Type keyword(s) to search

Media: "The Lanford Lean Times"

• Start Topic

*Louise is finally back.. I can't wait I've missed her so much!!*

4x14: Triggered Press Release + Promotional Photos (Airing March 2nd)

This special edition of “The Conners” continues the show’s legacy of handling difficult subjects when the family is locked down in their home due to a shooting incident in the neighborhood. Viewer discretion will be advised. 

4x14: Press Release + Promotional Photos

Edited by ESS
  • Love 2

According to futon critic the next episode after so special after school special episode is titled “Messy situation, Miscommunication and Academic Probation” so all of those Becky fans who are happy old Becky is back yeah your girl is screwing up college. Academic probation used strictly for college students who can not meet the academic standing or requirements of the college.

BF7CE91B-DADA-463D-9BEA-834ACABFF91B.jpeg

• Love 1

I wonder why ABC never puts out a press release for the episodes until a few hours before the episode lately.  Is that supposed to build anticipation or something?  It doesn't seem like they do that with other shows, although I haven't checked all of them.

• Useful 1
2 hours ago, KWalkerInc said:

I wonder why ABC never puts out a press release for the episodes until a few hours before the episode lately.  Is that supposed to build anticipation or something?  It doesn't seem like they do that with other shows, although I haven't checked all of them.

I'm wondering that myself, it's weird. 

• Love 2

4x15: Messy Situation, Miscommunication and Academic Probation Press release

When Becky inadvertently outs her relationship with Professor Davis, he's forced to reevaluate his career, but his erratic behavior sends Becky down a path to reevaluate their relationship. Meanwhile, Dan and Darlene check in on Chuck, only to learn heartbreaking news about his family.

4x15 Press Release

• Useful 1

4x16: Gas Pump, House Dump and Stew Volcano Press Release

As Darlene searches for a home that she and Becky can afford, ol' Don Blanksy returns with an offer they can't resist, no matter how spooky. Then, after an attempt to boost business at The Lunch Box goes awry, Jackie finds herself apologizing to Ben and rethinking her future running the place.

4x16 Press Release

Promo:

• Love 1
22 minutes ago, ESS said:

ol' Don Blanksy returns with an offer they can't resist

For anyone else like me who couldn't remember who the hell he is, it's the cemetery director (played by Patton Oswalt) from that episode last season where some neighbor who hated Roseanne was buried next to her and had something nasty about her on his headstone.  Apparently, he was in a more-recent episode, too (when Darlene went to Jason Alexander's church), but I don't remember his storyline role in it.

• Useful 2
  • Love 1

Just saying they will probably say something really messed up about why the house Becky and Darlene are going to get is ‘spooky’. This show is so predictable if I end up reading that Jackie is handing over the business to Louise well then there goes the last thing they had of Roseanne and it would be pretty stupid if they go that route after Jackie meltdown after Roseanne death

Edited by Rocknrollzombie
  • Love 2
6 hours ago, ESS said:

Dan enlists the help of a few good friends for the funeral home remodel after Louise points out that Dan's generosity with his time seems to benefit everyone but her

Psst, Louise:  You're the one who volunteered his time to build a damn house.

• Love 7
On 4/15/2022 at 8:27 AM, madpsych78 said:

Based on the title of that episode, I suspect Mark will be back.

Yes, Lou will be Mark's contrabassoon teacher.  I suppose he could just interact with Dan as described in the article, with Mark's problems with him leading up to Dan confronting Lou merely being referenced, but I, too, figure we'll see Mark.  On general principle, plus, it has been a little bit, so it's time.  And, while this isn't always accurate in advance, the IMDb page for that episode indeed includes Aames McNamara.

I wish the return of Lou would also mean the return of Bev, since she's how he was initially introduced (as the "very old guy" Bev was having sex with at Becky's apartment in the revival season of Roseanne; Bev got kicked out of her retirement home for spreading gonorrhea, neither Roseanne nor Jackie wanted her, Becky was appalled and took her in, but quickly got freaked out), but it's highly unlikely they're still involved all this time later.

And, fundamentally, I imagine Estelle Parsons is still quite wisely opting not to spend prolonged indoor time with groups of people; she's only appeared via video call since the pandemic began.  And just once, at that, in a disappointing moment where it was great to see the actor again, but the character wasn't written with the right nuance (the episode where Jackie goes on Jeopardy!); Bev could teach master classes in passive-aggressive behavior, yet in that scene she was just aggressive.

• Useful 2
2 minutes ago, Superclam said:

My first thought was 3 babies, but not for Jackie, unless they're adopting. (Please no.)

3 weddings? That's only slightly less worse. 

At this point pretty sure the writers for this season and the past one just have dart boards with random ideas and just go with whatever gets the most darts thrown at it for the plots of the episodes. Lol maybe that’s how they also choose their really long titles.

8173CE59-666F-4F7B-B5FB-A0FB4AFD7013.jpeg

• LOL 2
  • Love 1

Three ring circus implies three engagements, which would be out-of-the-blue ridiculous for all three couples, yet I would not put it past these fools on the writing staff.  Jackie and Neville could make sense if we'd actually seen enough of their relationship to know they're at that place now -- or remotely care. 

Harris carrying on the family tradition of getting married way too young, and in this case also signing up to be stepmom to a couple of deeply damaged kids, I can't argue is unrealistic, because she's been a really stupid person when it comes to romantic relationships all along.  But I'd still object on the basis they are not going to do that story justice. 

Remember Dan's sheer anguish when Becky eloped with Mark and he had to acknowledge he and Roseanne had no choice but to let this play out?  "She's gonna get pregnant, she's going to forget all about school -- this is it, this is her life!"  We wouldn't get any of that from Darlene, because Darlene can only spare about five minutes at a time to remember she's a parent, before she gets back to her own ridiculous love life.

Good gods, they'll never let any of these relationships go.  They finally quit teasing the possibility of Darlene and David getting back together, despite the complete lack of sense in that, only because they knew they weren't going to get Johnny Galecki again any time soon.  Now they're paying Jay R. Ferguson, and like him, so they keep Ben around even though that relationship ran its course, too.

And, fundamentally, they don't even understand what show they're writing.  This is a family sitcom, yet they spend more time on the family members' various romantic relationships with all these outside characters than they do on the relationships within the family.  Yes, dating is part of the Conners' lives, but come on -- there's work, and school, and living with a family you love who drive you crazy.  Why is it that every time they need to think of a new storyline for the female members of the family, they go for a new (or go back to an old) romance?

Hopefully it's something better than it sounds and I'm just sitting here frothing at the mouth for no reason.

Edited by Bastet
  • Love 3

4x20: A Judge and A Priest Walk Into A Living Room...  (Season 4 finale) Press Release

The Conners gear up for a megawedding! Jackie and Neville, Darlene and Ben, and Harris and Aldo are planning for a shared big day, but along the way they discover that some of the couples may not be on the same page about their happily ever afters. Meanwhile, Dan and the family have decked out the house for the occasion, but will all six of the lovebirds make it to “I do”?

https://www.dgepress.com/abc/shows/the-conners/episodes/a-judge-and-a-priest-walk-into-a-living-room/

• Useful 1

Alrighty, then - it is indeed every bit as dumb as "three ring circus" implied.

I don't care if Jackie and Neville get married (the beginning of their relationship was disturbing, but the little we've seen of it more recently had lost that vibe, so I'm certainly not rooting for it, but I'm not angered by it), and I'm pretty resigned to the Darlene and Ben foolishness, but hopefully Harris comes to her senses.

But this just goes back to what a shitty parent Darlene is.  She can't do anything to prevent her legal adult daughter from getting married, no, but she doesn't have to endorse it by participating in a group wedding!

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
On 5/5/2022 at 2:15 PM, Bastet said:

Alrighty, then - it is indeed every bit as dumb as "three ring circus" implied.

I don't care if Jackie and Neville get married (the beginning of their relationship was disturbing, but the little we've seen of it more recently had lost that vibe, so I'm certainly not rooting for it, but I'm not angered by it), and I'm pretty resigned to the Darlene and Ben foolishness, but hopefully Harris comes to her senses.

But this just goes back to what a shitty parent Darlene is.  She can't do anything to prevent her legal adult daughter from getting married, no, but she doesn't have to endorse it by participating in a group wedding!

Yes, why is Harris marrying a much older man with disturbed children that happily threw her out?

• Love 3
31 minutes ago, Rocknrollzombie said:

What in the marvel cinematic universe!?
Multiverse whoopie f-en doo more like lame excuses

Also link to article 

https://tvline.com/lists/the-conners-finale-recap-darlene-jackie-wedding-season-5/

07028CE1-4133-43F7-91FE-AC085CB1413E.jpeg

I see it but I don't buy it. Why? Because in her rant to Darlene, Jackie specifically said that Roseanne thought she would die a spinster... not a divorcee.  Spinster indicates a woman who was never married.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
24 minutes ago, DanaK said:

Also, they revealed Harris will decide to live with Dan and Louise next season.

Well, if they're actually going to go through with this stupid funeral home storyline and move Darlene and Becky (and Ben, Mark, and Beverly Rose) into it, they have to bring Harris home.  Poor DJ and Mary will probably wind up there, too.  Or maybe Mark will ask to stay.  There's no way they're going to have only Dan and Louise in that house, even with the rest of the family regularly popping in.  In sitcom families, people don't move out at the typical rate or pace if the series goes on; there's always a shit ton of characters in the original home.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
(edited)
On 5/25/2022 at 12:56 PM, Rocknrollzombie said:

Well that f-en sucks but of course not surprising with this show

7E0E7BDD-ED7D-4E8F-A92E-E901ABECE3A1.jpeg

Yeah God forbid somebody is happy in Connerland 🙄 Do the writers and producers actively hate their viewers or something? I wonder if people that never saw the original really like this show.

Edited by Irate Panda
  • Love 4

Ugh, sounds like Louise is going to bug me next season.  She knowingly married into a multigenerational living situation, and now that all but ONE person is out of the house, she's still complaining?  If Harris wants to live with Dan rather than the rest of her family (and I would too!), and he's happy to have her there, Louise needs to deal.  How much can one young adult who has a job really be infringing on their privacy? 

Louise is an I can take her or leave her character, so I'm not emotionally invested in her, but I'm disappointed in how they've written her ever since the wedding.

I also don't see Jackie as being as prone to self-sabotage as they do.

Or Becky as still drifting as much as they keep wanting her to be.

Basically, this crop of writers can't write for shit when it comes to women.  And that's a bitterly disappointing follow-up to a feminist show.

• Useful 1
  • Love 7