Type keyword(s) to search

"The View": Week Of 5/14/2018

Jaded
  • Start Topic

7 minutes ago, Medicine Crow said:

I've followed Bethenny for a long time & she's definitely not above or adverse to grandstanding & publicity.  I think Sunny's benevolence comes from a more quiet place & doesn't feel any attention is appropriate.

Probably but I think the more attention given to PR still being in distress is crucial.  Trump has given us so much more to worry about that PR has taken a back seat. 

• Love 7
2 minutes ago, Wings said:
10 minutes ago, Medicine Crow said:

I've followed Bethenny for a long time & she's definitely not above or adverse to grandstanding & publicity.  I think Sunny's benevolence comes from a more quiet place & doesn't feel any attention is appropriate.

Probably but I think the more attention given to PR still being in distress is crucial.  Trump has given us so much more to worry about that PR has taken a back seat. 

Does Bethany have a connection to PR?  When a celebrity is involved in a charity and has a pet cause if there is a personal reason why I believe the concern is genuine.  I can't remember which cohost said a lot of people get involved or give money just to get a seat on a board or something.  

I read a book about high society NY (I can't remember the name.  Might have been Primates of Park Avenue) and the author had a character who made up charities just so they could plan fancy parties.  

(edited)
1 hour ago, Bronzedog said:

My take away from Sunny’s criticism of Bethenny was that, for whatever reason, she doesn’t like Bethenny and would criticize anything she does. 

Sunny and bethenny had a run in years ago when both rented houses next door in the Hamptons.  I think there is some of that sweeping into her current view of Berhenny helping out in PR.

I like Sunny and she always has valid points..but she sometimes lets her emotions get in the way.  I hope when she was practicing law full time that she kept her emotions in check.  

I havent seen the whole show yet...but A. Milano is co hosting so I think I'll take a pass.  She's as obnoxious and militant for the left as meghan is for the 'base'.

Edited by JAYJAY1979
  • Love 4
(edited)
2 minutes ago, JAYJAY1979 said:

I like Sunny and she always has valid points..but she sometimes lets her emotions get in the way. 

Emotions or morals?  She has very staunch views of right and wrong.  She is quite judgemental.  

Edited by Wings
  • Love 3
12 minutes ago, JAYJAY1979 said:

I like Sunny and she always has valid points..but she sometimes lets her emotions get in the way.  I hope when she was practicing law full time that she kept her emotions in check.  

To be fair, Puerto Rico is her homeland and she saw the devastation firsthand and the indifference, hostility and contempt that 45 has shown to the American citizens living on that island. So, she has a right to be emotional.  

• Love 15

I've never liked Bethenny (beginning with her putting on her 4-yr old's shirt & shorts to advertise her skinny booze mixers), but if she is raising money for PR, good on her.  Much of PR still doesn't have electricity and the average American is not aware of it.

In addition to being short-waisted, MMM is also short (1.55 m or <5'1"), so I can believe she wears a 14 in Marquesa vanity sizing.  If she were 5'4-6", yes, she'd be a size 18-22.

• Love 4
(edited)
3 minutes ago, deirdra said:

I've never liked Bethenny (beginning with her putting on her 4-yr old's shirt & shorts to advertise her skinny booze mixers), but if she is raising money for PR, good on her.  Much of PR still doesn't have electricity and the average American is not aware of it.

In addition to being short-waisted, MMM is also short (1.55 m or <5'1"), so I can believe she wears a 14 in Marquesa vanity sizing.  If she were 5'4-6", yes, she'd be a size 18-22.

In what world does your height determine your size?  In my world, it's inches ... bust, waist & hips!!  Just sayin'.

ETA:  My sister was 5' & I'm 5' 6" ... we both wore the same size, only she had to have her slacks, skirts, etc. hemmed unless she bought the item at a "petite shop".

Edited by Medicine Crow
  • Love 3

Bethenny Frankel got planes and goods donated and was in remote parts of Puerto Rico before government aid. Did you know PR had mountains? I didn't! Sunny can be like many a RHONY viewer (and some of its cast members) and appreciate the work Bethenny is doing without being a fan of her on a personal level. I think Jayjay is absolutely right that Sunny's feelings are also colored by Bethenny's ugly behavior to her a few summers ago ib the Hamptons.

• Love 6
4 hours ago, blondiec0332 said:

He jokingly said it would be too much work. 

I'd say it too...but with meaning.  I don't want to do many things if I don't feel like it:  get up, take a shower, do anything with my hair, cook, buy groceries, go OUT, and the beat goes on.  What if I had five or six people pulling at me for all this crap AND sex?  I'm too far gone.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, Wings said:

I think her wedding dress was 14 and why she brought it up.  I don't doubt Marquessa has vanity sizing.  

Meghan's wedding dress was so tight.  She is just stuffed in all her clothes.

Pretty dress, but not on her. She brought it up and they showed a pic, so fair game!

• Love 6
(edited)
39 minutes ago, Wings said:

Emotions or morals?  She has very staunch views of right and wrong.  She is quite judgemental.  

I appreciate "staunch views," but you ARE judgmental...es hora de crecer, Ascension.    Homeland? Sunny's grandmother (her mother too???) is from Puerto Rico, but if Sunny was born in New York and raised in the Bronx, the USofA is her homeland.

Edited by Former Nun
  • Love 5
59 minutes ago, Wings said:

Yes there is a difference but I don't get why it matters.  Anyone doing anything for PR has my stamp of approval and applause. 

I agree!  Bethenny set up and coordinated HUGE donations from corporations and wealthy individuals in the way of cash, planes, services and goods, perhaps she had to make a little promise to some of them that there would be TV coverage.  I watched the shows and there was SO MUCH MORE information that focused on everything but Bethenny..  The show featured the dire needs of the people, the island THE PEOPLE themselves, the devastation, and warehouses full of goods.  I didn't get anything like an "all about me and my foundation" on the coverage.   If others did, so what?  Who cares?

SoWhat.gif.5a9da68f124cc3c331e4dc6144d383b2.gif

• Love 13
2 hours ago, WarnerCL45 said:

It's possible - seems to be American sizing.  Apparently, Ashley Graham is a 14, also.  I would say more of a size 16 in Canadian sizes.

Hey, hey, hey!   It ain't American sizing either.   Maybe someone should set up a View video segment (like THAT will happen) where both Size 14s are followed into Target.  They have some cute things...and they have Plus sizes (in case there's an emergency during the segment).  Let's see each of them try on a Size 14 in real sizing (and it can't be robes or muu muus).  And WTF does the number matter anyway?  I'm fat and declaring that I wear a smaller size doesn't make me look any different.  

• Love 6
14 minutes ago, Former Nun said:

I appreciate "staunch views," but you ARE judgmental...es hora de crecer, Ascension.    Homeland? Sunny's grandmother (her mother too???) is from Puerto Rico, but if Sunny was born in New York and raised in the Bronx, the USofA is her homeland.

She was born here , but, has bonded with her family's island. I have had cousins who were born here who has spent summers back in my native land and are very attached to it. They are more attached to it than me, who was actually born over there.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, blondiec0332 said:

Does Bethany have a connection to PR?  When a celebrity is involved in a charity and has a pet cause if there is a personal reason why I believe the concern is genuine.  I can't remember which cohost said a lot of people get involved or give money just to get a seat on a board or something.  

I read a book about high society NY (I can't remember the name.  Might have been Primates of Park Avenue) and the author had a character who made up charities just so they could plan fancy parties.  

The connection could be we're all US Citizens.  She already has a foundation called B Strong, so she doesn't need a seat on that board. I don't care what her motives were/are. she actually went there, was out in the trenches and she gave  out hundreds of thousands of dollars.  What has Sunny done (I'm asking Sunny, not you:) )  Sunny needs to take a seat and if someone wants to help the land her family is from, she really needs to STFU oh, and make sure where you rent next summer isn't near the properties Bethnney owns. 

• Love 8
(edited)
4 minutes ago, Former Nun said:

I agree.  I just had an issue with "homeland."

I understand.  One of my cousins who was born here, considers my native land, her homeland. In fact, she wants to be buried over there, when she dies.  I told her that it was not that serious, apparently, it is to her. 

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 1

okay I just spit on my new t.v., she said she is a size 14....I knew it was coming, but damn girl. God, she is mentally ill. me me me me me me me that's all I have heard for 15 minutes from that twit. 

• Love 3

I think MM may have had a clothing item or two that were size 14s in her closet of late, but I highly doubt that 14 is her regular size now. 

Her tops have to be an XL (16-18-20)  because of her boob size.  She looks like she is growing into an apple shape.  Her profile in the chair shows quite a bit of back behind her arm, so she is definitely struggling with her weight.

MM looked very spanxed tight in her wedding dress, like she was holding her stomach in mightily, in every picture.  Not comfortable.

Plus she wears the very high heels, with her slacks lengthened to lengthen the leg line, which is supposed to be slimming. 

MM's  discomfort has to definitely add fuel to her scowling visage.  

• Love 2
18 minutes ago, Tosia said:

I think MM may have had a clothing item or two that were size 14s in her closet of late, but I highly doubt that 14 is her regular size now. 

Her tops have to be an XL (16-18-20)  because of her boob size.  She looks like she is growing into an apple shape.  Her profile in the chair shows quite a bit of back behind her arm, so she is definitely struggling with her weight.

MM looked very spanxed tight in her wedding dress, like she was holding her stomach in mightily, in every picture.  Not comfortable.

Plus she wears the very high heels, with her slacks lengthened to lengthen the leg line, which is supposed to be slimming. 

MM's  discomfort has to definitely add fuel to her scowling visage.  

Now there's a statement I can get behind ... LOL!!!

• Love 3

As a 195 lb. over-weight woman, I'm certainly not pointing fingers!!  I think the "discussion" has been about what constitutes a size 14 &, in my opinion, Meggie is not a 14.  That's it!!  Your body/my body/her body ... it is what it is & no fat-shaming here.

• Love 4
(edited)
3 hours ago, Medicine Crow said:

I don't follow her on Twitter or have Instagram but she pops up on my FB and got a glance at the time she put in and it seemed exhausting physically and Emotionally and she formed the charity with people she didn't know from the ground up and hustled, so Sunny take a seat . She saw devastation and was moved to really do something   Andy Cohen provided first plane ( don't like him but good for him)   Sorry Erica spending 40 thousand a month on glamour isn't "art" in my limited opinion. . Empty vessel like your new best friend which is it she hates Hollywood or loves it ? 

Edited by athousandclowns
Typo
  • Love 6

I must say I wish I had the lighting people from the view would follow me around all day. The women really do look great with whatever lighting tricks they do. Sarah, a pretty woman regardless of lighting, looked flawless today and joy and sunny look years younger. 

• Love 1
(edited)
19 minutes ago, blondiec0332 said:

Regardless what size clothes Meghan wears the problem is most of her clothes don't flatter her.

I don't think wearing your grandma's draperies flatter anyone.

Screenshot_20180518-180927.jpg

Edited by ChiCricket
  • Love 9

Loved the show today.  Glad to have fun Fridays back again.  Alyssa was a surprisingly good co-host.  I would have loved to hear her comments about Rose McGowan's criticism of her and also how she feels about the new Charmed remake.   

• Love 2
52 minutes ago, blondiec0332 said:

Regardless what size clothes Meghan wears the problem is most of her clothes don't flatter her.

I should have commented on the day she wore the gray (grey?) t-shirt with a longer white t-shirt beneath it.  She wore some black bottom that fit like leggings.   I thought that was one of her best and flattering outfits.    ALYSSA:  She seems to have lost a LOT of weight and grown her hair longer.

• Love 2
2 hours ago, athousandclowns said:

I don't follow her on Twitter or have Instagram but she pops up on my FB and got a glance at the time she put in and it seemed exhausting physically and Emotionally and she formed the charity with people she didn't know from the ground up and hustled, so Sunny take a seat . She saw devastation and was moved to really do something   Andy Cohen provided first plane ( don't like him but good for him)

I don't follow Bethenny on social media, but I DO watch the Housewives show.  I'd bet there's enough footage of the Puerto Rico trip (Bethenny's second...at least) to put together a good hour-long presentation.  Sunny humble-bragged her way through her "expert" and unfounded opinion on Bethenny's motives.  I am going to write a letter to Sunny and copy Bethenny and producers on The View and RHONY.  If Sunny would watch only 5-10 minutes of the show featuring the work Bethenny's crew did in PR, she might be moved to offer a sincere apology to Bethenny and everyone connected to the endeavor...on television!  There are plenty of Bethenny quirks to complain about, but complaining about her for this?  Unconscionable!

• Love 7
4 hours ago, TV Diva Queen said:

The connection could be we're all US Citizens.  She already has a foundation called B Strong, so she doesn't need a seat on that board. I don't care what her motives were/are. she actually went there, was out in the trenches and she gave  out hundreds of thousands of dollars.  What has Sunny done (I'm asking Sunny, not you:) )  Sunny needs to take a seat and if someone wants to help the land her family is from, she really needs to STFU oh, and make sure where you rent next summer isn't near the properties Bethnney owns. 

Yes, if it had been anyone but Beth, Sunny would be praising them.  Beth went to Puerto Rico several times. And only once were the Bravo cameras there.  She also helped the people of Houston.  I doubt Sunny even saw the footage of Beth in PR.  Those people were so grateful.  It made my eyes sprinkle.

2 hours ago, athousandclowns said:

I don't follow her on Twitter or have Instagram but she pops up on my FB and got a glance at the time she put in and it seemed exhausting physically and Emotionally and she formed the charity with people she didn't know from the ground up and hustled, so Sunny take a seat . She saw devastation and was moved to really do something   Andy Cohen provided first plane ( don't like him but good for him)   Sorry Erica spending 40 thousand a month on glamour isn't "art" in my limited opinion. . Empty vessel like your new best friend which is it she hates Hollywood or loves it ? 

Can't stand Erica , who moved across the country, leaving her young son behind, to pursue her career in Hollywood.  Also, she grew up in Georgia and this is the first I heard she grew up in the theater.  Don't believe it.  Figures MM would be her fan.  I ff'd through most of her interview.  Also, caught the diss of Joy, Sarah and Sunny.  Lack of time.  Bull shit.

55 minutes ago, ChiCricket said:

I don't think wearing your grandma's draperies flatter anyone.

Screenshot_20180518-180927.jpg

I just saw it in the window and had to have it.

• Love 8
41 minutes ago, Former Nun said:

I should have commented on the day she wore the gray (grey?) t-shirt with a longer white t-shirt beneath it.  

I thought I was the only person who spelled it gray instead of grey!

(Now I had to Google it.)

'Grey and gray are both accepted in the English language.  However, gray is the more popular spelling in the US, while grey reigns supreme in the UK." ?

• Love 3
9 hours ago, blondiec0332 said:

Did Meghan say the dresses are "arbitrarily gorgeous"?  So they are randomly gorgeous?  WTF?

She needs to have a dictionary added to her blue notes on the table. She tries to insert a new long word every day, usually in the wrong way.

I was very impressed with Alyssa and her comments about mental illness.

That Erika lady? Yikes! It figures that MM would adore her along with Snooky and the Jersey Shore gang. I've never seen her more excited than when she has been around these people.

• Love 4
17 minutes ago, Kenz said:

That Erika lady? Yikes! It figures that MM would adore her along with Snooky and the Jersey Shore gang. I've never seen her more excited than when she has been around these people.

If I may paraphrase, you are known by the company you want to keep.

• Love 5
53 minutes ago, Kenz said:

She needs to have a dictionary added to her blue notes on the table. She tries to insert a new long word every day, usually in the wrong way.

I was very impressed with Alyssa and her comments about mental illness.

And MM has gone on Twitter stating Teddi is one of the most boring of housewives... and was claiming they were feuding.  Yet other people tell me Teddi hasn't taken the bait which drives MM crazy.

• Love 6

I have to say that I'm getting tired of hearing "I have to say". Meghan may be trying to show a "nice" side, but she still rambles on and on, and I hate listening to her ramblings.

• Love 9

That video explains why Sunny can’t give Bethenny credit for her good deeds.  And, while I agree your kids naps are not my problem, Bethenny is on a reality show that chronicles her life, being charitable in Puerto Rico is what Bethenny was doing. She also brought Puerto Rico front and center to remind everyone who watches the show that the people there still need help, and, Bethenny was extremely generous with her time and resources.  So, I’m not understanding why Sunny, who gets teary eyed discussing how Puerto Rico has been forgotten is so critical of someone who hasn’t forgotten.  IMO, you’re being petty, Sunny!

• Love 8
(edited)
1 hour ago, blondiec0332 said:

If I may paraphrase, you are known by the company you want to keep.

Erika is an extreme bitch on RHOBH.   Meg had stars in her eyes when Erika wanted to take her to Vegas.  She wants to be in any in crowd and she loves the housewife franchise.  The real housewives of Phoenix, oh please no. 

Edited by Wings
  • Love 7

On a shallow note, Paula looked very pretty on the remote from England.  I liked the print she had on. She wore the same thing earlier on Good Morning America.  I hope she gives Joy that ring, since I'm peeved with Sunny today.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, junebug said:

I have to say that I'm getting tired of hearing "I have to say". Meghan may be trying to show a "nice" side, but she still rambles on and on, and I hate listening to her ramblings.

Every time she says this, I tell my TV,"No, she doesn't"!

• Love 3
3 hours ago, blondiec0332 said:

That would explain Sunny's disdain for Bethany.  Although if someone had went after my kid I would probably feel the same way.  But it did happen a couple years ago and Sunny did say she was apologetic afterwards. 

Oh, but it is so bad, because Sunny didn't let it go today and engaged with Bethenney  on twitter.  She looks dumb.

• Love 3
(edited)

Jesus said in the Sermon on the Mount that his followers should do good deeds, but shouldn't do them for the purpose of being admired. I wonder if this is part of Sunny's distaste for Bethenny's charitable works being so well- and self-publicized. Of everyone on the panel, Sunny seems to take her religion the most seriously.

OTOH, I don't get making a big deal about it. There's definitely something else going on there.

I thought Alyssa Milano looked adorable. What a thoughtful and passionate person she has matured into.

Edited by ChicagoCita
  • Love 5