Type keyword(s) to search

S07.E05: Trouble in Paradise

• Start Topic

2 minutes ago, Mercolleen said:

The more I watch, the more I am on Team Amber. She needs someone with a sense of humor. Dave is not that person.

Favorite quote from Child Bobby: "When whatever happens, happens, it happens."

Danielle's eyebrows stay on in the shower! Amazing!

Mia is a lying liar who lies. "It makes perfect sense why Mia's story changed over time," Dr. Jessica? Really?

My closed captioning is entertaining me with multiple "[ominous chord strikes]." Oh, wait, a "suspenseful" chord just struck during Tristan's meeting with Pastor Cal.

Mine too! I laughed at that.

• Love 4

Tristan...Mia better be sedating you with her body...all 6 foot 8inches of you...

Every night you should be so relaxed and sedated from her expressions of love that you float into oblivion...

Your nickname for her bedtime administrations to you is NYQUIL...

The evening isn't done until all your butter is melted....

Use her like she is using you.

Edited by humbleopinion
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, aphroditewitch said:

There is something incredibly shady and immature about a 37 year old man who is still friends with guys who trash women they date. 

That's ok cuz he's married to a 37 year old that still gets sloppy drunk. ?

In all fairness, Amber is coming off pretty well. She has a good attitude about everything.

• Love 6

Dave is coming off as an anal retentive, priss so Amber looks like the calm one when in reality her stress level will be through the roof when Dave goes back to the gym...

Dave has already been texting his bros who have been doing reconnaissance for him at Lifetime gym...tracking when the gym guy has been going to workout so Dave can avoid him and sidestep that awkward convo that yes, he is Amber's husband...

Don't make Dave have to fight you......

Edited by humbleopinion
  • Love 4
3 hours ago, humbleopinion said:

In the show Seinfeld, a main theme was Jerry's inability to commit because no matter how terrific the person he was dating...he would eventually find the deal breaker and end the relationship...

That is our buddy, Dave...he's got his get out of jail free card so he is going to enjoy the rest of the experiment.

He feels he has the upper hand.

I am counting on Amber to use her bag o' tricks and get Dave to fall in love with her.

In real life, Dave would have already bolted like the roadrunner...meep...meep

But he is contractually bound to this basic cable show for at least 6 weeks for Amber to cast her spell....

The problem is, I don't think Amber has a bag of tricks. She seems pretty real and straightforward. For example, Amber never pretended to be virginal. Dave has been "getting some" for longer than any of the others, and he's already bored with her.

If Amber was still withholding sex, I bet Dave wouldn't have thrown that hissy fit about salsa dancing. He'd still want to please her. But being one of those guys for whom the "conquest" is the important part, I don't think he would stay with any woman (marriage or not!) unless she's extremely skilled at manipulation.

Edited by Crazy Bird Lady
  • Love 6
4 hours ago, aphroditewitch said:

Dave is a jerk with a million excuses. He was not married before because he had to find something wrong with every woman he dated. Even if Amber hadn't previously dated his friend, he would have found something else to complain about. There is something incredibly shady and immature about a 37 year old man who is still friends with guys who trash women they date. Another failing on the part of the so-called experts. 

He should have been matched with Mia! Only an extremely manipulative woman who keeps him on a string could possibly keep that man's interest for long after they had sex.

But no, the "experts" matched him with a honest and straightforward person who never pretended to be a sexual innocent. Dave "got some" before any of the other guys did, and at first he seemed happy about that. But, once the thrill of winning "first conquest" wore off, he found himself married to a woman who happily enjoys sex, and happens to have enjoyed it with someone else at the gym they both happen to go to. [I notice Dave has never offered to simply join another gym with Amber, and avoid the embarrassment altogether.] And --oh, the horror! She dared to ask him to join her in taking a salsa dancing class. Not only that, but she's less religious than he is. And one of these days soon, she'd like to have children...

Edited by Crazy Bird Lady
  • Love 8

Did anyone else catch Mia talking about "making it up to him" because she made Tristan miss the honeymoon in Mexico?  I guess we all know now what she meant by that....

I don't blame Tristan for staying with her as much as I blame the experts.  He wants it to work out, and probably doesn't want to be embarrassed by having to tell everyone he knows that he was hooked up with a criminal and they didn't even make it a week.  He really didn't have any good options here.  I just hope they paid him well for staying.  And unfortunately, he'll find out the hard way that he should have gotten out when he had the chance, even though it would have been tough to face his friends and family.  

The "experts", on the other hand, are all complete jerks.  Especially Dr. Jessica...I couldn't believe all the excuses she was making for Mia, and how easily she let her off the hook for her criminal activity.  Not to mention the fact that Mia had lied to them (not just Tristan) when she claimed the charges were completely false.  Dr. Jessica should have been a criminal defense attorney, since she clearly sucks at this job.  I couldn't believe that 3 well-educated adults were so eager to accept her side of the story; they made themselves look completely ridiculous for just accepting her lame explanations and moving Mia and Tristan along in their marriage.  Now they have a clean start for the next episode.  I have a feeling this is the last time we'll hear much about it until the reunion special, and I guess we're all supposed to just forgive and forget...

• Love 11

Mia continually hugs Tristan like he is her father or brother or a best bud - even in bed, her head was down, she couldn't look at him.  Of course we know why, but why is he so dumb?

• Love 7
8 hours ago, Lily247 said:

Omg.... that salsa class. What is David's problem... if I were amber I would run immediately. He definitely is just not a happy person. I never even saw him crack a smile. I am surprised by how normal Amber is acting so far. Despite her googly eyed breathless expressions, she actually is very together and has been seemingly very pleasant. Not even when he weirdly wouldnt salsa dance. I get it that a lot of jock-y type guys would consider salsa flamboyant but hes obviously not comfortable stepping outside his comfort zone even an inch. 

I feel like Bobby's whole look and persona come from the early 1990s... from the haircut to the clothes. Strange. 

Mia had to admit to the world that she stalked a guy at least three times, is crazy and obsessive. Not easy ! Maybe that's why she had sex with him without further ado. Did she actually say shed never been that physical with anyone? After lying about not being crazy ? 

Yeah, she said that as she was dabbing the nonexistent tears from her eyes. If so, that's a whole new level of crazy. If she was that obsessed with someone she had never been intimate with, what's going to happen now that Pandora's box has been opened? Tristan might want to watch his back if he decides to split after the experiment. She's shown that she's capable of stalking, harassment, and fraudulent credit card use. The parish declined to extradite, but does that mean the charges have been dropped and all is forgiven? Or is it possible that if she re-enters Louisiana and has contact with the police that she could be arrested again? Also, I'd love to know why they haven't shown him reaching out to his mum or any family during this ordeal. My parents or grandmother would be the first people I'd contact.

Edited by AussieBabe
  • Love 9
13 minutes ago, MV713 said:

Mia continually hugs Tristan like he is her father or brother or a best bud - even in bed, her head was down, she couldn't look at him.  Of course we know why, but why is he so dumb?

Ugghh, right? He was kissing her on top of the head, and she was all curled up on his chest too, when they were in bed. Poor little Mia. The world just doesn't understand her! You can bet if they stay together for the show, as soon as the camera's are off for good batshit psycho Mia will come back out with a vengeance. 

• Love 4
56 minutes ago, SkaterMcSkateyFace said:

The "experts", on the other hand, are all complete jerks.  Especially Dr. Jessica...I couldn't believe all the excuses she was making for Mia, and how easily she let her off the hook for her criminal activity.  Not to mention the fact that Mia had lied to them (not just Tristan) when she claimed the charges were completely false.  Dr. Jessica should have been a criminal defense attorney, since she clearly sucks at this job.  I couldn't believe that 3 well-educated adults were so eager to accept her side of the story; they made themselves look completely ridiculous for just accepting her lame explanations and moving Mia and Tristan along in their marriage. 

They're just proving themselves. It's glaringly obvious, this season especially, how they are only 'experts' at being TV personalities (& not even doing a great job at that anymore).

• Love 4
3 hours ago, Blissfool said:

In all fairness, Amber is coming off pretty well. She has a good attitude about everything.

Agreed!  Amber has had a great attitude about everything so far.  She’s been positive and open.  Dave seems to really like her sense of humor and I rarely see her without a smile on her face.  Unfortunately, she was matched with dour Dave.  She deserves someone as positive and optimistic as she seems to be.

• Love 7
6 hours ago, CafeAuLait said:

Too late. Mia's manipulating ass figured out she needed to consummate the marriage to lessen the possibility of an annulment.  Bitch knows exactly what she's doing - with her lying ass.

I don't put this all on Mia at all.  Folks here make it look like Mia's some kind of magical love goddess and men just lose their minds over her.  

I think Tristan is somewhat to blame because I'm sure that if Mia looked like say...Shawnice or Shelia, he wouldn't be so quick so say, "I'm in love." 

Mia may not be beautiful, but she has straight hair, light skin and more European than African features and that's what I think has snared Tristan.

Also, when you think about it, the experts gave everybody here exactly what they wanted.  

Edited by Neurochick
  • Love 3
24 minutes ago, aphroditewitch said:

Dr. Jessica is massively unprofessional. None of what she tells couples is helpful or constructive. And if the rumor about her and Jon is true, she should be facing an ethics probe. 

What rumor?  John who?

Jon Francetic... from last season...Molly's hairy ex husband who repelled her physically and sexually but otherwise were completely compatible...

Jon posted a picture of him and Dr. Jessica enjoying fruity drinks in their swim attire...

Think it is a tease for Married at First Sight Island.....the new spin off show...

Edited by humbleopinion
  • Love 4

Meanwhile, the Blands had sex....

Mailman Bobby (apologies to Karl Malone) and Danielle had sex and Danielle was happy to trumpet that a size 6 ring size was enough man  for her....Mazel tov!

The audience learns Mailman Bobby doesn't need fancy lingerie to get his rocks off...a big soft T shirt on his lady will keep sex spontaneous and not planned.

The thought of having sex with either of them depresses me....

• Love 9

I just don't understand why the "experts" and Tristan are accepting the new version of a lie that Mia is giving them.  Once someone lies about such an important issue, they have proved that they are a...liar.  Oh, but this time it must be true... And, Dr. Jessica with her "thank you for telling us the truth" uh, how exactly does she figure that Mia is now telling the truth?  Ridiculous.  Instead of talking with Mia, Dr. Jessica should have gotten out her laptop and googled Mia (even better with Mia sitting there).  I agree with others that Mia had sex with Tristan in order to soften what would be the new version of her lie.  Although I don't necessarily support much of what Dave does, I so back him 100% with his statement that he would have gone to see an annulment lawyer.  There may be a lot of pressure applied to the participants to stay in the marriage until decision day, but what is the price of one's dignity?

• Love 9

Don't forget Tristan was also going to get arrested along with Mia because he appeared to be absconding her out of the country...

Say what!?...Tristan was very close to getting  handcuffed as a conspirator to help her flee the country....

If the production crew hadn't been with him, Tristan would have been sitting in the DFW Airport Jail  and then transported and booked at the Tarrant County Jail until one of his friends or family bailed him out...

Don't shoot...I'm on a basic cable TV show.....Lifetime ...It's near the Hallmark Movie channels.....

• Love 12

Dave is just a broey bro. Starting with inviting his bros to the wedding brunch instead of his family. He may have issues with his parents but he seems like the type that only wants to hang with the bros. He hangs out at the gym and discusses other bros sexual exploits with chicks, man. Hence he knew about Amber and this other bro from a couple years ago and what went down with them. That he can't take. It's a real blow to his ego. He doesn't seem fun or like he is able to laugh at himself. He's tense and on edge. He hated the salsa dancing because it wasn't a manly activity. He's done. He's just going through the motions. Sorry, Amber. You're going to have to find someone else to have babies with.

What to say about Mia? She's a lying liar and fakey fake to boot. The stalking and credit card fraud are bad enough but she's still lying. When she told Tristan that she didn't know who the guy was and that her stuff was stolen she lied with such ease. Didn't faze her at all. She's a pathological liar. I'm sure she's enabled by her Daddy who spoils her, bails her out of jams, and tells her she is special. The religious act is fake too. She's a hot mess. I hope Tristan is happy with his fifteen minutes of fame by choosing to stay on the remainder of this season's train wreck and opts for divorce at the end of the eight weeks. 

Bobby and Danielle. Danielle is going to get bored with him as soon as the show ends. The marriage may last a few months at that.

Edited by Matty
  • Love 5
13 minutes ago, humbleopinion said:

Don't forget Tristan was also going to get arrested along with Mia because he appeared to be absconding her out of the country...

Say what!?...Tristan was very close to getting  handcuffed as a conspirator to help her flee the country....

If the production crew hadn't been with him, Tristan would have been sitting in the DFW Airport Jail  and then transported and booked at the Tarrant County Jail until one of his friends or family bailed him out...

Don't shoot...I'm on a basic cable TV show.....Lifetime ...It's near the Hallmark Movie channels.....

That is a very good point.  Maybe though, that's why Tristan might believe Mia.  I mean there has been so much shit in the news recently of white people calling the cops of black and brown people for all types of nonsense.  I mean there are many stories of black people arrested for basically no reason.  

Well, I might believe that, IF Mia had said in the beginning that it was all bullshit, that her ex called the cops on her for no reason.  That's not what she said, she said she didn't know her ex, then she said she knew "of" him.  

Still, I'm a bit surprised that the cops arrested Mia.  The reason I'm surprised is because there's a case now in NYC of a man who killed a nurse.  He stole her credit cards and went to California and was caught in the act of nearly killing another woman.  He'd also strangled another woman who DID call the cops on him.  My point is, this dude could have fled the country and no one would have stopped him, yet they stopped Mia.  Just makes me wonder.

• Love 1
3 hours ago, AussieBabe said:

Yeah, she said that as she was dabbing the nonexistent tears from her eyes. If so, that's a whole new level of crazy. If she was that obsessed with someone she had never been intimate with, what's going to happen now that Pandora's box has been opened?

Ok... this is so bizarre.  So Mia is subtly claiming to have been a virgin of sorts (not believable anyways). I assumed the show wouldnt allow virgins... and if they played along with her ridiculous lie, why wasnt it elaborated ? It was so casually said. Mia is one bizarre character. She seems like a bubbly Bible thumper, plus a lunatic stalker on the side. And now a faux virgin. But she is funny and has a sense of humor about it all. 

• Love 2
1 hour ago, humbleopinion said:

Jon Francetic... from last season...Molly's hairy ex husband who repelled her physically and sexually but otherwise were completely compatible...

Jon posted a picture of him and Dr. Jessica enjoying fruity drinks in their swim attire...

Think it is a tease for Married at First Sight Island.....the new spin off show...

Oh WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   That sounds really unethical!!  Jon was a client!  She can't do that!!  Where did he post the pic?   

9 minutes ago, Lily247 said:

Ok... this is so bizarre.  So Mia is subtly claiming to have been a virgin of sorts (not believable anyways). I assumed the show wouldnt allow virgins... and if they played along with her ridiculous lie, why wasnt it elaborated ? It was so casually said. Mia is one bizarre character. She seems like a bubbly Bible thumper, plus a lunatic stalker on the side. And now a faux virgin. But she is funny and has a sense of humor about it all. 

Now, that is a Lifetime movie and/or Law & Order: SVU episode!! 

• Love 2

Mia said she had never been as physically intimate with anyone as she had with Tristan....snort!

Mia is...please, arms up to make air quotes with me..."a virgin" when she got married to Tristan.

Ameea uses her Bible study group as proof she is a good person.

Bet the ladies of her Bible study group are having a great time gathering on Tuesdays night to watch the show together... guffawing at Mia's fall from grace with a chorus  of....Bless her heart.....

The ladies don't suffer fools gladly.....

Doubtful anyone has started a prayer chain for her.....

• Love 3
25 minutes ago, Neurochick said:

That is a very good point.  Maybe though, that's why Tristan might believe Mia.  I mean there has been so much shit in the news recently of white people calling the cops of black and brown people for all types of nonsense.  I mean there are many stories of black people arrested for basically no reason.  

Well, I might believe that, IF Mia had said in the beginning that it was all bullshit, that her ex called the cops on her for no reason.  That's not what she said, she said she didn't know her ex, then she said she knew "of" him.  

Still, I'm a bit surprised that the cops arrested Mia.  The reason I'm surprised is because there's a case now in NYC of a man who killed a nurse.  He stole her credit cards and went to California and was caught in the act of nearly killing another woman.  He'd also strangled another woman who DID call the cops on him.  My point is, this dude could have fled the country and no one would have stopped him, yet they stopped Mia.  Just makes me wonder.

He wasn't trying to leave at an airport/border crossing that is on the lookout.  He went to California and was ahead of the authorities so yes, scarily, he could've gotten away had he been faster.  Mia's charges had been there for a few months so authorities knew to look for her name(s).

• Love 1
6 minutes ago, humbleopinion said:

Mia said she had never been as physically intimate with anyone as she had with Tristan....snort!

Mia is...please, arms up to make air quotes with me..."a virgin" when she got married to Tristan.

Ameea uses her Bible study group as proof she is a good person.

Mia's claiming to be a born again virgin?  Like that ex stripper I dated who claimed that, now that she's a Christian, I had to wait until marriage?  Or is she claiming to be an actual virgin prior to Tristan? 

I can't wait to see her blow up when someone - anyone - calls her out on her BS.

I have been lurking and reading these forums for a loooong time, but this season I had to finally jump in because I am so disgusted by the "experts", particularly "Dr. Jessica". I cannot believe this is the same woman who, last season, was raking Molly over the coals and telling her to STOP LYING! But this season, what happens with Mia, who is not only lying but is a freaking criminal -she gives her a pass!

Oh wait, I guess she has no interest in hooking up with Tristan, so.......

• Love 16
19 minutes ago, Ilovepie said:

I am so disgusted by the "experts", particularly "Dr. Jessica". I cannot believe this is the same woman who, last season, was raking Molly over the coals and telling her to STOP LYING! But this season, what happens with Mia, who is not only lying but is a freaking criminal -she gives her a pass!

I so agree with this.  I was shocked how namby-pamby she was with Mia after she went all hard ass on Molly.  "First thing...how ARE you, Mia" with just the most worried expression.  And Pastor Cal....c'mon, this guy has a built in bullshit detector, and he's meekly going along with her story?  I know it's easy to blame the experts, and they were doing some MAJOR CYA last night, but I don't for a minute believe they bought her story.  No way.  They were probably furious with her and scared to death for the show.  It was Tristan, IMO, that bailed them out.  He doesn't want to look bad.  That, and she gave him some tail.    I am being generous that she goes 3 more episodes before another lie is discovered, and at that point he will bail.

• Love 5
54 minutes ago, humbleopinion said:

If Mia's lips are moving she's lying.....

In Mia's crazy mixed up Deny...Deny...Deny  go-to defense mind.....of course, she's a virgin in her mind.....

Her virginity is "her reality".

• Love 1
3 hours ago, aphroditewitch said:

Dr. Jessica is massively unprofessional. None of what she tells couples is helpful or constructive. And if the rumor about her and Jon is true, she should be facing an ethics probe. 

What rumor about Dr. Jessica and Jon?  Don’t tell me they hooked up?

• Love 1

Last June, Jon tweeted a picture of himself and Dr. Jessica drinking umbrellaed tropical drinks while in their swim wear.

It was taken down after we discovered it...

Thinking it is a tease for the new spin off show Married at First Sight Island....

Dr. Jessica has too many Lifetime shows that she is starring in to jeopardize with a fling with Jon...

5 minutes ago, humbleopinion said:

Last June, Jon tweeted a picture of himself and Dr. Jessica drinking umbrellaed tropical drinks while in their swim wear.

It was taken down after we discovered it...

Thinking it is a tease for the new spin off show Married at First Sight Island....

Dr. Jessica has too many Lifetime shows that she is starring in to jeopardize with a fling with Jon...

Oh, o.k. Thanks.  I don’t know what to believe with this show lately.  Not liking this season at all.

• Love 1
3 hours ago, Lily247 said:

The show has turned down other participants who were virgins which is why last night's assertion that she "had never been that physical with anyone before [Tristan]" was so left field. In her mind, she might be one. Mia lies with ease, and that's scary. She was able to sleep next to him every night knowing she was lying and still smiled in his face and laughed like everything was OK. That's insane. Where's the BAU from Criminal Minds when you need a profile on somebody? I'd love to know how the writers would explain Mia. 

• Love 6

I think that this show is giving Mia just enough rope to hang herself.  If the experts had called her out on her lying, she would have made herself into a huge victim and they didn't want that.  I'm certain she and Tristan won't last the 8 weeks.  He'll find something else that she lied about soon enough.

• Love 8

I think I need to go back and watch Mia's fake victim spiel again about being a virgin since next week she says she has lived with a man before, those two things do not really go together. I also swear she said her stalking victim was a brief rebound fling yet from pics on the internet they dated for a least a year and she attended family events and went to church with him and his family.

Mia really does talk in circles, the more she talks the more confusing the story gets.

• Love 8
21 hours ago, humbleopinion said:

Bet dollars to doughnuts that Mia still did not let Tristan kiss her on the mouth........just boink....

No they kissed on the mouth - I was having similar thoughts but then they showed it :)

20 hours ago, Marsh said:

Why didn't he leave when she got arrested...  And now she lied to him about it!?  That's the problem, they all care so much about how they look on tv and not about their marriages.  That's why they go to sleep with makeup on.  Hey Dave you have a sweaty shirt, so what get over it and dance, YOU JUST GOT MARRIED shouldn't you be excited about it.  Feel bad for Amber, that won't last.

My thoughts during his baby fit here were "Doesn't he realize how bad he is going to look on TV?"

10 hours ago, Empress1 said:

I did like that he put the underselling of religion on him and not the experts - if all he said was "I can't date an atheist," that's a VERY big window that Amber fits into. 

I blame the experts.  The other part of that conversation they showed was him saying "I don't go to church every week."  Which implies that he goes to church.  And that conversation must have been longer than we saw.  I can't believe any of them thought that "no atheists" meant he'd be fine with  Hindu, Buddhist, etc.  I can tell from the brief bit we were shown that he wanted someone who'd go to church but wasn't a fanatic about it.  So matching him with someone who dislikes organized religion was a fail.

4 hours ago, Lily247 said:

Remember Pepper pulling her virginal bow-butt thong from her underwear drawer?  :D

11 minutes ago, crazychicken said:

I think I need to go back and watch Mia's fake victim spiel again about being a virgin since next week she says she has lived with a man before, those two things do not really go together. I also swear she said her stalking victim was a brief rebound fling yet from pics on the internet they dated for a least a year and she attended family events and went to church with him and his family.

My take on this particular tale was that she had dated the stalkee, and when they broke up had a rebound relationship.  I didn't understand how that led to multiple counts of stalking and CC fraud, but if her "husband" and all "experts" believed her, who am I to say nay?  hahaha

• Love 1

I didn't get that she rebounded with a different person...I gathered she rebounded from Jared by her acting out in a criminal manner...stalking, buying him a Christmas iphone with 2 protection plans with his credit card....

Then she just jabbered nonsense with vocal fry.... talking lower and lower until she trails off.....until you don't what the hell she was talking about

The kiss...

Yes, there was ONE smacking lip to lip kiss when they were both in the white robes at the downtown Dallas minimoon.....that lip smacker was for the camera...Tristan was being rewarded for not leaving her....

Mia said she owed sexy time as pay back to Tristan....

Pay back sex? I thought you two loved each other....

Edited by humbleopinion
  • Love 9
6 hours ago, Neurochick said:

I think Tristan is somewhat to blame because I'm sure that if Mia looked like say...Shawnice or Shelia, he wouldn't be so quick so say, "I'm in love." 

I have a feeling if it were Shawnice or Sheila, Tristan would have bailed.  After all, he specifically said that he didn't want a woman who is darker than him.   Karma is a bitch!

• Love 4

This show is absolutely frustrating.  Why are these so called “experts” giving Mia a pass on flat out LYING to Tristan and to them? Oh y’all had sex, and Tristan is in love so all is well? Come on now!  They don’t see the red flags? It is not in either Mia or Tristan’s best interest to keep up this charade.

Admit you made a huge mistake and let them off the hook.  Geez. What these folks will do for the sake of their show.

On a separate note, fun to see my office in the background when they checked into The Magnolia Hotel downtown. 

• Love 5
1 minute ago, Adeejay said:

I have a feeling if it were Shawnice or Sheila, Tristan would have bailed.  After all, he specifically said that he didn't want a woman who is darker than him.   Karma is a bitch!

Everybody has a right to their own physical preference.  The problem is when physical attributes are number one on your list so you don't give a shit about anything else.   I don't know if that's true with Tristan.  I read that article about Pastor Calvin on the spoilers thread, and he said that it's hard finding black people who want to marry other black people.  And that it was also hard to find white people who wanted to marry black people.  If Tristan did say that someone being lighter than he was #1 then yes, it is Karma.

• Love 2
8 hours ago, AussieBabe said:

Yeah, she said that as she was dabbing the nonexistent tears from her eyes. If so, that's a whole new level of crazy. If she was that obsessed with someone she had never been intimate with, what's going to happen now that Pandora's box has been opened? Tristan might want to watch his back if he decides to split after the experiment. She's shown that she's capable of stalking, harassment, and fraudulent credit card use. The parish declined to extradite, but does that mean the charges have been dropped and all is forgiven? Or is it possible that if she re-enters Louisiana and has contact with the police that she could be arrested again? Also, I'd love to know why they haven't shown him reaching out to his mum or any family during this ordeal. My parents or grandmother would be the first people I'd contact.

I thought she was saying she’d never gotten physical *this soon* with someone- not that she was a virgin. It was kind of under her breath, because tears, but that was my take on it. 

• Love 17

I laughed when Mia was talking about wanting a relationship with unconditional love. Marriage is definitely conditional! Conditional on one person not being a lying criminal who lies, for one thing. She probably meant someone who would just let her do what she wants without questioning her.

I'd love to hear what Tristan's mom thinks about the arrest.

Amber is surprisingly a sympathetic character. Dave is a humorless man child. He was so quick to ask if she wanted out because of their religious differences. He has one foot out the door. She deserves better, bad hair and all.

• Love 17
36 minutes ago, MJS said:

I thought she was saying she’d never gotten physical *this soon* with someone- not that she was a virgin. It was kind of under her breath, because tears, but that was my take on it. 

That might have been what she said. My captions didn't pick it up. It should've been asked why they rushed into intimacy after such...bizarre circumstances and no type of counselling. Any half-brained professional knows sex can cloud judgement.

• Love 1
41 minutes ago, MJS said:

Yes, that's what she said, "this soon."  I wonder if that's true.

I think what bothers people about this show is that these are real people the show is playing with and these real people have to deal with real consequences when filming stops.  What if Mia starts stalking Tristan when all of this is over?  What will his recourse be?  He probably wouldn't be able to sue the show, I'm sure they sign so many papers, stating the show isn't responsible for anything that happens. 

That's the thing about reality TV, these aren't characters on a show.

• Love 5
44 minutes ago, MJS said:

The exchange I'm referencing is between 37:31 and 37:40 of the commercial free download of the show.

Jessica and Mia are talking and it goes:

Mia: "I just feel bad for Tristan.  He's my rock.  I've (or I'm) been (or being) more physical than I ever would in any other relationship ever." 

Jessica: "So, that means something."  pause  "And, has there been any sort of sexual intimacy?"

Mia: "Yes."

• Love 1
23 minutes ago, Jack Sampson said:

Mia: "I just feel bad for Tristan.  He's my rock.  I've (or I'm) been (or being) more physical than I ever would in any other relationship ever." 

Seeing this quote now, I think she may be talking about the way she's been hanging all over the guy.

1 hour ago, princelina said:

22 hours ago, Marsh said:

Why didn't he leave when she got arrested...  And now she lied to him about it!?  That's the problem, they all care so much about how they look on tv and not about their marriages.  That's why they go to sleep with makeup on.  Hey Dave you have a sweaty shirt, so what get over it and dance, YOU JUST GOT MARRIED shouldn't you be excited about it.  Feel bad for Amber, that won't last.

My thoughts during his baby fit here were "Doesn't he realize how bad he is going to look on TV?"

Not a Dave fan, but I think he was doing something he doesn't like & feels self conscious about with a camera crew filming & probably doing 100 takes.  They obviously were enjoying his discomfort, questioning him about it & doing close ups of his sweat (really? we can see it). I also get the feeling he's uncomfortable in front of the cameras, in general.

The nature of filming something stressful (the marriage & everything else required of them), is not everyone is going to shine under these circumstances.

I also can't stand the forced interactions between the couples, & in particular the nonsense 'acting' by them during the phone calls with Tristan & Mia. There's no doubt they knew what was up, or at least something about it.

The show is playing more than usual this season.

Edited by gonecrackers
added thought
  • Love 3