Type keyword(s) to search

The Duggars and Their World: Fashion, Food, Finance, Schoolin’ and Child Rearin'

• Start Topic

8 hours ago, Sew Sumi said:

Of course. They were told from birth that their primary purpose in life is to whelp an army of Blessings for Jesus. That being their reason for existence, of COURSE they are a going to flaunt that bump. Hell, even frumpy Anna does it. And I bet she will be even worse than Jessa when she inevitably gets knocked up with Blessing #5. In her mind, it's visible proof that their marriage is perfect.

Whelp. I plan to use that word as often as possible from now on. 

• Love 2
(edited)
On July 19, 2016 at 4:41 PM, GeeGolly said:

I can imagine the discomfort in showing more skin after a childhood of being covered up. Even the Bates girl took baby steps, and who knows how long it took for her to be truly comfortable with the small changes.

I find myself on the other end now. Not that I dress immodestly at all, but as I age I find myself feeling 'less clothed' in a tank top, when a year or two ago I didn't think twice about it. And I really can't pinpoint why I now feel this way. Maybe I have an ole fuddy duddy in me now rearing its head.

I find that I cover up more since menopausal changes have pretty much ravaged my body.  No one wants to see my French bread legs, my bat wings , my cellulite on my upper arms and legs....until the ravages are repaired, I'm not willing to frighten the children!

Edited by Arwen Evenstar
  • Love 6

To be fair, he did roll up the sleeves of that shirt. It's been brutally hot across most of the country this past week, until about Thursday when the storms rolled in east of the Rockies. 

But it looks like the Duggars have finally embraced shorts. I guess something moving the Duggars glacially forward has come from the sons-in-law after all. 

• Love 3

Do the Duggars watch the Olympics or is this a No-no in the Gothard world?  What great learning moments for the kids & adults.  I liked seeing how the participants were dressed & hearing tidbits about their countries as they walked in during the opening ceremonies last night.  For example,  the population of one of the smallest countries represented could have fit in the stadium. Or the identical triplet sisters that have been nicknamed "the trio to Rio."  But I guess NIKE moments of seeing an athlete in shorts & tank top or a swimsuit that isn't a dress outranks the learning possibilities. And we know how much the Duggars value education......

• Love 6

I'm assuming the Olympics are a no-go. Strong, capable women competing in the same sports as the menfolk? Don't want to give those girls any crazy ideas. Best to keep them up to their elbows in dirty dishes and diapers.

• Love 8
6 hours ago, Barb23 said:

Do the Duggars watch the Olympics or is this a No-no in the Gothard world?  What great learning moments for the kids & adults.  I liked seeing how the participants were dressed & hearing tidbits about their countries as they walked in during the opening ceremonies last night.  For example,  the population of one of the smallest countries represented could have fit in the stadium. Or the identical triplet sisters that have been nicknamed "the trio to Rio."  But I guess NIKE moments of seeing an athlete in shorts & tank top or a swimsuit that isn't a dress outranks the learning possibilities. And we know how much the Duggars value education......

Are you kidding? It's NIKE central! Just look at the Tongan flag-bearer for proof! LOL

There is so much that a homeschooling teacher could take from the Olympics to apply to lessons (geography, culture, sportsmanship, etc) that is completely lost on the Duggars. 

Edited by Sew Sumi
  • Love 10
15 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

Are you kidding? It's NIKE central! Just look at the Tongan flag-bearer for proof! LOL

Lord have mercy. I'd kick Mr. Bitter Apple to the curb for a roll in the hay with that man. He is some serious eye candy. 

• Love 14
1 hour ago, BitterApple said:

Lord have mercy. I'd kick Mr. Bitter Apple to the curb for a roll in the hay with that man. He is some serious eye candy. 

Gotta love Google. I haven't been watching, but it took me less than no time to find :)

Definitely defrauding material, but I'm thinking that with that amount of body oil on him he'd just slither out of my grasp anyway.

• Love 7

I know in Duggarville, that shouldn't be defrauding, because women don't feel lust or somesuch bullshit. 

At any rate, all of those young, lithe wimmens in shorts, leos, and swimsuits all over the place. Definitely not Duggar-approved viewing material. Sure, the field hockey and tennis girls DO wear skirts, but well, they're a little shorter than the Duggar-approved model. NIKE!!!!!

2 hours ago, Jynnan tonnix said:

Gotta love Google. I haven't been watching, but it took me less than no time to find :)

Definitely defrauding material, but I'm thinking that with that amount of body oil on him he'd just slither out of my grasp anyway.

Hubba hubba.  I need to visit Tonga. Or watch the Olympics.  Good LORD!!!!!!!!!

• Love 9

I've seen lots and lots of pictures of the Gothardites, and I bet there were a LOT of girls praying over those older Paine boys (both now taken, one now gone relatively fundie-lite). I can't think of a single other IBLP family that has produced even halfway decent looking males. OMG, the Staddon boys. Frightening!  And you have some unfortunate females as well, like the Mueller girls. Adam Waller married the oldest, and like Davey and Prissy, they look like siblings, and are The Blandest Couple Alive. I don't even think that un-frumping them (even if it's just Duggar levels of un-frumping) would help the Mueller or Waller girls.

• Love 1
5 hours ago, Sew Sumi said:

There is so much that a homeschooling teacher could take from the Olympics to apply to lessons (geography, culture, sportsmanship, etc) that is completely lost on the Duggars. 

OMG.....I was totally defrauded by THAT...it was HOT!

• Love 6

Haha! I was thinking that aside from figure skating's NIKE costumes, the Winter Olympics should be okay with them. Everyone is properly covered up, although I think they'd have a problem with the female downhill skiers' skinsuits, so that would be out. 

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Barb23 said:

Is Broomball an Olympic sport? 

I think Quidditch might be more exciting.  One of my friends goes to tournaments to photograph them.  No doubt Harry Potter is simply not Duggar approved. 

Edited by Arwen Evenstar
  • Love 2
10 hours ago, Arwen Evenstar said:

I think Quidditch might be more exciting.  One of my friends goes to tournaments to photograph them.  No doubt Harry Potter is simply not Duggar approved. 

Quidditch came to my mind also. That's neat about your friend, I've read it's a big thing on college campuses.  I  don't think the Duggars even have the mentality to understand the rules of the game.  I guess Pokemon Go would be out for them too.  At least that would give them something to do all day rather than sit on the sofas staring at one another.

Oh, trust me, while it's a lot of exercise, Quidditch is basically the best sport ever. I've played for a few years with my uni team, and we compete regularly. (All the questions annoying though.) However, it is FULL of things the Duggars wouldn't get, even though the rules are simple. A game with them would be wild. I'd pay to see it  

Edited by allonsyalice
Stayin on topic
  • Love 3
On ‎8‎/‎7‎/‎2016 at 4:26 AM, CofCinci said:

They don't watch because they're racists.  "Mark of Cain."

I am not disagreeing with you, per se.  But when have the Duggars ever done anything construed to be racist?  I have not seen this.

• Love 2

Looks like JinJer's filming is on hold for a while. I'm surprised that JD doesn't fly Jeremy around. I can't imagine how many layovers it takes Jeremy to get to Laredo from NWA? ETA: Oops, posted in wrong thread. I'll repost in JinJer's thread. 

Edited by Sew Sumi

I am not disagreeing with you, per se.  But when have the Duggars ever done anything construed to be racist?  I have not seen this.

Starting a breeding program to make sure white people stay on top springs to mind.

That facial expression just makes me want to smack her.

Just get de-Boobing facial surgery Jill. Stop with the eyebrows.

• Love 2

What is ridiculously tragic is so few of the adult kids from these huge, fundie families have any technical or professional training to contribute to America's job market. Their severe lack of education deems them fit only for yard work or family owned tiny businesses.  With the graying of America, and all us baby boomers retiring, we need skilled workers.  What a waste!  Everyone depends on daddy!

• Love 3
2 hours ago, Fosca said:

That facial expression just makes me want to smack her.

It is so childish and something an 11 year old would do or possibly younger not an allegedly grown woman.

• Love 7

Jilly's airport photo reminds me of the hospital selfie with her beloved husband lying, apparently unconscious, in bed behind her. "Look at ME ME ME with some kind of drama going on in the background! Don't I look cute posing beside drama?"

• Love 3

Homeschoolers Anonymous has a series about a Gothard IBLP document on why God allows child molestation. Short version, in essence: Victims can use the event as an impetus to shape up, in numerous ways. My conclusion: The damned Bateses should never ever ever ever ever be televised for potential lionization or rationalization by audiences either.

This is in regard to the molestation of a four-year-old boy. Note the use of quotation marks around a word in this passage:  In our fallen world with all its evil men and women, there will be attacks by a stronger upon a weaker. When this happens, the law of God is very clear that the weaker must cry out for help or he will be equally guilty. This principle is found in Deuteronomy 21:23, 24. When a ‘victim’ does not cry out or immediately tell his authority he will carry around a sense of guilt which Satan will then use for condemnation and further defeat. It would therefore be important for your son to confess his failure to do this and ask God to forgive him.

https://homeschoolersanonymous.org/2016/08/09/gothard-explains-why-god-allows-child-molestation-part-i/

https://homeschoolersanonymous.org/2016/08/10/worksheet-claims-that-god-allows-sexual-abuse-part-ii/

https://homeschoolersanonymous.org/2016/08/11/worksheet-claims-that-god-allows-sexual-abuse-part-iii/

https://homeschoolersanonymous.org/2016/08/12/worksheet-claims-that-god-allows-sexual-abuse-part-iv/

• Love 5
7 minutes ago, Churchhoney said:

Homeschoolers Anonymous has a series about a Gothard IBLP document on why God allows child molestation. Short version, in essence: Victims can use the event as an impetus to shape up, in numerous ways. My conclusion: The damned Bateses should never ever ever ever ever be televised for potential lionization or rationalization by audiences either.

This is in regard to the molestation of a four-year-old boy. Note the use of quotation marks around a word in this passage:  In our fallen world with all its evil men and women, there will be attacks by a stronger upon a weaker. When this happens, the law of God is very clear that the weaker must cry out for help or he will be equally guilty. This principle is found in Deuteronomy 21:23, 24. When a ‘victim’ does not cry out or immediately tell his authority he will carry around a sense of guilt which Satan will then use for condemnation and further defeat. It would therefore be important for your son to confess his failure to do this and ask God to forgive him.

https://homeschoolersanonymous.org/2016/08/09/gothard-explains-why-god-allows-child-molestation-part-i/

https://homeschoolersanonymous.org/2016/08/10/worksheet-claims-that-god-allows-sexual-abuse-part-ii/

https://homeschoolersanonymous.org/2016/08/11/worksheet-claims-that-god-allows-sexual-abuse-part-iii/

https://homeschoolersanonymous.org/2016/08/12/worksheet-claims-that-god-allows-sexual-abuse-part-iv/

Wait, WHAT??

Romans 12:2 explains the importance of every believer presenting his body as a living sacrifice to God. Once this is done, our body no longer belongs to us, it belongs to God. This concept is important in order to avoid bitterness. Your son is able to then say, ‘That neighbor did not molest my body, he molested God’s body and God’s judgement is upon him for doing that’.

No seriously WHAT????

• Love 9
2 minutes ago, Aja said:

Wait, WHAT??

No seriously WHAT????

So if anybody's still wondering why the poor Duggar kids are so fucked up (along with thousands more kids that we don't know about).... why they don't just move on and get over it ...

I give you Exhibit A.

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 12
Just now, Churchhoney said:

So if anybody's still wondering why the poor Duggar kids are so fucked up.... why they don't just move on and get over it ...

I give you Exhibit A.

God forgive them. I certainly don't.

• Love 7
4 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

I couldn't get past the first page. That is some fucked up shit.  

Who, who, who wrote this?!? Why did they write this? Who has seen it and let it continue to be taught?

While the topic is more extreme, as far as I can tell the tone and general direction of the "reasoning" in this monstrosity is all of a piece with the rest of the Gothard's "teachings." I doubt that any adult involved with that group for any length of time can have missed hearing stuff quite similar in general meaning to this. Heck, in spirit it echoes many of the seemingly more benign crap they've also promoted -- like "Your little sister constantly torments you and is a massive mini bitch? You're the one who has to suffer to fix it. Give her your most precious possession."

And what I wonder is, who hears clearly warped stuff like this and then stays as a devotee of this horrible cult? Who's so willing to accept such an extremely twisted and cynical view of power relations? And who the hell exposes their children to indoctrination with this kind of "thinking"?

• Love 5

My thoughts with extreme beliefs, including cults, has always been that folks usually have a negative event in life and are searching for hope & comfort. They find something that appeals to them in some way and begin a journey. However I always believed that the extremes were subtle and slow and the believer never was truly aware of them. Obviously many people do become aware and they finds ways to disconnect and leave.

I never thought that pamphlets of the crazy were actually printed out and given as worksheets to learn. Any adult who takes one look at that shit should be grabbing their kids and running.

I also wonder, in the case of Gothard and his patriarchal system, if females were more often the perpetrators what those worksheets would look like.

• Love 3