Type keyword(s) to search

Season 2 Discussion

• Start Topic

50 minutes ago, Morgalisa said:

I lived in Germany for 7 years and traveled throughout Europe. I was always served thin crust pizza with a knife and fork. This was eons ago so things may have changed.

That's probably how they eat it in Holland, too, but Jesse wants to know all about the USA!  He's excited!  Look!  A goat!  I'd think he'd be fascinated to know that we eat pizza differently here.  He said, petulantly, that he wanted to learn about New York, but Darcey didn't know anything.  News flash, Dutch Boy!  Darcey knows how to eat pizza!

• Love 9
13 minutes ago, Mothra said:

That's probably how they eat it in Holland, too, but Jesse wants to know all about the USA!  He's excited!  Look!  A goat!  I'd think he'd be fascinated to know that we eat pizza differently here.  He said, petulantly, that he wanted to learn about New York, but Darcey didn't know anything.  News flash, Dutch Boy!  Darcey knows how to eat pizza!

I'd eat pizza with a knife and fork in Amsterdam gladly , anything is better than those horrible croquettes they call their national food.  How ever the French fries with all the different sauces they have are to die for and the pancakes too!

I wonder if we will ever hear from any of Jesse's old girlfriends, it would be so interesting to hear their experiences with the Dutch Boy.

• Love 6
3 minutes ago, Baltimore Betty said:

those horrible croquettes

Croquettes?  What kind of croquettes?  Edam?  Gouda?  Tulip?  And are Dutch pancakes really Dutch?

You can tell I'm a real cosmopolitan.

• Love 1
26 minutes ago, Mothra said:

Croquettes?  What kind of croquettes?  Edam?  Gouda?  Tulip?  And are Dutch pancakes really Dutch?

You can tell I'm a real cosmopolitan.

The croquettes are mushy little deep fried chicken balls, (they reminded me of what my mother would pull out of the freezer for dinner when she didn't feel like cooking circa 1970).  The pancake and waffle love is a thing, there are more than a few places you can get them, all good, lot's of fruit and chocolate toppings.  I am very surprised that we did not see Darcy and Jesse climbing the stairs to the historic waffle house in Amsterdam.  And now that I think about it, we didn't see Jesse playing tour guide to Darcy while she was visiting him...no Anne Frank's house, no canal rides, no Rijks Museum, etc...not even daring her to eat a herring (they sell them whole and served with pickles).  We did not even see them stroll thru the red light district so Jesse can shut up about what Darcy knows about NYC.

• Love 4
57 minutes ago, Mothra said:

Jesse is such an arrogant ass! When I go to an Ethiopian restaurant, I eat with my hands. 

• Love 5
2 minutes ago, Baltimore Betty said:

The croquettes are mushy little deep fried chicken balls, (they reminded me of what my mother would pull out of the freezer for dinner when she didn't feel like cooking circa 1970).  The pancake and waffle love is a thing, there are more than a few places you can get them, all good, lot's of fruit and chocolate toppings.  I am very surprised that we did not see Darcy and Jesse climbing the stairs to the historic waffle house in Amsterdam.  And now that I think about it, we didn't see Jesse playing tour guide to Darcy while she was visiting him...no Anne Frank's house, no canal rides, no Rijks Museum, etc...not even daring her to eat a herring (they sell them whole and served with pickles).  We did not even see them stroll thru the red light district so Jesse can shut up about what Darcy knows about NYC.

Thank you for that information.  Now I know what Jesse's Food Journey in the US ought to look like.

Chicken croquettes?  Sounds like McNuggets to me!

I'm sure there's an IHOP somewhere in CT, but really to give Dutch Boy the real flavor of America in terms he can understand and appreciate, they'll need to head south, to VA at least, to a Waffle House.

And I know he'd like to go out west, to inspect our windmill farms.

On their way back, they can stop in on the Pennsylvania Dutch, for some honest-to-god Dutch cooking, donuts and all.  They might even see some goats!

God he's intolerable.

• Love 4
15 hours ago, spankydoll said:

She had intended to quit as Michael was grossed out by smoking. I don't know where your from but the health taxes and other tariffs have cigarettes priced at $12.00 a pack in Boston. It was probably much cheaper to.but them in Nigeria. Remember that Marlboro is like Coke and is an international brand with established distribution to almost evert country on the planet which may include the state of Nigeria. The cigs aren't a rare.imported.brand like Dunhill.or.Gauloise are.here.I'm the state's. Angela may just bring some back for.Christmas gifts for the kids!

All of the Americans who are abroad are dressing like oafish.rubes   

When I was younger, I would spend summers with my family in the Dominican Republic. As I smoked I would get the Marlboro reds down there. They tasted very different then the ones here. Also the Pepsi and Coke did too. 

19 hours ago, PamelaMaeSnap said:

Another NYC-born-and-bred outlier here  now living in DC where the pizza sucks ... basically weaned on Mimi's and Tony's Hav-A-Pizza in the 60s/70s (oh, and Silver Moon, way long gone). NO ONE (outside of a few Jersey suburbs) can even come close to New York pizza, no matter how much they claim to ... it HAS to not only fold but then kinda sag at the tip and drip oozing greasy cheese onto the wax paper. Extra points for pizza palate.

That said, I confess I turned my nose up a bit at the pizza they showed at ... Angelo's, was it? it didn't look big enough or thin enough or potentially gooey enough to me at first glance (I am such a pizza snob) ... but what I REALLY called foul on? WHO WHO WHO goes to a New York pizzeria, orders a full pizza, AND orders two YOOGE bowls of some sort of pasta (gnocchi, maybe? couldn't quite tell) to eat BEFORE the pizza? SACRILEGE!!!! I call BS. Or maybe it was just show for skinny Darcey and the crew got fed. 

I'm a pizza snob too. I'm from the Chicago area so you can imagine! And I would never eat it with a fork and knife unless it was stuffed or deep dish. 

• Love 2
16 hours ago, magemaud said:

I can picture Jesse holding up the pizza, smiling at the camera and saying something like, "Please bring me a knife and a fork. I can't wait to taste this Angelo's Pizza!"

And everyone in the shop looks at him and grumbles "Fucking tourist.  Fold that slice."

• Love 5
57 minutes ago, Baltimore Betty said:

I'm guessing that Darcey didn't have any interest in sightseeing.  She only wanted to be loved by Jesse!

• Love 2
2 hours ago, Morgalisa said:

I agree. Hazel is very thin and pale. And she looks unwell to me. Even though her hair is long, it is very thin. Also, she has a balding spot near her right temple. I notice that she always pulls her bangs to make sure its covered. Even at church when she was on the floor (I think) and her hair was flung about, she was holding her hair to cover that spot. Since I had spotted it, I became focused on it and draw my attention to it.

I lived in Germany for 7 years and traveled throughout Europe. I was always served thin crust pizza with a knife and fork. This was eons ago so things may have changed.

I assumed it was some kind of extensions, especially since the reddish part on top is frizzy and the black bottom part is silky and shiny. 

• Love 1
3 hours ago, Baltimore Betty said:

It may be a religious thing, not cutting her hair...her mother looked like she had a lot of hair pulled back.

Anyone notice all the colorful mylar confetti on the church floor?  Was that crazy mess their idea of a party?

I’m 99.9% certain that Hazel’s family belongs to a Pentecostal congregation, hence the long hair, the long service and its format. 

The sign that was displayed outside of the church Hazel went to read “UPC”, which stands for United Pentecostal Church. 

Kudos to the person who mentioned upthread that it was probably a Pentecostal service. (Was that you, @Pepper Mostly?) 

Once I saw Hazel’s crazy long hair, along with the previews for the service, that was my automatic assumption: it was a Pentecostal service. We’ve only seen her in dresses as well, which is another sign that she is a member of that particular faith. 

According to everyone’s favorite doc, WebMD, “There are a wide range of conditions that can bring on hair loss, with some of the most common being pregnancy, thyroid disorders, and anemia.“ 

Harpers’s Bazaar also has a great article on women’s hair loss. https://www.harpersbazaar.com/uk/beauty/hair/news/a41274/why-is-my-hair-falling-out/

The following examples are some of the reasons that contribute heavily to the loss of hair in females, which explains Hazel’s thinning hair:

-overuse of heat tools

-overuse of hair color

-frequent hair brushing

-extreme heat

-wearing hair in a ponytail 

-lifestyle (poor diet, not trimming hair)

-pregnancy 

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Bridget said:

I’m 99.9% certain that Hazel’s family belongs to a Pentecostal congregation, hence the long hair, the long service and its format. 

I worked with a women who belonged to a Pentecostal church, she was the Minister's daughter in law, her hair was way below her bottom, never had a hair cut in her life and wore only very modest dresses, I have no idea if speaking in tongues was part of their service but the long hair was a big deal.  I was a little confused about Hazel wearing a body con dress to meet Tarik, I would think she would not even own something that racy.  And living in an apartment without her parents was interesting, typically she would not live on her own until she got married and she would always have a chaperone when on a date.  So how tied in to her religion is she?

Something tells me there is waaay more to her story.

• Love 3
5 hours ago, Ijustwantsomechips said:

If she does come to the states, I hope their first stop is SuperCuts or Fantastic Sams.  A layered bob would do wonders for her.  

A thousand to one Tarik wants her hair long.

Men have a blind spot when it comes to women's hair.   Almost all of them in my experience think long hair is beautiful, yet are not attracted to women whose long hair is not beautiful and are attracted to women whose shorter hair is beautiful.  Yet they will insist that long hair is beautiful and desirable and will beg girlfriends and wives not to cut their hair.  And then if the woman cuts her hair anyway and looks better that way, the same men will like it but continue to believe that long hair is beautiful.

It's sort of like having a favorite color.  Your favorite color is not going to be beautiful in every setting, as so many girls have learned after painting their bedrooms purple or buying that pale blue prom dress that makes them look like a blue hippo.  Context is everything.

• Love 7
21 minutes ago, Baltimore Betty said:

I worked with a women who belonged to a Pentecostal church, she was the Minister's daughter in law, her hair was way below her bottom, never had a hair cut in her life and wore only very modest dresses, I have no idea if speaking in tongues was part of their service but the long hair was a big deal.  I was a little confused about Hazel wearing a body con dress to meet Tarik, I would think she would not even own something that racy.  And living in an apartment without her parents was interesting, typically she would not live on her own until she got married and she would always have a chaperone when on a date.  So how tied in to her religion is she?

Something tells me there is waaay more to her story.

I always assumed all Pentecostal services included some speaking in tongues, hence the day of Pentecost, but maybe not.  I knew it was Pentecostal as soon as I saw the clip, but she may cherry pick which tenets she follows.  I don’t know many devout Pentecostals that would date someone with little faith/not Christian. Religion-wise, they don’t seem like a good match.

And I don’t know why Tarik was acting all brand new about the church service.  Surely he knew of someone or someone in his family that was sanctified,  COGIC, full holiness, or something.  Even Baptist services in the Black community can last a few hours for special occasions.  He was just being extra.  

• Love 4
2 hours ago, Bridget said:

The sign that was displayed outside of the church Hazel went to read “UPC”, which stands for United Pentecostal Church. 

Kudos to the person who mentioned upthread that it was probably a Pentecostal service. (Was that you, @Pepper Mostly?) 

Once I saw Hazel’s crazy long hair, along with the previews for the service, that was my automatic assumption: it was a Pentecostal service. We’ve only seen her in dresses as well, which is another sign that she is a member of that particular faith. 

According to everyone’s favorite doc, WebMD, “There are a wide range of conditions that can bring on hair loss, with some of the most common being pregnancy, thyroid disorders, and anemia.“ 

Harpers’s Bazaar also has a great article on women’s hair loss. https://www.harpersbazaar.com/uk/beauty/hair/news/a41274/why-is-my-hair-falling-out/

The following examples are some of the reasons that contribute heavily to the loss of hair in females, which explains Hazel’s thinning hair:

-overuse of heat tools

-overuse of hair color

-frequent hair brushing

-extreme heat

-wearing hair in a ponytail 

-lifestyle (poor diet, not trimming hair)

-pregnancy 

Any hormone changes. I went off the pill 6 months ago after 20 years on, and my hormones are going bonkers. My hair thinned out considerably. Some time and multivitamins are helping, but it was scary for a minute. My assumption for Hazel is malnutrition and possible overwork coupled with very long hair. She's a pretty girl and if they are honest with each other about their intentions, I think they could be okay together. Tarik seems like an okay, if overly goofy, guy and she would be pretty grateful living in his home with his modest income, especially if he elevates her parents a bit.

• Love 2
20 hours ago, Kangatush said:

Speaking of things being producer driven...  I've been thinking of Jon and Lucy.  I am in no way saying there's anything improper (I think the board can be quick to jump that way), but the whole thing is weird.  Not his kid and he's only known her through Skype and pictures, but he loves her?  I know it doesn't take blood to have love, but it usually takes proximity.  And not wanting her to call him dad?  What should she call him, Jon?  Like that won't make her ask questions.  To me, fathers give you biological life, dads raise you.  Sometimes they're the same man, some times they aren't.

If he becomes her stepdad, she absolutely should call him dad.  I think people were saying that it was early for Rachel to be having the "dad" talk with Jon when it was only her second day knowing him "in person."  I'd be totally freaked out if I was single and dating a guy with a kid who was expected to call me "mom" before we had decided to commit to marriage.

There are kids who call their stepparents by their first names, but that is usually when the biological dad or mom is still in the picture.  I call my stepmother by my first name because my biological mother died.  I care for her, but she's not my mother and didn't raise me as a young child. 

• Love 5

Tarik probably spent the only 2 weeks he had online with Hazel (before deciding to go meet her in Manila) just asking her for sexy pictures so he can fantasize or masturbate.  He probably never asked her about her religion, her likes, her dreams, etc..... and taking the time to get to know her properly.  Then, these stupid people are in shock when they discover a whole different truth when they finally meet the foreign lady. He was driven by his dick.  But no worries for him, he is going to be accepted by Hazel and her family because these people have 2 religions; Christianity and the mighty American dollar!

Edited by Eric
  • Love 7

One word on the fanny packs... I have never understood why the hate on them? it is just a bag for Christ sake!... Sneakers with velcros I can understand but fanny packs? while traveling? c'mon now. They are super practical when traveling.  And they are in vogue now, I just bought one 2 weeks ago, from Nike. They are cool as fuck!

• Love 3
28 minutes ago, Eric said:

One word on the fanny packs... I have never understood why the hate on them? it is just a bag for Christ sake!... Sneakers with velcros I can understand but fanny packs? while traveling? c'mon now. They are super practical when traveling.  And they are in vogue now, I just bought one 2 weeks ago, from Nike. They are cool as fuck!

I always use fanny packs when traveling.  For nonessentials. For ID card and cash I use what a travel pouch that I purchased in Germany. Some European travelers use them.  It has a rawhide strap and you can tie it around your neck and put the pouch inside your shirt or tie around your waist and put it inside your pants. They are very handy. 

Ricky is a pick pockets dream in his. They come up and slice those off and run. I saw it happen in Romania.

• Love 5
On 8/27/2018 at 12:27 PM, Dobian said:

I thought Darcey's sister looked better than Darcey.  Her face was natural and pretty while Darcey looks like she's had work done and has that stretched look.  It looked to me like the producer was trying to suggest a threeway between Jessie and the twins the way she kept pressing him wanting to spend time with the three of them together, lol.  I have to wonder what TLC tells these people they can and can't say in their conversations.  I've noticed on this and the other show where the couples have been on multiple seasons and been together in tell-alls, that they never reference what they have obviously watched of each other on the aired episodes.  They always act like these things are being revealed to them for the first time.  Surely Stacey watched season one and is well aware of Jessie's behavior, but seems to speak like her only knowledge of Jessie and Darcey's relationship with each other is what she saw firsthand at the restaurant.

It almost seemed like Stacey was trying to upstage and compete with Darcey by demonstrating to Jesse that she was independent and confident.  Stacey was trying to come off as the Darcey upgrade, everything Jesse wanted Darcey to be. She looked and sounded like Darcey only more confident and less clingy. Stacey wanted Jesse to walk away from the dinner feeling as though he had picked the wrong sister.

Stacey has the sense not to be clingy until after the wedding.

• Love 8
On 8/29/2018 at 6:54 AM, Baltimore Betty said:

Yes, Ricky Ticky Tavi is rockin' the Fanny Pack like a dad!  However, I too am rockin' the fanny pack, it's a Kate Spade so I thought is was acceptable, it comes in handy when I need my hands free for shopping or like this past Sunday when I was watching my daughter run a 10k in Philadelphia.  My hands were free to film her and yell awkwardly "Go! Don't stop!" like a complete dufus.

Pick pockets abound in most cities, I think the FP was a secure way to keep his money safe while he toured the city by himself.  

I prefer a waist wallet. It's flat and can be worn under the shirt, undetected. And, pick pockets can't get at it. 

Fanny Packs are easy game. They just take a tiny knife and slip it open. These thieves have practiced doing it thousands of times before they go out and practice their trade and they are very adept at what they are doing. They are highly skilled and trained.  They can empty a fanny pack with surgical precision and the tourist won't even notice.

• Love 5
2 hours ago, Eric said:

Tarik probably spent the only 2 weeks he had online with Hazel (before deciding to go meet her in Manila) just asking her for sexy pictures so he can fantasize or masturbate.  He probably never asked her about her religion, her likes, her dreams, etc..... and taking the time to get to know her properly.  Then, these stupid people are in shock when they discover a whole different truth when they finally meet the foreign lady. He was driven by his dick. 

"She is super religious?  WOW!"  You know that is a question a lot of people get out of the way, especially if there is a chance of having kids together.  They arrive and act all honorable when in reality he probably has been jacking off to her, nightly.  Then he put off as she doesn't want to get busy the first night?  Tarik, Tarik, Tarik......

Jesse and Darcy can't ride in a friggin' taxi from NYC to CT without a major argument, tears, crying and hurt feelings over.......wait for it......an elbow.  Jesus Mary and Joseph Jesse, all Darcy said was "I am moving over, I am getting poked by your elbow."  Jesse went into a mild rage that was scary, like scary fast and just plain weird.  "Good Lord there is NO PLEASING YOU!!!"  Jesse, most men want their girl to be, oh I don't know......comfortable?  And not take it as an affront to them.  Then later he blamed HER:  "You make me so mad, you make me angry!!"  Classic abuser shit right there - it is all the other person's fault.

Per the whole "Let's call Jon Daddy!!!"  Rachel, SLOW YOUR ROLL.  It bugs me when people have this agenda in their head then get pouty when the other person balks.  I have been remarried for almost a year and my kids call my hubby by their first name.  He didn't raise them, takes zero credit for any of it (wise man!) and frankly it never occurred to me to ask them to call him anything BUT his first name.  Not any derivative of Dad, Papa, nothing.  Rachel, get married, let things spring organically and let Lucy take the lead.  Trust me on this one!!!

PS - Dang if that Lucy is not the cutest baby ever.

Edited by Mrs. Hanson
  • Love 8

I’m not sure Hazel herself is super religious, just that her parents are. I also don’t think her hair is long for religious reasons and just because we’ve only seen her wearing dresses, for meeting Tarik and to attend church, doesn’t mean she dresses Duggar Conservative. After all her relative said, “You look sexy, bitch!” when she came out in the red dress. 

• Love 6
52 minutes ago, magemaud said:

I’m not sure Hazel herself is super religious, just that her parents are. I also don’t think her hair is long for religious reasons and just because we’ve only seen her wearing dresses, for meeting Tarik and to attend church, doesn’t mean she dresses Duggar Conservative. After all her relative said, “You look sexy, bitch!” when she came out in the red dress. 

True - but will she be able to go against the grain and get with a guy that identifies as non religious?  That is a BIG deal to many parents, no matter what country they are from.

• Love 1
51 minutes ago, magemaud said:

She is an unwed mommy so doubt she is super religious. Her parents likely came down on her hard and marrying the rich American and supporting her family is a shot at redemption.

• Love 2
1 minute ago, sainte-chapelle said:

She is an unwed mommy so doubt she is super religious. Her parents likely came down on her hard and marrying the rich American and supporting her family is a shot at redemption.

I need to pay better attention - I missed that!!  I was so focused on that fanny pack......

• Love 2
2 hours ago, CoachWristletJen said:

I prefer a waist wallet. It's flat and can be worn under the shirt, undetected. And, pick pockets can't get at it. 

Fanny Packs are easy game. They just take a tiny knife and slip it open. These thieves have practiced doing it thousands of times before they go out and practice their trade and they are very adept at what they are doing. They are highly skilled and trained.  They can empty a fanny pack with surgical precision and the tourist won't even notice.

Yup, fanny packs are in no way secure when wandering around areas that pickpockets frequent.

• Love 1

Yes, Hazel said in a TH that she has a 6 year old who lives with his father's family, but what we don't know at this point is whether Tarik knows about the boy (or if Hazel knows about Tarik's daughter for that matter) 

edited to add: Maybe Hazel’s parents won’t care too much about Tarik’s religious preferences once she starts sending his money back home to the Philippines. 

Edited by magemaud
  • Love 4
On 8/25/2018 at 8:02 AM, configdotsys said:

She did the first time, moron that she is. Then she filed for it again and went to court and was told by either the judge or her lawyer that it would be a very long, expensive process to continue with the attempt at annulment and her chances were slim. So technically, she agreed to the divorce but it was not what she wanted. She's a delusional fucking idiot for pulling it the first time and deserves whatever misery she has.

I was under the impression that an annulment was automatic if the marriage/union wasn't consummated. Or is that 'old school' philosophy? I am surprised immigration doesn't watch these shows and come to their own conclusion that Mohammed needs to go. (Then again maybe they secretly wish Danielle was the foreigner so they could get rid of her).

On 8/21/2018 at 10:19 PM, Eric said:

I respect your point of view but  I do not see why it is a bad thing for a woman seeking a man who can provide her a better life. It happens in poorer countries and it does also happens here in America as well. Men seek beauty and youth and women seek a provider and security.,,always been. I think its a good trade of for both parties.

I am always rooting for these women to come to America, be loved, be successful and live the 'dream' but I worry that the guys who are buying/bringing them over are going to exert control to the point of abuse. These men get to decide if they work, whether they'll be mothers, who they interact with, how much $ they receive, their job is to clean and be sexually available. What if these women think they have to do everything mentioned because these men brought them over. I don't know if that's a fair trade off and I hope the guys encourage independence, but I have yet to see that happen. I shuddered when Tarik was saying he loved Hazel because she was beautiful, great body, and will be a mother to his daughter. How is that 'love'? Tarik can't even dress himself, yet he's talking about how Hazel will fit in his life and be a wife and mother. Ugh...

• Love 7
On 8/23/2018 at 11:43 AM, MegD said:

I do wonder about her age. The age of consent in Columbia is 14, but one can't work as a prostitute until 18. The US states that it will prosecute for sex abroad with individuals under 18, but that depends on the country reporting it. The town they are in, Medellin, is well known for being a major place for sex tourism, specifically, child sex tourism. There's no way she's 28 like she claims. I suspect she's right at 18 or just under it. I think it's far more likely that this is the case than she's a he or a fill in.

She attends university so I doubt she is as young as you are thinking. If university is a scam, that's on the show as both have to sign on to the show. I have friends who received braces as soon as they could afford it. I am sure the extra cash he sent may have been used in this regard. Who knows. Women in their 20's getting braces is more the norm than people realize. I do think something's going on, but more along the lines as maybe she and a friend are in cahoots. Use her picture but her friend does the corresponding. Melissa is attractive and I am sure she has more than enough men interested in her that she'll have a good marriage in her own country. It's not like she's dirt poor and from an undeveloped country.

• Love 1
On 8/23/2018 at 10:37 AM, Former Nun said:

Did she know about it?  Are we sure Jon even knew about it?

Jon was the one to suggest it and I was under the impression the pregnancy was the result of a one night stand. Given that Jon fully intended to be present for the birth, I understand why his name would go on the certificate. It bothered me that Jon suddenly is saying that Lucy shouldn't be encouraged to call him Daddy. WTH? They've been saying it the whole time they talked on the computer. I bet Jon's mom or sister suddenly planted that negative notion. Jon is the only 'dad' Lucy knows at present. 

• Love 2
On 8/22/2018 at 2:13 PM, MegD said:

Unless one is married, the mother is asked for the father's name, which she does not have to give. If she is married at the time of conception (or birth really), the husband is the presumptive father and is placed on the birth certificate, usually. Unless they have cause to question the mother about who the father actually is (like if you list "Elvis" or something), the guy can get listed on the birth certificate. Cautionary note, it's a pain in the ass to get a father back off the birth certificate if he's not the father. It requires DNA proof and the courts. But I guess little Lucy is potentially now has dual citizenship if Jon asserts that he is the father.

When my son was born, I was given the paperwork to fill out. I could have put any father's name I wanted, even though I was married. We took the paperwork home, blank, as I still wasn't sure of my boy's name. Also, I was the one who mailed the paperwork in after I filled it in. Does anyone else remember the procedure they went through with the birth of their child?

1 hour ago, Chalby said:

I was under the impression that an annulment was automatic if the marriage/union wasn't consummated. Or is that 'old school' philosophy? I am surprised immigration doesn't watch these shows and come to their own conclusion that Mohammed needs to go. (Then again maybe they secretly wish Danielle was the foreigner so they could get rid of her).

According to Danielle, it WAS consummated.  Once she made that fact public, she had to search for other grounds for annulment.  Had he wanted to, Mohammed actually could have sought an annulment due to Danielle's fraud (lying about finances, etc.).  But didn't want an annulment, as that would have been his express ticket out of the USA.  

• Love 3

Hazel seems to be only religious when she is around her parents.  she was probably kicked out from the flock when she got pregnant  I think her parents care more that he can provide her and them a better life and that he's not anti God.  Like I said before, if she marries him and goes to the US, she may be lonely and be drawn to churches she is more familiar with for fellowship and familiarity and may want TicTock to attend with her.

Edited by doyouevengohere
  • Love 4
On 8/22/2018 at 4:43 PM, lucy711 said:

Yes, I think that many people from very poor countries also try to get into European countries that are well-off with good social welfare programs. 

Well, if I were younger (I didn't have to deal with this social media/ online dating when I was 19/20) I would love to meet a fellow from Europe and have the chance to relocate! It sounds exciting and exotic, so I understand the whole appeal of someone from another country. That's one thing I don't understand. Why do these American guys always want women from the poorer countries? Why not some beautiful Spanish or French gal? 

• Love 1
45 minutes ago, Chalby said:

Why do these American guys always want women from the poorer countries? Why not some beautiful Spanish or French gal? 

Because women from poorer countries are desperate.  I can't imagine a beautiful Spanish or French gal wanting to hook up with a "grown man" who wears a backward Elmer Fudd hat and a King Tut tank top . . . especially a man who is so desperate for female companionship that he'll fly to the Philippines to meet someone he's only known online for a couple of weeks.

ETA:  We actually did have a French girl last season of BT90D:  Miriam.  Patrick had decided that he was going to take their online friendship to the next level, and flew to Paris to spend time with her.  She already had a boyfriend, although she didn't tell him that until he got to Paris.  I think Patrick was . . . and maybe still is . . . in the "friend" zone.  She didn't need him like the women we see on this show from poorer countries need their American rescuer.  

PLUS:  We had Courtney and Antonio.  She of the big gums and princess dreams.  She went to Spain (?) by her own choice to meet Antonio and start telling him how to behave with a girlfriend (which she was not).  He seemed confused and unimpressed by her.  He didn't NEED her.

Edited by AZChristian
  • Love 17
1 hour ago, AZChristian said:

Because women from poorer countries are desperate.  I can't imagine a beautiful Spanish or French gal wanting to hook up with a "grown man" who wears a backward Elmer Fudd hat and a King Tut tank top . . .

OMG!!! Your opening sentence had me laughing so hard, I needed a further 5 minutes before I could compose myself to read the rest. Great observations, btw.

• Love 2
On 8/25/2018 at 9:39 PM, spankydoll said:

Why don't you start with watching " Girls don't Cry". Then Google. I am interested in knowing how old you are and where you live that you are completely unaware of this terrible.phenomenon.  It's heartbreaking that it happens  and shocking that people are still unaware of the issue 

I saw the movie and read the book about Brandon's life. It was heartbreaking. 

• Love 3
2 hours ago, Chalby said:

It bothered me that Jon suddenly is saying that Lucy shouldn't be encouraged to call him Daddy. WTH? They've been saying it the whole time they talked on the computer.

Maybe Jon is having second thoughts after seeing Rachel in person? Of course the comments from his mother and sister might also have influenced him. Don't forget, at this point "Papa" to Lucy is Rachel's father thus her grandfather. 

• Love 1
2 hours ago, Chalby said:

When my son was born, I was given the paperwork to fill out. I could have put any father's name I wanted, even though I was married. We took the paperwork home, blank, as I still wasn't sure of my boy's name. Also, I was the one who mailed the paperwork in after I filled it in. Does anyone else remember the procedure they went through with the birth of their child?

We had the choice of several forms:

• Parents married to each other
  • Parents not married
  • Mother married to someone other than the father

In the case of the latter two, I guess you could really put whomever you wanted. Even if they wanted ID, Jon could have just sent them a copy. There are military fathers, incarcerated dads and others who probably are just gone for whatever reason during the birth and there has to be a way to acknowledge them. I'm sure they could have done whatever those parents do.

Also, hi y'all! I just discovered this whole 90 day world at the end of the Happily Ever After season. I was home sick, got addicted to this and now I can't stop myself. 

• Love 5
On 8/27/2018 at 7:07 PM, cherenkov said:

Really bad bolt on tits and makeup applied with a putty knife, definitely.

I have to ask this... are you a woman? The only time I have read such crude, body-shaming observations like this are usually from a man. A man who only sees T & A, rather than the young woman who represents more than breasts and makeup.

• Love 2
24 minutes ago, magemaud said:

Maybe Jon is having second thoughts after seeing Rachel in person? Of course the comments from his mother and sister might also have influenced him. Don't forget, at this point "Papa" to Lucy is Rachel's father thus her grandfather. 

True, but don't you recall how they'd facetime each other on a daily basis and he'd say, let me see Lucy. She plunk Lucy on her lap saying there's daddy... Yet now that she's in England, 8 months of 'Daddy' is not appropriate? Something's up. Once Jon asked for Lucy to have his name, and began paying her daycare - he became DADDY. (I have to add that Lucy is the most easygoing, lovely little baby a non-related potential father could ever wish for.)

• Love 2
1 minute ago, Chalby said:

True, but don't you recall how they'd facetime each other on a daily basis and he'd say, let me see Lucy. She plunk Lucy on her lap saying there's daddy... Yet now that she's in England, 8 months of 'Daddy' is not appropriate? Something's up. Once Jon asked for Lucy to have his name, and began paying her daycare - he became DADDY. (I have to add that Lucy is the most easygoing, lovely little baby a non-related potential father could ever wish for.)

It also could be producer fueled drama. Maybe when they met they really liked each other, no drama? Of course that won't work for the show so let make some up! 

• Love 2
On 8/25/2018 at 3:45 PM, OrchidThief said:

I'm honestly not trying to be acerbic, but can you give an example from a mainstream news outlet? 

Perhaps not murder, but assaulting the transgendered was so common only a few years back, it was hardly deemed newsworthy. It occurred as often as the gay bashing. In many of our larger cities, you only need to visit your local police station to view the list of assault charges. Fortunately, it's the popularity of our beloved reality shows that has helped publicize the obstacles the trans community has faced.

• Love 1
On 8/26/2018 at 7:43 PM, hisbunkie said:

Actually, “marionette lines” are treated with fillers, not Botox.

I get Botox for mine.  Prevents the corners of the mouth from pulling downwards and prevents my perma-frown.  Definitely erases (temporarily) the marionette llines.

• Love 2
On 8/21/2018 at 8:13 AM, Booger666 said:

I just checked the TLC website to make sure I was remembering it correctly.  You may have missed it as it is in the previews, right after he calls her fat.  

Angela's response was so over the top I can only see this relationship (and any man's relationship with her) going nowhere fast. She told him several times how self-conscious she is about shopping because she's overweight. She specifically told him she didn't want a salesclerk holding up, and stretching out, an outfit because everyone may see just how big a size she needs, etc. Rather than dance around the elephant in the room, he simply states to the clerk not to hold anything up because Angela's feelings about being fat. My goodness, the 3 letter word she keeps saying is suddenly an abusive profanity that merits Michael a slap. He did not announce it to the store or the shoppers - he was relating Angela's worry to the clerk. When will people realize 'fat' does not have to equate 'hideous'. I think of times I have simply said to a clerk, "Nah., I am too fat for that style". It's just my truth.

• Love 3
On 8/29/2018 at 7:48 AM, LocalGovt said:

She can't say she's pregnant, otherwise he'd "know." So she does the  next best thing: pushes him to start a family, and after he agrees, she "magically" becomes pregnant. And her - and Paul's -  baby is born very premature.

Like Phaedra Parks

• Love 3