Type keyword(s) to search

Catelynn (and Tyler)

• Start Topic

8 minutes ago, galaxychaser said:

i'm relieved she is not pregnant. they sure make cute kiddos thought! they can't take care of the one kid they kept. poor nova ring...

They have delayed her development because they don't talk to her!  that's AWFUL!

boy-child talked like a thirty-five year old at the age of three.  it was fucking hilarious.  he informed his college-age aunt that her new boyfriend was "lame."

and when you asked him how old he was, he'd just make up numbers.  sometimes he said he was seventeen.  other times he was sixty-two.

Poor Nova Ring, indeed!!!

Edited by teapot
  • Love 14

You guys may be right. Maybe Tyler truly didn't want another baby, but felt like he had to say that. And maybe he thought that insisting Cate "try" all on her own and not tell him, would leave her off the hook to just not take her IUD out. So maybe he really was surprised by the news. I really believe she doesn't want more either. The communication and honesty is sorely lacking with these two. 

• Love 9
5 hours ago, CofCinci said:

Catelynn may have received a false positive pregnancy test. I have a hard time believing that she became pregnant 3 weeks after removing her IUD when it looks like these two barely touch each other. 

Edit: yes, “Mirena Crash”. Very common for false positives after IUD removal. 

This sounds likely.

2 hours ago, CaliforniaLove said:

I never believed he wanted another baby (especially with Cate). I feel like that was all a bunch of lip service just to make their storyline more interesting than "we bought a crunch wrap house". Last night when Haley asked Cate how many more kids she wanted & Cate shrugged all "Who knows?!", I felt like she was thinking more along the lines of "how long can we stretch out this show?!". They all seem to be psychologically fucked up from their bizarre existence for the past 10 years, and will say or do anything to remain the slightest bit relevant in MTV land. 

I don't think he wants a baby/child, but he does have this fantasy of having a boy. Remember how sad he was that Nova was a girl at their gender reveal? He wants a boy so he can dress him up like himself in oversized baseball hats and tiny fedoras.  He can play Batman with a boy (because Tyler sucks and apparently can't with a girl). He just wants boy child DarkKnight BruceWayne Baltierra. 

35 minutes ago, ghoulina said:

You guys may be right. Maybe Tyler truly didn't want another baby, but felt like he had to say that. And maybe he thought that insisting Cate "try" all on her own and not tell him, would leave her off the hook to just not take her IUD out. So maybe he really was surprised by the news. I really believe she doesn't want more either. The communication and honesty is sorely lacking with these two. 

I think your assessment here may be right. 

• Love 10

Tyler probably felt he couldn't tell Catelynn his true feelings about having a baby because Cate is so quick to fall into her depressed mode or run to rehab.

Something is so wonky about this storyline, mainly the timeline. Are we to believe Cate just took out her IUD (via her doctor), she became pregnant immediately, TESTED POSITIVE ON A PEE STICK, suffered a miscarriage, and I assume, we will then see her in rehab in the next episode? It's been years since I peed on a pregnancy stick, but don't you have to be at least 4 weeks along for it to work?

I hate when MTV makes me speculate and ponder whether they are pulling my leg with the editing, C&T are lying for a storyline, or whether this shit is real.

Whether Cate was pregnant or not, I think it was just awful of her to tell NotCarly that she was having a baby. Now, she has to explain to her that there is no baby in "mommy's tummy." Generally, one usually waits a certain amount of time to pass before revealing a pregnancy because of the possibility of having a miscarriage. Or is that not the norm anymore?

• Love 12
On 1/27/2018 at 6:38 PM, EmeraldGirl said:

But how you can you believe Simon when he insults solely on looks? Plus giving Carly away was the best thing they ever did. Why start shading on that now?

Not that Tyler doesn’t deserve some shade, but this guy always barks up the wrong tree. 

Absolutely,  he went after Cate's looks, like a punk . Simon was in a fight with the man child Tyler , who has so many things to go after, but nope, Simon goes after Cate, what a man.

Tyler deserves  anything Simon throws at him. Tyler and Simon are shitty people.

• Love 4
15 minutes ago, SPLAIN said:

Tyler probably felt he couldn't tell Catelynn his true feelings about having a baby because Cate is so quick to fall into her depressed mode or run to rehab.

Something is so wonky about this storyline, mainly the timeline. Are we to believe Cate just took out her IUD (via her doctor), she became pregnant immediately, TESTED POSITIVE ON A PEE STICK, suffered a miscarriage, and I assume, we will then see her in rehab in the next episode? It's been years since I peed on a pregnancy stick, but don't you have to be at least 4 weeks along for it to work?

I hate when MTV makes me speculate and ponder whether they are pulling my leg with the editing, C&T are lying for a storyline, or whether this shit is real.

Whether Cate was pregnant or not, I think it was just awful of her to tell NotCarly that she was having a baby. Now, she has to explain to her that there is no baby in "mommy's tummy." Generally, one usually waits a certain amount of time to pass before revealing a pregnancy because of the possibility of having a miscarriage. Or is that not the norm anymore?

She told Haley in the restaurant that she had the IUD removed 3 weeks prior.  I suspect "Mirena Crash" and that she was never actually pregnant.
She is co-dependent enough to pretend that she was pregnant though....

• Love 9
25 minutes ago, SPLAIN said:

I wouldn't put anything passed MTV. They did it with Chelsea: 

Edited by druzy
  • Love 11
12 minutes ago, configdotsys said:

She suffered a miscarriage before she recently entered rehab, assuming one believes she was ever pregnant: https://okmagazine.com/photos/catelynn-lowell-miscarriage-rehab/

Thanks @druzy.  See, that is why I can't get on board with the idea Cate was pregnant. She may have lied to MTV and Tyler. She may have done it for a storyline. Strange that all these pregnancies occurred after Briana was brought in per @CofCinci.

Mirena Crash - I appreciate the info.

Edited by SPLAIN
  • Love 8
1 hour ago, imjagain said:

Absolutely,  he went after Cate's looks, like a punk . Simon was in a fight with the man child Tyler , who has so many things to go after, but nope, Simon goes after Cate, what a man.

Tyler deserves  anything Simon throws at him. Tyler and Simon are shitty people.

Cate must be a punk, too since she initially went after Farrah for her looks, her job, and her entire being. Cate is certainly not an innocent person when it comes to throwing shade, tweeting criticisms, or going full-on attack. Don't dish out criticisms if you can't handle it coming back at you.

• Love 14
1 hour ago, SPLAIN said:

I thought the same thing when she was telling the child she was pregnant. Also, is Nova delayed? Does she ever say a complete sentence?  And I don't think that Tyler was at all pleased with her news. Catelyn is a mess and needs to get her life in order before she brings another life into the world. And why does she dye her hair those crazy colors? I remember in her 16 & Preggo and earlier seasons she at least used to get cute haircuts. She  has let everything go!

• Love 7
4 minutes ago, SPLAIN said:

Cate must be a punk, too since she initially went after Farrah for her looks, her job, and her entire being. Cate is certainly not an innocent person when it comes to throwing shade, tweeting criticisms, or going full-on attack. Don't dish out criticisms if you can't handle it coming back at you.

I didn't say she was innocent,  she might very well be a punk and many other things. I'm not a Cate fan, not that I have to be to see that Simon was an ass. My point was/is Simon was in a fight with Tyler not Cate. So why go after her looks when she wasn't involved in that fight. As I said I think both Simon and Tyler are shitty people and if I have to add Cate and Farrah to the list I will. Still don't think Simon was right to attack Cate's looks. I didn't see Cate attacking Simon in THIS fight. 

• Love 5
3 minutes ago, politichick said:

I thought the same thing when she was telling the child she was pregnant. Also, is Nova delayed? Does she ever say a complete sentence?  And I don't think that Tyler was at all pleased with her news. Catelyn is a mess and needs to get her life in order before she brings another life into the world. And why does she dye her hair those crazy colors? I remember in her 16 & Preggo and earlier seasons she at least used to get cute haircuts. She  has let everything go!

If only she'd let Tyler go.

I am not sure about Nova being delayed although it is a possibility. I will throw this out there. Nova seemed very frightened when Tyler yelled at her about the milk she spilled. I could hear Butch's voice and tone during that moment. Tyler has that hair-trigger temper when it comes to Nova and animals. I imagine Butch did a lot of yelling and screaming at Tyler when he committed a mistake. As much as Tyler tries to come across as a tender and loving guy, beneath that facade is a guy who can be cruel and intimidating. I did appreciate Catelynn lowering herself to Nova's eye level and comforting her with her soft voice. Nova fears her dad, but she hugs her mom. That may be why her speech seems affected. Possibly being exposed to fear and having anxiety due to that fear, Nova is likely afraid to speak. Hopefully, she doesn't start stuttering. My husband had a stuttering issue when he was young. He said it was due to some fears he had about his dad who would use a belt on him when dealing corporal punishment on him.

2 minutes ago, imjagain said:

I didn't say she was innocent,  she might very well be a punk and many other things. I'm not a Cate fan, not that I have to be to see that Simon was an ass. My point was/is Simon was in a fight with Tyler not Cate. So why go after her looks when she wasn't involved in that fight. As I said I think both Simon and Tyler are shitty people and if I have to add Cate and Farrah to the list I will. Still don't think Simon was right to attack Cate's looks. I didn't see Cate attacking Simon in THIS fight. 

It was a way to hurt Tyler, the same way Tyler has gone after Simon by throwing out Farrah's name. Simon is not even in a relationship with Farrah (that we know of) and he defends her. Tyler couldn't bother to defend his wife.

• Love 11
33 minutes ago, politichick said:

Those crazy hair colors seem pretty common these days.

• Love 4

Nova is delayed because her parents engage with her only when the cameras are around. I’m sure once she is in Kindergarten, with a teacher that promotes communication skills and a classroom of other children, she will catch up.  Kindergarten teachers really have their hands full these days. 

• Love 11
4 hours ago, CofCinci said:

Just taking a pregnancy test at a TGI Friday’s bathroom and then revealing the positive test to Tyler at home. 

Thanks. I thought someone had posted that the miscarriage was mentioned on the episode.

10 hours ago, MyPeopleAreNordic said:

He wants a boy so he can dress him up like himself in oversized baseball hats and tiny fedoras.  He can play Batman with a boy (because Tyler sucks and apparently can't with a girl). He just wants boy child DarkKnight BruceWayne Baltierra.

And then there are those comments people write here that are so perfect, so absolutely spot on, that you know you will remember them years from now.

• Love 10

I'm sorry but it is so hard watching them, watching him. He isn't even seeming to pretend to care about Cate anymore. I know there are issues with her, but man I couldn't imagine my husband treating me like that. Especially someone who seems to have such low self esteem, it seriously makes me so thankful for my husband!!!!! 

• Love 6

I never understand why everyone is jumping to the "Nova has delays" conclusion.  She is almost 3 in the recent episodes and Jayde is 2 1/2 and we rarely hear her speak but everyone complains about Nova's speech.  What I see is C&T expecting behavior from a 3 or 4 year old and reacting when she acts like a 2 1/2 year old.  I can't tell if they have mostly been around older children or if this is how everyone around them parents, but I don't see their expectations for how she should act as being appropriate for her age.

• Love 5

Fruit is loaded with carbs, but I know that’s a minor thing to pick on in the world of these dummies. 

I like when the producers give us little peeks into Tyler’s temper. One spill of the milk led him into a double negative meltdown. 

Cate’s constantly changing hair color reminds me of Britney Spears in her manic breakdown days. She changed her hair all the time (including a pink wig), and there was nothing fun going on there either. 

• Love 9
5 hours ago, CofCinci said:

Good luck keeping this up when Catelynn returns.  She likes Dunkin’ for breakfast, Chipotle for lunch and then Outback for dinner. 

I think its taco bell for breakfast, carls jr for lunch, del taco for snack time, and home town buffet for dinner.

• Love 8
On 1/28/2018 at 7:20 AM, Caracoa1 said:

Tyler's livelyhood is being threatened..he is freaking!  If Tyler and Cate broke up...who would MTV follow?  Would Tyler be out...would he get less camera time.....would his check be less?

I doubt he'd be out... they still follow Gary, granted he has custody of Leah but they follow Ryan 90% of the time when his parents don't have Bentley and they did follow Adam until he no longer wanted to cooperate. Corey finally opted out of filming.  They like to follow the bio dads if they can.

• Love 4
4 hours ago, druzy said:

I refuse to believe Catelynn ever helped with TierraReign at all beyond a “yeah, um, that’s nice.”  She was never shown in the photos/video of Tyler visiting the sewing shop.

• Love 7
6 hours ago, EmeraldGirl said:

Fruit is loaded with carbs, but I know that’s a minor thing to pick on in the world of these dummies. 

I like when the producers give us little peeks into Tyler’s temper. One spill of the milk led him into a double negative meltdown. 

Cate’s constantly changing hair color reminds me of Britney Spears in her manic breakdown days. She changed her hair all the time (including a pink wig), and there was nothing fun going on there either. 

I had no idea how "bad" bananas really are, in terms of calories and carbs, until a nutritionist told me. I don't think it's a minor thing to pick on at all. Makes sense to me. 

Edited by Bridget
  • Love 6
32 minutes ago, Bridget said:

I had no idea how "bad" bananas really are, in terms of calories and carbs, until a nutritionist told me. I don't think it's a minor thing to pick on at all. Makes sense to me. 

Right. Fruit overload is not a good thing. 

• Love 4
18 minutes ago, druzy said:

I'm convinced Tyler's ghostwriter is working on a diet book.

I'm happy for him!

He is making great strides in his physical health. Let's hope the same holds for any other issues that are going on in his life. 

Has he quit the pot? If Cate is still smoking, is he making her smoke outside? 

• Love 8
Just now, GreatKazu said:

He is making great strides in his physical health. Let's hope the same holds for any other issues that are going on in his life. 

Has he quit the pot? If Cate is still smoking, is he making her smoke outside? 

I don't know if he quit pot but I think he quit cigarettes.

I think Cate saw Tyler getting in shape and becoming his own person and she panicked. She probably cried, said she was depressed and wanted to die. It worked in the past. However, crying wolf one too many times will push anyone to their limit. Previously, when Cate entered rehab Tyler's social media posts were about how much he loves her and what an amazing person she is. Not this time. Maybe he finally established boundaries with Cate. Hopefully Cate will do the same.    

• Love 8

Dare I say he kind of looks cute again?  Oh please say I didn’t say say that!  But he does look younger and better. I think he will have a hard time staying with Cate if she remains a slob and doesn’t try to improve herself. He seems over her. 

• Love 3

This dude constantly puts his foot in his mouth. 

He is right about Cate being responsible for her own emotions and feelings, but to tweet "I have goals too that I refuse to put on the back burner." OUCH!  

If he HAD to tweet, he could have been a bit more caring with his words such as, "I need to be mentally and physically healthy for my wife so I can continue to support her. If I am in an unhealthy place, what good am I to her or our child?" 

Yeah, I know, wishful thinking. What a turd. 

• Love 17
24 minutes ago, druzy said:

t2.png

I doubt he’ll make the mistake of call her a heifer again — on camera.  

He’s posting that he refuses to put his goals on the back burner for her anymore. Yep, trouble in Paradise. 

Edited by CofCinci
  • Love 9