Type keyword(s) to search

90DF Live Chat: Rice-A-Roni & Google Translate

Drogo
Message added by Meredith Quill

Don't post social media info/spoilers in the live chat.

This is the LIVE CHAT topic for ALL 90DF shows. Posting should only occur in this topic during the FIRST live airing of the episode.  See here for more details.

• Start Topic

3 minutes ago, Neurochick said:

I don’t get what’s wrong with being cheap.   I love the blog The cheapest woman alive tells all.  It’s a great blog, shows that you don’t have to spend money to have a good time.  Why spend money to make someone else rich?

There's cheap and there is rude and lacking manners. No one says any of these guys have to buy women a Mercedes. But they should bring flowers or do something else that well-brought up people do in these situations. That said, a well-brought up person wouldn't make a comment about not having flowers. I'm sure she built up their meeting in her head, and I understand that, but she shouldn't have said anything.

And yes, it is cheap for a 40 (cough cough) yr old man to split a hoagie between 4 people. Sorry. It's cheap unless everyone in the group is broke and they agree to eat this way. 

• Love 19
1 minute ago, Eldemarge said:

Kalani couldn't give two shits about making her fiance happy, does she.  It's all about her being happy and someone helping with the baby.  

Yup and she wants to test him with her family and she knows he can't win. She talks to him like a child.

• Love 11

There's thrifty/moneywise, then there is cheap. And droopy eyeballs is CHEAP and broke. If he can't afford a meal at the food court for 3 1/2 persons, how did he afford the sponsorship money for the K1?

• Love 21
2 minutes ago, LouLFC said:

"Looking at the beach here in America, there are lots of white people."

That struck me so funny.

Reminds me of an African grad student of mine with a couple of kids. They had been here in our very white state for a number of years while he and his wife got degrees. They were finally able to take a trip back to the motherland and the kids are in the airport, surprised as heck, "Dad, there sure are a lot of black people here!" 

• Love 5
Just now, hoosiermom said:

What did she mean he thinks he can immediately become Olivers father? He IS Olivers father.

Right?? So he's NOT supposed to try and be a father now?  Oy.  He's screwed either way, I guess.  This family is...not the warmest, are they?

• Love 20

Kalani's sister hates Asuelu because Kalani told her he cheated. But last week she came clean but sis still hates him?

I can't stand the father and his tough guy attitude. Mr. Big Shot who thinks it's manly to physically threaten people because he is looking out for his precious flower of a daughter who is fucking 30 years old. We need those types to be put out to pasture. Maybe back in the day this behavior was cool but the father is being an asshole with no cause and not giving the guy a chance. That just screams asshole to me.

• Love 20
Just now, CoachWristletJen said:

He didn't steal her virginity. Kalani was 30 and feeling desperate. Her biological clock was ticking. Her personality is, uh, strong. And, she wanted a fit young guy. So, she found herself one. Now they're putting all the blame on him for stealing her 'innocence'?

Agreed.  It's not fair.  She isn't a kid.  It seems like Kalani doesn't even like poor Asuelo.

• Love 11
2 minutes ago, noveltylibrary said:

I feel bad for Asuelo, he may be young but he seems more mature than her family by leaps and bounds.  And I seriously can't tell how they ever made a baby ie NO connection.

My guess is the bar had some involvement?

• Love 7
1 minute ago, greekmom said:

There's thrifty/moneywise, then there is cheap. And droopy eyeballs is CHEAP and broke. If he can't afford a meal at the food court for 3 1/2 persons, how did he afford the sponsorship money for the K1?

I snorted out loud at "droopy eyeballs."  Thank you.

• Love 2
2 minutes ago, CoachWristletJen said:

He didn't steal her virginity. Kalani was 30 and feeling desperate. Her biological clock was ticking. Her personality is, uh, strong. And, she wanted a fit young guy. So, she found herself one. Now they're putting all the blame on him for stealing her 'innocence'?

Her alleged "innocence" was a dumpster fire. . . . nobody wanted that shit anyway.

• Love 7
1 minute ago, greekmom said:

I don’t get the questions of how someone can afford.....they obviously did, or someone did.

I wouldn’t buy a whole sandwich for a person who would turn their nose up at it.  

And I don’t like flowers, reminds me too much of a funeral.

2 minutes ago, HappyDancex2 said:

Water is cold!   So many white people!   So crowded!

I LOVE IT!

One thing I love about Asuelu is his utter lack of sophistication. He's awed, he just says what's on his mind. And he's cheerful and looks on the bright side. I love him. 

• Love 24
Just now, CoachWristletJen said:

There's nothing creepier than the family of a GROWN woman being all vested in her virginity. So squicky. 

• Love 16