Type keyword(s) to search

Spoilers and Speculation

• Start Topic

7 minutes ago, OoohMaggie said:

Nice to see the back of that bandana, but Carol, Nooooooooo!

The long hair is a tough sell after so many years of the pixie that really works with her bone structure, but I kinda dig that after all of this she can lean into the crazy crone look.  If and when I finally give up dyeing mine, it will probably look a lot like that.

I'm also laughing that Daryl has apparently spent the last six years going full poncho in the shitty holey tent in the woods guy. 

• Love 8
9 hours ago, OoohMaggie said:

Carol

8C058B78-1C35-45C4-B035-056957F966E7.jpeg

Legolas

805F196D-2B80-4172-8E61-06FA34EB9DF5.jpeg

Looks more like Jamie Lee Curtis in the new Halloween movie.

I'm so glad I quit this show when I did last year after Neegan killed Abraham and Glen. I was tempted to come back to watch how they would mess up Rick leaving but based on the spoilers, I'm glad I didn't get sucked back in.

• Love 2
21 minutes ago, nodorothyparker said:

The long hair is a tough sell after so many years of the pixie that really works with her bone structure, but I kinda dig that after all of this she can lean into the crazy crone look.  If and when I finally give up dyeing mine, it will probably look a lot like that.

I'm also laughing that Daryl has apparently spent the last six years going full poncho in the shitty holey tent in the woods guy. 

At least his clothes and home finally match his grooming habits. 

• Love 1

Their first TV movie is going to have to be pretty damn great, after the avoidance of satisfying conclusions on the main show and the total failure (um, in my opinion) of the spinoff to explore any real new territory or expand the world meaningfully. I'd be more excited if they were just going to start with one complete story, this trilogy thing makes me assume it will be an hour of of people talking, ten minutes of action, and then ten minutes to set up a cliffhanger for the next one. Although, I suppose they could go the route of that Morgan backstory episode and be a little pretentious for an hour and twenty minutes or so. 

I'm interested enough to follow spoilers about them, that's about it. 

On another note, does the time jump suggest that without Rick and his leadership they got time to relax? 

• Love 1

I can’t believe no one’s done the math. (And when I say that, don’t look at me to do it. Beyond my pay grade.) 

Here’s my thought/question spurred by the coming time-jump and seeing the size of the herd Aaron and Jesus were watching — How many Walkers can there be left?? Yes, I know any living person can change (if not “stab-headed”), but c’mon — shouldn’t we getting to the end of them??

Have Eugene run the numbers and get back to me.

Thanks.

• Love 6

I was reading about these movies featuring Rick Grimes. I notice that nothing is being said about where they will be aired which makes me think that they will either be on AMC Premiere or on AMC. 

This is the perfect moment for Danai to leave. AMC will never pay her what it should and being tied to the show will limit her opportunities to do other projects. They can always give her an open ending so that Michonne can reunite with Rick one day.

Here the latest from the Hollywood Reporter. Seems like Danai is renegotiating with AMC, but nothing is definite.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/walking-dead-norman-reedus-melissa-mcbride-ink-franchise-deals-danai-gurira-eyes-new-pact-1158025

Edited by SimoneS
  • Love 2

The math is a fair question, both for how many walkers can possibly be left after 10? 11? years and how many loose people can still be out there for Father Gabriel to wax about going out to find.  This far out, there shouldn't be (although we do know this franchise) anyone left surviving on just sheer dumb luck anymore or anyone who hasn't settled somewhere and started to build ... something.  And if they haven't after all this time, our gang needs to be asking hard questions as to why.

• Love 3
58 minutes ago, nodorothyparker said:

Crone, that’s the word I was looking for, I thought Hag would be a bit severe lol

• Love 1

Hag is a loaded word I wouldn't use, and particularly not for a character I genuinely do love despite the writing ups and downs.  The word crone can have negative connotations too, but it's also a legitimate role in many cultures or mythologies.  I'm good with her embracing it if that's what she wants to do.

• Love 3

Good interview with Andrew Lincoln in today’s NYTimes. https://www.nytimes.com/2018/11/04/arts/television/andrew-lincoln-the-walking-dead.html

Unfortunately, it does confirm the audience was hoodwinked (again) by TPTB. But I will say this—as much as that irritates me (and I’m thinking more Glenn and the dumpster), you have to hand it to them—with social media nowadays they managed to keep a damn big secret!

• Love 1
51 minutes ago, nodorothyparker said:

The math is a fair question, both for how many walkers can possibly be left after 10? 11? years and how many loose people can still be out there for Father Gabriel to wax about going out to find.  This far out, there shouldn't be (although we do know this franchise) anyone left surviving on just sheer dumb luck anymore or anyone who hasn't settled somewhere and started to build ... something.  And if they haven't after all this time, our gang needs to be asking hard questions as to why.

57 minutes ago, JackONeill said:

I can’t believe no one’s done the math. (And when I say that, don’t look at me to do it. Beyond my pay grade.) 

Here’s my thought/question spurred by the coming time-jump and seeing the size of the herd Aaron and Jesus were watching — How many Walkers can there be left?? Yes, I know any living person can change (if not “stab-headed”), but c’mon — shouldn’t we getting to the end of them??

Thanks.

There are about 327.16 million people in the United States so 10 or 11 years later, I would expect that there are still millions of walkers around. Although, they should be weaker and decomposing. I would also expect that there are large surviving communities all over the country. There should be at least a few million humans still alive. 

Edited by SimoneS
  • Love 2
9 minutes ago, SimoneS said:

There are about 327.16 million people in the United States so 10 or 11 years later, I would expect that there are still millions of walkers around. Although, they should be weaker and decomposing. I would also expect that there are large surviving communities all over the country. There should be at least a few million human still alive. 

I hope you remembered to add in all those living on Gilligan’s Island? The Professor would be a big help to Eugene.

• Love 2

I know actual timelines and problematic things like the calendar are easily ignored on this show, but with this latest time jump, it’s now getting closer to twenty years since the ZA started. Unless the walkers are having baby walkers (which I have to admit would make for a great show - all rights reserved), they are still carbon based life forms who haven’t eaten in years and who should be literally turning into dust. 

• Love 4
26 minutes ago, JackONeill said:

Good interview with Andrew Lincoln in today’s NYTimes. https://www.nytimes.com/2018/11/04/arts/television/andrew-lincoln-the-walking-dead.html

Unfortunately, it does confirm the audience was hoodwinked (again) by TPTB. But I will say this—as much as that irritates me (and I’m thinking more Glenn and the dumpster), you have to hand it to them—with social media nowadays they managed to keep a damn big secret!

Okay, describing Rick as "the by turns bloodthirsty and idealistic, perpetually sweaty zombie fighter" made me laugh, as did learning that there's a whole line of WD wines tied in to the series.

Weirdly, I kind of understand what they say they're trying to do and the dilemma they were in trying to write Rick off after the (rightful) backlash to Dumpstergate when they knew this movie plan was in the works.  That doesn't necessarily mean I have to like it from an emotional or storytelling standpoint.  While part of me is actually pretty intrigued that movies might explore where the helicopters are coming from or what would probably be the most hilarious The Village style reveal ever if they showed that the government and much of the rest of the world survived except for however many square miles our survivors have been loose in all these years, I just don't know how they square that with Rick as a character blithely going on for half a decade while he knows his family is still out there.

• Love 4
17 minutes ago, nodorothyparker said:

I just don't know how they square that with Rick as a character blithely going on for half a decade while he knows his family is still out there.

Possibilities to get out of that problem

--Rick will have a permanent amnesia, induced by the trauma or induced by whatever group now has their mitts on him. 

--The same group threatens him with his family's lives, or maybe even kills one of the lesser loved members to prove they mean business,  if he tries to go back to them, so he stays away. 

-- Said group manufactures a story with pictures and stuff that has Rick believing his entire family is dead so he stays with them.

--The movies could  be all about Rick going on a world wide journey, trying to find his way back to his family but being thwarted at every turn.  I could almost live with that if he has their pictures in his wallet and it's his motivation to get back. 

--He's stuck in a deep underground bunker on an island in the Bermuda Triangle and the movies are about him trying to get off that damn island with the goal of getting back to his family.  

That's all I've got right now.  I'm just still really annoyed.

• Love 4

Having been actively avoiding spoilers about last night’s show, I’ve obviously avoided the news about Lauren. I’ve been under the apprehension that Ep 6 would be her last appearance, due to comments like this,

“I’m in the first six episodes of the show, and then a lot happens in the sixth episode of the show,” 

So no fuss, no appearance on TD, just shuffle her off left of stage while everybody is looking at that damn helicopter.  They obviously didn’t want anything taking the spotlight off Golden Boy and his ‘last’? Act. So all those years and not so much as a wave goodbye, I can’t wait to see how they explain it on the show, or will they even bother, Hershel who? 

• Love 4
21 minutes ago, catrox14 said:

Possibilities to get out of that problem

--Rick will have a permanent amnesia, induced by the trauma or induced by whatever group now has their mitts on him. 

--The same group threatens him with his family's lives, or maybe even kills one of the lesser loved members to prove they mean business,  if he tries to go back to them, so he stays away. 

-- Said group manufactures a story with pictures and stuff that has Rick believing his entire family is dead so he stays with them.

--The movies could  be all about Rick going on a world wide journey, trying to find his way back to his family but being thwarted at every turn.  I could almost live with that if he has their pictures in his wallet and it's his motivation to get back. 

--He's stuck in a deep underground bunker on an island in the Bermuda Triangle and the movies are about him trying to get off that damn island with the goal of getting back to his family.  

That's all I've got right now.  I'm just still really annoyed.

Compress some of those to this: The Prisoner. 

I copied this from some website describing this British show from from the late '60s (starring Patrick McGoohan) : The Prisoner (known only as Number Six) is a former government agent who abruptly resigns from his job and has been imprisoned in a beautiful and charming-yet-bizarre and enigmatic community -- a mysterious seaside "village" that is isolated from the mainland by mountains and the sea. Presumably wanted for the top-secret information he knows, Number Six is hunted, yet thwarts his captors at every turn. However, he's still trapped in the village by floating, glowing "rovers," mysterious, balloonlike devices that capture those who try to escape.

And since Andrew Lincoln is English and lives there ...

Really, the only thing missing is the helicopter ... well, that and a polar bear. (Oh, wrong show.)

• Love 1

“We have a lot on the horizon – starting with a new epic featuring one of the greatest leading actors in television history...said Gimple"

So I guess the Gimp hasn't watched much except reality garbage for quite a while, if he truly thinks that. Or he's trying desperately to make everyone believe that the Emperor indeed has magnificent new clothes. Yes, I do like AL. He's good and even showed some greatness, but only when he's being angry/violent/terrified. His range is limited. No, he's not the greatest, just as this show is not and never has been "one of the best shows in television history." The very best shows never pumped out endless crap merchandising, got some little twerp to appear after the show to explain the nonsense we just saw, or screamed from hilltops how great their shows are. They never had the need for all that as the artistry spoke for itself and viewers were not assumed to be morons.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, SimoneS said:

Wow, last night was Lauren's final episode also. No farewell for Maggie or Talking Dead appearance for Lauren.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/walking-dead-maggie-lauren-cohan-final-episode-explained-1157718

Well, that was certainly unceremonious.  So now I wonder if they're just going to not show Hilltop while pretending it's still on the canvas or have a lot of scenes of Jesus telling people "Oops, just missed her.  She just went that away."  Or I guess they could go the Maris of Frasier route and just talk about her like of course everybody's seen her and interacted with her.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, nodorothyparker said:

Well, that was certainly unceremonious

It also explains the year and a half’s worth of anger and hatred, being so easily flipped over in the 30 seconds she spent talking to Negan, Ok, CUT............ story nicely wrapped up and it’s not even lunch time

Edited by OoohMaggie
  • Love 6

From seasons one to six, I thought (and still think) that TWD was one of the best shows in television history. I have done several re-watches of those seasons and still think the same every time. No show is perfect despite the nostalgia that ignores the occasional sucky writing and bad acting of some of the shows that people proclaim as the best ever. TWD is right there up, IMO. I miss what the show was and will never be again.

Edited by SimoneS
  • Love 7

In the clip for next week's show, which is after the time jump, I believe I saw Negan STILL in the jail cell. So, they've kept him in a jail cell for SIX years?!?! Putting aside the issue as to whether Negan should even still be alive, look at it more practially—They are keeping Jeffrey Dean Morgan, who is perhaps one of the better actors on the show despite his going over the top characterization (he must have attended the William Shatner Sholl of Acting), hamstrung. It'd be like having Ella Fitzgerald on the show but not letting her sing.

This show, I am afraid, is going to become about kids, the millennial generation, with only an occasional visit from the "wise and ancient" Aunt Carol and Uncle Daryl. They will be like Mr. Rogers sometimes stopping in to check on the neighborhood.

• Love 6
On 11/3/2018 at 7:54 AM, SimoneS said:

Some TWD behind the scene drama has come out in Darabont's lawsuit against AMC. Most of it related to AMC, Kirkman, and the other producers, not much from the actors. From the tibits I gather from the actors and others involved in the show, I think that fans who love to blame Gimple will be disappointed. His role seems to be to implement Kirkman's vision and meet AMC's budget demands. Most of the problems do seem to involve Kirkman, the other producers, and the AMC executives. Both Darabont and Mazzara point the finger at Kirkman for their firing.

On 11/2/2018 at 8:25 PM, mightysparrow said:

I've been waiting for the TWD tell-all for years.  I KNOW there are a lot of actors out there dying to spill some tea.  And it's going to be HOT!  IronE Singleton, Laurie Holden and Chad Coleman have been hinting about behind the scenes skulduggery for years.  

I've always been interested in what went down, what kind of show we'd be watching with Darabont still at the helm (providing he wouldn't have fired the entire cast & crew in one salty e-mail) and what the actors really think. It was my understanding that DeMunn, Bernthal and Holden were very much team Frank. Again, I admire the actors for not complaining publicly but so many great characters have been disposed of to be replaced by a lot of people I'm not all that invested in.

Cohan's is the second departure in two seasons that seems incredibly problematic. She had somewhere else to land as well as a bit of experience. But now that we've seen Future Judith the firing of Riggs makes even less sense to me. 

I'm trying to piece this all together with AL's statement last night that he's been seriously looking to get out for a couple of years. I can't guess when they decided to a time jump and TV movie contract with AL and why he actually agreed to it if it took him so long to actually separate from the show. I'm torn between believing all the blind items and blaming Negan, so I'm gonna go with blaming Negan.

2 hours ago, JackONeill said:

Thanks.

Thank you! We have 9 years of TWD and however long we've been saddled with Fear. I need some spreadsheets at this point in time of the ZA.

I guess I will look forward to the movies just to see Rick again and how the stories branch out. But I found FTWD so disappointing (and I'm also reminded of when Law & Order tried to bring back Mike Logan with a one & done movie that I'm still annoyed with) that I'm skeptical how these stories will unfold.

• Love 2

Heisenberg said:

"It is the only thing I care about since the first glimpse of the helicopter.  I keep wishing that where the helicopter goes there is a real civilisation.  No mad max, no little house on the prairie, a real place with computers, scientists and stuff.   Maybe a cure?

But it was all so poorly done that I gave up.  The lady with the twins for example...  Anyone knows who the fuck they are and why they passed by?

There was just too many loose strings but now my interest is back.  More than with judith and the gang,

If they devellop that plot that is... They can also forget about it, I guess they don't really care in fact. A flash once or twice per season... 

It makes me think of Lost, turning in circles to finish with nothing at the end.  I hope not.'

I think that the helicopter is the link between the series and the movie. I'm not sure how they're going to continue to throw the helicopter into the plot of TWD now that Jadis is gone. On the other hand, I don't really know that Jadis is gone; she wasn't shown in the copter with Rick.

I f by the twins you mean Helga and the other woman with Georgie, then I think they were slated to be continuing characters in the show after the All Out War thingie was done. I like Georgie; I was hoping her story would be a portal to a story line about other groups who have succeeded and are trying to rebuild civilization along pre-ZA norms (within reason given the circumstances_. But after the ending of What Comes After and the time jump, I'm not sure at all.

You do have to wonder, at least I do, if all this Walking Dead movies-stuff is some last-ditch effort to patch up things with Lincoln.

Or more likely -- Maybe it's TPTB hedging their bets.  Every article you read mentions the declining ratings. That's been no secret for a few years. If this show were on CBS, ABC or NBC it almost certainly would have been cancelled by now. Then again this is AMC the channel with few hits, so keep that in mind. They can probably spend TONS of money on TWD and be happy just to get the tax write-offs. That is, AMC may not be about making money, though they would like to do that. But their threshold is lower than something like ABC. What else—Well, FTWD is hanging on by Morgan's fingernails. And now that Lincoln's gone (and Maggie) who is the audience for TWD??? Especially if they try to push a 12-year-old girl on us. (No offense meant to the actress! But this isn't Save The Bell.)

Now, I'm no accountant, but I also wonder about such things as—Does AMC or Kirkman or even Gimple have any ownership interest in the studio in Atlanta? I live here, and though movies have been made here before TWD, I think it was TWD that allowed the "funding" (and building) of the studio. Now, Atlanta is competing with the likes of LA when it comes to movies and TV shows. And that's where the BIG money is, and there are all kinds of incentives offered in that area. But you have to have a product to take advantage of it, and their product was running out of gas. So, I can see TPTB thinking a few years ago, "How do we extend what we have here?" . . . "How 'bout if we set some movies around Andy's character?" And no offense to Andy, but they may have gone with him because it was probably too risky to bank their entire future on some an unknown lead. Andy has name recognition, such as it is. (Again, no offense meant. But he's no Daniel Craig.)

• Love 1
2 hours ago, OoohMaggie said:

So no fuss, no appearance on TD, just shuffle her off left of stage while everybody is looking at that damn helicopter.  They obviously didn’t want anything taking the spotlight off Golden Boy and his ‘last’? Act. So all those years and not so much as a wave goodbye, I can’t wait to see how they explain it on the show, or will they even bother, Hershel who? 

Didn't she talk to Jesus about maybe going to wherever Georgie hangs out? She probably did that.

In any case, when i read Cohen was leaving i was pretty miffed because it meant we'd never get that moment of closure between her and Negan, as that happens much, much later in the comics.  So i was really glad to see they had "moved it up " and put it in here. The character needed that. 

13 hours ago, Johnny Dollar said:

I know actual timelines and problematic things like the calendar are easily ignored on this show, but with this latest time jump, it’s now getting closer to twenty years since the ZA started. Unless the walkers are having baby walkers (which I have to admit would make for a great show - all rights reserved), they are still carbon based life forms who haven’t eaten in years and who should be literally turning into dust. 

With the time jump, it is closer to 10 years since the Zombie Apocalypse started, not 20 years. Not all the humans would have turned at the same time. Millions would have survived the initial infection, only to die of disease, accidents, and natural causes over the years so there would be walkers ranging from older decomposing to recently turned. Also, the walkers would not only have humans to eat, there would be other animals that they can feed off. 

Edited by SimoneS
  • Love 4

The "movies" are never going to happen.

Saying Rick lived and you will see him in a movie (no release date - nothing on when it will go into production) is to prevent more audience members leaving.

I hate that they are lying like this, but I do understand as they are desperately trying to keep the show on the air, and losing Andrew Lincoln is a huge problem.  He was the glue on the screen and behind the scenes.

His last seen with Melissa McBride - she had a hard time holding back the tears.

• Love 4
19 minutes ago, mrspidey said:

moved it up " and put it in here.

‘Rushed it up and squeezed it in’ seems more fitting to me, but that could just be the mood I’m in after finding out I’ve been shafted by the show, again  lol

Edited by OoohMaggie
  • Love 2
3 minutes ago, Macbeth said:

The "movies" are never going to happen.

Saying Rick lived and you will see him in a movie (no release date - nothing on when it will go into production) is to prevent more audience members leaving.

I hate that they are lying like this, but I do understand as they are desperately trying to keep the show on the air, and losing Andrew Lincoln is a huge problem.  He was the glue on the screen and behind the scenes.

I think at least one movie will be filmed. After all AMC is financing them and it are likely for its premiere streaming service which it is trying to get off the ground.

• Love 1
5 minutes ago, SimoneS said:

I think at least one movie will be filmed. After all AMC is financing them and it are likely for its premiere streaming service which it is trying to get off the ground.

Well good luck on that project.  I will not pay for that.  And I don't think many people will either.  Cable is already so expensive- there is only so much cash.  Every network is trying to do netflix some of their own property.  Nope.  

• Love 5
57 minutes ago, SimoneS said:

With the time jump, it is closer to 10 years since the Zombie Apocalypse started, not 20 years. Not all the humans would not have turned at the same time. Millions would have survived the initial infection, only to die of disease, accidents, and natural causes over the years so there would be walkers ranging from older decomposing to recently turned. Also, the walkers would not only have humans to eat, there would be other animals that they can feed off. 

Except the show does not portray a world where millions survived and slowly turned.  Way back in season one episode one, Rick wakes up in a completely zombie-infested Atlanta with humans long gone.  And out in the surrounding countryside the number of people in total seem to number in the hundreds or low thousands.  There's nothing to suggest that the zombies gain any actual sustenance by eating as obviously their internal organs are rotted out.  The fact that they would still be walking around eight years into the future from the end of last season makes no sense, since throughout the show from the very beginning they have always been depicted in a dilapidated state.  Muscles and ligaments would harden and decay very quickly, and they shouldn't even be walking around eight weeks after the ZA started let alone eight years.  I was willing to suspend disbelief as long as events took place within a couple of years from the outbreak, but eight years is just too much.

This show would have been so much better if they actually portrayed a slow collapse of civilization, but that's not how the comics are.  It also would have been much more accurate if it had conveyed what really would happen in an apocalypse, which would be that the military with all its resources would take over, but they are nowhere to be seen in TWD.  Maybe Rick flying of in a chopper with Jadis is the first hint that they are out there and operating out of their many bases across the country, but I'm not convinced of that.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, JackONeill said:

This show, I am afraid, is going to become about kids, the millennial generation, with only an occasional visit from the "wise and ancient" Aunt Carol and Uncle Daryl. They will be like Mr. Rogers sometimes stopping in to check on the neighborhood.

Like "the 100".  I hope they won't wear long vampires leather coats with studs on it.

• Love 2
3 hours ago, JackONeill said:

In the clip for next week's show, which is after the time jump, I believe I saw Negan STILL in the jail cell. So, they've kept him in a jail cell for SIX years?!?! Putting aside the issue as to whether Negan should even still be alive, look at it more practially—They are keeping Jeffrey Dean Morgan, who is perhaps one of the better actors on the show despite his going over the top characterization (he must have attended the William Shatner Sholl of Acting), hamstrung. It'd be like having Ella Fitzgerald on the show but not letting her sing.

Well... at least 3/4 of Negan’s on-screen time was devoted to rambling monologues; a jail cell should be a perfect setting to continue THAT.  I mean - what else is there to do in a jail cell, other than shit in a pot?  ;)

• Love 2
2 hours ago, maystone said:

I think that the helicopter is the link between the series and the movie.

I did not know about the movies,  thaks for bringing me here.

2 hours ago, maystone said:

she wasn't shown in the copter with Rick.

Yes she was, she is the one waking him up.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Dobian said:

It also would have been much more accurate if it had conveyed what really would happen in an apocalypse, which would be that the military with all its resources would take over,

But how long would the military function effectively? Most soldiers have family, parents, wives, husbands, children, at what point, and that point would definitely come, would your average soldier, sailor or airman, think about protecting their own family over and above any perceived duty to you and I ? I think that point would come about, especially in a global catastrophe, a lot sooner than most non military people would imagine. I for one would be putting my loved ones first at a very early stage in events. The belief that ‘The Military’ would be there to save us is, in the event  of a ZA, nothing more than a romantic notion, the 7th Cavalry would definitely not be charging in to save the day.

Edited by OoohMaggie
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, OoohMaggie said:

Speaking as someone who knows very little about guns, is it feasible for a child of Judith’s age / size to be using, with great accuracy, Rick’s Python?

Absolutely NOT.  It's totally stupid.  She wouldn't even be able to pull the trigger.  Her had wouldn't even fit around the handle, she could never reach the trigger and pull it.  It would be too heavy for her to hold onto anyway.  It's totally stupid (just realized I typed that twice, and I'm leaving it there).  This very small girl looks 7 not 10.  Not that a 10yo could do it anyway.

• Love 5
22 minutes ago, OoohMaggie said:

But how long would the military function effectively? Most soldiers have family, wives, husbands, children, at what point, and that point would definitely come, would your average soldier, sailor or airman, think about protecting their own family over and above any perceived duty to you and I ? I think that point would come about, especially in a global catastrophe, a lot sooner than most non military people would imagine. I for one would be putting my loved ones first at a very early stage in events. The belief that ‘The Military’ would be there to save us is, in the event  of a ZA, nothing more than a romantic notion, the 7th Cavalry would definitely not be charging in to save the day.

Oh they wouldn't be there to save us, they would fill the void and become the new civilization when the current one collapses.  They have totally defended bases in isolated areas with huge supplies and resources, and the means to gather a lot more.  They are made in the real world to survive and function in the event of an apocalypse, like a nuclear one.  For them to go extinct when yahoos like the Termites and the Saviors are thriving makes no sense.  The thing about loved ones is a valid point.  I don't know how they would handle bringing in a certain number of civilians onto a base.  Definitely no more than immediate family, spouses and children.

Edit: Should add that obviously they have a strong leadership structure and disciplined soldiers trained in combat and survival, which pretty much goes without saying.

Edited by Dobian
  • Love 2
3 hours ago, JackONeill said:

You do have to wonder, at least I do, if all this Walking Dead movies-stuff is some last-ditch effort to patch up things with Lincoln.

I wondered that, too. 

• Love 1
6 hours ago, SimoneS said:

I was reading about these movies featuring Rick Grimes. I notice that nothing is being said about where they will be aired which makes me think that they will either be on AMC Premiere or on AMC. 

This is the perfect moment for Danai to leave. AMC will never pay her what it should and being tied to the show will limit her opportunities to do other projects. They can always give her an open ending so that Michonne can reunite with Rick one day.

I think the Variety article specifically mentioned them being on AMC. 

I agree about Danai, and maybe this movie package is a grand plan to keep  A listers involved in TWD world after leaving the show.  So Danai could quit the series but appear in a couple of films with Andy.  I mean, I would watch that.  I'm sick of the show itself, but to bring back the faves in what's basically a two hour special would be good.  And the series regulars like Daryl could also be in them.  It might actually be a good idea. lol

What I am currently irritated about is that they have pretty much played out a very long Dumpstergate on us.  When it "leaked" that Andy was leaving the show, I thought maybe that was due to someone (even Andy himself) being pissed about Chandler and the direction of the show, and once it was out they made the best of that situation.  Now it seems pretty clear that the show leaked it and spent all this time building up all this nonsense about Andy quitting, just to pull this SURPRISE! WE'RE MAKING MOVIES NOW on the audience.  So, I hate them, and their show, and I especially hate this Judith nonsense.  But I will probably watch a Rick Grimes movie.  I want to know how he could be kept away from his family for six years.

• Love 4
17 minutes ago, peach said:

Absolutely NOT.  It's totally stupid. 

Thanks, I was rather thinking the same, how big is the kick on one of those things? It must weigh her down walking with it never mind just  holding it, but I thought I’d ask lol

• Love 1
21 minutes ago, Dobian said:

I don't know how they would handle bringing in a certain number of civilians onto a base.  Definitely no more than immediate family, spouses and children.

I was thinking more of the guys and girls leaving their posts and going to find and protect their families, which would lead to a breakdown in military effectiveness, im not suggesting they would all leave for anything less than an end of the world scenario, they did touch upon this in Fear The Walking Dead, albeit only briefly. Once a point in the breakdown of civilisation has been reached, each person has to make a choice, military or not and I still feel that ‘family’ will win out over all else.

• Love 1
12 minutes ago, OoohMaggie said:

Thanks, I was rather thinking the same, how big is the kick on one of those things? It must weigh her down walking with it never mind just  holding it, but I thought I’d ask lol

I'm not saying she couldn't EVER get a shot off, but the idea of it being her sidearm is insane.  There are a lot of posts about it on the episode thread, somebody said it would weigh 3 to 4 pounds loaded.  I'm a small adult with small hands and it's really hard to comfortably hold a pistol and not overextend to reach and control the trigger.  A Colt Python is even bigger.   They don't call it a hand cannon for nothing.  lol

• Love 4