Type keyword(s) to search

Season 10 Spoilers, Speculation and Social Media

• Start Topic

(edited)
57 minutes ago, dreadfulLeigh said:

Luxury lifestyle? 😂 luxury homes? 😂Sure they’re big, but they’re basic as fuck. Flat, beige-y, uselessly cavernous, cheap cheap cheap. Even if it were my style, the finish screams builder basic, quantity over quality. 

They are builder quality. I doubt Meri's house is as beat up as Christine's, but they aren't what I would call luxury.  Again, realtor bs.

On a side note, I'm aggravated with my autocorrect.  It kept changing Meri to hero.  Yeah no.

Edited by toodles
  • LOL 15
  • Love 5
2 hours ago, toodles said:

They are builder quality. I doubt Meri's house is as beat up as Christine's, but they aren't what I would call luxury.  Again, realtor bs.

On a side note, I'm aggravated with my autocorrect.  It kept changing Meri to hero.  Yeah no.

I like how the description says upgraded cabinets, carpet and tile. If that’s upgraded carpet, what’s the base model look like? Plastic indoor/outdoor carpet? I won’t even comment on the dollar bin looking tile. 

• Love 8
4 minutes ago, dreadfulLeigh said:

I like how the description says upgraded cabinets, carpet and tile. If that’s upgraded carpet, what’s the base model look like? Plastic indoor/outdoor carpet? I won’t even comment on the dollar bin looking tile. 

Astroturf, like the Brady Bunch had in their backyard.  

I agree, if that is upgraded, the bar is set pretty dang low.

• LOL 3
  • Love 1
21 hours ago, Kyanight said:

Done with Vegas - why?  Nothing was happening to them, there were no threats, no hostilities, no bumps in the night...!  Everyone was settled and other than Robyn and Kody I guess, they were all content.  So yes, by all means move - in a TWO years!  Get those kids through high school and THEN move.  There was no reason that they HAD to move right now with such urgency to a more expensive city.    It makes no sense other than Dayton.

Las Vegas sucks. It's great to visit, terrible to live in. There are hostilities on a daily basis whether it's on the surface streets, the highway or in parking lots. I understand not wanting to disrupt the HS kids until they graduate, but I'd never, ever want to raise a kid in Las Vegas. EVER. 

Bear in mind I have access to data the civilian public does not. It's a shitty place with a shiny skyline. 

• Useful 5
  • Love 8

Was it that way when Kootie and the Gang moved there, what?  Seven years ago?  I've never been there.

Christine said she loved LV on a trip they took before moving there.  And didn't Kootie say it was his dream town, or something to that effect?  

• Love 4
2 minutes ago, xwordfanatik said:

Was it that way when Kootie and the Gang moved there, what?  Seven years ago?  I've never been there.

Christine said she loved LV on a trip they took before moving there.  And didn't Kootie say it was his dream town, or something to that effect?  

Kody said that he had always been attracted to the bright lights of the city, so clever Robyn strategically placed her house on her lot so that the balcony off the master bedroom love chamber would have a full view of the city at night.  How romantic!

• LOL 5
  • Love 3
(edited)
55 minutes ago, TurtlePower said:

Las Vegas sucks. It's great to visit, terrible to live in. There are hostilities on a daily basis whether it's on the surface streets, the highway or in parking lots. I understand not wanting to disrupt the HS kids until they graduate, but I'd never, ever want to raise a kid in Las Vegas. EVER. 

Bear in mind I have access to data the civilian public does not. It's a shitty place with a shiny skyline. 

Based on your insider perspective - it is understandable why the Browns wanted out.  And the timing makes sense too , with the kids getting 2 years in a new school before graduation.  AND if they moved now Dayton could start college and not have to move.  Actually makes complete sense, if you ignore the increased cost of living and double housing costs while they sell.

Edited by smarty2020
  • Love 3

What else were they going to use as the drama to continue their show if they didn't move?  The wedding thing has been played out 3 times now so that wouldn't be enough.  It might honestly been as simple as TLC saying they needed some drama or they'd be cancelled, and moving fit that criteria.

• Love 8
2 minutes ago, smarty2020 said:

What else were they going to use as the drama to continue their show if they didn't move?  The wedding thing has been played out 3 times now so that wouldn't be enough.  It might honestly been as simple as TLC saying they needed some drama or they'd be cancelled, and moving fit that criteria.

They could have expanded on the concept of Kody seeking public office in Utah, looking for support and backers and studying the feasibility of such an endeavor, complete with whiteboards and Kinko binders.  That could have been stretched for at least 2 episodes.

I would still have snarked about it, but would not have been left with the haunting question of why is he not "Living His Why"

• LOL 2
  • Love 2
(edited)
2 hours ago, xwordfanatik said:

Kootie's "dream town" is in whatever direction the wind blows his mangy hair.  If Dayton was going to college in Nowheresville, North Dakota, that's where Kode and the Gang would go, with Robyn cracking the whip and leading the charge.  And even thought this show is stupider than most when it comes to timelines, it would've been interesting for these people to tell their dedicated viewing audience why in one episode Kode wanted to run for office in Utah and the very next, with no explanation at all, he's squiring his wifeys one at a time (the better to shnooker them into moving) to Flagstaff.  They must think we don't have very long attention spans or something...and even though I typically play Candy Crush while watching until I fall asleep, I do know that Utah is not Arizona.

Edited by laurakaye
  • LOL 4
  • Love 10
1 hour ago, smarty2020 said:

So I gave this comment some thought while I was making lunch - I don't want to become so closed-minded that I can't consider other people's viewpoints!

When TLC decides to renew a show for another season, do they have a meeting with the reality stars (or at least the main spokesperson) to discuss what possible life situations could be on board?  Obviously the camera crew isn't going to go to the houses for a typical Saturday afternoon when maybe half of the family is off doing errands/meeting friends/gym/whatever and the other half is lounging on the couch (looking at YOU, Janelle!) in their jammies or cleaning the house or riding bicycles in the cultdesac......can we say :::::::Snore:::::::::???    

So definitely there has to be some possible camera-worthy bones tossed at TLC or they won't want to renew the contract.   So ok, I'll bite - Kody could have said, "Well I've been thinking of moving for some time now, so what if my family goes somewhere else?"   Is it safe to assume that Janelle, Christine and Meri could have been clueless regarding this little tidbit?  Because their surprise and distress certainly seemed genuine, and I don't believe they are that great at acting.  The children definitely didn't know about the bombshell dad was going to drop in the middle of them, like a gigantic fart in church.  Their shock was unrehearsed.

Robyn wasn't surprised at all, and was right on board with Kody, with her fear of daily life right outside their front door and the need to leave Vegas NOW!

Aren't we still in the exact same place we were?  Yes!  Kody could definitely have decided to move to bring wonder and awe to the TLC viewing audience because heaven knows there is little else going on in their daily lives right now.... but they still had to decide WHERE.  Where were they going to take this brood after everyone was uprooted?   And lo and behold.... Robyn (who was CERTAINLY in the know because she holds Kody's ball hairs between her knuckles) thinks it would be grand if they looked into places Dayton might go to college.   So Robyn and Kody instrumented this between them for the sake of Dayton AND ratings.  We can add that bit.

And lo - they did, and the angels sang, and there were trees and a mosquito-breeding pit and apparently LOADS of mud - and they all moved.  Amen.

• LOL 3
  • Love 12

This does make sense....since we're apparently mostly done with the catfish story, I suppose moving would give them something to talk about.  But unless Kody eventually does take another wife or Meri moves out or Janelle gets up off the couch and loses 100 pounds, I don't see what on earth could keep this show on the air after this season.

• Love 6
4 hours ago, dreadfulLeigh said:

Even if I desperately wanted one of those houses, I would hold firm on a price that included a generous flooring allowance.  I wouldn't care if the carpets were the most expensive on the market, and wouldn't care if they had  been professionally cleaned three times over.  Considering Kootie, "wives", ninety million children, and camera crews have been trampling in and out for several years, those houses have had way too much foot traffic for me to ever be comfortable with their leftover carpeting.  I wouldn't  move in until every square foot of flooring had been replaced, at the Brown's expense.

Along those same lines, I would NEVER consider buying Janelle's house.  Not even if I fell so madly in love with it that I cried forlornly at night.  Her filthy feel and the grungy bathtub scenes when Maddie gave birth tell me all I need to know about the kind of care that house has received.  No thanks.

• Useful 1
  • Love 16
(edited)
2 hours ago, MonicaM said:

Even if I desperately wanted one of those houses, I would hold firm on a price that included a generous flooring allowance.  I wouldn't care if the carpets were the most expensive on the market, and wouldn't care if they had  been professionally cleaned three times over.  Considering Kootie, "wives", ninety million children, and camera crews have been trampling in and out for several years, those houses have had way too much foot traffic for me to ever be comfortable with their leftover carpeting.  I wouldn't  move in until every square foot of flooring had been replaced, at the Brown's expense.

Along those same lines, I would NEVER consider buying Janelle's house.  Not even if I fell so madly in love with it that I cried forlornly at night.  Her filthy feel and the grungy bathtub scenes when Maddie gave birth tell me all I need to know about the kind of care that house has received.  No thanks.

Totally agree with you..I remember seeing an episode with Christine sitting on the couch or chair and the bottom of her feet were literally black.   I wonder what the HOA fees of 175.00 cover ?  The front landscaping or just the electric for for the gate every month ? I do think they are banking on getting more money on those homes because once upon a time some food stamp frauders  D list celebrities lived there. 

Edited by Mahamid Frauded Me
  • LOL 4
  • Love 4

Huh.  They move from Las Vegas because they are afraid of the crime rate there and then lo and behold they could die of the black plague from the prairie dogs playing in their (fishing) pond.  

• LOL 6
  • Love 6
5 minutes ago, smarty2020 said:

Huh.  They move from Las Vegas because they are afraid of the crime rate there and then lo and behold they could die of the black plague from the prairie dogs playing in their (fishing) pond.  

No, it's not from the pond, they live in dirt lots like this.  The majority of prairie towns I have seen weren't even near bodies of water.   Truely was actually playing in a prairie dog hole, I believe.  They are usually afraid of humans but I suppose you could have a crazy one feel threatened and bite a kid.   All kinds of things come from rodent turds  - like hantavirus.   I'm sure everything was fine (we would have heard by now) but if those had been MY kids I would have washed their hands ASAP with baby wipes I always had in the car and some hand sanitizer.

• Love 4

That is just hilarious. Yep, prairie dogs do carry bubonic plague. What a selling point for the lots! Kody deserved that headache after what he put the family through with the move. But Christine takes the cake. "Yeah, there is plague but I still want to buy the lots!"

• LOL 12
  • Love 2
(edited)

We have plague in the desert near where I live, and it's the fleas that carry it.  We've been warned about pets messing with prairie dogs, so that the fleas don't bite the pets and transmit the disease.  A few cats, and I think one person have contracted it in the last couple of years here (southwestern Idaho).  Playing in a burrow might be risky, but plague is not in the dirt.  Fleas transmit it, and they will generally stay on the host animal (unless jumping to a new host).  And even though it killed half of Europe several hundred years ago, it's not the same threat as it was because we have antibiotics.  I'm not saying it's no big deal, but it's not like an actual plague is going to break out like it did before, and it's highly treatable.  And hopefully their kids know not to play with any kinds of turds they find, because like someone else said, Hantavirus IS in droppings, is very deadly, and they can only provide supportive care for that.  I'd be far more worried about Hantavirus.   

Oh, and snakes.  I'd be weary of holes in the dirt because of freaking snakes.  Lol

Edited by eskimo
typo
  • Useful 6
  • Love 9
50 minutes ago, Galloway Cave said:

That is just hilarious. Yep, prairie dogs do carry bubonic plague. What a selling point for the lots! Kody deserved that headache after what he put the family through with the move. But Christine takes the cake. "Yeah, there is plague but I still want to buy the lots!"

What a bunch of clowns!!!   

Well maybe TLC can squeak another season out of this trainwreck after all.... "Sister Wives.. Return of the Plague"

I noticed that Kootie immediately brought king Sol near so he was safe... Meanwhile he yaps as Truely continues to play in the Prairie dog hole and eat the dirt.  🙄

• LOL 3
  • Love 4
2 minutes ago, Joan of Argh said:

Omg check out the huge belly/ass/torso on Janelle!  😲

I see a visit to Dr. Now in her future.... Strive my ass.

You're right - she's really gained weight!

• Love 2
11 hours ago, smarty2020 said:

I said this a few pages ago either here or on the episode thread.

The catfish story has been beaten to death by now and they can't keep the ratings up on just weddings and fake "joolry" and b&b businesses.  If not for the Meri drama for the past couple of seasons this move might have happened sooner.  I can't forget that the first move looked "engineered" as well.  I think Kody factors in the show with the timing of these things, and TLC might actually contribute to the moving budget as part of production costs.  This show is probably cheap to produce like most reality TV shows, so there might be money to help accelerate the moving process to fit in with the filming schedule.  Dayton may figure into this scheme but he may not be the only nor even the most important reason for the move.  The place they chose may have everything to do with Dayton, but I can just see Kody and his little whiteboard pitching his grand moving scheme to the producers of the show and in his mind aiming to hit about 3 birds with one stone - Time to sell the houses, Dayton, and the show ratings.

• Love 1
13 hours ago, dreadfulLeigh said:

I know, those cabinets look like the cheapest junk you can get off the shelf at Home Depot.  Same for the tile.  Upgrades my rear end.  Then not to mention all the nicks and scratches in everything from all the hard use they get.  Someone posted photos taken by the realtor a few months ago and I was shocked at how bad the cabinets looked.  If they looked that bad in the photos, I can just imagine how bad they look in person!  You would think they would at the very least go over them with some furniture touch-up, but nooooo.  They put the least amount of effort possible in getting them ready to show.  It's no wonder they've been on the market this long.  Basically, those kitchens and baths need complete renovations at this point, and the entire house needs new flooring.  In such large homes that's a big expense that makes them harder to sell.

1 hour ago, Kyanight said:

You're right - she's really gained weight!

Also, Janelle has no idea how to dress for her body, which only makes her look heavier.  She could look at least 10-15 lbs. lighter with the right wardrobe.

• Love 9
14 hours ago, TurtlePower said:

Saying LV sucks is like saying all of NY sucks. Like every other large city, it has its good and bad areas.  Saying it's a "shitty" place is far too general of a blanket statement. I've watched LV grow for 30yrs...good, bad and in-between. It's all about location.

As for their realtor, I know of him...and can verify total BS.

• Useful 1
  • Love 16
1 hour ago, Yeah No said:

... Someone posted photos taken by the realtor a few months ago and I was shocked at how bad the cabinets looked.  If they looked that bad in the photos, I can just imagine how bad they look in person!  You would think they would at the very least go over them with some furniture touch-up, but nooooo.  They put the least amount of effort possible in getting them ready to show.

Demonstrating again that this show, like a lot of reality shows, could be sub-titled "White Trash With Money." (Harsh, but true).

• LOL 3
  • Love 1
8 hours ago, MsTree said:

Saying LV sucks is like saying all of NY sucks. Like every other large city, it has its good and bad areas.  Saying it's a "shitty" place is far too general of a blanket statement. I've watched LV grow for 30yrs...good, bad and in-between. It's all about location.

As for their realtor, I know of him...and can verify total BS.

Ok, fair enough.

I've always said that there's only one place I'd want to live in the valley and that would be in the vicinity of Green Valley Ranch---if only I didn't ever have to drive anywhere. I'll do anything to avoid traffic.  I still go to GVR Whole Foods and take the college exit, horizon to gibson to paseo verde just to avoid the stupid highway and its backups. 

• Love 3

I don't see the appeal of Coyote Pass. Where are the Angels again? Right now it's a vast landscape of plague infested dirt. It's near a road and the "trees" are only on the perimeter. It's a long way from town. 

"Shelbi says it's serious, but I still want to move there."  Huh?

With so many kids, you'd think they'd want to be closer to schools, friends, activities, and grocery shopping...

• Love 15
34 minutes ago, Tuxcat said:

I don't see the appeal of Coyote Pass. Where are the Angels again? Right now it's a vast landscape of plague infested dirt. It's near a road and the "trees" are only on the perimeter. It's a long way from town. 

With so many kids, you'd think they'd want to be closer to schools, friends, activities, and grocery shopping...

But, But, Kody finds it YUMMY, so reasonable "cons" are to be ignored.

• LOL 4
  • Love 1
12 hours ago, Tuxcat said:

Exactly it looks like it's way out in the sticks... So much dust, freaking wind blowing all the time...blech!

I hate it. 👎

• LOL 1
  • Love 5
13 hours ago, Tuxcat said:

All true. I think the appeal is it is one of the few places near Flagstsff they can build several houses in one location with some acreage/privacy. Or the one large house that it sounds like kody wants.  I guess you could get multiple new build homes in the same neighborhood, but they’d be stacked on top of each other. 

For others, the appeal is often the privacy of being out of town, the larger lots and the easy access to the forests/ski slopes. 

• Love 3
21 minutes ago, New2this said:

All true. I think the appeal is it is one of the few places near Flagstsff they can build several houses in one location with some acreage/privacy. Or the one large house that it sounds like kody wants.  I guess you could get multiple new build homes in the same neighborhood, but they’d be stacked on top of each other. 

For others, the appeal is often the privacy of being out of town, the larger lots and the easy access to the forests/ski slopes. 

I totally understand the adults liking the location even though it wouldn't be my choice.

But if I was a teenager the last place I'd wanna be is out in the sticks... I wouldn't care how many camp sites, hiking trails or ski slopes are close by.

I did all that stuff as a teenager but that's what we drove to because we lived near the other stuff, malls, theater, restaurants etc.

Edited by Joan of Argh
  • Love 6
15 hours ago, TurtlePower said:

Ok, fair enough.

I've always said that there's only one place I'd want to live in the valley and that would be in the vicinity of Green Valley Ranch---if only I didn't ever have to drive anywhere. I'll do anything to avoid traffic.  I still go to GVR Whole Foods and take the college exit, horizon to gibson to paseo verde just to avoid the stupid highway and its backups. 

GVR and Henderson vicinity IS a nightmare when it comes to traffic. If you can afford it, you might want to try the far southwestern side of Summerlin and its newest "village" known as The Cliffs, which is mostly west of Hualapai.

• Love 2
3 hours ago, New2this said:

Some how I don't see the wives moving into one house together.  All though the Brady Williams family did.  Not sure where I read it.  But it was a very large home.  Then again I bet at least half of their children have graduated.

• Love 2
3 hours ago, Gramto6 said:

Yeah, no, pass....even if I wanted to live in LV, I would never look at their houses...can't even say homes......

Yup same here... I wouldn't want any of their houses.

Not to mention all the damage due to wear and tear..... In the last episode I paused and zoomed in a few times and all the drywall walls had gouges and dings everywhere plus some of the corners were dented and metal exposed so you wouldn't be able to walk in and give it a new paint job.... You'd have to do a BUNCH of preparation, filling, sanding and primer.

I zoomed in on the cabinets and they're really badly chipped and scraped... Who knows what else is wrong. 🙄

• Love 7

Cody's not fooling anyone. He doesn't want one big home, he has to settle for one big home.  They're probably burning through cash like crap through a goose.  If those Vegas homes don't sell soon they're all gonna be living in teepees and yurts.

• LOL 9
4 minutes ago, Rabbit Hutch said:

Cody's not fooling anyone. He doesn't want one big home, he has to settle for one big home.  They're probably burning through cash like crap through a goose.  If those Vegas homes don't sell soon they're all gonna be living in teepees and yurts.

Maybe that's the motivation for renting the auxiliary warehouse they have.  They can store and do presentations for Meri and Christine's LLWoe, Robyn's joolerey collection and Janelle's raggedey Lazy-girl chair where she lounges to inspire with Strive posts.

Janelle would be in her glory living in a teepee or yurt. she could be the designated food provider, casting her line in the old fishin' hole and touting the benefits of pine needle soup and bubonic plague-infected prairie dog stew. 

• LOL 8
  • Love 2
30 minutes ago, Sandy W said:

Maybe that's the motivation for renting the auxiliary warehouse they have.  They can store and do presentations for Meri and Christine's LLWoe, Robyn's joolerey collection and Janelle's raggedey Lazy-girl chair where she lounges to inspire with Strive posts.

Janelle would be in her glory living in a teepee or yurt. she could be the designated food provider, casting her line in the old fishin' hole and touting the benefits of pine needle soup and bubonic plague-infected prairie dog stew. 

LOL, right on, Sandy. These folks just keep going and going.  How do they do it?  I would've stopped watching years ago, but now I'm so invested in seeing how this train wrecks ends I can't stop. I need to seek professional help. 😏

• LOL 8
  • Love 1
1 minute ago, Rabbit Hutch said:

LOL, right on, Sandy. These folks just keep going and going.  How do they do it?  I would've stopped watching years ago, but now I'm so invested in seeing how this train wrecks ends I can't stop. I need to seek professional help. 😏

We all do.  I thank my lucky stars every day every day for this site, where I can come to share thoughts on these grifters.  IRL, I just draw blank stares from friends and family if I try to discuss the happenings with the Brown family.  

• LOL 2
  • Love 10

Personally, I'm impressed with the Browns.  They went from living on food stamps in Utah to having 4 nice houses in Las Vegas to owning 10 acres of COYOTE PASS land in Flagstaff as well as Christine's half million dollar Flagstaff house.  They've paid for 3 weddings and several college bills thru their show.   They have found a way to make this show a financial windfall for themselves.  I plan to keep watching to see where it goes from here.

• Love 3
2 hours ago, Sandy W said:

Sandy, I love you!  LOL at this post.  I remember in the 70's Mr. Back-to-Nature Euwell Gibbons (sp?) commercials touting the benefits of pine trees.  He'd say "many parts are edible."  

Prairie dog stew, HAHAHAHA!.  I had to read that part to Mr. Xword.  

• Love 4
2 hours ago, Rabbit Hutch said:

Make me an appointment too, while you're at it.  I'm right there with you!

• LOL 2
  • Love 3

I don’t know anything about this realtor but I always question when Kody doesn’t seem like sleaziest guy in the video.    Also, why isn’t Mona their realtor?  (I would say Janelle or Christine but I’m trying to be serious)

• LOL 6
  • Love 2