Type keyword(s) to search

"The View": Week Of 7/16/2018

Jaded
  • Start Topic

1 hour ago, sugarbaker design said:

I noticed that as well.  Great way to create a fictional hostile environment.

More faux. 

57 minutes ago, Tammee said:

Sunny did no such thing.  She gave JP tit for tat on every ' fact ' JP tried to spew, then team Whoopi was lit and nooooooooooobody was getting in after that hah.  I just wonder how JP is going to spin it on her show, oh boo hoo poor me, bitches yada yada yada.  She can hook up with Huckabee(s) and share a waaaaaaaaaambulance (tm Modern Family) hee hee

I saw it as Sunny set her up by pointing out each untruth Pirro said, then Whoopi cleaned up. 

• Love 14

Really, mainstream outlets like "The View" and "The Today Show" don't need to have people like Jeanne Pirro or Sean Spicer on. If your booker insists on it because of some trade deal they have with the publisher, FIRE YOUR BOOKER. 

From CrooksandLiars

• Love 12
2 minutes ago, RHJunkie said:

Does no one at that table have enough common sense to explain to Meghan why TIME magazine doesn't ever use their platform to explain Trump's base? Meghan, it's probably because TIME doesn't want to use their platform to push a narrative that in any way advocates for the ends justifying the means at the expense of infringing on the civil rights of other Americans. Because they don't want to use their narrative that in any way normalizes his words and actions or distract from the reality that the price being paid for some additional jobs in the work force are coming at the expense of people being afforded the right to be treated like a human being. That's why Meghan.

It is not the responsibility of TIME magazine to write the stories that Meghan wants to read.  If Meghan McCain wants that story to be told, maybe she could do some real research.   Not hanging out at the gas station and counting MAGA hats, but REAL research.  She can write it, and submit it somewhere for publication. or she can write a blog.   TIME has writers and editors who are telling stories that need to be told.  I get really pissed at her when she thinks she knows what they "should"  write, or what the TIME covers "should"  be about.  She thinks she understands the trump base- she can write about it. (I wouldn't read it - I can ask my dad and my brother). 

• Love 24

I assume when the photo of the book cover was onscreen that Sara was saying everyone in the audience gets a copy, but I couldn't hear a word she was saying while JP & WG were yelling.  I'd love to see a photo on social media of trash cans full of their copies.  

• Love 15

One other point about Meghan telling TIME what to "do a cover" on.  Does she realize that there's a whole MAGAZINE there?  The cover photo links to ONE story, and they put the photo on the cover that will make people buy the magazine.   does she READ the magazine?  because she hasn't taken issue with any articles in TIME, just the cover. 

Sorry, but a cover photo of "trump supporters?"  Not picking up that issue.  

ANd Meghan?  when you say "liberals are suffering from "Trump Derangement Syndrome", you can't then talk about "tribalism"  as though someone else is dong it -  YOU are guilty of it. 

• Love 21
1 hour ago, athousandclowns said:

I watched twice and wanted to reach into the screen and smack off that sardonic grin from that bitches face. 

Yes MM was frightened about what Jeanine thought of her. 

Whoopi should have been carried out on everyone's shoulders, loved the audience cheering.  

I also loved when they laughed when Pirro said she knew a con when she saw one

35 minutes ago, backformore said:

It is not the responsibility of TIME magazine to write the stories that Meghan wants to read.  If Meghan McCain wants that story to be told, maybe she could do some real research.   Not hanging out at the gas station and counting MAGA hats, but REAL research.  She can write it, and submit it somewhere for publication. or she can write a blog.   TIME has writers and editors who are telling stories that need to be told.  I get really pissed at her when she thinks she knows what they "should"  write, or what the TIME covers "should"  be about.  She thinks she understands the trump base- she can write about it. (I wouldn't read it - I can ask my dad and my brother). 

Why doesn't she just have a regular column on her husband's website?

• Love 12

Jeanine Pirro  has the most irritating voice I've ever heard. 

And she does the thing my mom used to do - saying things like "let me finish"  or "wait just a minute" to give the impression that she is being interrupted, even when nobody is interrupting.  

Good for Whoopi, instead of her usual "thanks for coming, come back again any time,"  she shouts "Say Good-Bye!" 

• Love 19
31 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

The View’s Twitter had a tweet this morning, announcing Pirro’s appearance on the show today. After that, not one mention of the fact she was even there. 

Yup. I checked a few minutes ago and so far only clips of segments before she was there are posted. 

• Love 5
1 hour ago, deirdra said:

I assume when the photo of the book cover was onscreen that Sara was saying everyone in the audience gets a copy, but I couldn't hear a word she was saying while JP & WG were yelling.  I'd love to see a photo on social media of trash cans full of their copies.  

I've wondered if they get the actual book or a coupon to redeem it somewhere, because if its the actual book, it would have to be written and signed by God for me take it with me. 

You figure that basically everyone is a tourist, the show is done taping at noon, who wants to carry a hard cover book around all day. I know when we were at the show a few months back, we jumped on the subway to Brooklyn for a 1p  Williamsburg food and neighborhood walking tour.  I'd love to see a pic of a full table of books somewhere on the interwebs. 

10 minutes ago, ari333 said:

Maybe I misheard. I thought the , "say goodbye" was to JP. Whoops was on fie-ah!

nah, Whoops kind of points/gestures to Sarah to read the teleprompter.  BUT everyone doesn't know that, so when others are viewing it, it looks like whoppi saying it to JP.  

• Love 6

It was worth sitting through the Pirro segment to see Whoopi take her down and spank her bigly.  Loved the audience ramped up to hyper, reacting to JP's ridiculousness, especially the comment about knowing a con when she sees one.  Has she seen 45???

The Time cover was really bizarre and disturbing.  The longer you look at it, the face changes from one to the other.  Time did themselves a disservice with that one - I wouldn't want that issue in my house.

As happy as I was to see Whoopi in bulldog mode, I do have a complaint.  She's over-using the term "fake news" to the point where she's legitimizing the phrase and taking away the stun value from when it's used by its originator.  It's not only Whoopi who does this, but she tends to do it more often.  I'd prefer the term to remain unacknowledged by MSM, and keep it as a example of the spew from 45, rather than being normalized and accepted by the masses.  At it's origin, it set 45 apart as a bully, but by mainstreaming it, we give it approval.

Today's show was better than expected...I'll watch this one again.

• Love 16

"Judge" Pirro's voice is grating, but Meghan's is worse to my ears. It reminds me of Karen's on Will & Grace. Love Megan Mullally btw. She was very skilled at purposefully affecting that high pitched irritating voice. Meghan's is her natural voice, unfortunately.

• Love 13
2 hours ago, ari333 said:

I actually loved Whoopi  screaming, "SAY GOODBYE!" ANd the way she took up for Mexicans was touching. Not all of any people are all bad or all good. WE ALL have have our good and bad.

MM looked pretty scared. 

I totally love Ana.

I did miss Joy, but JP may have stroked Joy out, so better that she was not there. 

I was kind of worried for Joys BP as well.  Saw where Sunny is the guest on Wendy Williams tomorrow

2 hours ago, mbutterfly said:

More faux. 

I saw it as Sunny set her up by pointing out each untruth Pirro said, then Whoopi cleaned up. 

It takes a village. ?

• Love 11
2 hours ago, RHJunkie said:

Does no one at that table have enough common sense to explain to Meghan why TIME magazine doesn't ever use their platform to explain Trump's base?

I think by now everyone does understand.  We know, Meghan, the base felt disenfranchised, left behind, and misunderstood.  Plus there's an innate distrust of government. She tells us this every day. There is no need to do a Time cover story. (And my guess is they already did this at some point anyway.)

• Love 7

Correct me if I'm wrong.

I swear Meghan said in the beginning of the show that 68% of republicans support Trump. Then, when Pirro was on, Meghan said 89% of republicans still Support Trump.

Is she just making up numbers?

• Love 14

I'm in another View group with a lot of feisty, fed-up black women. They are very pro-Whoopi. They loved today's show, but were particularly outraged at JP pointing a finger at Whoopi, and delighted at Whoopi's response to same. Do NOT mess around and point your finger at a grown-ass woman!

• Love 24
14 minutes ago, backformore said:

Correct me if I'm wrong.

I swear Meghan said in the beginning of the show that 68% of republicans support Trump. Then, when Pirro was on, Meghan said 89% of republicans still Support Trump.

Yes. I thought I must have mis-heard, but I guess she DID say both figures.

• Love 5
1 minute ago, backformore said:

Correct me if I'm wrong.

I thought it was my hearing . 

Thanks HoboClayton even though I watched twice I would have sworn that the camera  didn't show the rest of the table out here in the west coast.   I would love to see how she left the stage.  Whoopi did turn to Sara to finish because she was DONE.  

Sunny isn't listed for Wendy Friday on my DVR so I'll be taping it.  I immediately looked online for what was being reported and the first was Breitbart.  

• Love 4
16 minutes ago, backformore said:

Whoopi and Pirro get into it backstage

I know it's Page six and may or may not be accurate. But the image of Whoopi saying "fuck you" to Pirro makes me smile.

Wow, one can only hope it's true.  I got butterflies in my stomach, reading that Whoops basically told JJP to fuck off.  I was yelling that at her too but she couldn't hear me through the teevee.

• Love 12
(edited)
54 minutes ago, backformore said:

Correct me if I'm wrong.

I’m glad I’m not the only one who thought, “WTF?”, when I heard Meghan say 98 percent vs. the 68 percent she spouted earlier. It’s not just you. Let’s face it: she’s mostly on the same side as Pirro and I’m very convinced that The View brought her on to show that Meghan isn’t so bad and if I’m right, their attempt failed miserably. 

Edited by Alexis2291
  • Love 8
2 minutes ago, Ladyrain said:

Wow, one can only hope it's true.  I got butterflies in my stomach, reading that Whoops basically told JJP to fuck off.  I was yelling that at her too but she couldn't hear me through the teevee.

Whoopi to JP: "What Ladyrain said!"

• Love 7
(edited)
1 hour ago, backformore said:

Correct me if I'm wrong.

She said 68% approved of the results of meeting with Putin, 89% (or whatever the #) approved of the job Trump was doing overall.  I'm wondering how old that statistic is though, and if the recent antics have eroded that figure. 

Edited by Haleth
  • Love 8
(edited)

Correct me if I'm wrong.

The 68% is the latest figure after this week's events.  She's been quoting the 89% support from her blue cards for quite some time.  So I think she used the old figure out of habit.    What I wished they would explain that only 25% of the country identify as themselves as Republican right now.  And the number is dropping as more conservatives are identifying as independent rather than republican.  So MM's stats don't mean much.

Time doesn't do a cover about Trump supporters because there really isn't new ground to cover there.  We've all seen plenty of stories usually set in a diner in middle America about the Trump supporters who feel they'[ve been left behind  

Edited by After7Only
  • Love 11
(edited)
35 minutes ago, backformore said:

I know it's Page six and may or may not be accurate. But the image of Whoopi saying "fuck you" to Pirro makes me smile.

So, she came to fight with Joy, according to the article. She was fit to be tied about Ana being there. You guys were right, in saying that Joy wanted no part of that loon.

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 19

The Page Six article said "Jeanine could have walked by her. There was one more segment to do." I wonder, does that mean there was one more show segment to do or did Judge Feckless get shorted a segment? I hope it's the latter because air time is everything to someone on a promotion tour and no way did she get a redemption segment.

• Love 7
26 minutes ago, After7Only said:

Time doesn't do a cover about Trump supporters because there really isn't new ground to cover there.  We've all seen plenty of stories usually set in a diner in middle America about the Trump supporters who feel they'[ve been left behind  

And just who exactly does Meghan think would buy a Time issue with a cover story about Trump supporters?  I'm guessing most non Trump supporters wouldn't. 

• Love 3

I’m on a roll today, probably because I dislike this woman so much but who else finds it amusing that Jeanine Pirro from FOX uses the term “Trump Derangment Syndrom,” in the same way that Meghan uses it almost daily on the show? Meghan doesn’t specifically point to any particular co-host when using the term but I bet she was living vicariously through Pirro when she called Whoopi out today. I’m sorry (not) but there is a certain segment of the population who uses that type of terminology to categorize almost any critic of Trump as “deranged.” It’s a dog whistle phrase and the fact that Meghan so quickly clarified that she’s not one suffering from this made-up condition is telling. 

1 minute ago, ginger90 said:

7FE6AB74-4276-4EA7-A22D-BDFC6070E273.jpeg

Ah, a fine example of how she used this platform to spread more of her nonsense, especially about how “deranged” the left supposedly is. If Obama praised Putin this idiot would be having an epic meltdown, not saying “it’s a good thing.”

• Love 21

Quote from the article:  We hear the ABC show’s producers and Goldberg have reached out to Pirro to have a conversation about what happened.

Why?  Let it go now.  The whole interview speaks for itself.  Nothing to be gained rehashing perfection.

1 hour ago, Apprentice79 said:

So, she came to fight with Joy, according to the article. She was fit to be tied about Ana being there. You guys were right, in saying that Joy wanted no part of that loon.

Problem is there is no rational debate with Pirro or Coulter. 

• Love 18

I was cleaning toilets so didn't tune in until that wretched she-beast was just coming on screen. At first I thought, "Oh crap! I can't believe I missed seeing Ana - damn!", and almost changed the channel since I had missed Ana (probably) schooling MM during hot topics, but decided to leave it on as background noise. OMG - I'm not sure if I'm happy about that decision or not. My blood pressure increased, and I cussed out loud at the television like some deranged loon every time that ridiculous shrew shouted "Let me finish!!!!" to absolutely no one that was speaking or interrupting her with her tired "but Obama", "Fake News", etc. bullshit. Oh, and by the way, did ya hear? She's been a judge for 30 years! I think she stated that about 6 friggin times. I have never been a big Whoopie fan, but when she basically said, bye Felicia!, I kind of wanted to send her a big gift basket. My sentiments exactly. Be gone with you before a house lands on you!

• Love 19

Yep, let it go. What a bad idea. 

As I see it (I think at the moment) MM tried to keep herself safe and it could have worked. Except when she made sure JP knew she wasn't a TDS person. Seems to me she threw all the others under the bus. Let them speak for themselves.

And for not liking labels she sure throws them around.

Fortunately she is on her way to Az today. Yeah! And no way they pre-taped the show today after the fireworks.

• Love 7

I don't believe the Page Six article, especially the part about Whoopi trying to reach out to Pirro's reps. That sounds like a story Pirro or her reps planted and Page Six ran with it.

As for Meghan citing a poll of Republicans supporting trump and Democrats better get it together or else he will be re-elected, I'm trying to figure out what her point is. Are the elections only open to Republicans now? Are they the deciding factor? So what if a lot of them support him, there are still Democrats an Independents that vote too, right?

• Love 10
(edited)

I doubt Whoopi actual spit at her. I can understand being so angry spittile, just not actually spitting directly at JP.

But that statement sure ramps this up for damage control for The View and ABC.

JP is so deplorable she never should have been booked, imo.

ETA - hope that makes a little sense.....spittle-ing is not the same thing as spiting at someone.

Edited by maggiemae
  • Love 11