Type keyword(s) to search

Spoilers and Speculation

• Start Topic

4 minutes ago, peach said:

I have to say that little Cailey Fleming was much more charming as her natural self in that clip than the "acting" as Judith.  I hope she gets better on the show.  And that they stop writing scenes where she orders around adults and they comply.

It was laughingly bad when they did this with Carl back in the prison days. Why do they feel the need to do it again? It still is as unbelievable now as it was then.

MMB interviewed with her short, cute hairstyle. Why MMB? WHY? Why did you go for this awful wig? Look at you all cute with your short hair.

• Love 4
2 hours ago, Smad said:

It was laughingly bad when they did this with Carl back in the prison days. Why do they feel the need to do it again? It still is as unbelievable now as it was then.

MMB interviewed with her short, cute hairstyle. Why MMB? WHY? Why did you go for this awful wig? Look at you all cute with your short hair.

At least when Carl did it, it was slightly more realistic. Didn't he find them in the tombs and bring them back?  Then pleaded to keep them?  I don't remember all the way.  IIRC everyone was a little more unsure what to do.  But this "if they don't go, I don't go" was totally absurd.   I may just be being nostalgic, however.  lol  One of my favorite Carl scenes was when Rick changed his mind and brought everyone in from Woodbury, and Carl got so mad he threw Rick's star in the dirt, because he was so g-damn inconsistent.  It reminds me of Scott Evil. "First I'm not evil enough, now I'm TOO evil?!"

Agree about Carol's hair.  Hopefully it's temporary and some new circumstances...saaaay, lighting people on fire like a boss...causes her to cut it back short.  Good luck finding someone to do it correctly NOW, Carol!

Sidenote:  I turned on Netflix tonight, and there's a thumbnail for TWD, and it's a pic of Negan holding his damn bat.  Ouch.  COME BACK, RICK!

Edited by peach
  • Love 4
On 11/11/2018 at 10:37 AM, Smad said:

The Whisperers are coming. And if they follow the comic storyline then his days are numbered.

Not only that but Ezekiel already talked about the upcoming fair.

Edited by dvil
2 hours ago, peach said:

Is she giving him a sponge bath??

It's the only kind he'll ever get.

1 hour ago, dvil said:

Not only that but Ezekiel already talked about the upcoming fair.

I forgot about that, but I remember thinking, "What? A Ren Faire?"

9 hours ago, OoohMaggie said:

8 hours ago, OoohMaggie said:

She was keeping them as bargaining chips though, she did admit that if they ended up serving no useful purpose, then killing  them was an option that had to be kept on the table. I love the way Michonne is ok with a convict with concealed blades being an ideal addition to the Hilltop community, What If Maggie has pulled the same stunt on Michonne, I can imagine the reaction.

And the future custom of regifting is born. 

• Love 6
4 hours ago, AngelaHunter said:

I forgot about that, but I remember thinking, "What? A Ren Faire?"

I wonder if the fair will take place in an episode this year or in the season finale. It better be more shocking than Negan's scenes with Lucille.

• Love 1

So with Maggie not being ‘her’ at Hilltop, they’re betting Enid or Tara, I wouldn’t let either of them run a bath, never mind a community, being the camp Sawbones I suppose gives her a good shot but unless she’s changed dramatically I just don’t see it. Are there any other contenders? Will we see yet another annoying child or is Hershel with Mummy?

Edited by OoohMaggie
  • Love 2

What about with Judith?
With Judith, she bears certain similarities to Carl. She’s also very much her own character as well. She’s really spunky.

In the really memorable words of Ed Asner from the very old Mary Tyler Moore Show, " I hate spunky"

• Love 9
21 hours ago, Smad said:

I love MMB's short hair. She didn't need long flowing locks of hair, certainly not the horse mane they gave her. Plus it looks nothing like how her natural hair would grow. Whoever suggested Legolas as inspiration for Carol's updated look should be fired. Unlike Daryl's mangey grease mop that he refuses to cut because it's "in keeping with his character" (aka Norman is a fifty year old man desperate to still look thirty something), the short hair really is synonymous with the Carol character and her take no bullshit persona. I really hope that god awful wig is one of the first casualties in this time jump and we go back to her stunning short look.  

• Love 5

To the above: yes short hair is the trademark Carol so I appreciate keeping it over the bad wig. But MMB has a beautiful face IMO and pulls off great hair wonderfully and she looks beautiful in any style.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, CharethCutestory said:

I love MMB's short hair. She didn't need long flowing locks of hair, certainly not the horse mane they gave her.

I have never understood why movies and TV shows with multi-million dollar budgets so often seem to use wigs that look way worse than Beyonce's lace fronts. Carol's looks as though it was salvaged from the dumpster after the last episode of "Six Feet Under" where all the women were given thin, wispy, super-long gray locks.

• Love 3

Its kind of awesome that a show about zombies will bring on a kid with spunk towards the end of its run. It's like a family sitcom, when the youngest kid is no longer cute enough so they bring in a replacement.

I'm guessing she'll be less her own character and more of a prop, which is fine cause it's a kid. I wonder how much mileage they'll get out of the inevitable scenes of her in mortal danger, and it's only a matter of time before Negan saves her somehow, "redeeming" him in the process (probably after a character overhears a heartwarming conversation between Judith and Negan). 

• Love 5
3 hours ago, phoenix780 said:

Its kind of awesome that a show about zombies will bring on a kid with spunk towards the end of its run. It's like a family sitcom, when the youngest kid is no longer cute enough so they bring in a replacement.

I was thinking of the same thing.  It is called the Cousin Oliver Syndrome.  "It is the well worn TV sitcom trope of introducing a younger character to the cast of a show in it's later years as a desperate attempt to add life to a show that had grown a bit long in the tooth."  

Cousin Oliver was brought in during the last year of the Brady Bunch.  Other sitcoms have done the same thing like The Partridge Family and Family Ties.

• Love 5
4 hours ago, Macbeth said:

I was thinking of the same thing.  It is called the Cousin Oliver Syndrome.  "It is the well worn TV sitcom trope of introducing a younger character to the cast of a show in it's later years as a desperate attempt to add life to a show that had grown a bit long in the tooth."  

Cousin Oliver was brought in during the last year of the Brady Bunch.  Other sitcoms have done the same thing like The Partridge Family and Family Ties.

I think Growing Pains did it, too.

• Love 3
6 hours ago, Macbeth said:

"It is the well worn TV sitcom trope of introducing a younger character to the cast of a show in it's later years as a desperate attempt to add life to a show that had grown a bit long in the tooth."  

They've been doing it as far back as Bonanza, with that sulky brat, Jamie.

On 11/13/2018 at 6:32 AM, OoohMaggie said:

they’re betting Enid or Tara, I wouldn’t let either of them run a bath, never mind a community

Amen. At least Enid is an M.D. now, who got her degree at the Sadiq School of Medicine, but Tara? If she's ever done one thing that was helpful or useful I don't recall it.

• Love 6
2 hours ago, peach said:
6 hours ago, Macbeth said:

I think Growing Pains did it, too.

Possibly before y'all's times, My Three Sons did it about as much as anyone could possibly.

Man + three sons + male housekeeper

Male house keeper leaves, is replaced by his brother

Oldest son marries, leaves. 

Orphaned friend of youngest son is adopted (I think there's a dog, too)

Middle son gets married, stays in show with wife and they have triplets

Father marries, gets step daughter who he adopts.

Now THAT'S the way you add youngsters to stretch out a family show.

• Love 4
3 hours ago, enoughcats said:

Possibly before y'all's times, My Three Sons did it about as much as anyone could possibly.

Man + three sons + male housekeeper

Male house keeper leaves, is replaced by his brother

Oldest son marries, leaves. 

Orphaned friend of youngest son is adopted (I think there's a dog, too)

Middle son gets married, stays in show with wife and they have triplets

Father marries, gets step daughter who he adopts.

Now THAT'S the way you add youngsters to stretch out a family show.

I loved My Three Sons!  But I don't remember any of this. lol  Let's hope Kang and Co, never read this.

• Love 1
11 minutes ago, OoohMaggie said:

Uh Oh, look who’s front and centre,

Oh, good. I've been watching this show just hoping we're going to get some mouthy 10-year old brat become the focus of the episodes and the Final Word in the decisions of the adults. What a shame. Three-year old Judith was so adorable.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, Fellaway said:

At least it's not Negan.

That was my first thought too.  It could be worse.  It could be Negan front and center and the rest of our cast surrounding him dressed in their best Robert Palmer video little black dresses.  Because part of me thinks if Kirkman believed he could get away with it, he would.

I get the idea they're going for, that the legacy lives on even if the characters don't.  It's just not very well executed.

• Love 9

Random though but where is Heath??!! Off camera disappearance- time jump. Is the guy going to reappear? If so, would he even know or recognize any of the survivors at this point? Where is his partner in travels Tara anyway? 

I dont like change. I don't like new characters. I need comfortable broken in like Rick's cowboy boots, characters. 

• Love 8
17 hours ago, Morrigan2575 said:

I kind of like it. My only quibble is the group on the left, just seems odd that they have such prominence

Ditto,  Magna getting Jesus sized billing, no Siddiq or Enid, I bet there were some calls to agents going on.

I can imagine some of the long term second tier characters, like Maggie’s Kal would be feeling a bit miffed. There are casualties associated with the new war so maybe were talking victims, or replacements, brrrrrrrrr

Hasn’t  anybody got the opening minutes yet?

Edited by OoohMaggie
  • Love 1
15 hours ago, Kdawg82 said:

Random though but where is Heath??!! Off camera disappearance- time jump. Is the guy going to reappear? If so, would he even know or recognize any of the survivors at this point? Where is his partner in travels Tara anyway? 

‘The Gimp’ said we would be seeing him this year but has back-pedalled somewhat on that. Tara has been pretty much a Red Shirt recently but she may be in charge of Hilltop when we see her next.         Heath’s info below.

Spoiler

It has been confirmed that he was kidnapped by Jadis and sent the same way as Rick and Father G were headed, we don’t know if he was bitten or not though. The talk is he will appear in the new film with Rick and Jadis.

Edited by OoohMaggie
  • Love 1

From TSDF Army: 

S09.E07 “Stradivarius”

1. How does the episode begin?

It begins with Rosita running through the woods, panicking as she hears "whispers" coming from every direction. She finally collapses and passes out.

2. Do we finally find out what happened to Maggie?

Yes. Siddiq finally tells Michonne that Maggie went with Georgie to help her build another community.

3. Who's the new leader of Hilltop?

Jesus

4. What else is new at Hilltop?

Jesus is the new leader of the Hilltop, but he's not liking it much. He's more of an armchair leader, and Tara really is the one who does all of the work. Besides that and the fact that Enid is now their doctor, nothing else has really changed.

5. What is the reason for Carol's pit stop to see Daryl? Do we get indication that she visits him frequently?

She goes to visit Daryl because she's worried about leaving Henry at the Hilltop and wants him to basically be a chaperone. We don't get any clear indicators that Carol visits him frequently, but Daryl does acknowledge that Carol knows where to find him.

6. What happens on Michonne & Co's journey to the Hilltop?

They manage to make it back to Magna's camp/rig, only to discover that everyone else is dead. They spend the night at an industrial building. When they continue on, they run into the herd that attacked their camp. Michonne realizes it's the same herd because she recognizes the shirt of the man, Bernie, who Yumiko told her about the day before. Apparently, ugly paisley is still a thing. Michonne gently puts Bernie down because Magna can't bring herself to do it.

Earlier, Michonne expressed that she did not intend to accompany Magna & Co. all the way to Hilltop because she is needed in Alexandria. However, she changes her mind after some scouts run into Michonne and notify her that Rosita is at the Hilltop receiving medical care.

7. Do we get any more hints about the mysterious event that has occurred over the timejump? (Whatever is responsible for Michonne's scar and trust issues)

No, nothing definitive.

8. What happens with Rosita and Eugene? Do they both escape the Whisperers?

They both escape, but we learn Rosita left Eugene in a barn so that she can go and get others to help.

9. PLEASE TELL US EVERYTHING ABOUT DOGGO

He's a good dog, as Daryl says himself! (WE KNEW HE WOULD BE SUCH A GOOD BOY!!) He's not only a companion, but he helps Daryl with things like traps (Walker traps!).

Everyday, he sends Doggo to check on each trap, and he comes to get Daryl if a walker is in one. Poor Doggo has a close encounter when he gets stuck in one of the traps. Henry saves both Daryl and Doggo. This convinces Daryl to go to Hilltop.

10. What happens with Magna's group at Hilltop?

They haven't yet made it there by the end of the episode.

11. Does Daryl decide to join the group again?

Yes, he finally decides to leave with Carol and Henry and accompany them to the Hilltop

12. What happens at the end of the episode?

Daryl, Doggo, Aaron, and Jesus leave the Hilltop to look for Eugene based upon the information Rosita provided.

BONUS:

- Daryl mentions to Carol that he originally went out there to look for Rick’s body. Then after awhile he got used to it and just stayed. (Great, now we’re ugly crying again)

- Carol gives Daryl a much needed haircut. (Went with a classic Daryl style instead of something shorter and edgier).

- Aaron and Jesus have secret ninja meetups so that Jesus can train Aaron.

So the big happening of this entire episode is ... Daryl gets a dog and a haircut.  And Maggie really does get the worst non sendoff for a longtime character ever.  "Where's Maggie?"  "Oh, she left."  "Well, okay then."

• Love 8

The episode seems solid. My only issue continues to be how the show has written out Maggie. I don't care what the show says, the way they have disappeared her is pathetic and confirms to me that Lauren's departure was contentious. We are supposed to believe that Maggie left without saying good bye to Michonne, Daryl, and Carol. The show could have had Maggie simply decide to leave because she couldn't stand Negan being kept alive, giving her farewell scene with everyone including Rick. The show could have then "killed off" Rick with all the drama involved.

Edited by SimoneS
  • Love 11
4 hours ago, amazinglybored said:

I’m going to pretend everyone looks disgusted and annoyed at Judith being front and centre, and not just actors doing generic serious faces.

Right, a collective "Seriously?"

44 minutes ago, SimoneS said:

The episode seems solid. My only issue continues to be how the show has written out Maggie. I don't care what the show says, the way they have disappeared her is pathetic and confirms me that Lauren's departure was contentious. We are supposed to believe that Maggie left without saying good bye to Michonne, Daryl, and Carol. The show could have had Maggie simply decide to leave because she couldn't stand Negan being kept alive, giving her farewell scene with everyone including Rick. The show could have then "killed off" Rick with all the drama involved.

Cosign.  It's so insulting to Lauren, but also to the viewers invested in the story, and to her fans.   It's unbelievable how petty they are.

• Love 7
2 hours ago, SimoneS said:

We are supposed to believe that Maggie left without saying good bye to Michonne, Daryl, and Carol. The show could have had Maggie simply decide to leave because she couldn't stand Negan being kept alive, giving her farewell scene with everyone including Rick. The show could have then "killed off" Rick with all the drama involved.

Right?  They easily could have gone that route or they could have had her so torn up that her plotting to get to Negan is what dragged Rick off the bridge job site and what ultimately led to his injury and supposed demise that she needed to not be around it or any of them after that.  It was right there after her big scene with Michonne asking what if it was your husband/father of your child?  It practically writes itself.  Either option is more plausible and preferable to "Where's Maggie?" "Oh, she left."  I won't pretend I've been a huge Maggie fan for seasons now, which I blame as much on the writing that seemed to forget she existed for long stretches only to have her periodically emerge and go "oh, yeah, that sister/husband" as anything else.  But both she as a long running character and member of the cast and the fandom deserve better.

• Love 7
5 hours ago, amazinglybored said:

I’m going to pretend everyone looks disgusted and annoyed at Judith being front and centre, and not just actors doing generic serious faces.

I prefer to pretend everybody is thinking, “Now’s the time to kill that damn muppet.”

2 hours ago, SimoneS said:

We are supposed to believe that Maggie left without saying good bye to Michonne, Daryl, and Carol. 

Maybe, maybe not; it’s entirely plausible that somewhere in the intervening 6 years the settlements could’ve thrown Maggie the biggest going-away bash in history, with cake and booze and people getting pregnant all over the place and everything.  

Point is, though, We the Viewers didn’t get to see shit about it.

• Love 7
5 hours ago, Nutjob said:

- Aaron and Jesus have secret ninja meetups so that Jesus can train Aaron.

Am I the only one who hopes this is a euphemism for something else? :)

I’m not quite sure what a euphemism is, but I was hoping it meant that caring, loveable Jesus, was able to take time out to gently massage some ointment into Aaron’s tender stump.

• Love 2
On 11/15/2018 at 4:51 PM, OoohMaggie said:

New WD set art

Uh Oh, look who’s front and centre,

89DC6114-8E87-4905-BF49-46785ED9FE24.jpeg

This made me laugh.  I reminds me of an old 'Lord of the Rings' poster I had in the 70s.  I hope Danai and Melissa's agents got a right good bollocking over this.  Having Daryl lording it over everyone is pretty funny considering that he's had little to nothing to do with the ZA communities for at least 6 years.  I have a feeling that Negan isn't there because they feared fan backlash.

I'd like to see some backlash over what they've done to Maggie.  Like her or not (and I liked her longer than I didn't), she was a major character and deserved MUCH better than what the assholes that be have done to her.  Lauren deserves better too.  I hope the remaining cast members, especially Danai, remember how Chandler and Lauren were treated when it comes to any kind of negotiations.  There's no need to show loyalty to people who don't know the meaning of the word.

• Love 7
On 11/15/2018 at 7:43 PM, nodorothyparker said:

It could be worse.  It could be Negan front and center and the rest of our cast surrounding him dressed in their best Robert Palmer video little black dresses. 

Why do you people keep making me do things like this?:(

negandb69b copy.jpg

Edited by AngelaHunter
  • Love 12