Type keyword(s) to search

Catelynn (and Tyler)

• Start Topic

I wasn't aware that Bethany Services (or whatever their name is) gave Cate and Tyler the application for Teen Mom. The host of the radio show asked if it was unethical that the adoption counselor was pimping them out 🤣it's at the 3:44 mark.

• Love 5
15 hours ago, druzy said:

I wasn't aware that Bethany Services (or whatever their name is) gave Cate and Tyler the application for Teen Mom. The host of the radio show asked if it was unethical that the adoption counselor was pimping them out 🤣it's at the 3:44 mark.

Of course Catelynn calls in, lest Tyler be away from her for a minute. And when the host calls Tyler a "businessman" why does he not mention the clothing line for some free publicity?  I have to chuckle when the host called the two of the intelligent!

Edited by Marisagf
I heard more I wanted to comment on!
  • Love 9
11 hours ago, Scarlett45 said:

This article is long but it’s VERY good. If it interests you take time to read it. 

Its about how the first generation of children in “open adoptions” are now adults, and it reminded me of the life Catelynn may have had if TM did not get picked up. 

https://news.yahoo.com/michael-3-parents-first-open-adoption-babies-come-age-100043575.html

That was excellent, @Scarlett45 - thanks for sharing!

• Love 3
2 minutes ago, Giant Misfit said:

I see Tyler is carrying on his love for wearing sweaters designed for women. Nice cardigan, chief.

☠️☠️☠️ I’m not sure if it was the shitty Brandon Walsh tone of voice I read into this, or the sheer absurdity of the sweater itself, but I am laughing SO hard. Ahhh, thanks, @Giant Misfit

• Love 17
On 12/8/2018 at 6:23 AM, Jeanne222 said:

It might be an unpopular opinion but I think with some education Tyler could make something of himself!

I think he has the potential and at least has a smidgen of intellectual curiosity (especially compared to the rest of the cast), but I think he needs major help narrowing down his passion. I also think he would have major issues completing any kind of educational program longer than a few months from start to finish unless he had major structure and guidance.  I don't think we've seen him stick to a passion project for more than a year or so and most of his passions fizzled out in way less time. 

1 hour ago, galaxychaser said:

Nova isn’t cute at all. 

I think Nova is beautiful. She may not be traditionally beautiful, but she has a kind of real-life nymph with a splash of Cindy-Loo-Who thing going on.  I think she's pretty. 

(I do hope they're saving for the orthodontist though in case the show goes off the air by the time she needs braces after seeing that picture above, though.  But crooked teeth are easily fixed as long as T&C have some TM money left for it.)

Edited by MyPeopleAreNordic
  • Love 19
On 12/16/2018 at 11:52 AM, Scarlett45 said:

This article is long but it’s VERY good. If it interests you take time to read it. 

Its about how the first generation of children in “open adoptions” are now adults, and it reminded me of the life Catelynn may have had if TM did not get picked up. 

https://news.yahoo.com/michael-3-parents-first-open-adoption-babies-come-age-100043575.html

Thank you so much for posting this.  I think without the show, Cate may have been able to have this kind of relationship with Carly's parents.  

• Love 4
37 minutes ago, MyPeopleAreNordic said:

Thank you so much for posting this.  I think without the show, Cate may have been able to have this kind of relationship with Carly's parents.  

I also think without the show Catelynn may have bounced from unhealthy relationship to unhealthy relationship, had more kids while still being surrounded by the dysfunction like the woman featured. 

Tyler isn’t perfect but he is a good Dad and caregiver to Nova (I think he will be to this baby as well) he isn’t a drug addict or abusive etc. The woman in the article did have one co-parent who pulled his weight (her youngest’s dad who has primary custody) but she sees not having that child as a failure.

I think the article helps us look at what life circumstances would lead someone to place their child for adoption, and even though adoption is the best thing for the child, the bio parent may end up repeating the cycle again and again. I’d like to live in a world where young people have access to contraceptives and sexual education, poor women are not likely to be sexually exploited and mental health services are available to those who need them- maybe regular “Catelynns” would have a better life. 

• Love 13

Still reading the article posted above, but I could certainly see this happening in Carly's situation,though I could also imagine the kids left behind WOULD be resentful:

"Another source of distress — more guilt than anger, though sometimes they felt like the same thing — was his keen awareness of his life of privilege compared with the children Gina did not “give away.” Michael would visit Gina and her children every few years, or the Matts would host his older brother and younger sister at their home for weeks at a time, and, well, “Look at this damn house,” he says now.

“They would be barely making it with not a lot of money, and I felt so guilty that I could have all these things that they couldn’t,” he continues. When he raised the uncomfortable reality with his brother, “He promised me he wasn’t resentful,” Michael says. But on visits, he also said things like, “Wow, you don’t have to worry about prices!” or “You don’t have to ration your food.”

• Love 2
6 hours ago, ginger90 said:

Please for the love of cheddar, Tyler, shut up.  You are not special.   You aren’t the only person dealing with mental health issues ... go to therapy.  Lots of it    My Brain isn’t “normal “ myself.  It deals with anxiety, depression, and I have spots in it that have to be monitored.   Go grow up 

• Love 18

I would participate in this in a heartbeat if I were in college again. In fact, I still have dreams about having to take math classes in order to graduate - true story! Does anyone know if they ever go away? 

I also immediately thought about C & T when I read the following article...except for the part about taking final exams. 

Business idea: dairy farms can be the new spa treatment centers! Participants can have a milk bath and other dairy based treatments after actually working on the farm. Routines are excellent ways to eliminate ruminating! Undoubtedly, Cate would find one in Montana or Wyoming, but at least she’d be forced to bathe on a regular basis. There’s no way she’d entertain the idea of running a dairy farm post-spa visits, so we wouldn’t have to worry about another neglected Baltierra animal.

As we all know, dogs are excellent sources for a variety of therapeutic purposes. C & T already have a dog. Why didn’t anyone at the spa banish Cate from the horse paddock? Her “aftercare plan” should’ve required her to engage with her own dog. She should be walking that dog twice a day and brushing its coat (along with Nova’s hair). She’d get the same benefits of animal interaction without neglecting a poor horse she doesn’t have any business owning.

https://people.com/pets/therapy-cows-michigan-state-university-finals/?utm_source=emailshare&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=email-share-article&utm_content=20181221

• Love 6
1 hour ago, Bridget said:

I would participate in this in a heartbeat if I were in college again. In fact, I still have dreams about having to take math classes in order to graduate - true story! Does anyone know if they ever go away? 

I also immediately thought about C & T when I read the following article...except for the part about taking final exams. 

Business idea: dairy farms can be the new spa treatment centers! Participants can have a milk bath and other dairy based treatments after actually working on the farm. Routines are excellent ways to eliminate ruminating! Undoubtedly, Cate would find one in Montana or Wyoming, but at least she’d be forced to bathe on a regular basis. There’s no way she’d entertain the idea of running a dairy farm post-spa visits, so we wouldn’t have to worry about another neglected Baltierra animal.

As we all know, dogs are excellent sources for a variety of therapeutic purposes. C & T already have a dog. Why didn’t anyone at the spa banish Cate from the horse paddock? Her “aftercare plan” should’ve required her to engage with her own dog. She should be walking that dog twice a day and brushing its coat (along with Nova’s hair). She’d get the same benefits of animal interaction without neglecting a poor horse she doesn’t have any business owning.

https://people.com/pets/therapy-cows-michigan-state-university-finals/?utm_source=emailshare&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=email-share-article&utm_content=20181221

NOPE those dreams never go away.   

• Love 6
2 hours ago, Bridget said:

46 minutes ago, dariafan said:

NOPE those dreams never go away.   

They only get worse. I had dreams about being late to class and unprepared for a final exam. Now I have dreams about being naked, late to class and unprepared for a final exam.

• Love 11
4 hours ago, druzy said:

They only get worse. I had dreams about being late to class and unprepared for a final exam. Now I have dreams about being naked, late to class and unprepared for a final exam.

Fuck, are you guys serious?! So my dreams about being clueless, insecure and having to poop but going into the bathroom and finding all the stalls are clogged or filthy prior to an exam are never going away?!

Fuck it; I quit!

(that’s an actual anxiety dream of mine. Wtf ?!)

• Love 15

Amber shared a link to this story on her Instagram:

https://l.instagram.com/?u=https%3A%2F%2Frelic.news%2FMjIyNQ%3D%3D&e=ATMyMx3sNYHdUguxPu4KxB7bosUXqNX19L-4x7tCAuMCSlsCb88i_KdWtCDRka-EDkQz_nhd

Tyler called off their engagement during a July 2013 episode of VH1’s Couples Therapy. “I feel like once we're married, I'm going to be stuck in this rut forever,” Tyler told one of the therapists on the series at the time. “The more I think about it, the more it's like she de-motivates me. She's not motivated to do things herself. She's not independent. She'd probably never admit it, but I feel like sometimes she puts up with me.”

• Love 9
9 hours ago, Enya Face said:

So my dreams about being clueless, insecure and having to poop but going into the bathroom and finding all the stalls are clogged or filthy prior to an exam are never going away?!

I can’t tell you HOW MANY TIMES I’ve had dreams where I’ve had to pee REALLY bad (to literally wake up to a full bladder) and in my dream I’m searching for a bathroom but each and every bathroom or stall I find is filthy and clogged. Like, wet urine filled toilet paper on the seats type of filfthy with Lincoln logs still in the toilet. I never knew others had dreams similar - is it related to anxiety??? 

Tyler - I never watched their couples therapy (I can’t find it) but I can totally see how Catelynn can be a demotivating person. 

Tyler: “Hey Cate! I’m in the mood to go hiking tomorrow, want to go hiking? I can get all the hiking gear and food packed!”

Catelynne: “Nah. Too tired. But what were you going to pack for food because I’m hungry?”

Tyler: “☹️“ 🛌 

• Love 10
9 hours ago, Calm81 said:

I can’t tell you HOW MANY TIMES I’ve had dreams where I’ve had to pee REALLY bad (to literally wake up to a full bladder) and in my dream I’m searching for a bathroom but each and every bathroom or stall I find is filthy and clogged. Like, wet urine filled toilet paper on the seats type of filfthy with Lincoln logs still in the toilet. I never knew others had dreams similar - is it related to anxiety??? 

Tyler - I never watched their couples therapy (I can’t find it) but I can totally see how Catelynn can be a demotivating person. 

Tyler: “Hey Cate! I’m in the mood to go hiking tomorrow, want to go hiking? I can get all the hiking gear and food packed!”

Catelynne: “Nah. Too tired. But what were you going to pack for food because I’m hungry?”

Tyler: “☹️“ 🛌 

OMFG I’m so relieved that I’m not the only person who has filthy bathroom dreams. I thought I was a lone weirdo.

I’m curious now, I wonder if it is symbolic of anxiety.

• Love 7
On 12/13/2018 at 1:19 PM, Kellyee said:

I do wonder if Caitlynn got pregnant again because she saw that Tyler was checking out, and used another baby as an anchor to him. 

100%

Tyler is a real Renaissance man, eh?  He's a writer, a clothing designer, a DJ, a house flipper, an adoption counselor ... what else am I missing?

On 12/19/2018 at 3:08 PM, MyPeopleAreNordic said:

I think Nova is beautiful. She may not be traditionally beautiful, but she has a kind of real-life nymph with a splash of Cindy-Loo-Who thing going on.  I think she's pretty.

I think she's cute, too.

• Love 2
6 hours ago, galaxychaser said:

Me too. And my teeth falling out.

Yes- the teeth! How can I forget the teeth nightmares. If I had to choose being unprepared and naked for a test or losing my teeth, I would need a 3 month visit to the spa to contemplate that decision. 

Speaking of Cate, I'm looking forward to her Christmas social media post trying to convince us that Tyler lusts for her, her Christmas is amazing and we are all just haters.

• Love 8
On 12/17/2018 at 8:22 PM, Enya Face said:

☠️☠️☠️ I’m not sure if it was the shitty Brandon Walsh tone of voice I read into this, or the sheer absurdity of the sweater itself, but I am laughing SO hard. Ahhh, thanks, @Giant Misfit

That totally sounded like Bran-douche in my head!

On 12/21/2018 at 12:01 PM, TexasGal said:

Do they really make men's jeans that look like that?  

No, no they do not.

• Love 6
On 12/21/2018 at 8:38 PM, Enya Face said:

Fuck, are you guys serious?! So my dreams about being clueless, insecure and having to poop but going into the bathroom and finding all the stalls are clogged or filthy prior to an exam are never going away?!

Fuck it; I quit!

(that’s an actual anxiety dream of mine. Wtf ?!)

Omg!  I had the same dream in college!  Mine had the additional wrinkle of the bathrooms were suddenly unisex so men were pooping where I needed to go.  

• Love 2
On 12/22/2018 at 7:07 PM, ginger90 said:

Looked it up, copied the first result:

8D329DFA-CF5A-4827-B118-9D6A6E27CD1E.jpeg

I have these dreams all the time! Crazy.  Also where I can't find my school locker and I will be late for class...and I graduated over 20 years ago! 

And on Topic, Cate and Tyler 😄

• Love 2
2 hours ago, druzy said:
If he knew you so well he would have gotten you a sweatshirt. 

God, no kidding. 

I have a pair of Christian Louboutin boots. They're super high, have no platform to cushion the blow, and they are PAINFUL, particularly if you have a wider foot like me. So, good luck, Cate. Hope you have a podiatrist on speed dial—if you can even fit your feet in them at all.

55 minutes ago, Brooklynista said:

So Tyler wanted some Louboutin's and bought them via Cate?  Because nothing about Catelynn says high end. 

Those shoes will never leave the box.  They just want to stick it to all of the Hatters out there in Social Media Land (the world they live in).

• Love 12