Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E10: Nobody is Ever Missing

showme
  • Start Topic

In the Season 1 finale, Logan and his team find themselves in defense mode as word of the Waystar takeover bid spreads during the revelry of Tom and Shiv's wedding. Meanwhile, Kendall finds an escape outlet as the situation becomes supercharged, while Tom parlays his new wife's candor into the removal of an unwanted guest.

Wow Kendall got totally gaslit.  Knowing about Chappaquiddick, why did he assume he could get away with it instead of owning up?  He could have explained that the guy swerved the car, that he dove down twice to try to save the guy.

When he snuck back into his suite, when he had to break in, he should have realized that strategy wasn't going to work.  Not only his keycard but possibly other things tying him to the car, like his fingerprints.  

But sure, Logan can protect him, bribe whomever to keep Kendall's name in the clear, though really, the only thing Ken was guilty of was trying to get the guy to find him cocaine.  There's no way for anyone else to know why he was in that car.  Of course an autopsy of the waiter would find the ketamine and that might have triggered drug testing of Ken.  Still, he didn't kill the waiter and he could afford lawyers to defend him.

However he was in a vulnerable state, especially after the confrontation with the other Logan kids, so he wanted to get high.  Thus he went with Logan's offer to get him out of the country.

It really shouldn't kill the hostile takeover either.  Most of the money came from Sandy and he lined up money from others.  That money really didn't depend on Kendall being a part of the deal and as they said, some of the investors were hesitant to go with Kendall as CEO.

Roman was chastened and didn't say much of anything after the rocket launch literally blew up in his face.  But it didn't take long for the asshole to resurface -- "only a couple of thumbs!"

The siblings being mad also didn't seem that convincing.  Not like they all have a lot of love for Logan either.  They're going to be rich either way but apparently Conor wanted not only to suck on Waystar's teat himself but wanted his descendants to as well, for a thousand years.

Meanwhile, what triggered Shiv to confess to Tom that she doesn't want to be monogamous?  She recants every lie she'd told the night before because Tom suggested they could go to New Zealand and become sheep farmers if Waystar is taken over?

Greg the Egg finally plays the blackmail card with the copies of the incriminating documents he has.

Overall though it's still unconvincing that these rich kids care so much about their projects.  Logan mocked Kendall, how he could collect cars or something, because he can't handle a prominent position.  He may resent that the kids got so much that he'd given him but he probably though he was superior since he built the empire and gave them the wealth.  So Kendall and Roman both want to climb the corporate ladder, even though they're both screw ups and have squandered a lot of their youth.  

Shiv has to be the power behind powerful men, even if that means helping elect someone who spouts ideas that she doesn't believe or would be directly contrary to her personal interests.  

Conor is the only one who doesn't really have ambition, despite him saying he wants to run for the presidency.  He's also a whack job.

I guess they want to prove they are worthy of the fortunes they inherited, by doing "good things" on their own, even though without those fortunes, it's not clear any of their careers would be possible.  Maybe Shiv could still be a political consultant but the family name probably opened up opportunities which she might not have had otherwise.

• Love 6
(edited)
4 minutes ago, scrb said:

It really shouldn't kill the hostile takeover either.  Most of the money came from Sandy and he lined up money from others.  That money really didn't depend on Kendall being a part of the deal and as they said, some of the investors were hesitant to go with Kendall as CEO.

I think you missed some crucial details from last episode. They needed Kendall's share and the vote comes with it in order to do the hostile take over.

Edited by showme
  • Love 3

Well, I think this is the end of Kendall. The accident is destroying him emotionally (not that he will ever atone for it in the open), but even if and when he gets over it, I don't think he'll be able to stand up to his father ever again. Not so much out of fear of this being revealed but out of shame. He was soo close.

Connor is reaching new levels of "WTF is wrong with this guy". He wants to be president?? He's living in a cloud.

I still don´t quite understand the nature of Tom and Shiv´s relationship. I don´t think he just wants to marry an heiress. There's a scent of desperation from him to have Shiv admire him and love him. Or need him, like it seems she once did. 

All of Logan´s kids are weird, with weird relationships.

• Love 5

Why did the camera repeatedly go back to the wound on Kendall's arm in several scenes? Are they planning to give him a serious bacterial infection in the next season?  

This episode was a great way to end the season.   The closing scene was good, but there were so many other moments too, like Siobahn and Tom reminding Connor about Willa being a call-girl and therefore not wanting her in the family wedding photos in the event including her could embarrass them at some point, Roman's reactions regarding the launch explosion and after learning about the injuries and no deaths, and Greg showing he is indeed a part of the Roy gene pool.  The show is filled with great characters and good writing.  I hope it gets more publicity in the future. HBO has something really good here and it doesn't seem to be promoting it as such. 

• Love 14
1 hour ago, showme said:

I think you missed some crucial details from last episode. They needed Kendall's share and the vote comes with it in order to do the hostile take over.

I'm not sure if that's true.  Stewy injected billions.  Meanwhile, at the party, Sandy and Stewy offered to buy his stake in the company for $500 million.

So they were going to do the hostile takeover without Kendall, though they offered to buy his shares.  Now he had a big stake in the company but if even $500 million was giving him a premium for his shares, that suggests the market value of his stake was even less in a corporation with probably a multi billion market value overall.

That's why Kendall was worried about being dumped and not being made the CEO at the end.  If he controlled more shares than Sandy, Stewy and the other investors, he wouldn't have to worry.

But really, they're not trying to be faithful to how these deals work.  I think they just set it up for Kendall to be used by Logan to fend off this takeover attempt so the story unfolded for dramatic reasons, with Logan being so fatherly and nurturing while rolling his eyes.

I'm sure there will be an occasion next season when Logan will remind Kendall that he saved him, if not outright blackmail him with this incident.

• Love 1
7 hours ago, scrb said:

I think that the hostile takeover needed the combined power of Sandy and Kendall's shares in the company.   Without Kendall, Sandy has the money but not a high enough percentage of the shares.

OMG, Roman and the satellite launch.  He pushed for the launch to occur on Shiv's wedding day despite concerns so the post accident failure analysis is going to come right back to his doorstep.  Unless they start bribing dozens of people.

Greg's revelation about his copies of the cruise scandal paperwork are going to come up next season, I suspect in a move Kendall makes to hurt his father and the company.  The damage from that revelation will now not only hit Tom and the company, but also Gil and Shiv since keeping the cruise scandal quiet was part of their deal.   

6 hours ago, minamurray78 said:

Connor is reaching new levels of "WTF is wrong with this guy". He wants to be president?? He's living in a cloud.

OMG, it's fantastic.  He has zero relevant experience (which he could potentially get beyond), doesn't want to run as a part of one of the established parties (no infrastructure to help him), and one of his major issues is anti-masturbation.    Yes, that's one of the main things the government should address.  LOL

• LOL 1
  • Love 5

The final scene with Logan and Kendall was chilling.  Logan spoke matter-of-factly while Kendall was reduced to a little boy with tears.  Even if Logan's motivation was to save the family name from a scandal he was adept at controlling his emotions.  Poor Kendall.  All he wants is for his father to see him as a strong player but he just doesn't have it in him.

I love Shiv but that was some heavy stuff she laid on Tom in the bedroom.  Even if she had told him that before the wedding he still would have gone through with it.  Maybe Tom will prove to be enough for her.

Roman and Connor are both pathetic.

• Love 13
7 hours ago, minamurray78 said:

Well, I think this is the end of Kendall. The accident is destroying him emotionally (not that he will ever atone for it in the open), but even if and when he gets over it, I don't think he'll be able to stand up to his father ever again. Not so much out of fear of this being revealed but out of shame. He was soo close.

I still don´t quite understand the nature of Tom and Shiv´s relationship. I don´t think he just wants to marry an heiress. There's a scent of desperation from him to have Shiv admire him and love him. Or need him, like it seems she once did. 

All of Logan´s kids are weird, with weird relationships.

As far as I can tell, I think the show’s take on Shiv and Tom is that they hooked up at a really low point in Shiv’s life, and that Shiv is terrified of how much she needs Tom. She acts out (cheating, etc.) to prove to herself that she doesn’t need him as desperately as she does. It’s another manifestation of the Roy siblings’ weird ways of trying to control their relationships. Tom for his part is an undoubted social climber, but I think he’s written and played as being genuinely in love with Shiv.

On another note, while I appreciate the show piling on Kennedy references (another rich family full of exquisitely horrible people), the deer thing was terrible writing.

• Love 7
6 hours ago, scrb said:

I'm not sure if that's true.  Stewy injected billions.  Meanwhile, at the party, Sandy and Stewy offered to buy his stake in the company for $500 million.

So they were going to do the hostile takeover without Kendall, though they offered to buy his shares.  Now he had a big stake in the company but if even $500 million was giving him a premium for his shares, that suggests the market value of his stake was even less in a corporation with probably a multi billion market value overall.

That's why Kendall was worried about being dumped and not being made the CEO at the end.  If he controlled more shares than Sandy, Stewy and the other investors, he wouldn't have to worry.

But really, they're not trying to be faithful to how these deals work.  I think they just set it up for Kendall to be used by Logan to fend off this takeover attempt so the story unfolded for dramatic reasons, with Logan being so fatherly and nurturing while rolling his eyes.

I'm sure there will be an occasion next season when Logan will remind Kendall that he saved him, if not outright blackmail him with this incident.

Looks like you don't understand how a hostile takeover work. Instead of me going over the details with you, why not put your faith in the writers? Pretty sure the creators and the writers on this show got their base covered, trust them.

• LOL 1
23 minutes ago, showme said:

Looks like you don't understand how a hostile takeover work. Instead of me going over the details with you, why not put your faith in the writers? Pretty sure the creators and the writers on this show got their base covered, trust them.

Go ahead.  Explain why Kendall's stake was crucial to the deal even though the others had much larger stakes.

• Love 3
10 hours ago, scrb said:

Wow Kendall got totally gaslit.  Knowing about Chappaquiddick, why did he assume he could get away with it instead of owning up?  He could have explained that the guy swerved the car, that he dove down twice to try to save the guy.

First thing I thought (Chappaquiddick) when he exited the car and left the scene. Also, it was inevitable that he wasn't going to get away with it.

• Love 8

It amused me that there was a debate over whether Willa should be in the siblings and partners photo, but no one batted an eye when Roman's date-du-jour was in the photo.   Now Tom has a wedding photo that includes the woman with whom he had an encounter during his bachelor party.

• LOL 5
  • Love 15

Kendall was driving though. So he was responsible for that kids death. Either way he was going to have to lie on the kid. As soon as Kendall moved to the drivers seat I figured we were going to get a Chappaquiddick scenario, and then the camera panning down the long dark road as Kendall kept taking his eyes of the road......I just thought he was going to hit someone walking in the road. 

Say you want about dad, but he knows his kids down to their very core. And he was right, Kendall is weak and not that bright. 

• Love 13
6 hours ago, showme said:

I don’t know how a hostile takeover works but I do know that writers take huge liberties for entertainment reasons.  

• Love 6

I actually enjoyed the show for once. Sure, it took slogging through the season long setup muck with the characters and into the damn finale, but there you go. 

Roman's reactions when that rocket blew up were everything. 

How the hell did Tom and Greg become somewhat endearing to me? I HATED both of them in the beginning. 

I'm invested in Tom and Shiv. WTF? When did that happen? No, wait, HOW did that happen? 

Kendall is such a failure. I cringe every time he tries to put on his big boy pants. 

I love Jerri and hate Stewy. 

• Love 7
40 minutes ago, Adultosaurus said:

The scene with Kendall navigating back was excruciatingly long.

Long and effective.  All that time to think about what he had just done, and he still chose to deal with it in the most dishonorable way.  A poster said Logan reduced Kendall to a crying little boy.  The point is Kendall has always been a little boy.

Edited by sugarbaker design
  • Love 14
7 hours ago, sugarbaker design said:

Long and effective. All that time to think about what he had just done, and he still chose to deal with it in the most dishonorable way. A poster said Logan reduced Kendall to a crying little boy. The point is Kendall has always been a little boy.

I think that Kendall has probably spent a majority of his life, seeking out Logan's approval, blessing and "good job kid" kudoes. It was clear that Kendall couldn't come up with a better response to his father's questions about why he attempted the hostile takeover of his company. Even from the first episode, he wanted to make sure that the upcoming deal was solid, so that Logan would have to see that Kendall was the only one who could take leadership of the company. Shiv doesn't want it, Conner is clueless and Roman would totally destroy everything. 

21 hours ago, Eyes High said:

As far as I can tell, I think the show’s take on Shiv and Tom is that they hooked up at a really low point in Shiv’s life, and that Shiv is terrified of how much she needs Tom. She acts out (cheating, etc.) to prove to herself that she doesn’t need him as desperately as she does. It’s another manifestation of the Roy siblings’ weird ways of trying to control their relationships. Tom for his part is an undoubted social climber, but I think he’s written and played as being genuinely in love with Shiv.

I think that Shiv and Tom do love each other, but I think she married him, because he is nothing like her father and her mother. They both are toxic to their children. The mother's cutting remarks about the marriage, throughout the entire weekend of the wedding. Her father's comments about how weak Tom is as a man in his eyes. It does not excuse the fact that Shiv should have told Tom about her feelings about monogamy before they got married. 

• Love 4
1 hour ago, sadie said:

How did Kendall get back in his room without his key card? Or did the rooms not need them?

He broke the window in the door, ending up with a cut in his arm.

• Like 1
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, lazylou said:

He broke the window in the door, ending up with a cut in his arm.

I guess the Roy version of the story will have to include Kendall breaking into his own room since the server stole his key.  Clearly the server didn't break in since he had a key.

• Love 1

Maybe someone can answer a burning question for me: who is the little blonde-ish girl who was in the premiere and Thanksgiving episode? We first see her at the apartment with Roman and Grace when Connor is explaining his farm to her, and I thought she was Roman's daughter. But at Thanksgiving, she was watching the terrible movie with Grace (and Kendall's daughter) and she calls Grace by her given name (I had assumed that was her mother). Whose kid is this? Why wasn't she at the wedding if she's a Roy? I've been confused all season about this and thought it would clear up!

• Love 1
10 hours ago, Moxie Cat said:

Maybe someone can answer a burning question for me: who is the little blonde-ish girl who was in the premiere and Thanksgiving episode? We first see her at the apartment with Roman and Grace when Connor is explaining his farm to her, and I thought she was Roman's daughter. But at Thanksgiving, she was watching the terrible movie with Grace (and Kendall's daughter) and she calls Grace by her given name (I had assumed that was her mother). Whose kid is this? Why wasn't she at the wedding if she's a Roy? I've been confused all season about this and thought it would clear up!

IMDB says that the character's name is Isla, but doesn't list anything else in her connection with the Roy family.

Edited by vixenbynight
  • Love 1

I'm fascinated by the possibility of Connor trying to run for President.  Will this be a satire on the Trump presidency?

I mean Connor is a true whack-job, and he obviously lives in a dream world.  He talks to Eric Bognosian's (sp?) character and later boasts that he "demolishes" him when it's evident the guy is just too polite to tell Connor he's a looney tune to his face; he suggests he might outlaw drama and then states his platform will be anti-masturbation.

Wow!

This could be more fun than all the other storylines combined, but then I've always been a political junkie.  Of course, YMMV.

• Love 3

Never thought the hostile takeover would work, because without Logan as the head of the empire, then really what do we have?  But wondering how long this show can go.  It's called "Succession", so obviously there has to be some plan for the future and who gets to take over.  If Logan is healthy and not retiring, then is that really going to be a focus again?

Will be interesting to see if/how Kendall is brought back into the fold.

Would like to really know what the deal is with Roman.  He likes women, but he just doesn't sleep with them?  Why bring the woman that hooked up with Tom to the wedding as his date?

Was expecting so much more from the reception of Tom and Shiv.  Seemed like any old wedding, aside from it being in what looked to be a castle.  I think I heard the ubiquitous Black Eyed Peas "I Gotta Feeling" that is played at every wedding and Billy Joel's "Uptown Girl", but some of the music seemed so stodgy for a youngish couple.  I enjoyed Logan's speech about family (could see that speech being said a lot at many a wedding) and hated Roman's (but then again, that's what we expect from him).  Shouldn't Tom's father have said a few words?  Maybe I missed it.

Yeah if Logan is replaced permanently, then the show is kind of over.

Logan is one of the best characters on the show.

Maybe they could have him being a PITA from the sidelines, second-guessing everything that the new CEO did.

But what would there be for the siblings to do?  Roman can't get a job anywhere else, certainly not a high level executive at a major corporation.

Kendall couldn't give money away to startups so what's left for him, even if he rehabs?

But can they keep things as is for several seasons, with Logan in charge and the kids trying to take over?

Wow, Kendall finally has that full on break down that everyone knew was coming. He has ambition, but isnt that smart, and he isnt that emotionally strong. No wonder he dad runs right over him whenever he tries to assert any dominance. He ended the season reduced to a little kid begging his daddy for crumbs. 

Connor is full on head in the sky! Despite him wanting to randomly run to president, he has no ambition, no ideas, and basically lives in la la land. 

And Greg really is a part of this family after all. I knew that something like this was going to happen, but it was honestly kind of awesome to see. 

• Love 3

Yeah but his emotional problems are due to Logan.  All the kids are messed up because of parenting.

Now does Logan want to hand off the reins to one of his kids eventually?

Or has Marcia pulled a Yoko Ono on him and maybe it's her son that will take over?

• Love 1
On 8/14/2018 at 11:26 AM, tennisgurl said:

Wow, Kendall finally has that full on break down that everyone knew was coming. He has ambition, but isnt that smart, and he isnt that emotionally strong. No wonder he dad runs right over him whenever he tries to assert any dominance. He ended the season reduced to a little kid begging his daddy for crumbs. 

The actor playing Kendall did a great job this whole episode, and has in fact been the break out performer for me.  I wasn't familiar with him before this, but he has somehow got me to feel something close to sympathy for Kendall all season long.  I loved the detail of Kendall sobbing on his dad's chest but not quite being able to fully hug him or put his arms around him.  

Matthew Mcfadyen seems like he is having a blast playing dorky Tom.  I loved how pumped up he was after telling Nate off that he had to bust some moves to Uptown Girl on the dance floor LOL!   

The show dragged in the beginning, but man it hooked me by the end and I binged the last four episodes today.  

• Love 17

I enjoyed the show but one of the things that bothers me about British writers trying to tackle American politics (Shiv's whole storyline basically) is how you can so obviously tell that they're afraid to touch on the biggest, most obvious issues that affect it. There's references to vague "inequality and socialism" regarding Gil and his "radical" positions, but not one remark this entire season in that storyline about how as a Democrat (and apparently some sort of Bernie Sanders type), Gil's biggest concern in a primary would be winning black voters, civil rights/women's rights issues and protecting minorities against whoever his opponent is.

This is very white show as it is, but if Shiv works in Democratic politics, that would be a hugely prominent factor. And yet they don't even mention that, even with the senator she worked for before him? Inauthentic and screams of non-American writers unsure how to go into that stuff and afraid of touching on it. 

• Love 5

I don’t know if politics is a big focus, though the show runner did work with Ianucci, including possibly on Veep.

certainly Logan has a lot of political power through his media holdings.

But I don’t think they want to delve into Current American politics.  Maybe it was filmed before the 2016 elections for all we know.

The pilot of Succession started shooting the week after the November 2016 elections. The series shot from October 2017 to March 2018. I think politics will be featured somewhat for S2. Frank Rich, one of the executive producers of Veep, is also one of the executive producers of Succession.

• Useful 1
On ‎20‎.‎08‎.‎2018 at 2:40 AM, Deanie87 said:

I agree with you :) I absolutely love this scene cos for first ...
well Tom isn´t very plaesant person much of the time but the scene with Shiv
and the way he stand up for his marrige and go after Nate was so nice! And
the dancing? I don´t see Tom in this but it seems to me it´s  just Matthew :o) The
part he join the dancing is so relaxed, seems spontaneus…….. and his smile!!!!
:)

On 8/6/2018 at 2:16 AM, ichbin said:

Why did the camera repeatedly go back to the wound on Kendall's arm in several scenes? Are they planning to give him a serious bacterial infection in the next season?  

When he woke up and saw the wound on his arm he knew the accident hadn't been a dream, which it must have seemed like by then.

On 8/6/2018 at 11:42 AM, terrymct said:

It amused me that there was a debate over whether Willa should be in the siblings and partners photo, but no one batted an eye when Roman's date-du-jour was in the photo.   Now Tom has a wedding photo that includes the woman with whom he had an encounter during his bachelor party.

But that doesn't matter. The problem with Willa is that she's a professional sex worker and that might come out in the press.

• Love 2

really, the only thing Ken was guilty of was trying to get the guy to find him cocaine.

Well despite being likely unable to prove it since the drugs may be out of his system after a day or so, he’s absurdly guilty of driving under the influence. It doesn’t much matter whether he was still driving “carefully” and would have had the accident even without taking all the drugs he took. The point of law against driving under the influence is you don’t drive under the influence. He’s clearly guilty of that. And of course he's guilty of leaving the scene of deadly accident, which is also a crime. It's less clear that failing to call for help would be a crime, but that's a possibility too. His demeanor and clumsy lies show that even he understands he's done something very wrong and he's screwed.

But when did Marcia's son see him "all wet" or "quite moist?" (I don't recall the exact words). Did they make that up?

Perhaps because in his drug-addled state, Kendall half thought the whole thing was a bad dream, and he hoped to verify that theory by looking at his arm and finding no wound. Sadly, seeing the wound brought him back to his sad reality each time.

I guess the Roy version of the story will have to include Kendall breaking into his own room since the server stole his key.  Clearly the server didn't break in since he had a key.

No. The “story” is that the server broke into Kendall’s room and stole stuff, including his key card. It "works," as much as it needs to do so.

The people running after Logan to clean up all his insults, affronts and generally actionable interactions with randoms seems like full-time job.

• Love 6

Really strong ending to the first season. 

I have a question. Is the boy who is featured in the opening credits supposed to be Kendall? I realize all the kids are shown, but one young actor in particular is featured. I assume it's Kendall, and that shot of Logan walking away as soon as the picture is taken seems to sum up their relationship so well. 

Jeremy Strong is perfect in the role of Kendall. He has Resting Sad Face. The scene between him and Brian Cox at the end was perfection.

• Love 4
On 8/19/2018 at 7:40 PM, Deanie87 said:

The actor playing Kendall did a great job this whole episode, and has in fact been the break out performer for me.  I wasn't familiar with him before this, but he has somehow got me to feel something close to sympathy for Kendall all season long. 

I agree. I've almost felt bad about myself for identifying with him as much as I do. I mean, I'd like to think I'm smarter than Kendall, and stronger of character, and I probably am, but I'm not sure that I am. And I probably wouldn't be much better than him at running a multi-billion dollar global empire. There's zero Roman in me, or Connor or Shiv, but maybe there's a little Kendall in all of us.

On 8/13/2018 at 12:35 AM, greyhorse said:

Was expecting so much more from the reception of Tom and Shiv...some of the music seemed so stodgy for a youngish couple.

I assume we were meant to think a live big band was playing some of the big band music, but we didn't see them, and I'm 99% certain the tune that sounded like the Count Basie band actually was the Basie band, from a recording.

• Love 2

If only Stewy had given Kendall the coke none of this would have happened. Why didn’t he? That seemed odd like he wanted Kendall to be off and not as confident since the coke was making me more confident.

Roman’s reaction to the explosion was horrifying. I’m assuming Gerri was kidding that no one died??

On 6/24/2021 at 10:32 PM, SoWindsor said:

Roman’s reaction to the explosion was horrifying. I’m assuming Gerri was kidding that no one died??

That whole storyline was weird. My understanding is that most satellite launches are in unmanned rockets. And even if it was a manned launch it seems like a rocket blowing up on the launch pad isn't something where you can survive with just losing a thumb. So was Gerri just lying, because she knows Roman is an idiot?

Well, damn.  That poor waiter (and right after he'd gotten a big chunk of money for signing an NDA, too).  They probably would've been better off just hitting the deer ...  

Even from a purely selfish perspective, Kendall would've been better off trying harder to rescue the waiter / flagging down help.  Probably could've lied that the waiter was driving so they didn't get him for DUI.  

The siblings having one nice moment hugging and laughing together in the boat was sort of poignant.  

Greg turned out to be quite Machiavellian!  I wonder if he would've approached Kendall like that if Tom hadn't freaked out on him that morning, though.  

How does Gerri get through a day without slapping Roman?  The woman has serious self restraint.

Shiv is a piece of work.  Nate - a smarmy, cheating bastard, but still - was horrified by how corrupt the deal between Gil and ATN was ... though maybe Nate should also question Gil's morals.  Tom - also a bastard but I sort of felt bad for him here - really got blindsided by his wife telling him after they're married she doesn't want monogamy.  It was also pretty rich for Shiv to lecture Kendall about the timing of his hostile takeover ... um, Shiv, you've spent your wedding weekend basically blackmailing your father.  Please, girl.  

I still don't understand how Tom and Shiv even became a thing.  Do we ever find out why she "was a mess" when they met?  Not sure I can handle more seasons with these people, I may just Google it LOL.

Edited by SlovakPrincess
  • Like 1

None of these characters takes even five minutes to think about what they are doing and what the consequences are, let alone doing some self-reflection. Even when they make valid points about each other, they don't seem to realize that they are doing the same things. 

As soon as Kendall got into the car with the waiter, I assumed there would be a car accident, but I didn't expect such an obvious Chappaquiddick moment. Kendall tried unsuccessfully to get the waiter out of the car, but when another car came by, he hid instead of seeking additional help. Even given that all the Roys have near zero moral instincts, you'd think that he'd realize how this would look from a political or strategic point of view. 

Shiv had the perfect opportunity to share her concerns with Tom the night before the wedding, but she chose to lie, instead. What would be better timing for discussing your discomfort with monogamy than your wedding night? Tom should have backed off right then, because if this is the way she does things, there are more surprises waiting down the road.

How does Roman sleep at night? His reaction to the explosion of the rocket was horrifying. Lying that it went well without a hint of concern about the people involved? He only wants Gerri to figure out how to fix it for him so he doesn't get in trouble or look bad. Clearly that's the way the Roy kids were raised - make a mess and someone (some employee) will take care of it for you.

Logan had it right (although he would never acknowledge it) when he told Kendall that he'd "spoiled him".