Type keyword(s) to search

S05.E02: Whose Blood Is That?

Annalise preps to defend her first class action plaintiff and adjusts to the politics of the new job; Frank is suspicious of Gabriel and does some investigating of his own; Asher complicates Bonnie's new life away from Annalise.

Airdate: Thursday, October 4, 2018

I really enjoyed this episode, start to finish, much better than last week's. And the last scene, with the 3 women and a baby in the bathroom --- even with the #MurderNightFilter, they were all so gorgeous looking - Michaela's dress was amazing! 

I half-expected the show to have Tegan and Annalisse rival over the unspoken OnlyOneBlackGirl in the office rule, so this more story-related reason was better.

Definitely think that they want us to think that Mama Castillo is swimming with the fishes. (Which definitely means that she's not).

I don't know what the show thinks it's doing with Frank and Laurel but I hope whatever it is stops soon.

I know it's too much to ask but I wish someone, anyone would have reminded Oliver that it was his fault that Simon got involved in the first place, and that he was ok with using Simon's dreamer status to frame him for a crime he didn't commit. 

• Love 16
11 minutes ago, ursula said:

And the last scene, with the 3 women and a baby in the bathroom --- even with the #MurderNightFilter, they were all so gorgeous looking - Michaela's dress was amazing! 

My thoughts exactly. These people may be murderers/accomplices to murder, but damn, do they look stylish doing it :D!

I don't know what the show thinks it's doing with Frank and Laurel but I hope whatever it is stops soon.

I know it's too much to ask but I wish someone, anyone would have reminded Oliver that it was his fault that Simon got involved in the first place, and that he was ok with using Simon's dreamer status to frame him for a crime he didn't commit. 

Also agreed on this. 

I liked the case this week, and seeing Michaela try her hand in the courtroom, tough though it was at times. 

I'm also wondering if and when Gabriel will wind up living with the Keating gang at some point, and if Asher and Bonnie will work together again despite her initial protests. If not on a professional level, maybe he winds up involved with whatever she's doing the night of that murder. 

• Love 2
18 minutes ago, ursula said:

He's always whining about something, especially Oliver.

• Love 3

It was great to see Michaela get the front spot on the case this week. It was nice to see her take charge and work hard at the case. It was good to see her get involved in the courtroom, as it seems to happen very rarely.

30 minutes ago, ursula said:

Right? I mean, dude, you are just as complicit in Simon as Michaela is. The only person in your group who is completely innocent in all of this is Connor. Speaking of Connor, he's trying to maintain the peace with his fiance and his best friend, and it's just awkward. Connor, I like you a lot, but asking Oliver to ask Michaela to be their best woman isn't going to cure the tension between them! Nice sentiment, but it's just going to make for an awkward wedding. 

Asher is...well, he's trying, I guess? I don't really care about him without the group, I guess. 

Gabriel is still....mysterious, but I'm not sure how long they're going to drag out more mysteries with little answers. Hopefully not long because my patience may wear thin on this new guy. Just tell us if he's Bonnie's kid or not! 

Also, the picture that the woman showed Nate with the missing kid....I'm guessing we'll know who the mystery person (I think a woman?) is who took the baby who is likely Gabriel. They're doing some really weird transitional cuts; with the picture, it cut right to Bonnie, as if we were supposed to assume that she took the kid 20+ years ago. 

Ha! The biggest twist for the mystery flashforward seems to be that Laurel isn't involved! Hallelujah! I do enjoy the fact that Bonnie and Michaela seem to have some big secret, and something about Nate. 

• Love 6

I enjoyed it.. I hope going fwd tegan is if not on the team.. Not constantly up complaining about Anna and the kids... I know it won't happen for episodes from now but I wish the bonnie baby stuff got hashed out and we just got to the murder mystery 

• Love 2

At this point I don't think it's any of the main characters who was killed. There is no way that Bonnie could show her face at that reception if she had killed one of the Keating kids. It's either going to be her "boyfriend" or Annalise's new boss. Speaking of Annalise's new boss I don't like him & I don't trust him. He always seems to be one step ahead of Annalise & that makes me nervous. I also think Frank's moment with Annalise at the wedding has nothing to do with Bonnie's thing. I have a feeling it's Bonnie in the picture because Nate seemed to know who it was in that photo. I could see Bonnie finding out her child WAS alive & stealing him. Then taking him somewhere safe & lying about it so nobody would find out. 

• Love 6
19 hours ago, Dancingjaneway said:

I have a feeling it's Bonnie in the picture because Nate seemed to know who it was in that photo. I could see Bonnie finding out her child WAS alive & stealing him. Then taking him somewhere safe & lying about it so nobody would find out. 

While I'm not ruling it out, I would definitely need to suspend my disbelief a lot to believe that 14/15 year old Bonnie was able to not only sneak away from her evil father so soon after giving birth, but knew where to find her baby and was able to kidnap it and do... something with it that he or all his city hall friends weren't able to find out about. Not impossible, but it's a bit hard to believe for me. But Bonnie is Bonnie, so you never know.

My current speculation for the death is definitely her little boyfriend, whose name I don't recall. He probably accompanied her to the wedding as a date, which would explain why he's there. I have no idea why Christopher would be involved, but my only guess at the moment for motive would be that he sees something he wasn't supposed to. I feel like it has to involve Gabriel in some way, either he does something to the DA or he does something to someone else and the DA sees, and Bonnie kills the DA to protect him or something. All I know is that I feel like whatever happened to the person that died, I don't think Bonnie is the one that originally wounded them, she just finished the job. I can picture Gabriel doing something, running into Bonnie as he runs away, that's how she gets blood on her originally, while trying to calm him down and find out what happened; he tells her where the DA is, she goes to find him and finishes the job and takes care of the body? Again, no idea how Christopher fits into that theory, though.

I definitely think Gabriel is Bonnie's kid, no matter how obvious. There's enough other mysterious things surrounding him to sustain the story for longer, if we find out the truth soon. Judging by Frank's words, that he's looking out to make sure he's not "here to hurt her", it's definitely someone there, so I really can't see it being anyone but Bonnie or Annalise, and I just don't think Annalise makes any sense, no matter how you stretch it. But I have no guesses on who he'd be talking to about it, unless he knows Bonnie's sister or something?

I'm enjoying the Bonnie/Nate friendship now that I'm not worried about them hooking up, and the Bonnie/Annalise dynamic continues to be the most intriguing on the show to me. They're so messed up and complicated, but so fascinating to me.

Loved getting to see one of the K4 actually taking the floor in a case, and I'm glad Michaela held her own, even if she needed to be saved. Also glad Oliver got over himself. What Michaela did was awful, but he was just being an asshole by making her live with them just to torture her and be snide. Like it's been said, he played a role in what happened to Simon, too. I wish this show would drop Laurel/Frank, but I know they never will. Would not mind one bit if they just wrote Asher off the show, he adds nothing for me.

Edited by colorbars
  • Love 4

It just makes the team look stupid if they (1) didn't know their client had been previously married, and (2) they thought that her havin gbeen previously married meant she was straight. C'mon! Read the file, do some research, ask some questions! And it's not like they can safely assume her marriage to the man was a love match, or that the client couldn't be bi. Anna herself is bi, for godsake. Of all people, it's just not credible that she wouldn't think of that right away. It's ENTIRELY credible that the client was either closeted, or married a man because that was her only option at first. And green card marriages involve a fair amount of vetting. It's not like you can just get married and automatically get your papers.

I can't remember what the deal is with Tegan fearing Laurel.

• Love 12
12 minutes ago, possibilities said:

Tegan is the one that turned on Laurel's father and helped take him down, despite him being a client of the law firm. So if the other partners found out, she'd be in big trouble. But Laurel blamed it on her mother, instead.

• Love 6

Oh yeah, those outfits looked amazing during the murder wedding! I dont think its any of the K5 who were the bloody viewpoint person, Bonnie would be freaking out WAY more if it was. So now I can enjoy speculating more on what hapless sucker got dragged into the murder mess this year.

Tegan and Annalise working together is cool, and I like her at the new legal house, and the work dynamic is quite interesting. Its fun to see her working with other lawyers outside of her team more often.

I am so sick of Oliver going on and on about how awful everyone else is when he was in it just as much as the rest of them, until he actually saw some consequences to his walk on the wild side, and decided to downplay his own role in what happened and blame everyone else. Yeah, what Michaela did was awful, but Oliver was there too, and he played a part in outing him as undocumented. So now Connor is stuck playing referee between his fiance and his best friend, and while he is certainly asking Michaela to be in their wedding to get them back on good terms, I feel like its going to be rough. It is sweet seeing them all planning the wedding together, and taking care of the baby.

Interesting case of the week, and it was great seeing Michaela doing her thing so well in court. Although, the ending where they get the son to admit what a racist murderer he is, it rem indeed me just a teeny bit of the climax of Legally Blond, with the kid of the murder victim letting out an angry screaming confession on the witness stand to killing their parent because of them being pissed about their new step mom. "I THOUGHT IT WAS YOU WALKING THROUGH THE DOOOOOOR!"

Nate and Bonnie in Anna Recovery together is fun.

• Love 8

I'm just waiting for the scene when laurel finds out Gabriel is living in Wes' apartment.. Also still waiting for Grandma or Daddy Mahoney to show up to see laurel and baby Christopher.. I can't imagine that they would just leave that hanging out there

• Love 2

Good episode, liked the case of the week, saw the irony in having Michaela be the one to actually take the lead in it, given what she did to Simon. Did this episode draw a line under the sand with her and Oliver? I hope so but maybe not. At least Connor tried though.

Last week I was convinced that Laurel didn't harm her mother, now I'm not so sure. Not surprised she found a way to worm into Caplan & Gold though. I do like Annalise and Tegan working together. Emmett is clearly a threat in waiting too.

If Gabe is Bonnie's son and I'd be shocked if he wasn't, then just tell us already so Frank and Nate can get other storylines this season. Was Bonnie going to steal Christopher in the flash forwards before Michaela and Laurel interrupted her?

Roland is an okay character but I really think he's the dead body. Asher getting into the DA's office has potential, story wise for him, 7/10

• Love 5
5 hours ago, possibilities said:

It just makes the team look stupid if they (1) didn't know their client had been previously married, and (2) they thought that her havin gbeen previously married meant she was straight. C'mon! Read the file, do some research, ask some questions! And it's not like they can safely assume her marriage to the man was a love match, or that the client couldn't be bi. Anna herself is bi, for godsake. Of all people, it's just not credible that she wouldn't think of that right away. It's ENTIRELY credible that the client was either closeted, or married a man because that was her only option at first. And green card marriages involve a fair amount of vetting. It's not like you can just get married and automatically get your papers.

I have a family friend who was married for 20+ years and has three kids. He and his wife split when he came out. When the "big revelation" came that the client had been married to a man before, I was like " ... So?" And as you say, Annalise's sexuality has been fluid too. She left her girlfriend for her late husband.

I don't think the blood belongs to anyone in the Keating 5. I kind of hope it's Bonnie's boyfriend because there's no there there for me with him yet.

3 minutes ago, darkestboy said:

If Gabe is Bonnie's son and I'd be shocked if he wasn't, then just tell us already so Frank and Nate can get other storylines this season. Was Bonnie going to steal Christopher in the flash forwards before Michaela and Laurel interrupted her?

I was initially worried that Bonnie was kidnapping Christopher. I'm glad she wasn't, or at least that she was stopped.

Shallow: I find Bonnie's boyfriend really unattractive. I love Teagan's style. I also loved Annalise's top/jacket in the final court scene.

• Love 3

Meh, I'm starting to get a Wesley Crusher vibe off this Gabriel kid. He's too perfect in everything he says and does.

Between Nate and Bonnie the interim DA doesn't stand a chance. He's getting double-teamed. Love how Bonnie is trying to convince herself that she actually cares for the guy. This thing has honeypot written all over it to me. She wants his job.

• Love 3

Good episode. Agree that all of the wedding guests we've seen so far look fabulous.

Laurel getting Tegan to help with her child care was classic. These folks have learned well from Annalise.

The Frank/Laurel thing is so tired now. Let it go, writers. Let. It. Go.

Frank surveilling people? Must be a day ending in "y."

I have a feeling Annalise will turn out to be right about DA Miller playing Bonnie. Because this show just can't ever let Bonnie be happy.

If I never again hear the sentence "just like a millennial" it will be too soon.

• Love 7
7 hours ago, UNOSEZ said:

I'm just waiting for the scene when laurel finds out Gabriel is living in Wes' apartment..

I actually think he's living in Rebecca's apartment, isn't he? I'm pretty sure Asher is currently in Wes' old apartment.

6 hours ago, darkestboy said:

I don't think so? The beginning kinda makes you think she might be, but I think she was just taking him out of the snow (however way he got there) and was cleaning him up so nobody would notice that anything abnormal happened. The fact that she took him back to the building they were having the wedding tells me she was planning to bring him back. It seems like she was going to try to go back to the wedding to try to act like nothing happened, but then Michaela saw the blood on her leg and ruined her plan.

• Love 6

I'm interested in learning exactly just what the Hurricane Francis is, and if it's really so amazing that it can be used as a bribe.  Inquiring minds would like to know!

Edited by luckyroll3
  • Love 4

At one point, Annalise called Bonnie to ask for a computer password.   Bonnie replies that it’s the usual XYZ, while she and the DA are fumbling with their clothes.  Annalise hears the commotion and asks if something is going on.  Bonnie says no, and they finish the call.  Am I being paranoid, or did Mr. district attorney probably make a mental note of that password?  Bet it will come up again later.

• Love 20
On 10/5/2018 at 12:18 AM, tennisgurl said:

I am so sick of Oliver going on and on about how awful everyone else is when he was in it just as much as the rest of them, until he actually saw some consequences to his walk on the wild side, and decided to downplay his own role in what happened and blame everyone else. Yeah, what Michaela did was awful, but Oliver was there too, and he played a part in outing him as undocumented. So now Connor is stuck playing referee between his fiance and his best friend, and while he is certainly asking Michaela to be in their wedding to get them back on good terms, I feel like its going to be rough. 

Seriously. I know Olivier was counting on the whistle blower protection, but there’s about 100 ways that could have gone on that all end up with that kid getting deported. I think Olivier is actually projecting his anger on Michaela as a convenient target. Sort of what Laurel did to Conner last season.

i have a really out there theory that it’s Laurel’s mom Bonnie kills at the reception. She comes back and tries to take the baby and Bonnie stops her.

Edited by FozzyBear
  • Love 6
10 hours ago, FozzyBear said:

I think Olivier is actually projecting his anger on Michaela as a convenient target.

You know, I would really love this if it were true but somehow, I don't think the writers are being that kind towards Michaela.

10 hours ago, FozzyBear said:

i have a really out there theory that it’s Laurel’s mom Bonnie kills at the reception. She comes back and tries to take the baby and Bonue stops her.

I think this is a fantastic idea! Right now it's (to me at least) too obvious that Laurel killed her mom - so I don't expect at all that Laurel killed her mom. She probably has her locked up somewhere in a basement, because this show is crazy like that. Her mom escaping (on the wedding day, of course, which might explain why Laurel seems so blissfully unaware in the flashforward scene) to try to steal the baby makes sense. 

• Love 2

Can Frank go 5 minutes without getting laid?

I'm glad Annalise moved out of that crappy hotel and into a fabulous house!

I agree about Laurel's mom being the one Bonnie suffocates at the end. Bonnie is having a deja by moment - Awful parent tries to take away daughter's baby. 

New/acting DA seems shady to me.

Edited by juliet73
  • Love 4

If Bonnie doesn't immediately brush off Michaela's "whose blood is that?" question with "My period snuck up on me" she has learned nothing from Annalise and has no business being a part of the murder gang.

Laurel's little maneuver to get Tegan off her back/on her side and get Christopher into the Kaplan & Gold daycare is the kind of stuff I've been missing from her.

Also, Karla is really cute with the baby that plays Christopher. I think her daughter is around the same age and that those parallel timelines give their interactions a lot of authenticity.

Annalise's new digs are noice. A part of me will always miss the original house since we spent so much time there, but she deserves a fab apartment all to herself.

• Love 3
20 hours ago, FozzyBear said:

I have a really out there theory that it’s Laurel’s mom Bonnie kills at the reception. She comes back and tries to take the baby and Bonnie stops her.

I could definitely see it. They're dragging the mother thing out too much for it to not come back, and her trying to kidnap her grandchild would definitely mirror Bonnie's past enough to both trigger her and/or justify why she's at the middle of the mystery. But I know Pete also said he was glad to see Laurel's family taking a backseat this season, so I don't know.

• Love 1
On 10/5/2018 at 7:57 AM, Empress1 said:

Shallow: I find Bonnie's boyfriend really unattractive. 

You mean Hello Kitty Michael Jackson doesn't appeal to you? That's what folks over in TWoP used to call him when the actor was on Nip/Tuck because he looked like a mash up between Hello Kitty and Michael Jackson.

• Love 9
On 10/4/2018 at 11:44 PM, UNOSEZ said:

I enjoyed it.. I hope going fwd tegan is if not on the team.. Not constantly up complaining about Anna and the kids... I know it won't happen for episodes from now but I wish the bonnie baby stuff got hashed out and we just got to the murder mystery 

Well, the Bonnie baby stuff could be directly linked tothe murder and Teigan. I was wondering if they are going to have Teigan be the person who stole the baby. We know Gabriel is definitely reporting back to someone. What if it his mom/Tegan, and the reveal of Gabriel as Bonnie’s son leads to her murder.

• Love 1
22 hours ago, FozzyBear said:

i have a really out there theory that it’s Laurel’s mom Bonnie kills at the reception. She comes back and tries to take the baby and Bonnie stops her.

This is what I thought last week and still think is the most likely probability given the baby being there.  Who else would be taking the baby somewhere other than Laurel’s mother. My above Teigan theory only works if Bonnie had Christopher and she came across Teigan outside and snapped at the woman who “stole” her child (likely to be revealed that Bonnie’s rapist father gave the child to Teigan because she is somehow connected to the bio father).

2 hours ago, colorbars said:

I could definitely see it. They're dragging the mother thing out too much for it to not come back, and her trying to kidnap her grandchild would definitely mirror Bonnie's past enough to both trigger her and/or justify why she's at the middle of the mystery. But I know Pete also said he was glad to see Laurel's family taking a backseat this season, so I don't know.

The show runners also claim that the victim would be a major player on the show, so unless they are lying, that doesn’t fit Laurel’s mother.

2 hours ago, HunterHunted said:

You mean Hello Kitty Michael Jackson doesn't appeal to you? That's what folks over in TWoP used to call him when the actor was on Nip/Tuck because he looked like a mash up between Hello Kitty and Michael Jackson.

Yes. He looks like a bizarro Michael Jackson, if that makes sense given how bizarre Michael looked in his last years. I find the actor to be hideously unattractive and I cannot wait for him to go.

• Love 1

I thought it was Laurel's mom, too, but too many of us are thinking the same thing, and this show likes to have a shocking twist. So it's probably not her, for that reason alone.

I know this show has to have a murder at least once a season, but I was kind of enjoying the show more when Anna was happy and getting back on her game, and then when the reveal at the end of 05 01 happened, I kind of felt gloomy.

I will give them this, though: adding the baby hasn't been as annoying as I thought it would be. They're doing a very good job of integrating Christopher into the show. Very few shows manage that, so kudos.

I'm also glad they aren't ignoring or minimizing the seriousness of what was done to Simon.

• Love 6

Still hoping for Asher to be the dead body.  As long as it's not Michaela or Connor, and we saw Michaela so she is safe.  Why was Christopher just sitting out there on the lawn?  Did Bonnie take him outside, set him down and then kill someone or run across them dying?  Or did the victim take Christopher outside and then get killed?

It's supposed to be in December, I guess we will find out why Bonnie was outside without a coat in the cold.  It would be too easy for it to be revealed that Bonnie is a killer again, I'm thinking she comes across the body.  

Oh it just occured to me that I don't want it to be Teegan Price either.  Love Teegan.  We need more of her outside of the law firm.  They need to find a way to bring her more into the gang's social circle.  I know she fears Laurel because she helped take down Laurel's father... but Laurel wanted to take down her father as well.  Why wouldn't Teegan and Laurel be friends and not foes?  Is it because Teegan is afraid she'd lose her license or go to jail if it was revealed she violated attorney/client privilege?  Why would Laurel rat her out?

Also, why does Teegan hate Michaela?  Is it because of the key card?  I can't remember if Michaela admitted to taking it or if she just pretended like she didn't know what happened.  

• Love 2
4 hours ago, blackwing said:

Also, why does Teegan hate Michaela?  Is it because of the key card?  I can't remember if Michaela admitted to taking it or if she just pretended like she didn't know what happened.  

I think Tegan hates Michaela because she took Michaela under her wing, only to have her steal the key card and then lie - badly- about it, putting Tegan's career at risk. 

She's wary of Laurel because of the connection to her father. She doesn't/didn't want to be outed to Caplan | Gold as the whistleblower Jane Doe. Laurel diverted attention to her Maman, so probably there's a detente there.

Aside from her bomb lipstick and hair, I love how Tegan pronounces all the Spanish. 

• Love 10
9 hours ago, blackwing said:

Still hoping for Asher to be the dead body.  As long as it's not Michaela or Connor, and we saw Michaela so she is safe.  Why was Christopher just sitting out there on the lawn?  Did Bonnie take him outside, set him down and then kill someone or run across them dying?  Or did the victim take Christopher outside and then get killed?

I was under the impression that they were on a lake or a pond and that the person carrying the baby had fallen through the ice. So in my head, the mystery person had "tossed" the baby to try to get out of the water, and that's when Bonnie came along and pushed the person under instead of helping him or her get out. Did anyone else think this, or was it just me because I grew up next to a pond? 

Edited by rur
2 hours ago, rur said:

I was under the impression that they were on a lake or a pond and that the person carrying the baby had fallen through the ice. So in my head, the mystery person had "tossed" the baby to try to get out of the water, and that's when Bonnie came along and pushed the person under instead of helping him or her get out. Did anyone else think this, or was it just me because I grew up next to a pond? 

I didn't think or see anything about a pond. I thought Bonnie was smothering the person. If she was trying to hold a person underwater, most likely that person would have pulled her in in their frantic attempts to get out.

• Love 2

I think making Bonnie the murderer twice is a bit much, so I like the idea that maybe she finds someone already dead. She could be reaching out to touch the face, or feel for a pulse, not necessarily to smother or strangle. I'm kind of bored with the guessing and misdirects the show likes to put us through. I found it absorbing for a while, but now I just feel jerked around. I wish they would just tell a story and make in inherently interesting so they don't need to use gimmicks.

If she didn't kill someone, the first half of the season will probably be: who died? And the second half will be: who killed them?

• Love 2
11 hours ago, possibilities said:

I think making Bonnie the murderer twice is a bit much, so I like the idea that maybe she finds someone already dead. She could be reaching out to touch the face, or feel for a pulse, not necessarily to smother or strangle. I'm kind of bored with the guessing and misdirects the show likes to put us through. I found it absorbing for a while, but now I just feel jerked around. I wish they would just tell a story and make in inherently interesting so they don't need to use gimmicks.

If she didn't kill someone, the first half of the season will probably be: who died? And the second half will be: who killed them?

I like the twists, although it seems to me that we've been following the same format every season now.  Current day scenes before credits, then flashback for the episode, then show snippet of current day and reveal a character still alive one by one each week. 

There is definitely a death, because the commercials keep asking "Who died at the wedding?"  We are being made to believe that Bonnie killed the person but I think it's a red herring, so I agree that the second half would slowly reveal who is the killer.

I think it will be fun guessing.  My current whimsical thought... Asher, in the yard, with a computer power cord, killed Oliver.  I find Oliver and Connor boring.  Connor used to be a cool and fun character and now he's just so boring.  Oliver's death would free up Connor to go back to being Season 1 fun loving Connor.

• Love 2
26 minutes ago, blackwing said:

although it seems to me that we've been following the same format every season now. 

Yes, they really need to switch things up a little. The seasonal Murder Nights that the first half leads up to.... then fallout in the second half... It's like a one trick pony.

• Love 2

I think they'll get through who is still alive a lot faster than they did in S3. I mean, it's only been two episodes and we already know that Annalise, Bonnie, Frank, Laurel, Michaela and Christopher are all alive. I think they'll drag it out a few more episodes but we'll either get to see that the main characters we care about are safe or they might even surprise us and show us who died before the midseason finale, and they'll just wait to show us what actually happened then.

I definitely don't think it's either Connor or Oliver, since in the preview, they have Bonnie and Michaela looking at each other in the reception, and I highly doubt Michaela would have gone back into the wedding reception if one of them was dead. I can see the "where are the grooms?" bit being the quick shot in the beginning of the episode, and then in the end, we'll see they're both alive.

• Love 2

Unpopular opinion: I really can't stand Michaela right now. I want to turn off the TV every time she appears. Not only because what she did to Simon (unforgivable for me), but because of her whole attutude this season. Die Michaela die. Oliver can go too. Yes for the return of free fun Connor.

I do like Gabriel so far. Mysterious eye candy is good. 

Why are they destroying the Asher character? Why are we're being told again that he has to grow up? He grew up a lot last season. Loved his interactions with the group. And the romance with Michaela. He was a new Asher in season 4! Why are we back so season 1 Asher? I guess they want to kill off his character, so they're trying to make us hate him. That would make sense.

Edited by maddie965
  • Love 1
7 minutes ago, maddie965 said:

Why are they destroying the Asher character? Why are we're being told again that he has to grow up?

Well I never liked Michaela so I'm good with you on less her.. Or at least a better understanding as to why she's so horrible like 70% of the time.. As it stands with asher.. To me he is a smart capable guy who always acts the clown.. Which is what Annaliese said to him.. It did feel in the premiere that his pitch was more about Michaela than him.. And in their relationship he always took the back seat.. Annaliese basically told him to go find his own voice.. So that's what hes done.. But because he's also kinda emotionally stunted and doesnt like feeling or actually being abandoned he may also be vindictive towards the group in general and Michaela and Anna specifically as he may see their actions as betrayal( which in Michaela's case is the truth) 

• Love 1
On 10/4/2018 at 10:42 PM, Lady Calypso said:

Also, the picture that the woman showed Nate with the missing kid....I'm guessing we'll know who the mystery person (I think a woman?) is who took the baby who is likely Gabriel. They're doing some really weird transitional cuts; with the picture, it cut right to Bonnie, as if we were supposed to assume that she took the kid 20+ years ago. 

I'm glad you said that, because when they showed the baby was Christopher at the end, I felt like an idiot for thinking she had kidnapped the baby from 20 years ago.

Did the wigmaster quit? That horrid thing they had on Annalise looked like a drowned rat, and Michaela's wasn't much better. I've always enjoyed all the different looks they give Annalise, but this episode with barely any lipstick and the limp dishrag hair was disappointing. I know, I'm shallow.

Edited by renatae
On 10/5/2018 at 7:46 AM, UNOSEZ said:

I'm just waiting for the scene when laurel finds out Gabriel is living in Wes' apartment.. Also still waiting for Grandma or Daddy Mahoney to show up to see laurel and baby Christopher.. I can't imagine that they would just leave that hanging out there

I always expect the Mahoney's to show up. Since Charles has shown himself to like Black women, what if Gabriel is not Bonnie's son, but rather Wes' half brother sent to avenge Wes death by Sylvia? That would make all his sneaky moves male sense. 

On 10/5/2018 at 8:33 PM, LoveIsJoy said:

At one point, Annalise called Bonnie to ask for a computer password.   Bonnie replies that it’s the usual XYZ, while she and the DA are fumbling with their clothes.  Annalise hears the commotion and asks if something is going on.  Bonnie says no, and they finish the call.  Am I being paranoid, or did Mr. district attorney probably make a mental note of that password?  Bet it will come up again later.

I really don't trust DA guy. I could swear last season it felt like he was Denver's replacement set up by Laurel's dad. I'll have to rewatch.

On 10/6/2018 at 1:05 AM, FozzyBear said:

I could see this happening.

• Love 1