankly, I personally do not see her over the top/cocky about it. She is just stating facts. She is attractive, she knows it. And? She SHOULD think highly of herself! This is what we should teach young girls. Reminds me of a scene in Mean Girls where each girl stares into the mirror and says what they hate about themselves and the one girl is forced to make up something even though she is perfectly happy with herself. It's ok to be confident and express it, just not if you're a woman. Poppycock! When women are assertive, they're "bitchy", but men are "confident and leaders". When men say they work out to stay in shape, they're "health conscious", but a woman is "thinking to highly of herself". This is a toxic attitude to young women, who need a strong sense of self esteem. 

And in my opinion her shorts weren't that tiny, that's standard gym attire. I've seen tweens with their butt cheeks literally hanging out of cuttoffs, and I did not see that on display with Fern. She a freaking beautiful teenager. She has faults yes, but being confident should not be one of them imho. 

• Love 24
10 hours ago, islandgal140 said:

Thank goodness Larissa didn't express a fear of spiders. Coltie likely would have lowered her into a pit of tarantulas to propose. 

Eric is dusty. I look at him and think .... oh so that is Pigpen all grown up. 

tenor.gif?itemid=4602316

Both him and Leida ain't shit. My hate for them runs deep and wide. Leida is a mean, spiteful bitch and Eric is an ain't shit man to put his new tootsie roll before his family. Oh, so Leida thinks Tasha is grown and should be on her own at 18-19 but she herself is damn near 30 yr old has been living under her parents roof, rent free (unlike Tasha) for years. She can miss me with her bullshit. It is funny how Leida can throw her cultural norms in the trash when it suits her (e.g. a daughter living with parents until marriage). 

We have seen everyone comfort, show affection or have meaningful interaction with Alessandro but Leida.

What a difference a week makes. Steven was so rootable and likeable last week but damn did it go to shit when he started acting like an asshole to a woman that had just days before been cut from stem to stern and had a lil human (his son) pulled out of her. Dick!!

Eric was never as happy and at home in his own skin as Pigpen!

I was Steven's number one fan until he whined that he'd washed his hands already! Pout, pout, stomp. If there'd been a door he would have slammed it. Dink.

Will his grandparents be able to protect Olga when and if she comes here? I want to go to Voronezh and take her and her baby home with me! I live in a college town, she could finish her degree here and get a job to support herself and her baby. Steven is not the best you can do, Olga!

2 hours ago, nr65000 said:

Asuelu will never win with this one.  He can't do one thing right in the eyes of family Kahlani and he never will.  She is a horrible, horrible, dreadful, giant of a woman who is determined to find fault at every turn.  Asuelu is a gentle soul and out of his depth.  She will wring the light and joy from his life if it's the last thing she does.

Larissa, Coltee and Deb are just dysfunction junction.  I agree that Coltee is intentionally being so mean to Larissa...going to look at cars but not buying one, taking her to the highest spot in LV to propose with his diamonique, dragging her in to talk to Deb who is asleep in her nighty after the proposal.  He is a scary, scary dude.

What I heard Jay telling the barber is that he was feeling rushed by the 90 day rule...if he had his druthers, he would come to America and live with Ashley without having to decide to marry within 90 days.  I didn't take it that he was only marrying Ashley to come to America, just that the 90 days was rushing things.  ymmv.

I concur on Asuelu. He will never win with Kalani and her horrible family. Points to them for making Family Chantel look less heinous. (OK, only a little, but they are now the SECOND worst set of inlaws on this shitshow).

14 minutes ago, CoachWristletJen said:

Kalani is a gigantic bitch, and Asuelu needs to take his son and get as far away from these people as possible. Yes, what Asuelu did was risky and wrong, but the odds are very low that the child would have been injured during the three minutes he had him out of the seat.  Kalani increased those odds by screaming and driving like a maniac.

She treats Asuelu like a child. (Of course plugging his ears didn't do much to combat that image!)

Clearly, Kalani does not view Asuelu as her equal. I'm seriously wondering if she's a racist? She treats him like she thinks he's an idiot, but he's not. And, hey, lady, you picked him!

Asuelu is just going through culture shock right now. And, he doesn't have the skill set to deal with these mean-spirited, impatient people. Kalani has been to SAMwa and observed how he lived there. She KNOWS how different things were there for him! This should make her all the more patient as he adapts to the very different culture that we have here. But Kalani is a bitch. She's a bitch's bitch.

English is not his first language so I don't think he's "slow" at all. Its exhausting to always have to be speaking a second language. Has he been able to speak his native language at all since he's arrived?

Kalani does not have a kind or empathetic bone in her body. What an awful person she is.

• Love 16
12 hours ago, ezzy4 said:

Clearly Thai girl is here for more than love and a low rent lifestyle.  Perhaps an American doctor's degree is really important to her/ her family.  I don't buy that Thai family is rich as in American rich.  

She's Indonesian, not Thai. 

• Love 4
8 hours ago, millennium said:

I had a problem with Jay's racist attitude towards white people, especially his assumption that white people always think black people are "bad."

I didn't see a single instance of a person eyeing him suspiciously or looking disdainfully at him in the supermarket.   From what I could tell, nobody cared.   I didn't get the sense Ashley saw it either.   She seemed to simply take his word for it that all the white folk were giving him the side-eye.  

Then Jay's complaining about "white people" to the guys in the barbershop.

Get your head out of youtube, Jay.   

It amuses me that they always think that people are staring at them for _________ (fill in blank) reason, when most people are probably staring at them because they have a film crew following them around. 

12 hours ago, JasonH said:

43DD0D1C-9725-4C35-96C6-8508058F904D.jpeg

Jason H, you outdid yourself on this one. LOL. Even better than my favorite, the Louboutin. 

• Love 5
37 minutes ago, CoachWristletJen said:

Kalani is a gigantic bitch, and Asuelu needs to take his son and get as far away from these people as possible. Yes, what Asuelu did was risky and wrong, but the odds are very low that the child would have been injured during the three minutes he had him out of the seat.  Kalani increased those odds by screaming and driving like a maniac.

She treats Asuelu like a child. (Of course plugging his ears didn't do much to combat that image!)

Clearly, Kalani does not view Asuelu as her equal. I'm seriously wondering if she's a racist? She treats him like she thinks he's an idiot, but he's not. And, hey, lady, you picked him!

Asuelu is just going through culture shock right now. And, he doesn't have the skill set to deal with these mean-spirited, impatient people. Kalani has been to SAMwa and observed how he lived there. She KNOWS how different things were there for him! This should make her all the more patient as he adapts to the very different culture that we have here. But Kalani is a bitch. She's a bitch's bitch.

I am glad you posted this so I don’t have to cuss on this board! 🤬  I am happy Asuelu got to tell us his feelings about the baby car seat incident on his talking head.  He totally blasted Kalani. I couldn’t stop laughing. 

I bet Kalani choked on her puffy Cheetos when they aired that last night!  Hahahahaha! 

So, I guess No pineapple for Oliver.....????  Kalani is out of line! She is gonna raised him on junk food.  She already has Asuelu eating chips. 

FEC7AC9C-B55C-494D-8D3C-E295E3608E18.jpeg

• Love 5

How does that worthless piece of crap Steven plan on supporting Olga and a baby? I really want to know what his plan is. At least Olga has her own apartment. This could get really ugly if they should split. I have a feeling Steven is not going to want to let go of the baby but will have no problem kicking Olga to the curb. This poor girl has nobody. I feel so sorry for her.

• Love 11
5 hours ago, KateHearts said:

She talks to Asuelu like he's an imbecile "buckle your seat belt. Are you buckled? Do you need help? " - but seems to think that by calling him "baby" every sentence that it makes it okay. 

She calls both Oliver and Asuelu "baby," like in "Pass me the baby, baby" and in one of the scenes when she was yelling at him to put on his seat belt, she wasn't wearing hers! 

• Love 11

Can someone explain what was the point of Family Leida coming to America??

I mean....Eric scored all the checks on the....Worst Possible Situation.......column.  

And, they are still leaving Leida and Aless in America!  

That has to be one of the strangest family dynamic on 90 Day.  

It only serves to bring hope to other  Lonely Americans!  Hit up Indonesian Cupid.  The standards are super low!  Get yourself a wealthy MD Beauty Queen!  Adorable son, a plus! Daddy pays expenses during 90 day trial!

6 minutes ago, bichonblitz said:

How does that worthless piece of crap Steven plan on supporting Olga and a baby? I really want to know what his plan is. At least Olga has her own apartment. This could get really ugly if they should split. I have a feeling Steven is not going to want to let go of the baby but will have no problem kicking Olga to the curb. This poor girl has nobody. I feel so sorry for her.

Steven was begging on Go Fund Me.....to bring his Russian Family to America.  

Supposedly, Rachel (is that her name?) and Baby Lucy did the same.  Raised 30Ks according to what I saw online.

• Love 8

Eyebags Eric wasted no time throwing his teenage daughter under the bus for the disgusting mess of a hovel they call home- knowing DARN well that is their normal way of living! We all know that is what that place looks like on any given day ending in "y". My apartment in college working a minimum wage job was nicer than that trash heap. He said "I'll handle it", when confronted by his in laws concerning the unacceptable living conditions- he basically meant "That is how we normally live and Tasha didn't know to put on an act, so I'll brush it under the rug". Is there a reason he couldn't clean it immediately upon entering and fake acting shocked at the mess? Who cares if Tasha DID make the mess? Get to cleaning for your new bride! I would've picked up a broom and went to town the second I walked in the door. 

And maternity blouse wearing Leida, has shifted all blame solely on her new stepdaughter and her immaturity is showing. Telling her parents "Eric is working on it". Working on what exactly? He is 40 years old! He should have "worked on" procuring a decent place to live before literally advertising for a mail order bride! 

Can not stand either of these sad sacks. She just wants to live in the States, doubt she is escaping anything back home, just wants the green in hand. She is a rude person and I see no affection from her or Eric or from her towards her son. 

• Love 20

There's an old wives tale that all newborns look like their father so Dad will calm the hell down and feel more at ease.  When our first was born I thought I was in summer camp, everything I heard was encouraging "OMG I wish I was that good at swaddling" "Great job!" "Wow, show me how you did that again" because my wife is a behavioral intervention mastermind.   I don't even care that I was completely manipulated. 

Stephen's allegedly "violent outbursts" at Olga and her nitpicking everything he does with baby are basically an argument that most every pair of new parents has.  Dad already feels like Mom's got him beat, so every criticism she gives feels like a major slight.  Also, Stephen's been told what to do by people he can't converse with for a few days, so he's feeling some kind of way to begin with.  Not ready to write him off as an abusive dick just yet. 

• Love 10
1 hour ago, CoachWristletJen said:

"There's no spikes coming out of the walls." Glad you've got standards, Eric!

Just a pile of swords in the corner! 

Edited to add: I think Eric is going to miss Tasha's contribution to the rent on the hovel. I think she'll land on her feet because she has a mother and at least two grandparents who can take her in even if it's temporary. 

Edited by magemaud
  • Love 10
1 hour ago, Lily247 said:

BTW, why does Fernanda keep insisting on how much she left behind to come live with Jonathan ? She is seriously getting the best deal. A good looking older guy to take care of her completely financially, a nice house, a car, .... she doesn't seem appreciative of that at all. 

It's not always about the money or material possessions. She is one of the few that I don't think was looking for a green card. Yes, I do think she likes the idea of living in the States, but it doesn't sound like she was on matching making websites looking for a portal to the States. I don't remember if we saw much about her home life in Mexico. 

• Love 13
1 hour ago, Pepper Mostly said:

Has he been able to speak his native language at all since he's arrived?

He did say a few words in his language (SamWAN?) when he met his future father-in-law. If someone was speaking to me in another language, I would also be slow in responding because I'd have to be mentally translating everything into English, then formulating a response back in a different language. 

• Love 15
2 hours ago, configdotsys said:

What to say about Colt and Larissa. I am just not buying their story. He skeeves me out. What I want to know is where that car dealer is because a 2017 vehicle that looked pretty nice was only $9k? It looked like a Fiat SUV. Those are not expensive cards but $9k?

I think the red car was a Kia Soul. Looks like a toaster. But for a 2017, 9k is a great deal. Hell, 23K for that loaded 2017 SUV was a great deal. Why so cheap? The only thing I could think of is that they were formerly rental cars, which tend to get beat up. Otherwise, who wouldn't jump at a 9k car that is only one year old. Colt, that's who.  

I want to congratulate Kahlani, because she managed to find someone more childlike and dependent that herself. WTF is up with that family of slacker adults who live off mom and dad? And I was a little confused because she said the house in Utah was their vacation home, them she was acting like she has never been there before. 

Olga needs to stay in Russia with the baby. Steven is a scary dude. 

Ashley, the reason people are staring is because you have a camera crew following you, not because Jay is black. DUH!

Eric and Leida - I really want the true backstory about her, because nothing makes any sense. Him too. 

Edited by poeticlicensed
  • Love 11
2 hours ago, AZChristian said:

We've eaten dinner at the top of the Stratosphere a couple of times . . . yeah, we're tourists. 

I don't think they ate there, Colt just had an old fashioned fart and Larissa had a glass of WATER! On the way to their "surprise" destination, Colt asked her if she was hungry. I suspect they left the Stratosphere and went somewhere to an all you can eat buffet. And that had to be the lamest proposal ever on 90 Days and in BROAD DAYLIGHT instead of overlooking the romantic city lights. Is there an afternoon Happy Hour when the view is cheaper? 

• Love 8
12 hours ago, JennyMominFL said:

Can You imagine Eric fighting Isis. He would just stare off into space while they did  things. Maybe he wanted to fight  Isis the superhero? How the heck did this man serve.

I'm thinking maybe he hasn't always been like this.  Between what seems like an early (possibly medical) retirement from the military and looking MUCH older than his stated 40, I think something has gone terribly wrong with him.

51 minutes ago, Cammi said:

She is getting flack for being confident and frankly, I personally do not see her over the top/cocky about it. She is just stating facts. She is attractive, she knows it. And? She SHOULD think highly of herself! This is what we should teach young girls.

I wish we'd teach them that they should think highly of themselves as they naturally look.  Or, actually, that they can think highly of themselves even if they're not naturally stunning looking.  You know, like men do.

I don't see any of that kind of confidence with Fernanda.

19 minutes ago, Ijustwantsomechips said:

I got what Jay was saying at the market.  Kudos to anyone who doesn’t treat “different” people that way, but let’s not be naive about the world we live in. 

I just saw a documentary about a guy who's walking every street in all five boroughs of New York City, and there was a cameo appearance by another guy who's doing the same thing.  The main guy is white, and the guy in the cameo is black (Jamaican, as it turns out), and there was a little bit of discussion about how they have to approach the task differently.  The black guy carries a book and never wears a hoodie. 

And they said people approached the main guy a lot more when the camera (just one, with no sound person) was following him than when he's walking alone, even though he has this natural demeanor that makes him supremely approachable even without a camera around.

• Love 7
53 minutes ago, Dance4Life said:

Steven was begging on Go Fund Me.....to bring his Russian Family to America.  

Supposedly, Rachel (is that her name?) and Baby Lucy did the same.  Raised 30Ks according to what I saw online.

If anyone is watching no one is going to give Steven a dime.

• Love 8
1 minute ago, Pepper Mostly said:

If anyone is watching no one is going to give Steven a dime.

Right!  The GFM was taken offline and don’t know how much money (if any) he raised.

Right now, Steven has every mommy who had a C-section wanting to kick him in his nut sack. 

• Love 19
9 hours ago, endure said:

No I can’t imagine Eric fighting Isis, it is so strange how he stares off into space.  He appears to be lazy and unmotivated, and probably is looking at his living space.  It amazes me how he made no preparations for Leida and her sons arrival. I wonder what he does for work?

With Eric fighting Isis, we would all be living under Sharia Law and speaking Arabic.

9 hours ago, TrininisaScorp said:

I got secondhand embarrassment from watching Leida take her family through that shithole of an apartment.  I love the **lewks** that her parents were giving each other and the apartment, and that they tried a little to not comment (I'm sure production kept pushing too).  

Her parents were basically like:

QO9uUK.gif

5 hours ago, Lily247 said:

Oh Fernanda. Dressing up in tiny shorts at the (mostly men) g gu m and making loud sex noises, then commenting on how you know you get a lot of attention. And the professionally applied makeup for just about every scene. I may not have a popular opinion, but I dont think her face is pretty, I just cant stop looking at her heavy jaw. I only say this because she seems to think an awful lot of herself. Also, Jon will one day get sick of paying for everything, and she never mentions career aspirations. She seems like she would be content to do the instagram model thing. 

I do think she is strikingly pretty. I admire her makeup skills but I think she was shown once or twice with minimal makeup and she still looked pretty. I see what you mean about the heavy jaw though. I think she might be one of those types that doesn't age well. She might get more bulldoggy and square shaped as she ages, has kids, whatever, but perhaps that can be avoided with maintaining a healthy lifestyle.

I don't dislike Fernanda or Jon but I really find their segments the least interesting. Can't seem to find a fuck to give with a 30+ yr old man complaining that his 18 yr old fiancee is immature. Bitch please. 

• Love 15
13 minutes ago, magemaud said:

I don't think they ate there, Colt just had an old fashioned fart and Larissa had a glass of WATER! On the way to their "surprise" destination, Colt asked her if she was hungry. I suspect they left the Stratosphere and went somewhere to an all you can eat buffet. And that had to be the lamest proposal ever on 90 Days and in BROAD DAYLIGHT instead of overlooking the romantic city lights. Is there an afternoon Happy Hour when the view is cheaper? 

Next scene he takes her to go eat.

That is the scene where Coltee tells the girl he likes her glasses and Larissa supposedly gets jealous....emmm, another argument!

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Pepper Mostly said:

I concur on Asuelu. He will never win with Kalani and her horrible family. Points to them for making Family Chantel look less heinous. (OK, only a little, but they are now the SECOND worst set of inlaws on this shitshow).

English is not his first language so I don't think he's "slow" at all. Its exhausting to always have to be speaking a second language. Has he been able to speak his native language at all since he's arrived?

Kalani does not have a kind or empathetic bone in her body. What an awful person she is.

I would be interested if anyone on this board knows more about the Samoan language? Perhaps it has qualities (such as fewer articles or prepositions) that make speaking English more difficult?

Kalani's dad certainly could have made him feel at home by speaking to him in Samoan but that would have required him to not be an semi-violent a$$hole for five minutes. Out of the question.

If Kalani were smart, she would learn to adapt some of his chill. Instead she's just a snotty bitch.

It's irritating to continue to listen to her talk down to everyone, especially Asuelu. 

Instead of a happy life near a beautiful beach, he'll be lugging boxes in a cold, grim warehouse somewhere. Then he'll come home to hear her talk down to him and bitch about whatever has made her unhappy that day.

That will be the price of seeing his son.

She's ruined his life!

Edited by CoachWristletJen
  • Love 16
3 hours ago, Dance4Life said:

Why doesn’t Ashley take him to the more diverse areas?  Oh, let’s see! 

Ashley doesn’t want any competition from the black/diverse girls. Jay found the Barbershop, so black people live near them.

For how long Jay puts up with this situation and realizes he doesn’t have to be stuck in a relationship full of drama where people make him feel different.

Caribbean culture is vibrant, beautiful, diverse and life is too short to let it die in White Shore!

Exactly.  She could have taken him to the Broad Street Market in downtown Harrisburg where they have an actual Jamaican restaurant.  And it's delicious.  A woman who works there has an accent so thick I can't understand her, but I tell her I want "something delicious" and she makes a plate full of things I have probably never had and I love it.  Jay would have at least a bit of "home" there. 

And the barbershop is on the East Shore, so it was about a 30 min drive for him.  

(For reality TV junkies, the barbershop is just down the road from the funeral home run by Graham Hetrick of ID Channel's "The Coroner".  #funfact)

• Love 11

The saddest scene was Smother Coltee.

When Colt told his mom he would be adding Larissa to the bank account.

Smother whined.....’do I have to get off the bank account?’

YES!  Debbie.  You gotta get off the account.  Baby Boy is GROWN!  

Then she was like.  Make sure you tell Larissa we are on a tight budget.

More reason to get off the account!  Why would you want Larissa spending YOUR money? Omg!

99E5A1BA-53DF-41F2-939A-2D2F8561BB29.jpeg

Edited by Dance4Life
  • Love 16
13 minutes ago, Dance4Life said:

Next scene he takes her to go eat.

That is the scene where Coltee tells the girl he likes her glasses and Larissa supposedly gets jealous....emmm, another argument!

That's what I thought, too-that they'd gone to eat at the DW Bistro (where he flirts with the hostess in the preview) right after the proposal, but then I realized they were wearing different clothes. Whatever they did, though, they stayed out until after Debbie had gone to bed (which might have been 7:00 PM in her case.)

Also curious, did anyone think that it looked like they went into Debbie's room through a closet? 

Edited by magemaud
  • Love 4
3 hours ago, Neurochick said:

True, but all you have to do is read the news.  I mean how many white cops have murdered unarmed black people?  How many white people have called the police because black people were...I don’t know, just living life?  And that’s just this year.

Maybe Jay has a point

If he has such a negative attitude, I don’t see why he is so anxious to come here. At 20 years old  I would not move from my nice safe neighborhood where I was having all the sex and fun I wanted without being hassled by police to move to a place where the police are killing people like me for no reason at all. He isn’t in love with Ashley, he’s just using her as a means to an end, if it wasn’t her it would be someone else . 

His mom lives in the US, what has she told him about living here? Has he even mentioned visiting his mom yet? 

6 minutes ago, ALittleShelfish said:

Exactly.  She could have taken him to the Broad Street Market in downtown Harrisburg where they have an actual Jamaican restaurant.  And it's delicious.  A woman who works there has an accent so thick I can't understand her, but I tell her I want "something delicious" and she makes a plate full of things I have probably never had and I love it.  Jay would have at least a bit of "home" there. 

And the barbershop is on the East Shore, so it was about a 30 min drive for him.  

(For reality TV junkies, the barbershop is just down the road from the funeral home run by Graham Hetrick of ID Channel's "The Coroner".  #funfact)

Ahhh, I love it when we get real scoop!  Jamaican food is delicious. It is Ashley that never leaves White Shore.  She went to Jamaica and got a little loose on the Rum Punch. Ashley  didn’t realize what she has been missing out on all those years. 

• Love 8
6 minutes ago, magemaud said:

That's what I thought, too-that they'd gone to eat at the DW Bistro (where he flirts with the hostess in the preview) right after the proposal, but then I realized they were wearing different clothes. Whatever they did, though, they stayed out until after Debbie had gone to bed (which might have been 7:00 PM in her case.)

Also curious, did anyone think that it looked like they went into Debbie's room through a closet? 

I see.  You are right.  They did go home.  I forgot about showing Debbie the ring.  I guess they edited away the dinner.

It was probably Larissa complaining the entire time and TLC spared us.  Lol 

That whole flirting scene looks set-up just like Fernandas.

I wish we didn’t have Fernanda and Jonathan. Don’t need them!   Then the show would go at a more interesting faster pace. 

• Love 1
13 minutes ago, ALittleShelfish said:

Totally agree Ashley wants to limit his diversity time. She will hit the roof when she hears him say that if he could have come to live with her without being married that would have been his choice. Loved the barbershop guys, especially at the end when after learning he could divorce after two years, the guy was like, okay, then marry her; two years is totally doable.

I don't like Kalani or whatever her name is, but that Asuelo is too childlike for me. Taking the child out of the car seat was not a good idea at all. Saying condoms are for the slut people is stupid. He can't afford to care for the child he has now. Seeing him in the previews putting Oliver on his shoulders was mind-boggling. He's not a little monkey and is just about able to hold up his head. They are absolutely not well paired.

Steven annoyed the piss out of me, too. He was way too controlling and rough with Olga. And the way that he kept touching the baby like he's a cat got on my nerves. I hope the child's name is Richard and Ritchie is a nickname.

• Love 10
1 hour ago, Empress1 said:

Happened to me last week. I've only ever lived in major urban centers with diverse populations, but cities are segregated too. I had a meeting with someone at her club (her idea, I wouldn't have picked it because I anticipated the reaction I got). I walked in and whoosh! Heads turned and things got quiet. I looked around and thought "Yep, I'm the only one" (and the ratio of men to women was about 70:30 too, so I had a double whammy as a Black woman). The meeting went fine but it was a relief to leave.

It would be naive of Jay not to expect some friction, honestly. If he doesn't get any, great! But as a person of color in a majority white country (a country in which racism is baked into the fabric), you really can't expect to never encounter racism, whether it's micro-aggressions or overt. I liked that Ashley said that in this country, interracial relationships aren't always socially acceptable. It doesn't do anyone, least of all Jay, any good to act like race relations in this country are idyllic. I wonder about Leida and her son too, given what just emerged in a viral story about Eric's hometown.

I am going to need some receipts on Eric being 40, because dude looks at least 55 to me.

On Saturday I went to brunch with friends.  There were eight of us, all black women, and people looked at us like we had three heads.  I mean WTF?  And this was in NYC.

Dear Kalini, maybe your son was crying because of your crappy driving.  Also Kalini, most people in the USA weren’t raised with car seats so chill the fuck out heifer.

I don’t think Kalini should have brought Asuelu to the USA.  She should have just been a single mother.

• Love 19
15 minutes ago, iwasish said:

If he has such a negative attitude, I don’t see why he is so anxious to come here. At 20 years old  I would not move from my nice safe neighborhood where I was having all the sex and fun I wanted without being hassled by police to move to a place where the police are killing people like me for no reason at all. He isn’t in love with Ashley, he’s just using her as a means to an end, if it wasn’t her it would be someone else . 

His mom lives in the US, what has she told him about living here? Has he even mentioned visiting his mom yet? 

Life is pretty rough in Jamaca. The economy is terrible.  He may have weighed racism vs quality of life and the second one won.

• Love 11

I am not really sure why people think areas that are more diverse are less racist. Its not really true. Some of the most diverese areas are also areas with the most institutionalized racism. Look at Georgia in the last election.  Voter suppresion is  institutionalized racism. 

Now to be fair, Jay has never been to the USA and he has read some(true) horror stories. Add to that he is coming forom a majority Black country and he is going to  have a difficult adjustment.

I dont think Eric has any sort of medical or emotional issies due  to his time in service, at least not any diagnosed ones. If he did, he would be in better shape financially.

Edited by JennyMominFL
  • Love 19