Type keyword(s) to search

"The View": Week Of 7/16/2018

Jaded
  • Start Topic

So I'm late on commenting... but I think Whoopi going off on JP sadly reinforced the 'Trump Derangement Syndrome' label... basically Whoopi played right into JP's hands.

I've encountered a few people that use the TDS label and I tell them that if between January 2009 and January 2017, they suffered from ODS (obama derangement Syndrome) than they have no room to judge the left.  And I explain to them that if they point a finger at the left, three are pointing right back at you.  All, but one, shut up.. and the one who kept speaking.. I pulled up some screen shots (we were facebook friends) where I show his extreme anger/vents about Obama during his presidency... and say to him to be careful what he posts on social media.

So both Joy and Meghan are off today?  I haven't watched today's episode yet so just curious.

I think Joy made the right decision, and it threw off JP... but I kind of wish Whoopi also wasn't there because than she really couldn't use the TDS label without looking a fool since Sunny can cut someone down with just a look or a statement.

• Love 5
(edited)

I don't think Whoopi looked bad at all. She was actually trying to ask that twit a question when SHE threw it off the rails. Then( when off the air)she called them all names before leaving(I'm going to assume the C word). Screw her. I could give a shit about playing nice when these idiots will believe every stupid and inane thing that comes out of this administration.

Edited by Jewlmc
  • Love 15

Whoopi's outfit today is almost identical to what she wore yesterday, I got confused when going through clips that have been posted between today and yesterday's show, lol.

Something I forgot to point out from yesterday's show - these women always look to Meghan to ask whether Trump's base will care about whatever new scandal on him is out and all Meghan ever does is look at her blue card and report polling numbers. This isn't insight. This is easily accessible information, why do they treat her as someone who has any real insight when her input is pretty much what everyone else can easily conclude as well.

I'm glad Whoopi provided more context to what took place backstage before and after the segment. Unfortunately, those who like JP are only going to care about her version of events and assume that Whoopi is lying but you can't do anything about that. I said before I knew the extent of her behaviour in front of the audience and backstage toward the crew, she's a despicable person who hides behind her career to portray herself as a respectable and educated person. A bigot can come in all shapes, sizes and be in all kinds of professional industries...including law.

Not gonna lie, I skipped quite a bit of the Garner interview but I will say that it seemed quite fun and she looks great. She has always had a very natural look to her that was never bonafide sexpot but that's exactly what I've always found charming about her looks...the dimples don't hurt either! I laughed when they asked her who the most famous person is in her phone and she named her ex-husband's best friend, lol.

• Love 14
14 minutes ago, Tosia said:

Oh, and what makes a child getting killed by a non-American citizen any worse than a citizen???  Remember all the shootings have been home grown boys. No logic at all. 

People like JP want everyone to be afraid.  It's what they do.  Scare people and then say we are the only people that can keep you safe.  Yesterday she couldn't stop bringing up Obama.  He is still her go to boogey man.

• Love 18

Regarding "Trump Derangement Syndrome": To me that always sounds as if it refers to the people who condone, continue to defend, refuse to speak out against the orange guy as opposed to someone who does not like the orange guy.

I didn't think that Whoopi was completely out of line.  It looked to me that JP smirked and pointed to Whoopi and Whoopi was not having it!  She explained (granted very loudly!) her view of the guy in the White House.  Then asked a question to which JP responded with something along the lines of why does Whoopi always start her comments about the orange guy by referring to remarks he made and she did not answer her (Whoopi's) question. 

• Love 16
(edited)
2 hours ago, Apprentice79 said:

It does not have to be confrontational, you can have discussions with people who do not have the same views as you.  They want to give sermons and not have anybody challenge their views. Jeanine refused to answer questions and got increasingly hostile, mean and vicious. Pointing a finger, in somebody's face,  is an aggressive move and people will react to that type of disrespect..

Of course, it doesn’t, but does anyone think JP came in looking for a reasonable discussion?   She came in looking for bits to tweet to her followers.

Is she calling them c*ck suckers?  There you go - proves my point.

1 hour ago, Tosia said:

So WTF is up with targeting Joy?

And what makes this ok??????

Can Joy take out a restraining order against Fox guests?  

Seriously,  I hope Joy and her family have extra security, because there are crazies out there.  

Oh, and what makes a child getting killed by a non-American citizen any worse than a citizen???  Remember all the shootings have been home grown boys. No logic at all. 

Targeting Joy because the faux news crowd loves to hate her.  JP looking for more likes on her Twitter!

Edited by WarnerCL45
  • Love 6

I'm glad Joy was on vacation and she missed it all. She called in for Paula and she was at her weekend home. JP would have gone after her and she can hold her own but I didn't want to see it. Lots of hugs for Paula and Whoopi even joined in. Tara looks like she really wants the job.

• Love 14
(edited)
2 hours ago, Poohbear617 said:

When Obama was in the WH Fox was always mad and yelling how he was destroying us and the constitution etc...but now they have the HOuse, Senate, WH and SCOTUS....why r they still yelling?

Good point. The one thing I regret about the Whoopi/Jeanine argument was that we didn't hear a response to the Deep State question. How can you claim that the government is working against you if you ARE the government? 

Oh, and is there a push to get Mark Zuckerberg to run for president? I had never heard of that until yesterday when Meghan said that Democrats wanted it.  Maybe I didn't get the memo because I'm independent. 

Edited by Vanderboom
  • Love 10
3 minutes ago, Vanderboom said:

Good point. The one thing I regret about the Whoopi/Jeanine argument was that we didn't hear a response to the Deep State question. How can you claim that the government is working against you if you ARE the government? 

JP never would have answered the question.  If she had answered  she would have somehow made it sound like Hillary and President Obama were in charge of it even though as Poohbear posted her party controls each branch of government.

• Love 10
(edited)
10 minutes ago, Vanderboom said:

Oh, and is there a push to get Mark Zuckerberg to run for president? I had never heard of that until yesterday when Meghan said that Democrats wanted it.  Maybe I didn't get the memo because I'm independent. 

Meghan consistently says things that while yes in fact they are true they aren't representative of Democrats as a whole.  While some Democrats might want Zuckerberg to run for president he is in no way a front runner.  And while there was one Democrat who on Fox News said they were in favor of open borders that is not something the Democratic party endorses.  I tell you what Meghan, how about we start painting all Republicans with the same brush we do Alex Jones?

Edited by blondiec0332
  • Love 13
(edited)
On 7/20/2018 at 11:08 AM, RHJunkie said:

Unfortunately, those who like JP are

Those who like JP must be watching her TV shows with the volume off and closed-captioning on.  That woman has only one level...shouting!

Edited by Former Nun
bolded...
  • Love 11
4 hours ago, 27bored said:

JP said she had Trump Derangement Dyndrome — which was also rude and why I don’t want this to come off as a defense of her — but it didn’t warrant Whoopi’s reaction.

I thought Whoopi's reaction was to the tone of JP's comment, and the RUDE finger-pointing.  I don't want to look for a clip, but didn't Whoopi say something about "pointing your finger," and then the gloves were off.

• Love 12
1 hour ago, Vanderboom said:

Zuckerberg and/or Oprah?  Would that be the best they can do?  Heaven help us!

• Love 1
2 hours ago, WarnerCL45 said:

Of course, it doesn’t, but does anyone think JP came in looking for a reasonable discussion?   She came in looking for bits to tweet to her followers.

Is she calling them c*ck suckers?  There you go - proves my point.

Targeting Joy because the faux news crowd loves to hate her.  JP looking for more likes on her Twitter!

I know why  they target Joy--because she is an outspoken  liberal, but WTF makes it ok????? 

I know Joy is chill and smart, but IMHO, it's dangerous for Joy. Again, more crazies out there.  

MM can shut the fuck up when she brings up Joy's name to bait her. Actually, MM can shut the fuck up all the time.  Useless waster of space on the panel, or  on this planet. 

• Love 15
(edited)

Perino was looking for a fight from the moment she got to the studio. She wasn't there to have a civil discussion because she's not a civil individual.

And I don't give a f*ck if Whoopi gave her what she wanted. Because the fact is that Perino wrote that divisive, nasty book and even if she had been treated with roses, candy, kisses and a love song she would have still found a way to call all liberals liars or evil or whatever because that's what sells books in that world.

Edited by Stacee
  • Love 16
16 minutes ago, Stacee said:

Perino was looking for a fight from the moment she got to the studio. She wasn't there to have a civil discussion because she's not a civil individual.

And I don't give a f*ck if Whoopi gave her what she wanted. Because the fact is that Perino wrote that divisive, nasty book and even if she had been treated with roses, candy, kisses and a love song she would have still found a way to call all liberals liars or evil or whatever because that's what sells books in that world.

Are you talking about Dana Perino or Jeanine Pirro?  Just to be clear. 

• Love 2
3 hours ago, pinguina said:

Regarding "Trump Derangement Syndrome": To me that always sounds as if it refers to the people who condone, continue to defend, refuse to speak out against the orange guy as opposed to someone who does not like the orange guy.

Me too!

1 hour ago, Vanderboom said:

It's the first I've heard of this.

• Love 7
4 hours ago, Tosia said:

So WTF is up with targeting Joy?

And what makes this ok??????

The Fox/Deplorables loathe Joy because she's a smart, mouthy, liberal woman who speaks her mind. That's a whole lotta "bad" to them. In fact, it's become a badge of honor to declare on Facebook that "I've never watched The View and I never will!"

Joy was a wise woman to take a day off. Not that she couldn't have handled it, she handles everything without it getting to her, but why should she put up with it?

Let's face it, the Judgmental "Judge" came to bag Joy. She came to pimp a book about the "intolerant left" being liars. Joy was in her crosshairs, like a rare rhino to a big game hunter, and it's kind of funny that she was upset that a smart, mouthy, conservative woman (Ana) was there instead. Her agenda got messed with, and that set everything off on the wrong foot.

It's no coincidence she came running home within ten nanoseconds to Fox and Hannity, and then Fox and Friends. Those were prebooked appearances for her to play victim, trust my instincts on that!

She came to The View as a guest in their home. She came to make money from her appearance, by promoting her book and her tv show. And this is how a guest acted? Lying and pointing her finger (something my other View group still can't get over) and calling them names and swearing at them in front of their audience? That's not very good-guest-like behavior.

Did the Judgmental "Judge" really call the panel "cocksuckers" in front of the audience? One way to find out. If I were in that audience, I'd be singing like a canary, either to confirm or deny.

• Love 24
1 hour ago, Stacee said:

Pirro was looking for a fight from the moment she got to the studio. She wasn't there to have a civil discussion because she's not a civil individual.

And I don't give a f*ck if Whoopi gave her what she wanted. Because the fact is that Pirro wrote that divisive, nasty book and even if she had been treated with roses, candy, kisses and a love song she would have still found a way to call all liberals liars or evil or whatever because that's what sells books in that world.

• Love 7

Thank goodness for Ana speaking out about this. I hope that audience members do as well.

It was a wonderfully pleasant show today! The ladies were warm and friendly and seemed to genuinely enjoy interacting with one another. I love how they hugged and celebrated Paula at the end, and how Paula commended Whoopi for her generosity. 

• Love 12

Hire Ana, ABC!

She's a huge asset, unlike snotty McCain who has said nothing to defend Whoopi, even when Whoopi played a role in her getting hired and treated her with kid's gloves this whole season. Not surprising a sell-out like McCain has no loyalty.

• Love 18
1 hour ago, atlantaloves said:

Well, I have another C word for Miss Pirro, let me tell ya....and it is acceptable in the British Isles. 

But it's so much more fun to think of it in the "unacceptable*" category of the U.S.

*It's FINE with me; there are times it's downright necessary.

• Love 6
6 hours ago, Poohbear617 said:

When Obama was in the WH Fox was always mad and yelling how he was destroying us and the constitution etc...but now they have the HOuse, Senate, WH and SCOTUS....why r they still yelling?

Obama Derangement Syndrome

• Love 9
(edited)
10 hours ago, WarnerCL45 said:

Ana is just great.  She is funny as hell.  She could replace Joy  Meghan & I'd be quite happy.

Fixed it for you.

Where is Paula going?  I missed that part.

In retrospect maybe when JP went off the rails they could have just gone to commercial and then removed her off air.  I say maybe because that would take planning but they could have practice for the crew, you know like weather drills in grade school.  It would be awesome if someone who is gaslighting doesn't get the chance.

36 minutes ago, TheGreenKnight said:

Not surprising a sell-out like McCain has no loyalty.

You have worded perfectly my own disdain.

It's kind of like when siblings fight but just let someone outside the family try it then everyone is on the same side against the outsider.

Edited by jumper sage
  • Love 10
(edited)
2 hours ago, Morgalisa said:

What a bitch. She pushed the other lady out of the way and said, "I go first." So glad Whoopi laid a smackdown on her.

The encounter between Whoopi and Jeanine have been making all the rounds. I’m sure Pirro will be bitchin’ up a storm on her show tomorrow about the “intolerant left,” using her segment with Whoopi as an example without providing the entire story. I won’t be watching so IDK what she’ll say but what I DO know is that it’s blatantly obvious why she decided to come on The View - it wasn’t to have a civil discussion, it was to play victim, all the while celebrating taking down some big-mouth, intolerant liberal on the lefty-ABC Network. *insert sarcasm* ???‍♀️ 

Edited by Alexis2291
  • Love 13
(edited)
3 hours ago, Medicine Crow said:

I laughed at Pirro on the TMZ clip telling her woman "assistant" "I go first" when getting into the limo!!! 

R/age before beauty ; )

Edited by film noire
  • Love 16
39 minutes ago, blondiec0332 said:

Still waiting for Meghan to back up her co-host. 

Yeah, after the way Whoopie has been catering to her all season.  That's gratitude!

1 minute ago, Alexis2291 said:

Please, if anybody working for the show is reading this, DON’T invite this woman on. Please.

Agree.  This Pirro shit is over.  Let's move on - let her supporters beat it to death.

• Love 8
16 minutes ago, Alexis2291 said:

Please, if anybody working for the show is reading this, DON’T invite this woman on. Please.

Someone else trying to make waves at the expense of the big bad lefties of the View. So Candice thinks Meghan should back JP and not her coworker.   Typical. 

• Love 8
1 minute ago, blondiec0332 said:

Someone else trying to make waves at the expense of the big bad lefties of the View. So Candice thinks Meghan should back JP and not her coworker.   Typical. 

She is a Jeanine in training, she is awful...

• Love 4

I think The View was dead wrong to book Pirro for the show. I think it was unethical to book her, for a number of reasons. First of all, IMO she is fake news personified. It's one thing to have on people of different political views. That's not what Pirro is. I think she's a propagandist.

I think Pirro was booked because the producers knew she'd stir up trouble, run back and tell her tales to Hannity and on her FOX show. 

It doesn't get nearly as much coverage, but July is also a Nielsen sweeps month. Since the "regular" TV season is from roughly September to May the sweeps months of November, February and May get the attention, because that's when the more substantial primetime shows are in first-run. This year, the July period is from June 28 – July 25, 2018. 

I'm so glad Joy was not there. The right has really had it in for her since she made that crack about Pence (for which they made her apologize on air). 

Also, Whoopi wasn't even talking when Pirro started her shit with her. What a frigging carnival sideshow that woman is. They didn't even need to mic her up, she's so loud. 

Deadline did a pretty good job of covering it all, today and yesterday

• Love 21