Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E12: Out With the Old, In With the New

• Start Topic

Kayla starts college and Brianna returns to single life. Lexi makes plans for her future and gives Kyler an ultimatum. Ashley is uncertain about Bar’s mom’s upcoming visit. Single-parenting struggles lead Jade to think outside the box.

(edited)

Sounds like Danae, abusive asshole that he is, was isolating Brianna from her friends. 

I just wish the girls wouldn't feel the need to all be in relationships when they're barely out of the hospital with their newborns. Except for Kayla, anybody except for Stephon for her! 

I can't believe that dumb bitch Kayla let Stephon in her mom's house again after his tirade. He should never be able to step foot in there again. 

I wish Kyler would have cut Lexi off instead of continuing to string her along. She's never getting a promise ring. 

Edited by missy jo
  • Love 7

These girls are so naive they put up with so much bs from these losers even with their friends telling them how they feel.  I’m also not crazy about them jumping to another guy right away, you have a baby take care of it instead of dumping it on Mom.

• Love 9

Does Bar have an "I killed someone" teardrop tattoo under his eye or is it an unfortunately placed mole? It's darker than his other moles and freckles, and, um, tattoo colored. 

• Love 2

I think if any of couples on this show has a good chance of working out , it’s Jade & Shawn . They BOTH have growing to do but I think Shawn is definitely willingly to grow . . .Jade on the other hand is currently on the fence . Nonetheless , if they can get it together , they’ll be good . Chloe(probably wrong spelling) is such a CUTIE ! 

As for Kyler & Lexi , I have to agree w. Miss Jo , I wish Kyler would have said no to a relationship . We all know it’s never going to work out for them . Lexi , sweetie , he’s not that into you anymore . Take the promise ring off and go into mourning of that relationship . The faster you do , the faster you’ll feel better , the faster you can move on and live your best life ! Sidebar: I just found out on the last episode that her name is Alexis . I’m HOT because my name is Alexis and when I was younger my now ex friends used to try and call me Lexi for short and I remember always telling them NOT to call me that because it sounds like the name of a girl who’s an air head ! I really wish they could see Lexi as a true testament to my rationale .

Stephon is such a master manipulator it’s sad to see . Between Kayla and Lexi , Kayla takes the cake w. the stupidity ! At least Kyler gives Lexi SOMETHING to hang on to . Stephon gives Kayla nothing short of his ass to kiss but she keeps clinging on . 1. Kayla posted those pictures on FB on PURPOSE , She knows Stephon checks her FB so even though they may very well be just friends , she tried to get a reaction out of Stephon w. those pictures . 2. I would have loved for Kayla to play the game w. Stephon . As soon as he mentioned anything about those pictures , she should of responded w. “But we’re not together so why do you care?” or w. a nonchalant “okay and?” , as soon as he was like I’m about to leave , she should have said “okay , make sure you get all your stuff” . 

Ashley is an entitled , spoiled , self centered , bossy , manipulative female ! So you don’t trust Shen in your house while you’re not there (which still makes absolutely no sense) however , you are completely ok w. Shen watchin your daughter and allowed her to spend the night w. her ? But isn’t this someone you don’t trust ? I never see her do anything substantial for Bar but she DEMANDS that he bends over backwards for her ? I can’t see how Bar puts up w. this nonsense .

Sidebar: did y’all know that Ashley went on IG Live and said that Bar beats her ? Yup ! 

• Love 10
9 hours ago, missy jo said:

Does Bar have an "I killed someone" teardrop tattoo under his eye or is it an unfortunately placed mole? It's darker than his other moles and freckles, and, um, tattoo colored. 

Some also use it to represent a loved one who died but since certain men don’t cry...hence the teardrop tattoo. Definitely not something I would etch on my face regardless. I think face tattoos of any kind are just all kinds of eew.

Ashley only switched up cos her mom was in her head at the brunch. Pastor Petty is the one stirring up the drama. She manipulated Ashley so easily, and got in her head so quickly. Wow, she’s a pro. She can’t have Ashley be cool with Shen before she was cool with Bar. It wouldn’t do with all the bashing Pastor Petty does against Bar, for Shen and Bar to be the normal forgiving ones. Plus she probably didn’t want Shen to see their apartment before she was invited to see it.  So she stirs up her daughter againand torpedoes that plan. Funny that Ashley said they never fight except when their families get involved. So stop getting your families all up in your business, honey. Stop telling them stuff and they won’t have any ammo to use against either of you. I’m not sure if I 100% believe Ashley as to Bariki beating her. She seems to twist situations to suit her narrative, same way her mama does. I’m not saying it didn’t happen, but I’m side eyeing that one claim until I see more evidence. Seems more like Ashley who threw the first blow and/or didn’t like the results when her mouth got her in trouble. Bariki is managing as well as can be expected under the circumstances. She keeps changing the script on him and moving the goal post further away when it suits her. She needs to stop sweating the small stuff and only fight when it’s necesary, when it’s something that really matters to her. 

I refuse to spell anyone’s name crazily from here on out. I will just accept Siri’s spelling because all these people with their weirdly spelled names are vexing me.

Stephan was in a huge snit cos Kayla had started school and started seeing other people. She seems very focused on her goals and I’m glad to see her out of the slump. Stephan is so ridiculous for his anger and all that carrying on. I’m so glad Kayla didn’t get up and bundle her baby in the cold just to drop him off, esp after the way he spoke to her and about her mother. He is so disrespectful. Yes he is Isaiah’s dad but that doesn’t give him the right to treat you like shit, while you are cloistered in the nunnery waiting for him to break you off a piece in between his rotation. Glad she has moved on with her life. She needs to go ahead and file paperwork with family court to get everything set in stone now, the sooner the better. 

Jade & Sean, glad they are now in therapy. I think Jade also needs counseling for coping with all her other life issues...the mama drama and all the baggage that brings. At least this epi it seems like Sean is trying. Although from previews it seems like they are going to quickly slip into their old habits again. 

Lexi, please stop being so dumb. She truly does live in a fantasy world that is so different from reality. Her friends and all those promise rings are ridiculous. Is this a thing now? Where high schoolers all get promise rings as a rite of passage or something ? Is there anyone here who is with their high school sweetheart ? It’s so rare that these relationships stand the test of time. So Lexi, stop putting all your eggs in the Kyler basket. Trust me, there are much more better men who will treat you well and love you without making you feel like crap. Kyler gets a kick out of watching Lexi spin emotionally. Not only is that cruel, but it’s inhumane, and I cannot wait for him to get his heart stomped on by a man eater. Also, am I the only one who questions his sexuality? I think he is confused sexually, can’t come out because of the whole Midwest values thing, experimented with his best friend Lexi to test if he was gay.  and they got pregnant. Cue the reality show. But he’s not sure if he wants girls, guys, or other. I have yet to see him show affection for anyone, except maybe his little brother. 

• Love 3

It hurts my heart to see little Lexi sitting there, all hopeful, while Kyler smugly tells her what's wrong with her. Lexi may not be the sharpest tool in the shed but she's aces compared to that lardy, spotty, stupid, fatuous turd Kyler. Why does she allow it? Why does her mother allow it? If a guy was treating my daughter this way I would have a bit to say to her about that.

Kayla. Sweet tap dancing Jesus, why does she put up with Stephan's antics? He does it because she allows it. The way he was yelling "stop talking stop talking"-well, that would have been the last time. And then he has the gall to ask her for a ride! Walk, honey. And keep walking.

Jade and Sean have the right idea in going to therapy. I hope they can work things out. That baby is adorable.

Bar, run for your life.

• Love 11

Every time I see Lexi with her baby she's holding the pacifier in his mouth, as if to force it to be quiet.  It looks so uncomfortable for baby, as if he has no choice.  The kid's never going to have a chance to learn how to talk!

• Love 2
2 hours ago, Spiderella2 said:

? Is there anyone here who is with their high school sweetheart ? It’s so rare that these relationships stand the test of time.

*raises hand* going on thirty years.  he's a little older, he was in college.  but I didn't have a baby til 22...sheesh!

of course it's rare.  Some friends of ours who would also be celebrating their thirtieth anniversary just split up this year...*that* has gotta be rough (wow, enough about me, this had *nothing* to do with Y & P.)   my heart breaks for Lexi every time she begs for scraps.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, suzeecat said:

Every time I see Lexi with her baby she's holding the pacifier in his mouth, as if to force it to be quiet.  It looks so uncomfortable for baby, as if he has no choice.  The kid's never going to have a chance to learn how to talk!

I noticed that too! She keeps cramming that binkie in, but he does. not. want. it. Pay attention to your baby, Lexi!

• Love 6
4 hours ago, Spiderella2 said:

Lexi, please stop being so dumb. She truly does live in a fantasy world that is so different from reality. Her friends and all those promise rings are ridiculous. Is this a thing now? Where high schoolers all get promise rings as a rite of passage or something ? Is there anyone here who is with their high school sweetheart ? It’s so rare that these relationships stand the test of time. So Lexi, stop putting all your eggs in the Kyler basket. Trust me, there are much more better men who will treat you well and love you without making you feel like crap. Kyler gets a kick out of watching Lexi spin emotionally. Not only is that cruel, but it’s inhumane, and I cannot wait for him to get his heart stomped on by a man eater. Also, am I the only one who questions his sexuality? I think he is confused sexually, can’t come out because of the whole Midwest values thing, experimented with his best friend Lexi to test if he was gay.  and they got pregnant. Cue the reality show. But he’s not sure if he wants girls, guys, or other. I have yet to see him show affection for anyone, except maybe his little brother. 

The more and more I watch her , the less I think she’s DUMB dumb . She’s definitely dumb but it’s more of like a low self esteem, stupid in love kind of dumb. 

As for the promise rings , it’s a cute gesture when you’re that young . I’m 27 (*hides face* I hope I’m not the baby in here , lol)and I got a promise ring from my high school boyfriend . Of course we didn’t stay together but while it’s rare , it’s not  uncommon to see high school sweethearts live happily ever after . I love how her mom told her if this doesn’t work this time you have to be ready to be done forever . Of course , the way Lexi answered proved that she’s not ready to let go even if it doesn’t work out this time .

i don’t question his sexuality , he’s just not into to Lexi ! He doesn’t show any emotions , like EVER . He’s just there no matter where he is , wasting mass .

• Love 6
4 hours ago, Spiderella2 said:

Lexi, please stop being so dumb. She truly does live in a fantasy world that is so different from reality. Her friends and all those promise rings are ridiculous. Is this a thing now? Where high schoolers all get promise rings as a rite of passage or something ? Is there anyone here who is with their high school sweetheart ? It’s so rare that these relationships stand the test of time. 

I’m nearly 10 years in without a baby.  I met my boyfriend when I was 17 and he was 16.  He got me a promise ring for our 3rd anniversary and I’m still wearing it as a place holder for the engagement ring which is supposed to happen this summer for our 10 year anniversary.  All of that being said we were and still clearly are into each other unlike these idiots. 

• Love 5

What to say about this episode....

Kayla: Sorry, but she's a loser. No backbone whatsoever. Mom doesn't seem to have one either. They could be saying, "The weather today calls for light rain," or "I'm gonna rip your mother f-in throat off and stomp on it," and the tone would never change. Tell this asshole to GTFO of your house, pay his fucking child support, see his kid per whatever visitation order they have and that's that. But no. She wants him there. Not to take care of the kid. She wants him there because if he is there, he is not with someone else. Meanwhile, she finds underwear that is not hers in his laundry (and barely reacts) and uses the same monotone when talking about the hickeys he has. Oh, and her changing her tone to street when talking to the guys at school and then later with Stephan was laughable. Give me a freaking break. 

Ashley and Bar: Boring. Mama drama.

Sean and Jade: There is something about Sean that seems very sincere to me. It's as though he really wants to do the right thing but just can't because he's young and dumb. 

Lexi's top peeve is that Lard Ass needs to work on is his video game playing? Really? Not that he treats her like shit? Plays with her head? Loves to torture her? Video games? I just can't with this girl. Promise rings? What the heck is that about? I'm 50 and no one I ever knew in high school, college or anywhere else ever got a promise ring. Ankle bracelets were a thing in my high school days.

Brianna: There's something about her that's sneaky. I can't put my finger on it but moving on so quickly after Danae and expecting her mother to babysit while she continues being a teenager is something I think is just bullshit. I think she is getting a good edit. 

Added: The video of Ashley hitting herself in the face was actually scary to me. Why would she do that?

• Love 12

I was impressed that although Jade and Sean had never been to therapy, they jumped right in and were open and present in their session. They are the oldest on this show, I believe. It's amazing what a difference a few years can make, good or bad. I agree that Jade needs some one on one therapy. She seems so world weary and joyless at such a young age. She's like an old, young person.

Lexi needs to move on. If you have to ask a guy that many times if he's into you, you've got your answer.

• Love 5

The only way Lexi and Kyler would work out is if she played hard to get. Maybe dated someone else for awhile. It's bizarre to watch because she is so far out of his league (I imagine he was cuter before puberty weight gain hit). He needs to be shown that in uncertain terms if there is any hope of him acting right. 

The only relationship I'm rooting for is Sean and Jade. I'm rooting for a long period of singledom for the rest of them. 

• Love 5

Kyler might be my least favorite person to watch on TV ever. He’s such a blob. I hope the show continues for many years so we can see his loser trajectory and hopefully Lexi will snap the eff out of it and find someone who appreciates her. 

Did anyone else notice Jade’s handicap hangtag? I noticed it during a driving scene, then noticed she was indeed parked in handicap when they showed an exterior shot of her apartments. Did they ever say what her disability is? 

I’ll be glad to see Denae on my television never again. Brianna probably doesn’t need to be moving on that fast but at least she’s not going back to the rage-aholic. Also, was interesting to learn that Braeson lost his arm from amniotic banding. I don’t think this was mentioned before.

• Love 4

Stephan says he wants to be a good father to the baby, but being a good dad also means doing what you can to ensure his mother, and primary caretaker, is as mentally and emotionally stable as possible.  NOT playing games and raging at her so that she's exhausting any amount of her energy on your stupid ass, that should be directed at your son.  He definitely does not want to see her succeed at school, or anywhere else in her life.  He NEEDS her to be below him in his mind.  She's stupid for putting up with it.  His anger is scary as hell and while he wants to be in his sons life, he's screwed up in the head enough that I think Izaiah might be better off without him.  With Stephan comes yelling, fighting, and bad vibes.  When the baby gets older he's going to start adopting some of those traits and is more likely to not respect women.  I think he's the worst person on this show.  Pull your head out of your ass, Kayla.  This asshole is your sons role model, and you're molding his views on what a woman should be.  And he's going to think women are only there for his amusement. 

• Love 11
6 hours ago, Jackintheknox said:

Kyler might be my least favorite person to watch on TV ever. He’s such a blob. I hope the show continues for many years so we can see his loser trajectory and hopefully Lexi will snap the eff out of it and find someone who appreciates her. 

Did anyone else notice Jade’s handicap hangtag? I noticed it during a driving scene, then noticed she was indeed parked in handicap when they showed an exterior shot of her apartments. Did they ever say what her disability is? 

I’ll be glad to see Denae on my television never again. Brianna probably doesn’t need to be moving on that fast but at least she’s not going back to the rage-aholic. Also, was interesting to learn that Braeson lost his arm from amniotic banding. I don’t think this was mentioned before.

I saw it too and my first thought was that she uses it when driving people who are eligible for the tag (grandparent? Older relative?) so they don't have to walk far. That said, I don't even know if that's how placards are actually distributed.

However, it wouldn't shock me if she (illegally) abuses the parking tag to avoid searching for parking. She seems to be running late for work a lot, so that's one less thing for her to worry about. It's also really handy when needing to park in her apartment complex. It's not like she drives a nondescript car either; that yellow Xterra stands out big time! 

I have a Staff parking tag and it pisses me off when I have to circle the parking lot several times because lazy ass students, trying to be sneaky, have literally taken the last few available spots because they park in the staff lot. There have been mornings where I've had to park in the fire lane & move my car at lunch. I got called out on it by Admin and I told them they need to keep the kids out of our lot. They did not. (Sadly, I've had to tell off more than my fair share of students and also instruct them to get back into their cars and go park in the student lot because they're in a teacher's parking spot.) 

• Love 3

Maybe the handicapped tag was because she was pregnant and there was a reason she couldn’t walk far? I had reconstructive surgery on my ankle a few years ago and got a handicapped tag, they usually are good for I think 6 months. Once I was off crutches I didn’t feel entitled to use it anymore but those temporary tags that hang from the mirror are good for 6 months. 

• Love 1

Was the tag red/pink in color? Red handicap tags are temporary ones issued when you have an injury or condition that requires the tag for a short period. The blue one is for people with a permanent disability.

My Husband and I dated in high school. We will be married 43 years in August. 2 kids and 5 Grandchildren later.

i might one of the oldest "fans" of the Teen Mom shows and. I sometimes wonder why I watch but I do.

• Love 10
(edited)
On 5/29/2018 at 7:00 PM, Jackintheknox said:

He's not as temperamental as some of the other baby dads but out of all of them he seems the least affectionate towards his baby.  

Edited by JasminePhyllisia
  • Love 3
On 5/29/2018 at 10:22 AM, teapot said:

*raises hand* going on thirty years.  he's a little older, he was in college.  but I didn't have a baby til 22...sheesh!

There's a few couples from my high school class that are married - and our class was pretty small (and we're in our mid 30's now) 

Being a single person I actually kind of envy them finding their person so early in life. Iv'e been through a lot of duds. lol 

• Love 4

I seriously dont understand how many times Kyler has to tell Lexi he doesnt want a relationship. She just kept on asking hik until he finally gave up and said yes (was it even a yes??). And Lexi’s mom really annoys me. She’s like a giggly teenager ugh. 

Stephan makes me so angry. And Kayla too. She’s just hanging out with another guy to spite Stephan and get a reaction out of him. 

I’m so glad Jade and Sean went to therapy! I think I said this a few episodes ago, I really do think they have long term potential if they get some help from counseling. 

• Love 2

I think Kyler just said yes to get Lexi off his back too.  And now she'll expect a promise ring.  And what's with all those other girls getting promise rings? I hope their boyfriends only spend $25 at kohls. And the one girl forced her boyfriend to get her a SECOND one!?! good grief. 

Also don't understand why Ashley wanted to be home when Shen was there.  Did she think Shen was going to rummage through her drawers or what?? One would think she would prefer she NOT be there when Shen is around.  

One thing surprising to me... it seems like almost all of these kids have gotten jobs AFTER they started filming.  Brianna has one now. Ashley and Bar got jobs... Jade either had one or got a new one after having the baby.  Kyler got a full time job.  Still curious as to what Stephan does all day.... is he just bumming housing and food off friends? 

And I keep meaning to look up where Kayla lives. They always show farmland, a small town-ish feel but she seems to be the only white girl in town (besides her mother) which would not be common in small town Illinois.  

• Love 3
8 hours ago, gunderda said:

And I keep meaning to look up where Kayla lives. They always show farmland, a small town-ish feel but she seems to be the only white girl in town (besides her mother) which would not be common in small town Illinois.  

The graphics say Cortland, which is a small town in DeKalb County that indeed is predominantly white (95% per the most recent census). The town's really small, but pretty close to the city of DeKalb, where she went to HS, but DeKalb's very white, too, so - this isn't some African-American prairie outpost, or anything, it's apparently just Kayla's own little social circle where she's the only white girl. 

• Love 2

From what MTV shows, Kayla looks like she lives in a moderately-sized home. The living room and kitchen area that Kayla and her mom are always in don't seem to "match" the house. I've wondered if they live in an apartment on the property or if MTV is pulling a Kardashian and showing us a totally different house from where they really live.

• Love 2
On 6/1/2018 at 6:29 AM, gunderda said:

I think Kyler just said yes to get Lexi off his back too.  And now she'll expect a promise ring.  And what's with all those other girls getting promise rings? I hope their boyfriends only spend $25 at kohls. And the one girl forced her boyfriend to get her a SECOND one!?! good grief. 

Also don't understand why Ashley wanted to be home when Shen was there.  Did she think Shen was going to rummage through her drawers or what?? One would think she would prefer she NOT be there when Shen is around.  

One thing surprising to me... it seems like almost all of these kids have gotten jobs AFTER they started filming.  Brianna has one now. Ashley and Bar got jobs... Jade either had one or got a new one after having the baby.  Kyler got a full time job.  Still curious as to what Stephan does all day.... is he just bumming housing and food off friends? 

I wondered that as well. To me it seems like he is always geared up to go play basketball. But surely he doesn’t just play ball all day long? Maybe he is a good basketball player, maybe he thinks he’s good enough for the NBA. Clearly he has an air of entitlement, like he’s special and everyone should bow down in respect for him. And he has no concept of consequences. So maybe he is/was a star athlete in school. They generally get treated like celebrities in small towns. That’s all just speculation on my part. 

• Love 1
On 5/29/2018 at 12:21 AM, lexsaysso said:

Chloe(probably wrong spelling) is such a CUTIE ! 

It's not you who misspelled that poor child's name...

The town's really small, but pretty close to the city of DeKalb, where she went to HS, but DeKalb's very white, too

I wonder if Kayla is hanging out with students from Northern Illinois University. The town is very white, but the undergrads are about 16% black. So that's like 2000 black kids...plenty for a social circle.

• Love 1
On 6/1/2018 at 10:49 PM, LilaFowler said:

From what MTV shows, Kayla looks like she lives in a moderately-sized home. The living room and kitchen area that Kayla and her mom are always in don't seem to "match" the house. I've wondered if they live in an apartment on the property or if MTV is pulling a Kardashian and showing us a totally different house from where they really live.

It's a duplex. I had the same thought as you so I payed closer attention to the outside shot and you can tell it's a duplex.

On 6/1/2018 at 5:47 PM, akr said:

The graphics say Cortland, which is a small town in DeKalb County that indeed is predominantly white (95% per the most recent census). The town's really small, but pretty close to the city of DeKalb, where she went to HS, but DeKalb's very white, too, so - this isn't some African-American prairie outpost, or anything, it's apparently just Kayla's own little social circle where she's the only white girl. 

African American prairie outpost ?

Does Jade work at Olive Garden?  In a few scenes where she's in her uniform she's in all black wearing a small green button on her shirt that looks like the ones they wear at Olive Garden.

The name "Kyler" has got to be one of the strangest names I've heard yet.  Is it a cross between Kyle and Tyler?  Everytime I hear that name it's like nails on a chalkboard.

• Love 2
On 30/05/2018 at 6:48 AM, Bridget said:

I saw it too and my first thought was that she uses it when driving people who are eligible for the tag (grandparent? Older relative?) so they don't have to walk far. That said, I don't even know if that's how placards are actually distributed.

However, it wouldn't shock me if she (illegally) abuses the parking tag to avoid searching for parking. She seems to be running late for work a lot, so that's one less thing for her to worry about. It's also really handy when needing to park in her apartment complex. It's not like she drives a nondescript car either; that yellow Xterra stands out big time! 

I have a Staff parking tag and it pisses me off when I have to circle the parking lot several times because lazy ass students, trying to be sneaky, have literally taken the last few available spots because they park in the staff lot. There have been mornings where I've had to park in the fire lane & move my car at lunch. I got called out on it by Admin and I told them they need to keep the kids out of our lot. They did not. (Sadly, I've had to tell off more than my fair share of students and also instruct them to get back into their cars and go park in the student lot because they're in a teacher's parking spot.) 

I saw on another site that  Jade has a sugar daddy page online.

and I then saw this!!!!

https://starcasm.net/new-teen-mom-jade-cline-sugar-daddy-website-profile/