Type keyword(s) to search

Catelynn (and Tyler)

• Start Topic

4 hours ago, mamadrama said:

He's a mean, leaning, Negan machine. And until Rick finds his balls again, Negan is totally hotter to me. 

My husband likes to copy the lean when asking what's for dinner making it seem I'm "in for meeting Lucille " if it's meatloaf again. ?

@dangerousminds sorry, we kinda turned this thread into the walking dead talking about neagan and his sexy lean.

back to the EVER so interesting balterrias. ?

I actually don't have a reason to add my normal "STFU Tyler" when finishing a post because he hasn't been pissing me off this season.

Catelynn has managed to make me feel sympathy for Tyler because every time he tries to talk to her she's yawning (never covers her mouth), indulging, sitting like a orangutan, or yelling NOVAAAAAAALEEEE to crying about her mental illness.

He has actually been, GASP, trying to be productive and she only finds motivation for weddings, trips, and for yelling in the back room pretending to be a badass while Ambuh stomps the stage. I loved how during the "100 things..." special Cate was all "You don't wanna know what I'll do..." we do know "trashy bitch" from a far and have hashtag war with Farrah. Your ass don't have the stamina to take a swing at something other than a quesadilla.

• Love 5
Just now, Calm81 said:

we kinda turned this thread into the walking dead talking about neagan and his sexy lean.

Catelynn has managed to make me feel sympathy for Tyler because every time he tries to talk to her she's yawning (never covers her mouth), indulging, sitting like a orangutan, or yelling NOVAAAAAAALEEEE to crying about her mental illness.

Ooooh, that little back arch. And Negan holding Judith? I no longer have a uterus and yet I still think I felt it give a little quiver. 

I am pissed as hell that Cate has made me feel bad for Tyler. That right there is enough to make me dislike her even more. I can't stand him but when I start feeling sympathy for the Frisch's Big Boy? That crosses a line. 

• Love 7
15 hours ago, Calm81 said:

I'm having a difficult time agreeing with everyone about Tyler's feelings towards Cate. Maybe I just don't read people well, but I actually think he genuinely does love her and that they just aren't lovey Dovey on camera. Cate said on the "100 things you didn't know" special that they refuse to share their sex life on camera, so maybe that is why we think Tyler has no interest in Cate or that they're more like friends than lovers on screen.

I think Tyler cares about Cate...I mean, if something happened to her, or she left him, I think he would be genuinely distraught. I kind of liken C&T to two soldiers who are deployed to a war zone, see some horrible, disturbing shit, spend their time doing things that they would never have thought they'd do, and return home changed people, who find that they struggle to relate to their family and friends who didn't go through that experience with them. Not that I am in any way comparing those in the military to these two idiots, but I think the bond between them is kind of the same. Dysfunctional families, adoption, reality "stardom"- I think Tyler has always felt a very strong bond with Cate that he probably thinks couldn't be replicated with someone else. All that said, I think Tyler is not physically or sexually attracted to her at all. I would bet their sex life is basically 2-3 times a year, when Tyler gets drunk or Cate gets super insecure and wants to have sex to reassure herself.

8 hours ago, DangerousMinds said:

Who? What?

Assume this question relates to the Negan comments? Negan is a villain on The Walking Dead, which got brought up when @mamadrama cleverly joked that Ryan appeared to have been "Lucilled".

I'll spoiler tag the joke for those who haven't seen season 7 of TWD ( or have weak stomachs)...

Spoiler

Negan beats people over the head with a baseball bat wrapped in barb wire. When he hits one character over the head, his eyeball actually pops out of his skull. It is beyond gruesome. Mamadrama was comparing Ryan's weird eye to that character.

Oh, forgot to say, Negan named his bat Lucille, so the poster was joking that Ryan appeared to have been "lucilled"- ie hit over the head with a bat, causing his eye to pop out.

If anyone wants to discuss Negan's hotness in more detail with me, I'll take it over to the Small Tall Thread.

Edited by Tatum
  • Love 5
6 hours ago, leighroda said:

They say they don't share their sex life... yet I can think of at least one occasion where catelynn mentioned Tyler has a large package... plus this show is literally a product of their sex life.

Yep. Cate also said that Tyler is always bugging her for sex. *shudder*

• Love 3
3 minutes ago, DangerousMinds said:

I seem to remember Tyler stating once that he considered sex the most important part of the relationship.

Damn it, and I already used my Sure Jan meme.

I'll just say I'm not in their bedroom (thank god), but my speculation is the above quote from Tyler is a total lie.

• Love 6
17 minutes ago, DangerousMinds said:

I seem to remember Tyler stating once that he considered sex the most important part of the relationship. They may not be fully enjoying it, but I still think they're having it.

I remember that, too. Agree. 

Tyler may use Cate's body for sex, but he surely must be high as the sky. He may also flip her over and makes sure the lights are out.  

Okay, I need to go cleanse my brain of those images.

Edited by GreatKazu
  • Love 2
12 minutes ago, GreatKazu said:

I remember that, too. Agree. 

Tyler may use Cate's body for sex, but he surely must be high as the sky. He may also flip her over and makes sure the lights are out.  

Okay, I need to go cleanse my brain of those images.

Good lord, can I opposite of like this post?? It's almost lunch time! 

Like flipping her over improves the situation. 

• Love 6
1 hour ago, DangerousMinds said:

I seem to remember Tyler stating once that he considered sex the most important part of the relationship. They may not be fully enjoying it, but I still think they're having it.

ITA. The reason being because no one else will have them.

Now, when Tyler said sex was the most important part of the relationship, he might have alluded to masturbation. Tyler is having sex with himself.

Edited by SPLAIN
  • Love 4

I think Tyler loves Cate, but is not in love with her. Hasn't been for years. I see them more as brother-sister. (Which, they kind of were for years.) At this point, I think he's still with her out of obligation and wanting to remain part of "America's Sweetheart" couple of the TM franchise. Cate is super dependent on him and has such low self esteem she likely doesn't even know what a healthy relationship is. Being as how they've really only been with each other, I bet that neither of them really understand the difference between loving someone and being in love. 

• Love 7

Look, my kids aren't always dressed. We homeschool and when we're in the house, with no company, I let them decide what's comfortable. My 6-year-old is famous for hating shirts. I give him one every morning, but it's generally off by mid-day. He likes to sleep in nothing but underwear, then roams around the house like that for hours. My daughter, who is now 5, was frequently in a shirt and underwear only when I was potty training her. I'm not super judgy about that stuff. 

But WHY are you posting it on social media??? Why do you let Nova be FILMED nearly naked??? That's the issue here. Not only could it be embarrassing for her later, but any old creep could be saving those pictures for his/her own personal use. Ugh. They just don't think. 

• Love 13

The prettiest sight there is to see??? I don't see a bong or a cheeseburger anywhere, so can only guess Cate means that the prettiest sight to see is her daughter's back, indicating that she's not bugging Cate for anything, such as attention.

• Love 2
On 12/21/2016 at 4:28 PM, ghoulina said:

I think Tyler loves Cate, but is not in love with her. Hasn't been for years. I see them more as brother-sister. (Which, they kind of were for years.) At this point, I think he's still with her out of obligation and wanting to remain part of "America's Sweetheart" couple of the TM franchise. Cate is super dependent on him and has such low self esteem she likely doesn't even know what a healthy relationship is. Being as how they've really only been with each other, I bet that neither of them really understand the difference between loving someone and being in love. 

I was watching old episodes on Hulu and was surprised because I didn't remember this particular episode... Anyway Tyler wants to go clubbing and Cate actually had break down over it! Crying and just plain pouting,  they even went to see their therapist.  I was like wtf is this? Tyler is asked by a friend can he ever see himself with another girl,  Tyler stares off and simply says "yeah". He then quickly blabs something always wanting to be there for Cate. It actually made me feel bad for Tyler. 

I wish they had not felt the pressure to stay together for this show. Getting married and having a baby was a big mistake for them.  Tyler wanted out for a long time but did feel pressure from Cate and the show.  

• Love 9
2 hours ago, Tatum said:

The prettiest sight there is to see??? I don't see a bong or a cheeseburger anywhere, so can only guess Cate means that the prettiest sight to see is her daughter's back, indicating that she's not bugging Cate for anything, such as attention.

Perfect and so true.

Look!! Nova's hair is combed and in a ponytail! 

Let me see what else I can pick apart in that photo...

4 minutes ago, imjagain said:

I was watching old episodes on Hulu and was surprised because I didn't remember this particular episode... Anyway Tyler wants to go clubbing and Cate actually had break down over it! Crying and just plain pouting,  they even went to see their therapist.  I was like wtf is this? Tyler is asked by a friend can he ever see himself with another girl,  Tyler stares off and simply says "yeah". He then quickly blabs something always wanting to be there for Cate. It actually made me feel bad for Tyler. 

I wish they had not felt the pressure to stay together for this show. Getting married and having a baby was a big mistake for them.  Tyler wanted out for a long time but did feel pressure from Cate and the show.  

I actually remember that scene well. Cate is a blubberring idiot who is so damn jealous and scared Tyler will dip it elsewhere. Knowing Cate, she probably threatened self-harm if Tyler ever left her.

Edited by GreatKazu
  • Love 4

Oh man! The club fiasco! Cate could not be more ridiculous then she was about Tyler wanting to to dancing. He wasn't even trying to go alone, he wanted her there and she still had a fit. Yes he wanted to chew his arm off then. 

When Cate had to get her own apartment was another time we saw a lot of hesitation from Tyler.  She guilt ed the shit out of him for having doubts about moving in with her.

Tyler has been looking at the front door since they gave iCarly away in that parking lot.

• Love 8
1 hour ago, GreatKazu said:

Perfect and so true.

Look!! Nova's hair is combed and in a ponytail! 

Let me see what else I can pick apart in that photo...

I actually remember that scene well. Cate is a blubberring idiot who is so damn jealous and scared Tyler will dip it elsewhere. Knowing Cate, she probably threatened self-harm if Tyler ever left her.

Serious question: what do therapists or other mental health professionals advise if a person threatens self-harm if their partner wants to call it quits ?

• Love 4

At least the orange walls are gone.

Tyler never should have agreed to have another child (I know, it takes two. Maybe it was his idea). He hemmed and hawed forever on even staying with Catelynn. I don't feel sorry for much he does, but his being with Cate makes me sad. I bet Kim wishes things had gone differently. She took Cate in and knows her very well. Kim isn't always very kind about her on camera, but she certainly has Cate's number. The clinging, crying, manipulating. Kim wanted Tyler to find a real career, and she wanted them to separate and have their own lives wayyy back when. Now I think Tyler is caught in his own Bob's Big Boy head of fame and riches. He really thinks this reunion show is his next big break. Throw money at uneducated kids with awful role models and there ya go. 

• Love 5
1 hour ago, ChicagoChris said:

Serious question: what do therapists or other mental health professionals advise if a person threatens self-harm if their partner wants to call it quits ?

For Cate, I think seeing an actual trained, professional mental health professional would be an answer. When she suggested she dudn't want to live, to Kathleen the fake, Kathleen's answer was somethi ng like, no, people would miss you. Subject dropped . 

Dudn't is supposed to be "didn't" it won't let me edit!

Edited by ginger90
  • Love 2
5 hours ago, Brooklynista said:

Oh man! The club fiasco! Cate could not be more ridiculous then she was about Tyler wanting to to dancing. He wasn't even trying to go alone, he wanted her there and she still had a fit. Yes he wanted to chew his arm off then. 

When Cate had to get her own apartment was another time we saw a lot of hesitation from Tyler.  She guilt ed the shit out of him for having doubts about moving in with her.

Tyler has been looking at the front door since they gave iCarly away in that parking lot.

She was so fucking ridiculous. She was shitting bricks.

Cate didn't want Tyler to be anywhere where there would be girls who were thinner, prettier, and who were likely to throw themselves at him because he was on TM. My thinner and prettier comment is not mine, but what I suspect Cate feels in her own head. Tyler would likely take interest in someone who is good-looking and takes baths on a daily basis, so I can't say I blame him.

5 hours ago, ChicagoChris said:

I have wondered that myself.

When I mentioned Cate threatening to harm herself if Tyler left, I personally don't think she would have ever mentioned such a thing to Kopy Room Kathleen or even Dr. Jen in Couple's Therapy. I think it was something she may have said to Tyler to keep him in check. I don't believe she would actually harm herself as much as use the threat to ensure Tyler stay put. Tyler is then put in the miserable spot of staying with Cate out of fear. I can also imagine Cate telling Tyler to never bring up her idle threats to anyone and  manipulating him to feel like the culprit for even daring to speak up about his true feelings.

• Love 4
On 12/23/2016 at 1:14 PM, ChicagoChris said:

To get out of the relationship and cut off contact. It was the advice I was given and a co-worker received the same info from a psychologist when she left her controlling husband. He was at work and threatened to kill himself, and a psychologist was called. They asked Kelley to come to a meeting, and she did. After the ex left for the hospital visit, the psychologist told her that she had to leave him and cut off contact. She didn't want to cut of contact with her step-children as she was the only mother they knew, their biological mother having abandoned them when she broke away from her husband, their father, and Kelley's soon to be ex-husband. The psychologist told her the next step would be threatening to withhold the children from her if she didn't accept his control, and she would end up in the hospital herself, after he put her there.

In my case, I had already left and was feeling guilty. A domestic violence counselor was called by my co-worker and told me I had to cut off contact, that self-harm was a major precursor to serious future violence on me. It's emotional blackmail, and according to her, always results in violence. Fortunately, this was before cell phones and social media, with very few people having internet access, so it was easier to cut off contact. He later showed up at my door, beating on it and demanding I talk to him. I slipped out my bedroom window and ran to a neighbor's house who was a police officer. My ex's dad was also a cop, and I was afraid my ex would get away with injuring me, because his dad was quite abusive and nothing was ever done about him. I truly believe he also thought his dad would get him out of trouble. The cop wasn't home but his wife let me in and called a cop who came and told him to leave or he would be arrested. His dad was notified, blamed me for controlling his son and making him crazy, just like the abuser he was, but it embarrassed him to have his son contacted by the LEOs, and he made him stay away from me.

TL:DR = Threatening self harm is a precursor to violence, and the other person should leave and cut off contact.

• Love 3

Tyler has always had that I WANT A BOY mentality....so this doesn't surprise me at all.  

I do think Cate would like another child, however I also think she's terrified of going down the road of postpartum depression again.  Her depression is so much more though and she is only addressing it a little here or there.  She can't take care of herself, she shouldn't be adding another human to care for.  

I wish she got real therapy.   Someone who could really confront so much of that shit that is down there under the surface.  I also think she needs someone to be able to look at her and Tyler and say that until you can take care of the kid you have full time, it's not the time to have another one.    It's great to have family help, even on a regular schedule, but we've seen that child be raised by others and every once in a while with her actual parents.  

• Love 2

I really hope he's just trying to get attention and that they aren't pregnant already.

He's making it sound like the pregnancy test has been taken and they're waiting to release the big announcement when they learn the babies sex or get another season out of it.

Ugh.

• Love 6
9 hours ago, ghoulina said:

Time for another? Hopefully that's just wishful thinking and not something they're legit working on. Cate seems so opposed. 

She is opposed because Nova suited her purpose - get Tyler to marry Cate. There is no more need for more babies. Nova's work is done. That is why she is at April's. Cate has no need for her and Tyler has no need for a daughter.

Cate's depression is a joke. She, like Amber, only has depression when the cameras are around or when Nova is in need of a diaper change or needs to be fed.

• Love 10

I'll just agree to disagree about Cate's depression being a joke.  It is classic for people who grew up with her level of trauma.  She shows signs of depression almost every single time we see her on screen.  I think her life would be healthier and better if she was no longer on the show and could just live her life and try to get better, but that paycheck....she's never gonna be able to say no to that.  And she and Tyler really enjoy being the D List MTV Celebs, so even when it is over...she'll try to keep it going some other way.  

I'm sure she will have another baby.  She seems to believe that having something else will make her feel better....whether it is a pig, a horse, another baby, etc.  Of course....those things never do the job and she moves on to the next thing.  The new baby will just be the next thing to try to fix whatever is broken within her.  

• Love 12
16 hours ago, shelley1005 said:

Tyler has always had that I WANT A BOY mentality....so this doesn't surprise me at all.  

I do think Cate would like another child, however I also think she's terrified of going down the road of postpartum depression again.  Her depression is so much more though and she is only addressing it a little here or there.  She can't take care of herself, she shouldn't be adding another human to care for.  

I wish she got real therapy.   Someone who could really confront so much of that shit that is down there under the surface.  I also think she needs someone to be able to look at her and Tyler and say that until you can take care of the kid you have full time, it's not the time to have another one.    It's great to have family help, even on a regular schedule, but we've seen that child be raised by others and every once in a while with her actual parents.  

I tend to agree with you, but to be fair, plenty of well-off parents, even those who don't work, pawn off the care of their kids to others. What celebrity does NOT have a nanny (or nannies?)

Edited by DangerousMinds

I think Cate had legit Post Partum. And I do think the idea of going through that again terrifies her. My sister suffered severe PPD with her son, and it actually turned into Post Partum Psychosis, which was quite scary for everyone. They want one more baby and it has really been hard for her to decide if she should risk going through that again. I do think Cate's experience and concerns are real. And it bothered me how Tyler seems to just brush that off. 

But, I do think that Cate USES her struggles to manipulate other people. Absolutely. People can suffer true mental illness and still be assholes on top of it. I don't even really think Cate is an asshole. I see an incredibly insecure girl who was abused and neglected growing up and has thus learned to use any kind of manipulation she can to get people to like her and stay in her life. So I think she plays up her depression and anxiety to a very dramatic level in order to get what she wants. And I think she used her child in that way as well, which is deplorable. This is an extremely unhealthy woman who should not have had kids until she completed some serious therapy. But keeping Tyler and her place on the show was more important. 

The whole thing is sad, really. 

• Love 13

Dear Tyler and Cait,

Please think long and hard before bringing another child into the world. This is a great time in your lives to focus on career plans. The MTV money will not last forever and Cait, although seeming healthy now is susceptible to problems during and after pregnancy.

From a long time fan who is rooting for you 

• Love 1

We've seen her talk about having a big family as a reason not to lose weight, so I wouldn't be surprised if a new pregnancy was a get out of weight watchers free card. 

Maybe they want to keep up with Maci and her sweet storyline. I'm sure the fans are just feeding the monster by imagining all the pretty blond babies these two can pop out. 

• Love 3
4 minutes ago, EmeraldGirl said:

We've seen her talk about having a big family as a reason not to lose weight, so I wouldn't be surprised if a new pregnancy was a get out of weight watchers free card. 

Maybe they want to keep up with Maci and her sweet storyline. I'm sure the fans are just feeding the monster by imagining all the pretty blond babies these two can pop out. 

we all remember that their favorite child is the one who they don't have to raise, right?  and the one that lives w/them doesn't even get pants half the time?  I can't believe she even wants another child, it sounds like that'd be just another "thing"  she'd have to pay attention to.

also, it's easier for a grandma to take one child all the time.  when it's two it's kind of a lot of work, so there might not even be as much help...well, I guess they *could* get another dog, but...

• Love 2
4 hours ago, ghoulina said:

But, I do think that Cate USES her struggles to manipulate other people. Absolutely. People can suffer true mental illness and still be assholes on top of it. I don't even really think Cate is an asshole. I see an incredibly insecure girl who was abused and neglected growing up and has thus learned to use any kind of manipulation she can to get people to like her and stay in her life. So I think she plays up her depression and anxiety to a very dramatic level in order to get what she wants. And I think she used her child in that way as well, which is deplorable. This is an extremely unhealthy woman who should not have had kids until she completed some serious therapy. But keeping Tyler and her place on the show was more important. 

The whole thing is sad, really. 

Most definitely. Cate has had her issues with PPD and I think she has found that she received a lot of compassion from her family, which she should. Many of us of who have endured PPD can attest it is a struggle. My thing is, Cate used it to her advantage and to manipulate. It gave her a reason to act the sloth and not have to get with the program which is be a parent full-time to Nova. She puts on the act by mentioning she is having anxiety or depression-like feelings when it suited her and gave her an excuse to not have to get off her ass. When she wanted to sleep in after binge-watching Netflix for hours - Netflix is her guilty pleasure, something she admitted to doing - she'd throw out one of her many ailments. I think of the Nellie Olsen character on Little House on the Prairie who was injured in a horse riding accident, but she took it to the next level by claiming paralysis. When no one was around, she was a dancing fool. When people were around, she was in bed or in her wheelchair getting sympathy. On a lesser degree, I think of us girls who would claim bad menstrual cramps and heavy bleeding to get out of P.E. or some other activity. Claiming a tummy ache to get out of going to school. As adults, plenty of people call in sick when they really aren't sick or claim to be ill to not have to attend an event or go somewhere where they are expected. It is something a majority of people have done to get out of work, school or something else. Cate takes it to a whole other level, like Amber. 

Cate can do the fun things, go on vacation, travel, have a weekend get-away, go to Boogietown on a regular basis, go with friends, film a ReUnited special for Teen Mom, travel for the TM reunions and specials, and instigate a brawl. I just give the side-eye to someone who seems to have ailments anytime it comes to her having to do her one job - being a parent, but never do those ailments affect her from doing the things I mentioned above.

1 hour ago, EmeraldGirl said:

I wouldn't be surprised either. How lazy and how much of an idiot can she be that in her mind it would be better to be pregnant for nine months than to have to lose weight? She couldn't even adhere to her diabetes diet when she was pregnant. She just threw tons of salt on her food and pretty much threw the middle finger at her health.

I could see those two having that baby boy that Tyler wants because it gives them that storyline plus extra $$$. MTV is like the old welfare system. Pop out another kid, get more money.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, EmeraldGirl said:

As someone who has struggled off and on with weight issues my entire life....I kinda get Cate's mentality, even if it is messed up.  She wants to lose weight, however she also knows how hard it is to lose the weight, so if she is gonna have another baby.....she is of the mindset of have the baby first and then lose the weight....instead of lose weight, get pregnant, gain weight and then have to lose it again.  

It's not the way it has to be or should be, but as someone who struggles to lose weight and then keep it up....I can understand that head space.  Of course, if she is of a healthy weight, she will most likely have a healthier pregnancy.   I am also of the mindset that her postpartum symptoms were made worse because of the co-mingling issue of her weight and the self inflicted pressure she had to lose the weight prior to the wedding.  

• Love 6
1 hour ago, shelley1005 said:

As someone who has struggled off and on with weight issues my entire life....I kinda get Cate's mentality, even if it is messed up.  She wants to lose weight, however she also knows how hard it is to lose the weight, so if she is gonna have another baby.....she is of the mindset of have the baby first and then lose the weight....instead of lose weight, get pregnant, gain weight and then have to lose it again.  

It's not the way it has to be or should be, but as someone who struggles to lose weight and then keep it up....I can understand that head space.  Of course, if she is of a healthy weight, she will most likely have a healthier pregnancy.   I am also of the mindset that her postpartum symptoms were made worse because of the co-mingling issue of her weight and the self inflicted pressure she had to lose the weight prior to the wedding.  

It's really not that hard to lose weight though.  If she simply walked for 30 minutes a day she would start to lose weight.  If she took a chicken breast, placed it on a pan, put it in the oven, and then ate it, she would start to lose weight.  

• Love 7
45 minutes ago, poopchute said:

It's really not that hard to lose weight though.  If she simply walked for 30 minutes a day she would start to lose weight.  If she took a chicken breast, placed it on a pan, put it in the oven, and then ate it, she would start to lose weight.  

For some it is not that hard....for others....it drives a multi-million dollar industry.  

• Love 8
16 minutes ago, Maharincess said:

I know!  What the hell is a neagan and waht does it have to do with Teen Mom?!

We make references here to Roseanne and other shows on a regular basis and are constantly comparing characters to Jackie, Rosie, etc. I can quote as least a dozen people over the course of the past month who have made similar comments. The Negan reference, as explained by others, was a reference to Ryan's bug eyes. Some got it, some didn't. I don't always get the references to other shows that other posts put on here but I roll with it. 

• Love 9
23 minutes ago, shelley1005 said:

For some it is not that hard....for others....it drives a multi-million dollar industry.  

I would agree that it's hard for her if we had seen her make even the smallest effort but she hasn't even made one small change in her lifestyle or eating habits.  So I don't really think she can say it's hard before she's even tried.  Is it really hard to push a stroller for 30 minutes?  Honestly I don't see how it is.  When you are as fat at Catelyn the weight will fall off fast at the beginning.  

• Love 4