Type keyword(s) to search

S04.E15: I Lose People...

• Start Topic

On 9/26/2018 at 6:56 AM, OoohMaggie said:

I’m actually giving the show credit here, I’m assuming the driver would have had the sense to not leave the keys and Rake Lady together.

Actually, when I think about it, why didn't she wait for them to return and shoot them. She had no qualms about firing on them on the hwy. I wouldn't drink the water on the SWAT truck. But, then again they don't know what she had been doing with the boxes. 

On 9/26/2018 at 12:23 PM, DesertCyclist said:

How did Alicia know Martha was simply injured and hadn't been bitten?

Good observation!

On 9/24/2018 at 1:38 AM, DrNowsWeightScale said:

I enjoyed the episode.

I was very glad to see more of John Dorie. Oh, and he got his hat back! 

I know Martha the Crazy Lady has a thing about being helped, but they did help her, and she is still stuck on taking them out. I think they bandaged her shoulder/neck wound and everything too (?)

I would think that their kindness would eventually get through to her and cause her to have a change of heart.

I'm a little surprised that the show still has Morgan wanting to return to Virginia. 

I enjoyed it as well. I loved how all the characters had each other backs finally with no hidden agendas and infighting. I think just focusing on that group surviving the end of the world/making a life for themselves with a little danger thrown in would make a nice show. I have actually grown to love them all including Alicia

John Dorie dies I riot

• Love 1

Coming really late on this one, but I weirdly liked this episode in a sure let's roll with it sort of way even while being completely frustrated that none of these people seem to have any sense of urgency whatsoever.  

Putting aside the fact that they now have an inexhaustible supply of walkie talkies with apparently inexhaustible batteries, I love how they can leisurely hang out in full view of walkers to have long conversational pep talks via radio.  Or that the walkers are considerate enough to wait for them to jot down complicated beer recipes they'll be unlikely to ever get proper ingredients for.  And apparently Morgan is now Spider-Man.   As contrived as some of it was, I actually do like Morgan wrestling with how do you lead people when your previous MO has been to keep yourself separate and act as peanut gallery dissent.  Sure, you could see Jimbo's "sacrifice" coming from a mile away, but he was pretty consistently a dick right up until that point voicing a lot of the doubts you knew had to be in Morgan's head:  Oh great, you got everybody up here, now what?   What do you mean you don't have any sort of plan at all for getting us out?  Still, it's hard to fault him too much when the best the rest of the gang seemed to be able to come up with was to tow a dead hook and ladder up to the building and then ... something something something we escape.  Whee!

What saves it for me is that there's still a sense of hopefulness that the mother show has mostly long since abandoned.  I like most of the cast we have now and I like that they're genuinely trying, albeit not always terribly well.  In some ways, it's reminiscent of the early days of the mother show when there was also plenty of ridiculousness to go around but the characters still talked to each other and seemed to actually care about each other.  Strand and John Dorie arguing back and forth with Strand sloshing his open wound with booze will never not be gold.

• Love 4
20 hours ago, nodorothyparker said:

Strand and John Dorie arguing back and forth with Strand sloshing his open wound with booze will never not be gold.

With the show now getting back to where it has always been best, a small group hitting the road, it’s all set up for an entertaining season 5.  The perfect start will be seeing Rake Lady getting eaten tomorrow, then it’s green lights all the way to Alex.

Edited by OoohMaggie
  • Love 2
On 9/24/2018 at 9:08 PM, One4Sorrow2TooBad said:

The show has jumped the shark  alligator so many times this season, it's to the point of ridiculousness.  So sick of the Martha character, why hasn't___ someone put a bullet in her head yet???

FTFY

• Love 2

When the fuck will these idiots (on either FTWD or TWD) learn that you need to kill the psychos????  We've had how many seasons now of these morons not taking shots when they had them or leaving people alive and it always comes back to bite them in the ass.  I've reached the point again where I just want them all to die because they're just too stupid to live.

• Love 4
On 10/1/2018 at 5:50 PM, Token said:

When the fuck will these idiots (on either FTWD or TWD) learn that you need to kill the psychos????  We've had how many seasons now of these morons not taking shots when they had them or leaving people alive and it always comes back to bite them in the ass.  I've reached the point again where I just want them all to die because they're just too stupid to live.

Its like non e of them had any idea of what sociopathy  was before the ZA, oe that some people literally cannot be reasoned with and are bent on destroying others out of greed or  for fun and satisfaction. They just seem dumbfounded  by the notion. It is never even brought up as a realistic alternative.  Its still not happening with Negan on WD!

The writers on this show are so fucking annoying, I watched this in amazement...because it seems to be that they JDGAF and are trolling the audience.Now, I could be referring to any number of scenes, Im sure. But I wasnt watching this epsisode, so well.  Frankly, I  could only bear glances, while i walked past the TV. And the scene Im talking about is where Mo Collins character is saying that  the beer should be called Jimbos Beerbos.  The other people in the back say, 'He'd hate that,' referring to beer-maker Jim, who just died giving this van full of assholes a break.

In a real world, theydbe grudgingly tightlipped, because this character of Mo's is an irritating asshole from stem to stern,  and at that moment, she is driving the truck.   Mo's character, whos an underwritten person  whos main feature is she annoys people by putting an -O on the ends of their names or  the otherwise irritating nicknames that s she s given them.  She always ignores the fact that shes annoying anyone, with her idiotic stupidity, and doubles down.  Of course in the real world, this  only makes a person like that more annoying and  less funny than before. When you enter into negative funny  territory, youre usually  going to get a beating, sooner or latet; a real beating. Because pissing off people  in such a childish, assholic way , as this character does, is neeeever funny. Its teh opposite of funny. It's that character being a cowardly asshole  with anger issues.  Because when you annoy  people like she does, in that way, she is actually angery and displaying it in a this passive aggressive hostile way.  

And so how  do the writers end this scene? They end that scene with her saying to herself, 'Yep; Jimbos Beerbos. " {BIG SMILE.}

In the real world, you know how to even attempt to save that scene and make it meaningful?  YOu have teh peanut gallery in the back erupt and hurl invective at her, doesnt even have to be a ll that unkindly,  and her finally get it, that theyre fed up with her shit, and hey guess what?  Shes not as funny as she think she is.  Her self awareness and sheepishness might be funny at that point. But no; the writers are THAT inept at not only comedy but also any kind of real logical meaningful human interaction between these people.   Again; these PTB were handed a golden goose of a franchise, and all theyve done, continually, is harass that goose off its nest and then proceed to shit into it.

This little scene encapsulates how fucking tonedeaf these writers are. What they think is funny. And above all, how stupid and lazy they are at their jobs.  ALways, THIS.  And they wrote this shit for a career comedian to say.  I didnt find Mo Collins funny when she was on MAD TV. But every time I have seen her interviewed, I noted she seemed like a nice person. She cant possibly think this character is funny for real.  You cant be endearing when youre constantly  being a passiveaggressive, unfunny  asshole.

• Love 2
9 hours ago, Butless said:

Its like non e of them had any idea of what sociopathy  was before the ZA, oe that some people literally cannot be reasoned with and are bent on destroying others out of greed or  for fun and satisfaction. They just seem dumbfounded  by the notion. It is never even brought up as a realistic alternative.  Its still not happening with Negan on WD!

This is why the episode Grove was so good on WD.

On 10/5/2018 at 2:46 PM, Iguessnot said:

This is why the episode Grove was so good on WD.

The fact  that Carol could recognize the kind of psychopathy that cannot be allowed to exist in the ZA?  I agree that 's why it was so satisfying , for lack of a better word, at the end. That, and  it was instantly recognized that  McBride's acting on 'Look at the flowers, Lindsey,' was going to make it a memorable scene. 

But again, they waited until Lindsey actually killed her sister and was going to kill Shane's baby. That kid ought to have been tethered inside a room, by that point, when she was trying to lure Griselda to the house, etc, endangering everyone. The only reason this episode worked was that she was a child, and it actually would have taken a lot ofhorror to process before you finally gave up on a child. But even more horrifying wold have been for her sister, and anyone else to have lost their life, if they werent grimly realistic about what needed to be done.

And I dont believe that the way people see the world , is something that is easily changeable.  You can change  ideas and approaches; ieg, you can try to make yourself more optimistic and less so quick to be negative.  But you cant change the lens of clarity you have.   Carol could see the real dangers on the group and she had the courage to deal with them. Unlike Rick.  And frankly, unlike Maggie, who's always been a selfish character.  Her family, Her farm. Her Glenn. All that BS. Instead of showing a natural progression of Carol, she's thrown out by Rick, made a namby-pamby and wishy-washy.

She's made into a mom figure basically, who is sly.  Who doesnt want responsibility, and who in the end must always defer to Rick.  They fucked over this character.  There are a few actors and characters who have brought real strength and ...truth, i think , to their roles.   Scott Wilson, who just passed, was one of them. Another was Michael Rooker, as Merle.

There was one illuminating moment between   his character and  Carol's while they were still in the prison, where he says there's something different about her, and calls her a "late-bloomer."    He saw a vein of notable strength in her, and that was how her character should have evolved, unabated.  Maggie's always been given this pretend title of 'Boss' and a kind of deference  that is unearned.

Went off on a  Carol tangent. But starting to see why some people dont like Rick Grimes.

I want to like that Mo Collins character, and I just cant because of the shitty writing. Her character is nails on a chalkboard.  They should just lose her and keep her twin, who they can hopefully add some more depth to. He's a far more compelling character.

Maggie Grace's hair keeps making me think of the lyrics to Karma Police: "Her Hitler hairdo is making me feel ill."

No offense to her or her hair.

19 hours ago, Butless said:

The fact  that Carol could recognize the kind of psychopathy that cannot be allowed to exist in the ZA?  I agree that 's why it was so satisfying , for lack of a better word, at the end. That, and  it was instantly recognized that  McBride's acting on 'Look at the flowers, Lindsey,' was going to make it a memorable scene. 

But again, they waited until Lindsey actually killed her sister and was going to kill Shane's baby. That kid ought to have been tethered inside a room, by that point, when she was trying to lure Griselda to the house, etc, endangering everyone. The only reason this episode worked was that she was a child, and it actually would have taken a lot ofhorror to process before you finally gave up on a child. But even more horrifying wold have been for her sister, and anyone else to have lost their life, if they werent grimly realistic about what needed to be done.

And I dont believe that the way people see the world , is something that is easily changeable.  You can change  ideas and approaches; ieg, you can try to make yourself more optimistic and less so quick to be negative.  But you cant change the lens of clarity you have.   Carol could see the real dangers on the group and she had the courage to deal with them. Unlike Rick.  And frankly, unlike Maggie, who's always been a selfish character.  Her family, Her farm. Her Glenn. All that BS. Instead of showing a natural progression of Carol, she's thrown out by Rick, made a namby-pamby and wishy-washy.

She's made into a mom figure basically, who is sly.  Who doesnt want responsibility, and who in the end must always defer to Rick.  They fucked over this character.  There are a few actors and characters who have brought real strength and ...truth, i think , to their roles.   Scott Wilson, who just passed, was one of them. Another was Michael Rooker, as Merle.

There was one illuminating moment between   his character and  Carol's while they were still in the prison, where he says there's something different about her, and calls her a "late-bloomer."    He saw a vein of notable strength in her, and that was how her character should have evolved, unabated.  Maggie's always been given this pretend title of 'Boss' and a kind of deference  that is unearned.

Went off on a  Carol tangent. But starting to see why some people dont like Rick Grimes.

I want to like that Mo Collins character, and I just cant because of the shitty writing. Her character is nails on a chalkboard.  They should just lose her and keep her twin, who they can hopefully add some more depth to. He's a far more compelling character.

Maggie Grace's hair keeps making me think of the lyrics to Karma Police: "Her Hitler hairdo is making me feel ill."

No offense to her or her hair.

It was good because Carol recognized and took the proper action in their world; not the world of every kid gets a trophy. All the cast members wimped out around Charlie, because the story line had them viewing her as an infant instead of a backstabbing killer in the apocalypse. Same with Martha. She was actively killing people who had not harmed her. Morgan might feel a connection to her, but Alicia didn't have the time, reason nor the psych degree to deal with the woman's foolishness.