Type keyword(s) to search

Spoilers and Speculation

• Start Topic

I think of TWD as Rick and Carl's story (with Judith), and everyone else exists to help them survive and make it to their final destination. I now also think of Michonne as part of their story, and I believe she'll go with them and help them create/rule/maintain a society somewhere. I think the show could still go on without killing off Rick, Michonne and Carl, but just leaving them where they decide to settle. When I came into this show, that's what I thought the goal was (I don't read the comics); I'm not sure I would have started watching if I thought Rick had to die to finish his journey. I hate when writers believe the only way to end a significant character's story is with his/her death.

I also can't see how TWD would work without Rick. Each character looks to him for guidance, direction. They trust him with their lives. As far a this season's big death - I'm also still leaning toward Glenn.

• Love 6

I am still inclined to think that Glenn will not be killed as he is the only Asian character on the show. Rick is also safe since he is the hero and nobody kills the hero because otherwise there will be no show. TWD is no exception as it is a AMC network program and I am pretty sure the AMC execs will want to protect and milk their cash cow for as long as they can. So I predict the season will end as a cliffhanger right when Negan swings Lucille at somebody, and we won't see who is actually killed until the season 7 premiere. And the person killed will turn out to be a secondary supporting character like Spencer, Tobin, Heath, Morgan or Abraham. No woman or child will be Lucilled and Micchonne, Rick, Carl and Judith will live until the very end.

Edited by Mattipoo

I think that TWD is Rick's story - how he adapts, how he survives. Because of that, I think that Rick is around for a long time. He may not make it to the final episode of the final season but he isn't departing any time soon (unless, of course, AL wants out). Towards the end, I envision that Rick and his little family (Carl, Judith, Michonne) will be living and thriving in a community. Rick's role in this story is to start society once again. He has experienced a lot of "false starts" in this regard and, with Negan's arrival, it appears that another one is coming.  

With that in mind, Rick isn't meeting Lucille. I'm still not 100% convinced that Gimple & the Gang are risk-takers and will kill Daryl or Glenn. Abraham is a possibility but why change-up his death from the comics if he was due to die anyway? I fear for Aaron because he seems to be emerging from the sidelines at the wrong time.

As far as the cliffhanger ending...if I had to guess, I'd say that we will be waiting until October to learn the identity of Negan's victim.

Edited by Ellaria Sand
  • Love 4

I don't usually read spoilers, but I came across these against my better wishes (grrrr) and oh boy, if they're true, that's the most short-sighted move I've even seen, from a promotional point of view. That means that they won't be able to tease/promote/hype anything regarding Rick, Daryl, Michonne, Carl, Glenn OR Maggie, and that's like 80% of their main cast; the trailer for season 7 will have to be only Carol, Morgan, Sasha and Judith, with some Negan in complete isolation; the only hook for the next season will be who got the bat, and once that question is answered, there's literally only scraps left. It won't be just jumping the shark (again), and complete creative bankruptcy for which they'll rightly be raked over the coals by any critic, but also promotional suicide. I really really hope it won't play out like that, because that's a really shitty way to treat not only their fans, but their own cast and marketing department too. Just layer upon layer of bullshit, all the way down, and they'll have to stop pretending that the show is anything but the cheapest, most manipulative soap opera in apocalyptic setting.

I hope this post will turn out to be completely pointless and premature, but I needed to vent. Sorry.

I completely agree. I haven't even watched the past 3 episodes, and don't plan to. I just come here to see what happens. It really is a post apocalyptic soap opera.

If they end on a cliffhanger their promos are going to be limited to "who dies, who survives" while flashing everyone's face from the line-up.  They're going to milk that until the cow runs dry.  Poor cow.

But, thanks to filming spoilers, we probably won't have to wait until October.  They usually start filming in May and unless they plan to film everything in a dark room and sequester the actors for five months, the spoiler ninjas will likely be able to narrow things down.

The more I think about it the more I think they spared Abraham because, as with Hershel getting Tyreese's death, they knew viewers wouldn't have much reaction to him dying at this point, and that that's the only major change, with Glenn still dying. And all the fakeouts and shifts are just trying to distract from what is obvious to a lot of people. I guess we'll see. If so I hope they realize some of the fakeouts just took away some of the impact to come...

I completely agree. I haven't even watched the past 3 episodes, and don't plan to. I just come here to see what happens. It really is a post apocalyptic soap opera.

I feel like the last 3 episodes have been some of their least soap opera-ish in a while.

• Love 1

With his speech in the woods about the meaning of life, I think that the odds of Glenn being Lucille's victim just increased. And since Daryl got his fake-out death tonight, it's unlikely that he will die next week...or whenever it is they actually show it.

• Love 2

There's a mention of a Morgan speech about life being precious, so maybe this is the speech that prompts Rick to leave Morgan alone to find Carol.

It was even more horrible than I could have imagined.  It's the scene that will give me nightmares.

• Love 1

Most of the characters are all embarking on new lives and/or loves so it is hard to figure out who will die, I am still leaning towards Abraham. The only reason that I don't think Glenn is because I just cannot believe that they will go with the comic death for Glenn. Plus, I expect that the Saviors will somehow get into Alexandria so someone will die early next season also.

Edited by SimoneS

There appear to be two sneak peeks for the episode. One aired during TD and had Gabriel promising to protect Judith. The other has Morgan finding a horse with a saddle and bridle (that's it, that's the clip). Morgan gets a pony!

Now that we know Lucille is making her appearance next week, the only question left is who is going to play the baseball?  Not feeling too good about Glenn  especially right now, but Daryl is another strong possibility.

(edited)

There appear to be two sneak peeks for the episode. One aired during TD and had Gabriel promising to protect Judith. The other has Morgan finding a horse with a saddle and bridle (that's it, that's the clip). Morgan gets a pony!

Hmm...

I know the actors have to hype it all, but I can't help wondering if the actors commenting about how disturbing and upsetting the finale is, plus the OTT, clumsy buildup of Rick assuming they will be fine, means that Judith will die. Either that or Gabriel is killed protecting her and Negan takes her. 

I also wonder if Spencer is going to betray them for Rosita, or something. Doesn't he betray them in the comics (but in that case to avenge his family)?

Edited by Pete Martell

I still get Terminus vibes. You have our people lined up. A baseball bat is used to kill. And then there's Carol!!!!!

Certainly, the show wouldn't have her (and Morgan) come to the rescue a la Terminus?

But if not, how will our people get away from Negan? Will he let them slither on home to Alex., carrying the dead body? I don't think Negan would be that stupid. Even after demoralizing them with such a graphic murder, he should recognize that they are a killing force, even if he takes all their weapons.

[i'm not saying this to suggest that someone doesn't get killed. One of our people will almost certainly die via bat.]

• Love 3
Okay, I’ve read The Walking Dead comics. I know what happens when Negan arrives. Will the show go the same route? — Chris

I’ll let EP Gale Anne Hurd take this one: “We always change things up, one way or another, and I don’t think this is going to be any different,” she says. “But we are always inspired by the comic books, and I think fans of the comics will not be disappointed — but I don’t know that they’ll be able to figure it out entirely beforehand.” Suffice it to say, Jeffrey Dean Morgan will make quite an impression when he arrives. “Whatever you’re thinking, it is going to be not only bigger, but more wicked,” Hurd adds. “Jeffrey Dean Morgan is not only a fantastic actor, but he’s larger than life. And what can you say? He’s also got Lucille.”

Spoiler Room: Scoop on The Flash, Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D., Walking Dead, and more

BY NATALIE ABRAMS • March 25 2016 — 12:49 PM EDT

http://www.ew.com/article/2016/03/25/spoiler-room-flash-agents-shield-walking-dead-spoilers?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+entertainmentweekly%2Ftv%2Fcoverage+(Entertainment+Weekly%2FEW.com%27s%3A+TV)

I think of TWD as Rick and Carl's story (with Judith), and everyone else exists to help them survive and make it to their final destination. I now also think of Michonne as part of their story, and I believe she'll go with them and help them create/rule/maintain a society somewhere. I think the show could still go on without killing off Rick, Michonne and Carl, but just leaving them where they decide to settle. When I came into this show, that's what I thought the goal was (I don't read the comics); I'm not sure I would have started watching if I thought Rick had to die to finish his journey. I hate when writers believe the only way to end a significant character's story is with his/her death.

I also can't see how TWD would work without Rick. Each character looks to him for guidance, direction. They trust him with their lives. As far a this season's big death - I'm also still leaning toward Glenn.

I agree with ALL of your comments.

This Story is Rick's Story. The Story is Carl's Story as well. And, during this surrealistic process, Judith and Michonne, also, have become intrinsic materials used in constructing the threads of this Tapestry.

I may like(some moreso...) other members of CDB, but ridding TWD of Rick, of Carl, of Michonne ❔ Nuh Uh.

• Love 3

I have the sick feeling that next week it's going to be worse than when the Viper met the Mountain in Game of Thrones.  Not looking forward to that.

Rick dies only in the last episode -- where it was revealed that this was all just a coma-induced dream.

Actually I would have him wake up and see Daryl, Carol, and Michonne sitting by his bed smiling at him, and The Governor walking past his hospital window and waving hello.  And Rick saying, "There were undead everywhere, and we had to fight cannibals and Saviors.  And you killed people and burned their bodies Carol, and you killed a kid.  And you had this katana, Michonne, and were like something out of Kill Bill.  And you had this crossbow, Daryl, and could shoot things with it faster than with an automatic rifle.  And Lori had a baby, and then died.  And Coral lost an eye.  And the whole time I just kept thinking, I want to get home, there's no place like home."  And they all nod and smile patronizingingly, "Oh sure, Rick, it was just like you say."  Like the scene where Dorothy wakes up in The Wizard of Oz.

Edited by Dobian
  • Love 7

RIP Herschel Jr.! I knew the writers wouldn't add another baby to the cast.

Maggie and Glenn's scene in the shower was touching, especially when anguished Glenn sees Maggie's badly bruised body. Glenn's parting glance of Maggie in the rear view mirror does not bode well for him.

The writers are doing a great job of making us guess who Negan's iconic victim will be:

Michonne ate the forbidden fruit by munching the apple while enjoying happy early morning cuddle time with Rick- his partners have not fared well so far!

Abraham is getting a death edit with his remarks to Sonja about 30 years not being enough time and commiserating with Rick about the fears of connecting again.

Daryl has been my top contender, mostly because NR sold his beloved rural home in Georgia and moved to a rental apartment.

• Love 1

Great article. I share the author's opinion on much of the issues raised, especially the statement "the idea of more human-on-human warfare is exhausting." Still, I understand the show that I am watching: these characters exist in a violent, often nihilistic world. I also know that having our characters bake cookies or farm vegetables isn't going to engage the majority of TWD viewers. Honestly, they tried that approach to some extent and it wasn't particularly compelling. I care about these characters but I don't know that I want to watch the majority of them die horribly. Regardless of how this season ends, I'm not sure that I will be watching next year.

I don't intend this as a criticism of the show. I am tired of the brutality.

Edited by Ellaria Sand
  • Love 7

I still feel that Rosita will die.  I think that's the only reason for the OTT break up scene.  So her death would not only advance Daryl's man pain story, but Abraham's as well.

I feel like I've seen an interview where AL seemed excited about the prospect of a Rick death.  I think the only two people who are 100% safe, are Rick and Carl.  Rick has survived Judith's "death" once before, but I think it's Carl who keeps him sane.  But I do think that Rick will pass the leadership on to Carl, and he will do this by dying.  I think AL relishes the thought of a good death scene, and that's not an insult.  Carl has been called a John Connor character, and I agree.  Carl can survive Rick's death, especially if Judith and many of the original CDB survive as well.

• Love 1

Long time lurker, first time poster (I think). According to IMDB, both Dale and Hershel are credited as appearing in the season finale. 

Really?!  That's fantastic!

So. . .come toward the light, Glen.

• Love 8

Long time lurker, first time poster (I think). According to IMDB, both Dale and Hershel are credited as appearing in the season finale. 

Really?!  That's fantastic!

I would take IMDb with a grain of salt. It's user updated so you can never be sure that information is correct until verified by more reputable sites or the show airs

• Love 3

Use caution with IMDB because anyone can update it; hard to know whether it is correct or not. That said, it also lists Juan Gabriel Pareja (Morales from S1) as appearing in 6.16.

But, assuming that the cast list IS correct, then, yes, Glenn will be moving toward the light.

Edited by Ellaria Sand
  • Love 1

Now that we know Lucille is making her appearance next week, the only question left is who is going to play the baseball?  Not feeling too good about Glenn  especially right now, but Daryl is another strong possibility.

Daryl has been my top contender, mostly because NR sold his beloved rural home in Georgia and moved to a rental apartment.

I was wondering if NR had ever bought himself another place.

Of course, a lot could depend on exactly WHY he sold the old place. If Reedus got rid of a place he loved because pestering fans kept invading his privacy, I doubt he'd be advertising any new acquisitions.

• Love 3

I know the actors have to hype it all, but I can't help wondering if the actors commenting about how disturbing and upsetting the finale is, plus the OTT, clumsy buildup of Rick assuming they will be fine, means that Judith will die. Either that or Gabriel is killed protecting her and Negan takes her. 

I wondered that too.  They've been hitting the Gabriel as Judith's protector anvil pretty hard so I would not be surprised if, along with one of the adults in the line-up, that Judith (and Gabriel) end up killed too.  Which is sad because Gabriel has earned his keep as far as I'm concerned and I'd like him to stick around for a while.

Edited by GreyBunny
  • Love 1

I don't know if it was here, or a different site, but someone said Beth Kinney had also been listed as a cast member for 6.16 and that was their proof the death would be Daryl. Again, people pointed out IMDB is not a good source for stuff like this.

After last night's episode, it's clear the writers are opening up the possibility for anyone to be Negan's victim.

I thought the Glenn and Maggie anvils were very strong and wonder if that means they are safe. I won't be surprised if Maggie loses her baby, though. The bruises on her back were pretty bad. But it was Maggie's overall sadness that made her life/Glenn's life/their baby life seem in danger. 

I also have a strong feeling we'll lose more than one person next week. I think we'll lose someone like Rosita, Aaron, Abe or Sasha first. And then one of the main people. 

• Love 3

With his speech in the woods about the meaning of life, I think that the odds of Glenn being Lucille's victim just increased.

And the shot of Maggie in the rear view mirror as he drove away. Right then I figured Glenn is toast.

Damn it.

• Love 1

The article from the Washington Post (linked above) is definitely on to something.   TWD is kind of on a slippery slope at this point.  It's still enormously popular, of course, despite a bit of a decline in ratings.  But how long can it go on the way it is going?  Although it is interesting and exciting whenever a new villain is introduced, at some point it gets a bit tiresome, like "Here we go again.  How bad is this one going to be?"  And then there is the "Oh, there goes Carol, killing everyone and escaping death once again"; "There's Glenn, cheating death once again"; "There's the gang, forced out of their homes and on the road once again," etc., etc. 

At the same time, I don't want to watch a whole season of people just sitting around, gardening, cooking, playing cards, cleaning or pondering the meaning of life.  Some other viewers don't like the fact that several characters are now partnering up and finding love or companionship.   If the show kills off too many of the main characters, fans get upset and say it's not necessary for people to die every season.  If they kill off too many of the 'what was his name again?' kinds of redshirt characters, then it's very anticlimactic and hardly anyone cares. 

So I hope that everyone behind the show has some sort of idea of when the series is going to end -- like a specific number of seasons they want to shoot for, and then wrap it up.  I hope the show is not going to be run into the ground and dragged on and on just because the ratings are still good.  True Blood was a good show for its first few seasons, and then it stayed too long at the party and was just nonsense by the time it ended.  I'd hate to see TWD become like that, where the viewers are almost begging for it to end.

I don't like the human-on-human brutality at all -- and I am squeamish, so I always look away when something too graphic is about to be shown.  That's why I am hanging around, waiting for Negan/Lucille spoilers.  If info leaks out that says that so-and-so gets his head bashed in and his eyes pop out of his skull, I will know to look away or cover my eyes until it's over!!

Edited by Sherry67
  • Love 6

Never mind fans rioting if Daryl gets killed. Never mind the internet breaking if they kill Glenn or Maggie/Gleggie.

I am going to be SERIOUSLY PISSED if they kill off another Buttons.

• Love 5

I don't know if it was here, or a different site, but someone said Beth Kinney had also been listed as a cast member for 6.16 and that was their proof the death would be Daryl. Again, people pointed out IMDB is not a good source for stuff like this.

Z Nation had an episode called White Light, where every single main character had some type of near death experience, (light, flashbacks, out of body, etc), yet only one died all the way.  So maybe everyone is going to see stuff.  And thangs.

• Love 2
(edited)
Now we are faced with a bombastic presidential front-runner whose appeal to the hordes in flyover country feels to some observers like yet another end-of-the-world scenario — inexplicable and unstoppable and ripe for allusions to “The Walking Dead.” I promise you, someone will write a Donald Trump/“Walking Dead” think piece, if they haven’t already. Zombies have a way of becoming whatever you need them to be, metaphorically.

He must have read that hacky Andrew Lincoln interview in The Guardian...

Edited by Pete Martell

I probably would not survive Rick's death.

^ For me, also. ^

I do possess a decent awareness of the content of Kirkman's extremely graphic Graphic Novel. The Novel's setting is a vicious slaughterhouse virtually devoid of literary aspects never mind any deeper broader reflections. Superficial plotlines, caricature of character, over and beyond many-formed violence is not simply inherent within the novel, it IS "the walking dead" novel.

So with THIS⤴ awareness, my desire for The TeeVee Show to present a more expansive Character and World Development and, admittedly, a certain amount and level of creative violence is always wanting. Therefore, my participation in the program has fluctuated and continues to do so.

Despite feelings of disappointment and 'if wishes were fishes' many a time, I lobby minimal criticism because for American network television it's better than quite a few programs. And, because...

However, should Rick, Carl, or Michonne 'disappear' then, sadly, I guess it's too bad for me.

ETA: Many lead television series actors wish for a definitive glorious death upon exiting(willingly or not) a program. It usually forestalls another actor supplanting the role with possible increased acclaim, and, oft times, renders a bit of legendary status upon the outgoing actor.

Edited by BookElitist
  • Love 1
(edited)

At the same time, I don't want to watch a whole season of people just sitting around, gardening, cooking, playing cards, cleaning or pondering the meaning of life.  Some other viewers don't like the fact that several characters are now partnering up and finding love or companionship.   If the show kills off too many of the main characters, fans get upset and say it's not necessary for people to die every season.  If they kill off too many of the 'what was his name again?' kinds of redshirt characters, then it's very anticlimactic and hardly anyone cares. 

So I hope that everyone behind the show has some sort of idea of when the series is going to end -- like a specific number of seasons they want to shoot for, and then wrap it up.  I hope the show is not going to be run into the ground and dragged on and on just because the ratings are still good.  True Blood was a good show for its first few seasons, and then it stayed too long at the party and was just nonsense by the time it ended.  I'd hate to see TWD become like that, where the viewers are almost begging for it to end.

It's a no-win situation for the show, because when they weren't killing off anyone, they were criticized. If they do kill off someone, they'll be criticized. Some fans will only be happy if Daryl, Carol, Rick, Judith, Carl, Michonne, and maybe Glenn and Maggie are kept and everyone else is slaughtered and no new characters are brought in, and even that many is pushing it. Then some fans, like me, get the itch to quit watching when new characters are brought in just for pointless, premature slaughter. 

Every show has a shelf life, and this show lasting at least 7, 8 seasons is pretty amazing when you think of its difficult early years. And even though Stargate ran for 10-11 years with a large-ish cast, that was more of an anomaly. I used to think the show could run a while longer than 7-8 seasons, but the need to hit the same theme over and over and over again, and badly damage Morgan (a great character) in the process, combined with the clumsiness of episodes like this last one, the clunkiness of stories I do think they needed to tell (like Carol's breakdown) - it makes me wonder if the show can ever get over its narrative weaknesses for good. Maybe it's expecting too much for that to happen. If it weren't for the times the show does pull itself together (as it did for me after the awful end of season 3, the dregs of late season 5, etc.) it would be easier for me to accept it and go. 

I think some of the best at TWD in terms of writing would be best off in a play of the week genre, if that genre still existed, as some of the strongest episodes usually seem self-contained ("The Next World" and "The Same Boat" most recent in that).

Edited by Pete Martell
  • Love 3

After last night's episode, it's clear the writers are opening up the possibility for anyone to be Negan's victim.

I thought the Glenn and Maggie anvils were very strong and wonder if that means they are safe. I won't be surprised if Maggie loses her baby, though. The bruises on her back were pretty bad. But it was Maggie's overall sadness that made her life/Glenn's life/their baby life seem in danger.

I also have a strong feeling we'll lose more than one person next week. I think we'll lose someone like Rosita, Aaron, Abe or Sasha first. And then one of the main people.

I, too, think we'll see someone die early on. (Rosita? And Daryl will hate himself, and Dwight, even more. And, maybe, Daryl will kill Dwight somewhere in the episode.) Then, there will be the biggie death that I am willing to bet we won't learn the identity of until next season. Edited by JackONeill

Shit❗ Aargh and Damnit❗ Feckin'...❗

It's gonna be Darryl isn't it? Isn't it ⁉

The virtual non-storyline all season, the shockingly pointed 'death may come upon you at any time' of Darryl's somewhat buddy--when that death was meant for him, his REAL-life moving hearth and home, Norman Reedus' NEW tv show,...!!!!

_____

...or will it be RICK !? Rick in the finale recalling all of 'his people' who have died (*me* SCREAMING[!] in horror)[?].

Edited by BookElitist
Dobian, on 28 Mar 2016 - 11:53 AM, said:

I have the sick feeling that next week it's going to be worse than when the Viper met the Mountain in Game of Thrones.  Not looking forward to that.

Actually I would have him wake up and see Daryl, Carol, and Michonne sitting by his bed smiling at him, and The Governor walking past his hospital window and waving hello.  And Rick saying, "There were undead everywhere, and we had to fight cannibals and Saviors.  And you killed people and burned their bodies Carol, and you killed a kid.  And you had this katana, Michonne, and were like something out of Kill Bill.  And you had this crossbow, Daryl, and could shoot things with it faster than with an automatic rifle.  And Lori had a baby, and then died.  And Coral lost an eye.  And the whole time I just kept thinking, I want to get home, there's no place like home."  And they all nod and smile patronizingingly, "Oh sure, Rick, it was just like you say."  Like the scene where Dorothy wakes up in The Wizard of Oz.

Then everybody stands around him in circle applauding and saying "congratulations".  And there's a penguin there.  And a polar bear.

• Love 2

I think it could even go on with other characters if they cast really good and charismatic new actors that they don't afflict with bad storytelling (like with most of the Alexandrians). I mean, let's face it, they aren't really doing an awful lot with most of the characters in the first place. This show mostly survives on shock, gore, the excitement of life/death stakes and the inherent likability of the actors. The discussion on most boards is not on what characters should do next or whom they are with, it's mostly about who is going to bite it. There is only a little bit of discussion about moral issues or relationships compared to character death discussions. Compare that to Lost where people discussed everything from mythology to character relationships and backstories - and not just who will die.

That's been my impression of this whole series.  It's very plot/action driven, not so much character driven.  That's fine, it's just like you say, very different from Lost where you learned about those characters inside and out.  And the more mundane aspects of survival take a back seat to the latest human or walker threat.  You'll never see an episode of Walking Dead focused on getting a tractor working or solving a crop rotation problem.

• Love 5

I think it could even go on with other characters if they cast really good and charismatic new actors that they don't afflict with bad storytelling (like with most of the Alexandrians). I mean, let's face it, they aren't really doing an awful lot with most of the characters in the first place. This show mostly survives on shock, gore, the excitement of life/death stakes and the inherent likability of the actors. The discussion on most boards is not on what characters should do next or whom they are with, it's mostly about who is going to bite it. There is only a little bit of discussion about moral issues or relationships compared to character death discussions. Compare that to Lost where people discussed everything from mythology to character relationships and backstories - and not just who will die.

I think the "who will die" talk has ramped up because of the Negan story, but before then there was a lot of talk about relationships. It's just that, as some have mentioned, the show focus is often more on romantic entanglements than friendships and family bonds. I hope that can change. I think with moral issues that's become more of a discussion topic, but knowing how evil Negan is has muted that somewhat. 

Sometimes I wonder how I might feel about the characters or episodes if I didn't know anything about Negan. 

• Love 2

Re the article

I'm sorry but I do have to laugh when people are like NO MORE DEATH in a post-apocalpytic story.  I mean honestly, what did they think was gonna happen?

Don't forget IMDB can be edited by anyone with an account.

Edited by catrox14
  • Love 2

Lots of shade being thrown IMDB's way --- but it's not easy to edit IMDB.  Submissions do not appear instantly and they verify with proof of credit.  Take into consideration that with union rules, if the (former) cast member is shown during the "previously on" or a flashback - they get a credit/$ for that (Thanks to Crispin Glover/Back to the Future 2).  They pay their agents and managers to ensure that.  Often it is the lowly staff at the agent's/management's office adding submissions to IMDB.  A few years ago, that was my good friend's job. 

Edited by CofCinci
  • Love 3

Many of the sections at IMDb are open-user; I've submitted trivia, goofs, summaries, reviews, etc. for twelve years. (Get a "Like" option on the boards already, damn it!)   But it's not a Wikipedian free-for-all.  If it were, some of those idiots would have Seymour Butts starring in every production.

• Love 5

Re the article

I'm sorry but I do have to laugh when people are like NO MORE DEATH in a post-apocalpytic story.  I mean honestly, what did they think was gonna happen?

I am convinced that a lot of media critics and some fans want to take what is unique about TWD and turn it the typical stale tv drama where no one dies or suffers in any meaningful way. I am always struck how they act like a character's death is some personal vendetta by the writers against them. I find some of the deaths traumatizing. Hershel, Lori, TDog, and Noah's death still haunt me, but I keep watching even though I know that other characters that I care about might die because I think that this is one of the best shows ever on tv and it entertains the crap out of me every week. 

I think the "who will die" talk has ramped up because of the Negan story, but before then there was a lot of talk about relationships. It's just that, as some have mentioned, the show focus is often more on romantic entanglements than friendships and family bonds. I hope that can change. I think with moral issues that's become more of a discussion topic, but knowing how evil Negan is has muted that somewhat.

I certainly hope that the show doesn't stop emphasizing romances and intimate relationships. I think that all the love stories and couples on the show are meaningful in one way or the other. I feel like the writers have finally reached a point where the characters have balanced lives in their nihilistic world. Rick loving Michonne doesn't mean that he loves Carl or Judith any less or that those bonds are not important. What is the point of surviving in that brutal world without the possibility of sharing love and passion with another person?

Edited by SimoneS
  • Love 3