Type keyword(s) to search

S08.E28: Forgot About Dre

druzy
  • Start Topic

@TeeMo yes!!! I noticed that too with Kail! I'm certainly all about comfy clothing, and I'd be lying if I said I've never been out to dinner in a t-shirt and shorts. Still, there is a time and place for everything! When you're in another city for a business venture, taking a colleague out to dinner (even if you are friends), when you know you are going to be on tv, you're going to a decently nice place downtown in the city, and said colleague is dressed very nicely, that is the time to look decent! At the very least, when she saw how Leah was dressed, she should have said, "come with me to my room first so I can change!" Kail, like briana last week, didn't even look casual, but neat. If she's even worn decent looking sweats that were clean and fit, with neat-looking hair, it would have been a little better. It's just...how can she go out to a nice dinner that nasty and then berate Jo for wearing sweatpants in his own home and "setting a bad example" by doing so. This will air on TV for her kids to see, so I guess she is also setting a bad example!

I love how the coven was all pissed at briana, with Roxanne wailing, "you cut people out of your life sooooo fast!!!" Sure, sometimes exes remain friends, but even the stupidest person could have seen that javi and bri were not going to work out, and there is really no "friendship" there to salvage. They were awkward AF around each other, and had nothing to talk about! I am friends with a couple of my exes, but those relationships started out as friends, and we lost all attraction, period. All javi and bri had was attraction, and fame whoring tendencies! WHY should javi need to stay in her life? For once, bri made a sensible decision. I bet Roxanne realizes what we do, that javi is the most decent guy who will ever give this whore the time of day. Maybe she thought it was like a 1940's romance movie where they go on a couple dates and then get married before he goes to war and live happily ever after when he gets back. Real life doesn't happen that way, though. He was moving creepily fast, and she wasn't into him! No matter how much my mom likes a guy, she would be happy that I dumped him if I didn't really feel it. She would never want me to be with someone I didn't like! I also love how Brittany was ragging on bri for the plastic surgery, saying, "you'll never be satisfied." I wonder if she feels how we do, that bri should try diet and exercise first!

aubree going to the dance was adorable! I wonder if Chelsea called Cole every ten minutes to ask how it was going, haha! 

Leah really does seem like she is doing better! Out of all of the girls, I would like to hang with her. She has a genuinely sweet and easygoing spirit. I love her coparenting with Jeremy, as well as the fact that unlike the rest of these girls, she has the chance to be with a guy and says no! None of them seem able to be single, and she is saying no to her one option to be alone. I really applaud her for that! Most of them would only turn down a guy to be with another guy. I really hope she and Jeremy can keep up this friendship for addy's sake, and do things together with her when he's home. 

Hahahaha I loved barb's conversation with Collin! He was just making them look so much worse! I loved when he discussed the rat, and she just stared, unable to say anything, and then just changed the topic. I never thought anyone could make babs speechless! I'm looking forward to seeing babs shoot the breeze with Nathan next week. How could that not be entertaining?

Jenelle is jace's big sister; that's it. I agree with the poster who said she seemed like a nervous girl on a first date! And jace only smiled when he found out David wasn't coming. Maybe at least David not filming will get jace away from him more, but unfortunately it keeps Kaiser alone with him. Did anyone notice how jenelle said she had "just" joined the NRA? She had no interest in guns at all before David! The rate she changes herself for these soulmates is truly alarming. 

• Love 24
12 hours ago, luvbadtv said:

Poor Jace - he can't even go to therapy without having his mom drill him about it on camera.  Sort of defeats the purpose.  Janelle seemed so awkward interacting with him.

She doesn't know how to relate to kids except for yelling at them and telling David to handle the discipline...grilling Jace about therapy and feigning some sort of weird maternal interest was cringe worthy. Even more cringe worthy was the whole gun/NRA discussion in the car...Janelle and David are the last people who should have guns in their possession. I doubt they keep their guns locked up all the time when Lurch walks around the property with a loaded gun tucked into his pants waistband...I worry that one of those kids will get ahold of a gun in their house and there will be a tragedy. 

• Love 16
(edited)
7 hours ago, Christina said:

Man, I just saw a tweet that said something about Jenelle and the gun in the car while driving with Jace, and got my hopes up that it was the attempted kidnapping that required her to follow a man home with a gun pulled. I mean, he wasn't kidnapping her correctly so it was nice of her to help him out and all. Since it's not being mentioned here, I'm guessing it was fake news trying to get me to click on it. Booooo

The timelines of these shows run so far behind real-time, unless they don't, and they are rarely linear, so I'm not positive if what I'm about to say was happening when this was filmed. Also, he did make an appearance once in the earlier seasons when he went with Barb to check out Jenelle's new house or something.

Colin has schizophrenia and was living in a group home. The medications he was taking to help control his symptoms changed and he ended up relapsing(? not sure if that is the word) with his mental health destabilizing (?really not trying to be offensive, I don't know the right words). He started using drugs, ran away from the group home, ended up back in the hospital to stabilize on the meds, and was staying with Barb while waiting to get back into another assisted living/group home type place. It played out on social media. It's happened three or four times that I'm aware of but think he only had to stay with Barb for short periods after. He does seem to visit with her and Jace a lot, though, and she's taken Colin on vacation with her and Jace before.

I saw Barbara, Jace, and I believe Collin at the Olive Garden at concord mills a few years ago! It was while jenelle was dating Nathan, and it was definitely not him. Knowing what Collin looks like now, the guy I saw pretty likely was him, just skinnier. It was on a Sunday night in the fall of 2013. I was sitting pretty far away, but babs was standing in the dining room near the exit, waiting on jace and Collin. It happened so fast that I didn't even have time to get out a camera or anything, but I just told my then-boyfriend who she was, and he had no idea. It was so exciting!!! I really wish I had gotten to meet babs, because I think she is so fun, and she seems to enjoy being a celebrity!

ETA: now I'm certain it had to be him! He looked just like he did in this old picture. Babs' hair was like that, too. The hairstyle was what first grabbed my attention! My subconscious mind was like, "there's babs!" and I was like, "really?"

IMG_0605.PNG

Edited by Christina87
  • Love 12
(edited)
13 hours ago, Linny said:

David may not be making any more appearances on the show, but Jenelle sure as fuck was channeling his spirit in the car talking about the NRA. Her self-satisfied smirk was nauseating. She's bragging about supporting a person's right to defend themselves, yet can't clue in to the fact that the man who sleeps in her bed every night is the most likely threat to her safety. I worry so much about Jace and the other kids growing up in this pro-gun environment, because I have little faith that David institutes proper usage or safe storage of his weapons. It's bad enough thinking about David hurting the kids with his fists, but the possibility of one of the kids accidentally hurting themselves or someone else with a gun is all too real and scary.

David uses guns to channel his anger. David is exactly the type of person that those who oppose guns point to when they talk about the how guns are a danger to the community.

Also, why does Kail have to travel to Atlanta to record a podcast? I listen to lots of podcasts and most people either do it in a local studio or they buy equipment and do it at home. It seems like another excuse to travel. 

Edited by poeticlicensed
  • Love 23
13 hours ago, TexasGal said:

Jace will have a cup of sugar and cup of caffeine.  Is he going to Barb for her to deal with aftermath of that or what?

I could NOT believe she ordered that for him.  I was like, no... she had to have ordered the coke for herself.  NO ONE would order a coke for an 8 year old.  I have an 8 year old and he wouldn't even think to ask to get a coke.  I know in the grand scheme of things, this is not that big of a deal... but it kind of it.  The kid has ADHD - there is no place for caffeine in his diet!

I was less disgusted with the virgin daquiri, although seriously both together Jesus Christ!

13 hours ago, Cherry Cola said:

Seemed more like a friend or maybe a sister.  Definitely not like mom/son.  Janelle sounded just like Barb when she said "Multi tasking mahm."  

The podcast seems dreadfully boring.  

And just how was she multi-tasking?  She made a bottle - how is that multi-tasking?

So boring.

Speaking of boring, I actually fell asleep during the daddy-daughter dance prep.  It is so boring.  I woke back up near the end and had to rewind.  I figured if I want to make it through, I should ff all of Chelsea's scenes.  It is literally just Chelsea asking Aubree if she is excited over and over.

12 hours ago, Linny said:

David may not be making any more appearances on the show, but Jenelle sure as fuck was channeling his spirit in the car talking about the NRA. Her self-satisfied smirk was nauseating. 

Also, she is so dumb.  Jace sees the sticker and asks what it is and she goes "the National Rifle Association." 

What's that? 

"The NRA"

Oh that clears it up.

2 minutes ago, zenme said:

Who let him out with that tie??

Oh my god, I am at work, and trying to contain my laughter right now and I am not succeeding!  

• Love 16

Jace had a virgin diaquiri and a virgin Jack and Coke. 

I can't  believe she feeds him that shit and he's ADHD. She's really got to watch his caffeine, sugar, and red dye intake. She should know this! I thought she was a medical professional. (I jest!) Why an I surprised though? Her fetus was treated to doses of marijuana.

• Love 23
3 minutes ago, SnarkEnthusiast said:

Roxanne kissed Briana with more passion than any of the couples on this show.

Yeah! I was sitting there wondering when it was going to end. Part of me thinks she hit a moment where she realized her lips were on another's lips, got lost in a dream, opened her eyes and realized it was Brianna. I would have loved to see Brittany's reaction to that! She definitely would have said something if she saw!

• Love 11

I don't even know what I'm watching anymore or why I'm watching it.  I guess I am so invested in this forum and I like to read the snark here and it makes more sense when I've seen the episode.

Barbara - the scene with Collin in the kitchen.  That was sad but very telling when he blurted out the weird story about him and jen-yell burying a rat in the backyard.

Kailyn - she looked like something that crawled out of a dumpster when she went out to dinner with Leah.  Is that podcast even a real thing for just something made up for the show?  I thought Garbage Pail Kail and whoever that extra girl is doing the "podcast" with her were quite rude to Leah.  Talk about being drunk of self-importance!

Brianna - that kiss goodbye from the Mother Witch!  WTF was that!  Javi is really embarrassing himself.  He was worried about how Brianna's plastic surgery would make him look? ROFL!  How about being worried about stalking the cameras makes you look, buddy!

• Love 14
8 hours ago, Christina said:

Man, I just saw a tweet that said something about Jenelle and the gun in the car while driving with Jace, and got my hopes up that it was the attempted kidnapping that required her to follow a man home with a gun pulled. I mean, he wasn't kidnapping her correctly so it was nice of her to help him out and all. Since it's not being mentioned here, I'm guessing it was fake news trying to get me to click on it. Booooo

The timelines of these shows run so far behind real-time, unless they don't, and they are rarely linear, so I'm not positive if what I'm about to say was happening when this was filmed. Also, he did make an appearance once in the earlier seasons when he went with Barb to check out Jenelle's new house or something.

Colin has schizophrenia and was living in a group home. The medications he was taking to help control his symptoms changed and he ended up relapsing(? not sure if that is the word) with his mental health destabilizing (?really not trying to be offensive, I don't know the right words). He started using drugs, ran away from the group home, ended up back in the hospital to stabilize on the meds, and was staying with Barb while waiting to get back into another assisted living/group home type place. It played out on social media. It's happened three or four times that I'm aware of but think he only had to stay with Barb for short periods after. He does seem to visit with her and Jace a lot, though, and she's taken Colin on vacation with her and Jace before.

The gun chasing, kidnapping, Jenelle following a guy home while showing her gun is true.  The Ashley wrote about it, the go pros were in the car, and radar online has the police reports.  

• Love 8
2 hours ago, DudeLeaveMeAlone said:

Kail: I haven't been on vacation since Lux was born, and he's about to be one at the end of the summer.

Bitch, you were saying this in February. Lil Soapy is six months old. STFU.

(I distinctly remember Kail and Leah's Hawaii trip because they got there the day after I left, and that was at the end of February).

And they had just gotten back from Jamaica.  ??‍♀️

• Love 12
29 minutes ago, AirQuotes said:

I don't even know what I'm watching anymore or why I'm watching it.  I guess I am so invested in this forum and I like to read the snark here and it makes more sense when I've seen the episode.

Barbara - the scene with Collin in the kitchen.  That was sad but very telling when he blurted out the weird story about him and jen-yell burying a rat in the backyard.

Kailyn - she looked like something that crawled out of a dumpster when she went out to dinner with Leah.  Is that podcast even a real thing for just something made up for the show?  I thought Garbage Pail Kail and whoever that extra girl is doing the "podcast" with her were quite rude to Leah.  Talk about being drunk of self-importance!

Brianna - that kiss goodbye from the Mother Witch!  WTF was that!  Javi is really embarrassing himself.  He was worried about how Brianna's plastic surgery would make him look? ROFL!  How about being worried about stalking the cameras makes you look, buddy!

• Love 4
1 hour ago, Christina87 said:

I saw Barbara, Jace, and I believe Collin at the Olive Garden at concord mills a few years ago! It was while jenelle was dating Nathan, and it was definitely not him. Knowing what Collin looks like now, the guy I saw pretty likely was him, just skinnier. It was on a Sunday night in the fall of 2013. I was sitting pretty far away, but babs was standing in the dining room near the exit, waiting on jace and Collin. It happened so fast that I didn't even have time to get out a camera or anything, but I just told my then-boyfriend who she was, and he had no idea. It was so exciting!!! I really wish I had gotten to meet babs, because I think she is so fun, and she seems to enjoy being a celebrity!

I think that's when Colin was living in Mooresville. I live close to the Concord Mills mall, but don't go often enough to run into anyone famous (LOL)

• Love 3

When Collin talked about burying the rat, was I the only one who thought “God I hope it was dead first.”? Feels like something I shouldn’t have to wonder about but when it involves Jenelle you can’t make any assumptions. 

• Love 21
36 minutes ago, zenme said:

Yeah! I was sitting there wondering when it was going to end. Part of me thinks she hit a moment where she realized her lips were on another's lips, got lost in a dream, opened her eyes and realized it was Brianna. I would have loved to see Brittany's reaction to that! She definitely would have said something if she saw!

Yes! You can definitely tell she's one of those weird, self-martyring "haven't dated/had sex in X years because of my kids" types, but that's for when kids are in grade school (paging Kail, Jenelle, and Leah), not able-bodied 21+ year olds. Continuing to maintain that cesspool apartment to act as the gatekeeper of your adult daughters' sex lives and wax poetic about how everyone they ever hook up with is a deadbeat that must be driven away by The Family is bizarre. Add to that poor Nova and Stella who are living souvenirs of Briana's poor sexual decisions that now have to be raised by the Coven Commune only fuels Roxanne's insistence on their codependency. Forget trapping Devoin or Luis - Roxanne uses Nova and Stella to trap Briana. I don't understand why Brittany stays there, other than unmotivated laziness or being brainwashed into coddling Briana for life.  

• Love 10
1 hour ago, poeticlicensed said:

Also, why does Kail have to travel to Atlanta to record a podcast? I listen to lots of podcasts and most people either do it in a local studio or they buy equipment and do it at home. It seems like another excuse to travel. 

I think when she did her podcast with Javi it was in her home. Lindsay called in.

1 hour ago, heatherchandler said:

I could NOT believe she ordered that for him.  I was like, no... she had to have ordered the coke for herself.  NO ONE would order a coke for an 8 year old.  I have an 8 year old and he wouldn't even think to ask to get a coke.  I know in the grand scheme of things, this is not that big of a deal... but it kind of it.  The kid has ADHD - there is no place for caffeine in his diet!

Well, actually yea people do. And it doesn't make them bad parents. I wouldn't have batted an eye if only one of those drinks were ordered.  But both together was kinda nuts and overboard. 

• Love 23
2 hours ago, gunderda said:

My nephews around that age love to order steak too but that plate was FULL of food! And then you could tell he barely ate any of it.  So now I think Jenelle told him to order that (or ordered for him) with the plan to take it home to David since it was obviously a free meal. 

LOL, when my son was that age he loved to order way more than he could eat. He'd order prime rib or a steak without batting an eye. We ended up taking most of it home, his eyes were definitely bigger than his stomach! Happy as I am to trash Jenelle, I can't fault her for letting Jace order a giant steak, its just a boy thing, to me.

But the whole interaction in the restaurant was so weird. When my son was little, (and even to this day), we had a blast when we went out.  I used to take him into Boston for plays or museums and we always made a day of it, going out to lunch or dinner. We talked and laughed and it was always fun. Jenelle has no idea how to converse with a little boy.

• Love 12
1 hour ago, zenme said:

Jace had a virgin diaquiri and a virgin Jack and Coke. 

I can't  believe she feeds him that shit and he's ADHD. She's really got to watch his caffeine, sugar, and red dye intake. She should know this! I thought she was a medical professional. (I jest!) Why an I surprised though? Her fetus was treated to doses of marijuana.

Sorry if this is a dumb question, but what's a virgin Jack and Coke?  Is there such as thing as non-alcoholic Jack Daniels?  

• Love 1
1 minute ago, NannyBails said:

Sorry if this is a dumb question, but what's a virgin Jack and Coke?  Is there such as thing as non-alcoholic Jack Daniels?  

I was joking. No such thing as a virgin J &C. It's Coke without the Jack right?

• Love 15
15 minutes ago, Pepper Mostly said:

LOL, when my son was that age he loved to order way more than he could eat. He'd order prime rib or a steak without batting an eye. We ended up taking most of it home, his eyes were definitely bigger than his stomach! Happy as I am to trash Jenelle, I can't fault her for letting Jace order a giant steak, its just a boy thing, to me.

It must be! Back in June I was on a family vacation and before meeting up with the rest of the family my parents, my oldest nephew (13) and I went to dinner and he always orders steak, which I think the cheapest was around $12 - totally fine. But THEN he saw they had a $20+ filet and because he had HEARD it was better that's what he wanted.  I went back and forth with my dad that a $13 year old doesn't need the most expensive steak in the restaurant (it was kind of an apple bee's type of place) but my dad finally gave in.  So here are adults eating $10 meals (my parents always share one meal) and a kid with the most expensive meal in the restaurant. He did eat it all and my dad helped him with his sides.  I didn't even like steak until I was in college! His younger brother (10) loves steak too. 

• Love 5
(edited)

My child is 12 now but ever since she was little (maybe 7) she can chow down on some steak.  Our favorite is Texas Roadhouse.  She orders Dr Pepper (she only gets one a day even now) I order each of us a 6oz sirloin. She would eat hers plus my left over. Now she orders an 8oz, I still get a 6.  She eats hers and my left over pieces.  Why is it such a shock Jace got a ribeye? Even Randy said something. I was more shocked at the virgin daiquiri.  It just seemed weird.  She fed him.  That’s more than she does for Kaiser. 

Edited by Mkay
  • Love 17
(edited)
21 minutes ago, gunderda said:

It must be! Back in June I was on a family vacation and before meeting up with the rest of the family my parents, my oldest nephew (13) and I went to dinner and he always orders steak, which I think the cheapest was around $12 - totally fine. But THEN he saw they had a $20+ filet and because he had HEARD it was better that's what he wanted.  I went back and forth with my dad that a $13 year old doesn't need the most expensive steak in the restaurant (it was kind of an apple bee's type of place) but my dad finally gave in.  So here are adults eating $10 meals (my parents always share one meal) and a kid with the most expensive meal in the restaurant. He did eat it all and my dad helped him with his sides.  I didn't even like steak until I was in college! His younger brother (10) loves steak too. 

I admit I grew up in a family where we had disposable income to eat out a lot, and by the time I was 12 I was a vegetarian but I would never judge a child for ordering what they wanted at a restaurant (assuming it was an actual meal and not dessert). I was brought up that if we could afford to go out I was allowed to order whatever I wanted and I assumed that other people were raised the same. Same thing with the Virgin daiquiri  we wouldn’t get one all th time but kids often like to feel “grown up”. Assuming you aren’t feeding your kid 10 of them a day I think it’s fine. I also HATE pop, but plenty of 8yrs olds drink Coke when they go out.

Just looking at it from another perspective. 

Edited by Scarlett45
  • Love 20
5 minutes ago, Mkay said:

My child is 12 now but ever since she was little (maybe 7) she can chow down on some steak.  Our favorite is Texas Roadhouse.  She orders Dr Pepper (she only gets one a day even now) I order each of us a 6oz sirloin. She would eat hers plus my left over. Now she orders an 8oz, I still get a 6.  She eats hers and my left over pieces.  Why is it such a shock Jace got a ribeye? Even Randy said something. I was more shocked at the virgin daiquiri.  It just seemed weird.  She fed him.  That’s more than she does for Kaiser. 

The steak didn't shock me but that was a lot of food!  My nephews also like speciality drinks so that didn't seem weird to me either. They are just told over and over - there are NO refills and you only get one. 

• Love 3

A ribeye is a nice cut of meat, and IMO, wasted on someone who hasn't yet learned to appreciate the cut. When my kids were growing up, my husband and I would buy nice cuts for ourselves, but our kids got the less expensive cuts. I know, it sounds mean, but they didn't know the difference. They're adults  now, so obviously we get them a porterhouse too now!

• Love 7
2 hours ago, heatherchandler said:

Oh, girl, I'm sorry to tell you - TONS of people would order a Coke for an 8-year-old. I've seen parents putting it in toddler sippy cups. Every kid at the pool is guzzling soda when we go. Jace definitely doesn't need to extra sugar, plus caffeine, but Jenelle is not alone in her horrible dietary habits. 

2 hours ago, heatherchandler said:

And just how was she multi-tasking?  She made a bottle - how is that multi-tasking?

She - gasp - took Ensley's jacket off at the same time she was shaking up the bottle! I know I was impressed! /sarcasm

1 hour ago, ElderPrice said:

When Collin talked about burying the rat, was I the only one who thought “God I hope it was dead first.”? Feels like something I shouldn’t have to wonder about but when it involves Jenelle you can’t make any assumptions. 

Yea, but even if it was dead.....how did it get that way? Just saying. 

• Love 13
16 minutes ago, ghoulina said:

Oh, girl, I'm sorry to tell you - TONS of people would order a Coke for an 8-year-old. I've seen parents putting it in toddler sippy cups. Every kid at the pool is guzzling soda when we go. Jace definitely doesn't need to extra sugar, plus caffeine, but Jenelle is not alone in her horrible dietary habits. 

In some Appalachian regions (WV, KY, etc.) "Mountain Dew Mouth" refers to early tooth decay in children who are given soda as toddlers. It really affects the development of their teeth, jaws, and gums. Sadly, it's a real thing. In fact, haven't we seen Leah giving her kids Mountain Dew and Dr. Pepper back in the day?

Someone mentioned upthread that the expensive cut of beef was intended as a free meal for David because she knew it'd be comped and that Jace wouldn't finish it all. While that is a petty, childish thing that I wouldn't put past her, and indeed she did wrap up the leftovers, the alternative is that she sent them home with Jace to stick it to Barb that she's "buying" him expensive meals.

• Love 10
2 hours ago, DudeLeaveMeAlone said:

I think that's when Colin was living in Mooresville. I live close to the Concord Mills mall, but don't go often enough to run into anyone famous (LOL)

Omg we must be neighbors!! I live very close to there, and am originally from statesville. 

(edited)
On 7/9/2018 at 7:40 PM, Linny said:

David may not be making any more appearances on the show, but Jenelle sure as fuck was channeling his spirit in the car talking about the NRA. Her self-satisfied smirk was nauseating. She's bragging about supporting a person's right to defend themselves, yet can't clue in to the fact that the man who sleeps in her bed every night is the most likely threat to her safety. I worry so much about Jace and the other kids growing up in this pro-gun environment, because I have little faith that David institutes proper usage or safe storage of his weapons. It's bad enough thinking about David hurting the kids with his fists, but the possibility of one of the kids accidentally hurting themselves or someone else with a gun is all too real and scary.

Right?!?! I wanted to slap it right off of her face. She was taunting the viewers because she knows damn well that the photo of her posted on 2/14 was the catalyst to #FireUBT.

We know she doesn't even know the five essential rules of firearms safety. I know them and I don't even own a firearm.

Freakin UBT walks around with a gun tucked into the waistband of his pants! 

She also can't even pronounce the word "association" either, which made her look like even more of a moron, which I didn't think was possible. "As-sho-ciation" is what I heard come out of her mouth.  I'd never mock anyone with speech issues, but it's Jenelle, so everything is fair game.

She still only knows how to ask questions that have yes/no answers and calls both of the boys she birthed "Bubba." I know it's a regional or familial thing to say, but to me, it makes it look like she can't remember their names, hence calling them both "Bubba."

Other than trying to suck up to him big time at dinner and score brownie points, why couldn't she have ordered Jace either a strawberry lemonade OR a Coke? Most kids that I know, when out for a meal, are only allowed to have a caffeine free soda (Sprite, root beer) for a treat, but again, it's Jenelle. A glass of (Diet) Coke at dinner would keep ME up at night. Also, what's with the virgin daiquiri shit? So inappropriate!

The minute she ordered it, my first thought was "Great. She's making alcohol seem glamorous to her nine year old. How long until that poor kid is drinking or taking sips of alcohol with Mommy?" As if that poor kid needs any more demons or temptation in his life! He's already predisposed to several mental health afflictions, so there is no need to bring booze into the picture. (I know many people had sips of beer or other alcoholic beverages as kids and didn't turn into an addict, but you ladies and gentlemen know what I mean.)

Given that strawberry flavored things are usually pink, I doubt UBT's reaction to Jace drinking something that is a "girl color" would be anything other than ignorant, homophobic, cruel and mean. 

Edited by Bridget
  • Love 14
4 hours ago, Christina87 said:

Did anyone notice how jenelle said she had "just" joined the NRA? She had no interest in guns at all before David! The rate she changes herself for these soulmates is truly alarming. 

I'm still reading through all the comments, but I had to comment on this! Seriously is the NRA to her like the gym was when she was with Nathan!? Does this girl have her own personality, or is it just based off what the guy she likes does (I already know the answer). My mom was the same exact way, growing up her boyfriend was a huge Michigan Wolverines fan (I'm an Ohio State fan), so we would have these rivalries always. Until 5 years ago when she left him for her current husband, and then she became an OSU fan just like him. I just don't get that behavior, be your own person. 

• Love 15

I guess my perception about the virgin daiquiri is skewed because we went on a cruise last week and on a cruise ship, you can't swing a dead cat without hitting at least 1 kid sucking down a virgin daiquiri or pina coloda.  It was my family and my BFF with her two kids (ages 10 and 13).  They were ordering them like crazy and I never thought anything of it.  My kids prefer Shirley Temples. lol

• Love 7
48 minutes ago, ghoulina said:

A coke for an eight year old, while dining out? I don't have a care in the world on that score. And caffeine isn't necessarily bad for a kid with ADD. Most ADD medication is stimulant--its like two negatives making a positive. A little caffeine (NOT gallons of coffee or coke!) probably won't do any harm and might even be beneficial, so I wouldn't be concerned about that.  My son has ADD and took medication as a kid. A little caffeine from a coke, or, later, in his teens, a cup of coffee, had no deleterious effects. But this is Jenelle we're talking about. Surely no one thinks she's observing how Jace responds to his medication and/or any other dietary effects?

And if any of Jenelle's kids aren't downing Coke, Mountain Dew, and Orange Crush on the regular, I'd be very surprised indeed. (Unless she gives them plenty of her special recipe homemade ice water).

• Love 16

I thought the Jenelle stuff irritated me, but watching Kail do that to Leah was garbage. And Leah's face said it all, like "Bitch, I told you that in private". I would have been livid if I was her, and I would have probably let her know as soon as the podcast was over (but I am really bad about filtering myself at times). Leah seems like the type who might just take it, because she doesn't want to be confrontational. It seriously made my blood boil to see that.

Also Javi is messy and I can't believe he showed up there.

Aubree is adorable and I always love Chelsea's segments. 

• Love 13

When I see Leah without her make-up, I can't get over how old she looks for her age. When she said she likes the natural look, I laughed out loud. That girl cakes it on.

Janelle as a mother pains me. She treats her children like little buddies. And who the fuck gives their child a coke and a virgin daiquiri at dinner???

• Love 6
14 hours ago, Meatball said:

I think Aubree and Leah (Teen Mom OG) are the most well-adjusted kids on these shows. Bentley is next but he has a mom who will talk on camera about his shitting habits so he’s gotta be a little fucked up by that. Still a sweet kid though. I just find myself smiling during the scenes with Aubree and Leah’s families. 

I think Kail’s boys will be ok, too - at least Isaac will be.  

• Love 7
3 hours ago, NannyBails said:

Right? Why is she ordering fake alcoholic drinks for a child? The chances of Jace having a substance abuse problem when he gets older is probably pretty high since his bio father and Jenelle are both former addicts....why order him beverages that are mock alcoholic drinks...whats wrong with milk or for fun chocolate milk or a milkshake? She is such redneck trailer trash.

• Love 9
3 hours ago, ElderPrice said:

When I first saw people's reactions to the rat story, I didn't understand the issue. My kids both had pet rats growing up and when they died, I dug the holes for them and they'd have a little funeral.  

I never even stopped to think about what you said. Now I get why people had such strong reactions. 

• Love 2
3 minutes ago, Maharincess said:

When I first saw people's reactions to the rat story, I didn't understand the issue. My kids both had pet rats growing up and when they died, I dug the holes for them and they'd have a little funeral.  

I never even stopped to think about what you said. Now I get why people had such strong reactions. 

While it was Collin saying it, it was also telling that he said "remember when we buried that rat in the backyard"?, not "remember when we buried Peanuts the rat in the backyard"?. If it was a situation like yours, I would think there would be more familiarity when talking about said rat (even though again, Collin's delivery isn't all that "readable"). 

Didn't he also say something about Jenelle chopping all her hair off & acting like a boy? I bet David LOVED that! 

• Love 8

Maybe someone already commented on this, but did you find the exchange between Janelle and Jace about the NRA odd? She had a weird smirk and described it like she was someone who joined a cult. She really has awkward, non-motherly interactions with her kids.

Also, I love some Chelsea but what happened to the pig they got?

• Love 8
3 hours ago, Scarlett45 said:

I admit I grew up in a family where we had disposable income to eat out a lot, and by the time I was 12 I was a vegetarian but I would never judge a child for ordering what they wanted at a restaurant (assuming it was an actual meal and not dessert). I was brought up that if we could afford to go out I was allowed to order whatever I wanted and I assumed that other people were raised the same. Same thing with the Virgin daiquiri  we wouldn’t get one all th time but kids often like to feel “grown up”. Assuming you aren’t feeding your kid 10 of them a day I think it’s fine. I also HATE pop, but plenty of 8yrs olds drink Coke when they go out.

Just looking at it from another perspective. 

When I was little we ate out a lot and we go out to eat with the kids now, and I go by the same rule - for food.  Everyone gets to order what they like to eat.  My parents never put restrictions on me, and I don't put them on my kids.  I think it is great that they can try different things.  

As far as drinks go, though, I would feel weird letting my kids get a pop.  

2 hours ago, ghoulina said:

She - gasp - took Ensley's jacket off at the same time she was shaking up the bottle! I know I was impressed! /sarcasm

Oh, of course!  Yes, impressive!  

I was also bugged that she was shaking the bottle - which gives the kids gas.  I always stirred it.

1 hour ago, Pepper Mostly said:

A coke for an eight year old, while dining out? I don't have a care in the world on that score. And caffeine isn't necessarily bad for a kid with ADD.

Really??  I wouldn't even entertain the idea!  I have given my 8 year old 1 sip of coke once.  We eat out a lot and I have never seen kids with pop.  My kids get water with lemon or a splash of lemonade in water for a special treat.  I would actually be ok with a virgin daquiri before a coke.  I guess I am in the minority with this.

• Love 4
6 hours ago, Christina87 said:

Hahahaha I loved barb's conversation with Collin! He was just making them look so much worse! I loved when he discussed the rat, and she just stared, unable to say anything, and then just changed the topic.

I loved it too, but she didn't change the topic.  She was trying to get him to say that he and Jenelle had been close as kids and aren't as close now, so she could talk about how she and Jenelle used to be close and now they're not.  But he totally didn't understand how MTV conversations work and went on these wild tangents, and she just ignored it and made the point she was going to make all along.

Actually, Barb is one of the least skilled on the show when it comes to having these discussions for the benefit of the cameras, and that's saying something because nobody manages to make it look the least bit natural.  Usually it just comes off as obvious and stupid, except when it goes off the rails like this one did.  I guffawed out loud, in stark contrast to my usual reaction when watching these morons.

3 hours ago, zenme said:

When my kids were growing up, my husband and I would buy nice cuts for ourselves, but our kids got the less expensive cuts. I know, it sounds mean, but they didn't know the difference.

When I was a kid, when we had pork chops, there was always a special pork chop for my mother on the platter.  Found out many years later it was a lamb chop.

2 hours ago, monagatuna said:

Someone mentioned upthread that the expensive cut of beef was intended as a free meal for David because she knew it'd be comped and that Jace wouldn't finish it all. While that is a petty, childish thing that I wouldn't put past her,

If MTV were paying for my meal, I'd definitely over-order steak and bring it home, for either Mr. Outlier or me--whoever can get to it first.

2 hours ago, AirQuotes said:

My kids prefer Shirley Temples. lol

I loved Shirley Temples (and somehow didn't develop a drinking problem).  But I tried one the other day, in a bottle, and it was wretched, despite my lingering child-sized sweet tooth.

• Love 4
21 minutes ago, usernameG said:

Maybe someone already commented on this, but did you find the exchange between Janelle and Jace about the NRA odd? She had a weird smirk and described it like she was someone who joined a cult. She really has awkward, non-motherly interactions with her kids.

Also, I love some Chelsea but what happened to the pig they got?

Pete the pig was dancing during some of the animations.  She still has Pete. 

• Love 11
2 hours ago, MrsSmartyPants said:

I think Kail’s boys will be ok, too - at least Isaac will be.  

Yes, but I don’t smile during their segments because of Kail! She turns everything to shit.

• Love 8
22 minutes ago, StatisticalOutlier said:

I loved Shirley Temples (and somehow didn't develop a drinking problem).  But I tried one the other day, in a bottle, and it was wretched, despite my lingering child-sized sweet tooth.

I love them too, but they have to be from a restaurant & they have to be 7-Up & grenadine, not Sprite. Nothing against Sprite, just not in my Shirley Temples! 

I'm in the camp of not thinking it's weird for a kid Jace's age to have A soda, or A virgin blended cocktail when out to dinner, but BOTH? No. With what she was talking about earlier in the episode regarding him getting to choose where to live in a couple of years, it really came off as bribery, or trying to be the "cool Aunt" more than anything. 

• Love 16

Did anybody notice when Kail said she could "take care of it herself," and then when they cut to commercial, the teen mom logo started buzzing and vibrating? I nearly spit my drink out laughing at that!!! Well played, editors. Well played. 

• Love 12