Type keyword(s) to search

Crisis On Infinite Earths 2019: Who Lives, Who Dies, Who Tells Their Story

Message added by MarkHB

This thread is specifically for discussion of Elseworlds, Crisis on Infinite Earths, and speculation and spoilers directly pertaining to them.  Full rules for the thread are here; please read them.  Off-topic posts may be removed.

• Start Topic

13 minutes ago, Proteus said:

I don't see BL ever crossing over with the other shows.

They better not -- maybe a reference to the crisis, or one character makes a cameo, but that's it.

The crossovers are already a headache. It’d be a lot to work in a show that films in Atlanta. And from what I can see the BL creators want no part of the Arrowverse. 

ETA: I love the title of this thread.

Edited by BaggythePanther
Just noticed thread title

Five-night miniseries, independent of all shows?

I can see Black Lightning getting into the mix. Hell, throw in any DC Comics-based show. I'll start:

EARTH-27

Gotham City. Bar exterior. Usual chaos that goes on in this city. HARVEY BULLOCK staggers out. He looks at the sun, expecting to be blinded, only to see a dark, unnaturally red sky.

Bullock: Nope.

BULLOCK goes back into the bar.

Bullock: (from inside) I need more drinks. And I've heard great things about airplane glue. You got any of that?

Edited by Lantern7
  • Love 3

If they really want to have some fun and get us pumped they could give cameos to some of the DC voice actors who have stolen our hearts over the years.  Show their faces or just let us hear them deliver a line offscreen but it would be great to include some of them (assuming availability of course).  Look how everyone lost their shit when the Smallville theme played.  Let us hear Mark Hamill's Joker laugh as Gotham looks at the red sky on another Earth, to give one example that I'd like to see, during the montage of red skies through the multiverse that you know they're going to do.  Cameos from voice actors and actors from Gotham, Lucifer, and Titans would be great to see.  Everyone will be expecting them to go big so do things like that.

• Love 3

I was fine with the Legends sitting out this year's crossover.  It didn't interrupt their storylines and was much better than Elseworlds to boot.  They even acknowledged why they wouldn't be part of it in a funny way.

But I definitely want them involved in Crisis on Infinite Earths crossover and have absolutely no doubt that they will be.  This is an all hands on deck crossover and involves the fate of all of the CW shows.

I would love a Monday to Friday crossover for all five shows.

• Love 6

CW Boss on "Next Generation" of DC Shows, Future of 'All American'
JANUARY 31, 2019 3:58pm PT by Lesley Goldberg
https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/cw-boss-next-generation-dc-shows-future-all-american-1181775

With all five DC Comics-inspired dramas already renewed for next season and its Ruby Rose-led Batwoman pilot fully expected to go to series, Pedowitz still believes there's room for more. "We haven't hit that saturation point," he said, noting that the network has yet to decide if all six dramas would be on the air concurrently. With Arrow renewed for its eighth season, Pedowitz is aware that some of the Greg Berlanti-produced DC shows are starting to show signs of age. "Things will age and we want to get the next generation of shows to keep The CW DC universe going for as long as possible," he said. Decisions about final seasons of any of The CW's fare - including Arrow - will likely come around May's upfront presentations to ad buyers. Looking ahead, Pedowitz previewed that the next DC crossover will be the "biggest and most complicated" one the shows have done thus far. Speaking with reporters after his time onstage, the exec said it's highly likely that the "Crisis on Infinite Earths" crossover would feature a character death - which may be a remix of its comic book source material.

Edited by tv echo
16 hours ago, Trini said:

Besides the fact that he's the star of their #1 show, Barry has died several times already - good luck killing him off. But it sounds like Supergirl and Black Lightning might get merged into the main Arrowverse.

When it comes to deaths that will stick, maybe it's the supporting characters we should be afraid for.

I wouldn't think they'd kill Iris unless CP wanted to leave even if that would be a twist to flip the script on which of Nora's parents vanishes.

13 hours ago, scarynikki12 said:

Cameos from voice actors and actors from Gotham, Lucifer, and Titans would be great to see. 

My dream is to see David Mazouz and Camren Bicondova, wearing aged-up makeup (make them look 45-ish or so) and sitting in a cafe in Florence when the skies turn red.

• Love 4

CW boss says next Arrowverse crossover is 'the biggest, the most complicated' one yet
CHANCELLOR AGARD January 31, 2019 
https://ew.com/tv/2019/01/31/arrowverse-crisis-infinite-earths-mark-pedowitz/

The Arrowverse is already gearing up for next year’s crossover “Crisis on Infinite Earths,” and according CW president Mark Pedowitz it will the network’s most ambitious event yet.

“It will be the biggest, the most complicated one that they’ve done, but I am proud to say that they are doing it and we are supporting them,” Pedowitz told reporters at the 2019 Television Critics Association winter press tour on Thursday.
“I can’t tell you if it will follow the comic book version, but it will take some big swings,” he said.
Furthermore, it appears as though a decision has not yet been made on whether or not DC’s Legends of Tomorrow — which was not part of 2018’s “Elseworlds” crossover — would be involved in “Crisis on Infinite Earths.” When asked about it, Pedowitz said, “I hope so.”

“It’s going to be the biggest one we ever did,” he said. “The only reason Legends wasn’t this year was the complications in production of doing these things. We don’t want to wear out everybody before the season ends. But we’re talking about a number of different ways to go. It is Crisis on Infinite Earths and if you know the history, things collapse.”

Edited by tv echo
29 minutes ago, MarkHB said:

My dream is to see David Mazouz and Camren Bicondova, wearing aged-up makeup (make them look 45-ish or so) and sitting in a cafe in Florence when the skies turn red.

If not David and Camren they could always show Kevin Conroy and Adrienne Barbeau. 

• Love 4
14 hours ago, BaggythePanther said:

The crossovers are already a headache. It’d be a lot to work in a show that films in Atlanta. And from what I can see the BL creators want no part of the Arrowverse.

Agreed that Black Lighting isn't interested in merging. But regarding filming, they did go to Chicago for the last crossover, so it's possible they do something like that again.

Cameos from the all other DC comic shows would be fun. They should definitely get someone from Gotham, if nowhere else.

1 hour ago, BkWurm1 said:

I wouldn't think they'd kill Iris unless CP wanted to leave even if that would be a twist to flip the script on which of Nora's parents vanishes.

tumblr_otlkxkUsdt1r1fgy7o4_500.gif

• Love 1
1 hour ago, MarkHB said:

Why would they be 45? I kind figured they would be around the same age as Oliver at about mid thirties. Gotham looks to take place around the late 90's to early 00's. They had older computers and flip phones. 

If they can pull off getting cameos from other shows that would be great. They should get Welling, Rosenbaum and Hartley as well. Let's see the other Earth's, even if it's only a glimpse. 

• Love 2
2 hours ago, Sakura12 said:

Why would they be 45? I kind figured they would be around the same age as Oliver at about mid thirties. Gotham looks to take place around the late 90's to early 00's. They had older computers and flip phones. 

Reference to The Dark Night Rises. I’ll understand if there’s no nod to Gotham, and I’d really want Smallville to be skipped entirely. I reckon the last five years was “hate watching” on my part.

• Love 1
21 hours ago, Sakura12 said:

Why would they be 45?

18 hours ago, Lantern7 said:

Reference to The Dark Night Rises.

Exactly.  I would anticipate that their Earth would be wiped out by the Anti-Monitor, so I want David's Bruce to have had his full career as Batman before that happens.

• Love 1

I can't see them leaving the Legends out of Crisis on Infinite Earths.  Black Lightning would be better separate, but they have implied at least some form of Vixen and Supergirl exits on Black Lightning's earth.

I think a lot of it depends on if they collapse the multiverse into one earth.  With the non-Berlanti DC shows it's impossible (Gotham, Lucifer and so on), but if they want a way to make the Arrowverse one universe it could work.  Although Black Lighting is problematic because I think it works better on its own, but I think there should be some cameo appearance.

And personally, I want to see Sara and Mazakeen share a scene.  Or Sara and Lucifer.

• Love 3

Why Revealing The Arrow-verse's Next Crossover Early Was Great, According To The CW President
Laura Hurley   February 1, 2019
https://www.cinemablend.com/television/2466188/why-revealing-the-arrow-verses-next-crossover-early-was-great-according-to-the-cw-president

At the TCA winter press tour, CinemaBlend's Nick Venable asked CW President Mark Pedowitz if announcing the crossover early was helpful in planning the year's TV slate, and Pedowitz had this to say:

"It actually does. It actually whets the audience's appetite, which is something that is great. To have an anticipatory feeling about it because you're starting to see on social media commentary."
It's still too early for Mark Pedowitz to drop tons of spoilers about "Crisis on Infinite Earths," but he did tease what viewers can expect from the crossover event:

"'Crisis on Infinite Earths,' one thing I can tell you early in the planning stages, we're already talking to producers, we're a year out, almost a year out. It will be the biggest, the most complicated, one that they've done, but I am proud to say that they're doing it and we are supporting it."

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 1

I would be very impressed if they take the storylines from all three Earth-1 shows - Zari’s future on Legends, the Star City 2040 future on Arrow, and Nora’s future on Flash - and pull it all together in Crisis.  But...I’m skeptical whether they’ll actually do that, so I don’t want to get my hopes up. What do you all think? 

• Love 5

Crisis has the potential to undo the three futures and it's the perfect catalyst.  I think everyone expects Barry's future disappearance to be undone so he can have a happy ending, so that happening during Crisis won't be a surprise.  With each episode I'm more and more convinced that Arrow's "fixed future" is a load of BS from the producers who want to get everyone worried only for it to change in the wake of Crisis.  I bet that Zari's future will be changed as well in the wake of Crisis, with her becoming a woman without a time like Rip after Savage was defeated.  For Supergirl, I don't know that any significant changes will happen to what little we've heard about the future that Brainy comes from, as their big change will be seeing their Earth merge with ours and others.  Changing the Supergirl future is possible but it feels like too much so I think they'll leave it with the merging. 

• Love 3

I was just about to the post the same, that I am pretty sure that the future timelines, Nora's on The Flash and the one on Arrow will change as a result of the crisis. 

I think for Barry's fate to change either Barry Allen from Earth 90 or Jay Garrick from Earth 3 will take his place. The alternative would be if Wally makes the sacrifice instead.

I don't see how Oliver can sacrifice himself for either Barry or Kara since he has no powers so he will probably just be temporarily missing or "dead" in the chaos.

50 minutes ago, SimoneS said:

I was just about to the post the same, that I am pretty sure that the future timelines, Nora's on The Flash and the one on Arrow will change as a result of the crisis. 

I think for Barry's fate to change either Barry Allen from Earth 90 or Jay Garrick from Earth 3 will take his place. The alternative would be if Wally makes the sacrifice instead.

I don't see how Oliver can sacrifice himself for either Barry or Kara since he has no powers so he will probably just be temporarily missing or "dead" in the chaos.

And as for Supergirl, I think one possible way to flip the script would be to have Superman sacrifice himself for her, which is the opposite of what happened in the comic Crisis on Infinite Earths. I just wonder how the fans of Tyler Hoechlin's Superman would receive it.

• Love 1
3 hours ago, legaleagle53 said:

And as for Supergirl, I think one possible way to flip the script would be to have Superman sacrifice himself for her, which is the opposite of what happened in the comic Crisis on Infinite Earths. I just wonder how the fans of Tyler Hoechlin's Superman would receive it.

That would work, but I don't know if DC would allow them to kill Superman. Maybe Superman from other earth dies instead.

On 2/1/2019 at 6:36 PM, BkWurm1 said:

That's a repeat of the s3 storyline with a worse outcome. Iris died too many times already. She would also need to give birth to Nora first.

If anything, Nora dying in place of the father she is desperate to save would be a real twist. She is in the wrong timeline already, can be reborn as one half of the Tornado Twins and become a superhero in a better future with both parents alive.

I honestly expect them to only kill off doppelgängers and characters portrayed by actors who want to leave/whose show is ending.

• Love 1

This is potentially relevant to the crossover. I don't know how reliable they are but We Got This Covered has two articles claiming they are hearing Arrow and Legends of Tomorrow may will end after next season and that Supergirl may be replaced by Superman in a season or two if the ratings don't improve (which is networks fault with the way they've moved it around the schedule and gave it a terrible time slot).

The Arrow and Legends article speculates a bit about how it could be related to the post crisis landscape being quite different but its not clear how much they actually know about that. If true I hope they get satisfying endings that are right for the shows and the characters and not just about setting up and pushing whatever new superhero shows the network develops. 

Edited by Oreo2234
7 minutes ago, Oreo2234 said:

This is potentially relevant to the crossover. I don't know how reliable they are but We Got This Covered has two articles claiming they are hearing Arrow and Legends of Tomorrow may will end after next season and that Supergirl may be replaced by Superman in a season or two if the ratings don't improve (which is networks fault with the way they've moved it around the schedule and gave it a terrible time slot).

Sounds like clickbait to me. There's been speculation about Arrow and LoT ending for a while even before the last crossover. And Supergirl is anchoring CW's new Sunday night block, and is still one the network's top shows. It's low ratings are better than the 0% ratings CW was getting on Sundays before.

I'm not so sure about a Superman series; but if they decide to do one, I'm thinking it wouldn't go to CW.

But I do think that the next crossover is going to be used to make big changes in the shows next season. Merging Supergirl's earth into Earth-1, and changing the future of Star City on Arrow are my best guesses.

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, Oreo2234 said:

The Arrow and Legends article speculates a bit about how it could be related to the post crisis landscape being quite different but its not clear how much they actually know about that. If true I hope they get satisfying endings that are right for the shows and the characters and not just about setting up and pushing whatever new superhero shows the network develops. 

Sorry I don't buy a word of any of this. Clearly click bait.

• Love 3
2 hours ago, Oreo2234 said:

We Got This Covered has two articles claiming they are hearing Arrow and Legends of Tomorrow may will end after next season and that Supergirl may be replaced by Superman in a season or two if the ratings don't improve

They may indeed be clickbait (I never heard of this site before), but here’s the links and quotes for future reference.

Arrow And Legends Of Tomorrow May End After Their Next Seasons

...a source close to We Got This Covered is telling us that both Arrow and Legends of Tomorrow will be ending after the next season. If you’d like us to be more specific, we’re talking about the 2019-20 broadcast year.

Basically, this is because the Arrowverse landscape is said to be drastically different post-Crisis. To be honest, we don’t know if that means Greg Berlanti and company are paring it down to one cohesive universe so that Supergirl is more readily available for crossover action, but official announcements are expected to come down near the end of each respective season.

What’s also worth mentioning is that characters from cancelled shows may move over to other series.

Supergirl In Danger Of Being Cancelled Due To Low Ratings

...a source has told us that once these next runs have wrapped up, the shape of the shared DC TV universe could be very different. For starters, one of the shows may be in danger of being forcibly cancelled due to worries over ratings. And that unlucky show’s Supergirl. 

From what we understand, The CW hasn’t been all too pleased with the viewing figures for the Girl of Steel’s solo series of late. If things continue as they are or decline even more, it’s possible that the network will wrap things up. They seem keen to keep the Super-brand going, however, as a Superman show would likely take Supergirl‘s place on the schedule. As stated in previous reports on the topic, this would feature Tyler Hoechlin and Elizabeth Tulloch returning as Clark Kent and Lois Lane.

This might not be the only major change coming to the franchise, though, as we’ve also been told that both Arrow and Legends of Tomorrow could be brought to a close following their eighth and fifth seasons, respectively. The thinking is that the Arrowverse will be freshened up following the big “Crisis on Infinite Earths” crossover coming this fall. If that’s correct, then only The Flash and Batwoman will remain, with a Superman show and more unannounced projects presumably joining them.

39 minutes ago, Starfish35 said:

They may indeed be clickbait (I never heard of this site before), but here’s the links and quotes for future reference.

Arrow And Legends Of Tomorrow May End After Their Next Seasons

Supergirl In Danger Of Being Cancelled Due To Low Ratings

Yeah....this sounds very....fake. Supergirl is still doing quite well on the network, first of all. If it's not going below a million viewers and isn't below a 0.3, then it's just fine. Also, we've heard the rumours about Arrow/LOT ending for at least two years now. So reading about how "we heard that..." doesn't mean shit if you don't have anything to back it up. We've also heard "rumours" about there being a Superman show for years. 

The ONLY way I see them cancelling Arrow/LOT/Supergirl next year is if the network is trying to steer away from superhero shows and get back to teen dramas. 

• Love 2

I'm not so sure about a Superman series; but if they decide to do one, I'm thinking it wouldn't go to CW.

Your probably right. They would most likely put it on the streaming service where it would have a better budget. 

I can see Arrow ending next year but I do find It hard to believe that they would end 3 Arrowverse shows at once. 

• Love 2

I'm still on the "Arrow ends after Crisis, when Ollie dies heroically" train. Supergirl is the anchor of their Sunday block, and Legends cut their budget by losing Firestorm and not letting the others really be superheroes much anymore.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, MarkHB said:

I'm still on the "Arrow ends after Crisis, when Ollie dies heroically" train.

I’m back and forth about that, mostly because it would mean killing off the lead halfway through the season. And even if next year is Arrow’s last season, I still see it getting a full season.

If Oliver does sacrifice himself in the Crisis I’m curious to see how Flash fans will react to that, considering it’s a huge Barry Allen storyline in the comics. Changing love interests, race bending characters and changing children is one thing, but taking a classic Flash storyline (that’s been teased for five seasons) and giving it to another character feels like the straw that broke the camels back. YMMV.

• Love 1

Do you think the subscription shows based off DC Comics might make brief appearances. "Well, we couldn't fit Legends of Tomorrow into the mix . . ." "YOU SUCK!" "But here's a few minutes of them fighting the Doom Patrol!"

I don't use subscriptions at all . . . I just read a review on AVClub, and Doom Patrol sounded like the Legends of the new service.

On 2/22/2019 at 2:28 PM, Trini said:

Sounds like clickbait to me. There's been speculation about Arrow and LoT ending for a while even before the last crossover. And Supergirl is anchoring CW's new Sunday night block, and is still one the network's top shows. It's low ratings are better than the 0% ratings CW was getting on Sundays before.

But I do think that the next crossover is going to be used to make big changes in the shows next season. Merging Supergirl's earth into Earth-1, and changing the future of Star City on Arrow are my best guesses.

Definitely. SG is not going anywhere. Now, it is possible Arrow may end after S8. Cancelling SG for a Superman series is not even in the 1% of possibility. Now, I don't know about LoT.

Edited by Simba122504
  • Love 2
9 hours ago, BaggythePanther said:

I’m back and forth about that, mostly because it would mean killing off the lead halfway through the season. And even if next year is Arrow’s last season, I still see it getting a full season.

I'm in the same boat with you on this. I don't think Arrow's plans will be clear until the end of the season.

If Oliver does sacrifice himself in the Crisis I’m curious to see how Flash fans will react to that, considering it’s a huge Barry Allen storyline in the comics. Changing love interests, race bending characters and changing children is one thing, but taking a classic Flash storyline (that’s been teased for five seasons) and giving it to another character feels like the straw that broke the camels back. YMMV.

It would be dumb, and I'd hate it because Flash has been building up to Crisis for years. But I'm preparing myself for it to dumb in any case.  ::SIGH::

• Love 1
On 2/23/2019 at 10:56 AM, MarkHB said:

I'm still on the "Arrow ends after Crisis, when Ollie dies heroically" train. Supergirl is the anchor of their Sunday block, and Legends cut their budget by losing Firestorm and not letting the others really be superheroes much anymore.

Yep because the crossover never airs at the end of any of the series seasons. So Oliver will live because TPTB cannot kill off the lead in the middle of a season. Oliver is not dying so his show can go on and have a possible series finale without him. That's just not happening. Arrow is about his journey. He is the title character. It will get a full season this Fall even if it's the last. And I don't believe Oliver is going to die at all. 

Edited by Simba122504
13 hours ago, Lantern7 said:

I don't use subscriptions at all . . . I just read a review on AVClub, and Doom Patrol sounded like the Legends of the new service.

I’ve just watched the first couple of episodes of Doom Patrol and that’s the vibe I get. I still feel like the streaming service and CW shows won’t ever interact, even with Crisis. 

FWIW - more from We Got This Covered...

The Arrowverse Will Become One Universe After Crisis On Infinite Earths
By Christian Bone   February 23, 2019
https://wegotthiscovered.com/tv/arrowverse-streamlined-universe-crisis-infinite-earths/

... Sources close to We Got This Covered have revealed that “Crisis” will have enormous ramifications for the multiverse and will end with the varying Earths of the Arrowverse being merged into one, meaning that yes, all of the shows will take place on one single Earth. So, no more Earth-38 for Supergirl, as the Girl of Steel will soon be living on the same Earth as Green Arrow, the Flash and Batwoman.
Merging the multiverse into one isn’t the only way that things are being refreshed, though. We’ve also been told that the line-up of Arrowverse shows on the air will massively change after the next run of seasons, with Arrow, Legends of Tomorrow and Supergirl all potentially coming to an end. The thinking’s that The Flash and Batwoman would then be joined by the next generation of series set in the Arrowverse.

To reiterate, this news isn’t officially confirmed just yet, but all the signs are pointing to the Arrowverse being irrevocably changed following “Crisis on Infinite Earths.” As Psycho-Pirate said in “Elseworlds,” “worlds will live, worlds will die, and the universe will never be the same.”

Edited by tv echo

That just seems like the fandom hanging on the comic storyline, when the Arrowverse had never been about following the comics. I think fans are setting themselves up for disappointment when not much is going to happen besides maybe merging Supergirl's earth. Which still probably won't change much. Tv ratings are down everywhere thanks to streaming services and people not buying cable anymore. The Arrowverse shows are still doing better then most of the CW's other shows. They won't want to mess with that. 

Arrow can be ending soon. However unless they are changing when the crossover airs they are not cancelling all those shows in the middle of the season. 

• Love 7

I don't believe anything We Got This Covered says. Over the past few days they've posted one outlandish story after the next claiming they have a source. Most sounds like speculation with them taking guesses on how things could play out. Yeah, fans are setting themselves up for a lot of disappointment IMO with how big they think this event will be with deaths and changes.

• Love 3
8 hours ago, Proteus said:

I don't believe anything We Got This Covered says. Over the past few days they've posted one outlandish story after the next claiming they have a source. Most sounds like speculation with them taking guesses on how things could play out. Yeah, fans are setting themselves up for a lot of disappointment IMO with how big they think this event will be with deaths and changes. 

They're totally speculating like everyone else. However, I do think that TPTB want to use this crossover to make some big changes; since they always want to top themselves. (And I think the showrunners have said as much in interviews.)

I think there will be some deaths - whether they stick, or whether it's a central character is the question for me.

I'm pretty leery of any speculation based on "this show has terrible ratings!" 

This is the CW. They've repeatedly said that they don't care about ratings, and just proved that by renewing Dynasty.

• Love 3

Yeah, I also find it unlikely that Oliver would die in the middle of the season.

I don't think Oliver took Kara and Barry's place in crisis. Whatever he traded, he traded it for Barry and Kara to survive in 2018 not 2019. Oliver already received his end of the deal, Barry and Kara didn't die when running across earth during Elseworlds. What´s left is for Oliver hand in his part of the bargain, whatever it was.

• Love 4
On 2/27/2019 at 12:49 PM, RedVitC said:

I don't think Oliver took Kara and Barry's place in crisis. Whatever he traded, he traded it for Barry and Kara to survive in 2018 not 2019.

This makes the most sense. But I’m just really curious how they’re going to do Crisis without killing off the protagonists of two shows. Someone has to die, right?

Yet another article citing an inside source from We Got This Covered...

Tom Cavanagh May Leave The Flash After Crisis On Infinite Earths
Eric Joseph   March 2, 2019
https://wegotthiscovered.com/tv/fan-favorite-actor-leave-flash-crisis-infinite-earths/

Following recent reports of Carlos Valdes possibly leaving after season 5 (I could see this happening, taking his current story arc into account) and Danielle Panabaker also perhaps being in tow, we’re now learning that Tom Cavanagh won’t stick around for too much longer, either.

According to a source close to We Got This Covered, the actor could very well exit the series upon the conclusion to this fall’s “Crisis on Infinite Earths” crossover. Furthermore, the prime time extravaganza will “close the story on his character(s).” Not only that, but “we’ll probably see many versions of Wells working together during Crisis and it’s possible they may all die.” Suffice it to say, this’ll end the Reverse-Flash’s story for good if it ultimately pans out. After all, hasn’t the guy died enough times already?