Type keyword(s) to search

S04.E15: I Lose People...

• Start Topic

I did like how they all rallied around Morgan, but his constant giving up has got to stop. He needs to think of his people. If he dies, they will not be able to get to Alexandria, not that they are ever likely to get there, but it gives them a goal to keep going.

• Love 4

Ugh, I am really getting tired of crazy lady. 

If I was jumping, I would've made sure I dived head first so that I would not wake up again as a walker. Granted, his body should be so broken that it should not be able to walk at all.

Also, I'm getting a little tired of the walkers acting completely different whenever needed in order to fit the plot.

Otherwise, it was actually a decent episode, and it is nice to have the gang back together again.

• Love 10

If you are looking for Al and going back down the elevators where you expect a horde of walkers, why would you bring someone in a wheelchair? 

Anyone else notice those BIG hospital hallway doors, our crew just wouldn't close?

What trifecta of knowledge was handed to Alicia that she knew to drive that truck through a river which is now only waist deep in the middle?

I didn't like it during Madison's send off nor did I like the Morgan "we won't abandon you" proclamations. 

Would everybody just shut up and do something? June standing there babbling sweet nothings with Morgan while a horde barrels down. And there was no pretense that the ambulance wasn't going to start right up.

That strap on Witchypoo's hands had a good four or five inches of open space. The show should be cancelled just for that ignorance.

At the end when Morgan said they should find Al, I was shocked. Somehow I had completely forgotten about her. Secondly, why would you drive miles away from her last location and then utter that? Even a cursory "hey Al are you here" near the hospital would have been logical. From the preview, I think she's still in that area.

And again, when the car horn stopped, the walkers in the back made about faces.

Edited by Iguessnot
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, oompa said:

Ugh, I am really getting tired of crazy lady. 

If I was jumping, I would've made sure I dived head first so that I would not wake up again as a walker. Granted, his body should be so broken that it should not be able to walk at all.

Also, I'm getting a little tired of the walkers acting completely different whenever needed in order to fit the plot.

Otherwise, it was actually a decent episode, and it is nice to have the gang back together again.

Actually, it's really hard to control how you fall beyond a few feet. 

• Love 1

I enjoyed the episode.

I was very glad to see more of John Dorie. Oh, and he got his hat back! 

I know Martha the Crazy Lady has a thing about being helped, but they did help her, and she is still stuck on taking them out. I think they bandaged her shoulder/neck wound and everything too (?)

I would think that their kindness would eventually get through to her and cause her to have a change of heart.

I'm a little surprised that the show still has Morgan wanting to return to Virginia. 

• Love 1

I really do like the new cast—they are tremendously fun compared to Madison The Perfect and Nick The Mopey et al. I like that they care about each other so much, even if it’s a little contrived. I just wish they had better villains than the snooze-worthy Vultures and the awful one-note Martha. 

• Love 11

I know I’ve said it before, but Morgan as the leader? Come on!  He’s too ... wishy-washy. “Yes, I can save us.” “No, I can’t save us.” “I got us all into this.” “You go and save yourselves.” “Leave me here.”

I mean it was back and forth all episode long.  Indecisive. Uninspiring. Unleader-like. Yeah, everyone has the right to get mopey. Look at John Dorie. But he shook it off pretty fast. The thing about Morgan is he’s always been like this, IMO.

He is NOT inspiring. For some reason, June thinks he walks on water.  It is it really that, or does she (who seems to be the most caring person in the group) see him as a hurt puppy who needs some caring for. Maybe I shouldn’t say this here (Mods please forgive me), the two of them, Morgan and June, remind of the dynamic between Carol and Ezekiel. Both Morgan and Ezekiel are good warriors and can be inspiring, but they also fall into despair, and quickly. But then a strong, caring woman drags them back up.

Edited by JackONeill
  • Love 6

I read the forums every week but only recovered my password now basically just to sign in and say how much I loved that little moment of Strand tipping the alcohol onto John’s wound.

Little interactions that show how much they really do look out for one another are keeping me hooked on this show. I like the new cast—but I’d wish for tighter directing or editing to keep the energy level up when the scripts are a bit floppy.

• Love 10
1 hour ago, AngelKitty said:

I do not understand how Crazy Martha was able to get to Jimbo when all the walkers were headed right for him.

When the car battery finally died after sitting there for well over a year, the alarm would have stopped and the Walkers would have done a quick about-turn, as they seem to have started doing recently.

i do wonder why they would have gone towards the sound of an alarm, when their sole objective, food, was standing just out of arms reach on the Fire truck.

• Love 7

Finally, the show seems to be heading to where the Walking Dead universe is at its best, and that is a small group of people hitting the road, but with a particular destination in mind. My only concern, is that it’s looking like wel’ll have to put up with the most annoying villain yet following the group. The fact that this lady has done what she has so far is not feasible.Trailing, stalking and harassing the group will be too much. I hope they don’t try taking this character and her storyline too far.

Edited by OoohMaggie
  • Love 6
5 hours ago, icemiser69 said:

So much for Morgan fulfilling his promise and putting Jim down before he turned.

It was only a couple weeks ago Jim left Morgan on the roof of a car, surrounded by walkers, and never looked back. Not feeling sorry for Jimbo.  He had a helluva nerve complaining to Morgan about getting him bit. 

I really like the new cast too (even though I still miss Ruben Blades).  It's better when the are together and not split off in a bunch of directions. 

Finally, I called it last week that Alicia would get the van back and would rescue the people at the hospital. 

• Love 5

They're making Martha the dirty psycho into the Terminator. She gets shot and just throws a rag on it and she's good.  She don't need no drugs for pain, infection, tetanus, etc.   She escapes from zip-tie handcuffs and disappears.  She is able to get to Jim to turn him into her latest walker pet and now she has his magical beer recipe.  The fact that Alicia didn't put a bullet into her head made me sigh with exasperation.   

If this season ends with the team finally on their way to Alexandria with Martha trailing them... oh, my eyes will be a-rolling.

• Love 6
34 minutes ago, Blintzie said:

Why didn’t they use walker guts as a cover? I thought for sure Jimbo would die on the roof, and they’d cover themselves in walker goo after putting him down

They didn’t use it because the show is trying to make us forget that the Walker blood trick exists. Getting trapped in the hospital, being chased up onto the roof, Jimbo getting bitten, Al getting the generators working, Getting trapped behind the fence so Morgan has to set the car alarm off, getting surrounded on the fire truck, Jimbo diving off the roof to set another alarm off, Al getting separated.  None of these events needed to happen if they had simply put sheets over themselves covered in Walker blood. They could have walked / wheeled out of the hospital whistling Dixie, there would have been no danger, no excitement and therefore basically no show.

This  is why on the main show,  they made Father Gabriel get sick and lose sight in one eye, so the characters have a valid reason to never use the trick again. 

Edited by OoohMaggie
  • Love 5
11 minutes ago, patty1h said:

She escapes from zip-tie handcuffs and disappears.

To be fair, the Zip ties around her wrists were so loose it was ridiculous, there is no way she couldn’t have slipped them off, I only noticed on my usual second viewing though.

I’ve got a feeling she’s on the way to becoming Fear’s Negan, the most despised, irritating villain of the show.

• Love 3
5 hours ago, SPQR Blues said:

just to sign in and say how much I loved that little moment of Strand tipping the alcohol onto John’s wound.

I’ve said before that Dorie’s Quick Draw and Strand’s quick mouth would be a ratings winner, a match made in heaven lol

• Love 7
13 hours ago, DrNowsWeightScale said:

I'm a little surprised that the show still has Morgan wanting to return to Virginia. 

Realistically, aren’t the AHK communities the nearest thing to a normal, pre ZA world that Morgan could possibly hope to find? Why go through what he has over the past seven or so months, it’s no life and holds no future. I think he finally realises where he needs to be, where he truly belongs, and that is with people, people pretty much like himself.

• Love 1

I pumped my fist when Martha fell to the ground (thinking she was dead) and cheered that this lame arc/villain was finally over. But the writers got me and my joy was squashed when she opened her eyes in the truck.

After being shot and suffering from exhaustion, where does she find the motivation/energy to carry on her vindictive crap?

• Love 5

I'm surprised the alarms worked at all, or the fact that they were even equipped with one.  Did nobody try breaking into these vehicles prior to the gang showing up?

It would've been pretty amusing (or warped) if Jimbo jumped and nothing had happened.  Same with Morgan throwing the walker off of the roof.

• Love 2
6 hours ago, OoohMaggie said:

When the car battery finally died after sitting there for well over a year, the alarm would have stopped and the Walkers would have done a quick about-turn, as they seem to have started doing recently.

i do wonder why they would have gone towards the sound of an alarm, when their sole objective, food, was standing just out of arms reach on the Fire truck.

Walkers have always been shown to be attracted to both fire and loud noises.

7 hours ago, OoohMaggie said:

Exact, and I also wonder why they parked the Swat truck away from the firetruck?

6 hours ago, OoohMaggie said:

I hope they don’t try taking this character and her storyline too far.

It is already for me.

• Love 3

Damn, how is Martha not dead? Anyone with half a brain would have put a bullet in hers a long time ago.

I'm so sick of hearing about Al's stupid tapes. Someone needs to burn them, and if Al doesn't shut up about them, burn her too.

• Love 6
10 hours ago, patty1h said:

The fact that Alicia didn't put a bullet into her head made me sigh with exasperation.   

I'm not sure if it was your post or someone else's I saw who was asking why didn't Alicia shoot Martha, or someone saying wishing that she had shot her.

My theory as to why Alicia did not put Martha down is because in the same episode Alicia told - Morgan I think - that she wants to help people now, and not shooting Martha but trying to get Martha medical care and stuff would qualify as helping someone. 

I realize that Martha is nutty, and has been shooting at the group, so, in self defense, yes, IMO, they would be justified in taking her out.

However. I'm leery of anyone going over-board with the "let's just kill everyone who poses a threat and be done with it" attitude because that thinking led to Rick Grimes on the original series becoming just as bad as the baseball bat carrying villain, where he was just shooting anyone and everyone, not even giving them a chance.

But I'm also not a supporter of Morgan's pacifist outlook, either, where he's like never, ever shoot anyone for any reason, ever.

(My philosophy in how to deal with horrible or violent people can be found in that Kenny Rogers song - Coward of the County - about avoiding a fight if you can, but there are times you have no choice but to fight, or fighting is actually the moral choice.)

Edited by DrNowsWeightScale
  • Love 3
10 hours ago, mxc90 said:

I pumped my fist when Martha fell to the ground (thinking she was dead) and cheered that this lame arc/villain was finally over

Yet not only to survive, but to go on and annoy the hell out of us next season. Mmmmmmmmm, where have we all thought a similar thing before? 

• Love 4
9 hours ago, One4Sorrow2TooBad said:

someone put a bullet in her head yet???

Double tap, ladies, double tap.

I yell "shoot 'em in the head!" so much on this show that I find myself shouting it to characters on my regular shows when someone annoys me.

• Love 7
4 hours ago, DrNowsWeightScale said:

My theory as to why Alicia did not put Martha down is because in the same episode Alicia told - Morgan I think - that she wants to help people now,

Yeah, she’s a good girl now, she wanted to rescue ‘Help’ guy in the timber yard. The Good Samaritan hat gets passed from character to character.

Rake Lady is beyond help, keeping her alive is something you wouldn’t do in a ZA. The proof is that she now appears to be about to follow the group north, why would you allow that possibility?

Edited by OoohMaggie
  • Love 1

Decent storyline peppered with “wtf” moments......

Why didn’t they mercy kill Crazy Rake Lady?? 

Walkers can’t think - they are attracted to live beings and sound/ motion: maybe cover any glass with an interior door in the hospital and shut the hell up so they can’t hear you! 

Can walkers climb stairs?! More like they fall on the stairs and eventually the horde climbs up the fallen bodies ( IF there is something attracting them)...

I realize it is fiction but don’t insult the viewers with stupidity. 

• Love 2
On 9/24/2018 at 2:34 PM, OoohMaggie said:

Could it be that Jimbo died on impact. Don't they like to eat the living. Then again he had not turned by the time Martha got to him. 

11 hours ago, WalkerTalker said:

II thought she  sabotaged the swat vehicle. That would be the only reason she left it behind. Unless, they were coming back and she didn't have enough time. 

I’m actually giving the show credit here, I’m assuming the driver would have had the sense to not leave the keys and Rake Lady together.

• Love 2
On 9/24/2018 at 5:03 PM, FishyJoe said:

Why didn't filthy woman just drive off in the SWAT van?

I thought about that for a second too, then realized they were probably smart enough to take the keys with them this time. that mistake would definitely NOT FLY a second time.

• Love 2
On 9/25/2018 at 3:59 AM, AngelKitty said:

Double tap, ladies, double tap.

I yell "shoot 'em in the head!" so much on this show that I find myself shouting it to characters on my regular shows when someone annoys me.

boondock-saints.jpg

Let her follow them all the way to Alexandria and have Sean Patrick Flannery join the cast for the supposed crossover! PLEASE!!!

• Love 1
6 hours ago, Daltrey said:

I thought about that for a second too, then realized they were probably smart enough to take the keys with them this time. that mistake would definitely NOT FLY a second time.

I guess, but by now you would think they would always have someone in the van. How many times has it been stolen? I've lost track.

• Love 1