Type keyword(s) to search

S13.E10: Judge Cuts 4

• Start Topic

2 minutes ago, lb60 said:

Yay! Another Golden Buzzer who sings. /sarcasm

Technically raps, but you get my point.

I went to make an English muffin during that one.

For a second I thought the father/daughter was going to get it. Can't believe they sent them home and put those body sounds idiots through.

• Love 12

Most of the picks tonight made sense, but I did not understand how the "body sounds/feels so good" guys made it through....I just don't "get them".  I would have picked the Quick Change couple or the Father/Daughter balancing act.

• Love 10

The only one I didn't get was the sumo wrestler body sounds guys; I would have put the creepy guy (I don't remember his name) through before I put them through. Otherwise I agreed with everything else. And I actually thought the rapper girl should have gotten a GB originally so I'm glad she got one now---her or Samuel would have been fine by me. 

• Love 4

I think I'm officially off Team Scorpions/Alligators.

I would have put through Yumbo Dump (sorry, they make me laugh), Elijah/Tyler, Troy James, and Sergey/Sasha.

The rest can go pound sand.

• Love 1

I will admit it...the zebra trampoline guy made me laugh out loud. I was pulling for him, and the contortionist. Hopefully, they both get snapped up by a circus, or some  kind of entertainment venue. I would love to see the contortionist in a horror movie, he is practically a special effect already.  The father/daughter act and the scorpion/alligator man did nothing for me. Glad Flage and the comedian made it through.

I am very disappointed that the body noise duo made it through over acts that took actual skill. 

• Love 5
43 minutes ago, ams1001 said:

Shut up, Mel.

I second this. 

Brian King Joseph: Playing and diseases aside, I will repeat this again. I absolutely hate the direction of this show. The cut-aways, the commentary, instead of focusing on the performance, they basically, did a montage of reactions to the guy playing the violin. It is distracting and it takes away from the performance. It's really rude as well to be noisy during a performance. 

Yumbo Dump: Let me hear your body talk. The balloon kind of looked like it would hurt. So did that rubber band. 

The Republic: Dirt poor dance troop with a fallen founding member. We didn't get to see the whole performance from Academy of Villains. Neither seemed that impressive. AoV was dancing with exercise bands which came off as a little awkward. The Republic may have only been marginally better than AoV this time around. 

Sergey and Sasha: The little girl is pretty sharp and has a good sense of humor.  I like these two. They can put danger into an act without going overboard. 

Flau'jae:  Little girl rapper. Father, deceased due to gun violence, was a rapper. Please don't give her the golden buzzer, Chris.. Please don't give her the golden buzzer, Chris.. Please don't give her the golden buzzer, Chris.. 

Damn it, Chris! 

Elijah Holt: I have no recollection of this guy in the auditions, but I liked him. I'm glad his zebra held together. 

Sixto and Lucia: Quick change act. I really like quick change acts. These guys do a good job with it. 

Glennus Grace: Probably already has multiple recordings out there somewhere...

Oh, look at that, 11 albums out there.

https://www.google.com/search?client=opera&hs=2Yw&q=glennis+grace+albums&stick=H4sIAAAAAAAAAOPgE-LSz9U3MCrIKE431BLPTrbSzy0tzkzWTywqySwusUrMSSrNLQYAnBOPWycAAAA&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwi19JqQttzcAhVRZKwKHUXPCFEQ44YBKAMwMXoECAoQTA&biw=1560&bih=763

Mel B's screaming is awful. Does she think she's Mary Murphy?

Troy James: This guy was amazing in the preview - before they even got to the real audition. He had some serious exorcist moves going on. He was awesome.  The jump from the floor to the couch was amazing.

Lord Nil: I don't like escape acts. I didn't like the first audition. I fast forwarded to the beginning after the commercial break to watch the guy almost not make it out of the alligator pit.

Samuel Comroe: Stand up comic with Tourette Syndrome. I didn't find him funny. 

Acts that went through:

Flau'Jae - Golden Buzzer. 

The Republic

Brian King Joseph

Lord Nil 

Glennus Grace

Yumbo Dump

Samuel Comroe

... WTF. 

• Love 7
1 hour ago, rollacoaster said:

I will admit it...the zebra trampoline guy made me laugh out loud. I was pulling for him, and the contortionist. Hopefully, they both get snapped up by a circus, or some  kind of entertainment venue. I would love to see the contortionist in a horror movie, he is practically a special effect already.  The father/daughter act and the scorpion/alligator man did nothing for me. Glad Flage and the comedian made it through.

I am very disappointed that the body noise duo made it through over acts that took actual skill. 

Yes! Like throw some zombie make-up on him and he is literally what nightmares are made of. 

• Love 8

This season AGT is much better than ever.  HOWEVER, the acts should NOT be interrupted by Tyra Banks!!   Often there's an exciting part of an act and the camera interrupts and Tyra i seen close-up with a large head and she makes some funny face or silly comment.  NBC cameramen stop this please.

• Love 5

Honestly, I've been hanging on by a thread (and wearing out my DVR FF button) this season....but tonight might be the night that actually breaks me. 4 of the 7 acts that made it through I either physically couldn't watch or had no interest of watching to begin with (I'm looking at you, GB Rapper and Houdini wannabe).

The remaining three I did voluntarily watch included a perfectly middle of the road to fine singer who will almost assuredly go out in the next round, a serviceable comedian who is maybe the 9th funniest comedian to ever appear on AGT, and a freaking violinist.

If the father/daughter head balance duo isn't brought back as a WC, that will be one of the biggest travesties I can think of. They got a full on, 5 person standing ovation from the judges panel (I really thought Hardwick was going to GB them) and then they get beat out in the end by Yumbo Dumbo? And yet another pedestrian looking dance act? Okay, okay, I watched like 15 seconds of their act. Was not impressed.

Did anyone work out which act officially "replaced" Bello Nock's daughter? I wasn't sure...

• Love 3
12 minutes ago, PhD-Purgatory15 said:

Did anyone work out which act officially "replaced" Bello Nock's daughter? I wasn't sure...

Zebra trampoline guy, maybe?

I don't have anything else to say about tonight's show; I've already half-forgotten most of the acts, and the broadcast hasn't even officially ended where I live (they're showing the results now).

Oh -- Yumbo Drop, ugh. I think the repeated "Feeeels sooo good!" is even more annoying than their stupid body noises. And what a waste of a spot -- like they'll really win.

Why did they show the water-spitters in the preview for next week'? Please don't tell me they're bringing them back as a wild card...

Edited by kickedinthehead
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, kickedinthehead said:

Zebra trampoline guy, maybe?

I don't have anything else to say about tonight's show; I've already half-forgotten most of the acts, and the broadcast hasn't even officially ended where I live (they're showing the results now).

Oh -- Yumbo Drop, ugh. I think the repeated "Feeeels sooo good!" is even more annoying than their stupid body noises. And what a waste of a spot -- like they'll really win.

Why did they show the water-spitters in the preview for next week'? Please don't tell me they're bringing them back as a wild card...

This is the list :

Amanda Mena, Singer (GB)

Courtney Hadwin, Singer/Dancer (GB)

Junior New System, Dance Group 

Michael Ketterer, Singer (GB)

The PAC Dance Team, Dance Group 

We Three, Band 

Human Fountains, Novelty Act

Angel City Chorale, Choir (GB)

Lord Nil, Escape Artist

Mochi, Multimedia Juggler

Vicki Barbolak, Comedienne

Shin Lim, Magician

There was 4 rounds of 7 which makes 28 acts + 5 golden buzzers. So there will be 3 wildcards (1 each week) to make it 36. Tough week for week 1 as there are four golden buzzers in it. 7 of 12 each week will go through. 5 from America's votes 1 from Dunkin save then the final choice between the judges of the non winning save acts.

You can tell some of these are put in there as fodder to lose.

Courtney gained another 2 million views this week to go up to 45 million total. Notice she was also shown multiple times in the promo and was the last one on the screen, plus Howie Mandel was on the talk bragging about her..will be interesting to see if anyone can take her down.

BTW Montage acts again 0 FOR 7 this week.

Edited by anthonyd46
  • Love 5

Flau'jae:  Little girl rapper. Father, deceased due to gun violence, was a rapper. Please don't give her the golden buzzer, Chris.. Please don't give her the golden buzzer, Chris.. Please don't give her the golden buzzer, Chris.. 

Damn it, Chris! 

All of this is why the Golden Buzzer is bad, and letting America vote is good--those could be independent of each other.  I don't dislike Flau'jae--if rapping helps her get through her loss, good luck with that. 

Zebra trampoline guy would be a rational replacement for Annalise Nock, because they're both stunt acts--and I like to think I would have remembered that. 

Quick change acts rarely win, which is a shame because they were extremely good and fit the format of this show well (60-90 seconds, then move on.) 

The Yumbo Drop pre-clip showed that sometimes Mel B and I were in complete agreement, when she didn't enjoy it.  I fast-forwarded after that, because I didn't want to lose that moment.

• Love 3

I’m fairly certain the electric violin guy is there to make up for the show cutting Lindsey Stirling far too early when she was a contestant. And not just cutting her, but outright insulting her talent. 

• Love 4
8 hours ago, anthonyd46 said:

This is the list :

Amanda Mena, Singer (GB)

We Three, Band 

Lord Nil, Escape Artist

Shin Lim, Magician

There was 4 rounds of 7 which makes 28 acts + 5 golden buzzers. So there will be 3 wildcards (1 each week) to make it 36. Tough week for week 1 as there are four golden buzzers in it. 7 of 12 each week will go through. 5 from America's votes 1 from Dunkin save then the final choice between the judges of the non winning save acts.

You can tell some of these are put in there as fodder to lose.

Courtney gained another 2 million views this week to go up to 45 million total. Notice she was also shown multiple times in the promo and was the last one on the screen, plus Howie Mandel was on the talk bragging about her..will be interesting to see if anyone can take her down.

BTW Montage acts again 0 FOR 7 this week.

Wow, what a terrible first week.  Why did they push almost all of the good acts in the same group?   I'm hoping that Shin Lim and Mochi make it past the group, and that we don't have 7 singing acts advancing.

• Love 3

Why are the body noise guys going through?  Ugh.  We lost the creepy contortionist, the violin player, and the quick-change folks for those two idiots.  Even zebra guy would have been a better choice - he was oddly entertaining and endearing.  :(  Also have zero interest in escape acts.  I know that something can go wrong, but here's the thing:  (a) if it does, I don't want to see it, and (b) if it doesn't, they're boring because they're all the same - you know they'll get out in the last second, so they're really not that suspenseful.  The most interesting part of that act was watching the alligators.  He was boring.   But at least Samuel made it through.  We personally find him to be very funny and endearing.  It somewhat makes up for Oliver not making it last week, although I'm still annoyed by that.  I often cannot fathom what the judges are thinking.  smh

• Love 3
8 hours ago, anthonyd46 said:

This is the list :

Amanda Mena, Singer (GB)

We Three, Band 

Lord Nil, Escape Artist

Shin Lim, Magician

So the Human Fountains were a wild card pick then?  Also, why are so we so very heavy on singers and dancers?  7 out of 12 fall into that category.  Are we really that top heavy?  Are we going to see that many each week?  Or did they load them up for some reason?  Out of this group, the only ones I'm really looking forward to seeing again are the Angel City Chorale and Shin Lim.  Of the first five, the only one I remember is Courtney Hadwin, and that's only because people have been talking about her a lot.  I'll probably remember the other four when I see them again, but right now I can't conjure up any recollection of them.  Not good.  :\

• Love 2

I'm bummed that Troy the contortionist was passed up and Yumbo Drop went through. I hope he's at least called back for one of the two wildcard spots that are now opened because I wanted to see what more he would do. He takes contortion and makes art. Plus he seems like a sweetheart, and a funny guy.

Speaking of wild cards...why was Human Fountain brought back. Didn't they get criticized by one of the judges during their Judge Cuts episode? Didn't they get buzzed? Maybe I should watch their piece again. I know they created a story, but the egg and the orange juice grossed me out. I doubt they'll make it past the Live Shows. 

I may be in the minority, but I do believe that Flau'jae has potential. Yes there were times when she was off during her performance, and times when she was doing well...it was a tad on the inconsistent side. But I do believe that she has the potential to be a great rapper and songwriter. I'm not sure how far she'll go on AGT though.

I'm glad that James went through (the violin guy). I love listening to string/wind instruments, and the violin in my favourite string instrument to listen to. I enjoy watching him get into his playing.

Okay for the live shows for next week. I'm quite surprised that they have that many golden buzzers in one night. I forgot most of them (the first four golden buzzers) with the exception of Courtney...and like another poster said, that's just because she's talked about A LOT. And quite a few of my Facebook friends had shared her clip once or twice. She'll probably go far because of that...maybe even win. I don't see Michael and Amanda (the other two GB's) going far unless they play up their stories. Amanda may go further than Michael, because she has that "cute teenage girl" thing going for her like many other young female singers. She has a great voice...I just don't find her memorable. 

The PAC dance group might not make it past the Lives. There way quite a negative response, both here and on Facebook regarding their going through the Judge Cuts. I could be wrong. 

Maybe I should save my predictions for next week...

Edited by giaNtsandYankees
  • Love 2

I often cannot fathom what the judges are thinking.

I wonder "if" as well as "what".  Every time I try to spot a pattern ("singers", "have a variety", etc.) something throws that off.  The least insulting to them explanation is that some acts look better live than on television.  Cirque Du Soliel  has that; some of their acts have a richness that gets lost on television. 

I can't give them a partial pass for having to rate the acts in a few minutes, because they knew what acts were coming, and probably had an informal ranking.  It's possible they had a producer-defined list, where acts have to do unusually well or poorly to move up or down.  Also, as someone else noted,

2 hours ago, giaNtsandYankees said:

But I do believe that she has the potential to be a great rapper and songwriter.

This is my entire problem most underage acts--they don't get a chance to develop as a person.  In Flau'jae's case, and some of the others, this is their best shot at college, making enough money for a decent life, etc.--so I can hope for the entertainers but still resent the show.

• Love 3
52 minutes ago, marketdoctor said:

It's possible they had a producer-defined list, where acts have to do unusually well or poorly to move up or down. 

That's how I think the high school dance troupe got through. They were buzzed, had luke warm comments from those that didn't buzz and were up against another dance troupe that appeared to do better. Not to mention the handful of other acts that were better. But the producers already picked them as a favorite, probably because of youtube popularity before even being on the show.

I seem to be getting through this show in record time now. A 2 hour AGT episode can be consumed in under 30 minutes. 

• Love 4
19 hours ago, ams1001 said:

For a second I thought the father/daughter was going to get it. Can't believe they sent them home and put those body sounds idiots through.

This episode kept the streak going of truly appalling and ridiculous judges' decisions. I can't even conceive of the amount of hours the father-daughter team put into practicing that act, and the degree of strength and skill. Especially amazing for the girl, given her youth. And they get passed over for two fat guys rubbing their stomach's together? How in the world did that happen?

No matter how much Simon and the other judges gush about her, Glennus Grace is basically an average lounge or cruise ship singer. Decent voice, pleasant to look at but so not"already a star," Though the show is trying hard to make that happen, which tells me she'll be in the final.

Once again, we listen to Simon blather on about it being the variety acts that make AGT special, but we're heading to a live show filled with completely forgettable mediocre singers. 

I feel like this show's become "America's Got PC," with most of the decisions made on factors other than talent.  So we get young African American girl whose father was murdered, and comedian with disability. Not to be offensive, but I would point out that his Tourette's was barely on display this week, compared to his first audition. So I feel there's some cynical manipulation going on. 

The electric violinist (another disability/hardship human interest story) was also nothing special. Very much on the level of a typical street performer, with nothing musically inventive or original.

I never need to see that "escape artist" dangling over some other exploited animal again. For me the "danger" is all hyped up and phony. 

Would much rather watch the quick change artists than anyone who went through. I've never seen a quick change act where the man does that many changes, in addition to the woman. I feel like they did "step it up." (As opposed to the body sounds guys, who did the exact same act as in their original audition). 

I felt bad for the contortionist. He seemed pretty devastated. 

• Love 5
17 hours ago, kickedinthehead said:

I was mildly amused by some of the noises (though without the cards telling you what they were supposed to be I would not have been) but the "feels so good" after every one had me yelling "STOP IT!" at my TV.

6 hours ago, LadyMustang65 said:

I often cannot fathom what the judges are thinking. 

Something tells me the judges' thoughts aren't actually all that relevant (except for Simon).

• Love 5
8 hours ago, LadyMustang65 said:

Why are the body noise guys going through?  Ugh.  We lost the creepy contortionist, the violin player, and the quick-change folks for those two idiots.  Even zebra guy would have been a better choice - he was oddly entertaining and endearing.  :(  Also have zero interest in escape acts.  I know that something can go wrong, but here's the thing:  (a) if it does, I don't want to see it, and (b) if it doesn't, they're boring because they're all the same - you know they'll get out in the last second, so they're really not that suspenseful.  The most interesting part of that act was watching the alligators.  He was boring.   But at least Samuel made it through.  We personally find him to be very funny and endearing.  It somewhat makes up for Oliver not making it last week, although I'm still annoyed by that.  I often cannot fathom what the judges are thinking.  smh

The violin player made it through. 

I feel like this is going to be hard for the non golden buzzer acts. However I feel a few of these are fodder so that should help an act like shin Lim that isn't a golden buzzer but is definetly talented enough to make it. 

I feel like fountains, the family singers, and pac are all DOA. 

• Love 2

Aw, I like Yumbo Dump. They're stupid but they make me smile, and I think they have really good showmanship. They won't make it past the quarterfinals, though.

I'm tired of technically better dance groups getting the shaft in favor of groups with ~*personality*~ It is possible to have both. I thought Academy of Villains had both from the little they let us see. I find it much more impressive when a crew can synchronize (and clearly looks like they've had a professional lesson or two) than a crew that just flails around with a few back handsprings and aerial cartwheels thrown in. It's unskilled and boring, especially because it's now so ubiquitous.

They cut Sergey and Sasha, are you kidding me?!?! They are insanely talented and Sasha has charisma off the charts--that girl is a star, she's going places even if this show can't get its head out of its ass long enough to see that.

Definitely don't think we saw Elijah Holt in the auditions but thought he was fun.

Someone put Troy James in a mo-cap suit and get him to Hollywood pronto. There are horror directors who would pay him a lot of money for a few days' work on a green screen.

Has #TeamScorpions now changed alignment and become #TeamAlligators? 

Alright, lives next week, time to trim the fat.

• Love 4

I will admit it...the zebra trampoline guy made me laugh out loud. I was pulling for him, and the contortionist. Hopefully, they both get snapped up by a circus, or some  kind of entertainment venue.

Elijah Holt is ex-Cirque du Soleil. 

I don't really know why established circus artists do this show. It doesn't seem like there's much benefit for someone who's already done full-time touring circus, especially since circus acts have never won (wait... unless the self-taught teen contortionist/aerialist won... but I think she was a runner up). 

I am offended on behalf of circus and behalf of father/daughters that Yumbo Dump went through instead of Sergey and Sasha. I did laugh at Yumbo Dump, but come on! Sergey and Sasha were incredible, with a genuinely difficult act.

• Love 4

Wait, they brought back the people who spit? Why?! I'll take the Japanese guys any day over them.

And, there were two diabolo acts, one which we never got to see during auditions I think. The group was much better than the guy with all the flashy distractions behind him.

• Love 1

I felt sorry for the alligators.  After all that, "stepping up" their act and adding alligators and fire, the show cuts them in favor of the two sumo body noises act?

Sergey and Sasha definitely should have gone through.

So nice of Glennis Grace's son to let her out of the house so she could audition on AGT again.  She's apparently already got 11 albums out and is famous in the Netherlands?

If not for the sob stories, there wouldn't be much to the talent that is extraordinary.  I think AGT relies too much on sob stories, and then they have to repeat it live on stage after the intro package.  It's like beating us over our heads with it.

I wish they would stop the Tyra backstage mugging during the acts.

• Love 3
6 hours ago, CelticBlackCat said:

If not for the sob stories, there wouldn't be much to the talent that is extraordinary.  I think AGT relies too much on sob stories, and then they have to repeat it live on stage after the intro package.  It's like beating us over our heads with it.

As I said in a previous post, the sob stories seem to be supersized or too much this year. A part of me wonders if it is producer driven.

For example, the guy (who's name escapes me) that sang country songs and stated that he wanted to be like Taylor Swift. Simon kept interrupting and prodding asking him what his story was.

The jump rope girl - after her performance she said that she was bullied...and it felt to me like that came out of left field. I really hope that she left her dance (or whatever) team and coach before coming on to AGT and coming out with that story.

And with this week's show, Simon asked Flau'jae to remind the audience of her story. 

And next week I believe that the two golden buzzer singers (Michael and Amanda) may play up their stories. May Courtney may play up to how shy she is and how much trouble she has connecting with people. Unless I heard incorrectly, I believe that that was her initial story. We'll see come next Tuesday. 

• Love 2
11 hours ago, CelticBlackCat said:

I felt sorry for the alligators.  After all that, "stepping up" their act and adding alligators and fire, the show cuts them in favor of the two sumo body noises act?

So nice of Glennis Grace's son to let her out of the house so she could audition on AGT again.  She's apparently already got 11 albums out and is famous in the Netherlands?

The alligator act made it through. See this is the problem with this season. Twice in this thread someone was confused thinking an act was eliminated when it wasn't. Thats just bad editing and bad producing. 

Just for reference :

Brian King Joseph, Electric Violinist

Yumbo Dump, Comedy Duo (Japanese guys)

Da RepubliK, Dance Group

Flau'jae, Rapper (Chris Hardwick's Golden Buzzer)

Glennis Grace, Singer

Lord Nil, Escape Artist (Alligators)

Samuel J. Comroe, Stand-up Comedian

Edited by anthonyd46

The electric violinist is overrated.  I know its hard, considering his disability.  However, you can clearly tell that his playing is quite sloppy in the fast section.  A lot of his notes in the fast section were off-pitch.

• Love 4

Glennis Grace sang off-key toward the end of her rendition of "Nothing Compares 2 U."  At least that's how it sounded to me, and I've heard this song many times.

5 hours ago, anthonyd46 said:

The alligator act made it through. See this is the problem with this season. Twice in this thread someone was confused thinking an act was eliminated when it wasn't. Thats just bad editing and bad producing. 

Just for reference :

Brian King Joseph, Electric Violinist

Yumbo Dump, Comedy Duo (Japanese guys)

Da RepubliK, Dance Group

Flau'jae, Rapper (Chris Hardwick's Golden Buzzer)

Glennis Grace, Singer

Lord Nil, Escape Artist (Alligators)

Samuel J. Comroe, Stand-up Comedian

Thanks for the correction.  I could've sworn they were sent home.  I hope no more animals are exploited for this act.

5 hours ago, seltzer3 said:

The electric violinist is overrated.  I know its hard, considering his disability.  However, you can clearly tell that his playing is quite sloppy in the fast section.  A lot of his notes in the fast section were off-pitch.

I agree, he's mediocre.  But, like most (all?) of these contestants he's only being put through because of his disability and sad story.  They really should change the name of this show.  I would suggest "America's Got Sob Stories", but that wouldn't include the Japanese sumo boys stomach act.  Whatever anyone wants to title the show, it clearly has nothing to do with Talent.  Yeah, let's bring back the water spitting frat guys for our Wild Card act, but let's cut Sergey and Sasha in the quarterfinals. 

Lindsey Stirling's already been mention as a talented violinst the show discarded.  I'll add "Nuttin But Stringz" from Season 3, and holy cow, NO sob story!  This show used to so much more watchable.  I'm out.

• Love 1

What were the judges thinking with some of these acts? AGT is again going to PC route in picking who goes through.

7. Flau'jae - ok, leave out the sob story, would she have made it through? I don't think so. I'm not a rap fan at all, so this was easy for me to pick this performance as the worst of the night. The judges should not consider the sob story and deal with the performance. It was horrible! Golden Buzzer for what? This is where I think the show went PC on us.

6. Yumbo Dump - This act was 1000 more enjoyable then the rapper!! They did make me laugh but, they should not have gone through! Another bad decision by the judges.

5. Da Republik - I feel like a broken record. It ems like every week a dance group goes through and I respond with, "but they're a dance group"! They didn't do anything that we all haven't seen before. What turns me off is when they say they have worked so hard and really want this. Sooo, the other acts don't work hard and they really don't want to win? Should go out early.

4. Samuel J. Comroe - I'm not a comedian fan, but he did have some good ones in there. I didn't realize of his disabilities. There are probably ore funny ones out there.

3. Brian King Joseph - I guess everyone thought of Lindsey Stirling who was a better violinist and performer. He did ok, but I found myself getting up to get a second slice of pizza.

2. Lord Nil - I like escape artists! Even though the outcome might be predictable especially in a taped show, it's still very exciting to me. Now the live shows will really be some nail biting moments. Will he win? Probably not.

1. Glennis Grace - Very Attractive and can really sing! With 11 albums to her credit I read. She probably won't win because viewers will be turned off by her experience.

Last season I actually thought Tyra Banks had arrived. She wasn't so annoying and I thought she had settled down a bit Well, she's back to being annoying and hoping there is a change nest season. Same goes for MelB. What has she done to her face? She looked like her face was swollen! Maybe some Botox? Anyway, MelB has got to go!!

• Love 1

I'm watching, well really fast forwarding, through Road to the Lives so I can refresh my memory on the finalists and they brought back Daniel Emmet as a wildcard. He was the one Simon stopped and gave the Italian song to that he learned in an hour. I thought it was a little suspicious that the RJ's Kats Bureau didn't comment on his elimination when the guy was practically tripping over himself with praise before. I'm sure they won't mention he's already appearing on the Strip.

I've read posts by past contestants that PAs set them up backstage with a storyline and give them scripted conversations with other performers to support their story. You know, the sob stories that will make America fall in love with them. Performers who want to do their act their own way, wear what THEY want to wear, and say what they want to say don't make it onto the show. The average  viewer isn't going to know that singer has 11 albums already, they only know she "gave it all up" for her child. They also aren't going to know about some guy who is already performing on The Strip. Or that most of these people have been solicited to be on AGT based on what they've won in some other country.

It doesn't matter to me who wins. It's all about this show making $$ and getting ratings. I just watch to see some interesting acts ... and ignore how stupid the judges seem to be most of the time. Because the show really is all about them, right?

I don't feel an alligator sitting in a tank is being exploited. So he's in a tank on stage, nothing is being done to him. At least its view is different than the view in Alligator Park so there's that. He's just waiting for someone to toss him a chicken to eat. Now THAT'S chicken exploitation IMO.

Anyone know what happened to Bello Kock's daughter?

• Love 2

Michael Ketterer, Singer (GB) is out of week 1 and Flau'jae (GB) is in Week 1 for whatever reason.

So Golden Buzzer Status:

Week 1:

Courtney Hadwin (Howie)

Flau'jae (Chris Hardwick)

Amanda Mena (Mel B)

Angel City Chorale (Olivia Munn)

Week 2 :

Quin & Misha (Martina McBride)

Makayla Phillips (Heidi)

Week 3:

Zurcaroh (Tyra)

TBA :

Michael Ketterer (Simon)

Voices Of Hope Children's Choir (Ken Jeong)

On ‎8‎/‎8‎/‎2018 at 9:49 PM, CelticBlackCat said:

He walked up and down freakin' ladders with the girl balanced on his head. Wow! Probably the best act of the year and they can't even get to the Lives. Simon laughed at Mel B when criticized them for being "too amazing," but I guess he didn't like them either. The problem was they seemed like a nice, normal, healthy father and daughter. She needed to say that she was bullied, or overcame a disease, Since the mother hasn't been mentioned, they could have said she died of cancer. (True or not). That's what it takes on this show.

That "I almost wasn't here because my son misses his mommy" bit was just the show continuing to lie to us to make us think that a seasoned professional performer is some stay-at-home mom amateur.

I hate the judges howling with laughter at the "feel so good" from the Japanese guys. It's laughing at an Asian stereotype. Of course the Japanese guys know that and are playing the audience and judges. In reality, that's why they got through, not for their stupid noises, which mostly don't sound like what they're supposed to be.

My issues with the escape artist is that he puts himself into the restraints, so of course he knows exactly how long it's going to take him to "escape." That's why I previously said that all the "danger" is fake.

Edited by bluepiano
  • Love 4
On ‎8‎/‎11‎/‎2018 at 11:37 AM, bluepiano said:

He walked up and down freakin' ladders with the girl balanced on his head. Wow! Probably the best act of the year and they can't even get to the Lives. Simon laughed at Mel B when criticized them for being "too amazing," but I guess he didn't like them either. The problem was they seemed like a nice, normal, healthy father and daughter. She needed to say that she was bullied, or overcame a disease, Since the mother hasn't been mentioned, they could have said she died of cancer. (True or not). That's what it takes on this show.

First let me say there is no way I could do what Sergey and Sasha did. I thought their performance was great. However,.....there was something missing. Maybe it was a sob story, maybe it was what they did. I don't remember what their other acts were. Were they similar to this one? Maybe the judges were thinking ahead and decided that they just didn't have room to grow. I know that's what I thought. I told my wife that even though I could never perform stunts or acts like this, I wasn't that "wowed". They were great, but again I just wasn't that impressed. I don't understand MelB though. Maybe she wanted them to "pretend" to make a mistake? A fall perhaps? They were like a nice dinner. Nothing to brag about but a good meal.

I caught this on the rerun and pretty much agree with what everyone here has already posted about who stayed, who went. My observation is about the guy suspended over the alligators, ropes holding him in the air set on fire. The camera above the guy clearly showed the (fakely) burning ropes "giving away" ... they were not burned through, the bolt that attached the ropes to the round piece the guy was dangling from were released. First one, then a bit later, a second one, leaving just one fully intact "rope" holding the guy in the air. My guess is that bolt is not built to release so the guy will never be accidentally (or on purpose!) dropped to the ground.

A guy came out after the "escape" and used a fire extinguisher to put out the flames on the still-burning "ropes." If they were really burning, they would have just been ashes on the ground, not cables still completely intact, ready to be hooked back up to that circular piece.

Yeah, a death-defying act this was not.

• Love 1