Jump to content
Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
SilverStormm

Magnum P.I. (2018)

Recommended Posts

Kamekona pulled the same leaving his tour route to spot for McGarrett bit on H5-0

Share this post


Link to post

I didn't see any promos, so I didn't know about the nuclear bomb.  When Sergei went to open the suitcase I paused the DVR and said to my husband "I know what's in there, it the pee tape!,"  I was disappointed to find out it was just a nuke.   

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post

Off topic, but I came here looking for comments on the "poker game" ep, and found that Magnum is now one long thread. Boo. That was one of my least favorite qualities of TWOP, and one thing I liked most about Previously - separate and easy to follow episode posts. I guess easy always wins out. 

On the topic of the episode, I would have preferred a more complex ending in which Meadow Soprano had actually arranged the robbery in order to pay her medical bills, and Rick and the team would have had to decide whether to expose her or not. Gray areas are always welcome (but that's not this show's MO).

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post

Is there a reason Higgins keeps tell people she's a 'major domo'?  Do people use this term in everyday language?  I've heard it before but in old movies (excuse me, classic movies...) on TCM.  Every time she says it (twice in the most recent episode) it just seems pretentious.  

Loved that they used the dogs in their roles as guard dogs.

Overall I'm enjoying the series.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, seacliffsal said:

Is there a reason Higgins keeps tell people she's a 'major domo'?  Do people use this term in everyday language?  I've heard it before but in old movies (excuse me, classic movies...) on TCM.  Every time she says it (twice in the most recent episode) it just seems pretentious.  

Loved that they used the dogs in their roles as guard dogs.

Overall I'm enjoying the series.

Because Higgins, at least the prime version was a pretentious man.

Share this post


Link to post

First Chin Ho Kelly on H50 and now Magnum and Higgins, just because Hawaii doesn't have a motorcycle helmet laws doesn't mean  all your characters would ignore their advantages

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
On 1/18/2019 at 9:05 PM, Moxie Cat said:

Off topic, but I came here looking for comments on the "poker game" ep, and found that Magnum is now one long thread. Boo. That was one of my least favorite qualities of TWOP, and one thing I liked most about Previously - separate and easy to follow episode posts. I guess easy always wins out. 

This is just the transition period to a new website format, hopefully arriving soon and hopefully for the better.

Just wondering if Magnum allowed those two guys with all the drugs to escape because he an his friends were off chasing after murders and potential murders. Magnum could have at least informed the police to come and pick the drug smugglers up. Did anybody recognize Alara Kitan from The Orville without her alien makeup on.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
11 hours ago, SweetTooth said:

NEW EPISODE: DAY OF THE VIPER

Magnum and Higgins are shocked when one of her former MI6 teammates shows up with a fresh gunshot wound and news that “the Viper,” the assassin who killed Higgins’ true love, has surfaced on Oahu.

 

Well, due to the unorganized multi-page jumble of episodes the show forums have now become, I thought I'd try and make it easier for people who may binge watch not to have to weed through 85 pages to find a particular episode. 

Anyway, show of hands as to who knew Ian was Viper from the moment he walked into the room?

And who believes, now that Richard has been the subject of multiple episodes, and we've seen a picture of him, that he's totally not dead?

Hand raises for both. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
3 hours ago, Aliconehead said:

Hand raises for both. 

Yes to both, with added wild guess that Magnum will end up killing Richard ... but this time for real because, you know, those first deaths don’t always stick.

Share this post


Link to post
19 minutes ago, SamBeckett said:

Yes to both, with added wild guess that Magnum will end up killing Richard ... but this time for real because, you know, those first deaths don’t always stick.

I vote for Richard riding off into the sunset with Hannah (Magnum's old flame) to clear the way for the inevitable Magnum/Higgins romance.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post

I have really taken to this show.  I would say after the first couple of episodes where they were just getting into it, I have really enjoyed every episode.  I like the camadarie, I like the actors/characters, I like the mix of suspense with some lightheartedness mixed in.  I think they are really finding their way.  As for the forum, for shows that don't get a lot of discussion I find this format easier--I find it easier to jump in without having to find the specific episode, or if you have more general thoughts versus episode specific.

Winner Takes All that aired Sunday--I just finished watching it.  I loved how everyone helped him with that case--that was kind of fun.  

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post

I do wonder if they were trying, and failed, to call back the most famous Magnum PI episode with the gun being held on Ian instead of Ivan?

It was strange that after seeing all that security at the super consulate., that a HPD officer could just walk around as if they would let him in, in the first place.

Share this post


Link to post
7 hours ago, alexa said:

I have really taken to this show.  I would say after the first couple of episodes where they were just getting into it, I have really enjoyed every episode.  I like the camadarie, I like the actors/characters, I like the mix of suspense with some lightheartedness mixed in.  I think they are really finding their way.  As for the forum, for shows that don't get a lot of discussion I find this format easier--I find it easier to jump in without having to find the specific episode, or if you have more general thoughts versus episode specific.

Winner Takes All that aired Sunday--I just finished watching it.  I loved how everyone helped him with that case--that was kind of fun.  

I agree.  Winner Takes All has been my favorite episode so far.  I really liked how all the characters had a significant role to play and how they mixed the humor with more serious moments.  And I have to admit that the ending where Magnum reflects on how much he appreciates his new family while the chorus "we made it home" played had me a little choked up.  Does anyone know what song that's from?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
5 hours ago, Rose Quartz said:

I agree.  Winner Takes All has been my favorite episode so far.  I really liked how all the characters had a significant role to play and how they mixed the humor with more serious moments.  And I have to admit that the ending where Magnum reflects on how much he appreciates his new family while the chorus "we made it home" played had me a little choked up.  Does anyone know what song that's from?

It is called Made it Home by AHI. I found it by googling Magnum PI soundtrack winner takes all. There is a site that has the songs from the episodes. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

They shouldn't have let Rick pretend to be Magnum in this episode because when Zachary Knighton said something like, "I'm a better Magnum than you are," he was right. He's got a lot more of Selleck's playful charm than Hernandez does, and it shows how much better they could have done casting the reboot.

I had to laugh when Higgins said that after all of Magnum's help she thought he "deserved" to see a picture of Richard. It was a super awkward way of getting Richard's face on screen so we'll recognize him in a few weeks when he's Back From The Dead.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
22 minutes ago, fishcakes said:

They shouldn't have let Rick pretend to be Magnum in this episode because when Zachary Knighton said something like, "I'm a better Magnum than you are," he was right. He's got a lot more of Selleck's playful charm than Hernandez does, and it shows how much better they could have done casting the reboot.

I had to laugh when Higgins said that after all of Magnum's help she thought he "deserved" to see a picture of Richard. It was a super awkward way of getting Richard's face on screen so we'll recognize him in a few weeks when he's Back From The Dead.

I really love Hernandez in the role, so I am glad they went that way.  But a lot of that is because I am looking at it as a somewhat new series, and not so much compared to the older one.  But I know what you mean for those looking for something more similar.  I am more than happy, though :-)

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post

Tonite why was Higgins tagging along thru the whole investigation? When they talked to the sister they kept looking at each other with knowing glances at something that was said. Reminded me of Friday and Gannon on Dragnet. Plus Magnum called himself a private detective again. All that plus the continual music in every scene nonstop gets on my nerves. Sometimes less is more. Despite all that it wasn’t the worst episode ever because I like Perdita.;)

Share this post


Link to post

Overall I enjoyed this episode (I did miss the Sunday night episode which sounds good based on the comments, as it started late and my dvr didn't record the entire episode).  However, I continue to have the same nagging question-why is Higgins always working with Magnum?  This episode Magnum even said "we" when referencing the case (i.e. "we have a client").  Maybe the writers feel it helps the narrative as Magnum always has a reason to explain what he's doing (keeping his "partner" up to speed).  I liked that they brought the disabled veteran back as I appreciate continuity like that and it's good to see recognition of what so many veterans have experienced.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post

My problem with The Deceased episode is the timeline; I'm just having trouble buying, even in TV magic wave things away world, that the guy was killed 12 hours ago.  So in 12 hours TPTB managed to:  Police/Fire recover the body, Police/ME identifies the body, Police notifies next of kin, Someone notifies the guys attorneys, Attorney finds "mail in event of my death" envelope, Attorney mails or hand delivers said envelope, Envelope is waiting for Magnum when he wakes up that morning.  That's assuming it is morning and all this happened overnight going by the guys last (poisoned) dinner which could have been his lunch but then 12 hours later it wouldn't have been light out when Magnum got the envelope.  That is some fast moving work on everybody's part!   

I did like Katsumoto coming to the rescue.  As others have said he and Magnum need to call a truce and work together a bit.  Obviously Katsumoto believes him at least some of the time and he was willing to come to the mill on TC's say so that there was an SOS text from Magnum with no other details or context.  They need a little more of that, just a little balance would be nice.  But still his being part of the rescue was a good addition.  

So, Season 2 is a go - wondering when we'll get the inevitable Magnum/H5O crossover.   Anyone here old enough to remember the Magnum/Simon & Simon cross over on the original run?  Watched both shows at the time and was and still am a huge Gerald McRaney fan so that was one I remember well.  Despite the ret-con needed to forget the H5O team mentioned the TV show and sang the Magnum theme song in Kamekono's chopper that time it could make for an interesting two parter bringing the two groups together.  Actually I would love to see a scene between Higgins and Danny; a cargument between those two would be worth watching!

Edited by sigmaforce86
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

Sigh.  Seriously, Magnum.  Get a job at Burger King, or as a hula dancer at a luau, or become a male escort or something, but pay your friends back

Sheesh.

We're not talking a few bucks for a beer here and there, we're talking serious money like lost time for TC's business, fuel and repair costs, payroll etc.  Rick runs a business too, right?  More legit than the original!Rick as I recall...so Rick's got some expenses he needs compensation for.  Magnum lives rent-free, right?  Yet he habitually wrecks the Ferrari, or gets it shot up, or....?  Yeah.  The constantly scrambling for money and living while totally broke is supposed to be part of the canon, but this is so over the top that even the bestest of friends would have kicked him to the curb long ago.

As others have said, this $10K was the perfect opportunity for him to catch up and still donate a significant amount to charity.  He did the job.  He proved his client was murdered.  He proved who murdered him.  He proved why he was murdered.  So what if it didn't take very long?  Maybe he needs to change his fee schedule from hours worked to accomplishments achieved? 

More Katsumoto.  I love Tim Kang, I love his deadpan delivery, and those moments when he lets more personality spark out of those closely held characters.

Edited by HurricaneVal
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post

In general I've liked the most recent episodes since the holidays much better than the earlier ones.  They finally seem to be finding a way to showcase all the characters instead of having most of the episode focussed on Magnum and Higgins with the others only showing up for one or two scenes.  With that said, I agree with the others who don't understand exactly why Higgins is involved in every single case all the way through.  I would find her much more likable if her presence was scaled way back.  I also agree that the little touches of continuity are very nice.  In addition to bringing back Shammy there were references to a couple of other earlier episodes and it's good to see the writers paying attention to details like that.  If they continue doing more ensemble/teamwork stories I'll definitely be looking forward to season 2.

@alexa, thank you very much for the info on the song Made It Home.  The entire album, In Our Time, is available on YouTube and I suspect I'll end up purchasing it since I quite like several other songs on it.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

I  thought this episode was pretty good.  I agree that Magnum should have kept at least some of the money to pay his debts.  I had a problem with the criminal going to all the trouble to get the gun from behind the wall.  What are the chances a small gun would be found in the rubble after  the building is destroyed?    It would most likely never have been noticed.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
12 hours ago, ALenore said:

I  thought this episode was pretty good.  I agree that Magnum should have kept at least some of the money to pay his debts.  I had a problem with the criminal going to all the trouble to get the gun from behind the wall.  What are the chances a small gun would be found in the rubble after  the building is destroyed?    It would most likely never have been noticed.

But the criminal didn't know that. 

Personally, I wonder how likely it would have been that the gun, if noticed, wouldn't have just been taken home or sold at an auction, or in some other ways ended up in the hands of someone else (meaning no finger prints, or ways to trace it back to the original criminal).

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
4 hours ago, kirkola said:

the gun, if noticed, wouldn't have just been taken home or sold at an auction, or in some other ways ended up in the hands of someone else (meaning no finger prints, or ways to trace it back to the original criminal).

Yeah, if someone did find the gun, there's a good chance they wouldn't turn it into the police.  And even if they did, it would have probably been impossible to figure out which apartment it had come from.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
On 1/29/2019 at 9:48 AM, sigmaforce86 said:

.  

So, Season 2 is a go - wondering when we'll get the inevitable Magnum/H5O crossover.   Anyone here old enough to remember the Magnum/Simon & Simon cross over on the original run?  Watched both shows at the time and was and still am a huge Gerald McRaney fan so that was one I remember well.  Despite the ret-con needed to forget the H5O team mentioned the TV show and sang the Magnum theme song in Kamekono's chopper that time it could make for an interesting two parter bringing the two groups together.  Actually I would love to see a scene between Higgins and Danny; a cargument between those two would be worth watching!

I always thought Simon & Simon was a more consistent show, while original Magnum was  good with the more serious episodes and weaker in the relative comedic episodes. With Kamekona and Noelani already making regular appearances it feels like we are halfway there with the crossover. I would propose that instead of another SEAL reunion, even if that is the only way McGarrett would put up with a PI besides Dogg The Bounty Hunter maybe use H50's ex MI6 reoccurring character to make Higgins the link

I am not seeing the point of Auntie Kumu, except to have another Asian cast member . Especially after the flack over the Grace Park and Daniel Day Kim departures from 5-0

Share this post


Link to post
On 1/25/2019 at 5:54 PM, BW Manilowe said:

From TV Line: CBS Renews Magnum P.I. for a Second Season

Also renewed were FBI & The Neighborhood.

Good news. The ratings haven't been great, but they have to know that this is precisely the type of show that can dependably run forever on Friday whenever either Hawaii Five-O or Blue Bloods finally ends. 

On 1/31/2019 at 12:47 AM, Raja said:

 

I am not seeing the point of Auntie Kumu, except to have another Asian cast member . Especially after the flack over the Grace Park and Daniel Day Kim departures from 5-0

Well, you sort of answered your own question there. :) They went from having no Asian cast members to having two. That's likely something they felt was important, especially with the 5-0 issues (where they abruptly added, what, like, 16 Asian cast members to the show all at once to make up for Park and Kim's departure?). 

Share this post


Link to post
On 1/29/2019 at 12:48 PM, sigmaforce86 said:

I did like Katsumoto coming to the rescue.  As others have said he and Magnum need to call a truce and work together a bit.  Obviously Katsumoto believes him at least some of the time and he was willing to come to the mill on TC's say so that there was an SOS text from Magnum with no other details or context.  They need a little more of that, just a little balance would be nice.  But still his being part of the rescue was a good addition. 

One of my favorite games when I watch this show is see what reason they come up with in that given episode to have Katsumoto mad at Magnum. They obviously A. want Katsumoto to be irritated at Magnum constantly but they also realize B. that if Magnum keeps saving the day, it is hard for Katsumoto to stay irritated at him, so in each of the recent episodes (and I bet going forward the rest of the season), there is a line where Katsumoto says something like, "This is why I don't trust you" or "I was just getting to like you, but now you did this." Just something to make us know that Katsumoto is still irritated by Magnum. It's kind of cute how they always find a way to work it in there.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
On 1/29/2019 at 12:48 PM, sigmaforce86 said:

My problem with The Deceased episode is the timeline; I'm just having trouble buying, even in TV magic wave things away world, that the guy was killed 12 hours ago.  So in 12 hours TPTB managed to:  Police/Fire recover the body, Police/ME identifies the body, Police notifies next of kin, Someone notifies the guys attorneys, Attorney finds "mail in event of my death" envelope, Attorney mails or hand delivers said envelope, Envelope is waiting for Magnum when he wakes up that morning.  That's assuming it is morning and all this happened overnight going by the guys last (poisoned) dinner which could have been his lunch but then 12 hours later it wouldn't have been light out when Magnum got the envelope.  That is some fast moving work on everybody's part!   

I did like Katsumoto coming to the rescue.  As others have said he and Magnum need to call a truce and work together a bit.  Obviously Katsumoto believes him at least some of the time and he was willing to come to the mill on TC's say so that there was an SOS text from Magnum with no other details or context.  They need a little more of that, just a little balance would be nice.  But still his being part of the rescue was a good addition.  

So, Season 2 is a go - wondering when we'll get the inevitable Magnum/H5O crossover.  Anyone here old enough to remember the Magnum/Simon & Simon cross over on the original run?  Watched both shows at the time and was and still am a huge Gerald McRaney fan so that was one I remember well.  Despite the ret-con needed to forget the H5O team mentioned the TV show and sang the Magnum theme song in Kamekono's chopper that time it could make for an interesting two parter bringing the two groups together.  Actually I would love to see a scene between Higgins and Danny; a cargument between those two would be worth watching!

There was also a crossover with Murder She Wrote.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

I suspicion an upcoming trope: the reason Hannah can't kill Magnum will be explained when the reboot version of Lily Catherine is introduced.

So much trope.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

I thought The Day the Past Came Back (1 x 15) was another decent episode.  It feels like the tone of the show has changed lately and now they’re involving all the characters more instead of just focussing on Magnum and Higgins.  Plus we finally got to see what Rick was talking about in the third episode when he told Magnum that even though Hannah had hurt all of them, he and TC didn’t blame Magnum for it.  That’s some serious friendship there.  It was great seeing everyone working together to search for Magnum and it was nice that Magnum himself was actually competent and escaped from his kidnappers and then managed to stop Hannah from getting away with the gold.  

I just hope they’re not planning any sort of redemption arc for Hannah since it seems that ship has sailed, even if Magnum does still have some residual feelings for her.  I also wish they’d either cut down on the cgi or do it better - the tunnel explosion and truck crash were pretty obvious.

Oh, and Rick and TC’s kitchen karaoke at the beginning while in their uniforms was worth the price of admission to me.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, Rose Quartz said:

Oh, and Rick and TC’s kitchen karaoke at the beginning while in their uniforms was worth the price of admission to me.

Yes.  This was priceless, as well as Higgins's and Amy's delight at being serenaded,  and the whole spanx exchange.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, HurricaneVal said:

Yes.  This was priceless, as well as Higgins's and Amy's delight at being serenaded,  and the whole spanx exchange.

I forgot about TC asking to borrow Higgy's spanx but that conversation was also a thing of beauty.

Share this post


Link to post
3 hours ago, chitowngirl said:

I missed part of the climax. What happened to Hannah after the crash?

We don't know.  By the time Magnum got to the truck she was long gone, presumably so she can return to cause more problems in a future episode.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
12 hours ago, Rose Quartz said:

We don't know.  By the time Magnum got to the truck she was long gone, presumably so she can return to cause more problems in a future episode.

Can I be shallow and just say that I wish Jordana Brewster, the actress would put on a little weight?  She used to look so much better in her soap opera days....  She has been too skinny for a long time, and it distracts me when she is acting.  I think partly because she is very pretty, but much less so with being so thin in her face.  

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
On 2/19/2019 at 1:34 PM, kassygreene said:

I suspicion an upcoming trope: the reason Hannah can't kill Magnum will be explained when the reboot version of Lily Catherine is introduced.

So much trope.

I was thinking triple agent like Michelle. But between this and Hawaii 5-0 how does any HPD officers make it to retirement?

I wasn't expecting Mac version 1. Up to now Juliet had been doing what Mac 1, then Maggie did in the original show

Share this post


Link to post

I really enjoyed the episode about the murdered bank teller, Magnum and Higgins put up a good fight. No piece of furniture was safe when they were around. Didn't much like the B-story, I wonder if the show was really helping the injured vets and wanted a way to write off some of the contributions. Who puts 2 TVs on a table right next to each other.

Share this post


Link to post

Really enjoyed this episode.  Interesting twists regarding the murder that I did not anticipate.  I appreciated that Magnum's story to get out of jury duty led to his investigating the case and finding the murderer.

I felt that the resolution to the theft story line was a bit unearned.  But, I will admit that there were a few tears in my eyes when the vet received the home.  It warms my heart that this show features real vets and honors them for their service.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post

I liked this episode as well. I also noticed that the vet who got the house was on an episode of H5O when Steve and Danny flew to San Diego to tell him that they had captured the person who had injured him and killed his friends with a roadside bomb.

Since I watch both, it's fun to play "Hey, it's that guy!" 

I am glad this is coming back next year -- bring on the crossover!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

This episode (Black Widow) was my favorite of the season.  It was a great blend of humor, interactions of the characters, and solving the case.  Hopefully the writers and actors have settled into their roles/characters and will be able to maintain this balance moving forward.  I know that some episodes are more serious than others, but everything just seemed to come together very nicely.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post

Seacliffsal, I agree with you about this being a good episode.  I think the show has finally found its footing.  For the first few episodes I had a hard time disassociating the new Magnum from the original which I was a huge fan of when it was on TV in the 80's.  Now that I have gotten over that, I like the characters, and the scenery is to die for since I can now view it on an HD TV.   I was also a Tim Kang fan when he was on The Mentalist, and I love the part he plays on this series.       

Edited by laredhead
  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
6 hours ago, seacliffsal said:

This episode (Black Widow) was my favorite of the season.  It was a great blend of humor, interactions of the characters, and solving the case.  Hopefully the writers and actors have settled into their roles/characters and will be able to maintain this balance moving forward.  I know that some episodes are more serious than others, but everything just seemed to come together very nicely.

My favorite was the one before this one (Murder Is Never Quiet).  In "Black is the Widow", I thought Katsumoto was stupid to try to arrest the suspects alone, instead of following them and waiting for back-up. Not really feeling Magnum's potential new girlfriend.

Edit:

Also they didn't handcuff Katsumoto even though they show that handcuffs were available when they were used on the wife.

Edited by AnimeMania · Reason: Addition

Share this post


Link to post
19 minutes ago, laredhead said:

Seacliffsal, I agree with you about this being a good episode.  I think the show has finally found its footing.  For the first few episodes I had a hard time disassociating the new Magnum from the original which I was a huge fan of when it was on TV in the 80's.  Now that I have gotten over that, I like the characters, and the scenery is to die for since I can now view it on an HD TV.   I was also a Tim Kang fan when he was on The Mentalist, and I love the part he plays on this series.       

And I agree that it was hard to not compare the original cast from the new cast.  They were really tough shoes to fill.  But they have certainly found their places.  Though I'm still not sure how I feel about Higgins.  I like the actress well enough (she's doing a great job), but she still doesn't feel right to me.

Share this post


Link to post

I liked this episode, but they are laying it on with bricks with the "hey a romantic interest that isn't Higgins, gee I hope no kind of jealousy happens here" foreshadowing.

This show is fluff, I have gotten used to Magnum being an airhead, but the Lieutenant should have known better than to go to a suspects house THEN call for backup.

Share this post


Link to post

Who goes on a date with a guy with the profile that Magnum fabricated and then complains about....the type of guy she CHOSE TO GO OUT OF A DATE WITH? 

It'd be one thing if she wanted to expand her horizons, pick someone different from her, but she made it clear that that WASN'T what she was interested in, so why did she go out with him? 

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
17 hours ago, Brian Cronin said:

Who goes on a date with a guy with the profile that Magnum fabricated and then complains about....the type of guy she CHOSE TO GO OUT OF A DATE WITH? 

Yeah, that's very suspicious that she'd agree to the date. I guess that's sorta why Magnum suspected her. But I'm annoyed that he didn't pounce on that other date earlier when she mentioned the daughter and later also showed up with his missing phone. He should have checked her out, but he was all obsessed about the other suspect.

I didn't like this episode as much as last week's.

Share this post


Link to post
On 3/5/2019 at 11:51 AM, AnimeMania said:

My favorite was the one before this one (Murder Is Never Quiet).  In "Black is the Widow", I thought Katsumoto was stupid to try to arrest the suspects alone, instead of following them and waiting for back-up. Not really feeling Magnum's potential new girlfriend.

Edit:

Also they didn't handcuff Katsumoto even though they show that handcuffs were available when they were used on the wife.

No time for backup!

A missing cop with HPD on the phone mounted all resources including 5-0 you would think. But after Juliet finds a location they wait until Rick can get his rifle and they can drive to the docks themselves.

As for Abigail. She will either stick, maybe even as a Higgins friend/rival or disappear like the other legacy characters dropped  after the pilot.

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×