Type keyword(s) to search

S10.E18: There's No Place Like Home

• Start Topic

On 8/10/2018 at 12:39 PM, Ms Blue Jay said:

I don't even like Tinsley and I would never downplay her education.  To me it's a big deal.  Graduating from university was so hard for me.  That is still the greatest day of my life.  I felt like I was being released from prison.  You never saw me so happy.  I still want people to congratulate me on that and it was 13 years ago LOL

Brava, Ms Blue Jay! ("Go forth, graduate,  into a bright and glorious future! As you make your mark in the online world  -- deconstructing housewives, their education, wardrobe and forever shifting seasonal alliances -- remember the hard won gifts you take with you from this institution; a deep respect for integrity, snark, and animal gifs. ")

Edited by film noire
  • Love 16
18 hours ago, chewycandy said:
19 hours ago, ChitChat said:

Carole, it's okay that Tinsley wasn't scared shitless.  It's okay for you to admit that you were. 

That was so insulting! Poor Tins. “You weren’t scared because you’ve been abused.” How about she’s been to Cartegena ten times and was trying to tell the others that they would be okay? Albeit in a very screechy, nonreassuring voice, but still. 

I was so startled by Carole going there with Tinsley. Who brings up an abusive relationship like let's have a teachable moment for the class! It was a viper bite to an unsuspecting bunny. 

• Love 19
1 hour ago, kicksave said:

FYI...just came over the news...Bethenny's on again/off again boyfriend Dennis just died from a drug overdose. 

He lived in Trump Tower.  Bethenny was going a little nuts before this as we saw in Columbia, but now after this, I can’t imagine.

55 minutes ago, heatherchandler said:

Wow- that’s so sad about Dennis.  Addiction doesn’t care how much money you have.  I wonder if B knew he was using pills.

Why would he be using those pills oxycodone?  Aren’t they for After surgery?  

• Love 1
7 minutes ago, Gem 10 said:

Why would he be using those pills oxycodone?  Aren’t they for After surgery?  

They are sometimes used for after-surgery, but usually for long-term use for chronic pain.  There are legitimate uses for them, maybe he had a chronic pain issue.  But, as sometimes happens, people need them for something and then get addicted and start taking more and more.

• Love 8
4 hours ago, SuprSuprElevated said:

Popular thought is that the show has not been renewed.  Someone mentioned somewhere that it doesn't show up on their schedule for the next season.  No surprise there.

Yes, her successes, if we gauge them monitarily, have generally not been in her media ventures.  RHONY would be the single exception, and that is an ensemble effort.

Didn’t her spinoffs Bethenny ever after and whatever else run three seasons?

• Love 4
5 hours ago, Rosiejuliemom said:

D'aww. I wish my murder dogs were that friendly with other creatures. The fat one is too scared and the old man is very crotchety. He is busy trying to get the squirrel that fucks with him and then runs up the utility pole or getting smacked with a pool noodle because he is barking at a stray cat in the middle of the night. He did turn into a giant pussy, though, when a deer wandered into our side yard.

Both Beth's and Ramona's places look too sterile to me. I don't mind a neutral base, but I need more color in my life. My personal taste tends to prefer Lu's homes and Carole's apartment (both before and after). Sonja's townhouse has some beautiful bones (I love her bathroom) but is extremely outdated. I don't know if she'll ever get the rent she wants.

The greatest unsolved mystery of RHONY is that Fabio was apparently hot for Ramona back in the day. I require more details!

I'm betting that she'll move again within two years. It seems like she is constantly on the hunt for the perfect place and she'll never find it.

The first time we took my youngest daughter to have pictures taken as a toddler, she had a complete meltdown. The only way we could get her to stop crying was for me to hold her against my shoulder. Fortunately, I was wearing a white shirt and didn't clash.

Holy shit! My condolences to his family.

5 hours ago, film noire said:

Brava, Ms Blue Jay! ("Go forth, graduate,  into a bright and glorious future! As you make your mark in the online world  -- deconstructing housewives, their education wardrobe and forever shifting seasonal alliances -- remember the hardwon gifts you take with you from this institution; a deep respect for integrity, snark, and animal gifs. ")

2 hours ago, Ms Blue Jay said:

@walnutqueen and @film noire thank you, I hang my degree on my wall with pride!  ;) :D   It's more for my mother's happiness than mine, anyway.... 

Good for you.  You should be very proud.  In my day, we were told to take stenography, typing and bookkeeping and go to work in the city.  You don’t know how I wished I could have taken art history, music, etc., and all those interesting subjects.  My three kids did tho, and went to great colleges, and at least that made me happy.  

• Love 7
On 8/8/2018 at 10:21 PM, ryebread said:

At Byte Lab, when Lu was describing how awful and sterile and white Ramona's renovation is, she could've been talking about Beth's new place.

Then she goes on to diss Moaner's white, white kitchen.  Beth looked down and away like, "sounds like mine".  But you know Lu is going to sashay into Beth's kitchen and say, "This is gorrrrrrgeous.  The white is so chic."

I know! To me, Bethenny's looked quite similar to Ramoner's, just .... more....same aesthetic though, for sure. Modern, whites, grays...I will say Bethenny's looked higher end while Ramoner loves her some Home Goods, but still, same feel. 

• Love 5
On 8/8/2018 at 10:22 PM, WhoaWhoKnew said:

Wasn't it Bethenny who freaked out and started bawling?

I do remember Heather being annoying and overbearing though.

I remember Heather being really awful to Kristin, who was supposed to be her friend. She dumped her at a race and ran with Kristin's husband, and subtly made fun of her with him. Yuck, gross, bitch move. Then she was an ass to her in Montana and picked on her during that idiotic Geo search and, while Kristin was terrified of heights, belittled her rock climbing or jumping or whatever. She not great with fellow women unless they are high up on the food chain, and I really loved when she would get all "gangsta", to show how bad-ass tough she was, retch. Yeah, Heather, you're so from the hood, you're practically a Blood, dahling! Ugh. Heather. 

• Love 21
13 minutes ago, VedaPierce said:

I know! To me, Bethenny's looked quite similar to Ramoner's, just .... more....same aesthetic though, for sure. Modern, whites, grays...I will say Bethenny's looked higher end while Ramoner loves her some Home Goods, but still, same feel. 

Except that she doesn’t have a white kitchen.  The cabinets are wood and the countertop is a taupe marble with a lot of ‘movement’ (designer word for veining).  

• Love 5
On 8/8/2018 at 10:34 PM, Bronzedog said:

Every time I hear Adam speak I'm surprised he has enough energy to drink coffee or have sex.  That monotone just makes me want to zzzzzzzzz.

I really can't stand that Hipster Doofus. Something about his presence on screen makes me disgusted. I hate his look, his aura, his energy, his whole persona disgusts me. I know this is a lot but for some reason, I just have this visceral reaction to this lazy, parasitic loaf.

• Love 19
3 minutes ago, VedaPierce said:

I really can't stand that Hipster Doofus. Something about his presence on screen makes me disgusted. I hate his look, his aura, his energy, his whole persona disgusts me. I know this is a lot but for some reason, I just have this visceral reaction to this lazy, parasitic loaf.

Understand...

Every time he's on screen, I expect him to say, "Dude, where's my car?"

• Love 18
6 minutes ago, QuinnM said:

Except that she doesn’t have a white kitchen.  The cabinets are wood and the countertop is a taupe marble with a lot of ‘movement’ (designer word for veining).  

Yeah, but the differences are negligible to me. I didn't even notice that she didn't have a white kitchen. They both felt the same to me, not that there's anything wrong with them, I liked them both a lot, but it's very much a certain look that is happening now, and will also be very much dated in 5-10 years. But to have Luann trash what Ramoner did to Bethenny was funny to me, both styles looked the same. If Luanne had said something like, "Ramoner seems to be trying to do what you did Bethenny, but YOU do it right and Ramoner is a cheap imitation wannabe", that I could get behind...

• Love 7
13 minutes ago, VedaPierce said:

I remember Heather being really awful to Kristin, who was supposed to be her friend. She dumped her at a race and ran with Kristin's husband, and subtly made fun of her with him. Yuck, gross, bitch move. Then she was an ass to her in Montana and picked on her during that idiotic Geo search and, while Kristin was terrified of heights, belittled her rock climbing or jumping or whatever. She not great with fellow women unless they are high up on the food chain, and I really loved when she would get all "gangsta", to show how bad-ass tough she was, retch. Yeah, Heather, you're so from the hood, you're practically a Blood, dahling! Ugh. Heather. 

Agree completely!  I just watched the first few seasons, as I was a latecomer to RHNY, so the Heather/Kristin dynamic is fresh for me.  She is only a woman's BFF if they are high enough up that they can help her in some way.  Kristin was a nice woman who was belittled at home by her husband who we later found out was trolling Ashley Madison, not to mention that she has a daughter who, at the time, was having walking/non-walking issues.  Heather used Kristin as her pin cushion, an easy target.  Kristin hung in there, until she just could not.

4 minutes ago, VedaPierce said:

Ugh.  As I said, I just watched the first few seasons, so I got the pleasure of "meeting" Adam for the first time, recently.  I never liked him from minute one.  He thinks he's this cool, hip, vegetarian chef guy, but really, he knew exactly what he was doing when he met a lonely, well-connected widow.  One of my least favorite things that Carole has ever said was, early in their relationship:  "If I knew I was going to look this good at 50, I'd have dated much younger guys earlier".  Ugh, Carole.  I'm actually more Team C than Team B in that mess, but Carole, too, can be insufferable.

• Love 10
1 minute ago, VedaPierce said:

Yeah, but the differences are negligible to me. I didn't even notice that she didn't have a white kitchen. They both felt the same to me, not that there's anything wrong with them, I liked them both a lot, but it's very much a certain look that is happening now, and will also be very much dated in 5-10 years

I did notice that when they got the loft that the squatter was in ready for sale that they swapped out a lot of the cabinet fronts from white to wood.  And I agree I find most of the high end NYC apts way to cold and sterile.  When I saw that all of the walls of B’s new place were grey with the exception of Bryn’s room I wondered if this might be a new and welcome trend.  Jus something to cut the glare of the solid white.

• Love 4
On 8/8/2018 at 10:40 PM, Mozelle said:

Alex has said differently:

15. One-On-One Interviews

Former housewife from The Real Housewives of New York City, Alex McCord used to record videos divulging details about what goes on behind the scenes on the show through videos released by gossip website RumorFix. She walks through the season week by week and gives additional information as to how the episodes would have been set up behind the scenes. According to Alex, the one-on-one interviews that happen in addition to the main footage are filmed once a month throughout filming. There are also a few that will be filmed after the show starts airing so housewives have a chance to kind of redeem themselves of how they might be appearing in the final edited footage.

I think it's safe to say that no one really knows how these shows are put together, and also, I bet there isn't a rule that hasn't been broken. I think depending on the show, depending on the housewife, depending on the situation, they produce as they go, to make a great story, or as much as they can make it great. There are also different production companies that they use, and I bet different editors as well.

• Love 5
On 8/8/2018 at 11:35 PM, RedDelicious said:

I can't believe Sonja was wearing an adult diaper and not those leakage protection undergarments that look like real underwear. Does she really poo in them or just tinkle? I'm so, so horrified right now. The odor that must emanate from her. I can't. 

I bet she's putting it out there that she wants an endorsement deal A LA Lisa Rhinna. Rhinna said they paid her a lot and that's Sonja's language...

• Love 12
On 8/9/2018 at 12:10 AM, hoodooznoodooz said:

Is it normal for a 47-year-old woman to get such a thrill, talking about penises? 

Totally over done, over the top. Calm down Bethenny, not that shocking, amazing or scandalous that the guy said they brush the denim in a certain direction on the crotch. Close that over-red lipstick and thousand-watt grinning mouth. That's "too much"-tm Carole Radz. I got uncomfortable at the level of emotion/excitement over something not that crazy.

• Love 5
On 8/9/2018 at 2:31 AM, biakbiak said:

I absolutely hate the trend of having a huge island with seating and then right behind it having a large dining table, it’s way too many chairs to close to each other for me and it bugs the hell out of me. I realize because it’s now a common trend I might be alone in hating this layout.

I hate it too. It's weird, like a restaurant with side-by-side seating. Pick a lane. 

• Love 6
34 minutes ago, VedaPierce said:

I think it's safe to say that no one really knows how these shows are put together, and also, I bet there isn't a rule that hasn't been broken. I think depending on the show, depending on the housewife, depending on the situation, they produce as they go, to make a great story, or as much as they can make it great. There are also different production companies that they use, and I bet different editors as well.

I used Alex, who was part of the show, as an example. I would think that she'd have more insight about the one-on-one TH segments. But in addition to that, just this week I was hipped to someone named Amy Phillips having a segment on Sirius XM as part of Andy's Sirius XM show. She had two Real Housewives producers on who said the same thing--the interviews are filmed throughout the season (and not at one time as was previously stated).

• Love 9
18 hours ago, Double A said:

I was so startled by Carole going there with Tinsley. Who brings up an abusive relationship like let's have a teachable moment for the class! It was a viper bite to an unsuspecting bunny. 

It was a vicious, vile thing for Carole to say to Tinsley.   A coward's sucker punch, and reminiscent of what disturbed me about I Am Heather T: Heather's seemingly out of nowhere aggression with Kristen, who, to be clear, was handling her child's extra needs essentially alone, who also rappeled down a mountainside, and who did a better job on the Spartan race (Heather got scared off by at least two of the challenges).  (Um, I also think if she wanted to, she could have completed the marathon more quickly than Heather.)

My regard for Carole ain't been much lately but the comment to the Tinz is completely unforgivable IMO, and extremely telling.

• Love 15
On 8/9/2018 at 3:21 AM, film noire said:

WTF Luann? The happy lush is now a mean-spirited dry drunk; she's not the first one to go down that route but I hope she goes to real rehab next time (because there will be a third time) and doesn't skip steps 1 - 12. (And for the record, Light-Fingered Lu, over the last eighteen months -- during the same time period Ramona did the renovation you mocked --  you kicked the shit out of a cop, stole shit from your own children, and left shit in your bed for another woman to clean up.  You have no right to talk crap about how anybody else spent their time, or how shitty their achievements were. I know that in your wannabe M'lady world, ordering everything online is somehow worse than stealing from your kids --  I’m just stealing for me (I broke the Mom code!) --  but as crazy as Moaner is, I know one thing: she would never steal from Avery. Which I don't know about you, anymore. And that makes you shit under Crazy Eye's shoes, dahling (regardless of her reno looking like the home in which Heaven's Gate cult members offed themselves, back in the late nineties,  to catch the UFO trailing the Hale-Bopp comet).

Lady Morgan: Of a summer day, when the sky is bright blue and a hush lies over the island of Manhattan --the city so empty, and so quiet you can hear the leaves in Central Park rustle in the hot wind  -- on such a day,  Sonja sits on the jitney to the Hamptons and pees into a diaper. This truth has not been leaked (no pun intended) by a vindictive intern, nor is it unfortunate gossip overheard at the  Regency Bar and blasted across on Page Six. No, this is something Lady Morgan admitted -- openly,  freely --  something she revealed without shame: rather than use the bathroom on the bus,  she pisses into a Lisa Rinna special, and settles back, nice and comfy, as the urea-ridden fumes rise around her like the stinky lines off Pig Pen.  Lady Morgan's New York City: fabulous as ever.

Doris, Doris, Doris; you're close to what the French call "belle laids" (beautiful ugly) and it's why I can't quit your evil ass. Your face -- like your personality  -- is chameleon-like; one minute you're the kind of vicious drunk that makes my skin crawl (red-faced, thick-tongued,  eyes popping, bits of food clinging to your moist meaty lip) and the next, you're all lovely eyes, squared off shoulders and bare, elegant arms.  I can't keep disliking you and then be mesmerized by your looks when you turn in a certain way; it's creepy. Stop torturing me and pick a lane. 

Carole and Tinsley:  Carole playing therapist and dragging in Tinsley's abusive relationship was so fucked up.  (And -- just a thought, Radziwill! -- perhaps you overreacted because your loved ones died at sea. Does it feel good to hear that? Didn't think so.) Maybe Tinsley -- the silly debutante -- is just made of sterner stuff than you are, Ms War Zone journalist; or maybe having visited Columbia so often, Tinsley had more of a sense of the place. Whatever the reason for your differing reactions, citing her past physical abuse was beyond insensitive. You don't get to rummage through somebody's psyhe like you're rummaging through your underwear drawer for Poshmark items.

Not me -- Bethenny couldn't even find a vet to spare her dog untold misery (never mind get help for a fellow human). Ramona went to Jill and Bobby's side in the hospital, and visited Bethenny several times, and raised a happy healthy daughter along the way -- Ramona turns up.

WOW-ZA! Best one yet.

wish I wrote it.

Edited by VedaPierce
  • Love 6
26 minutes ago, VedaPierce said:

Totally over done, over the top. Calm down Bethenny, not that shocking, amazing or scandalous that the guy said they brush the denim in a certain direction on the crotch. Close that over-red lipstick and thousand-watt grinning mouth. That's "too much"-tm Carole Radz. I got uncomfortable at the level of emotion/excitement over something not that crazy.

That’s because they’re not married.  If they get married again, that’s probably the last thing they’ll talk about, lol.  Right now they are all hard up, especially Sonja.  That scene in Columbia where she takes her top off.  So classy.  I just couldn’t believe it.  They are worse than twenty year olds at Spring Break.  Pulling her panties down at 47 yrs old was just too much.

Edited by Gem 10
  • Love 2
10 minutes ago, Mozelle said:

I used Alex, who was part of the show, as an example. I would think that she'd have more insight about the one-on-one TH segments. But in addition to that, just this week I was hipped to someone named Amy Phillips having a segment on Sirius XM as part of Andy's Sirius XM show. She had two Real Housewives producers on who said the same thing--the interviews are filmed throughout the season (and not at one time as was previously stated).

Yes,  I agree with you. I also don't think they are all done at one time.

35 minutes ago, VedaPierce said:

... not that shocking, amazing or scandalous that the guy said they brush the denim in a certain direction on the crotch....

100% agree and, additionally, eveybody knows, I guess, that you can do it youself, at home, with sandpaper, lol ! #customization101

• Love 2
On 8/9/2018 at 3:46 AM, biakbiak said:

Didn’t Ramona previously insist that she only rents her house for a few weeks a year so she didn’t have to pay taxes on the rental income and bragged about how it showed she was such a great business woman?

I'm pretty sure it's true. No one would rent that Hamptons house all year round, only during the summer, and she probably wants some summer time in it herself. Not sure about not paying taxes on it though....maybe it not being classified as a rental property, she doesn't have to?

• Love 1
21 minutes ago, Gem 10 said:

That scene in Columbia where she takes her top off.  So classy.  I just couldn’t believe it.  They are worse than twenty year olds at Spring Break.  Pulling her panties down at 47 yrs old was just too much.

Sonja is 53 I believe.  She also has many FWB, Tom, Frenchie, TVGuy, a guy she dated in the first few seasons and a young guy early on she referred to as her boy toy.  She’s mentioned she’s been with these men for 10+ years.  I’m not slut shaming her but girl don’t announce it for the world (and your daughter) to hear.  How many booty calls do you need?

• Love 7
2 hours ago, VedaPierce said:

Thanks for articulating some great reasons and reminding me of why I *do not* like that woman.

• Love 12
20 hours ago, Double A said:

I was too.  That was very bizarre.  Can you imagine if Tins had said, "And you were so scared because your best friends were killed when their plane crashed into the ocean..."  

It was really unnecessary.  It would've been one thing if Tinsley had said, "Gee, Carole, I don't know why I wasn't afraid.  I wonder if I am suppressing my emotions for some reason..."

• Love 22
1 hour ago, VedaPierce said:

Not sure about not paying taxes on it though....maybe it not being classified as a rental property, she doesn't have to?

My take on it was that the rental income covered the cost of her taxes.  Owners of rental properties pay property taxes; expenses related to those properties can reduce the owner's net income tax bill.

• Love 4

Am I reading right?  Sonja won’t pee on the Jitney?  Sonja, a depends is for an emergency, not to pee and then sit in it like a baby.  You go in the bathroom and squat.  Wash your hands and go sit down.  Boy, is this broad stupid or what?  She’s so fussy, but her whole house and backyard is full of shit.

• Love 8
On 8/9/2018 at 8:45 AM, CrinkleCutCat said:

Property Manager lady is not doing Sonja any favours by agreeing to holding out for her preferred rent. Nor is she doing herself any commission favours! Drop the price and 1 get Sonja a tenant and rent, and 2 get yourself commission! It’s such a fallacy that you can ‘hold out’ until you get the price you want... NO... you have to meet the market where it is and accept what people are prepared to pay for your property. (Australian here....might be different elsewhere but this is my language!)

I think she SAYS she won’t drop her price for the cameras, but in private, all bets are off and she’ll negotiate. Sonja is most definitely for sale. 

Or if she won’t drop the price, she will eventually, or she’ll learn that she can’t get rented. The market always gets its price. 

Edited by VedaPierce
  • Love 7
On 8/9/2018 at 8:54 AM, CrinkleCutCat said:

Carole and Adam: Carole saying no to coffee as she now drinks tea sounded like she was saying no more booty calls for you Adam! Carole labeled their sexy time hook ups post their break up as ‘having coffee’.

I also think HE dumped HER... or made her dump him by having sexy salad time with other people. She’s the scorned one. He was being magnanimous by saying they should get together. She’s still salty. 

• Love 6
On 8/9/2018 at 9:00 AM, jaybird2 said:

love, love, loove this last statement.  i've never liked carole but i never thought she would have liked someone as vapid as tinsley.  the carole who prides herself as journalist would never e besties with the likes of tinsley. 

I don’t think she’s that deep herself. I know she calls herself a journalist but she’s been out of the business for over 20 years. I know she wrote a book but so did a gaggle of others. Sure she’s smart enough to operate in NY, but so is Tinsley. I just don’t think Carole is all that, and certainly no better than the rest of them. 

I will also bet that Tinsley will be demoted to ‘friend of’ sooner or later. Sooner if she doesn’t close the deal with her wallet, I mean boyfriend. 

• Love 5
On 8/9/2018 at 9:30 AM, Mozelle said:

I liked Bethenny's apartment minus how close the dining table was to the island eating area. I don't know if Bethenny entertains in her home (I really don't get the sense that she throws parties in her home so this may be a moot point I'm bringing up...), but all I could think of was people trying to shimmy their way between the backs of the chairs reserved for the island and the chairs reserved for the side of the table closest to the island. 

I have to wonder how far LuAnn was or would be up Bethenny's tail once she saw that Bethenny's place basically had the same white, light grey, dark grey palette? LuAnn really is too much. She takes a lot of glee in being bitchy but thinks that she isn't or believes that she's a forgiving person. She isn't. She and Ramona have been frenemies for a long long while now; nothing will change that. 

I will not every forget how giddy LuAnn was when that Moroccan fortune teller telling Ramona that Mario was with her but thinking of another woman. 

Lu probably can’t get past the time Ramoner jumped on an embarrassing moment that Lu’s daughter had via Twitter. Her kid was a minor then and said some stupid things and Ramoner was all over that shit alerting the world to it. If someone ever comes after my kid, especially so publicly, they’re dead to me forever. (I’m still hurt that my dad called my son ‘funny-looking’ when he was just born. I kid I kid, but not about what Ramoner did to Lu.)

Edited by VedaPierce
  • Love 4
On 8/9/2018 at 9:36 AM, SunnyBeBe said:

I did like Ramona's redo too.  It was nice to see her get more contemporary.  I think that is difficult sometimes, when someone has  grown accustomed to what they think is upscale and classic. It often conveys as old and dated.  Of course, flowers are nice, like Lu said, but, that's an easy fix. 

If the only concrete complaint Lu has is lack of flowers, she’s showing that her opinion is based off of a simple pure dislike of Ramoner. It was small and petty and made Lu look small and petty herself. She should have just not said anything...

• Love 3
Spoiler

Her kid was a minor then and said some stupid things

She was using the n-word. Also smoking a joint. Forgive me if my heart doesn't  bleed for a kid old enough to know better getting shamed for racist remarks. After Luann's various little "oopsies" revolving around blackface and other cultural appropriations, I suspect Victoria doesn't fall far from the tree and maybe if Luann didn't want people going after her kid, she should have cautioned Victoria about making racist youtube videos instead of complaining that Ramona brought up the racist youtube video that Victoria made.

But that's Luann. When she's a shit, or her kids are shit, its all "How dare anyone shame us!" and not "Yeah, that was wrong". So boo hoo, a kid old enough to know better got some public shaming for using racist slurs. Maybe Luann should have spent more time teaching her kids not to casually toss off racial slurs publically and less time drinking up in various parties. 

Sorry - it's the anniversary of Charlottesville, and I'm tired of casual open public racism being downplayed as "a child saying some stupid things". Victoria was 16, not 6. I am sure 16 year old Victoria didn't consider herself a child too young know the words coming out of her mouth and she doesn't deserve to be treated as a blameless baby who didn't know what n-word meant. 

Edited by Rap541
cant figure ou thow to remove the spoiler quote
  • Love 17
40 minutes ago, Rap541 said:
  Reveal hidden contents

She was using the n-word. Also smoking a joint. Forgive me if my heart doesn't  bleed for a kid old enough to know better getting shamed for racist remarks. After Luann's various little "oopsies" revolving around blackface and other cultural appropriations, I suspect Victoria doesn't fall far from the tree and maybe if Luann didn't want people going after her kid, she should have cautioned Victoria about making racist youtube videos instead of complaining that Ramona brought up the racist youtube video that Victoria made.

But that's Luann. When she's a shit, or her kids are shit, its all "How dare anyone shame us!" and not "Yeah, that was wrong". So boo hoo, a kid old enough to know better got some public shaming for using racist slurs. Maybe Luann should have spent more time teaching her kids not to casually toss off racial slurs publically and less time drinking up in various parties. 

Sorry - it's the anniversary of Charlottesville, and I'm tired of casual open public racism being downplayed as "a child saying some stupid things". Victoria was 16, not 6. I am sure 16 year old Victoria didn't consider herself a child too young know the words coming out of her mouth and she doesn't deserve to be treated as a blameless baby who didn't know what n-word meant. 

Ramoner used all of it to her advantage. 

My argument is not what Lu’s kid did, OF COURSE her kid was a dumbass. It’s obvious to everyone that what she said was wrong, does that really need to be prefaced, it’s what RAMONER did, why she jumped on it. Opportunity to drive a steak through Luann. She exploited and used an ugly incident to go after her supposed friend, she didn’t get involved to educate or teach or help. SHE EXPLOITED IT. 

That’s noble Ramoner for ya, bastion of human rights and cultural sensitivity. 

Edited by VedaPierce
  • Love 5

I’m rewatching because I’m bored but I’m not fast forwarding through Carole scenes.

1. What she did to Tinsley is unforgivable. You don’t bring up something as sensitive as a past abusive relationship to explain a reaction to a trivial situation. I grew up on the water and a boat trip like these women experienced is not out of the ordinary in certain bodies of water when the water is rough. Maybe Tinsley has made this trip before, maybe she grew up on boats or maybe she had enough sense to know that panicking and acting a fool doesn’t help.

2. Watching carol and Adam interact was like watching paint dry. It was a painful scene like watching two inexperienced adolescents circle each other not like two full grown adults that have been screwing for three years. 

I still fast forwarded through dorinda’s scene with John because I can’t stand the way she treats him.

• Love 10
1 minute ago, VedaPierce said:

Don’t all refrigerators make ice now? Is an ice maker that much of a ‘get’?

I thought it was a strange thing to take up space in your kitchen given that she hires caterers and they bring ice.  My LG fridge makes ice and I do not live in a penthouse, lol.

• Love 5

My argument is not what Lu’s kid did, OF COURSE her kid was a dumbass. It’s obvious to everyone that what she said was wrong, does that really need to be prefaced, it’s what RAMONER did, why she jumped on it. Opportunity to drive a steak through Luann. She exploited and used an ugly incident to go after her supposed friend, she didn’t get involved to educate or teach or help. SHE EXPLOITED IT. 

I think what Victoria did wasn't stupid or dumbass, it was racist. 

I think Luann wanted her kid's racist youtube video to be hushed up and ignored so that her kid wouldn't have to deal with the consequences of being Victoria De Lessups, Racist. If Ramona was driving a stake  thru Luann, maybe it was because Luann was always so hoity toity about what a great mom she was and when her kid does something reprehensible, she wants everyone to pretend it didn't happen and she certainly doesn't want any critical comment on it. Which is how Luann always handles her issues.

’m rewatching because I’m bored but I’m not fast forwarding through Carole scenes.

1. What she did to Tinsley is unforgivable. You don’t bring up something as sensitive as a past abusive relationship to explain a reaction to a trivial situation. I grew up on the water and a boat trip like these women experienced is not out of the ordinary in certain bodies of water when the water is rough. Maybe Tinsley has made this trip before, maybe she grew up on boats or maybe she had enough sense to know that panicking and acting a fool doesn’t help.

This was a really odd place for Carole to go. I mean, the boat trip was scary but I thought Tinsley was having a pretty normal reaction. And Carole didn't have anything to be ashamed of - I didn't think she acted like a terrified wackjob, she seemed tense and sick but thats totally normal. Like someone else said above, I don't think Carole would appreciate hearing from anyone that she needed to consider if her reaction to the boat trip was because her friends died in the water. 

• Love 14
57 minutes ago, Rap541 said:

I think what Victoria did wasn't stupid or dumbass, it was racist. 

I think Luann wanted her kid's racist youtube video to be hushed up and ignored so that her kid wouldn't have to deal with the consequences of being Victoria De Lessups, Racist. If Ramona was driving a stake  thru Luann, maybe it was because Luann was always so hoity toity about what a great mom she was and when her kid does something reprehensible, she wants everyone to pretend it didn't happen and she certainly doesn't want any critical comment on it. Which is how Luann always handles her issues.

This was a really odd place for Carole to go. I mean, the boat trip was scary but I thought Tinsley was having a pretty normal reaction. And Carole didn't have anything to be ashamed of - I didn't think she acted like a terrified wackjob, she seemed tense and sick but thats totally normal. Like someone else said above, I don't think Carole would appreciate hearing from anyone that she needed to consider if her reaction to the boat trip was because her friends died in the water. 

Carol likes to be the one in control. She doesn’t want to be the one that “over reacted.” 

• Love 10
5 hours ago, Midnight Cheese said:

It was a vicious, vile thing for Carole to say to Tinsley.   A coward's sucker punch, and reminiscent of what disturbed me about I Am Heather T: Heather's seemingly out of nowhere aggression with Kristen, who, to be clear, was handling her child's extra needs essentially alone, who also rappeled down a mountainside, and who did a better job on the Spartan race (Heather got scared off by at least two of the challenges).  (Um, I also think if she wanted to, she could have completed the marathon more quickly than Heather.)

My regard for Carole ain't been much lately but the comment to the Tinz is completely unforgivable IMO, and extremely telling.

I thought that was strange too, but as someone put it out there, maybe they planned to discuss this so that Tinz could get her narrative out there? Who knows? In any case, Carole didn’t look good doing it. 

• Love 6
On 8/10/2018 at 1:57 PM, Natalie68 said:

Awe.  I had a good friend who lived in a mountain area and a mama raccoon brought her babies to his house every year.  He fed them eggs.  I was there once for this egg festival.  It was hilarious!  I love raccoons but they also scare me a little.  They can turn on ya in a heartbeat!  I swear a gang of them were going to jump me one day at my parents.  There were about 20 of them (ok, maybe that is a Bethenny exaggeration but there were a lot of those little fuckers) playing on the stairs to my house.  I had to wait until they all left to get out of my car.  

I have something in common with Mama!  I think she is boring as well.  Not gonna miss her.

Young Natalie68

Run Natalie, Run!!!!

racoon-chase-girl-garden-circle-13336780

Edited by KungFuBunny
  • Love 7