Type keyword(s) to search

Spoilers and Speculation

• Start Topic

I just read something (somewhere. there are many articles out today) that "suggests" Michonne might get the movie treatment, too. No discussion of when. Sounds like talk to me. But the article did mention that the actress and TPTB are in contract negotiations, which I think is true (article also mention her other recent work). And Andy went through contract negotiations not too long ago. I wonder if this "movie thing" is some new business ploy to get out from having to pay an actor more money. Maybe it's some kind of a tax angle or a piece of the pie as payment. I don't know. I know there are smarter people out there that will probably have a read for what this is all about, but it has something to do with money. Not art, despite what Gimple says. This is yet another way to bleed the body dry of all blood.

• Love 2
4 hours ago, chick binewski said:

I guess I will look forward to the movies just to see Rick again and how the stories branch out. But I found FTWD so disappointing (and I'm also reminded of when Law & Order tried to bring back Mike Logan with a one & done movie that I'm still annoyed with) that I'm skeptical how these stories will unfold.

I gave up on FTWD after the first 2-3 episodes in.

It was like AMC had taken some dysfunctional family Lifetime movie and threw some zombies into it.

I even tried to give a fresh start this past season when Morgan was banished from TWD to try save it.

Ugh, nope, still have even less than zero fucks to give about this show despite loving Lennie James. 

4 hours ago, SimoneS said:

From seasons one to six, I thought (and still think) that TWD was one of the best shows in television history. I have done several re-watches of those seasons and still think the same every time. No show is perfect despite the nostalgia that ignores the sucky writing and bad acting of some of the shows that people proclaim as the best ever. TWD is right there up, IMO. I miss what the show was and will never be again.

I used to get so excited waiting for the newest season to be available to buy on DVD.

The last season I bought was season 6.  I've no desire to feed any more money to AMC whether it's via merchandise, DVDs, or their newest fuckery, "AMC Premium," where if you pay you can get episodes of TWD ONE! DAY! EARLY! and the first few minutes of the next episode, too.  

No thanks, AMC (although I admit I probably would have gone Premium a few seasons ago when it was...well, actually worth it).

Trying to milk more money out of this show is like trying to extract blood from one of the zombies.  

Edited by Persnickety1
  • Love 5
6 hours ago, OoohMaggie said:

But is soooooooooo could have been!(on of the best shows)

Yes, it could have, with more talented showrunners, better writers who have some concept of how adults think and act, and if it had been on HBO or one of the other premium channels that don't have all-powerful advertisers calling the shots and who think the audience is composed of idiots and children who must be protected from everything except explicit violence, gore and vulgar/endless commercials.

• Love 2

Hi, 

I thought Rick's last show was great. They did a good job. Lots of movie magic with the horse sticking around as long as it did, but still a darn good episode. The toddler Judith looked like Shane, and the tween Judith looks like her momma. It was an AWESOME fx job with the bridge blowing up and all those walkers falling off. The crew did an awesome job. The extras were perfect in their falling off the bridge like it was raining walkers. I think AK is doing a great job. 

I think I figured out what an A, and a B means. It appeared that Jadis/Ann was either going to kill the chopper guy out right, or have him take her back to their place. But, she tells the guy she has a B after seeing Rick in need of medical help. I think an A means after a bite, and B means before a bite. What do you think of that AB theory?

I'm so glad they left Rick's leaving open ended. That means in a year, or two he can show back up. A nice long rest in the UK with his family and he can come back. I'm sure the shows they will be filming will be in the UK. Not just for Rick, but it is suppose to be cheaper to film in the UK. 

1 minute ago, WalkerTalker said:

Hi, 

I thought Rick's last show was great. They did a good job. Lots of movie magic with the horse sticking around as long as it did, but still a darn good episode. The toddler Judith looked like Shane, and the tween Judith looks like her momma. It was an AWESOME fx job with the bridge blowing up and all those walkers falling off. The crew did an awesome job. The extras were perfect in their falling off the bridge like it was raining walkers. I think AK is doing a great job. 

I think I figured out what an A, and a B means. It appeared that Jadis/Ann was either going to kill the chopper guy out right, or have him take her back to their place. But, she tells the guy she has a B after seeing Rick in need of medical help. I think an A means after a bite, and B means before a bite. What do you think of that AB theory?

I'm so glad they left Rick's leaving open ended. That means in a year, or two he can show back up. A nice long rest in the UK with his family and he can come back. I'm sure the shows they will be filming will be in the UK. Not just for Rick, but it is suppose to be cheaper to film in the UK. 

My AB theory came about when she called Rick a B. You can call Rick many things but not a B, lol. 

• Love 1

Wait, that's a wrap for Maggie too? Well damn. Who did the actress piss off? 

About the military, didn't we see on the spinoff that the military lasted, like, two weeks or so? They had people fenced in, then one of the characters led a herd to a stadium or something and they were...I remember the military neither being useful nor long-lived. And then it was boats or whatever. 

Has a show ever evaporated into movies before? I know they can get movie versions later, but this conscious shifting seems unusual to me. 

3 hours ago, peach said:

I'm not saying she couldn't EVER get a shot off, but the idea of it being her sidearm is insane.  There are a lot of posts about it on the episode thread, somebody said it would weigh 3 to 4 pounds loaded.  I'm a small adult with small hands and it's really hard to comfortably hold a pistol and not overextend to reach and control the trigger.  A Colt Python is even bigger.   They don't call it a hand cannon for nothing.  lol

Here’s what I posted on the episode thread in response to a comment about NuJudith’s ability to handle Rick’s pistol:

5 hours ago, Nashville said:

It would definitely explain why the Hat was laying on the ground, though; every time Judith cut loose with a round the Hat might stay where it’s at, but Judith would end up about three feet back.  :>

Just kidding - although it would make for a GREAT visual.  One second Judith is wearing Hat and sighting the gun, the next split second a puff of smoke and Hat spinning in the air - with no Judith underneath....    :D

In truth, though, Judith could’ve been shooting .38 Special rounds instead of .357 Magnum; much less recoil, and probably a helluva lot easier to find when scavenging.  But a 6” Colt Python is STILL a damn heavy chunk of steel (3-4 lbs fully loaded) for a grown man to hold steady for multiple follow-up shots on-target - much less a preteen - especially for accurate head shots every time.  

But - Hollywood!

3 or 4 pounds may not sound like much, but fatigue sets in surprisingly quickly because you don’t just hold that much weight out at extreme arm’s length - you have to manage it.  You’re picking your target, setting sights on it, aiming, and squeezing the trigger - all while holding it perfectly steady.  Keep in mind, most of the length (and weight) of that pistol is extended out past your hand.  And you have to control the pistol between shots as well, else the recoil is liable to send that 3-4 lbs of steel back to bust you right between the eyes.

Now do it again.  And again. And again.  For EVERY shot.  

Because that’s what they’re talking about: making multiple accurate head shots, at distance, with a handgun.  Even with a 6” barrel any wobble, no matter how minuscule, will throw off a shot at such a small target - and yeah, it’s small.  At 20 yards a human (or walker) head is somewhere around the size of a grapefruit, and the distance from the hipster heap to the edge of the woods was something like twice that.

So yeah - no offense Judith, but I have my doubts.  ;) 

• Love 6
17 hours ago, JackONeill said:

Or more likely -- Maybe it's TPTB hedging their bets.  Every article you read mentions the declining ratings. That's been no secret for a few years. If this show were on CBS, ABC or NBC it almost certainly would have been cancelled by now.

After Game of Thrones (maybe), TWD is the highest rated tv drama in the key 18-49 year old demo, especially when the +3 day ratings are included.  No network would cancel TWD. In fact, they would give their right eye for its ratings. This is why AMC isn't cancelling TWD any time soon.

Edited by SimoneS
8 hours ago, Nashville said:

It would definitely explain why the Hat was laying on the ground, though; every time Judith cut loose with a round the Hat might stay where it’s at, but Judith would end up about three feet back.  :>

Just kidding - although it would make for a GREAT visual.  One second Judith is wearing Hat and sighting the gun, the next split second a puff of smoke and Hat spinning in the air - with no Judith underneath....    :D

Oh! FFS , I can’t get that image out of my mind, that is just hilarious, I couldn’t take her seriously before but now.........

In the finest tradition of Hanna-Barbera!

Edited by OoohMaggie
  • Love 2
8 hours ago, Nashville said:

Is that why Rick can’t hit a 5’10” Negan shaped target, he’s got girly wrists?

it reminded me of a scene from one of my favourite films, although there’s no recoil I can imagine the hat spinning,  (note to The Gimp, that’s how to make a great film)

at 1:26

Edited by OoohMaggie
  • Love 2
15 hours ago, Persnickety1 said:

AMC Premium," where if you pay you can get episodes of TWD ONE! DAY! EARLY! and the first few minutes of the next episode, too.  

Isn’t it also advert free? after watching the US broadcast live for the first time, I can understand how that would be attractive, they drove me nuts.

Edited by OoohMaggie

Maybe the show should just go full-on CW and aim for the Riverdale demo. Judith could fall for a hot, brooding walker from the other side of the tracks/bridge/chasm and her stepmom Michonne learns that raising a teenager is much harder when you’re a single parent with not much chance for romance. 

• Love 2
2 hours ago, SimoneS said:

After Game of Thrones (maybe), TWD is the highest rated tv drama in the key 18-49 year old demo, especially when the +3 day ratings are included.  No network would cancel TWD. In fact, they would give their right eye for its ratings. This is why AMC isn't cancelling TWD any time soon.

Gee that’s interesting because I found this on a site calle TV by the Numbers (have no idea who they are.) 

“Although its ratings are down this season (as are those of most network shows), “NCIS” remains the No. 1 drama on CBS in both adults 18-49 and total viewers. It’s averaging a 1.4 rating in the 18-49 demographic and 13.12 million viewers the night it airs (down 17 percent and 10 percent vs. last season). It improves to 2.2 and 17.22 million with a week of delayed viewing.”

Methinks there’s more to ratings than what would seem obvious. Putting aside numbers, every article I have read about TWD these last few weeks (from a number of different sources) have commented on the falling numbers, with the implied — or clearly stated — point being that TWD was facing “issues” of a declining viewership.

Edited by JackONeill
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, JackONeill said:

Gee that’s interesting because I found this on a site calle TV by the Numbers (have no idea who they are.) 

“Although its ratings are down this season (as are those of most network shows), “NCIS” remains the No. 1 drama on CBS in both adults 18-49 and total viewers. It’s averaging a 1.4 rating in the 18-49 demographic and 13.12 million viewers the night it airs (down 17 percent and 10 percent vs. last season). It improves to 2.2 and 17.22 million with a week of delayed viewing.”

Methinks there’s more to ratings than what would seem obvious. Putting aside numbers, every article I have read about TWD these last few weeks (from a number of different sources) have commented on the falling numbers, with the implied — or clearly stated — point being that TWD was facing “issues.”

TVbytheNumbers (TBTN) is the number one Web site for reporting the tv ratings. All networks have a highest rated scripted show. NCIS is the number one rated drama show on CBS, ABC's number one is Grey's Anatomy (I think), and This Is Us is NBC's number one.  TWD's rating in the key demo last week was 2.0 in the 18-49 demo (even higher when the +3 day live ratings are factored in) which is  higher than the number one dramas on all the other networks (except maybe This Is Us) and the demo ratings for Rick's last episode which will be reported today are likely to be higher. Yes, TWD's ratings are declining in the key demo, but it is extremely impressive that it is still one of, if not the highest rated drama on all the networks after nine seasons. No network is cancelling TWD with those ratings.

Edited by SimoneS
  • Love 3

TV ratings are something that's hard to get a proper handle on without context.  Yes, TWD's ratings are down.  But it broke all previous records for cable programming in the first place, which gave the show a long way to fall.  Those early-middle seasons the show was pulling network TV numbers, which almost never happens in cable.  So while it's definitely true that current ratings are less than half of what they were at their highest, they're still pretty damn respectable by most of the metrics the people who have the money and make the decisions use.  We can talk about all the possible reasons why that is: too much Negan, most shows see dropoff as they age as far as nine seasons, etc., but it's hard to imagine anyone seriously talking about cancelling a show still consistently pulling 5-6 million viewers a week.  For comparison's sake, Better Call Saul is AMC's current critical darling.  It averaged between 1.3 and 1.7 million viewers this last season and AMC didn't hesitate to greenlight another season for it.

• Love 3
20 hours ago, Dobian said:

This show would have been so much better if they actually portrayed a slow collapse of civilization, but that's not how the comics are.  It also would have been much more accurate if it had conveyed what really would happen in an apocalypse, which would be that the military with all its resources would take over, but they are nowhere to be seen in TWD.  Maybe Rick flying of in a chopper with Jadis is the first hint that they are out there and operating out of their many bases across the country, but I'm not convinced of that.

And dont forget the power plants! Even The Last Man on Earth, a sitcom that was unfortunately canceled recently, had a few episodes devoted to the gang fleeing to Mexico due to all the power plants melting down.

In relation to the above comments about numbers, the show is only looking forward,

“Reedus will make $350,000 per episode on The Walking Dead, and guarantees in his new contract reportedly make the deal worth anywhere between $50 million and $90 million over the next three years. McBride's new deal is said to be worth around $20 million over the same time period, which gives her a significant pay increase”

taken from here,

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/walking-dead-norman-reedus-melissa-mcbride-ink-franchise-deals-danai-gurira-eyes-new-pact-1158025

far from being affected by numbers, the franchise looks to be somewhat of a ‘cash cow’ for those lucky enough to be among the chosen few. 

Edited by OoohMaggie

That gun that Judith is toting can’t be Rick’s Python. He was using his Python when he blew up the bridge. I refuse to believe that the gun would survive intact and new looking. If they could even find it afterwards. It should be at the bottom of that rushing river still. 

• Love 2
4 hours ago, OoohMaggie said:

Oh! FFS , I can’t get that image out of my mind, that is just hilarious, I couldn’t take her seriously before but now.........

lol....................................... . Thx for the visual Nashville. A true Hanna-Barbera vision. I can see the comic book version now. 

• Love 1
5 minutes ago, Smad said:

Scariest thing on this whole show I've seen so far is long-haired Carol.

True. True. Hiding that beautiful face behind the hair is a sin. And I say that in a mothering way, not a perv. But yet all the women have time to shave their underarms to the tee and even Carol has short hair...or HAD it- for years. To that point, everyone in a Z.A. needs to sport as short as possible hair for safety. PLEASE scare us more! No more flat out DRAMA! 

I commented this to Carl not Carol lol oops. Though MM is beautiful as well . Please cut these people's hair!

Edited by Kdawg82
Commented responding to Carl!! Oops
  • Love 2
57 minutes ago, Ocean Chick said:

That gun that Judith is toting can’t be Rick’s Python. He was using his Python when he blew up the bridge. I refuse to believe that the gun would survive intact and new looking. If they could even find it afterwards. It should be at the bottom of that rushing river still. 

So should Rick.  lol

• Love 5

You’re welcome.  :D

Is that why Rick can’t hit a 5’10” Negan shaped target, he’s got girly wrists?

Maybe.  ;)   Strange thing, though; shot management and recoil control is a REALLY REALLY personally subjective thing.

Take 10mm Auto ammunition, for example.  After a shootout gone bad in which a couple of FBI Special Agents died (primarily due to a lack of effective firepower) the FBI put out a contract for a more effective ammo round, and the 10mm Auto was the result.  Thing was, though, the more effective round was apparently too “hot” for most of the FBI field staff; they complained about getting beat up by it simply by practicing at the shooting range.  In response the FBI switched to a load with a significantly reduced powder charge - the “10mm FBI” - which eventually became the .40 S&W* round.

Funny thing, though: I’m not a “big guy” by any measure (except maybe horizontal) and my wrists would never be described as massive, yet I regularly shoot full-load 10mm with zero problems - and do so accurately.  On a given range day I’ll usually go through about 100 rounds, and at any distance 20 yards or less I’ll be driving nails all day long.  Over 30 yards depends upon which pistol I’m using, but even with my worst I’m still hitting 7 or 8 out of 10.  ;)

So - either I’m a shooting wizard (which I REALLY doubt), the majority of FBI agents are total wusswrists (which I REALLY hope not), or some other unknown factor is in play.  Which is why I won’t absolutely rule out Judith’s proficiency - but I’m highly skeptical.

* Smith & Wesson - although 10mm aficionados refer to it as “Short & Weak”.  ;>

86588A5C-0CBE-45D8-BEAE-F431F8914B7E.gif

• Love 3

Well played TWD, I was truly conned.  I thought Andrew Lincoln decided to leave the show because of the shabby treatment Chandler received and that he disapproved of the direction his character was being taken.  That he thought it was time to bring Rick's story to an end.  I had heard about the rebar and the helicopter bullshit, but when the bridge exploded and the survivors turned and walked away to grieve, there was a moment when I thought tptb had actually chosen storytelling and art, for the first time in years.  What a fool I was.

I have to admit that I'm most surprised by Andrew Lincoln.  He's an actor and an actor needs to work but I can't believe he'd stoop so low that he'd team up with the likes of Gimple.  Maybe Lincoln realizes he's typecast for life and Rick Grimes is the only lead part he'll ever get.  And I'm sure they threw a lot of money at him.  But watching that maudlin interview on Talking Dead made me a bit sick, as he sat there and lied to the fans who've supported him for years.  It was no surprise to see that smug, sleazy smirk on Gimple's face; he was born that way.  But to see it echoed with AL was a let down.

• Love 3

Bag guy looks remarkably like DJ, Jed’s sidekick and obviously survivor of the ‘Battle Of Coral’s Bridge’. I’m assuming the time warp means we won’t see what actually happened and those surviving Saviours are now living in peace and harmony with their former antagonists.

15CCC4C9-4FD2-43FA-BE78-32EA8712F77D.jpeg

• Love 1

THE WALKING DEAD: Maggie’s Final Episode Goes Completely Unnoticed
On November 7, 2018   By Dave Penner
http://www.thathashtagshow.com/2018/11/07/the-walking-dead-maggies-final-episode-goes-completely-unnoticed/

The Walking Dead Season 9 episode “What Comes After” premiered on November 4, and was the final episode featuring Rick Grimes (Andrew Lincoln). The episode got the show a decent bump in ratings, but many were left scratching their heads after learning that it also served as the final episode for the character Maggie (Lauren Cohan).
Fans of the show have known for a while that Cohan wanted to leave the show due to not receiving enough money from the network. Ultimately, she decided to jump ship after eight seasons, signing on to the upcoming show Whiskey Cavalier on ABC.
Angela Kang, the showrunner for the series, told The Hollywood Reporter the following: “That’s the last of her for this season… I would hope it’s not the last you’ll see of her for the show, but she is not in any immediately forthcoming episodes.”
The show is seeing some of the lowest ratings since Season 1, and has been the target of criticism for its long, drawn out storylines that don’t seem to ever be fully flushed out. We’ve speculated in the past that they indeed may have longer-term plans for her, but suffice it to say, this is a pretty disappointing and disrespectful exit.

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 4
3 hours ago, 1 who Knocks-Nuihc said:

Man o' man. So sorry for your loss.  :(

Thanks, especially after the reprieve we experienced on the old forum, but as tv echo stated above, the way she was just yanked off with the old ‘Vaudeville Hook’, while everybody was concentrating on Golden Boy’s last hurrah was appalling. 

Edited by OoohMaggie
  • Love 4

From TSDF Army.  Q&A Episode 9.6 “Who Are You Now?”

1. How does the episode begin?

It opens with Michonne visiting the area where she thinks Rick died. She talks to him, and it's obvious she still misses him very much. As she leaves the area, we see that the bridge was never rebuilt. She then stumbles on an abandoned car, finds a little toy sheriff and takes it with her.

2. What happened to Maggie?

We don't know yet.

3. Has Daryl been living alone during the time-jump? Do any other characters still try to connect with him?

From what we can tell, yes he has. Carol comes looking for him at the end of the episode.

4. Do we meet Daryl's dog in this episode?

No

5. What is going on with Carol? Has she established her place as queen?

Carol is very different now, and not just in appearance. She seems to have flipped back to being a pacifist. At least until she leaves with Henry to take him to the Hilltop so that he can apprentice under Earl. They run into some Saviors, including Regina and Jed. The Saviors rob them, and also take Carol's wedding ring. Henry yells at her for that afterwards, saying he can't believe she just let those Saviors walk all over her. This must have impacted her, because she tracked down the Savior who took her ring, gets her ring back, and lit him up, burning him alive.

6. What has changed over the past 6 years?

Well, obviously Carol has changed. Michonne has also changed and is now the new leader and head of security at Alexandria. She has hardened and absolutely refuses to allow any new survivors in.

7. How is everyone dealing with Rick's death?

Carol and Michonne seem to have been impacted the most, and Daryl has left the group and is living out in the wilderness.

8. Have any new relationships formed? Did anyone have babies?

Rosita and Father G are now a couple! (Who knew half blind dudes with collars got this much play?) Michonne also has a son, but we don't know his name yet.  (Jokingly referred to on site as Rebar Grimes.)

9. What else can you tell us about little Rebar Grimes?

We only see him for a split second. He comes running towards Michonne saying, “Mom!” and leaps into her arms.

10. What’s up with Judith in this episode?

She pleads with her mom to let Magna’s group stay. She also visits Negan for help with her homework. Negan tries to get information about the new group out of her, but Judith Grimes isn’t falling for Negan’s bullshit.

11. Do we find any resolution to the riot that occurred before the time jump? Do we find out if anyone died?

No, and no.

12. Is the scene with the water tower in this episode? What's going on there?

It seems Father G has taken over Eugene's role from the comics of secretly using a radio to try and find other survivors. However, the signal is weak, and so Rosita recruits Eugene to go to the water tower to install some type of amplifier.

13. What can you tell us about Magna's group?

They're just a regular group of survivors, with the only troublemaker being Magna. They go before Alexandria's "council" so they can determine if Magna and Co. will be allowed to stay. Magna ends up blowing it by hiding a knife in her belt and lying about her background. Michonne notices a prison tattoo on her wrist, and Magna never said anything about prison. Michonne decides to take Magna’s group to the Hilltop, and mentions “she can help them there.” (Maybe referencing Maggie?) 

14. Are the Whisperers finally seen in this episode?

Yes, the episode ends with the scene of Eugene and Rosita camouflaged in mud as the Whisperers pass by.

So basically they've skipped ahead six years but didn't bother to resolve any of the stories they had going.  Rogue Saviors are still running loose, Rick apparently managed to Johnny Appleseed Michonne before he rode off on that helicopter into the sunset, and Negan is still around and helping Judith with her homework!?!  Sure, okay.

• Love 7
11 hours ago, OoohMaggie said:

Thanks, especially after the reprieve we experienced on the old forum, but as tv echo stated above, the way she was just yanked off with the old ‘Vaudeville Hook’, while everybody was concentrating on Golden Boy’s last hurrah was appalling. 

AMC is so low.  They really treat people like crap if they challenge them or just if they're done with them.

46 minutes ago, nodorothyparker said:

From TSDF Army.  Q&A Episode 9.6 “Who Are You Now?”

, and Negan is still around and helping Judith with her homework!?!  Sure, okay.

Seriously wrong. 

4. Do we meet Daryl's dog in this episode?

No

Burning questions.

5. What is going on with Carol? Has she established her place as queen?

Carol is very different now, and not just in appearance. She seems to have flipped back to being a pacifist. At least until she leaves with Henry to take him to the Hilltop so that he can apprentice under Earl. They run into some Saviors, including Regina and Jed. The Saviors rob them, and also take Carol's wedding ring. Henry yells at her for that afterwards, saying he can't believe she just let those Saviors walk all over her. This must have impacted her, because she tracked down the Savior who took her ring, gets her ring back, and lit him up, burning him alive.

1.  Carol was never a pacifist.
2.  WTF?  lol.  SO for 7 and a half years, she did nothing about any of them, even after they murdered people, now she suddenly sets one on fire.  I'm laughing because I said she would do that to a bitch just yesterday.

Rosita and Father G are now a couple! (Who knew half blind dudes with collars got this much play?)

WAT?  Ridiculous.

10. What’s up with Judith in this episode?

She pleads with her mom to let Magna’s group stay. She also visits Negan for help with her homework. Negan tries to get information about the new group out of her, but Judith Grimes isn’t falling for Negan’s bullshit.

That plucky, precocious 10yo!  She's not falling for a powerful warlord's bullshit!!  Judith's too smart for that guy that tried to kill her brother!

My God, this is every kind of terrible.

• Love 6

Those spoilers sound so weird. I don't know, like six years don't fit with the story that they seem to want to tell. Maybe less time would have been better, but then Judith couldn't have been Carl #2.

ROSITA AND GABRIEL? WHAAAA? NOOOO. No. No.

I know I am probably alone in my own corner, but I wonder how/where Tara is. I've always rooted for her because I think she's cute and because, in spite of  having "redshirt" written on her forehead when she first arrived, she has managed to last for so long that now I really don't want her to die.

• Love 4
2 hours ago, peach said:

Shane wouldn't be doing no homework!  lol

It was in regards to falling for Negan's BS. Shane would have killed that guy first chance he got if it threatened Carl's/Judith's life. If Judith doesn't fall for Negan's BS, she has to be Shane's daughter.

Edited by Smad
  • Love 3

Even with the ridiculousness of saviors still being alive and around all these years later, it is difficult to believe that they are still so stupid as to fuck with Carol. You would think they would give Carol, Michonne, and Daryl a wide berth. 

• Love 7

Ask Ausiello: Spoilers on Riverdale, Walking Dead, The Conners, Manifest, The Affair, Veronica Mars and More
By Michael Ausiello / November 8 2018, 11:00 AM PST
https://tvline.com/2018/11/08/veronica-mars-revival-tina-majorino-mac-hulu-season-4/

Question: Give me a reason to stick with The Walking Dead. Or don’t. That’s OK, too. —Kirk
Ausiello:
Whether this will motivate you to tune in or out, Sunday’s “Who Are You Now?” — the first episode of the post-Rick era — makes it clear who will be filling the Carl void going forward, reveals a new romance (but still not for poor Daryl!) and serves just desserts to a baddie who’s long had ’em coming. It also includes a moment that would’ve been downright chilling, had it not been spoiled by the promo that followed “What Comes After.”

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 2
10 hours ago, Smad said:

It was in regards to falling for Negan's BS. Shane would have killed that guy first chance he got if it threatened Carl's/Judith's life. If Judith doesn't fall for Negan's BS, she has to be Shane's daughter.

I know,  I was just kidding!

2 hours ago, OoohMaggie said:

Small farewell clip,

”I owe you everything”, still one of the best scenes anywhere, ever.

Gonna miss that bowlegged badass who still cries over babies.

• Love 7
21 hours ago, nodorothyparker said:

Now, honey, this is one Lousiville Slugger. And this is one strand of barbed wire. We wrap it around the bat and what do we have? One plus one equals one helluva killing machine!

• Love 2
On 11/5/2018 at 10:29 PM, Nashville said:

Here’s what I posted on the episode thread in response to a comment about NuJudith’s ability to handle Rick’s pistol:

3 or 4 pounds may not sound like much, but fatigue sets in surprisingly quickly because you don’t just hold that much weight out at extreme arm’s length - you have to manage it.  You’re picking your target, setting sights on it, aiming, and squeezing the trigger - all while holding it perfectly steady.  Keep in mind, most of the length (and weight) of that pistol is extended out past your hand.  And you have to control the pistol between shots as well, else the recoil is liable to send that 3-4 lbs of steel back to bust you right between the eyes.

Now do it again.  And again. And again.  For EVERY shot.  

Because that’s what they’re talking about: making multiple accurate head shots, at distance, with a handgun.  Even with a 6” barrel any wobble, no matter how minuscule, will throw off a shot at such a small target - and yeah, it’s small.  At 20 yards a human (or walker) head is somewhere around the size of a grapefruit, and the distance from the hipster heap to the edge of the woods was something like twice that.

I’ve shot magnum rounds.  My hand was bruised for awhile.  I’m bigger than that pipsqueak.  I don’t care if she were shooting cotton balls, that weapon is too much club for her, probably too much for many adults.   Even if she could fire it, her accuracy would be shit.  Give the brat a pellet gun and send her off to collect some squirrels. 

I HATE how they have Judith this new role.  No one in any alternate universe would use an adolescent as an armed enforcer, and no group of desperate adults would obey her tweener commands.  Damn it, Coral earned that role.  

• Love 7