Type keyword(s) to search

S10.E10: You Broke the Penal Code

• Start Topic

19 minutes ago, JD5166 said:

Carole is starting to resemble one of those dried apple granny things (that have always given me the creeps). Her eyes are almost gone she’s so puffy from fillers....or from something. 

She is looking scary around the eye area. 

51 minutes ago, UsernameFatigue said:

I just read Tamara Tattles purple pen take down of Carole's latest blog. It is brilliant, and so spot on. I am always amused at Carole's defense of Adam. at how he was working as a chef for Luann and making next to nothing. Carole seems totally blinded to the fact that if Adam were capable of making more than next to nothing, he certainly could have by not living off Lu, and getting a real job. He obviously was not all that ambitious, and preferred the lifestyle that Lu could offer. FFS, the guy was in his late 20s then. Please don't make him out to be some young, starving artist being taken advantage of, Carole. Sheesh. 

Interesting comment from a reader at the end of the blog. Apparently Carole's friend lost her husband last May, and by this past Valentine's day was in a hot and heavy committed lesbian relationship with Samantha Ronson. So it doesn't appear as if Carole's visit to California at Christmas was to comfort a grieving widow, as her visit last summer was. Not that there is anything wrong with that of course, but I wonder if Carole will continue the narrative of sacrificing her time to comfort a grieving friend. 

Does she not realize we see everything on TV and her blog can't change the facts?  I think she is close to needing a white jacket.

• Love 12
38 minutes ago, CrinkleCutCat said:

Bethenny needs to destroy a relationship before they leave her first.

But she seems, to me, more invested in repairing/maintaining the relationship. 

• Love 17
(edited)
19 minutes ago, ghoulina said:

The only reason I think she’s trying to repair the friendship is because she has no one really at this point on the show other then Sonja and it shows. Maybe I’m wrong and she has just been lashing out to hurt Carole before she gets hurt but I don’t think that’s the reason 

Edited by Keywestclubkid
  • Love 12
On 6/6/2018 at 6:24 PM, sadiebyuca said:

Except it's a bar not a buffet, and it only has olives and falafels, and she only has $3 in cash.  LOL

She can steal tips to buy a drink then keep asking to have water added to it and eat for a few hours. 

I wonder if she always has a plastic bag in her designer doggie bag.

• Love 9
(edited)

Andplusalso, we've all seen you go to get procedures done countless times on the show. It ain't all the amazing grapefruit emollients you're using keeping your skin drum-tight across your skull.

Didn't we speculate last season that Ramona had a facelift, eye job or something else? She looked bad in the early part of the season before her face settled. Perhaps it was just Botox and filler though. 

I hope Sonja is acting because she seems off her rocker. Is she on something besides alcohol? She is really out there. I don't even like watching her, especially the comments to men. If a man were doing this to young women we'd think he was a pig. 

Edited by Sweet-tea
  • Love 17
2 minutes ago, Sweet-tea said:

Didn't we speculate last season that Ramona had a facelift, eye job or something else? She looked bad in the early part of the season before her face settled. Perhaps it was just Botox and filler though. 

I hope Sonja is acting because she seems off her rocker. Is she on something besides alcohol? She is really out there. I don't even like watching her, especially the comments to men. If a man were doing this to young women we'd think he was a pig. 

I don't think Sonja is "acting", TMZ/ROL had caught her out and about drunk as a skunk, hitting on anything that moves (male or female) a few times and they were not filming the HW show at the time either!

• Love 11
13 minutes ago, Sweet-tea said:

I figure that most celebitries who hawk beauty products have had some kind of cosmetic procedure done on their face.  It's a given, IMO.   There's no amount of "anti-wrinkle" cream in the world that's going to actually prevent wrinkles.  It might lesson the severity of them, but you're not going to get a taut forehead by using them.  I've been using a daily facial moisturizer for 30 years and I haven't seen a wrinkle disappear yet! lol.  

As far as Bethenny and Carole go, I gave up on them on the last episode.  You can't discuss anything with Bethenny without her verbally running you over, so what's the point of trying to discuss things with her?  Carole would get one sentence out then Bethenny went on a 10 minute dissertation of said comment.  Ugh.  It's maddening.  There's no friendship worth that kind of hassle.  YMMV

• Love 20
17 hours ago, Alonzo Mosely FBI said:

It's a toss up. Will she f*** a bellman, pawn the LV bag, or call room service first?

She's counting how many plastic bags are in the suite to haul home "leftovers". 

Trash can bags, dirty laundry bags, shower cap in a pinch, plus she'll raid the cleaning cart when the house keeper's not looking. Lots of goodies there!

Cha-ching!

• Love 16
1 hour ago, ghoulina said:

I agree, she does seem to be that way with Carol....after finding her self in her default position of relationship sabotage.

• Love 7
9 hours ago, Barbara Please said:

Ramona merely mentioned her anti-aging product line in context to why she was passing the skin care gift forward. I didn’t see it as an over the top promotion. B always has her SG products displayed, even if she isn’t mentioning them she gets a lot of free promotion and product placement. So her comment to Ramona seemed unfair and hypocritical.

Ramona's lucky Bethenny didn't say what she really was thinking....her new line is a combination of 10 year old Tru Renewal mixed with old oxidized Ramona Pinot Grigio with notes of grapefruit

• Love 23
10 hours ago, Keywestclubkid said:

doesn't she "color" in the scratches and stuff on them? so that might be why she cant "sell" them lol

If she had to sell the DIY repaired birkins she could. The eBay market of desperate wanna be in the "in-crowd" losers who would jump at the chance to say "This old thing... Why I've had it for ages!"

• Love 5
46 minutes ago, WireWrap said:

I don't think Sonja is "acting", TMZ/ROL had caught her out and about drunk as a skunk, hitting on anything that moves (male or female) a few times and they were not filming the HW show at the time either!

Talking about male and female, why is she always climbing, hugging and kissing Luann?  WTF?  I wouldn’t let her near me with a ten foot pole.  

23 minutes ago, Martinigirl said:

Ramona's lucky Bethenny didn't say what she really was thinking....her new line is a combination of 10 year old Tru Renewal mixed with old oxidized Ramona Pinot Grigio with notes of grapefruit

Laughing my arse off.

• Love 9
17 hours ago, islandgal140 said:

This really makes me question B recount of things. She is really not a reliable narrator. At. all.  

Bethenny is a lying liar who lies. From day 1. Lie, deny, deflect and gaslight. Case in point: Jason Hoppy not guilty on a single charge. Love the shade in Carole’s blog that says Carole had Bethennys back during hard times even when C.  felt Bethenny was overreacting. Tell us more Carole.... 

• Love 17
14 hours ago, UsernameFatigue said:

Apparently Carole's friend lost her husband last May, and by this past Valentine's day was in a hot and heavy committed lesbian relationship with Samantha Ronson. So it doesn't appear as if Carole's visit to California at Christmas was to comfort a grieving widow, as her visit last summer was. Not that there is anything wrong with that of course, but I wonder if Carole will continue the narrative of sacrificing her time to comfort a grieving friend. 

I'm not sure that one has anything to do with the other. Everyone grieves differently so I don't find it odd that someone would be grieving in December but in a relationship by February. If you told me this happened in June, I might question Carole's motivation but not with this information. In my experience, first holidays without a loved one tend to be difficult times regardless of where you are in your grieving process. 

• Love 12

So when Dorinda says, “You’d have to be an a - - hole to go to that party,” does she mean any of Tom’s friends/acquaintances/family members? Or does she mean, anyone who was friends with Lu first? I can’t imagine she expects Tom’s circle to snub him, so she must mean Lu’s circle. Which makes me think that Dorinda suspected Ramona attended. 

That is pretty low of Ramona, if she did in fact attend. And she certainly looked uncomfortable when Dorinda asked her. I hope that comes out. 

• Love 13

I thought the Bethenny/Carole feud was maybe based on fact but exacerbated by producers, but, after reading Carole’s blog I don’t think they will ever be the same. The “toothpaste “ Carole squirted out cannot be put back- and Bethenny never forgets. 

• Love 7
9 minutes ago, Juliegirlj said:

I thought the Bethenny/Carole feud was maybe based on fact but exacerbated by producers, but, after reading Carole’s blog I don’t think they will ever be the same. The “toothpaste “ Carole squirted out cannot be put back- and Bethenny never forgets. 

Carole doesn't forget either and Bethenny was squeezing that tube before Carole knew the cap was even off the tube! LOL

• Love 11
On 6/6/2018 at 9:45 PM, sadiebyuca said:

Y'all.  I hate Carole's hair.  I hate her new outfits.  I hate whatever she did to her face.  I just can't even listen to what she says when she's on camera.  It's so distracting. 

In what was I guess supposed to be a big scene between her and Bethenny, all I could concentrate on was how swollen Carole's face looked. It was even more obvious when they would cut to talking heads and it looked more normal. Back away from the filler, Carole.

• Love 11
13 hours ago, Sweet-tea said:

If a man were doing this to young women we'd think he was a pig. 

In today's culture, it would be a call to action.  I can easily imagine that there would be a movement to have a man fired, or at least suspended for lesser behavior than Sonja exhibits on a weekly basis.

Double standards aren't cool.

12 hours ago, Giselle said:

If she had to sell the DIY repaired birkins she could. The eBay market of desperate wanna be in the "in-crowd" losers who would jump at the chance to say "This old thing... Why I've had it for ages!"

Wow.  This seems harsh, lol  ( ;

• Love 6

In today's culture, it would be a call to action.  I can easily imagine that there would be a movement to have a man fired, or at least suspended for lesser behavior than Sonja exhibits on a weekly basis.

It's a fair point. I mean, if a man told a female contractor he found her very attractive and upon hearing she was a lesbian, suggested that if he paid her money, she might consider having sex with him, that man would *on the hook* for sexual harassment.

Sonja is on camera sexually propositioning a gay man and offering him money for sex when he refuses... and its entertaining not a criminal act. 

• Love 11
(edited)
2 hours ago, esco1822 said:

I'm not sure that one has anything to do with the other. Everyone grieves differently so I don't find it odd that someone would be grieving in December but in a relationship by February. If you told me this happened in June, I might question Carole's motivation but not with this information. In my experience, first holidays without a loved one tend to be difficult times regardless of where you are in your grieving process. 

I don't know what "if you told me this happened in June" means. So someone could start a relationship right away and still be grieving (which also happens) and you would question Carole's motivation then? But yes, many people grieve a loved one for years after they have moved on to another relationship. In this case the widow was comfortable with declaring her love for her new partner on social media by Valentine's Day. Good for her. 

Edited by UsernameFatigue
  • Love 3
15 hours ago, CrinkleCutCat said:

Has as anyone figured out what Bethany’s beef with Carole is tho? It makes no sense that she started this season guns blazing for Carole. 

I think Carole realized that Bethany was tacky and really not into anyone except herself.

27 minutes ago, Rap541 said:

Sonja is on camera sexually propositioning a gay man and offering him money for sex when he refuses... and its entertaining not a criminal act. 

I am embarrassed watching her

She is really missing a few marbles

• Love 7
2 minutes ago, UsernameFatigue said:

I don't know what "if you told me this happened in June" means. So someone could start a relationship right away and still be grieving (which also happens) and you would question Carole's motives then? 

I didn't question her motives to begin with but i'd tend to think my friend would be much less fragile about the loss of her husband at Christmas if already in a committed relationship for 6 months. That's not the case though Carole is very close with Cassandra Grey, as evidenced by Cassandra's Instagram. Cassandra was also posting pictures of her late husband just after Thanksgiving so I would have no problem believing to Carole went to support her close friend (a grieving widow) during the holidays.  This is not a false narrative she's using as an excuse. 

• Love 6

I think Carole realized that Bethany was tacky and really not into anyone except herself.

If it really took this long, then I assume we're allowed to point out that Carole is no where near as smart, clever, and perspective as she likes to think she is.

Bethenny's personality is not a mystery, and Carole doesn't deserve a gold star for being too dumb to notice. 

• Love 16
(edited)
14 minutes ago, Rap541 said:

Bethenny's personality is not a mystery, and Carole doesn't deserve a gold star for being too dumb to notice. 

Granted Bethany's personality isn't a mystery but does that  give her a pass to be an ass tho? should she not be held accountable??  I mean shouldn't each of these ladies be held to some sort of stranded that isnt well thats just how they are everyone knows it so let this one live in a weird fantasy world, let that one drink till she dies, let that one steamroll over everyone to make herself seem more important, let that one act like a perpetual 12yo ya know what i'm saying just because they always acted that way doesn't mean its right... there shouldn't be excuses for one while tearing everyone else down just because thats the way they are

Edited by Keywestclubkid
  • Love 8

Granted Bethany's personality isn't a mystery but does that  give her a pass to be an ass tho? should she not be held accountable??  

I would call that an entirely different issue. 

• Love 2
(edited)
4 minutes ago, Rap541 said:

I would call that an entirely different issue. 

eh i kinda see what you are saying but her personalty is aggressive, loud, and mean. so its all kinda rolled into one.. just like Ramona is entitled and Sonja is just wakado overly sexual Carole is condescending  etc etc

Edited by Keywestclubkid
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, candle96 said:

In what was I guess supposed to be a big scene between her and Bethenny, all I could concentrate on was how swollen Carole's face looked. It was even more obvious when they would cut to talking heads and it looked more normal. Back away from the filler, Carole.

It’s true. Her beady little eyes are sinking into her puffy face ! 

• Love 7
36 minutes ago, esco1822 said:

I didn't question her motives to begin with but i'd tend to think my friend would be much less fragile about the loss of her husband at Christmas if already in a committed relationship for 6 months. That's not the case though Carole is very close with Cassandra Grey, as evidenced by Cassandra's Instagram. Cassandra was also posting pictures of her late husband just after Thanksgiving so I would have no problem believing to Carole went to support her close friend (a grieving widow) during the holidays.  This is not a false narrative she's using as an excuse. 

Carole has a house in LA, doesn't she?  So she didn't need any excuse to be there for the holidays and be unwilling to engage in long texts with Bethenny.  It would seem there wasn't much contact between the marathon (early November) and the holidays although they were filming the show.  I don't blame Carole for not acting like a dog on a leash and responding to long texts just because Bethenny is in the mood.  

• Love 12
On 6/6/2018 at 10:19 PM, mbaywife123 said:

I now think that SonJa is the "person" who returned snow tires to Nordstrom even though they don't carry tires but strive to keep the pampered patrons happy.

I love you so much for this!  Did you work there??  I heard that story from the person training me on the cash register!  I tell it all the time!  

• Love 5
(edited)
1 hour ago, Rap541 said:

If it really took this long, then I assume we're allowed to point out that Carole is no where near as smart, clever, and perspective as she likes to think she is.

No, Bethenny's personality isn't a mystery, but that doesn't mean that everyone decides to run screaming from her on first sight. In my estimation, it isn't about "being too dumb to notice." It's about seeing someone, flaws and all, and still taking a chance to get to know them, or still trying to see their humanity despite the serious flaws. 

I take it that Carole decided that she would get to know Bethenny on her own rather than factor in other people's tales of Bethenny before forging a friendship. 

Edited by Mozelle
  • Love 11
15 hours ago, Keywestclubkid said:

The only reason I think she’s trying to repair the friendship is because she has no one really at this point on the show other then Sonja and it shows. Maybe I’m wrong and she has just been lashing out to hurt Carole before she gets hurt but I don’t think that’s the reason 

Her hurt seemed very real, to me. Bethenny is the type that wears her heart on her sleeve. You can look at her and tell how she really feels. I don't think she's faking being upset just for the show. 

• Love 15

I take it that Carole decided that she would get to know Bethenny on her own rather than factor in other people's tales of Bethenny before forging a friendship. 

Oh come now, Carole didn't form a tentative, hesitant acquaintanceship, she was full on besties and was merrily engaging in the tormenting of Jules with Bethenny. She's known for years what Bethenny is like. That behavior didn't bother her and in fact amused the shit out of her, until she was on the receiving end.

She's not Bethenny's victim.

• Love 15
(edited)

I think it’s interesting that both Bethany and Carole have such polarizing personalities. I feel like with both of them something tugs atyour heart that allows you to overlook  their faults or you hate every thing they do down to the pit of your soul. It’s funny to me because in essence, they’re sort of similar. They’re both haughty know-it-alls who can be incredibly selfish and cruel about their knowledge, they both hold people at a distance but expect nearly clairvoyant anticipation of their own emotions from others, they both suffer from extremely  self-serving memories but are quick to nitpick other’s recall of events, they are both invested in self-narrative that highlight their personal hardships while ignoring their personal privileges, and they both feel more comfortable in unequal relationships where they are being pursued by someone who looks up to them in either romance and friendship.

Now I happen to be a Bethany girl who can for some reason forgive a lot of her shit, while my default with Carole is that she’s a damn, dirty liar. But I also know that my assessment has AT LEAST as much to do with me as them. I’m just saying they aren’t that different and given all that I’m actually surprised it took them this long to have a fight. 

Edited by FozzyBear
  • Love 17
2 minutes ago, SuprSuprElevated said:

For me, Carole isn't interesting enough to be polarizing.

I would want a relationship with Bethenny that was restricted to meeting for a drink after work, maybe once or twice a month.  Two hours, max.

Totally on board about Bethany. She’s one of my favorites but I’m glad I don’t actually know her. I think she would work best as that old childhood friend that you see once a year for drinks when you’re both in town for thanksgiving. Otherwise she would get exhausting.

carole I just want to smack all the fucking time. I cannot abide. 

• Love 12
16 minutes ago, Rap541 said:

Oh come now, Carole didn't form a tentative, hesitant acquaintanceship, she was full on besties and was merrily engaging in the tormenting of Jules with Bethenny. She's known for years what Bethenny is like. That behavior didn't bother her and in fact amused the shit out of her, until she was on the receiving end.

Sooooo Carole isn't allowed to be hurt or upset by Bethenny basically changing the dynamics of their friendship? She shouldn't be upset to hear that her good friend, who has never done this to her before, is now talking about her behind her back instead of coming to her directly? I might agree that she maybe should have known better since this is a pattern in Bethenny's relationships but it certainly hasn't been a pattern in THEIR relationship and that's what's important to her.  

• Love 9
2 hours ago, Keywestclubkid said:

This has basically become the Bethany and Carole show lol 

So in a bid to change the subject... is anyone else amazed Sonja has three dollars? I imagined at this stage she would be trying to pay for goods and services with buttons. Or maybe she was paying with pets, and that's where they really disappeared to. I think that food she ate at Bethenny's party was probably the first real meal she'd had in months. 

• Love 12
2 hours ago, Rap541 said:

She's not Bethenny's victim.

Bethenny/Carole became friends during Bethenny's first season back, Jules came the following season, so they hadn't known each other for "years", just 1 year. I imagine that Carole based her feelings about Bethenny on how Bethenny treated her, not how she treated others, like most people do.

• Love 5
25 minutes ago, coops said:

So in a bid to change the subject... is anyone else amazed Sonja has three dollars? I imagined at this stage she would be trying to pay for goods and services with buttons. Or maybe she was paying with pets, and that's where they really disappeared to. I think that food she ate at Bethenny's party was probably the first real meal she'd had in months. 

Lol she really is taking the eccentric thing to a whole new level. 

• Love 5
4 hours ago, Rap541 said:

They seemed to have fun in the beginning and giggled etc..

Carole is such a bassett hound and Bethany is a Chihuahua. Had to know it wouldnt last

17 hours ago, jaybird2 said:

like avia!

The leg tosser!! And her creepy father

• Love 4
(edited)

I really am seriously wondering just how broke Sonja  is... I mean the getting rid of pets (could she not afford to feed them) cause it looks like the way she attacked the food at that party she hadn’t eaten in days the smelling of her underwear like she can’t afford laundry. Is she flat broke? What does she get paid to be on this show? Is that all going to taxes and paying off lawsuits? She’s obviously trying to live a lifestyle she can no longer afford the taxes on her place have to be hitting her hard 

Edited by Keywestclubkid
  • Love 4
(edited)
5 hours ago, Rap541 said:

I mean, if a man told a female contractor he found her very attractive and upon hearing she was a lesbian, suggested that if he paid her money, she might consider having sex with him, that man would *on the hook* for sexual harassment.

I think that Sonja thinks that all men should be attracted to her.    Sonja should remember that although is she very attractive, not every man is going to be interested her.  And it's really crass to have a repairman come into her home and then launch into her "look at me, I'm sexy" mode.   It's really embarrassing to watch her act coy.  Although Sonja probably welcomes an interlude like that, for the rest of us, respect goes both ways whenever a repair person comes into our home.  

Edited by ChitChat
Quoted the wrong sentence.
  • Love 6