Type keyword(s) to search

Crisis On Infinite Earths 2019: Who Lives, Who Dies, Who Tells Their Story

Message added by MarkHB

This thread is specifically for discussion of Elseworlds, Crisis on Infinite Earths, and speculation and spoilers directly pertaining to them.  Full rules for the thread are here; please read them.  Off-topic posts may be removed.

• Start Topic

mmmh. Especially when I really like a couple I don't even like seeing other versions of the characters being with other characters. I'm honestly not sure how I'd feel if this were actual WestQueen or Barricity, but I don't consider it either because it's just a life swap and at least Barry and Oliver are fully aware of who they really are and really love (regardless of what they might pretend). 

I'm trying to find words to say what I mean, but I guess what I was trying to say before was more about the content of the clips. That Oliver pretending to be Barry and the way certain things where phrased or Barry being caught up in the swap at first, are not meant to undermine either Olicity or WestAllen (I didn't see it that way, but the discussion), or rather, it's ok to see it in a more lighthearted way since the focus is on humor. I guess I'm one to talk since I've definitely been irritated at situations where I felt that the writers chose humor over the character. As I'm writing this I realize that by my own logic you could excuse so many things, so it's not really that sound (and people can feel about it whatever they feel), but I guess for me what it does is help when my mind starts to overanalyze what so and so is supposed to say about a character or relationship. The answer is usually nothing, they just wanted the joke. 

Sorry, I didn't mean to go so serious. (So I guess in some ways I do take it way too seriously 😅). It feels like I've been a bit negative, even though I enjoyed watching the clips we got. To end my post on a more positive note: Interesting that we'll learn about Diggle's future in the crossover. I wonder how they'll work that in. Will someone tell him? I doubt we're getting a flash forward in the crossover (that would be surprising!) Maybe the monitor? It could have been Nora saying something, but she's doesn't appear at all apparently.

Edited by RedVitC
  • Love 5

I would not blame Oliver for things that are not in his control like the alien controlled brainwashing world, nazi x earth ... where I doubt any Barry and iris moments would be any more possible than felicity and Oliver of those worlds. It’s just the fact that the writers didn’t want evil Barry after the lame ass execution of savitar. One could make the assumption about Iris and how she gets to smooch Oliver a guy she has expressed she finds hot and is one of her top 3 since the first crossover. Even when they had Oliver backing away and basically hiding behind Felicity. And now Iris dream came true.

• Love 8
14 minutes ago, Velocity23 said:

I would not blame Oliver for things that are not in his control like the alien controlled brainwashing world, nazi x earth ... where I doubt any Barry and iris moments would be any more possible than felicity and Oliver of those worlds. It’s just the fact that the writers didn’t want evil Barry after the lame ass execution of savitar. One could make the assumption about Iris and how she gets to smooch Oliver a guy she has expressed she finds hot and is one of her top 3 since the first crossover. Even when they had Oliver backing away and basically hiding behind Felicity. And now Iris dream came true.

Lol, every once and a while Iris will get a far away look in her eyes and ask Barry to tell her again about the time someone rewrote the universe and she was married to Oliver Queen's body.  

Edited by BkWurm1
  • Love 12

This thread is starting to remind me of "Mind Your Surroundings" before its gates shut for good.

In a desperate attempt to change the subject: Gary is the Legends crossover? And I was hoping for multiple-Earth Supermen including Brandon Routh.

Although if it's literally Gary Time-Couriering into a big old mess, surveying the chaos and going "Nope, saw nothing" and leaving again, I'll laugh my ass off.

• Love 3

At least one interview states that there are going to series-altering effects from this crossover, (with the Monitor involved, that seems the plan) but will it affect anything in the present?* I know they'll pick this back up in a later crossover, but if we're dealing with changing reality, then I'm thinking that there's a big reset by the end, and everyone forgets all this happened.

But then again, they almost never mentions crossover events in the shows anyway. However, this time they literally can make it so that none of this ever happened.

2 hours ago, tv echo said:

One question - who is Gary? 😂

3 hours ago, apinknightmare said:

Probably because there's someone in here trying to push the idea that Oliver saying "I love you" to Iris in a messed-up scenario where the sentiment comes out like he's working on a particularly difficult poo actually means something. Just a wild guess.

😂😂

Edited by Angel12d
  • Love 2

I mean people were wondering about playboy Oliver even though that in all the cases during the crossover it was shown that Oliver was not a playboy. Even the x earth Oliver was portraying as being a fateful kind of husband. And it was later revealed that siren from earth x was in love with him and he paid her no attention. Same in the brainwashed world where they exchange the olicity scenes with l/o, so I really fail to see all this playboy persona people were mentioning.

• Love 1

For a crossover that per MG is for the fans, they ignored --

...all but a very specific kind of fan.  

3 hours ago, Angel12d said:

One question - who is Gary? 😂

😂😂

Gary works for the Time Bureau and is a bisexual, nebbishy, one nippled, annoying slash lovable goof in middle management.  

Edited by BkWurm1
  • Love 3

I wish there was no tension between certain parts of Wa/Iris and OF/Felicity fans, but my wishing that doesn't do anyone any good. 

So continuing with this: A preview (I don't think it's been posted yet):

Elseworlds: Ten Things About This Year’s Crossover

Some tidbits in no particular order. More at the source :)

– Batwoman is not from the Earth that you might expect her to be from. I was surprised when the reveal came in where Batwoman’s Gotham City would be. Wherever she is, Oliver thinks Batman is an urban legend, probably because he can’t believe there’s a vigilante out there more dark and brooding than the Green Arrow.

– Candice Patton as Iris West-Allen finally gets a bit to do. I admit, I was a little disappointed that the 100th episode of The Flash did not give Candice Patton’s Iris much to do, considering she’s been the female lead since the very first episode of the series. Fortunately, “Elseworlds Part 1” rectifies that and uses her bond with Barry Allen to push forward some major plot elements. (And if you’re one of those Flash fans who insists on equal time for Caitlin, don’t worry, she’s in Parts 1 and 2 a lot as well.)

– The supporting casts are well used in their respective shows. While there are some folks missing, The Flash chapter heavily features members of that show’s cast, and likewise, the Arrow cast is mostly represented in the Arrow chapter. From clips and trailers it looks like the Supergirl cast is well used in Part 3. There are some exceptions, though: Jessica Parker Kennedy’s Nora is apparently still where we saw her at the end of last week’s Flash, and Katie Cassidy’s Laurel Lance isn’t seen, though in a way she does get one of the best lines of Part 2.

– It’s safe to say that elements of the crossover will fix or affect elements from their respective shows. Not going into detail here, but Oliver, Barry, and Kara will certainly learn and/or change from their experiences here. I just hope the Earths that have already been destroyed can be restored; that dead Justin Hartley Green Arrow in the teaser and the notion that Earth-90 is already wiped out makes me nervous.

– Ruby Rose is electric as Kate Kane. The alter ego of Batwoman is smart and confident even as her city is falling apart around her, but seeing her meeting our heroes, it adds an extra layer to it all. The attitude of Kate presented in “Elseworlds Part 2” shows off a character I would happily watch in her own series. As Batwoman, she’s a bit stoic, but it’s also one of those cases where I feel like if we spend more time with the character, we will have a better idea of what she’s meant to be. I especially enjoyed the interaction between Kate Kane and Melissa Benoist’s Kara Danvers, especially in light of both of them having the “world’s finest” cousins… I can also see them having the kind of friendship and interaction that Barry and Oliver have had in the past.

• Love 1

I still don't get SA channeling Barry, and GG channeling Oliver. Why? If it was an actual Freaky Friday situation with them switching bodies, then yes, of course, it could have been fun. This is just what... A Comment on how we're thee product of our surroundings and they are both so affected by the switch in one day?

I imagine the first 30 seconds of the Arrow portion is introducing Kate. 

• Love 1
Just now, bijoux said:

I still don't get SA channeling Barry, and GG channeling Oliver. Why? If it was an actual Freaky Friday situation with them switching bodies, then yes, of course, it could have been fun. This is just what... A Comment on how we're thee product of our surroundings and they are both so affected by the switch in one day?

They for some reason have to pretend to be each other at some point. 

• Love 2
6 hours ago, Velocity23 said:

I mean people were wondering about playboy Oliver even though that in all the cases during the crossover it was shown that Oliver was not a playboy. Even the x earth Oliver was portraying as being a fateful kind of husband. And it was later revealed that siren from earth x was in love with him and he paid her no attention. Same in the brainwashed world where they exchange the olicity scenes with l/o, so I really fail to see all this playboy persona people were mentioning.

Funny how people try to reach and harp on about Oliver being a play boy when he's clearly horrified about the life swap.

Barry meanwhile is peacing out and enjoying a break from his life. Only reason he wanted to fix it is he got petty Oliver woke up in his bed. 

I'd be pissed if Oliver was cavorting around having the time of his life and not remembering the wife.

• Love 3
9 hours ago, Miss Dee said:

Gary is the Legends crossover? And I was hoping for multiple-Earth Supermen including Brandon Routh.

Although if it's literally Gary Time-Couriering into a big old mess, surveying the chaos and going "Nope, saw nothing" and leaving again, I'll laugh my ass off.

ROFL!  That would be amazing.  🤣  I didn’t see Gary being the Legends cameo, but it will be interesting to see how and where he pops up.  

• Love 1
36 minutes ago, Mellowyellow said:

Funny how people try to reach and harp on about Oliver being a play boy when he's clearly horrified about the life swap.

Barry meanwhile is peacing out and enjoying a break from his life. Only reason he wanted to fix it is he got petty Oliver woke up in his bed. 

I'd be pissed if Oliver was cavorting around having the time of his life and not remembering the wife.

Big reason. It's clear where his priorities lie. It's less about him not remembering and more about him not realizing how deeply his life was altered and missing the bigger picture, that's why he reacted that way he did when he saw the photos. If Barry woke up in Oliver's bed he'd run away immediately.

I mean, it was only one person that said the playboy thing in this thread, but ok

Hartley tweeted this, which confirms Ralph does have scenes with Clark and Kara. (We already knew he had scenes with Oliver-Barry. Though I was actually a little surprised since I remember Stephen saying he didn't know who Dibny was when asked if he had scenes with him in the crossover. Or maybe he was just trying to avoid spoilers.)

And I agree with a few posters above. While I can sort of understand why they might pretend to be each other initially, I'm not sure why they need to keep pretending to be each other later on. Especially not in Gotham city. It's not like anyone knows them there.

Anywho, almost time for the episode!

• Love 1
23 minutes ago, RedVitC said:

I mean, it was only one person that said the playboy thing in this thread, but ok

Well on Twitter today, some fans were doing the most, saying that Oliver is a cheater because he let Iris kiss him. I'll be glad for the episodes to air just so people can stop baiting each other. Instead of fighting each other, we should all be fighting our common enemy, Marc Guggenheim.

• Love 10
32 minutes ago, apinknightmare said:

For anyone who's interested, this guy has spoiled whole episodes in the past (and been correct). It is a bit of a slog to wade through the stream of consciousness writing style though, LOL.

Arrow 7X09 Elseworlds Part 2 SPOILERS

Yeah, I gave up halfway through. I kept getting confused and having to stop to figure out what he meant.

I think the first 30 seconds one of the press people mentioned is a fight with Slade’s son? Maybe? 

• Love 1
33 minutes ago, apinknightmare said:

For anyone who's interested, this guy has spoiled whole episodes in the past (and been correct). It is a bit of a slog to wade through the stream of consciousness writing style though, LOL.

He responded to a comment about the lack of Felicity by saying that Felicity is in the episode a lot (‘not a lot lot but a lot by crossover standards’).

2 minutes ago, insomniadreams88 said:

Yeah, I gave up halfway through. I kept getting confused and having to stop to figure out what he meant.

I think the first 30 seconds one of the press people mentioned is a fight with Slade’s son? Maybe? 

Yes - that's mentioned in here as subduing? arresting? manhandling? baby Deathstroke.

41 minutes ago, apinknightmare said:

How is it that I read that whole thing and still haven't got a clue what the hell is going to happen in the episode? 

29 minutes ago, Chaser said:

Olicity make out.

That’s all I needed to read. And honestly all I wanted to, guy sounds like jerk.

Yep that's all I'll be watching next Ep lol. 

2 minutes ago, Mellowyellow said:

Wait it's true? They make out in the next ep? Cuz I'm watching if that's the case. 

Is there a lot of Felicity????

I wouldn't count on them actually making out, but kissing? Yes. 

And the guy said there's a lot of Felicity for a crossover, which...who knows what that means. But he said that in response to a guy who was super excited that she didn't seem to be in it much, so she's at least in it a fair amount. 

• Love 4

Part 1 postmortem at EW:

“The fact that Grant and I have this exchange, and have this really cool moment sitting on the steps of the Smallville ranch, is pretty much surreal as it gets,” Amell told EW when we visited the “Elseworlds” set in October. “The most important relationship in this crossover is the relationship between Barry and Oliver, not just because of the theme of them swapping lives but just because I personally think that’s the most important overarching, macro relationship in the entire universe that we’ve made over the past seven or eight years. Some of the scenes they have are just very earned because of the stuff you’ve seen before in the crossovers but just done a little differently.”

The Kent-Farm set scenes also introduced both Tulloch’s Lois Lane and the iconic Clark-and-Lois relationship into the Arrowverse. “It was amazing to have Clark and Lois together on our show,” Supergirl co-showrunner Robert Rovner told reporters at the screening. “We’ve dreamed of having Lois Lane be on Supergirl. We’ve talked about her since the beginning, so that was great. When I first saw them together, it felt like we were kind of entering the canon in a new fresh way, seeing them kind of reunite for the first time in our universe, and that was thrilling. It was thrilling to really read their first scenes in Flash and to kind of feel Lois Lane. It was amazing, and Bitsie Tulloch is amazing, embodying kind of everything that is iconic about Lois and we just love them together.”

“Working with Jeremy Davies, who I’ve been such a big fan of, I literally had to remind myself to say my line,” said Amell. “David Ramsey and I were watching him work, and the camera was on him and we were off-camera, and during one of his speeches, David literally grabbed my arm and started to squeeze it because we were just enjoying it so much.”

2 hours ago, apinknightmare said:

I wouldn't count on them actually making out, but kissing? Yes. 

How long does a kiss need to be before it constitutes making out? 15 min? 30 min?

Knowing Reddit it's probably a few second of snogging which is waaaay too long for them. Oh well there is usually tongue!

Either way I'm here for it! 

• Love 1

I saw on Twitter from one of the Flash writers that they passed SA in the hall or were in an elevator with him and the writer found himself puffing out his chest.  And that was the origin of Oliver puffing his chest out in front of Superman.  

• Love 3

So over on Legends tonight Gideon just said they got calls from Barry Allen, Oliver Queen and Kara Zor-el.  Ray quipped "Sounds like the annual crossover."  Nate followed up with, "Ugh, yeah, that's going to be a hard pass."  

And then one of them said (off screen) "Did I tell you Oliver owes me money?"  (I think it was Ray, maybe Nate.)  

When I stuck the closed caption on, someone else also said "I bet they are going to swap costumes" and then Mick, Nate and Ray are all laughing. 

• Love 10

Part 2 post mortem at TVLine: https://tvline.com/2018/12/10/arrowverse-crossover-recap-elseworlds-part-2-batwoman-oliver-felicity/

Producers were mum on which future catastrophe The Monitor is referencing, only sharing that “we already know a lot about what’s going on in next year’s crossover,” per Schwartz.

Bleh.... I don't like this crossover is the preview for the next. And as someone who knows knows next to nothing of the comic Crisis story, I don't find it exciting.

Edited by Trini
22 minutes ago, BkWurm1 said:

So over on Legends tonight Gideon just said they got calls from Barry Allen, Oliver Queen and Kara Zor-el.  Ray quipped "Sounds like the annual crossover."  Nate followed up with, "Ugh, yeah, that's going to be a hard pass."  

And then one of them said (off screen) "Did I tell you Oliver owes me money?"  (I think it was Ray, maybe Nate.)  

When I stuck the closed caption on, someone else also said "I bet they are going to swap costumes" and then Mick, Nate and Ray are all laughing. 

I wish once, just once, everyone else could be pulled into the Legends’ world for the crossover instead of the other way around.  I’d love to see a crossover filled with everyone dealing with Legends-level insanity.  It would be so fun.  

• Love 12