Type keyword(s) to search

Season 10 Spoilers, Speculation and Social Media

• Start Topic

I envy you two travelers.  Mr. X doesn't travel well, but even though he HATES Hawaii, I told him we are going to go there for our 50th, if we live to celebrate it.  We've actually been to Alaska.

I agree that Canadians are nice people.  I got to go to a couple of conventions in my younger years, and they were very welcoming and gracious.  

Back to topic:  is tonight the Season Finale of SW?  

• Love 4
3 hours ago, xwordfanatik said:

I'm demented enough to have watched the SouthPark movie...with the "Blame Canada" song.

I love BC, the only province I've been to.  I don't get out much.

I live in BC.... love it...the mountain and ocean views are to die for.

They might even make angels sing  😀

• LOL 5
  • Love 4
21 minutes ago, Joan of Argh said:

Singk.  In BrownSpeak, of course!

One of my favorite memories from my teen years is going to Victoria with my parents and sister.  The wax museum was so cool!  Butchart Gardens was lovely.

• Love 4

I was on Twitter earlier and kept seeing tweets about Robbin (Robyn) getting a home with 7 bedrooms and over 6800 sq ft. What is going on. If I’m in the wrong thread please steer me to the correct one. Thanks friends. 

• LOL 3
2 hours ago, Joan of Argh said:

Lucky you Joan.  I was born in Vancouver, moved to Coquitlam 1962, then to Toronto 1969.  Still have family and friends in Vancouver, get back for visits just about every year.

• Love 5
On 3/16/2019 at 10:15 PM, Sandy W said:

Property taxes on the Brown's LV homes run $400. per month

Wow. $4G a year . Where i live in the NorthEast USA my taxes are over $11,000 a year.  I can’t believe the Browns have the money for land & 4 brand new homes... it’s unbelievable 

• Love 3
48 minutes ago, Sandy W said:

Lucky you Joan.  I was born in Vancouver, moved to Coquitlam 1962, then to Toronto 1969.  Still have family and friends in Vancouver, get back for visits just about every year.

Oh wow, sounds a lot like me but I wound up back in Vancouver area. 

Was born in New Westminster, grew up in Surrey.. Then moved to Calgary for the oil boom back in the late 70's and 80's... Met my hubby there (he was from Montreal originally)..  our son was born in Calgary and shortly after that I wanted to be closer to family so back to BC and settled for a few years in Coquitlam.... Eventually we bought land and built a custom home in Maple Ridge which we love ❤

I love Toronto and we go there almost every year to visit family and friends. 👍

• Love 6
6 hours ago, xwordfanatik said:

Singk.  In BrownSpeak, of course!

One of my favorite memories from my teen years is going to Victoria with my parents and sister.  The wax museum was so cool!  Butchart Gardens was lovely.

My mom and great aunt went to Butchart Gardens and loved every minute of it.  I've never been to Canada, but would love to go.

• Love 4

The only reason I can come up with, in regards to Janelle’s and Robyn’s rental being close to the same amount of $$ is because Janelle’s places is being rented as furnished?!?

Thanks for the welcome. 🙂 I had to come out of lurking once I discovered the Brown’s deeds. The info was too good for me to hold on to! Lol

• Love 13
3 minutes ago, RootyBoots said:

Thanks for the welcome. 🙂 I had to come out of lurking once I discovered the Brown’s deeds. The info was too good for me to hold on to! Lol

Glad you are playing and not just lurking!  It's too much fun to resist, anyway!

• Love 7

I am being driven insane by the new promo TLC keeps airing ad nauseum.

Aspyn: It feels like they're running from something, but I don't know what they're running from.

Me: I'm putting my money on any number of harebrained, half-baked decisions.

• LOL 8
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, RootyBoots said:

The only reason I can come up with, in regards to Janelle’s and Robyn’s rental being close to the same amount of $$ is because Janelle’s places is being rented as furnished?!?

Welcome aboard Rootyboots...  thanks for the tea.  👍

• Love 8
(edited)
4 hours ago, Tabbygirl521 said:

I wish I knew the rationale behind whose names are on which deeds. Why “two-wives-and-a-Kody” on a deed?

Kody/Robyn/Christine $300k CASH  (100% sale price)

Kody/Janelle/Meri $180k CASH        (100% sale price)

Mortgage lots- Kody/Janelle and Kody/Robyn

If you notice, the lots that they now own outright have all the wives on them, plus Kody. So if they don't sell the LV homes for the amounts they are wanting, and if they have equity loans on those houses to buy these lots (my assumption- where else did they come up with a shit-ton of cash?), then they can sell the other mortgaged lots to pay off the equity lines.

Meri and Christine are now mortgaged to the hilt with other homes. If they end up in any weird financial shenanigans, they and their properties won't be impacted. Thinking about foreclosure, trying to sell the lots or bankruptcy.

Edited by Galloway Cave
  • Love 4
4 minutes ago, Kyanight said:

Hey ladies - HOW much is Robyn paying to rent that house?  People are trying to say she pays $1400 a month and I call bull on that.  FLAGSTAFF - 7 bedrooms and 5 bathrooms??

I thought someone posted somewhere on this forum that the rents/mortgage are around $3500 for each house. A $1400 rent on a place in Flag is for a two bedroom condo.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, Kyanight said:

Hey ladies - HOW much is Robyn paying to rent that house?  People are trying to say she pays $1400 a month and I call bull on that.  FLAGSTAFF - 7 bedrooms and 5 bathrooms??

Yeah, unless the landlord is getting extra perks, no way.  Oh my hell, I'm terrible.  

• LOL 6
  • Love 2

Sorry if this was posted before, but I just saw the commercial that Kody was involved in for their latest open houses in Las Vegas. Man, I think they are getting desperate and are really feeling the money pinch, to get these houses sold. I think they are coming to the realization, that the "Low seven figures" that Kody had banked on from the selling of these homes, is going to be less than half of that. I really think they thought that cause they are "celebrities" that people would snatch up these homes quick.  Plus I think it's kind of funny that even with this promotion of Kody being there at these open houses, they still reduced the homes again after the open houses.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x-Fidz3qWSc

• LOL 4
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, NotinKansasanymore said:

Sorry if this was posted before, but I just saw the commercial that Kody was involved in for their latest open houses in Las Vegas. Man, I think they are getting desperate and are really feeling the money pinch, to get these houses sold. I think they are coming to the realization, that the "Low seven figures" that Kody had banked on from the selling of these homes, is going to be less than half of that. I really think they thought that cause they are "celebrities" that people would snatch up these homes quick.  Plus I think it's kind of funny that even with this promotion of Kody being there at these open houses, they still reduced the homes again after the open houses.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x-Fidz3qWSc

That's some desperation right there.  All they're going to get are nosy neighbors and lookyloos.

• LOL 2
  • Love 4
20 minutes ago, Jeanne222 said:

I thought on the show the realtor told them the homes would be snapped up with the market we are in now!  I'm guessing the homes are either over priced or in bad shape!

Yeah, that was funny - and sad!  She said the homes would probably sell immediately - or within a month?  Something like that.  And here we are... going on a year later...

• LOL 3
  • Love 5
20 minutes ago, Jeanne222 said:

I thought on the show the realtor told them the homes would be snapped up with the market we are in now!  I'm guessing the homes are either over priced or in bad shape!

I will guess both.  I find it odd that Miserable Meticulous Meri's house didn't sell before Robyn's.

2 minutes ago, Kohola3 said:

Probably both. I bet Mona is regretting having said those words on camera!

Yes.  Mona is not going to gain any clients with that statement.  

• LOL 1
  • Love 6

I just randomly re-watched some of season 3 - when they moved into LV rentals  - and some of season 5 when they were buying land to build. Kody was  upset that Meri rented a house that cost as much as the other wives given that she had only 1 daughter. Meri cried.

Later Janelle explained that she had always made the most money of the sister wives, and over the years  it would irritate her when Meri got an equal budget because then Meri got some extra money to spend. 

However, she then explained that it wasn't Meri's choice to have only 1 child and therefore she shouldn't be penalized for something that wasn't her choice. She had an epiphany and said she understood. And ever since the 4 wives have had an equal budget regardless of their family size.

I find this ironic of course,  since now Meri once again rented the most extremely lavish house she could find in Flagstaff. Meri is doing this on purpose to stick it to all of them.

• Love 7
13 minutes ago, Tuxcat said:

I find this ironic of course,  since now Meri once again rented the most extremely lavish house she could find in Flagstaff. Meri is doing this on purpose to stick it to all of them.

Ya know, as much as I dislike Meri, I say good for her, spend away!

• Love 8
3 hours ago, Tuxcat said:

I just randomly re-watched some of season 3 - when they moved into LV rentals  - and some of season 5 when they were buying land to build. Kody was  upset that Meri rented a house that cost as much as the other wives given that she had only 1 daughter. Meri cried.

Later Janelle explained that she had always made the most money of the sister wives, and over the years  it would irritate her when Meri got an equal budget because then Meri got some extra money to spend. 

However, she then explained that it wasn't Meri's choice to have only 1 child and therefore she shouldn't be penalized for something that wasn't her choice. She had an epiphany and said she understood. And ever since the 4 wives have had an equal budget regardless of their family size.

You know good and well that has always been an issue, Meri getting as much as the other wives.  

• Love 5

Forgive me if this has been asked and answered, but did I read that Christine BOUGHT the house that she is renting?  If so, why would she do that?

I remain gobsmacked at how these people are affording payments on their unsold homes, their rentals and their new homes.  How, I ask you?!?

• Love 7

I'd never be able to dill with the kind of debt the Brown clowns must have.  Just the interest alone on loans is a budget-killer for too many people, especially these big spenders that live far beyond their means.  

We have a friend who is self-employed and has never owned a credit card.  He lives the way my depression-era parents did.  If they didn't have the cash savings, they did without.  Kootie and the Gang will never own anything outright, it seems.

• Love 5
17 hours ago, Joan of Argh said:

I'm hoping that the reality show house flipper couple in Vegas will buy them and go in and tell us how much work needs to be done and how cheap crappy they are. 😂

I would be willing to pay per view those episodes!!!

• LOL 6
  • Love 2

I don't think people are looking at the big picture of just how much money these reality shows pay!

The other evening I was watching Don't Be Tardy with Kim Z!  She was consoling her daughter Brielle who wants to move out and get her own apartment!

Kim told Brielle "your doing ok your making six figures"!  Some might think $100,000 but remember $900,000 is also six figures!

This polg group is raking in the cash!  Bet on it!  Kody, each sister wife, each kid and even fat Tony!  Everybody!

• Love 4

OK.    So I am guessing that when the board was unavailable a couple of weeks ago, what they were actually doing was adding the ads at the bottom of the posts.  (Where you compose.)   Hey - I understand - ad revenue is what brings us the forum - for free!  So it's ok!

BUT - I get really grossed out looking at that ad for ear-wax removal all the time.  I'm trying to write out my thoughts and my eyes are drawn down to the...EAR.

That's all.  Just wanted to gripe.

• LOL 9
  • Love 4
12 minutes ago, Kyanight said:

BUT - I get really grossed out looking at that ad for ear-wax removal all the time.  I'm trying to write out my thoughts and my eyes are drawn down to the...EAR.

I'm getting pergolas.  Wonder how they're deciding...….

• Love 4
13 hours ago, Jeanne222 said:

I don't think people are looking at the big picture of just how much money these reality shows pay!

The other evening I was watching Don't Be Tardy with Kim Z!  She was consoling her daughter Brielle who wants to move out and get her own apartment!

Kim told Brielle "your doing ok your making six figures"!  Some might think $100,000 but remember $900,000 is also six figures!

This polg group is raking in the cash!  Bet on it!  Kody, each sister wife, each kid and even fat Tony!  Everybody!

From what I understand TLC pays a lot less than Bravo.  They may make quite a bit more than the average Joe but there are a lot of them and it keeps them upper middle class not rich is my guess.  They also make less than sound financial decisions.  

• Useful 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 8
27 minutes ago, outtahere said:

This woman seems to have an idea what they earn for Sister Wives.

She's a bit off since they pay by the episode not the season.  TLC's general practice is to also pay by the family with the participants setting up some kind of corporation to receive payment for everyone.  And the other poster above is correct, TLC is not a wealthy network.  

• Useful 1
  • Love 4

I have read TLC only pays by the family as well, not individually. For the sake of argument, let’s say they were getting nearly $800,000 a year from the show like the article suggested, which I highly doubt. I still don’t see how they would be making it even before the Arizona buying spree and subsequent move. Taxes are going to eat up a third to a half of the original $800k. Reality shows pay you as an independent contractor so you are responsible for everything.  Plus, they have to pay 10%-15% to agents and managers. So they probably would actually be splitting around $300k-400k four ways. I don’t know how they would survive on that when they would have four mortgages, a million people to feed and clothe, health expenses (if they even have health insurance), plus the cars, trips, weddings, college tuition and miscellaneous crap like Janelle’s ridiculous certificate thing. I don’t even want to image how much they are paying for car insurance with the eleventy cars they seem to own.

I am still in the camp someone won the lottery or a jackpot on a slot machine. Their finances do not add up. These are not savvy people who can wisely invest a dollar and get ten back. They aren’t savers and seem to be in the buy now camp and figure out how to pay for it later.  Other than Meri, they don’t seem to have any other viable income. They aren’t the type of reality stars that get a million endorsements because polygamous are not going to be a big seller. What little endorsements they have likely don’t pay much of anything. I do wonder if they are starting businesses and taking loans against the businesses to pay the bills. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 5
3 hours ago, xwordfanatik said:

I hadn't noticed the ads.  I'm pretty good at tuning them out.

So when does TLC decide whether to bestow another season on Kootie and the Gang?  Is this coming Sunday the last episode?

There’s still more.....

D693EAFC-599A-422D-B6A7-54586E3A8516.jpeg

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
3 hours ago, Natalie68 said:

From what I understand TLC pays a lot less than Bravo.  They may make quite a bit more than the average Joe but there are a lot of them and it keeps them upper middle class not rich is my guess.  They also make less than sound financial decisions.  

But the show I presented with the six figure income for one of the daughters is only a half hour show.  The SW show is 2 hours. 

I still think the amount they are pulling in is staggering and we can't even imagine.  This Sunday I'm going to take pencil and paper and write down the sponsors.  I think there are some really big names with big $$ included.

2 hours ago, outtahere said:

This woman seems to have an idea what they earn for Sister Wives.

https://soapdirt.com/sister-wives-canceled-or-renewed-will-kody-brown-get-season-14/

Sister Wives: Salary Vs Ratings

Kody was so sure he could bring in viewers that he made TLC a deal on salary. Instead of the $180,000 per season each adult in this plural marriage was paid he cut it down to one salary. He offered to do Sister Wives Season 12 for just one salary split between the five adults. Apparently, it worked as they went on to do Season 12 and now we’re watching Kody and his family in season 13.

Dang $180,000 per adult with no education or skills other than loving Kody and Kody flipping his hair and running amok. 

And then there is this;  Kody Brown earns around $800,000, also Meri Brown earns $400,000, and Janelle Brown has $400,000 combine for a net worth of about $1.6 million. Moreover, Brown has gained colossal fame from the reality show and has earned pretty much wealth.Jan 13, 2019

https://allstarbio.com/kody-brown-family-children-wiki-age-net-worth-married-wife/

Are you a fan of TLC series Sister Wives? If yes you must be familiar with the name Kody Brown. If not you don’t have to worry we here to make you know who he is. Before rising to fame he worked as an advertising salesman in Utah. The first season of Sister Wives follows him and Robyn Sullivan his fourth wife.

https://allstarbio.com/kody-brown-family-children-wiki-age-net-worth-married-wife/

An advertising salesman.  No wonder he's so good at what he does.  It's his speciality!

Downtown Kody Brown.  lol

• Love 1
5 minutes ago, Jeanne222 said:

But the show I presented with the six figure income for one of the daughters is only a half hour show.  The SW show is 2 hours. 

I still think the amount they are pulling in is staggering and we can't even imagine.  This Sunday I'm going to take pencil and paper and write down the sponsors.  I think there are some really big names with big $$ included.

Sister Wives: Salary Vs Ratings

Kody was so sure he could bring in viewers that he made TLC a deal on salary. Instead of the $180,000 per season each adult in this plural marriage was paid he cut it down to one salary. He offered to do Sister Wives Season 12 for just one salary split between the five adults. Apparently, it worked as they went on to do Season 12 and now we’re watching Kody and his family in season 13.

Dang $180,000 per adult with no education or skills other than loving Kody and Kody flipping his hair and running amok. 

And then there is this;  Kody Brown earns around $800,000, also Meri Brown earns $400,000, and Janelle Brown has $400,000 combine for a net worth of about $1.6 million. Moreover, Brown has gained colossal fame from the reality show and has earned pretty much wealth.Jan 13, 2019

Not my hill to die on just going by what has been reported over the years.  I am curious what you think is a staggering salary, the only folks in reality that actually make a HUGE salary are NeNe, Kim from Tardy, Bethenny, LVP, all from Bravo.  Even John and Kate made way more $ than me but still not millions in a season.

• Love 6
58 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

There’s still more.....

Ugh, more Gabe drama? Kid, you are sitting pretty and have life by the nads - stop whining and count your freaking blessings.

Edited by Gothish520
  • Love 3
5 minutes ago, Natalie68 said:

Not my hill to die on just going by what has been reported over the years.  I am curious what you think is a staggering salary, the only folks in reality that actually make a HUGE salary are NeNe, Kim from Tardy, Bethenny, LVP, all from Bravo.  Even John and Kate made way more $ than me but still not millions in a season.

The Little Couple have done quite well.  Say Yes to the Dress keeps going up and up.  I noticed TLC is very diversified in their productions.  They have several like the two above but lots more in their 'package'. 

Bravo is really into the Housewives and Flipping Out and Million Dollar Listing.

Honestly I think those that stay are making a boatload of $$$.

Judge Judy  47 Million per year.

Here's a few I could find.  https://www.cheatsheet.com/money-career/these-are-the-richest-reality-tv-stars-in-america.html/

• Useful 2
  • Love 1
11 minutes ago, Jeanne222 said:

The Little Couple have done quite well.  Say Yes to the Dress keeps going up and up.  I noticed TLC is very diversified in their productions.  They have several like the two above but lots more in their 'package'. 

Bravo is really into the Housewives and Flipping Out and Million Dollar Listing.

Honestly I think those that stay are making a boatload of $$$.

Judge Judy  47 Million per year.

Here's a few I could find.  https://www.cheatsheet.com/money-career/these-are-the-richest-reality-tv-stars-in-america.html/

Apples and Oranges when looking at JJ and the Browns.  If they are  so flush why have they had liens for non payment of med bills (Robyn and maybe Christine) and trash service (Janelle)?  The Little Couple have actual careers and the Browns have poorly made leggings.  That said they do make way more than me but I would guess most of us here could get ourselves out of a financial pickle better than they could.  Mortgaged to the hilt.  My guess is they needed all of the names on the new properties because their debt to to income ratio wasn't ideal and no one could do it alone.  Also, for rich people 80K down on property isn't that much and it sounds like it took all they had so they cannot build yet.  But whatevs.

Edited by Natalie68
  • Love 13
2 minutes ago, Natalie68 said:

Apples and Oranges when looking at JJ and the Browns.  If they are  so flush why have they had liens for non payment of med bills (Robyn and maybe Christine) and trash service (Janelle)?  The Little Couple have actual careers and the Browns have poorly made leggings.  That said they do make way more than me but I would guess most of us here could get ourselves out of a financial pickle better than they could.  Mortgaged to the hilt.  My guess is they needed all of the names in the property because their debt to to income ratio wasn't ideal and no one could do it alone.  But whatevs.

I have an idea that Kody is pretty good at the marketing and sales of the program and his ideas.

I suspect they are not good at finances.

I will say I think a lot of this craziness Kody goes through is in trying to keep the ratings up and viewer interest.

We can't be satisfied with wedding after wedding and births are the Duggers big draw. 

So Kody throws caution to the wind financially and  packs up the whole gang and goes to Flagstaff where they get another season

• Love 3
2 hours ago, ginger90 said:

There’s still more.....

My gut is telling me that this plyg-style, onesie quad-plex had already been signed off on by the wives and it's construction will be the crown jewel of next season.

Why, Robyn has already got her creative juices flowing for the design of this newest addition to the Brownie joolry line.  It will join those extraordinary pieces that came before it, such as the Brownie Tree of Life(tm) and Meri's Fidelis (Fido, for short) necklace. The Benjamin's are gonna roll in!

• LOL 2
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, Natalie68 said:

I agree and JMO but I don't think Kootie would be stressing about selling the Vegas houses if they were making millions.

• Love 12