Type keyword(s) to search

S07.E04: Pressure or Paradise

• Start Topic

17 minutes ago, JAndy said:

I had my first (and only) child at 30. My eggs are not “dried up”. If I were Danielle I wouldn’t find those comments funny. 

My mother had me (eldest of 2) at 30 and my brother at 34. A lot of my friends had their first in their early 30s. Everybody turned out fine.

Amber has the worst hair. She needs to start completely over. Take out the extensions, go back to her natural color, and get a haircut. Commit to a weekly hair mask because her hair is dry AF. It’s driving me nuts. And every time she mentions babies I think “Sperm bank.” She also has a tendency to have her mouth hanging open.

Is it that deep that Amber dated a mutual friend of Dave’s? When he was saying he’d have left her over it if they were just dating, I was like “ ... Huh?” Unless she has a bad reputation, I don’t see the issue.

If I were Tristan, I’d bounce. Mia did that shit and the show didn’t catch it. He’s being played. I don’t buy that the warrant was issued a day after the show did a background check. I also don’t buy that it was mistaken identity. That “I know OF him” was clearly a lie. I knew Tristan would stay; I think that’s foolish and that he should have asked A LOT more questions, both of Mia and of the producers and experts, before he even thought of staying. (And he should have left.)

I would go irretrievably bat-shit crazy  as a SAHM and a man who wanted me to be one is fundamentally incompatible with me, and we would get that straighter than straight from the get-go. Did the experts ask about that? WTF?

1 minute ago, Neurochick said:

Confused.  Last week they showed her parent.  Her mom is black, from Jamaica, and her father is from Trinidad.

I think her father is Indian. Trinidad has a big Indian population (my maternal great-grandfather immigrated from Trinidad). I thought Mia was 100% Indian until they showed her mother.

• Love 11
2 minutes ago, Adeejay said:

I was under the impression that Mia was what they call in the Caribbean, "a coolie".  My bad. 

What does that mean?  All black people don’t look the same.

But, I don’t think Tristan would have been so forgiving if Mia had been darker.  Didn’t he say he’s more attracted to a light skinned woman.

• Love 4
(edited)
47 minutes ago, brilliantbreakfast said:

Shouldn't the question of wife with career vs. stay-at-home mom be something that they ask in the screening?   The more this series goes on, the more I think they mismatch people deliberately for the drama.  This is people's lives they're playing with!

It should be and it probably was but this show does not match for compatibility, they match in hopes of getting drama. 

Edited by aphroditewitch
typo
  • Love 4
2 minutes ago, Gem 10 said:

Whaaaat?  Is Tristin for real?  He’s believing her?  Is he nuts or what?  Oh, now he’s staying with her.  I just can’t.  What bullshit.

Could Tristan be any dumber, now I am questioning his sanity as well maybe they are both so crazy that is why they were matched

• Love 10
(edited)

Not only Tristan, but the flippin’ experts!  She gave her lame lie response, and they all just dismissed it “We are so happy none of this is true!!!   Welcome back to the family!!”   Omg. 

And, like a liar, she had her responses all crafted and was busting them out before Tristan got his questions entirely out.  Her entire tone and body language were off. 

Edited by Meowwww
Punctuation.
  • Love 17
1 minute ago, Neurochick said:

If you think about it, the experts gave everyone what they asked for.  I think the participants didn’t know what they really wanted.

Good point. Danielle wanted a traditional Southern guy; Bobby is that. Her “liberal Seattle” roots are showing. ;) 

• Love 15
3 minutes ago, Gem 10 said:

Whaaaat?  Is Tristin for real?  He’s believing her?  Is he nuts or what?  Oh, now he’s staying with her.  I just can’t.  What bullshit.

It would not surprise me if producers talked him in at least pretending to forgive her. But based on what I was reading about Texas annulment law, if he continues to live with her after discovering anything that could be fraud, it basically ruins his chance for an annulment. If anyone is an attorney or paralegal in Texas, feel free to correct me. 

• Love 3
1 hour ago, PityFree said:

No,  it’s not the outdoor shower, Amber; your hair is always nasty.

Yep. Hair and overfried skin. And I notice she managed to fry again right away. Sun screen, girl, it’s called sun screen. And moisturizers. Use them!

Every time I start writing about Bobby, I delete it, because it’s just too bad. There is no option in which he doesn’t turn psycho. Just none. 

• Love 8

I was so weirded out by Mia that I forgot about the other two couples.

Amber/Dave: Amber dated someone that he has had a beer with "a couple of times." I didn't get the impression that he and this other guy are great, close friends. I'm dying to know what he told Dave about Amber when they were dating. I have a feeling that this is going to be an issue with them, and that Dave has already sent the guy an email asking for more crazy dirt. I don't like Amber. The way that she constantly talks about having a baby with this guy that she just met/married is off-putting. She's desperate and it's pathetic.

Danielle/Bobby: She doesn't know what she wants and seems lost. She told the experts that she wanted a man who had "Southern values" but is disappointed when he suggests that she could become a SAHM. I'm wondering what traits she thinks a traditional, conservative man wants in a wife, because I'm betting Danielle won't have them. That said, Bobby seems so thrilled to be this close to a real, live woman (who isn't his mother) that he's going to say all of the right things for the moment. I'm betting this won't last, though. Even if they stay married at the end of the show, this relationship will run its course and they'll split.

• Love 17
1 minute ago, Empress1 said:

I REALLY wish the podcast were around for this episode!

Can't be said enough this is a new level of crazy I would have loved to hear Tara & Brian snark on this.

I miss the podcast I hope it is back next season.

• Love 13

Is that mop Ambers real hair or what?  Did she swim with extensions in?  Her hair looks like straw and is too light.  A major rehaul is needed.  A good cut and a darker color and lots of conditioning.

• Love 7
22 minutes ago, Gem 10 said:

"Because it's God's plan". ?

• Love 7
32 minutes ago, Empress1 said:

Amber has the worst hair. She needs to start completely over. Take out the extensions, go back to her natural color, and get a haircut. Commit to a weekly hair mask because her hair is dry AF. It’s driving me nuts.

She really does need a good hairdresser.

• Love 5

I’m still trying to figure out what kind of warrant gets you detained at the airport. No airline i’ve ever flown has checked for local warrants. Maybe the no fly list and federal crimes, but a comprehensive list of all outstanding state and local warrants? No way.

• Love 9
19 minutes ago, Amy Beth said:

I’m still trying to figure out what kind of warrant gets you detained at the airport. No airline i’ve ever flown has checked for local warrants. Maybe the no fly list and federal crimes, but a comprehensive list of all outstanding state and local warrants? No way.

Internationally if there is an active warrant it can be linked to your passport quite easily if the state places it on the national database. I am wondering if Louisiana placed her on the national database becasue she lived in another state so that if she was pulled up by law enforcement in Texas they would detain her.

• Love 12

Tristan.. Do u even know this guy? Mia.. No the name doesn't ring any bells. Well. I know of him. Thru mutual friends. What???  She just changed her Story within seconds and Tristan, is stupid enough to believe her? Why is he so hung up on a woman he's never even kissed? 

• Love 16
(edited)

This season is really exposing the Stockholm syndrome and desperation that drives people to be on this show. Mia's lies aren't even convincing. If you "know of" the dude then he knows of you. So then he would know that the person with your ID isn't you. Mistaken identity? Where is the police report of her "stolen" car? And that happened right after she was chosen? Well I feel like they would have needed documents again even after the background check so wouldn't the "stolen" car come up? She didn't even give Tristan that story. She was basically taking Shaggy's advice? Nah ,man wasn't me. Wasn't me. But your name is on the arrest warrant. Wasn't me.

I read that they released her because the county didn't want to extradite her, not because she's innocent. Tristan should have ran. And sued them for legally marrying him off to a felon. Follow your gut, man!

Edited by shouldbedancing
typos
  • Love 20

This is shaping up to be an excellent season not for MaFS's record but for All the Drama.

Mia's a lying liar who lies (Tristan your damn sign from God was when she got detained for two days at the airport! I'm pretty sure they don't do that if it's actually a case of mistaken identity).

Bobby just wants a SAHM; he switched his tune wayyy too fast.

I'm dying to know what Dave's buddy told him about her.

• Love 21
(edited)

I had my entire wallet stolen a few months ago, including my DL, all my credit cards and insurance cards. The first thing I did was shut off the credit cards. Then I filed a police report and put in an alert with the credit bureaus. I was not held responsible for any charges that occurred after the wallet was stolen and have a paper trail that shows that I wasnt in possession of my IDs. Mia should have the same. You don't get arrested for stalking if someone else is using your ID, it doesn't work like that. 

Mia IS a lying liar who lies and the producers know the truth and they're trying to salvage the  season. Tristan will find out the real story on Decision Day. 

Edited by Nancybeth
  • Love 21

Dave will be the laughingstock of the gym once word gets around he is married to CrazyAmber... guess he will be going to a different Lifetime branch...

His college friends/bros also know Amber's ex, the Dallas Douche since they all go to the same Lifetime location...Dave will be telling them that Amber dated the gym dude they all had beers with and heard stories about his crazy ex...named Amber.

Dave is already starting his slow walk backwards towards the door.

Feel bad for Amber.

Her past colliding with her present...she's in her mid thirties and Dallas does not have that deep of a dating pool....so the possibility was there

• Love 15
5 hours ago, CSunshine76 said:

So we are to believe this was not Mia’s ex, and the guy dated whomever stole her identity and thought she was Mia? Huh?!

She is a very, very bad liar. Run, Tristan, Run! She's a stalking, stealing psycopath!

• Love 10

Tristan: I got MAFS to have a lifelong partner, someone I can trust...

Bruh, have you seen this show?  They literally just matched you with a criminal.  You need to run.  But Tristan sticking with her is proof that the producers offered him an incentive package.

• Love 16

Poor Mia, having her identity stolen like that! Odd that the thief didn't do any of the usual things like scam money off Mia's credit cards. Instead, the thief moved from Dallas to -- such a coincidence -- Mia's home town in Louisiana and started dating someone Mia "knows of," then stalked him after the relationship ended and fraudulently used his credit card to buy him a phone.

Life imitating art, Single White Female style!

My assumption is that MAFS subcontracts out their background checks and it's not impossible for me to believe they were concluded before Mia's warrant was issued. Even easier to believe is that MAFS got a hold of  the ex boyfriend and paid for his silence while the show is airing. Otherwise, somebody in Louisiana surely would be blabbing on social media, either to confirm or deny Mia's story.

• Love 22
55 minutes ago, 2727 said:

Poor Mia, having her identity stolen like that! Odd that the thief didn't do any of the usual things like scam money off Mia's credit cards. Instead, the thief moved from Dallas to -- such a coincidence -- Mia's home town in Louisiana and started dating someone Mia "knows of," then stalked him after the relationship ended and fraudulently used his credit card to buy him a phone.

And I'm curious, Mia claimed the charges were dropped, did anyone confirm that with the police?  You'd think they would take a beat to follow up before reuniting her with Tristan.

• Love 8

Mia's story is as fake as she is.  I'm so glad no one here believes it.  Even the show at this point admits it doesn't know the full story, but if so the fact that they're proceeding in any way with her and Tristan is just reprehensible.  It's irresponsible and potentially dangerous to let him continue with her until they know the truth.  They dump the decision in the poor guy's lap, meanwhile the kid is scared and confused and wants to believe the best of her because of all he's risked and invested in this sham of a show.  Of course he's naive and willing to believe her, and the show is banking on that to "save face" and distance themselves from the couple being together at all!  Them not calling it quits for this couple after all this came out and making it Tristan's decision is wrong, especially because there's evidence out there in the public domain to show that Mia is lying.  Don't tell me the show doesn't know that.  I think Tristan needs a good lawyer.  He needs someone with a clear head and no emotional involvement to take a step back and give him some good advice.  The show producers are NOT the people he should be trusting right now for anything!  Obviously he isn't well acquainted with this show or he'd know that already.  He is too willing to see all of this in epic, romantic terms.  He needs to WAKE UP!

• Love 16
4 hours ago, humbleopinion said:

Dave will be the laughingstock of the gym once word gets around he is married to CrazyAmber... guess he will be going to a different Lifetime branch...

His college friends/bros also know Amber's ex, the Dallas Douche since they all go to the same Lifetime location...Dave will be telling them that Amber dated the gym dude they all had beers with and heard stories about his crazy ex...named Amber.

I know the Dallas dating pool is supposedly not that big, but I still have a hard time believing that the show somehow didn't get wind of the fact that both of them went to the same gym and put them together knowing that they might either already know each other or know of each other.  I mean, what are the odds of all that just happening on its own?  Dr. Pepper looks in the women's underwear drawer, don't tell me she doesn't also visit them at the gym or ask them questions about what they do and where they go in their daily lives.  The show must have known that these two traveled in the same circle and it just made for even better drama, IMO.

• Love 16
54 minutes ago, Jack Sampson said:

And I'm curious, Mia claimed the charges were dropped, did anyone confirm that with the police?  You'd think they would take a beat to follow up before reuniting her with Tristan.

Given the Amended Order concerning bail shown above, they obviously didn't confirm that and at least in this episode are all too wiling to take her on her word to paint the "rosy glow" over this sordid information.  The problem is, they are playing with some poor naive kid's emotions and life in the process. Tristan is as much the show's victim as he is Mia's and it sickens me to watch it.

• Love 12
5 hours ago, PityFree said:

I find it really hilarious that Dave jumped through all these hoops  to be on the show, only to be set up with a trashy looking girl from his gym who has slept with one of his friends.

Me too! At this point I’m starting to doubt it’s one. The story may be juicier. If she simply dated the guy, I don’t see why Dave would be so upset. 

• Love 8
(edited)
12 minutes ago, ShowFan said:

Me too! At this point I’m starting to doubt it’s one. The story may be juicier. If she simply dated the guy, I don’t see why Dave would be so upset. 

Yep!  My guess is the stories the guy told about her were less than flattering, such as she cheated on him with multiple guys, or he found out she slept with pretty much every guy at the gym before he dated her.  Or that she was the "desperate one" that threw herself at every guy that walked through the door of the gym, rumors of sex in cars in the parking lot,  etc.  As soon as Amber found out Dave went to the same gym as her, her face fell like she knew she had a bad reputation there and that word might already or might later have gotten to him about it. 

Edited by Yeah No
  • Love 14
(edited)

Mia is a master of little white lies.  “They let me go, everything is fine, I must not be a threat”.  Mia girl, they let EVERYONE go who pays bond.  They let CONVICTED CRIMINALS go because there isn’t enough jail space.  I might believe the CC fraud stuff is true, someone busted into her car and got her and her ex’s personal info - but I want to see the receipts about where that iPhone X was delivered.  Notice she never directly addressed the stalking charges.  She was in the clink for two days, wonder if she got a prison wife and Tristan has even more to worry about?

The experts were such a huge fail in this ep.  They get all nosy about sex and family relationships, but an arrest for stalking 3 times pops up and they don’t coach Tristan on questions to ask her or sit down with her and ask direct questions themselves.  When she finally admitted to Tristan that she knew of him the next obvious question is “Well, have you ever spent time with him?  Gone on a date with him?  He’s in a different city, how often were you in that town?”  Because Mia didn’t say much other than the very general “It’s all lies” it’s not going to be easy to hold her accountable for the truth because she didn’t share any details.  I’m sure there is a detail or two in her ex’s report that is a lie and she can say “I told the truth, its a lie” when 95% of the report is likely true.   When the truth comes out it will be all “Mia, did you go to your ex’s workplace on 12/17 in a blue Tshirt and blue jeans and refuse to leave?” And Mia will be “It’s all lies ... I went to his workplace on 12/17 and refused to leave in a blue/green Tshirt and blue jeans.  I want justice for his lies!”

Edited by Booger666
  • Love 6

Mia is a liar, and I feel bad for Tristan because this shit show should've intervened and found an attorney for him to consult. Why weren't any of the experts there in person? You have a potential criminal and exposed this man to someone unstable, and all you can do is FaceTime? No, get your ass on a plane and go there in person to ask tough questions because she had two days to craft responses and create a favourable story. She was answering questions before he finished asking. He should've been talking to his family. Not sequestered in a hotel room for two days. 

Sweetie, someone stole your car with identifying information inside subsequently stole your identity and proceeded to stalk your ex as YOU? Where's that police report? What kind of identity thief doesn't max out credit cards and open new accounts or get loans? Why would this person want to stalk a mutual friend/ex of yours? Total rubbish And said criminal proceeded to psychotically text, show up to the ex's job, home, and had more than one police report filed against them. I'm pretty sure the ex had receipts like the countless text messages, security footage from the job, and the incidents where she was told to leave him alone. Exes can be vindictive, but she changed her name on social media, drove four hours--more than once, and ordered stuff with his credit card. Where was that iPHONE X shipped again? I'm pretty sure phone records can prove that she was texting him, too. 

I hope Tristan discovers the truth and bolts in time to get an annulment. I recall a scene from the first episode--of what to expect this season--where he says to her, "You've been lying to me." She was sitting on the floor or in the closet crying with no tears again.

• Love 11

I’m not sure what’s more disturbing ...having to watch so many times a repeat of a 40 year old woman puke from partying  ..or JamieO’s speech diarrhea. I really want to watch the Unfiltered but i jus can’t handle it!

• Love 4
10 hours ago, Empress1 said:

I REALLY wish the podcast were around for this episode!

Me too - Tara does tweet during the show though.  I think this season is so f'ed up that they decided they couldn't possibly talk about this shit show every week!

I cannot believe that the show will allow Mia to continue to charade for 8 weeks of identity theft and poor Tristan!  What a joke.  

• Love 5

After looking at Mia's LinkedIn the company she worked for at the time of the staking was based in Monroe, I am not sure if she lived there but it is suspicions to me that once she stopped working for them the in person stalking stopped for a few months and then went to phone/facebook stalking.

mia5.thumb.jpg.61cabb01a7c6839410e8ef8516601a52.jpg

• Love 2
4 hours ago, Jack Sampson said:

My understanding is that Louisiana declined to extradite her on their warrant (it costs them money). Tarrant County released her but the charges are still in place and she could be arrested if she goes back to Louisiana.

• Love 9
6 minutes ago, MV713 said:

Me too - Tara does tweet during the show though.  I think this season is so f'ed up that they decided they couldn't possibly talk about this shit show every week!

I cannot believe that the show will allow Mia to continue to charade for 8 weeks of identity theft and poor Tristan!  What a joke.  

And her story is easily debunked. An entry-level production assistant could get this figured out in a day, with a few Google searches. There’s a paper trail. There are police reports. If she was released on bond, the charges weren’t dropped. What’s she going to do when she has to go back to court? Tristan taking her word for it is one (dumb) thing, but it makes the show, whose job it ostensibly is to vet these people, look lazy at best and negligent at worst. The show being like “Oh word, it’s all lies? Ok, cool” is RIDICULOUS. 

I’m going to assume Mia is lying every time she opens her mouth.

• Love 10

JamieO was in camera hogging mode last night...it startled the guests but not the faithful viewing audience how much she was steering the conversation towards herself....

Jamie, new viewers don't know and old viewers barely remember Doug so quit with inserting yourself into every situation of the current season...your act of being horrified about your stranger husband has worn thin...

Why Bobby isn't the new Anthony D'Amico?

Why don't we love the aw shucks Bobby and his wry humor as we did Mr. Petta-D'Amico?

Why isn't the audience happy, happy for Bobby and Danielle?

Because we know something isn't sitting right...what is it?

Bobby is torn between being a macho, outdoors man, duck hunter with Daddy and being an attentive obedient son to Mother....

Bobby...grab the wheel of the bus...Danielle told you flat out she doesn't want to be the sexual aggressor...she wants you to gallop up on the white steed , sweep her off her feet, and  ride her off the the marital bed....your buddies sold you out as a wuss to your bride at the reception so reverse that while you can.....

Took a hard look at Danielle's eyebrows and decided they look like they appear to been cut out of my brown bath mat and glued over her eyes.

Their density  and crisp boundary lines means Danielle must maintain them scrupulously or all hell will break loose.....

• Love 10

Just have to vent.  Hate Jamie, wish they would find someone else that doesn’t talk about herself.  Don’t believe the experts .. this episode made them look like fools.  Too much of Tristen and the “ detained” shit.  Mia is a crook, maybe that’s why she always has her head down as she’s guilty.  Hate Ambers hair.  You would think she would take better care of it .. it looks like a horse’s tail .. poor Dave he’ll be the laughing stock of the gym.  I like Bobby and Danielle.  They could work out the “ working mother” thing.  They both look like decent people.  This show is getting crazier by the minute .. I don’t know what to believe.  Don’t like any of the experts.  They aren’t taking Mia’s problem seriously.  That’s all.

• Love 6

Bobby...is it just me, every time I see him, I think he is one of John Boy Walton's brothers. He looks like a Walton to me. But there is something creepy about him. Like a few years down the road, we will find out there are prostitutes tied up in the basement or something. There is something inherently creepy about him. 

Mia...I mean, WHY? Why is she on the show? I'm presuming she knew all this would come out about her. How did any of this get past the "experts"? Tristan, call whoever you need to call and say "get me out of this STAT before she starts stalking me!"

Please, please tell us why Dave freaked when he realized it was "Amber" that dated his friend! I want to know, she gives off a crazy vibe too. She is so baby mad, I could picture her taking a used condom and trying to get the residue out and make a baby that way. 

This show is even more of a trainwreck than usual. Why do I watch? 

• Love 17
16 minutes ago, Empress1 said:

And her story is easily debunked. An entry-level production assistant could get this figured out in a day, with a few Google searches. There’s a paper trail. There are police reports. If she was released on bond, the charges weren’t dropped. What’s she going to do when she has to go back to court? Tristan taking her word for it is one (dumb) thing, but it makes the show, whose job it ostensibly is to vet these people, look lazy at best and negligent at worst. The show being like “Oh word, it’s all lies? Ok, cool” is RIDICULOUS. 

I’m going to assume Mia is lying every time she opens her mouth.

I can just imagine that any good lawyer would see a potential lawsuit for Tristan to slap on the show.  How much and when did the show know it?  How irresponsible and negligent is it of them to let him pursue the relationship when there was public information out there showing she was lying and was out on bail?  Ignorance would be no excuse.  I don't care how many waivers the participants sign - This kind of situation would probably supersede that.

14 minutes ago, humbleopinion said:

Why Bobby isn't the new Anthony D'Amico?

Why don't we love the aw shucks Bobby and his wry humor as we did Mr. Petta-D'Amico?

Why isn't the audience happy, happy for Bobby and Danielle?

Because we know something isn't sitting right...what is it?

Bobby emits a dark, controlling vibe.  He's putting on the "gee shucks" act for now but sooner or later he'll show his true colors.

• Love 6
11 hours ago, LilaFowler said:

I was so weirded out by Mia that I forgot about the other two couples.

Amber/Dave: Amber dated someone that he has had a beer with "a couple of times." I didn't get the impression that he and this other guy are great, close friends. I'm dying to know what he told Dave about Amber when they were dating. I have a feeling that this is going to be an issue with them, and that Dave has already sent the guy an email asking for more crazy dirt. I don't like Amber. The way that she constantly talks about having a baby with this guy that she just met/married is off-putting. She's desperate and it's pathetic.

Danielle/Bobby: She doesn't know what she wants and seems lost. She told the experts that she wanted a man who had "Southern values" but is disappointed when he suggests that she could become a SAHM. I'm wondering what traits she thinks a traditional, conservative man wants in a wife, because I'm betting Danielle won't have them. That said, Bobby seems so thrilled to be this close to a real, live woman (who isn't his mother) that he's going to say all of the right things for the moment. I'm betting this won't last, though. Even if they stay married at the end of the show, this relationship will run its course and they'll split.

9 hours ago, PityFree said:

I find it really hilarious that Dave jumped through all these hoops  to be on the show, only to be set up with a trashy looking girl from his gym who has slept with one of his friends.

8 hours ago, PupCal said:

This is shaping up to be an excellent season not for MaFS's record but for All the Drama.

Mia's a lying liar who lies (Tristan your damn sign from God was when she got detained for two days at the airport! I'm pretty sure they don't do that if it's actually a case of mistaken identity).

Bobby just wants a SAHM; he switched his tune wayyy too fast.

I'm dying to know what Dave's buddy told him about her.

8 hours ago, Nancybeth said:

I had my entire wallet stolen a few months ago, including my DL, all my credit cards and insurance cards. The first thing I did was shut off the credit cards. Then I filed a police report and put in an alert with the credit bureaus. I was not held responsible for any charges that occurred after the wallet was stolen and have a paper trail that shows that I wasnt in possession of my IDs. Mia should have the same. You don't get arrested for stalking if someone else is using your ID, it doesn't work like that. 

Mia IS a lying liar who lies and the producers know the truth and they're trying to salvage the  season. Tristan will find out the real story on Decision Day. 

8 hours ago, humbleopinion said:

Dave is already starting his slow walk backwards towards the door.

Feel bad for Amber.

Her past colliding with her present...she's in her mid thirties and Dallas does not have that deep of a dating pool....so the possibility was there

6 hours ago, bichonblitz said:

She is a very, very bad liar. Run, Tristan, Run! She's a stalking, stealing psycopath!

3 hours ago, Yeah No said:

I know the Dallas dating pool is supposedly not that big, but I still have a hard time believing that the show somehow didn't get wind of the fact that both of them went to the same gym and put them together knowing that they might either already know each other or know of each other.  I mean, what are the odds of all that just happening on its own?  Dr. Pepper looks in the women's underwear drawer, don't tell me she doesn't also visit them at the gym or ask them questions about what they do and where they go in their daily lives.  The show must have known that these two traveled in the same circle and it just made for even better drama, IMO.

3 hours ago, ShowFan said:

3 hours ago, Yeah No said:

Yep!  My guess is the stories the guy told about her were less than flattering, such as she cheated on him with multiple guys, or he found out she slept with pretty much every guy at the gym before he dated her.  Or that she was the "desperate one" that threw herself at every guy that walked through the door of the gym, rumors of sex in cars in the parking lot,  etc.  As soon as Amber found out Dave went to the same gym as her, her face fell like she knew she had a bad reputation there and that word might already or might later have gotten to him about it. 

I think Tristan wants to be on this show to promote his business and the supposedly modest but not tiny amount of money they get each week. When he wants a divorce at the end, no one will blame him. Mia is wierd and maybe dangerous. I don’t believe a word that come out her mouth. She has humiliated herself and her family by coming on this show.

Dave is acting like a man who is distinctly turned off by his friend’s sloppy seconds. If true, then this is a pretty sexist attitude. Amber has the right to have a sex life before him. If it is something much worse then he needs to spill the tea.  Amber’s extensions are looking rough. With the bleaching I bet her real hair is in bad shape.

• Love 5

Mia/Tristan: I agree with everyone here that she is lying and if Tristan cared at all about a genuine marriage, he would know it too. In order for what she said to be true, the ex-boyfriend/accuser would be identifying his stalker based on the car she was driving instead of her actual identity. Who steals a car and then goes stalking in it? The story on the report that Tristan retold was also that the stalker purchased something using the boyfriend's card not Mia's. How would the car thief get access to the ex-boyfriend's card? Nothing she is saying makes one iota of sense. 

Mia is also very manipulative. Mr. red12 and I noticed the first thing she did when he opened the door was fall into his arms and play sad damsel in distress. That is not normal to do to a stranger you wouldn't even kiss. Tristan went right into Captain Save 'em mode and any logical thought he had a chance of having went out of the window.

Growing up in the Bible belt, I have also seen many people do what Tristan did throughout the episode which is abdicate logical thought in favor of "trust God". When he was confused and just wanted to mentally escape the situation, he defaulted to language about trusting God, commitment before God, etc... instead of trying to actually figure out what was happening and making a decision based on facts. This is not much different than an alcoholic just driving to the nearest bar when they don't want to deal anymore.

It was also clear that MAFS doesn't give a crap about either of them. The production company and the "experts" were setting up scenes to cover their liability. That is it. If anything else goes south with these two the explanation will be how Mia is a liar and everyone was conned in addition to it being totally Tristan's decision to stay with her. Conversely, if by some miracle Mia is being truthful, MAFS will indemnify themselves with something like "This is why we kept reminding Tristan and the audience that there are two sides to every story. We never said Mia was guilty. We were working with what we had at the time."

• Love 15
5 minutes ago, qtpye said:

I think Tristan wants to be on this show to promote his business and the supposedly modest but not tiny amount of money they get each week. When he wants a divorce at the end, no one will blame him. Mia is wierd and maybe dangerous. I don’t believe a word that come out her mouth. She has humiliated herself and her family by coming on this show.

Dave is acting like a man who is distinctly turned off by his friend’s sloppy seconds. If true, then this is a pretty sexist attitude. Amber has the right to have a sex life before him. If it is something much worse then he needs to spill the tea.  Amber’s extensions are looking rough. With the bleaching I bet her real hair is in bad shape.

How I cackled envisioning Mia's dad watching this on tv. The editors and producers were also giving Real Housewives production level shade by being sure to show and replay the father's attempt to threaten Tristan regarding Mia's "virtue". 

I understand your point about Dave. But, I don't think anyone would be that excited to find out after sleeping with someone that they slept with a creepy acquaintance of yours and withheld the information until after sleeping with you. Regardless of gender, that is a crappy thing to do. If the situation were reversed and Dave withheld this info from Amber until after he had sex with her, he would not be able to live it down with viewers.

Every criticism of Amber's hair is correct. Her real hair is absolutely in bad shape and she will have a hard time even if she darkens it because the length is not complementary to her square jaw line. She needs something that comes below her jaw and unfortunately, the amount of healthy hair on her head at this time can't do that based on the shorter layers I see laying above her extensions.

• Love 5
11 hours ago, LilaFowler said:

Which is more likely: that there was some other woman in the Dallas area pretending to be Mia, using her info and stalking a man which brought about these charges OR that Mia stalked an ex-boyfriend over a period of months, got caught and is lying about it? I think we all know the answer. This show is terrible for allowing this charade to continue. The fact that Mia so casually lies about what is going on is WEIRD. That is not normal or healthy behavior. Tristan is likely married to a complete psychopath.

Everyone is lying.

• Love 4

Why do I watch this show?...because I love...love!

Dave wishes he had a get out of jail free card like Tristan has...never has anything been so aptly named....

Tristan is so bamboozled by Ameea's bull shit that he appears dazed and confused from lack of sleep and lack of information and bad acting....

Too bad he didn't exchange phone numbers with his Father in law, Indar and sister in law, Diedre...

I would have loved to see Tristan yelling in the phone...WTF? You let your lying sack of shit daughter/sister embarrass your family and me on TV?

Instead of writhing around in dramatic agony, Tristan should have been on LegalZoom burning up the keyboard with questions and clarifications about his wife's warrant.

Then go to his online banking and credit accounts to see if he has suspicious activity on his personal and tutoring business accounts....just saying.

Amber's bloom is off the rose... did Dave really think he was going to be matched with a virgin?

Jana Duggar is available but she is on another basic cable show and you cannot cross networks...

Amber's dating past unfortunately collided with Dave's buddy circle...The worse of Venn diagrams.

Amber can get a reprieve by being magical between the sheets.

Show Dave all day, everyday that he is the ONE....convince him that she had to kiss frogs, even frogs they both know in her journey to be his wife...

Dave and Amber have been around the block and both know talent when they see it so if they are compatible under the covers, there may be some hope...

Dave seems the type who can forgive Amber if the quality of sack time is plentiful and exceptional...and he can boast to his bros that she is all access in bed...and can't get enough of him, no holds barred...nothing off the table...

His circle of friends who are long timed married with kids, who have sex once a month if the kids aren't in mommy and daddy's bed with be wistful and envious of the unfettered sexy time...and Amber rises from the ashes....

Bobby is like one of those Lifetime Channel leading men...

Perfect on paper, but a tightly wound bundle of insecurities, roiling anger just under the placid surface, pictures of ex girlfriends with their eyes scratched out, and an Oedipal complex sprinkled in... makes Mr. Dodd a dry bundle of tinder ,ready to burn hot and fast with any spark...

• Love 14