Type keyword(s) to search

Season 20: Live Feed Discussion

• Start Topic

5 minutes ago, Mystery said:

Thanks, Nashville! That worked perfectly on my Mac. (I had the line below the quote box.)

No problem.  :)  FYI - it works on iPad/iPhone as well (I’m usually running the boards on an iPad).

• Love 1
29 minutes ago, MrHufflepuff said:

OMG.  She's Single-White-Female-ing Tyler!

I hated that movie. Good book, terrible movie. They left out a huge part of the plot and turned it into a standard psycho-thriller.

8 minutes ago, Nashville said:
2 hours ago, Christi said:

Ditto Thalia, those unwanted quote boxes are so frustrating

Easiest way I know is to put your cursor at the start of the line immediately below the unwanted quote box, then backspace a time or two.

That's how I've done it. That method works for most things.

My favorite part of reading about this comp is apparently Kaycee beat Fessy by one point. I imagine, if it's done the way they usually show it, that Fessy thought he had it in the bag (wasn't his total twice as much as the previous one?) and then Kaycee beat him by a single point. That must've chapped his ASS.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, cork dork said:

Production is really lax this year 

I was thinking about this earlier, when half the houseguests were still asleep after noon California time.  They used to make them get up at a reasonable time to entertain the feed watching masses.  Which was Reason # 112 I wouldn't have gone on BB.  My only strategy would have been to get them to give me benadryl, and then sleep 18 hours a day. 

• Love 3
45 minutes ago, cork dork said:

A big part of Tyler’s game is his willingness to let the other person talk while he listens. He doesn’t interrupt to correct them or one-up them; he actively listens.

If he’s asked a question when they’re just hanging and there’s no game chatter, he answers and he’ll elaborate if asked. If he gets interrupted by someone, he goes back to listening unless he’s in goof mode and they’re playing around. 

Otherwise, he continues taking in info and filing it away for future long after most would’ve zoned out since they weren’t doing the talking. It’s really quite impressive and part of how he’s reached this point in the game. 

I think this is right and it is what I admire most about his game. He knows how to keep his mouth shut. People don't like silence and they try to fill it, doubly so when bored. I don't think that means he doesn't care, just that he is intentional. 

• Love 13
6 minutes ago, Thalia said:

I was thinking about this earlier, when half the houseguests were still asleep after noon California time.  They used to make them get up at a reasonable time to entertain the feed watching masses.  Which was Reason # 112 I wouldn't have gone on BB.  My only strategy would have been to get them to give me benadryl, and then sleep 18 hours a day. 

They’ve only started the “no napping houseguests” the last couple of seasons. I believe BBOT was the first one where they started the no napping policy and actually got on them about it a lot. They’re getting pretty lax about it now but in past seasons the HGs would actually sleep alllll day long and then stay up all night which made for really boring feeds. This season it seems like if a good amount of people are up then they don’t bother them about napping. But Winston would get really mad about it because he felt like B.B. would let other people nap but call him out on it lol 

• Love 2
1 hour ago, ByaNose said:

[The Battle Back] will be interesting wholly uninteresting no matter who wins.

Fixed that for you!

14 minutes ago, Thalia said:

I was thinking about this earlier, when half the houseguests were still asleep after noon California time.  They used to make them get up at a reasonable time to entertain the feed watching masses.  

They usually stop caring about that about half way through. I mean they're not anymore interesting when they're awake these days anyway so they just let them sleep lol.

I mean I get what they're saying, but JC has been with them all along.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, MrHufflepuff said:

OMG.  She's Single-White-Female-ing Tyler!

I don’t think she’s necessarily trying to look like Tyler.  Longer hair is heavier and has less volume.  Perhaps her hair is curlier and fuller when it’s shorter. My hair is horribly fine and straight.  If I get a cut, it tends to have a little more volume and body because it’s lighter.

• Love 2

JC is still asleep.  (2:33 PST).  Fessie is lying on his bed playing with an emoticon pillow, thinking deep thoughts.  I can't watch that enough! 

ETA apparently I can.  On all 4 cameras. 

Edited by Thalia
  • Love 4
20 minutes ago, GalvDuck said:

I don’t think she’s necessarily trying to look like Tyler.  Longer hair is heavier and has less volume.  Perhaps her hair is curlier and fuller when it’s shorter. My hair is horribly fine and straight.  If I get a cut, it tends to have a little more volume and body because it’s lighter.

She curled it like that. She was happy to actually do her hair for once. And she must have been happy with the cut because before rockstar left Sam said she was going to cut it all off cuz it was an awkward length for her. 

• Love 3
10 hours ago, laurakaye said:

I remember reading that the houseguests weren’t supposed to alter their appearance while in the house, but that could be way wrong.

IIRC the rule is, the HGs can’t materially alter their appearance during the run of the show without Production approval - which Production has given, on occasion, as in the case of BB18 Paulie’s radical haircuts.

• Love 2

Hoping they blindside Fessy on Thursday since it’s the only way I can see him not winning the battle back.   He will be too shocked to win.

Honestly, I would think Bay and Angie are over the game and rather stay in the jury house than return to the pressure cooker of the game.  I’d prefer Scottie return and work with Hayley, possibly with Brett, realizing that his run with L4 is over.  

• Love 6
32 minutes ago, Nashville said:

IIRC the rule is, the HGs can’t materially alter their appearance during the run of the show without Production approval - which Production has given, on occasion, as in the case of BB18 Paulie’s radical haircuts.

I think that is pretty much a rule for all reality shows so they can use older footage, but I suspect BB is pretty lax/willing to consent because they don't generally do so. I seem to recall an interesting article about this regarding The Real World and several members of the cast getting unsanctioned tattoos.

Fessy's week continues it's downward spiral...he's losing at cornhole to Tyler 19-2 with a bet on the table that the loser has to eat 3 fiber pills.  (Fessy originally wanted it to be 10 until Tyler told him that it wasn't safe to eat more than 3/day.)

Fessy convinced him to go for best of 2/3 -- 2nd game Tyler is up 12-0.

Edited by leocadia
  • Love 7

For a few minutes, this HOH looked so low tech to me that I wondered how it could have broken down.  But I wasn't paying attention to Julie's instructions (per usual) and thought all they had to was find a set number of tokens.  Which, as it turns out, is what they should have done. 

And, was the "time limit added" after the fact to justify Angela's win? 

5 minutes ago, Thalia said:

For a few minutes, this HOH looked so low tech to me that I wondered how it could have broken down.  But I wasn't paying attention to Julie's instructions (per usual) and thought all they had to was find a set number of tokens.  Which, as it turns out, is what they should have done. 

And, was the "time limit added" after the fact to justify Angela's win? 

There was always a time limit and it was announced by Julie before the cop started/not started Thursday night.

Some great sound bites in the editing.  Brett: Sammy saved our lives.

Fessy: My HOH was brilliant. 

• Love 5

Can you imagine being married to dooFes???   I'd be starring on "Snapped" or "Buried in the Backyard" in no time at all.  And not only would I be acquitted, I'd be given a public service award, for sure!

• Love 9
6 hours ago, zorak said:

Sam is telling the story about how she saw her grandma's pubes and it traumatized her.  Haleigh said she had a similar experience.  The BB voice came on and said, "You've got to be kidding me."

Best BB interjection, ever! 

Edited by Wings
  • Love 2
12 minutes ago, urusai said:

Haleigh, Fessy, and Kaycee are Have Nots.  Hay looks pissed.  Sam kept volunteering.

JC has been bitching all week that if Have Nots would have rotated properly last week - like they pretty much have all season - Haleigh would have been a Have Not but when Fessy asked for volunteers/named Have Nots, Haleigh remained suspiciously quiet. 

Not that JC has any place to talk. Some people have done it three times, he did it once and not even then because he was the one who kept complaining about the burning plastic smell in the Have Not room and refusing to sleep in it even after Big Brother had fixed the problem. So he was due but so was Haleigh last week. 

I don't even know why they bother doing Have Nots this late in the season. Or at all, TBH. 

• Love 12
5 minutes ago, Callaphera said:

I don't even know why they bother doing Have Nots this late in the season. Or at all, TBH.

Especially since it never shows up on the broadcast episodes anymore.  Add me to the chorus that would prefer a good old-fashioned food comp.  Not only would it be something for the HGs to do, it would also set up random mixes of teams that might help to keep the relationships more fluid.

• Love 23

I think Hay was in the middle of a migraine when the have not announcement came. I can understand her "low energy" mood. But she did say she had only done it once and would do it. She was feeling headachy and noxious before the announcement.

39 minutes ago, leocadia said:

Especially since it never shows up on the broadcast episodes anymore.  Add me to the chorus that would prefer a good old-fashioned food comp.  Not only would it be something for the HGs to do, it would also set up random mixes of teams that might help to keep the relationships more fluid.

Hell let it be shown on the live feeds to give more value to the feeds

• Love 2

About Fess and praying, he definitely prays every day. It's off-camera, I suspect an arrangement with production. But he's talked about it on the feeds. I can kind of understand his decision. There's so much Islamaphobia today in the U.S. Fessy's not ashamed of being Muslim but I can understand him wanting it to be a private thing. 

• Love 1

The only thing I’m looking forward to at this point is watching JC’s impending demise. Unfortunately the battle back is going to delay it. 

Wish we could just fast forward two weeks. 

• Love 7
1 hour ago, llongori said:

Okay, Haleigh is NOT from Texas.  Re the cinnamon rolls, she said she liked the PEE-can topping better than the other.  If'n you're from Texas, it's pronounced PAH-can.  SMH...

I thought PEE-kan was the Texas pronunciation.  Where I’m from (TN), the native pronunciation is puh-KAHN.

ETA: East TX, maybe...?

Edited by Nashville
  • Love 4

From Joker’s:

Sun 11:31 PM PT Sam talks about people coming to see fall leaves change, they call it leaf peeping. She says there are maple sugar days. There is a buckwheat pancake breakfast

Around here we call them the “leaf lookers”; city folk and Northerners come out to see the fall colors.  They’re silly, but usually harmless - emphasis on “usually”.  Every now and then, their ignorance gets them into some shit.  ;)

33 minutes ago, Nashville said:

I thought PEE-kan was the Texas pronunciation.  Where I’m from (TN), the native pronunciation is puh-KAHN.

ETA: East TX, maybe...?

Nope, I hail from E TX.  We say it the "right" way there, too.  Just like y'all.

• Love 2
5 hours ago, Growsonwalls said:

About Fess and praying, he definitely prays every day. It's off-camera, I suspect an arrangement with production. But he's talked about it on the feeds. I can kind of understand his decision. There's so much Islamaphobia today in the U.S. Fessy's not ashamed of being Muslim but I can understand him wanting it to be a private thing. 

Well, honestly, praying- for most people - is a private thing and a personal thing.  I have zero issues with anyone feeling that their praying should be done in private and requesting to do so.

• Love 13
On 8/26/2018 at 4:23 AM, me5671 said:

Lol!  Flashback to approx. 8 hours ago. Fessy declares "KC sucks at veto. She cant win."  Does this dude ever get sick of being wrong all the time?

I think it's truly monumental. He is probably unique in the history of this game. I would guess that no one has ever been wrong more than Fizzy.

AAMOF, I have to wonder if he might be some kind of "plant" made to have a laugh at someone. I have no idea who would have planted him or who they would have tried to make stupid (besides Fuzzy). But his record is so extreme that I would have to be surprised if it didn't turn out to be true that he is some kind of plant.

However, it sure does seem like an extremely bizarre way to get a laugh on someone in the BB Production staff. Moreover, the fan base should be really pissed if they ever found out that was true.

32 minutes ago, MissBluxom said:

I think it's truly monumental. He is probably unique in the history of this game. I would guess that no one has ever been wrong more than Fizzy.

He seems stupid and clueless and has no idea of how to even play the game. Hayleigh explained they needed Scottie for the numbers and he wanted Scottie gone. He really believed Angela would not nominate him and Hayleigh together and well, there you go. 

It may not be that he is stupid, I think he has never watched the show. And he got caught up in Hayleigh and thinks he is on The Bachelor. 

Scottie interview

Edited by DakotaLavender
  • Love 1

Like most athletes, Fessy thinks that being a good physical competitor is the most important thing ( in this game, and in life.) If he watched this show at all before he came, he did not “ get it”. He only saw the competitions, not the complicated social game and critical thinking required to win. And this late in the game, he still doesn’t understand.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, DakotaLavender said:

He seems stupid and clueless and has no idea of how to even play the game. Hayleigh explained they needed Scottie for the numbers and he wanted Scottie gone. He really believed Angela would not nominate him and Hayleigh together and well, there you go. 

It may not be that he is stupid, I think he has never watched the show. And he got caught up in Hayleigh and thinks he is on The Bachelor. 

Scottie interview

Thanks for the interview.  Scottie confessed to Fessy that he has feelings for Hayleigh. Oh good god.   Then he goes on to say if he finds out that Fessy put him up because of jealousy he will be angry. Ok

Pah-Kahn here.   Pee-Kan people,  please step forward.   We will not ridicule you,  much.  We just want to.know where you are from.  :>

Edited by Wings
  • Love 4
45 minutes ago, Wings said:

Thanks for the interview.  Scottie confessed to Fessy that he has feelings for Hayleigh. Oh good god.   Then he goes on to say if he finds out that Fessy put him up because of jealousy he will be angry. Ok

Pah-Kahn here.   Pee-Kan people,  please step forward.   We will not ridicule you,  much.  We just want to.know where you are from.  :>

They showed the confession in the episode.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, Wings said:

Pee-Kan.  Michigan.  I am not ashamed.  (But admittedly I have never actually had pecan pie so therefore am not sure how I would say it out loud, this is just how I say it in my head).

Now who wants to go a few rounds of "pop" vs. "soda" vs. "Coke?"  :)

More on topic, I really want Scottie to beat Fuzzy in a nice, long, taxing physical comp so I can A. watch Fuzzy's head explode when it dawns on him, 13 hours after the comp, that Scottie is in the house with "his girl" and B. I want to see Scottie grab Haileigh, Sam and Brett and at least ATTEMPT to take out Tangela, JC and KC, and C. I want jury house footage of Fuzzy walking around the house draped in a blanket muttering "who flipped?" to the houseplants.

Also, #FUF.

Edited by laurakaye
  • Love 16
29 minutes ago, PaperTree said:

Pah-Kahn here in New Jersey, just not drawn out.

Also it's leaf peepers here and in New England :)

Oh, and Fuck You Fessy

Empty Head.jpg

Absolutely not puh-káhn in NJ. Maybe South Jersey but not North Jersey where we say it correctly. And don't start any nonsense about central jersey. No such thing! As for leaf 'peepers' ...NO. It's leaf watching here and in NE.

9 hours ago, Growsonwalls said:

I saw this for the first time on Friday night I think. But it was late enough to where I normally wouldn't see it because I'm in bed and I had wondered if had been doing it the entire season. 

I'm in Iowa and I think we say it both ways around here.  I think my gut reaction is to say pee-kahn. But if I say it fast enough it would be peh-can. 

• Love 1
13 minutes ago, Maggie Mae said:

Absolutely not puh-káhn in NJ. Maybe South Jersey but not North Jersey where we say it correctly. And don't start any nonsense about central jersey. No such thing! As for leaf 'peepers' ...NO. It's leaf watching here and in NE.

I'm from Warren County, a world apart, now exiled in SJ :)

And don't start any nonsense about central jersey.  Indeed!

As for leaf peeping, from the link from NBC4..

"Meteorologist Raphael Miranda says leaf peepers won't find the fall colors around New York, Long Island or the Jersey Shore just yet. "

https://www.nbcnewyork.com/news/local/Fall-Colors-Leaf-Peeping-New-York-New-Jersey-Sullivan-Ulster-County-Catskills-Apple-Pumpkin-Picking-452268683.html

So many accents in such a small place  :)

6 hours ago, Nashville said:

I live in Oklahoma and I've spent a lot of time in Texas, and everyone I know (friends and family) says puh-kahn.