Type keyword(s) to search

Spoilers and Speculation

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, raven said:

I don't know about this spoiler article because we know the first paragraph is wrong, about a bunch of Saviors ambushing Rick...

Well, I hope it's wrong, because it's more horrifying than being attacked by walkers.  Negan fills the vacuum left by Rick???????  I mean, we've sort of joked that they would make him the main character, but this is insane.  The article also states that this is why Maggie leaves and strikes out on her own.

Rick reaches the gates of Alexandria, but by then, he’s turned walker. Meanwhile, Negan is out of his cage, according to the spoilers leak. It looks like he gets the Saviors under control when they show up to Alexandria not too far behind dying Rick. It looks like Negan telling Rick he was “just getting the new world ready for me” was spot-on.

Other leaks from The Walking Dead promise that Negan moves back into a prominent role in the vacuum left by Rick’s death. The other communities allowing a supposedly reformed Negan to take back the Sanctuary is what spurs Maggie Rhee (Lauren Cohan) to leave.

I'd imagine it will spur the rest of the audience to leave, too.

• Love 10

Lauren has a new show, but there's no guarantee it will last. Seems like half the network shows I end up liking get canned, quickly. And Mile 22 wasn't some huge hit like Black Panther was for Danai. I'm sure Lauren is in some demand, but it never hurts to leave a door open for a paycheck if possible.

I can't even with the idea that Negan is reformed or leads this show. UGH. That better not happen. As terrible as the writing on the show can be, I find it hard to believe Daryl doesn't take Negan out if he gets a chance.

• Love 3

It seems as though this "Rick's departure" episode could go several different ways -- and whichever way it goes will probably be disappointing and/or anticlimactic.  Although it would make sense if the helicopter somehow played into it, it sounds like it would leave us with another under-the-dumpster-ish scenario of sorts, as we wonder about whether or not he survived.  

If Andy is truly leaving the show as an actor and is not coming back outside of directing, I'd rather that they just rip off the Band-Aid and get it over with.  Give us something final that doesn't leave us guessing.   Not that I want Rick to die from some problematic rebar, but I also don't want him to be ripped to shreds by a horde of walkers.  Maybe he can shoot himself in the head, or someone else can shoot him if they find him.

• Love 3
20 minutes ago, peach said:

blocked in your country."  Can you summarize?

That’s strange, it’s normally us outside the US who get blocked, anyway, most of it is shown in the two sneak peeks on the previous page, him in the hospital bed, talking to himself, helicopters etc, the only extra is it shows how he escaped from  the rebar and got on the horse.

• Love 1
2 minutes ago, OoohMaggie said:

That’s strange, it’s normally us outside the US who get blocked, anyway, most of it is shown in the two sneak peeks on the previous page, him in the hospital bed, talking to himself, helicopters etc, the only extra is it shows how he escaped from  the rebar and got on the horse.

It’s probably some of the AMC Premiere proprietary content - subscription-only access.

• Love 2
8 hours ago, TVFan17 said:

It seems as though this "Rick's departure" episode could go several different ways -- and whichever way it goes will probably be disappointing and/or anticlimactic.  Although it would make sense if the helicopter somehow played into it, it sounds like it would leave us with another under-the-dumpster-ish scenario of sorts, as we wonder about whether or not he survived.  

If Andy is truly leaving the show as an actor and is not coming back outside of directing, I'd rather that they just rip off the Band-Aid and get it over with.  Give us something final that doesn't leave us guessing.   Not that I want Rick to die from some problematic rebar, but I also don't want him to be ripped to shreds by a horde of walkers.  Maybe he can shoot himself in the head, or someone else can shoot him if they find him.

It would be best for the audience if they'd just let Rick live or die without uncertainty, but I'm another one who doesn't believe it will be written that way. Why? Because everything that has been written on TWD since the end of season 6, at least, has been written to advance AMC's business model of instead of for the purpose of writing a good story or making a good TV show.  Rather than blame Gimple entirely for killing Carl, I will always believe that AMC refused to pay CR a salary comparable to the other show leads, thus Gimple was ordered to kill him off. Rather than allow Maggie to be mad at Daryl for even a minute for contributing to Glenn's death with his impulsive actions, she had to forgive him because the Daryl character is AMC's merchandising cash cow. No one can get mad at Daryl. Even after he completely screwed the plan for AOW and rammed a garbage truck into the Sanctuary unnecessarily, nobody got mad at him.

And Negan? Lordt! AMC wants to shift the focus of the show to Negan and keep this show going long, long, looong after its expiration date because.......greed. That's why nothing can penetrate his plot armor and the show has been willing to sacrifice both Carl and Rick to further their pipe dreams of Walker spinoffs, and Walker movies, and a Walker TV shows that last 20 years (yeah, good luck with that!). That's why they continue to spin madly that "Rick and Negan are the same" and "Simon bad; Negan good", and "Negan only murdered and terrorized because the Sanctuary couldn't grow crops". UGH!

I said all of that to say that I believe Rick's departure will be open-ended because they will need to use the Rick Grimes character as the pad to launch these zombie movie classics they dream of making.

• Love 6
14 hours ago, mightysparrow said:

I have a sneaking suspicion that Negan and Michonne are going to become besties after Rick's 'death'.  Who else is Michonne going to turn to?  Has she alienated her friends while she's been playing First Lady of the ZA?  Looks like Negan's redemption might be paid for with Michonne's good name.

Please don't speak that into the universe.

Sigh...

• Love 8
13 minutes ago, LydiaMoon1 said:

Because everything that has been written on TWD since the end of season 6, at least, has been written to advance AMC's business model of instead of for the purpose of writing a good story or making a good TV show.

Loved your whole post.  Yes, yes, yes to this.  I remember during Dumpstergate, when we were still waiting for the outcome, that Greg Nicotero bragged in an interview that they were creating water cooler moments like they have in Game of Thrones.  Sure, cliffhangers are exciting in a well-written show, but doing them for the sake of getting buzz is just garbage.  I'm not sure they even know the difference. 

Maybe this is what happens when special effects geniuses rise to the top of the storytelling matrix.  POW, BLAM, GROOOSSS!!, NOOO!! OMG!!!....these people are usually not responsible for the structure they are enhancing.

It's frustrating, because they could have made this empire or spin-offs and movies with the iconic characters of Rick and Carl.  So much potential.   I feel they have killed the goose the lays the golden eggs.

• Love 11
12 minutes ago, peach said:

It's frustrating, because they could have made this empire or spin-offs and movies with the iconic characters of Rick and Carl.  So much potential.   I feel they have killed the goose the lays the golden eggs.

Yeah, what could have been. If they'd allowed TWD to have a beginning, a middle, and a real end, they could have gone down in the annals of great TV like Breaking Bad. Instead, they're going to beat this dead horse into the ground until they lose all credibility and respectability. Andy is smart to get out while he can. I pray Danai's exit is close behind.

• Love 7
15 hours ago, mightysparrow said:

What are they doing to Michonne?  Is she really stepping up to Maggie to protect NEGAN?  Is she that dickmatized that she's forgotten what right and wrong is?    She's going to put Glenn's name in her mouth to DEFEND NEGAN? 

Finally, someone says what I've been saying since this "No one harms Negan by decree of Rick and his girlfriend" mess began. Maggie: "If they butchered Rick in front of you...if you had a child to raise alone because of (Negan)..."

Yeah, whole different story then I bet. Michonne wouldn't be listening to Maggie telling her, "Rick wouldn't want it this way" and say, "You're right. Let's keep him safe and continue feeding and caring for him."  That this whole "I'll do anything to keep my boyfriend" thing has survived an apocalypse is kind of freaky.

25 minutes ago, peach said:

Maybe this is what happens when special effects geniuses rise to the top of the storytelling matrix.

Other than Shiva, I"ve not seen any SFX that that weren't kind of cruddy and amateurish. But yes, this is what movies also have come to - minimal story and what there is of it is just a vehicle for bigger, louder and more effects.

Edited by AngelaHunter
  • Love 5
52 minutes ago, LydiaMoon1 said:

And Negan? Lordt! AMC wants to shift the focus of the show to Negan and keep this show going long, long, looong after its expiration date because.......greed. That's why nothing can penetrate his plot armor and the show has been willing to sacrifice both Carl and Rick to further their pipe dreams of Walker spinoffs, and Walker movies, and a Walker TV shows that last 20 years (yeah, good luck with that!). That's why they continue to spin madly that "Rick and Negan are the same" and "Simon bad; Negan good", and "Negan only murdered and terrorized because the Sanctuary couldn't grow crops". UGH!

If that’s AMC’s business model, then they done fucked up.  The moment (a) Rick is dead and (b) Negan steps out of that cell a free man, then I’ll be stepping too.

• Love 8

I'll be interested to see how things shake out once Rick is gone and if Negan takes over.  I'd be especially interested to see if a relationship evolves between him and Michonne.   I love hate sex!

16 hours ago, maystone said:

You know, the whole trailer reads to me like Rick is fantasizing. That "your whole flashes in front of your eyes" trope, except in this case, he's mixing the past with the present: in that scene of him approaching the DON'T DEAD  OPEN INSIDE door, he's wearing his current clothing, not a hospital gown. I thought I saw a flash of him and Shane sitting in uniform in their patrol car looking out (and laughing?) at a wrecked car. Or Rick leading that massive horde back into Atlanta in a reversal of the iconic first episode shot.

My gut is telling me that this whole episode takes place between the time Rick loses consciousness and when they actually start ripping into him.

Went back and watched the first episode again, and Ricks current injury is the same spot his original injury was which required the hospitalization I think we will come full circle, same injury area, riding a horse definite call back to the beginning 

• Love 3
2 hours ago, peach said:

Loved your whole post.  Yes, yes, yes to this.  I remember during Dumpstergate, when we were still waiting for the outcome, that Greg Nicotero bragged in an interview that they were creating water cooler moments like they have in Game of Thrones.  Sure, cliffhangers are exciting in a well-written show, but doing them for the sake of getting buzz is just garbage.  I'm not sure they even know the difference. 

Maybe this is what happens when special effects geniuses rise to the top of the storytelling matrix.  POW, BLAM, GROOOSSS!!, NOOO!! OMG!!!....these people are usually not responsible for the structure they are enhancing.

I could be wrong, but I don't think I am. And I don't like to get personal but ... wasn't Nicotero a make-up guy at the start of TWD? Then, at some point, they let him behind the camera. My point—He ain't no Speilberg, and certainly no Hitchcock!!! Hell, I think the director who did the first Night of the Living Dead put together a better product on a way much more limited budget and with actors who were no actors (and knew it, and accepted it.)

On another unrelated point, I'm pretty sure Jeffrey Dean Morgan mentioned on TTD, sort of under his breath, that TPTB let his charcter—Negan—become too big (can't remember the precise words) the last two seasons. Interesting. Even he knows it.

• Love 7

Yet another series where, for the first few seasons, I kept thinking "Hoo boy, the complete seasons boxed set at the end of this is gonna be AWESOME!" How wrong I was, again. I am sick and fucking tired of ego-tripping show runners.

• Love 7
17 hours ago, maystone said:

You know, the whole trailer reads to me like Rick is fantasizing. That "your whole flashes in front of your eyes" trope, except in this case, he's mixing the past with the present: in that scene of him approaching the DON'T DEAD  OPEN INSIDE door, he's wearing his current clothing, not a hospital gown. I thought I saw a flash of him and Shane sitting in uniform in their patrol car looking out (and laughing?) at a wrecked car. Or Rick leading that massive horde back into Atlanta in a reversal of the iconic first episode shot.

My gut is telling me that this whole episode takes place between the time Rick loses consciousness and when they actually start ripping into him.

Rick’s version of An Occurrence at Owl Creek Bridge?  Interesting, especially given the bridge tie-in.  ;>

• Love 3
2 minutes ago, Nashville said:

Rick’s version of An Occurrence at Owl Creek Bridge?  Interesting, especially given the bridge tie-in.  ;>

I was wondering when someone was going to bring that up. And if that's the way this goes, it'll be so typical that TPTB couldn't find a way to be more original. Yet, they'll gloat about how marvelous they are. If that is how this episode plays out, they better give credit. (BTW, in that Twilight Episode, back in the '60s, there was some really cool, and moody, music.)

• Love 2
1 hour ago, JackONeill said:

I could be wrong, but I don't think I am. And I don't like to get personal but ... wasn't Nicotero a make-up guy at the start of TWD? Then, at some point, they let him behind the camera. My point—He ain't no Speilberg, and certainly no Hitchcock!!! Hell, I think the director who did the first Night of the Living Dead put together a better product on a way much more limited budget and with actors who were no actors (and knew it, and accepted it.)

On another unrelated point, I'm pretty sure Jeffrey Dean Morgan mentioned on TTD, sort of under his breath, that TPTB let his charcter—Negan—become too big (can't remember the precise words) the last two seasons. Interesting. Even he knows it.

IA, especially about Nicotero. His zombies are awesome, but his directing sucks.

• Love 3
26 minutes ago, JackONeill said:

I was wondering when someone was going to bring that up. And if that's the way this goes, it'll be so typical that TPTB couldn't find a way to be more original.

Yup.  I’ve been suspecting the possibility ever since the terms “flashbacks” and “hallucinations” started getting bandied about.  And seeing as how the previews show Rick going here / there / everywhere - in all different directions and situations - ALL with the same hole in him...?  It’s too much, especially for someone with a mortal injury; at least half the scenarios we’re being shown must be hallucinations.  Better see a “Special Thanks To” Ambrose Bierce in the credits. :P

26 minutes ago, JackONeill said:

Yet, they'll gloat about how marvelous they are. If that is how this episode plays out, they better give credit. (BTW, in that Twilight Episode, back in the '60s, there was some really cool, and moody, music.)

I was thinking the short story, not the TZ episode - I’d forgotten about that - but you’re right; that TZ episode was deftly handled.

Would that we could hope for the same here - but the only thing this crew handles “deftly” is a scripted sledgehammer.

• Love 4
On 10/29/2018 at 3:38 AM, OoohMaggie said:

Trailer & Sneak Peek 1

It is either a dream sequence and he is laying on the rebar dying as the dead approach. The show ends with the dead eating him alive. Or, he is up and at em trying to save team Rick by leading the dead to Atlanta. The hospital cops capture him, heal him and imprison him to hard labor. Open ended death, Rick could come back once the others realize he is captured, or he escapes. Nice break and family time across the pond,and he returns, winwin. 

• Love 1
On 10/28/2018 at 10:30 PM, Mu Shu said:

It mKes no damn sense!  You have a copter, fuel, someone to fly it, and you use it for that?  How boring is your life!

Help me here, what the heck  do you think they are up to? They want an A or a B. She lets a walker bite them first, what the heck is going on? 

• Love 3
1 hour ago, WalkerTalker said:

Help me here, what the heck  do you think they are up to? They want an A or a B. She lets a walker bite them first, what the heck is going on? 

As I said before, you have the resources to put a bird in the air, you can get your own damn specimens, the whole Jadis scene was laughable, the show fell back onto its old problem, trying to fit too many scenarios into one episode, I  thought they’d gone beyond that by now.

Edited by OoohMaggie
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, LydiaMoon1 said:

IA, especially about Nicotero. His zombies are awesome, but his directing sucks.

I always thought his directorial episodes were rather better than most, each to their own I suppose.

Edited by OoohMaggie
  • Love 3

Did I miss a discussion of (from the spoiler) the homage to the Gone with the Wind scene, also set in Atlanta, of Miss Scarlett (now Mr. Rick) walking through the mass of wounded (now totally dead Walking Dead) all lying on the ground?

• Love 6
4 hours ago, JackONeill said:

My point—He ain't no Speilberg, and certainly no Hitchcock!!!

Well, if he were Speilberg, we'd get sappy, maudlin, highly-manipulative garbage, but it would be well-done. When our PTB do this, they attempt to be heart-rending and manipulative but they fail miserably every. single. time. The last time I had any real emotional reaction to an event was when Merle died. Their heavy-handed, dumb, cliff-hanger bullshit with Glenn and Abe just left me annoyed and irritated.

1 hour ago, OoohMaggie said:

the whole Jadis scene was laughable, the show fell back onto its old problem, trying to fit too many scenarios into one episode,

Okay, so one thing they still know how to do on this show is make the momentum grind to a screeching halt and bore the audience so badly that by the time they get back to whatever action is happening and after a mind-numbingly huge stretch of idiotic commercials, we no longer remember or care what's going on.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, AngelaHunter said:

Well, if he were Speilberg, we'd get sappy, maudlin, highly-manipulative garbage, but it would be well-done. When our PTB do this, they attempt to be heart-rending and manipulative but they fail miserably every. single. time. The last time I had any real emotional reaction to an event was when Merle died. Their heavy-handed, dumb, cliff-hanger bullshit with Glenn and Abe just left me annoyed and irritated.

Nicotero directed This Sorrowful Life and 26 other episodes so far. I thought a lot of the eps he directed in the earlier years were great. I just want all of the production people to take a deep breath, don't believe your own press, think about the things you did right, and just back to doing that, please.

• Love 7
9 hours ago, MrsRafaelBarba said:

Please don't speak that into the universe.

Sigh...

I can't tell you how sick the thought makes me.  And I'd love to be proven wrong.  But I can't see them taking Michonne anywhere else.  The second Michonne mentioned Andre to Negan, all to get him to EAT A FUCKING SANDWICH, I knew she was doomed.  The loss of Andre drove Michonne mad with grief.  But now were supposed to believe that fucking Rick Grimes and raising HIS children has removed all the pain and grief of losing Andre away and she's able to talk about him with a psychopath.  Hell, not only has Michonne gotten over the loss of Andre, it appears that she'd gotten over the loss of Carl too.  Remember Carl, the kid that brought her back?

Let's face it.  We know Rick Grimes ain't all that.  How long was he 'dead' before Lori was all over Shane's dick?  Eighteen months of Rick Grimes is enough for Michonne to forget the sound of Glenn's skull being crushed?  Enough that she would step up to Glenn's widow?  Michonne was a woman of honour.  That scene between Michonne and Maggie is vile because it's completely beneath Michonne  She would be gentle with Maggie, if not for Glenn then for Hershel's sake.  From where I'm sitting there's nothing going on in Rick Grimes' drawers that would cause Michonne to turn on her friends and get chummy with Negan.

Michonne is one of the most iconic characters in the TWD universe and they're treating her like this.  They would NEVER do this to Carol and I, for one, am furious.

• Love 6
9 hours ago, AngelaHunter said:

Finally, someone says what I've been saying since this "No one harms Negan by decree of Rick and his girlfriend" mess began. Maggie: "If they butchered Rick in front of you...if you had a child to raise alone because of (Negan)..."

Yeah, whole different story then I bet. Michonne wouldn't be listening to Maggie telling her, "Rick wouldn't want it this way" and say, "You're right. Let's keep him safe and continue feeding and caring for him."  That this whole "I'll do anything to keep my boyfriend" thing has survived an apocalypse is kind of freaky.

Other than Shiva, I"ve not seen any SFX that that weren't kind of cruddy and amateurish. But yes, this is what movies also have come to - minimal story and what there is of it is just a vehicle for bigger, louder and more effects.

Tptb really must hate the fact that Danai's career has moved so far beyond TWD that she's literally in another galaxy. 

• Love 2
7 minutes ago, mightysparrow said:

She would be gentle with Maggie, if not for Glenn then for Hershel's sake. 

Michonne actually looked Maggie right in the eye and invoked Hershel to try and shame Maggie out of killing Negan. Negan! Talk about cringe-worthy. 

Michonne: "Is this what Glenn would want?"

Maggie: (paraphrasing) "I don't know what he would want. He can't say because the guy you're protecting and feeding our food to took great pleasure in bashing his skull in."

Remember the vengeance Michonne took on her loser husband and his friend who were snorting coke instead of watching the baby and let him wander off and get eaten? But Maggie is not allowed to take HER vengeance, because Ricky says so, even if the thought of Negan sitting there sucking up resources, being taken care of and coaxed to eat is like a festering wound to those he devastated and tortured It seems all Rick has to do is wave his mighty python around and women lose all reason, bash their own grannies in the head, turn on their friends and their brains turn to mush.  I don't even like Maggie but in this case, she is so right. I want to know how far Michonne is willing to go to stop her from getting to Negan.

So, TPTB have managed to dumb down, pervert and destroy the characters of everyone, making them unrecognizable and downright detestable to those us who watched from the beginning. Quite an accomplishment of sorts, I guess.

• Love 5

Just a theory, but I'm going with the notion that they will want to make Rick special....so my theory is that all of the upcoming episode 5 will be memories and hallucinations  because Rick dies on the concrete and metal bar. The twist I'm predicting is that HE DOESN'T TURN!....one of the main cast finds his body and he is just plain dead...so the race is on to get Ricks blood to somewhere that could make a cure! (He's humanities ultimate hero!)

• Love 5
13 hours ago, mightysparrow said:

Michonne is one of the most iconic characters in the TWD universe and they're treating her like this.  They would NEVER do this to Carol and I, for one, am furious.

I've never read the comics but was Michonne supposed to be iconic?  Because what I've seen on tv is that Michonne is no saint, never has been.  She's one of the main characters but I never saw anything that special about her.

• Love 5
22 hours ago, Nashville said:

The moment (a) Rick is dead and (b) Negan steps out of that cell a free man, then I’ll be stepping too.

I wish I could say the same, but I know I'll keep hate-watching until the bitter end. I haven't actually enjoyed this show for years, and yet I continue to watch every episode for reasons unknown...

• Love 7
12 minutes ago, IndyMischa said:

I haven't actually enjoyed this show for years, and yet I continue to watch every episode for reasons unknown...

Haha, me too. I call it an "obligation." I finally broke free from Fear the Walking Dead, though. 

• Love 4

What's sad and scary is that once Rick's gone, that'll leave us with only Daryl and Carol from the first season. Michonne, though seemingly in the top tier, joined the crowd in Season 3. Now maybe she has the chops (no pun intended) to lead, but frankly I haven't seen it. Or, at least, I haven't been overwhelmed by it. Sure she's a warrior, but can she lead. She didn't seem to be able to handle Negan. (Not that Rick could, either)

I know TPTB are "elevating" Daryl to the ruling class, but I think that's more from sheer necessity. I mean who else would they? But Daryl was always a lone wolf, and never displayed much long-range vision. (Which I think Rick had, even though he failed sometimes in executing it.) And can you see Daryl sitting down with Eugene to discuss some complicated issue???

Carol is a great character and can lead, but does she want to? Like Morgan, she sometimes gets stuck on the moral dilemma of it all. Rick, on the other hand, made split decisions (usually).

Lauren Cohen (Maggie joined in the second season, but is considered part of "the original team") is leaving soon. So, again, that leaves Daryl and Carol to lead, and when I say that I mean lead from a global standpoint like Rick did. Yeah, there's Ezekial and Jesus ... but c'mon!

Oh, yeah, we have Tara and Aaron and Rosita and a few others, but seriously—where is this new world heading and who's going to lead it? I suppose, sadly, it'll be Negan.

• Love 6
5 minutes ago, Superclam said:

Haha, me too. I call it an "obligation." I finally broke free from Fear the Walking Dead, though. 

Same here; it’s not easy, but it IS doable.  And having done it once - and knowing you have the capacity to do so - makes a repeat proposition a helluva lot less scary.  Kinda like quitting smoking.   ;)

And as far as TWD goes - it’s less like me abandoning the show, and more like the show abandoned me first.  Just took me 2 or 3 years to catch on, is all.

18 minutes ago, JackONeill said:

Oh, yeah, we have Tara and Aaron and Rosita and a few others

Well, most of Aaron, anyways....

(Too soon?)

;>

• Love 8
1 hour ago, Ohwell said:

I've never read the comics but was Michonne supposed to be iconic?  Because what I've seen on tv is that Michonne is no saint, never has been.  She's one of the main characters but I never saw anything that special about her.

Being 'iconic' doesn't mean being a saint, at least not in my opinion.  Michonne is a very flawed character in the comics (I don't read the comics so what I know is what I've read).  In my opinion, ever since Michonne appeared on TWD, tptb have gone out of their way to make sure that Michonne isn't as important and influential on the show as she is in the comic.  Making her Rick Grimes' 'little woman' was the final nail in the coffin.  It made a lot of fan-fiction writers happy but it diminished the character, in my opinion. 

• Love 1
2 minutes ago, Superclam said:

I also quit smoking, and similarly, I find myself thinking about it occasionally. Like "maybe just one episode. It won't hurt me." 

Don’t do it; before you know it, you have to quit all over again.  ;)

That’s the voice of experience talking.  :P   A week-long vacation/cross-country drive in a vehicle with a wife and daughter who both smoke screwed me over - but I had stayed quit about 5 years before I relapsed, so knowing there IS life on the other side makes all the difference.  :)

• Love 4
14 hours ago, AngelaHunter said:

Michonne actually looked Maggie right in the eye and invoked Hershel to try and shame Maggie out of killing Negan. Negan! Talk about cringe-worthy. 

Michonne: "Is this what Glenn would want?"

Maggie: (paraphrasing) "I don't know what he would want. He can't say because the guy you're protecting and feeding our food to took great pleasure in bashing his skull in."

Remember the vengeance Michonne took on her loser husband and his friend who were snorting coke instead of watching the baby and let him wander off and get eaten? But Maggie is not allowed to take HER vengeance, because Ricky says so, even if the thought of Negan sitting there sucking up resources, being taken care of and coaxed to eat is like a festering wound to those he devastated and tortured It seems all Rick has to do is wave his mighty python around and women lose all reason, bash their own grannies in the head, turn on their friends and their brains turn to mush.  I don't even like Maggie but in this case, she is so right. I want to know how far Michonne is willing to go to stop her from getting to Negan.

So, TPTB have managed to dumb down, pervert and destroy the characters of everyone, making them unrecognizable and downright detestable to those us who watched from the beginning. Quite an accomplishment of sorts, I guess.

Very well said.  What's makes me angriest is I believe that Michonne is doing this because it's what RICK wants, not what she wants.   Michonne isn't living her own life; that's why she's going out at night to kill walkers.  Michonne was never 'some man's woman' even before the ZA, as we saw in her flashback.  Now she's living another woman's life.  In fact, she's living ANDREA'S life because Andrea is the one who ends up with Rick in the comics.  It's not a good fit which is why we see Michonne betraying her own nature to make some guy, who isn't worthy of her, happy.

• Love 5
On 10/28/2018 at 11:12 PM, peach said:

It's making me angry to think that they have set Rick up to be SO wrong about everything, and had everyone apparently tell him so as their last conversations with him, and then he just fucking falls on rebar and dies a failure, alone, and knowing everyone disagrees with him.  9 years to end treating the hero like garbage.  The people who make this show are awful.

Yep. It sounds like he'll be in a similar state to Daryl, when he hallucinated his brother, only Rick dies. 

Hershel died to someone like Negan - I almost stopped watching when they killed him off that way - so I doubt his advice would be anything like Morgan's "all life is precious" now. 

I'm not even curious about the helicopter. I don't remember the last time I was - because I hate it when a show keeps dropping something in like that, and doesn't follow up. It's been nine seasons - too long. 

I wasn't keen on Shane, so I can't believe he's the one reason that I would tune in, if I decided to watch on Sunday. I hated the love triangle, and the fact that he was all over Lori and not leaving her alone (almost forcing himself on her that one time), killed an innocent man to get away from walkers, but I actually miss his character (compared to Negan). 

• Love 3
14 hours ago, AngelaHunter said:

I want to know how far Michonne is willing to go to stop her from getting to Negan.

She’s an ace with the sword, but she’s in the wrong location to use it, my money’s on the crowbar, with a year and a half’s worth of vengeance and blind hatred backing it up, sorry Mrs Rick but you’re going down, so do what you know is right and open the damn door!

• Love 1
55 minutes ago, Superclam said:

Haha, me too. I call it an "obligation."

Same here. It's like people who spend a fortune on lottery tickets and even if they never win they have to keep buying them because they've invested so much and they're sure the next one will be a winner. Or on a rainy/snowy night I get all settled in and then think, "Oh, shit. I have to walk the dog."

1 hour ago, Ohwell said:

She's one of the main characters but I never saw anything that special about her.

Never saw the comics but I've never seen Michonne's greatness either and have no idea what makes her "iconic." Maybe she's the only character who, until lately when she entered the "I'll turn on my friends to keep my man" phase, never made a mistake but that sort of perfection is kind of tedious, just as Simon or Negan's pure evil is boring. No surprises there.

And whatever happened to Mrs.Doubtfire and her Rolling Library?

• Love 3
1 hour ago, mightysparrow said:

Being 'iconic' doesn't mean being a saint, at least not in my opinion.  Michonne is a very flawed character in the comics (I don't read the comics so what I know is what I've read).  In my opinion, ever since Michonne appeared on TWD, tptb have gone out of their way to make sure that Michonne isn't as important and influential on the show as she is in the comic.  Making her Rick Grimes' 'little woman' was the final nail in the coffin.  It made a lot of fan-fiction writers happy but it diminished the character, in my opinion. 

Ok, so I guess she wasn't supposed to be with Rick in the comics?  In any event, I still don't see anything that memorable or special about her, other than that dreadful wig.  She's just ok.  

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Anela said:

I'm not even curious about the helicopter. I don't remember the last time I was - because I hate it when a show keeps dropping something in like that, and doesn't follow up. It's been nine seasons - too long.

It's like TWD's version of Lost's smoke monster.

• Love 4