Type keyword(s) to search

Crisis On Infinite Earths 2019: Who Lives, Who Dies, Who Tells Their Story

Message added by MarkHB

This thread is specifically for discussion of Elseworlds, Crisis on Infinite Earths, and speculation and spoilers directly pertaining to them.  Full rules for the thread are here; please read them.  Off-topic posts may be removed.

• Start Topic

16 minutes ago, Trini said:

Unless they're trying to keep her cameo as Oracle a secret, is Felicity not going to be in this?

I think she might have like one scene. 

Since the Bald Rat is in charge of this and she called him out last year on his crap I believe banishing her is his revenge this year.

I get this is the crossover for comic randos and they need to reduce the roles of the normal cast but the way they've buried EBR/Felicity in this crossover is just gross and if I didn't believe there was something profoundly wrong with all the bts stuff in the Arrowverse before, I sure do now.

• Love 6
1 hour ago, Trini said:

Unless they're trying to keep her cameo as Oracle a secret, is Felicity not going to be in this?

We think she's just in the Arrow episode.

It's just odd that she missing from the marketing. I'm pretty sure James Olsen will have only 2 scenes at best, but he still got a promo photo. Alex - who also probably has a tiny role- didn't get a photo but she was in one of the on-air promos.

• Love 1

Alternative source links for the crossover synopses and promo pics (posted here for archival purposes only)...

The Flash - Episode 5.09 - Elseworlds, Part 1 - Promotional Photos + Press Release
Posted by SpoilerTV at November 28, 2018
https://www.spoilertv.com/2018/11/the-flash-episode-509-elseworlds-part-1.html

Arrow - Episode 7.09 - Elseworlds, Part 2 - Promotional Photos + Press Release
https://www.spoilertv.com/2018/11/arrow-episode-709-elseworlds-part-2.html

Supergirl - Episode 4.09 - Elseworlds, Part 3 - Promotional Photos + Press Release
https://www.spoilertv.com/2018/11/supergirl-episode-409-elseworlds-part-3.html 

ETA: I'll be posting a summary of all crossover spoilers prior to the airing.

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 2
9 hours ago, Trini said:

It's just odd that she missing from the marketing. I'm pretty sure James Olsen will have only 2 scenes at best, but he still got a promo photo. Alex - who also probably has a tiny role- didn't get a photo but she was in one of the on-air promos.

We already know that the set photographer is only there on certain days and Alex was in SGs portion of the promo to show the difference. If we know they switched bodies there is no need to show both couples being surprised so we have the physical aspect represented by Barry/Diggle. 1 crossover of Felicity not getting promo/pic isn't a big thing imo especially when we have other characters who have it much worse then her.

Even Batwoman who jump started all this hype has gotten limited coverage. 

• Love 4
17 hours ago, Angel12d said:

It's hilarious to me that the premise of this - and the reason they go to Supergirl for help - is that NO ONE believes them. LMAO. Ridiculous. Should've known it wouldn't make any sense.

However, things quickly go from bad to worse when they present their case to Team Flash and the gang doesn’t believe them.

At least per the synopsis it's only Team Flash that doesn't believe them.  They might not even bother to test the theory of what those on Team Arrow might believe and just jump to a different world.  

1 hour ago, benteen said:

Seriously, how doesn't Team Flash believe them with all the crazy shit they've seen?  Even Team Arrow would believe them.

Also, wouldn't Team Flash also be able to figure it out by asking both Oliver and Barry questions about Barry that only the real Barry would know? 

This sounds like a situation where characters must be completely brain dead in order for the plot to work.

• Love 11

Do they think Barry and Oliver are trying to play a prank on them?? Or do they have each others memories as well as abilities? I'm holding out hope that Iris is the lone person to believe. We'll see.

I was a lot more interested in the crossover when I thought GG and SA were going have to act like each other and when I thought we were getting alternative versions of the supporting cast.

This all sounds less interesting.

• Love 7
3 hours ago, Lady Calypso said:

This sounds like a situation where characters must be completely brain dead in order for the plot to work.

No wonder Felicity isn't around. I hope we find out she's at a spa for a week, getting her R&R on. God knows she's earned it.

• Love 9
2 hours ago, Angel12d said:

They put Diaz in the crossover too. It’s probably only one scene but still. MG proves to be the worst every time. 🙄

I'd like him to meet the Legends. He would be mumbling about killing all of Oliver's friends, then start yelling randomly . . . and then Mick clocks him with the heat gun. "I don't sound like that do I?" "You don't mumblegrowl, Mick. You growl, but you don't mumble. Much better." "Eh, I don't care either way. So . . . am I setting this jerk on fire? It feels like I only do that three times a year."

Also, I don't think it's a straight body swap, given the pictures. Basically, to Team Arrow, Oliver Queen is this pale guy who's a bit of a putz, hardened by five years of hell. I bet Grant got all of Oliver's scars. Going to Central City, Barry Allen is blonde, bearded, and nobody notices that Barry and Flash have the same beard.

And little Felicity at all? In a situation like that, Iris & Oliver wouldn't be comically awkward enough. If Barry hadn't imprinted Iris on his heart as a kid, his ideal woman would be blonde, wear glasses, and a helluva lot stronger than she would look. That's why I wrote the little scene last week . . . because it could totally happen, and it would be awesome as fuck.

If the Legends do the next "event," anyone else want Tyler and Brandon to share a few scenes?

• Love 2

So what's the name for this? WestQueen? QueenWest? NewsArrow? Iriver?

fla509c_0250bc2.jpg?w=768

2 hours ago, Lantern7 said:

...  If Barry hadn't imprinted Iris on his heart as a kid, his ideal woman would be blonde, wear glasses, and a helluva lot stronger than she would look.  ...

? Not according to the show, but I guess that's what fanfic is for.

• Love 3

Ahh good old Stephen and his NOPE face reserved for everyone who isn't EBR.

At least he doesn't look like he wants to break Iris's arm there! We had a temp LI in S5 and there was a scene where she touched him and he looked like he was going to snap her arm off. 

• Love 13
8 minutes ago, Mellowyellow said:

Ahh good old Stephen and his NOPE face reserved for everyone who isn't EBR.

At least he doesn't look like he wants to break Iris's arm there! We had a temp LI in S5 and there was a scene where she touched him and he looked like he was going to snap her arm off. 

I saw people on twitter who think he's giving her heart eyes in that pic. They clearly not use to real heart eyes or chemistry then if that's the case😜

I also like that Oliver is leaving room for the holy spirit there.

Edited by Mary0360
  • Love 11
22 minutes ago, Trini said:

So what's the name for this? WestQueen? QueenWest? NewsArrow? Iriver?

The name is "Oliver looks like he's about to fall off that balcony trying to lean further away from Iris and wow, for someone who supposedly knows her husband so well, she really can't read body language or facial expressions, can she?"

• Love 13
24 minutes ago, Trini said:

Not according to the show, but I guess that's what fanfic is for.

Okay, I know Barry dated Linda Park and Patty Spivot, and neither were bespectacled blondes. I'm guessing the notions of Barrlicity and Karry worked because Grant had great chemistry with EBR and Melissa.

• Love 4
Just now, Primal Slayer said:

That just makes SA look like a poor actor if he cant play nice with other actresses. But we dont know what they are saying that is causing him to look semi worried. She is probably giving him a pep talk. 

So you are suggesting that Oliver who is married to someone else, who loves someone else, should look at his best friends wife like he loves her even though he doesn't and knows she's married to someone else?

• Love 5
2 minutes ago, Mary0360 said:

So you are suggesting that Oliver who is married to someone else, who loves someone else, should look at his best friends wife like he loves her even though he doesn't and knows she's married to someone else?

Totally! Though it is more in response about how his "nope" face is on with actresses who arent EBR. 

And yes I did totally have a memory lapse in them just switching places and not actual histories. So his face shouldnt be surprising even though she is still probably giving him a pep talk.

Edited by Primal Slayer
  • Love 2
2 minutes ago, Primal Slayer said:

Totally! Though it is more in response about how he his "nope" face is on with actresses who arent EBR. 

Yes. Because any other actresses who are not EBR are not his live interest therefore it's totally acceptable that he look at them with a nope face. Unless everyone's keen on a wife swap?

Edited by Mary0360
  • Love 2
Just now, Mary0360 said:

Yes. Because any other actress who is not EBR is not his live interest therefore it's totally acceptable that he look at them with a nope face. Unless everyone's keen on a wife swap?

Not as if this is something that started after the two got married or even officially together. 

• Love 1
5 minutes ago, Primal Slayer said:

Totally! Though it is more in response about how he his "nope" face is on with actresses who arent EBR. 

But I thought he is trying to convince her that he is NOT her husband.  His nope face is exactly the thing he should have with Iris as I would expect Barry to have if he has any scenes with Felicity.  Though that seems unlikely the more we see of behind the scenes.  I am starting to think we are not going to see OUR Felicity but some elseworlds version of her.  That maybe they are keeping a surprise?  Otherwise given the synopsis of each episode, I don't see a space for her to be on the show unless it's at the end of the whole thing but she's also have to be in the Arrow episode for contract reasons I believe.  So maybe first see her as an elseworld's character and then end see her and Oliver briefly when thing are back to normal.  

• Love 6
14 minutes ago, Primal Slayer said:

That just makes SA look like a poor actor if he cant play nice with other actresses. But we dont know what they are saying that is causing him to look semi worried. She is probably giving him a pep talk. 

He's looking at her like that because he knows he's not her husband and has probably tried to tell her but she won't take the hint and get off him.

• Love 10
2 minutes ago, BkWurm1 said:

But I thought he is trying to convince her that he is NOT her husband.  His nope face is exactly the thing he should have with Iris as I would expect Barry to have if he has any scenes with Felicity.  Though that seems unlikely the more we see of behind the scenes.  I am starting to think we are not going to see OUR Felicity but some elseworlds version of her.  That maybe they are keeping a surprise?  Otherwise given the synopsis of each episode, I don't see a space for her to be on the show unless it's at the end of the whole thing but she's also have to be in the Arrow episode for contract reasons I believe.  So maybe first see her as an elseworld's character and then end see her and Oliver briefly when thing are back to normal.  

2 minutes ago, lemotomato said:

He's looking at her like that because he knows he's not her husband and has probably tried to tell her but she won't take the hint and get off him.

14 minutes ago, Primal Slayer said:

And yes I did totally have a memory lapse in them just switching places and not actual histories. So his face shouldnt be surprising even though she is still probably giving him a pep talk.

But yeah he is probably trying to tell her and she is probably (well not probably, obviously) not taking him seriously. 

9 minutes ago, BkWurm1 said:

I am starting to think we are not going to see OUR Felicity but some elseworlds version of her.  That maybe they are keeping a surprise?  

I've thought the same. Since the Arrow episode is in Gotham and we know Emily is in that and we know that her and Ruby became bffs I'm thinking she's going to be either a new character in Gotham or Felicity Smoak who got a job for Wayne Enterprises instead of Queen Consolidated. Maybe they'll let her be Oracle for a one off episode. 

• Love 4
31 minutes ago, Lantern7 said:

Okay, I know Barry dated Linda Park and Patty Spivot, and neither were bespectacled blondes. I'm guessing the notions of Barrlicity and Karry worked because Grant had great chemistry with EBR and Melissa.

SuperFlash is the better name!

Of course Grant has chemistry with them; but we were talking about Barry's ideal woman, and there's only one answer to that question.

• Love 2
15 minutes ago, Primal Slayer said:

But yeah he is probably trying to tell her and she is probably (well not probably, obviously) not taking him seriously. 

"Honey, I know you've always been insecure over the fact that I think Oliver is really hot, but pretending you're Oliver Queen is taking things a little too far. I love you, Barry Allen."

• Love 8

Iris: "So you're telling me, I was still married to 'Barry Allen', but he looked like Oliver Queen?"
Barry: "Yeah, babe."
Iris: ...
Barry: "Babe?"
Iris: ......
Barry: "IRIS."
Iris: "... hhmm - wha?"

• Love 4
37 minutes ago, lemotomato said:

"Honey, I know you've always been insecure over the fact that I think Oliver is really hot, but pretending you're Oliver Queen is taking things a little too far. I love you, Barry Allen."

I'm laughing at the idea of Iris panting after a GA that looks like Barry in that hood.  GG isn't an ugly man but the costume does him no favors.  To be fair, the same should be said about SA in that absurdly red get up.  Why doesn't it look that dumb when Barry wears it?

• Love 1
2 minutes ago, BkWurm1 said:

I'm laughing at the idea of Iris panting after a GA that looks like Barry in that hood.  GG isn't an ugly man but the costume does him no favors.  To be fair, the same should be said about SA in that absurdly red get up.  Why doesn't it look that dumb when Barry wears it?

Definitely has to do with the builds of their respective actors. The Flash suit is designed for a lean runner's body like GG and the GA suit is meant for a bulkier fighter like SA.

IIRC, Iris only thought Oliver Queen was hot, not GA. She didn't find out about his alter ego until the season 5 crossover.

• Love 2
7 hours ago, Angel12d said:

They put Diaz in the crossover too. It’s probably only one scene but still. MG proves to be the worst every time. 🙄

Who's the third cop with them? Should I remember this generic dude? 

5 minutes ago, lemotomato said:

Definitely has to do with the builds of their respective actors. The Flash suit is designed for a lean runner's body like GG and the GA suit is meant for a bulkier fighter like SA.

IIRC, Iris only thought Oliver Queen was hot, not GA. She didn't find out about his alter ego until the season 5 crossover.

But then said that made him even hotter, right? I'm not completely sure. 

• Love 1
Just now, bijoux said:

Who's the third cop with them? Should I remember this generic dude? 

But then said that made him even hotter, right? I'm not completely sure. 

Generic dude is the actor that played Slade's son in 605/606. 

I think her comment about GA making Oliver hotter was about the superhero factor, maybe? That's how I interpreted it.

• Love 2

I see as much chemistry between GG and the blonde women as I see between Oliver and Iris in that still. None. Barry and Kara especially are like the siblings some people pretend Barry and Iris are. Kara has better chemistry with Oliver.

I'm trying hard to see these "heart eyes" or "look" people on Twitter are supposedly seeing and nothing. Though I have to go back and re-watch the promo because I had the impression Oliver briefly kissed Iris back.

The premise of this crossover remains stupid.

And the Iris/WA shade going on in this thread makes me wish even harder that there isn't a hint of Barricity in it.

• Love 3

Some WA shippers actually think Oliver is giving Iris heart eyes? And they want that? IDK how you can really ship WA and think that? I am confusion. 🤔

Personally I don’t see any of that and the point is we shouldn’t because he’s not Barry, he’s Oliver Queen and he’s married to Felicity. Sounds like this crossover is gonna confuse some people. 🙄😂

Edited by Guest
14 minutes ago, Angel12d said:

Some WA shippers actually think Oliver is giving Iris heart eyes? And they want that? IDK how you can really ship WA and think that? I am confusion. 🤔

Personally I don’t see any of that and the point is we shouldn’t because he’s not Barry, he’s Oliver Queen and he’s married to Felicity. Sounds like this crossover is gonna confuse some people. 🙄😂

Some Olicity fans also want Barry to give Felicity heart eyes. It has little to do with shipping WA/OF and more to do with craving validation for their favorite female characters. It would have been weirder if they shipped WA and wanted either Iris or Barry to give someone else heart eyes while being married to each other. A third party being attracted to the woman in the couple validates both the woman and the couple.

I don't see it either. Stephen's acting style doesn't appeal to me but from the little they've shown he's playing the scene as he should.

• Love 5
7 minutes ago, Starry said:

Some Olicity fans also want Barry to give Felicity heart eyes. It has little to do with shipping WA/OF and more to do with craving validation for their favorite female characters. It would have been weirder if they shipped WA and wanted either Iris or Barry to give someone else heart eyes while being married to each other. A third party being attracted to the woman in the couple validates both the woman and the couple.

I don't see it either. Stephen's acting style doesn't appeal to me but from the little they've shown he's playing the scene as he should.

How odd to seek validation for female characters that way. I’d rather Felicity and Iris were given a good storyline than treated just like the love interest. I’d also never want half my ship to be attracted to someone else. Weird! 

But I agree. From everything I’ve seen in promo and pics, SA is playing Oliver correctly. I’m genuinely not seeing what some are seeing. 

2 hours ago, Starry said:

And the Iris/WA shade going on in this thread makes me wish even harder that there isn't a hint of Barricity in it.

Me too! Considering how this storylines requires the characters to look and act dumb to not accept or pick up on the fact that Oliver is not Barry and vice versa I'd like to keep Felicity far away from it.

Plus given how close Emily and Ruby became after filming together I'm excited by the possibility that she's doing something awesome with Batwoman. 

Edited by Mary0360
  • Love 4
30 minutes ago, Mary0360 said:

Me too! Considering how this storylines requires the characters to look and act dumb to not accept or pick up on the fact that Oliver is not Barry and vice versa I'd like to keep Felicity far away from it.

Plus given how close Emily and Ruby became after filming together I'm excited by the possibility that she's doing something awesome with Batwoman. 

The only explanation I could come up with is that the villain has programmed them to believe this fake reality they're in as the true one. They're like robots. I also thought about something similar to the Music Meister dream world in the SuperFlash musical crossover or the alien-induced fantasy in the Arrow 100th episode. Iris, Diggle and Team Flash/Arrow are not even real. I have no idea why Kara is immune to it though.

The fact that I have to do all this to make sense of it shows how faulty the premise of this crossover is.

Where does the Felicity as Oracle speculation come from? Are there rumours floating around or is this theory based on the fact that the two characters share similarities and EBR and RR have filmed a lot together?

• Love 1
8 minutes ago, Starry said:

Where does the Felicity as Oracle speculation come from? Are there rumours floating around or is this theory based on the fact that the two characters share similarities and EBR and RR have filmed a lot together?

It's just a guess. There's been very little said about the Arrow portion of the crossover except that it's set in Gotham. Emily say she's in the crossover and Stephen confirmed so we assume she is just in the Arrow Ep and given that Emily and Ruby seem to become very close during and after the crossover was filmed we assume they had scenes together. 

• Love 1