Type keyword(s) to search

Season 2 Discussion

• Start Topic

What might be the most hilarious thing in this thread is how many people are just pissed at Jesse because of the pizza.  Don't get me wrong.  I'm Brooklyn born and bred... I'm on your side.  But there are some folks who have been outright offended that Jesse scoff at the NY way to eat to a slice.'s n

"It's not etiquette babe."

Yeah, that would be about when I decided he needed to go home.  

• Love 11
On 8/26/2018 at 10:43 PM, hisbunkie said:

Actually, “marionette lines” are treated with fillers, not Botox.

They can be treated with both actually. Together or separately. Having said that, she uses too much of both when she should be spending money on books or psychotherapy. 

1 hour ago, Quof said:

No, never, ever, ever. The acceptable alternative is the Man Bag - a crossbody messenger or camera bag style.  Safe from pickpockets and not hideous.  Plus, Ricky has a gut. Surely that gets uncomfortable when he sits? 

It’s a European carry-all!

• Love 7
1 hour ago, Kangatush said:

OK, I need to step in for a sec and mount a defense.  A defense of the fanny pack.  They are obviously no longer fashionable, but they are handy as hell.  Women know the benefits of mobile storage, like a purse, and this is the same thing, just safer for travelling.  It's easy for a thief or pickpocket to snatch a backpack or purse.  Much more difficult to infiltrate a fanny pack.  My dad actually uses one on his international vacations.  He also puts his wallet in his front pocket and uses a safety pin to close it (a tip given to him by another frequent traveler).  He has never had anything stolen despite time spent in numerous crowded marketplaces and such.  It also prevents boob sweaty money, like Angela hauled out.

Hate the player, hate the game, accept the fanny pack.

I have not weighed in yet on the fanny pack issue. We walk around the inside of our local mall four times every day for exercise. We carry three bottles of water, tissues, glasses, and cough drops. Or should I say Mr. AZC carries them. In his fanny pack . 

Edited by AZChristian
  • Love 9

I just CAN'T get into the pizza discussion.  But yes I can!  Was in NYC last month.  Yes! You fucking fold.  NYC pizzas are Amazing.  I can't even eat a pizza again back home.  I wanted to cry watching Cruella and JaegerMeister leave that beautiful pie on the table.

• Love 15
10 hours ago, doyouevengohere said:

I wonder if Target and Hazel even know about each other's kids at this point in the story?  I thought they were saying he had only talked with her for like 2 weeks (?) before journeying to meet his soul mate.

Wait WHAT ??!!!!! ??? two weeks ??? And he’s madly in love, traveling to the Philippines after just two weeks ??? What a TOOL. No wonder brother Dean is flipping out...

• Love 5
4 hours ago, 100Proof said:

Kareening out of control looks to me same as she did in the first pass of 90 days.....  meh

Funny.... last time it was "run, Karine, run!".  Now it's, "run Pol, run!"

Except that he totally deserves what he gets.

20 minutes ago, DNR said:

Wait WHAT ??!!!!! ??? two weeks ??? And he’s madly in love, traveling to the Philippines after just two weeks ??? What a TOOL. No wonder brother Dean is flipping out...

Yes that’s apparently true.

26 minutes ago, zillabreeze said:

I just CAN'T get into the pizza discussion.  But yes I can!  Was in NYC last month.  Yes! You fucking fold.  NYC pizzas are Amazing.  I can't even eat a pizza again back home.  I wanted to cry watching Cruella and JaegerMeister leave that beautiful pie on the table.

Originally from Long Island. Yes - asshole we fold our pizza. Way to be culturally insensitive.

• Love 4

Maybe I'm completely off the charts.  But I get the squiggles about English Jon.  I think he has  Napoleonic short guy issues.  I think something ain't right with him.  I think mama knows he's not right.  Mama & sisters are being very protective of him.

• Love 6

Fanny packs are a retro item that is now making a comeback - for some folks, it is the new cool bag.

Tarik is taking a big chance going halfway around the world to see a woman he's known for a couple of weeks. And online. Hazel does need to come clean about her child before getting involved with him.  So many red flags.

Ricky too. Yeah, your online person who you send money to does not have to change her life to accommodate you. She did not invite you to visit. She likes the cash you send, but that is about it. Cut her off. And maybe you will get a real photo of 'Melissa'.

• Love 4

New Yorkers take no prisoners. Shortly after taking office, Mayor de Blasio was "ripped a new one" when he was photographed eating a pizza with a knife and fork. However, he defended himself by saying that it is customary to use utensils to eat pizza in Italy where it arrives at the table uncut. 

Edited by magemaud
  • Love 2
1 minute ago, Frozendiva said:

Fanny packs are a retro item that is now making a comeback - for some folks, it is the new cool bag.

Tarik is taking a big chance going halfway around the world to see a woman he's known for a couple of weeks. And online. Hazel does need to come clean about her child before getting involved with him.  So many red flags.

Ricky too. Yeah, your online person who you send money to does not have to change her life to accommodate you. She did not invite you to visit. She likes the cash you send, but that is about it. Cut her off. And maybe you will get a real photo of 'Melissa'.

Lol. You beat me to it!!  Fanny Packs are a thing!! 

• Love 3
22 hours ago, KateHearts said:

I find it interesting that Paul hugs Kreeny so awkwardly and then clap, clap, claps her on the back the way one would pet a horse.  That and his unusually close relationship with his mom- whom he refers to as "Mother"- gives me a Norman Bates sort of vibe.

I HATE when he does that. It reminds me a father consoling his child. My boyfriend says the same thing. He does it sometimes to me as a joke. 

• Love 3
16 hours ago, Pepper Mostly said:

Karine does not want a baby. She's already knocked up, so she has to convince Pole to marry, quickly, and "get pregnant". Her window to be able to trick him into believing the baby is his is shrinking, quickly.

That is plausible but that whole pregnancy or *prenancy (*TM Pole) test confused me.  Karine came out of the bathroom and said "I'm sorry," then he said "Baby? Yes baby? Not my baby?" then Karine nodded no baby...so what was that?

I find whining like a child to put a baby in me is a real turn on for men, lol.  Karine has no clue what she is in for if she agrees to move to the US with Pole and his mother, Karine is unaware she will have a sister wife! LOL.

• Love 5
7 hours ago, zillabreeze said:

Yes, Ricky Ticky Tavi is rockin' the Fanny Pack like a dad!  However, I too am rockin' the fanny pack, it's a Kate Spade so I thought is was acceptable, it comes in handy when I need my hands free for shopping or like this past Sunday when I was watching my daughter run a 10k in Philadelphia.  My hands were free to film her and yell awkwardly "Go! Don't stop!" like a complete dufus.

Pick pockets abound in most cities, I think the FP was a secure way to keep his money safe while he toured the city by himself.  

• Love 3
13 hours ago, LilaFowler said:

Ricky's my least favorite guy on the show, too. His trip didn't seem coordinated with Melissa at all, he just decided to show up in her country and demand her time. Not sure about anyone else, but I have a busy life, especially during the week. I wouldn't be able to drop everything for someone who just randomly appears on my doorstep. I'd also be pissed if they were pissed. Ricky's an entitled jerk.

I agree on all points except one, Ricky is a clueless jerk.  His daughter sees it.

• Love 4
12 hours ago, juicyfruit said:

So I think he gives up on chasing Melissa and invites either a friend to join him on the rest of his trip, or possibly even his daughter (actually I think this is more likely than a friend).

He's spreading rose petals on the bed.

• Love 8
11 hours ago, Kangatush said:

Women know the benefits of mobile storage, like a purse, and this is the same thing, just safer for travelling.

They sell plenty of non-fanny pack messenger bags for men. Fanny pack screams "mug me" and tourist in a way nothing else does. 

• Love 12
17 hours ago, RedBagWithMakeup said:

Ah, thank you for this excellent movie reference. I could see Darcey hissing and spitting while she gathered the "special ingredient" . Then after he ate his two slices, she would curl up in a ball, sobbing and begging him not to leave.

Was that a reference to Ruth Gordon's chocolate mousse in Rosemary's Baby?  I'm all about movie references but just wasn't sure!

• Love 6
9 hours ago, zillabreeze said:

Nah, they were a thing for a minute about 4 years ago for the normcore kids. Now it's overalls and platform sneakers making a comeback. I wore both in the 90's and am not particularly thrilled with them coming back either!!

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Baltimore Betty said:

That is plausible but that whole pregnancy or *prenancy (*TM Pole) test confused me.  Karine came out of the bathroom and said "I'm sorry," then he said "Baby? Yes baby? Not my baby?" then Karine nodded no baby...so what was that?

Karine thought the game was up and she'd have to cop to being pregnant. Then she realized that Pole could not read the test, so she quickly shifted gears and said she wasn't pregnant. So now time is of the essence, she has to marry/get Pole to agree to a baby FAST, so she can pass the baby off as his.

• Love 23
9 minutes ago, Pepper Mostly said:

Karine thought the game was up and she'd have to cop to being pregnant. Then she realized that Pole could not read the test, so she quickly shifted gears and said she wasn't pregnant. So now time is of the essence, she has to marry/get Pole to agree to a baby FAST, so she can pass the baby off as his.

OMG, is that real??!!!  Pole is a nitwit.

• Love 1
10 hours ago, Jennifersdc said:

Originally from Long Island. Yes - asshole we fold our pizza. Way to be culturally insensitive.

I'm from Queens and moved to L.I. at 40.  While I have folded my pizza, that was when I was eating it with friends...and when you're with friends and someone says, "lets order pizza", its generally the familiar, thin crusted, foldable, Neapolitan.  However, alone, I mostly prefer Sicilian or any other thick crust, deep dish style and I eat that with knife and fork. I'm half Italian.  ;-)

Fanny packs. One of the most bizarre aspects of society/human behavior is these fashion trends/fads. How something becomes an overwhelmingly acceptable style over a certain time period, only to be abhorred and laughed at later, and then possibly embraced once more in a comeback, is truly perplexing.  Ditching a style when one observes it being disfavored and not wanting to be an outcast and laughed at, one adopts the newest trend. I'm sure its a monkey see/monkey do inherent biological/tribal group thing.

Edited by 100Proof
  • Love 12
16 minutes ago, Pepper Mostly said:

It was clear as day to me! She's certainly not badgering Pole to "start a family" right away because she's overcome with maternal longings.

@Peppermostly, you are one smart cookie!  

BTW, has Pole's mother every skyped with Karine (mother of her faux grandchild)?  I would think Pole would have wanted her to meet the LOHL before the wedding, it would be nice for her to meet her future daughter in law.

• Love 1

The popular way to wear fanny packs is currently slung across the shoulder like a purs...uhh...European carry-all.

I have two fanny packs and they’re amazing. One’s sequined. I wear them the correct way though. 

• Love 2
2 hours ago, noveltylibrary said:

Was that a reference to Ruth Gordon's chocolate mousse in Rosemary's Baby?  I'm all about movie references but just wasn't sure!

It's a reference to the poop pie in The Help.

• Love 7
On 8/27/2018 at 2:39 PM, bichonblitz said:

Correct me if I'm wrong here. If Karineee is preggers then it can't be Pole's, right? They have been apart for months, then she lies and said the preg test was negative. I'm not sure what she's up to but it's shady AF. 

She can't say she's pregnant, otherwise he'd "know." So she does the  next best thing: pushes him to start a family, and after he agrees, she "magically" becomes pregnant. And her - and Paul's -  baby is born very premature.

• Love 7
1 hour ago, LocalGovt said:

I thought it was a birthmark, maybe? Like a port wine stain?

It could be, but those are usually darker.  The temporary marks are a thing though, I had my own stork bites that I no longer have.

• Love 1
4 hours ago, Baltimore Betty said:

Karine has no clue what she is in for if she agrees to move to the US with Pole and his mother, Karine is unaware she will have a sister wife

...who will always be #1

• Love 3
12 hours ago, zillabreeze said:

Maybe I'm completely off the charts.  But I get the squiggles about English Jon.  I think he has  Napoleonic short guy issues.  

Wouldn't that make him an overbearing tyrant? Not a clueless, glassy-eyed nitwit?

Edited by eatsleep
  • Love 3
On 8/27/2018 at 3:56 PM, Cherpumple said:

Absolutely! One look at those living conditions should be enough to raise suspicions that this relationship isn't simply based on true love. And not even in a sinister "man trap" way, but in a pragmatic way. At the very least it should smack them into reality and prompt them to have a very frank and open discussion about what their foreign partner's expectations are for the relationship. Do they expect money to be sent back every month to their family? If so, how much? Do they understand how much the American person makes each month, not only in terms of $$$ amount, but in terms of purchasing power and living expenses? But silly me, it would take maturity and honesty to have that conversation, and would require diverting way too much blood from the genitals to the brain, so it's not going to happen.

Similar argument for Hazel's church service. Personally, I would have found it fascinating to sit through, but you can bet that it would have been followed by a LONG conversation with my beloved about what our expectations were for the religious aspect of our relationship, especially regarding any future children. A shrug and a brief "whatever makes her happy" is not nearly sufficient.

Yes. Yes, they do.  I knew a man who married a girl from the Philippines.  She lives similarly to Hazel. In fact, she worked in another country as a domestic, and sent money back home.  When she married this man (and her family similarly showed up at the airport with a welcome banner, it was expected that her new "rich" husband would regularly send money back to her family (as well as other items).

• Love 1
On 8/27/2018 at 5:19 PM, calpurnia99 said:

I think that they are living together is great , because now it is real life and not the fantasy. A stunning sexy photo online of an exotic foreign beauty, whom you chat with and seems super sweet is indeed exciting and a promise of a wonderul romantic life. You visit and go on a few dates and both are on their best behavior so you propose. Now it is real. Kriny is nothing special. She is really lazy, she is really immature and he hit the nail on the head that she is like a 12 year old.  Pole seems to be very organized, likes a clean house, at least understands what being an adult entails. Now I think he is getting to know the real Kriny and I almost feel sorry for him. She is simply awful, not the Brazilian fantasy woman.  They are so very mismatched.

As for Hazel wow I kept thinking about the camera crew, I think with the production there are usually 4 people in tow. How were they getting up those steps and into that tiny apartment to film? You really see how very poor these countries are and why these women will take anyone who will take them to America. Even a lower middle class life here is so far superior to their living conditions in Philippines and Nigeria.  I don't mind Tarik, yes the dumb shirts and hat, but he seems like a nice and decent man with nice looks. Again he does not know Hazel at all. I doubt she is as lazy as Kriny is though, man what a piece of work.

If she is pregnant, she may not be lazy, but may be consumed with the overwhelming fatigue that comes in the first trimester.  Not that I'm defending her at all.

• Love 6
33 minutes ago, LocalGovt said:

If she is pregnant, she may not be lazy, but may be consumed with the overwhelming fatigue that comes in the first trimester.  Not that I'm defending her at all.

This is a good point, and would explain a whole lot of things about Kreeny's changed appearance, even (maybe) her desire for stuffed animal toys.

I have a long list of "something wrong with" from this show, and now I have to add Darcey's lips.  They look like they were inflated at one point and are now partly deflated.  She is an attractive woman, in a very plastic way, but her lips are ugly.  Her sister's lips are odd, too, but not as bad as Darcey's.

Jon has some kind of anxiety disorder, I'm convinced.  He's going to require kid gloves, I suspect, if they stay together.  Rachel is a very pretty woman, but as others have said, she really needs to make a little more effort with her makeup and clothing--her online photos show a much more beautiful woman, and when she arrived in London all frowzy, I assumed it was just the tiredness and stress from travel, but no--she's sticking to the worn-out mom look.  Like Nicole, she's pushing the "call him Daddy" business way too fast and early, just when he seems to be having second thoughts about her.

Jesse and Darcey are like squabbling siblings, not lovers.  Each of them has to have the last word, and they both excel at flouncing out of the room instead of talking about whatever the problem is.  I don't know why Darcey hasn't said to him, "Look, Jesse.  The United States is a whole lot bigger and more diverse in every way than Holland, and if you want to learn about the US, fine, but don't expect me to know as much about my enormous country as you know about your tiny homogeneous country.  I'd love to explore and learn along with you, but you have to stop putting me down for not knowing what every building represents.  We only have about a zillion more buildings here than you do there."

And you do fold thin-crust pizza.  Eating it with a knife and fork is stupid and difficult.  Sicilian (thick-crust) and Chicago (even thicker crust), fine:  knife and fork.  But don't tell a woman from CT how to eat pizza in NYC.  Asshole.

• Love 11

I usually don't subscribe to fan theories (even my own), but I am leaning towards the Kareen I'll Do Joybar is pregnant theory. That scene of them in the grocery store was like watching a father and his 13 year old.

• Love 10
2 hours ago, LocalGovt said:

She can't say she's pregnant, otherwise he'd "know." So she does the  next best thing: pushes him to start a family, and after he agrees, she "magically" becomes pregnant. And her - and Paul's -  baby is born very premature.

She’ll probably tell him Brazilian babies don’t take 9 months, they are born when they’re ready. He might even believe her.

• Love 19
49 minutes ago, Mothra said:

This is a good point, and would explain a whole lot of things about Kreeny's changed appearance, even (maybe) her desire for stuffed animal toys.

I have a long list of "something wrong with" from this show, and now I have to add Darcey's lips.  They look like they were inflated at one point and are now partly deflated.  She is an attractive woman, in a very plastic way, but her lips are ugly.  Her sister's lips are odd, too, but not as bad as Darcey's.

Jon has some kind of anxiety disorder, I'm convinced.  He's going to require kid gloves, I suspect, if they stay together.  Rachel is a very pretty woman, but as others have said, she really needs to make a little more effort with her makeup and clothing--her online photos show a much more beautiful woman, and when she arrived in London all frowzy, I assumed it was just the tiredness and stress from travel, but no--she's sticking to the worn-out mom look.  Like Nicole, she's pushing the "call him Daddy" business way too fast and early, just when he seems to be having second thoughts about her.

Jesse and Darcey are like squabbling siblings, not lovers.  Each of them has to have the last word, and they both excel at flouncing out of the room instead of talking about whatever the problem is.  I don't know why Darcey hasn't said to him, "Look, Jesse.  The United States is a whole lot bigger and more diverse in every way than Holland, and if you want to learn about the US, fine, but don't expect me to know as much about my enormous country as you know about your tiny homogeneous country.  I'd love to explore and learn along with you, but you have to stop putting me down for not knowing what every building represents.  We only have about a zillion more buildings here than you do there."

And you do fold thin-crust pizza.  Eating it with a knife and fork is stupid and difficult.  Sicilian (thick-crust) and Chicago (even thicker crust), fine:  knife and fork.  But don't tell a woman from CT how to eat pizza in NYC.  Asshole.

I agree with everything except Darcy's response to everything Jesse snipes about should be a throat punch.

• Love 3

I don't understand Kreeny having to beg Pole to start a family.  I think it is understood that they are having sex, would you agree?  And even if they use condoms, those don't always work.  She might be better off not begging for a family and just carrying on as usual and throw throw up her hands and say (via translator app) "I guess the condom failed."  

• Love 11

The only pizza I've ever eaten with a knife and fork was Chicago deep dish pizza.

I thought Paul said that it took him 3 months to organize his finances and return to Brazil. The kid could be his, just sayin'...

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Mothra said:

But the main thing Jesse wanted to know was which stadium he was seeing. He asked if it was Yankee Stadium. Sorry, but any NYer worth her/his salt knows that it's Shea Stadium in Queens (Mets). I'm sure darcey told him she "practically lives in NYC," esp w/ her fashion industry connections. That gaffe was just inexcusable. She did seem really clueless and dumb at that point. But yeah,  Jesse is a bully and it extends beyond sightseeing. He has figured out Darcey is a dumb, insecure woman and takes every opportunity to beat her down verbally. There's nothing she can do about that. She just doesn't need to be w/ Jesse; he will never respect her or see her as his mental equal.

Edited by eatsleep
  • Love 9
38 minutes ago, Granny58 said:

I don't understand Kreeny having to beg Pole to start a family.  I think it is understood that they are having sex, would you agree?  And even if they use condoms, those don't always work.  She might be better off not begging for a family and just carrying on as usual and throw throw up her hands and say (via translator app) "I guess the condom failed."  

Ughh but he could be avoiding her due to that gross cystic acne. blechhh

• Love 2