Type keyword(s) to search

S10.E01: Andi Meets Some Bohunks

• Start Topic

The matchmaking series' 10th season kicks off with Andi Dorfman meeting 25 potential suitors. Meanwhile, a past "Bachelorette" cast member tries to crash the party. By the end of the evening, the field is pared to 19 men. The episode is dedicated to contestant Eric Hill, who died April 23, 2014, from injuries sustained in a paragliding accident.

The name of the episode is killing me. I just mentioning Sixteen Candles in the Movie section recently.

Long Duk Dong says:

"She at the church. She getting married to oily bohunk."

• Love 3

Fun start to the season.

I thought Andi was very natural & welcoming to the guys. Much less stiff than Dez was. The dress was
stunning & she looked beautiful.

The guys were really cute, even the goofy ones.  Very bittersweet to see Eric.  His talk with Andi about his travels
sounded a little sales-like though. 

She's got a lot of seriously good looking guys.  Lots of smooth talkers too, no doubt. 

Love the cookie tasting from Marquel. Smart guy to get some carbs in to counteract all the boozing.  BWAH! The
black & white cookie was great. 

Lots more "activities" than we usually see.  And I noticed a few guys drinking coffee. 

The Bukowski was hilarious.  He brought roses? Heeheehee!  He looked just as shifty and shady as usual. 
He really tried to sell the man-pain, but obviously nobody bought it.  Andi looked appalled with the
crashing.  Good for her by not letting him in.  You could tell Chris Harrison wanted to laugh in his face. 

Lots of bummed faces when that first impression rose went to Nick.  Except his, of course. 

Wow, Josh B. was a little bag of sunshine, wasn't he?  Andi missed out....*LOL*

Good first night. I'm looking forward to this. Looks like some really good drama coming up!!

Since when is this show about finding love?  What a load of crap.  Hated it.  Worst moments were hard to specify since the whole show sucked but Chris coming back  stalking her was so weird and forced. Oh, and when did Andi start saying "Ya'all" every five fucking seconds? This show is so dumb.  Definitely not staying home just to watch this shitfest if there is something else is happening. I hated the longhairs and I guess so did Andi since they're all gone. 

Hey ramble, my most favorite quotable eighties movie!  Ahem...  "No more yankie my wankie -- the dongah need food!"  "Chug a lug Pooh Bear!"  And my most favorite that I share with my very best friend to this day.... "I don't do that..."  "Yes, you do."  "I know!"

• Love 1

Andi and her DeAnna style meltdown in the previews was my favorite thing about the night. 

Her guys are actually decent. Marquel is my favorite. Gorgeous, sweet and charming. Eric seemed really sweet. Josh M. has crazy eyes. Chris the farmer is adorable! Chris B. can just go away now so of course he will be on Bachelor in Paradise.

(edited)

Regarding the episode : Andi is really beautiful and her guys are fine looking for the most part. 

I was really surprised that Cody made it through the first night : http://abc.go.com/shows/the-bachelorette/cast/10-bachelor-cody (damn ! He looks like Sean iher !). Too much tan, his hair are ridiculous imho and it's seems impossible for him to find a fitted suit for the first night. THE FIRST NIGHT !!!! Potentially his only night... But hey, he seems to stick around a bit so better get used to proteins/nocookiesever guy.

Josh B., the bitter guy at the end, gave flashes of Stuart from TBBT without the puppy eyes. Selfpity is not an attractive look Josh. 

Team Marquel for the time being, based only on gluttony and his dashing smile !

Edited by Rhondinella
off-topic; complaints about boards
  • Love 2

It is a horrible sign when the traditional best episode of the season ends up being a snoozefest.

The two things I liked most:

1. "May I approach the Bachelorette?" being used as an opening line. Sadly, that guy's already been canned.

2. The balding guy beat out several long-haired guys for a rose! Take that minoxidil pushers!

Other than that, there were too many skinny ties, too many gingham shirts being worn with suits (horrible mismatches galore), and too many reminders that this show is only half as entertaining as The Bachelor.

• Love 6
I was really surprised that Cody made it through the first night

I wish Andi had told him to push the limo back to where it came from.

The doctor with the lamest pickup line ever wondering if he should have done anything different - you think???

I'm intrigued by half-Israeli, half-Barbadian Ron. I hope we get to hear more of his story.

Marcus, Polish native speaker whose German is even better ... can barely finish a sentence in either language.

Is the children's book/movie "Emil and the Detectives" popular in the US? Because "Emil, as in Emil and the Detectives" would have been a vastly better introduction than "Anal with an M".

Marquel is a little too smooth for my liking, but I love black and white cookies, so I'm conflicted.

Too many soul patches.

Marquel is a little too smooth for my liking, but I love black and white cookies, so I'm conflicted.

Does Marquel have a cookie business, or is it just a hobby? I had a sense of him just promoting his stuff. Could be wrong. And I wonder if be expected Andi to recognize the Seinfeld bit. Because the "look to the cookie" phrase doesn't land as well out of that context.

I was disappointed that she kept the lunkhead.

I was also late to the episode by about 10 minutes, so I missed the intro and how they handled Eric.  Such a shame, he seemed a really great guy.

• Love 1
(edited)

It was cute when Andrew and Patrick bonded over Formula 1.

Lots of cool guys and the first-impression rose went to a total bore.  I'd love to see what's up with his family and the 11 kids.  If they were from Utah I'd think they were wealthy Mormons.  Maybe they are, and he moved to Wisconsin for work?  The other option is translucent white trash, with the 11 kids coming from 12 dads and half of them ending up in foster care.

I'm usually the last guy to endorse Bachelor conspiracy theories but the Chris Bukowski thing was so ridiculous and staged, added just to spice things up (as threebluestars said).  The guys were too nice and civilized.  Notice there wasn't one "Can I steal you away?" moment.  Certainly no one got loaded and embarrassed himself.  And for whatever reason, Chris is supposedly a real cocksman.  Is he really desperate to be one out of 26 guys spending several weeks chasing after one woman?  No doubt he wanted to be on camera, but probably as a bid to be on Bachelor in Paradise.

Edited by Bugs Meany

That was absolutely a scripted Bukowski BIP audition.  

@b2H - Basically, Chris Harrison just opened the show with a brief statement that Eric Hill died after his taping was over and that the season was dedicated to him.  Short & sweet, no dramatic schtick. 

The guys did all seem to get along really well, and the Patrick/Andrew bromance was adorable!

(edited)

Lots of cool guys and the first-impression rose went to a total bore.  I'd love to see what's up with his family and the 11 kids.  If they were from Utah I'd think they were wealthy Mormons.  Maybe they are, and he moved to Wisconsin for work?  The other option is translucent white trash, with the 11 kids coming from 12 dads and half of them ending up in foster care.

There's at least one other option: Catholic parents and no birth control.  Some families like a lot of children.  He seemed to be a quiet, sweet guy - I was surprised Andi chose him because he wasn't as obviously interesting as some of the others. 

I've been spoiled on the Final Guy so now I'm looking to see when the sparks start

. I liked the intro about Eric Hill and it was sad to see him.  I hope the show takes what was broadcast and outtakes and make a big recording for his parents - showing funny stuff with him goofing around, etc. I think that would be such a gift to his bereaved parents.  I really liked Andi tonight and the guys seem fairly decent, too.  But - another opera singer?? And he's already sung! (Being on the Bachelor/ette isn't the way to promote a serious opera career.)  Plus intriguing world travelers??  Chris B. was stupid and I guess he's the bohunk.  I wish the security guy had kept the roses.  Andi should have given him a rose!

Edited by Rhondinella
Implied spoiler
  • Love 1

I'd pretty much bet everything I own that the Chris B thing was a total setup. After all these seasons, and a former contestant just happening to "show up" each time, they really expect us to believe it? They need a new schtick!!

Seeing Eric really touched my heart. I wonder if his family is watching? He seemed like a great guy.

• Love 1

Adding to the bogosity, Chris Harrison asked Bukowski, "How did you even know when we were filming??" The show runs at the same time every year, and probably films at the same time too. Whenever he showed up for Emily's season, he just moved the date forward by two years.

I kind of wish Chris stayed but I'm a sucker for that kind of delusional, self-aggrandizing desperation.

Yeah, it definitely ups the entertainment quotient.  Now we probably have to wait for Bachelor in Paradise to hear the patented, trademarked and never-to-be-forgotten "I'm a grown-ass man" quote from The Bukowski.  

@Lamb18  I'm a Reality Steve fan, so I'm right there with you, looking for all spoiler stuff.  I SO much prefer watching a spoiled season. 

• Love 1

I did too, except they underlined it with a few "We are on a different level!" comments that showed me how conceited they are.

Most of the guys suit jackets seemed really short & tight.  Is that the style?

Yes, unfortunately several suitmakers have been pushing this style for a while. It flatters almost no one, and it is horribly uncomfortable to wear. And take a look at how short their skinny legged suit pants are. Special fashion victim points go out to the guys who wear those skinny suit pants nice and short so they can show off their brightly coloured socks that announce to the world, "Hey, I'm bold and adventurous!"

I'd pretty much bet everything I own that the Chris B thing was a total setup. After all these seasons, and a former contestant just happening to "show up" each time, they really expect us to believe it? They need a new schtick!!

The worst thing about this rehash was that they showed Chris B three or four times, and yet I still had no idea who he was until Chris Harrison explained it to Andi. Also, I wasn't paying close enough attention to figure out what the role of the uniformed man holding the flowers was.

I thought the bachelor at the end who complained about being embarrassed to be let go already must have been bought by the producers. If a guy was really embarrassed to be cast off on TV, he wouldn't compound the problem by continuing to talk to the camera about it.

(edited)

I did too, except they underlined it with a few "We are on a different level!" comments that showed me how conceited they are.

I thought it showed how perfect they were for each other.  They seemed more interested in building a bromance than getting to know Andi.

The worst thing about this rehash was that they showed Chris B three or four times, and yet I still had no idea who he was until Chris Harrison explained it to Andi.

I still have no idea who he is, and I watched Emily's season.  Then again, I don't watch Bachelor Pad (I don't want to get herpes from my teevee), so I'm guessing his antics in that particular cesspool were more memorable.

Edited by Lovecat
  • Love 2

Adding to the bogosity, Chris Harrison asked Bukowski, "How did you even know when we were filming??" The show runs at the same time every year, and probably films at the same time too. Whenever he showed up for Emily's season, he just moved the date forward by two years.

Also, Chris B said "I've been here 7 days on my own." I'm assuming he meant "LA" when he said "here," but I could be persuaded he meant "at the end of the driveway."

I liked Marquel a lot. Cookies are awesome any time, and I think there's something sweet about taking a potentially high-stress situation like that and just saying "hey, let's have some comfort food and relax!"

Three long-haired guys and all three went home. I definitely wanted Doctor Prince Valiant to go, but I thought the shorter one with dark hair might have had some potential. I didn't see if he embarrassed himself in his exit interview, and I don't remember his intro, so I could have missed something awful about him.

Were there also 3 guys from Denver? It seems to have become a hotbed of casting for this show the last few seasons.

• Love 1

The long haired doctor looked like a 12-year-old. His handsome factor would be upped 100% if he had his hair cut.

Josh had me rolling with his exit interview ... "I'll have to call my parents - 'well ... that SUCKED'." lol.

Did she keep lamp guy?

• Love 1
I still have no idea who he is, and I watched Emily's season.

Nor I - any veterans wanna give a quick rundown on this guy?  I've never watched the 'ette before but I thought the editors treatment of this whole kerfuffle was hilarious - like the producers were also embarrassed by the incident but it happened, so conscientious reporters of the facts that they are, they were obliged to air it.  Yeah, um, no.  

Was there anyone with flowing locks who made it through or was this the culling of the long-hairs?  Andi even gave a rose to a lunkhead or two.

Nor I - any veterans wanna give a quick rundown on [Chris B.]?  

He went pretty far on Emily's season, even though he's unexceptional looks-wise and not that dynamic, and then he hooked up with multiple girls on Bachelor Pad.  I don't get it.

And by "Cute", I assume you mean "Really, Really, REALLY gay"? (Ha Ha.)

That said, I'm pretty neutral about most of the guys thus far; I agree with those whio think that Chris B. was totally a plant to generate drama.

• Love 3
(edited)

My favorite so far is Marquel. I thought that he was the most handsome out of the limos. But when he said that cookies are my true love right now... Marquel, we might be soul mates! (Don't tell my husband.)  Are we allowed to talk about the previews that they show at the end of the episode on this board (first time posting from TWOP)? If not, then everyone ignore this next sentence and move on to the next paragraph, please: I'm glad to see that he sticks around a while based on the This Season previews, but it also seems like he might be involved in the Dude Drama, so I hope he's on the Right Reasons side!

It seemed like there were an inordinate number of weirdos. Well, maybe "weirdos" is too strong of a word, but too many guys who just seemed "off" or "strange" or socially awkward--and not even attractive to boot. However, I REALLY missed not having the first half hour of the "get to know" the guys in which they're filmed in their native environments (home, work, jogging shirtless on a local beach, doing something silly out in public, and the like). I think not having ANY background on any of these guys makes it hard to pick out the ones to keep your eye on.

When the doctor was droning on and on about What is it about me that she didn't like? What could I have done differently? was I the only one who was screaming at the TV: It's your hair! You could have gotten a haircut! I mean the guy had a full-on soccer mom styled bob.

Edited by JenE4
  • Love 4

The guys just seemed like one giant long haired, bow tied, blob of douchocity 

Someone should tell that one guy who got booted that nobody likes a whiner. 

I get that we were getting a taste of Chris Bukowski to whet our appetite for Bachelor in Paradise. What else could it be but a surreptitious preview? No way in hell that Andi inspires that type of lust and/or devotion. I doubt the guy she ends up marrying (none of these bozos, to be sure) will be that smitten, let alone some narcissistic a-hole like Chris. 

Andi is pretty, pretty enough anyway, and her resume makes her seem a touch more capable than the average contestant, but she is also dull as hell. She makes the previous Queen of Boredom, Ashley Hebert, seem interesting. And Ashley is not interesting. Ashley was just lucky they cast a cinder block (JP) on her season. Otherwise she would have gone home empty handed. 

• Love 1
(edited)

The Bukowski got to the hometown date with Emily.  He took her home to his family near Chicago.  And his family is Polish too, so if Andi REALLY wanted to hear Polish speaking, she should have swapped Marcus out for too-legit-to-quit Bukowski.  

Now, I absolutely adore Chris Harrison, but I don't know if I totally believe him about Bukowski....

http://tv.msn.com/tv/article.aspx?news=868187

Edited by leighdear
I almost forgot ... how has no one snapped up "It's pronounced like anal with an M" lol.

I thought Emil was pronounced like "eh-meel" not "ay-muhl" ....??

I did snap it up, upthread.

There's a German pronunciation of the name, which is 'Ey-mel, and a French pronunciation, which is Eh-'meel. Anal Emil goes by the former.

Were there also 3 guys from Denver? It seems to have become a hotbed of casting for this show the last few seasons.

I would assume that one would have to get pretty doped up to sign up for this show.

I REALLY missed not having the first half hour of the "get to know" the guys in which they're filmed in their native environments (home, work, jogging shirtless on a local beach, doing something silly out in public, and the like). I think not having ANY background on any of these guys makes it hard to pick out the ones to keep your eye on.

This is so true! Providing some background gets us a bit more invested in their fate. Without that background, I just felt apathetic about all of them.

The first episode should be at least two episodes long. There is no reason to rush through the best part of the season just so we can get to the useless group date stage. I feel shortchanged by this 90 minute intro.

• Love 1

I wonder why the short episode? Especially after Juanuary included sooo many extras. Maybe they learned about over-pimping? 

I was so glad that it was Andi's sister came to help her and not her "best friend" Catherine/Des/Ashley/DogLover. Speaking of DogLover, hook her up with the Pantsologist STAT! Oh wait it was "Pantsapreneur" which is worse because we all know "entrepreneur" in BachWorld means "unemployed".

Tasos the wedding planner seemed to have an easy flow but he had super yellow teeth.

I was kind of going nuts for that Dylan guy, kinda reminded me of an Ed Burns. The farmer had kind of a McConaghey-ness to him.  I also like cookies and Marquel's dazzling smile but his suit was too tight for me to find him attractive.

And take a look at how short their skinny legged suit pants are

YES! And they were not only tight but short! Horrible look.

It was really sad when Eric was talking about his travels and how he will meet all his goals in two years. I really hope he doesn't last long just because it's painful to watch knowing his life got cut short.

Did she keep lamp guy?

Yes she did. 

I really don't have any favorites yet.   Hopefully tonight I'll have time to watch the guys intros that are now up that got axed last night due to the 90 minute episode. 

(edited)

Up where?

If you go to the main page (clicking on the "Previously TV" logo in the upper left hand corner will do it), you'll see the most recent ... writings. If you click on the word "Shows" above (center right-ish), it will give you a list of the shows that have some kind of writeup associated with it. (These directions apply to the desktop version; mobile may vary.)

ETA: Oops, I thought you were asking about where the writeups here are. Carry on...

Edited by StatMom

Reality Steve has a new column up, for those that partake of the Spoiler-ade.....

Also, according to Steve, Hulu.com has a bunch of the indro videos up.  Just put the word bachelorette in the search box. 

At first, I thought Chris B. should be allowed to stay, after all if Andi is really here for love, wouldn't more be merrier? Who knows if he's the one for her without even having a conversation?

But then I realized she made the right decision. That guy would only serve to hog screentime away from Andi. There's no reason to let him stay unless she already knew him and was interested (from meeting via all the Bachelor parties and media events).

I think the producers were expecting more drama from that whole situation though, either Andi having some kind of bigger reaction or Chris pitching a fit before leaving.

"I'm a grown-ass man" quote from The Bukowski.

Oh thanks, Leigh dear. I knew he was unintentionally funny, but I forgot any examples. Now I kind of wish Andi had kept him.

Andi looks great.  Her flexing thigh muscles as she walked on the beach made me so jealous.  Come to think of it that's what the men in all those tight, skimpy suits remind me of, Incredible Hulk's muscles busting out of his clothes, "No rose, make Hulk mad!"

• Love 1

I'm still very disappointed that andi was chosen as -ette. We all got a nice dose of her b+tch face in the season previews at the end of the episode. She seems unpleasantly butch and overly masculine and assertive whenever she's upset. It's really repulsive. 

For a girl who went spastic whenever pablo said 'it's ok,' 'ok' seems to be andi's favorite expression, repeated over and over and over again.

The bro's are all lame. Many of them have an oddly glazed expression. Several look like they are autistic/asperger's. This is going to be a horrible -ette season. 

• Love 2

Judy,

He used that phrase when somebody had the AUDACITY to accuse him of being too young & immature to be a father to Emily's daughter, Ricki.  Of course, he then showed his stability & steadfastness on Bachelor Pad by humping anything that moved.  But I'm SURE he's changed since then....*LOL*

What does the selection process entail for these 2 shows? Who is andi supposed to be appealing to? Is she supposed to secure a segment of the audience that considers themselves feisty feminists? Is she being marketed as a career girl?

I don't understand her appeal. Every other girl on the bachelor had a better body, most were prettier and almost all were sweeter in disposition. 

Was she the only one of the remaining finalists who was willing to rant onscreen against pablo under the direction of the producers?