Type keyword(s) to search

Spoilers and Speculation

• Start Topic

1 minute ago, Anela said:

I'm not even curious about the helicopter.

You don’t have to be; the current writing is so unoriginal, we can already make a pretty decent guess about what it does (or will) mean.  Something along these lines:

——————————————

Although it hasn’t made itself known since the ZV outbreak, an operative chunk of the pre-ZA federal government infrastructure - upper Exec branch administrative, most likely, with portions of DHS and DOD thrown in for good fascist measure - was able to get underground and remain intact throughout the most cataclysmic years of the ZA.  They’re now looking to emerge from their bunkers and reassert control over what’s left of the U. S., but they recognize the natives might not be so willing to fall back in line under a government which essentially collapsed and bailed on them in a crisis.  The remnant government is therefore currently engaged in intelligence-gathering: putting innocuous-appearing groups of psy-op contractors (GPKs for sure, possibly Georgie and her crew as well) on the ground in hotspot activity areas to evaluate population clusters and group dynamics, inventory remaining resources, and cull potential leaders/troublemakers from the survivor population for study/incarceration/both.  The increased helicopter activity indicates we’re approaching the point where USA v2.0 is ready to emerge from its cocoon, march forth from its bunkers, and re-establish control over what’s left of its constituency - and there’s little doubt their takeover will be of the friendly sort.  Standard post-apocalypse trope indicates such “new, improved” governments rarely concern themselves with such fripperies as civil rights, and rely instead on a military-backed assertion of a martial law - and far be it from THIS writing crew to fail to follow form.  CDB got steamrollered when it encountered a group which (unbeknownst to CDB) was much larger, better armed, and better organized; the same is about to be true for ALL the settlements, on an exponentially greater scale.

In the current TWD story line we’re seeing a resurgence of the pre-war battle lines, with the Savior remnant playing the role of Generic Mean Ol’ Bad Boys Aligned Against Everyone Else; they’re fractious, they want to reassert their pre-war dominance over the other groups, but (relatively speaking) they’re poorly armed - a deposed bully unwilling to accept its dethronement.  I see the Saviors being set up for CDB-like treatment on a first-contact scenario with the nuUSA group: an initial encounter, a poorly thought-out Savior first strike against the “newcomers” - which they assume will go their way, as all such previous skirmishes have - and an unexpected and overwhelming military (or military-style) response which obliterates the Saviors as an independent entity in the ensuing power struggle.  The story line will then transition into a resistance story, with the Alexandria/Hilltop/Kingdom alliance (along with a few “good” Savior survivors) becoming the plucky rebels fighting against the fascist militaristic Empire which is nuUSA.  

Reckon Daryl gets to be Han Solo?

——————————————

Ok - there it is, published and time stamped for the world to see well in advance of any revelation by either AMC or TWD Production.  If the story line goes this way, they now owe me royalties.  :>

Copyright © 2018, Nashville.  ;)

• Love 6
23 hours ago, JackONeill said:

On another unrelated point, I'm pretty sure Jeffrey Dean Morgan mentioned on TTD, sort of under his breath, that TPTB let his charcter—Negan—become too big (can't remember the precise words) the last two seasons. Interesting. Even he knows it.

I didn't hear the entire interview (mostly bc I have such a problem with accepting JDM as a relevant part of the show) but I thought he also mentioned that the show took too long to develop his character. Like, dude? You opened with whistling and bashing Abraham & Glenn's heads. There was never a character to develop and I don't care how many times AMC tries to tell me otherwise.

18 hours ago, AngelaHunter said:

Okay, so one thing they still know how to do on this show is make the momentum grind to a screeching halt and bore the audience so badly that by the time they get back to whatever action is happening and after a mind-numbingly huge stretch of idiotic commercials, we no longer remember or care what's going on.

This has become really problematic. Although admittedly I don't like where the show is going, they have newer characters and it's difficult to gauge the tension when the show cuts away for an episode and a half and I have to go to IMDB to see if I'm supposed to remember who anyone is.

16 hours ago, mightysparrow said:

I can't tell you how sick the thought makes me.  And I'd love to be proven wrong.  But I can't see them taking Michonne anywhere else.  The second Michonne mentioned Andre to Negan, all to get him to EAT A FUCKING SANDWICH, I knew she was doomed.  The loss of Andre drove Michonne mad with grief.  But now were supposed to believe that fucking Rick Grimes and raising HIS children has removed all the pain and grief of losing Andre away and she's able to talk about him with a psychopath.  Hell, not only has Michonne gotten over the loss of Andre, it appears that she'd gotten over the loss of Carl too.  Remember Carl, the kid that brought her back?

2 hours ago, Ohwell said:

I've never read the comics but was Michonne supposed to be iconic?  Because what I've seen on tv is that Michonne is no saint, never has been.  She's one of the main characters but I never saw anything that special about her.

2 hours ago, JackONeill said:

What's sad and scary is that once Rick's gone, that'll leave us with only Daryl and Carol from the first season. Michonne, though seemingly in the top tier, joined the crowd in Season 3. Now maybe she has the chops (no pun intended) to lead, but frankly I haven't seen it. Or, at least, I haven't been overwhelmed by it. Sure she's a warrior, but can she lead. She didn't seem to be able to handle Negan. (Not that Rick could, either)

Yeah, Michonne was the one right from the start who knew exactly what the Governor was. And once she settled in at Alexandria she had an appreciation for what Deanna was trying to get done. She's smarter than this.

That being said, I feel less alone here bc other than those 2 plot turns and her relationships with Andrea & Carl, I've never thought the show knew what to do with Michonne after they gave her such a memorable entrance. Danai had a great (non-romantic) chemistry with Riggs that she doesn't really have with any other actor on TWD (certainly not AL), and Michonne & Carl's friendship had turned into more of a familial relationship before she paired up with his dad. Their bond (rather than focusing on Negan) would have been a better building block for this apparently unavoidable decades-spanning, multi-show TWD universe that absolutely NONE OF US ASKED FOR.

1 hour ago, Anela said:

I wasn't keen on Shane, so I can't believe he's the one reason that I would tune in, if I decided to watch on Sunday. I hated the love triangle, and the fact that he was all over Lori and not leaving her alone (almost forcing himself on her that one time), killed an innocent man to get away from walkers, but I actually miss his character (compared to Negan). 

I mean, Negan is making some of us miss the Governor. We are not of our right minds in this time. 

Truth be told I will be over the moon to see Shane. He was an angry guy who was loyal to but envious of his best friend and when the ZA came along it did not bring out the best of him. But there was a story there. And what to do about Shane became one of the first big moral debates on the show. And Jon Bernthal could play real frustration and rage. No whistling or phallic symbols wrapped in barbed wire needed. 

• Love 13

With all his faults, shortcomings, unpredictable behavior and inconsistency's I still think Rick deserves a hero's send off. I'm going to miss him. I said that about most of the characters who died but this show will not be the same without him. At least not for me  

• Love 12
2 hours ago, mightysparrow said:

Very well said.  What's makes me angriest is I believe that Michonne is doing this because it's what RICK wants, not what she wants.  

Well, they're trying to make us believe it's because it's what Carl wanted.  But he would never want that, so it just makes him AND Rick AND Michonne all seem ridiculous.

Michonne isn't living her own life; that's why she's going out at night to kill walkers.  Michonne was never 'some man's woman' even before the ZA, as we saw in her flashback.  Now she's living another woman's life.  In fact, she's living ANDREA'S life because Andrea is the one who ends up with Rick in the comics.  It's not a good fit which is why we see Michonne betraying her own nature to make some guy, who isn't worthy of her, happy.

Another reason this patchwork doesn't work.  Andrea is another character they foolishly killed off (the first one, I guess, and also for behind the scenes reasons.)  While still trying to keep her storylines, resulting in other characters being changed in ways that don't make sense.

45 minutes ago, chick binewski said:

Truth be told I will be over the moon to see Shane. He was an angry guy who was loyal to but envious of his best friend and when the ZA came along it did not bring out the best of him. But there was a story there. And what to do about Shane became one of the first big moral debates on the show. And Jon Bernthal could play real frustration and rage. No whistling or phallic symbols wrapped in barbed wire needed. 

I loved Shane's character, because like Dwight, he had REAL problems, real dilemmas, good and bad, a man at war with himself even.  As you say, it became the entire group's dilemma, the no-win situation of it all.  And Jon knocked it out of the park.  Compared now to a cartoon man with a cartoon weapon and maybe the worst line of dialogue in the history of TV:  "I hope you got your shittin pants on.....cuz you're about to shit your pants."  Ugh, how I wanted Father Gabriel to shout DUH, THAT WAS IMPLIED!!!  lol

• Love 12
1 hour ago, Smad said:

It's like TWD's version of Lost's smoke monster.

Exactly.

1 hour ago, Nashville said:

You don’t have to be; the current writing is so unoriginal, we can already make a pretty decent guess about what it does (or will) mean.  Something along these lines:

—————————————

Reckon Daryl gets to be Han Solo?

——————————————

Ok - there it is, published and time stamped for the world to see well in advance of any revelation by either AMC or TWD Production.  If the story line goes this way, they now owe me royalties.  :>

Copyright © 2018, Nashville.  ;)

LOL. Sorry, I cut your post short, because I quoted a couple of long posts, and I know that some people read on their phones. 

The thing for me is: if they were trying to build a big mystery around the helicopters, they failed. I thought that one in the past, belonged to the governor, once he showed up with his army men. Now we've met Mrs Doubtfire (LOL @AngelaHunter ), and the people she had with her, and it's exhausting. They were just letting people get murdered, we don't know if they had any contact with the Alexandrians (before most of them were killed). I also have no doubt that they aren't as innocent/safe as they appeared to be. 

49 minutes ago, chick binewski said:

I mean, Negan is making some of us miss the Governor. We are not of our right minds in this time. 

I know. I remember, and I did like that. I like Jon Bernthal, but the character threatening Dale, too - he was just too messed up. But he had a lot more to him than Negan, and I wouldn't be surprised if JDM admitted they'd messed up with his character.

• Love 7
2 minutes ago, Anela said:

@AngelaHunter

I know. I remember, and I did like that. I like Jon Bernthal, but the character threatening Dale, too - he was just too messed up. But he had a lot more to him than Negan, and I wouldn't be surprised if JDM admitted they'd messed up with his character.

Shane was very messed up.  And he died because of it.  His character is missed, but he died when he was supposed to.  So somehow, Rick killed his own best friend (out of necessity) but he won't kill Negan.  It will never not be galling.

• Love 11
2 hours ago, chick binewski said:

Truth be told I will be over the moon to see Shane. He was an angry guy who was loyal to but envious of his best friend and when the ZA came along it did not bring out the best of him

He was by far and away my favourite character, he had the right idea of what to do and what had to be done to ensure his people survived. Shane was light years ahead of Rick in having what it took to survive in the ZA, Rick was at his most successful when he eventually ‘became Shane’. I bet two things, Shane would not have ended up on his knees in front of a trough waiting for the Termites to butcher him, and he would not have ended up on his knees in front of Negan either. Perfect? Far from it, he had his problems, but defending Negan would certainly not be one of them. He was THE man. 

Edited by OoohMaggie
  • Love 7
49 minutes ago, Anela said:

The thing for me is: if they were trying to build a big mystery around the helicopters, they failed

If the mystery for you has been spoiled that’s a shame, but I don’t know who the helicopter belongs to, so thankfully it’s a mystery to me, a welcome payoff from the effort expended in avoiding spoilers where possible.

• Love 1
51 minutes ago, OoohMaggie said:

He was by far and away my favourite character, he had the right idea of what to do and what had to be done to ensure his people survived. Shane was light years ahead of Rick in having what it took to survive in the ZA, Rick was at his most successful when he eventually ‘became Shane’. I bet two things, Shane would not have ended up on his knees in front of a trough waiting for the Termites to butcher him, and he would not have ended up on his knees in front of Negan either. Perfect? Far from it, he had his problems, but defending Negan would certainly not be one of them. He was THE man. 

This. All of this. But then, I was a Spike over Angel girl, so it only makes sense that I was (and remain) Team Shane. Can't wait to see JB in Sunday's episode, flashback / hallucination or not.

• Love 3
8 minutes ago, IndyMischa said:

This. All of this. But then, I was a Spike over Angel girl, so it only makes sense that I was (and remain) Team Shane. Can't wait to see JB in Sunday's episode, flashback / hallucination or not.

It’s only a TV show, we can like who we like for whatever reasons, would I like to see Shane still in charge? Damn right I would, team Shane all the way to the end, can’t wait for the flashback either, it’s going to get emotional Lol

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Anela said:

I like Jon Bernthal, but the character threatening Dale, too - he was just too messed up. But he had a lot more to him than Negan, and I wouldn't be surprised if JDM admitted they'd messed up with his character.

Yeah! Shane was probably more like most of us- sinking wayyy too low b/c human nature dictates that it's easier than taking the high road. Poor Dale- I loved when he looked Shane in the eye and said "I know what kind of man you are." That took balls! RIP Dale. But also Otis. Is it a crime being obese in a Z.A.? Yes. Yes it is. But crying out loud, he played guitar! Save the musicians, man! For what will we have left for our ear holes?!

• Love 5
7 hours ago, JackONeill said:

I know TPTB are "elevating" Daryl to the ruling class, but I think that's more from sheer necessity.

Daryl is not, and has never been a leader. He is too impulsive and acts on emotion and without thinking. When he's following orders, he's an excellent second in command. I'm really annoyed to be "hate-watching" this show, but that's what it is now.

I really enjoyed Shane, Merle and yes, the Governor. They acted like real people, with conflicts, regrets and mistakes. We never knew what they would do next. So much more relatable than Negan, Simon and even Gareth, all of whom delighted in evil for its own sake and are and were possessed of no human qualities whatsoever. One-dimensional cartoons, all of them.

• Love 5
On 10/30/2018 at 5:28 PM, OoohMaggie said:

As I said before, you have the resources to put a bird in the air, you can get your own damn specimens, the whole Jadis scene was laughable, the show fell back onto its old problem, trying to fit too many scenarios into one episode, I  thought they’d gone beyond that by now.

They don't need to turn a peep to get a specimen. Unless of course they want a fresh one. It could be giving chopper rides to the rich to watch the animals getting fed in the zoo, za style, lol. 

• Love 1

An update on Rick's fate from TSDF. They now report that Rick does not die. He survives and is taken away by the helicopter. RME. This is good news for me anyway. It means I won't be watching any more episodes this season.

Ladies and gentlemen... Happy fucking Halloween. We have our answer regarding Rick’s fate. We’ll have a Q&A out sometime tomorrow with more details, but we know everyone is antsy for answers to the big question.

DOES RICK DIE?!

The answer is....

NOOOOOO!! HE LIVES!!!!! He will experience another close call on the bridge and everyone will believe he’s dead. However, we’ll learn that he actually survives and Jadis calls in the helicopter to take him UP UP UP far far away...

• Love 7

Wow.  I wonder if TPTB changed their minds and the story to keep it open ended.  I wish they had done something like that with Carl.  So that he'd still be "out there" somewhere.  Then he could always be an older character down the road or even in another show.

• Love 6
1 hour ago, OoohMaggie said:

Nobody is going to resort to cannibalism when the stores are still full of stuff and we’re only a few months into the ZA.

That's what I thought. We're not talking about Donner Party levels of desperation. The Termites went into instant industrialized and assembly line cannibalism because...they were too lazy to go to a store/scavange?

The photos WalkerTalker posted - is this going to be another "Rick in the RV" moment? "Our hero, Rick Grimes, is hopelessly trapped in an RV, surrounded by huge herd of walkers. There is no way out! Is this the end for Ricky G? Tune in next week to find out." We tune in next week and Rick is running down the road. "Sorry, sportsfans. We couldn't think of a way to get him out of that vehicle, so just use your imaginations, 'kay?"

So this week we'll see him back on the horse with no explanation as to how he not only didn't die, but got away from the hopeless situation of being surrounded by walkers, after being, like, impaled on a rusty piece of metal that didn't even have a pointy end to ease its entry? Maybe it's just a flesh wound. I'm sure the answer will be most logical.

2 hours ago, OoohMaggie said:

The Gov will always be my favourite Villain, as you say, Real.

Mine too!

• Love 2
47 minutes ago, AngelaHunter said:

That's what I thought

I am normally pretty good on my timelines so I don’t know how I was so way off, so time for me to apologise to the show Lol, the gang arrived at Terminus on day 511 into the ZA, nearly a year and a half. Although still a tad early to start eating people, it’s not as bad as I had thought. I still can’t believe it was that long though, i think it’s time I watched the show from the beginning.

47 minutes ago, AngelaHunter said:

Mine too!

I loved the way Martinez was using The Gov as his caddy on top of the RV, he really didn’t think that The Gov was going to put an 8 Wood through his head, the best Villain by far .........despite what he did to my girl Lol

Edited by OoohMaggie
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, SimoneS said:

An update on Rick's fate from TSDF. They now report that Rick does not die. He survives and is taken away by the helicopter. RME. This is good news for me anyway. It means I won't be watching any more episodes this season.

Happy dance! Maybe he will find Heath

Edited by Boofish
  • Love 2
On 7/27/2018 at 1:32 AM, Nashville said:

I’m betting Rick and Maggie are out on a patrol or scavenging run, get scooped by a deus ex machina in the form of an Apache heli, and are last seen flying off into the sunset headed towards parts unknown....

8AB64BB0-45E5-4221-8FAB-BDB39F88F507.thumb.jpeg.d7bc4c6ac8372060df9b1835d2eb895b.jpeg

;)

Called it - at least halfway, that is.  ;>

• Love 1

The Q & A is up, there is a 5+ year time jump. I wasn't expecting that. Per TSDF Army just a few minutes ago

Q&A Episode 9.5 “What Comes After”

The time has come. Are we ready? Big thanks to our fantastic source! PLEASE be mindful about sharing spoilers. Posting this on social media where unsuspecting fans can stumble across these spoilers is not the place for this information... Just leave it be and stay in your spoiler lane. Here we go!!!

1. Heath's RV was spotted during filming of this episode. Will we see it and/or get a reference to Heath this episode?

There's no mention of Heath.

2. What happens with Maggie & Negan?

It's straight from the recent comics. Michonne allows Maggie to enter Negan's cell & Maggie is prepared to kill him. Negan isn't surprised and says he can't believe she waited this long. He gets on his knees and tells her to kill him, which surprises Maggie. He finally starts begging her to kill him, and when she asks why, he says so he can be with his wife. Maggie finally decides leaving him alive and suffering is a better punishment.

3. Which previous TWD characters will we see?

Shane, Hershel, and Sasha.

4. Can you describe Rick’s interactions with the characters from the past? At least one of them?

The scene with Hershel is back at his farm. Rick apologizes for what happened to him, Beth, and Glenn and also for what he put Maggie through. Rick then says he's looking for his family. Hershel says that Rick's family isn't here. Then he tells Rick to wake up. Rick says the same thing to the other characters - that he's looking for his family. But he's told they aren't there. We are meant to assume he means his Lori and Carl family. But we realize that he is referring to his Michonne, Judith and the rest of the group family, and that's why Hershel said they weren't there.

The one with Shane was back at the scene where Rick was shot in the pilot episode. Shane is just being a dick, asking how his daughter's doing, etc. Shane then confesses that he's an asshole, but he had hoped some of it rubbed off on Rick, if only to harden him. Then Shane starts yelling that Rick needs to do what needs to be done. (So cryptic. Bet Gimple wrote that part.)

5. Does the bridge hold?

Yes. Rick finally remembers what Daryl told him and leads the herd back to the camp (which has been vacated) with the hope the bridge will collapse. It doesn't.

6. How does Rick exit the show?

When the bridge holds, Rick notices a case of dynamite on the bridge. By this time, Maggie, Michonne, Carol, and several others arrive to help, but Rick thinks they're a delusion since he had a hallucination about them earlier. Rick fires a gunshot at the case of dynamite, and the bridge goes up in a fireball, while everyone looks on in horror.

7. How does the episode end?

It ends with Jadis finding Rick near the bridge after the explosion, and she takes takes him with her on the helicopter.

8. Do we learn anything else about the helicopter people? What A and B mean?

No, not really. Jadis tells the guy on the radio something along the lines of, “I have a live one.” She might have also called Rick an A.

9. Anything else you want to share with us about it?

Massive time jump at the very end. Magna and her crew are introduced, and they are saved from a herd by a stranger. That stranger is revealed to be Judith Grimes (now around 10 years old), toting a shotgun and wearing Carl's hat.

Edited by spacefly
I can't do math, Judith is ten years old not a ten year time jump...
  • Love 1

I speculate that this will be my final episode of The Walking Dead.  Actually it's a fact, this will be the last one I watch.  This is the perfect time to retire from this show.  I get to see the conclusion of Rick's story, revisit some old favorites like Shane, and enjoy a final meaningful moment before next week's previews.  But I am done with the show.  All of the original characters are now gone, I don't care about them rebuilding civilization, I'm not interested in Little House on the Prairie with Zombies.  So thank you AMC, for giving me the ideal jumping off point and freeing up my Sunday TV schedule.

Edited by Dobian
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, spacefly said:

they are saved from a herd by a stranger. That stranger is revealed to be Judith Grimes (now around 10 years old), toting a shotgun and wearing Carl's hat.

This made me LOL.  And my gut reaction is NO. 

• Love 1
3 hours ago, spacefly said:

2. What happens with Maggie & Negan?

It's straight from the recent comics. Michonne allows Maggie to enter Negan's cell & Maggie is prepared to kill him. Negan isn't surprised and says he can't believe she waited this long. He gets on his knees and tells her to kill him, which surprises Maggie. He finally starts begging her to kill him, and when she asks why, he says so he can be with his wife. Maggie finally decides leaving him alive and suffering is a better punishment.

giphy.gif

The one with Shane was back at the scene where Rick was shot in the pilot episode. Shane is just being a dick, asking how his daughter's doing, etc. Shane then confesses that he's an asshole, but he had hoped some of it rubbed off on Rick, if only to harden him. Then Shane starts yelling that Rick needs to do what needs to be done. (So cryptic. Bet Gimple wrote that part.)

giphy.gif

6. How does Rick exit the show?

When the bridge holds, Rick notices a case of dynamite on the bridge. By this time, Maggie, Michonne, Carol, and several others arrive to help, but Rick thinks they're a delusion since he had a hallucination about them earlier. Rick fires a gunshot at the case of dynamite, and the bridge goes up in a fireball, while everyone looks on in horror.

7. How does the episode end?

It ends with Jadis finding Rick near the bridge after the explosion, and she takes takes him with her on the helicopter.

giphy.gif

9. Anything else you want to share with us about it?

Massive time jump at the very end. Magna and her crew are introduced, and they are saved from a herd by a stranger. That stranger is revealed to be Judith Grimes (now around 10 years old), toting a shotgun and wearing Carl's hat.

giphy.gif

• Love 11

So...Carl, who was shaped by surviving the early years of the terror of the ZA is dead.  But Judith living relatively safely in their Safe New World Of New Beginnings with NO RICK GRIMES is the resident ten year old girl badass.  Mmmkay.

• Love 3
3 minutes ago, peach said:

But Judith living relatively safely in their Safe New World Of New Beginnings with NO RICK GRIMES is the resident ten year old girl badass.  Mmmkay.

If she's being raised by Michonne, she should be pretty tough.

Actually, if the show were smart, they would just jump forward 20 yrs and give us a grown up Herschel and Judith to watch.  Get rid of Daryl (never happen) and maybe have an older Carol and Michonne.  OK, Zeke and maybe Aaron.  Get rid of everyone else.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, raven said:

If she's being raised by Michonne, she should be pretty tough.

Actually, if the show were smart, they would just jump forward 20 yrs and give us a grown up Herschel and Judith to watch.  Get rid of Daryl (never happen) and maybe have an older Carol and Michonne.  OK, Zeke and maybe Aaron.  Get rid of everyone else.

So this time jump would be 5 - 7 years? I have no idea how old Judith is supposed to be, so feel free to jump in here with clarifications, guys. It's the time jump that will have me in front of my TV for episode 6, because I'm curious to see who's still around and in what shape. If Aaron is still hanging in, his daughter will be . . . again, fill in the blank for me if you'd like. Five to seven years old? Henry will be in his mid to late teens, so he'll be recast - if he survived the time jump. What happened to the incompetent Saviors, did Georgie ever show again, what are the communities now and who's in charge?

To be honest, I'm more interested in that upcoming episode than this Sunday's. OK, it'll be great to see Shane, Hershel, and Sasha again, and I really have been a true-blue Rick Grimes fan, but it sounds like this episode is going to have Rick in a more passive role than I was hoping for. I hope it turns out to be more than Rick reacting to hallucinations telling him how much he screwed up (which it kind of sounds like it's going to be). I don't want him to be dying and psychologically defeated, if that makes any sense. Him choosing to blow up the bridge - and probably himself along with it - is more like the Rick I cheer for; I'm just worried he's going to spend most of the episode justifying himself to himself (through the hallucinations).

As to Maggie letting Negan live - I, I, just can't. Can. Not.

• Love 3
On 10/31/2018 at 1:17 PM, Ohwell said:

Ok, so I guess she wasn't supposed to be with Rick in the comics?  In any event, I still don't see anything that memorable or special about her, other than that dreadful wig.  She's just ok.  

Early Michonne was great.  Now she’s been defanged.  Boring character who was once one of my favorites.

i would say she was iconic because she was the independent warrior woman with a katana.  It’s not her fault, it’s the writing and the fact the show has ran so many seasons.

they did the same with Daryl.  Once great character, now he sucks. 

• Love 4
7 hours ago, nodorothyparker said:

I'm just over here marveling that they came up with this ending on purpose.

ff6dcf093cfdd1f574ddd640dc021521_w200.gif

You should have really followed this up with Rap's letting go off the chair and him face planting. Would have been even more perfect. And perfectly valid.

10 hours ago, jenrising said:

Rick blows up the bridge before catching a helicopter off the show? That is even worse than I expected, so congratulations on that, show. 

That's not the whole thing.  The helicopter flies to New York, where it lands near a large set.  Jeff Probst gets out of the chopper holding a covered jar and jogs to the set with Rick in tow.  He then opens the jar and tallies the votes in front of the cheering audience before declaring Rick the winner of Survivor: Alexandria.

• Love 17
15 hours ago, JackONeill said:

At least a shower didn't come into play.

(Somewhat obscure TV reference.)

The show hasn't been canceled yet; there's still time. Although in this case, I think the shower equivalent would be the pilot hospital bed. Andrea is a doctor, Morgan a nurse... 

• Love 1
3 hours ago, OoohMaggie said:

Gregory’ gives the show a bit of a bash, 

https://comicbook.com/thewalkingdead/2018/11/02/the-walking-dead-xander-berkeley-gregory-attack-kill-maggie-cheap-plot-twist/

"it felt like an unnecessary constraint put on a character to not give it that element of humanity and dimensionality,"

....has he ever watched this show??  lol 

ah, well, good for him for not saying it was an amazing, necessary choice.  So amazing.

• Love 3
17 hours ago, peach said:

So...Carl, who was shaped by surviving the early years of the terror of the ZA is dead.  But Judith living relatively safely in their Safe New World Of New Beginnings with NO RICK GRIMES is the resident ten year old girl badass.  Mmmkay.

Essentially, Carl is from the Greatest Generation and Judith is a Millennial lol.

• Love 2

I'm just happy Rick lives. I don't care.

And random thoughts, I still miss Dwight. I guess we'll never know his fate.

I'm not thrilled with the time jump at all though. I've enjoyed the rebuilding that they've been doing and could have happily watched that for the rest of the season.

• Love 5
2 hours ago, CrazyDog said:

I'm just happy Rick lives. I don't care.

And random thoughts, I still miss Dwight. I guess we'll never know his fate.

He lives, but it's still unclear what the helicopter people plan to do with him.  Will we ever find out?  Will he be an A?

I do hope we find out that Dwight located Sherry.  

• Love 2