Type keyword(s) to search

90DF Live Chat: Rice-A-Roni & Google Translate

Drogo
Message added by Meredith Quill

Don't post social media info/spoilers in the live chat.

This is the LIVE CHAT topic for ALL 90DF shows. Posting should only occur in this topic during the FIRST live airing of the episode.  See here for more details.

• Start Topic

Just now, Lillith said:

Same. I spend the day watching a fascinating but of course depressing WWI documentary. This is my mental junk food. 

I'm watching a 2.5 hour documentary on Stalin. You've gotta watch some garbage on occasion.

Who is this girlfriend? She needs to butt out and let Ashley and Jamaica guy do whatever they're going to do. If stuff goes south, that's what happens when you hook up with a younger guy who thinks he's God's gift to women. His true colors will come out soon enough.  No one needs you to stir up the drama.

I'm just thinking - what the heck job is this guy gonna have? He doesn't have to support her, but jeez, he should bring something to the table. Why do women do this to themselves and their children?

• Love 3
Just now, hisbunkie said:

A respectful reminder to those who think Debbie’s relationship is inappropriate. The idea of unmarried children living on their own is a mid 20th Century phenomenon.  It has to do with the movement of families away from the family farm into the city. 

I would really like to see what Larissa’s living situation was in Brazil.  Did she have her own place?  What kind of work did she do?  How was she supporting herself?

I’m impressed by the fact that Colt appears to have a respectful and supportive relationship with his mother. This is a good thing. Larissa May see things differently when she begins to yearn for a baby and finds that paying for daycare doesn’t leave much time or money for “being independent “.

I’m Team Debbie all the way.  

I actually think its really nice when multiple generations live together.  I actually think it is great when grandparents help raise their grandkids, for instance, and when kids take care of their parents at home instead of putting them in nursing homes.  I wish it were more common in America.

That being said, I think Colt and his mother have an unhealthy relationship.  It's one thing to live together, but another to not even have separate finances from one's mother.  Also, it seems like neither Debbie nor Colt have cultivated relationships independent of each other.  Debbie and Colt should have hobbies and friends outside of the house, too.

• Love 15
1 minute ago, hisbunkie said:

A respectful reminder to those who think Debbie’s relationship is inappropriate. The idea of unmarried children living on their own is a mid 20th Century phenomenon.  It has to do with the movement of families away from the family farm into the city. 

I would really like to see what Larissa’s living situation was in Brazil.  Did she have her own place?  What kind of work did she do?  How was she supporting herself?

I’m impressed by the fact that Colt appears to have a respectful and supportive relationship with his mother. This is a good thing. Larissa May see things differently when she begins to yearn for a baby and finds that paying for daycare doesn’t leave much time or money for “being independent “.

I think their relationship is...odd, but I also wonder if we've heard anything about what Debbie does for a living? Is he living with her, or is she really living with him? Because it may be a case of him supporting an aging parent and not wanting to embarrass her about it on national tv. 

Or not. I could be way off.  My cousin had her mother living with her as she became elderly and they got a joint account because it was easier. She only had a small SS check to deposit anyway and it made sense. Perhaps the case here.

• Love 3
1 minute ago, Gigglepuff said:

Cue the jealous friend. 

To be fair, I would not be jealous of Ashley's situation AT ALL.  I am her age age with one kid, and the idea of being with someone like Jay would have me running for the hills!

• Love 5
1 minute ago, hisbunkie said:

I think it's great to have mom live with you. But when the woman you love gets off a plane and you bring her home, and mom's the one who can't keep her hands off of you, it's a little weird. When mom still has a joint bank account, eats her meals with you, and cries at the thought of you having a life of your own, it's time to separate from mom. I'm not impressed by these two.

• Love 17
2 minutes ago, hisbunkie said:

Although I do believe in respecting your parents.... I will say as a person in a long term relationship with somebody who has an overbearing mother I am not Team Debbie. My boyfriend's mother is the biggest gaslighter, she will cause trouble and then act innocent and want sympathy from my boyfriend, I can see Debbie pulling the same crap.

• Love 11
13 minutes ago, JenE4 said:

I don’t even have a joint bank account with my husband, let alone adult child!

Same with Mrs. Floatingbison, we have separate bank accounts.   I think Coltie and his mom/wife are creepy beyond belief.   Mrs. Floatingbison snarked that there won't be enough room for all three of them in the same bed.

• Love 11

Ashley’s friend can be supportive. That is it. She has not been asked for her opinion. Ashely needs to make her own choices and mistakes. The friend can have the dustpan and broom handy to help pick up the pieces. Or move on.

• Love 3
1 minute ago, lucy711 said:

That being said, I think Colt and his mother have an unhealthy relationship.  It's one thing to live together, but another to not even have separate finances from one's mother.  Also, it seems like neither Debbie nor Colt have cultivated relationships independent of each other.  Debbie and Colt should have hobbies and friends outside of the house, too.

They are best friends. Even best friends should have boundaries.

• Love 5
3 minutes ago, hisbunkie said:

My son lived with me until he got married in his late 30's. I put up with people saying, "Kick him out" for years. Why? We like each other, we're good company, and being a widow, I like having some male help around the house, etc.  It's not the two of them living together that bothers me. I trust my son with my passwords, but we don't share accounts. There's just something a bit too close about the two of them. 

• Love 20
1 minute ago, lucy711 said:

I actually think its really nice when multiple generations live together.  I actually think it is great when grandparents help raise their grandkids, for instance, and when kids take care of their parents at home instead of putting them in nursing homes.  I wish it were more common in America.

I don’t think these shows are meant to include what people do in their social life. I’m not interested in watching Debbie go to her Canasta Club. We don’t know what they do all day and how independent they are from each other. 

• Love 2
11 minutes ago, Frozendiva said:

I wake up looking like a scarecrow, have gunk on the face, and sometimes feel like I ironed my face to the pillowcase.

Yes, but when I first got married, I left what was left of my makeup on. Didnt want to scare the poor guy! No false eyelashes, though, unless you want to wake up with them glued to your teeth or boobs.

• Love 5
Just now, hoosiermom said:

Alex Trebek lives with his mom and he is married. At least I think that's the situation still.

Alex Trebek pointed out that his mother lived with him. I do think that a son or daughter opening his or her home to an elderly parent is a very different thing from a single young person still living at home with Mommy, who cooks all his meals and cleans the house and shares a bank account. 

• Love 14
7 minutes ago, aliya said:

I'm watching a 2.5 hour documentary on Stalin. You've gotta watch some garbage on occasion.

Who is this girlfriend? She needs to butt out and let Ashley and Jamaica guy do whatever they're going to do. If stuff goes south, that's what happens when you hook up with a younger guy who thinks he's God's gift to women. His true colors will come out soon enough.  No one needs you to stir up the drama.

I'm just thinking - what the heck job is this guy gonna have? He doesn't have to support her, but jeez, he should bring something to the table. Why do women do this to themselves and their children?

I watched that documentary!  It’s really good.  The scene where Stalin’s aid drops the sword from King George is fascinating.  

• Love 1
1 minute ago, renatae said:

Yes, but when I first got married, I left what was left of my makeup on. Didnt want to scare the poor guy! No false eyelashes, though, unless you want to wake up with them glued to your teeth or boobs.

Stuck to your boobs...lol... I can't breathe. Same with the cute nightie, woke up next to hubby with my boob hanging out and the lace strap wrapped tightly around my upper arm. Not sexy.

• Love 7