Type keyword(s) to search

S04.E05: Laura

• Start Topic

(edited)

I don't even understand why Laura/Naomi/Dharma/Jenna ran.  I guess just to avoid getting too attached when she might eventually lose him or something?   Does she really hate fish and Scrabble?   Or is she running just for the sake of running?      Unless she was running to find someone or something specific, it seems like she hit the jackpot in that scenario with John and was stupid to leave.     

Now she is going to end up with Madison and company.  Yikes!

Edited by TVFan17
  • Love 11

She didn't want to go to the stadium either I think?  Maybe she is running from something (the Vultures?) or is ashamed of something or is crazy.   Or all of the above.

• Love 6

Or maybe she just wasn't that into him and the thought of spending her days fishing, watching movies and eating popcorn until it ran out made her run.

• Love 2
25 minutes ago, raven said:

It was like a country music song.

Yeah. Almost a Hallmark channel movie. But I really like John Dorrie.

Wait; is that how its spelled? I never listen to him when he explains tge spelling of his name. Bugs me that its a ripoff of the Green Miles John Coffey.

And i hate it when they slip in real world pop references. Only kids and people with kids would know that reference to the fish. I dont pay any attention to that sh1t.

30 minutes ago, Christi said:

Why in the FUCK did she leave? This show is completely unbelievable.  There is nothing out there idiot, and what ever bullshit u are looking for, he would have helped u.

I hate shows that create drama and heartache for no reason.

Only reason can be that he was bad in bed.

29 minutes ago, TVFan17 said:

I don't even understand why Laura/Naomi/Dharma/Jenna ran.  I guess just to avoid getting too attached when she might eventually lose him or something?   Does she really hate fish and Scrabble?   Or is she running just for the sake of running?      Unless she was running to find someone or something specific, it seems like she hit the jackpot in that scenario with John and was stupid to leave.     

She said the fish was good, and I believed her.

• Love 6
27 minutes ago, raven said:

She didn't want to go to the stadium either I think?  Maybe she is running from something (the Vultures?) or is ashamed of something or is crazy.   Or all of the above.

She said she lost her child. Didnt say if they were dead. 

24 minutes ago, Christi said:

She left because he isnt a Scientologist?

No; thats how she got cast on the show.

• Love 2
12 minutes ago, For Cereals said:

What the hell else are you going to do?  He’s clean, likes Wethers and scrabble, can fish and shoot, and is tall and attractive.  I’d bet he’d totally help braid your hair.  Sign me up!

He would so help you braid youre hair. Im in, too. 

Ive never liked this actress. Her personality is grating to the max. So if theyre thinking of killing off Dickens and keeping her, because shes a more beloved actress or whatever, fuhuhuhck them. Im cutting the cord.  

I might actually cut the cord if they kill off Madison, period. Theres been a shirtload of misogyny thrown at both the character and the actress from day 1, and its complete bullsh1t.

• Love 8

Because this is a show (two shows, really, counting TWD) that goes to such extremes to accurately depict the undead, we  have come to expect general excellence in the special effects. So it is amazing that the first place they blew it, that the one thing they couldn't accurately fake, was... paddling a canoe.

When they first set up the river, John is paddling... BUT THE CANOE IS NOT MOVING. 

I never thought that scene would be the one in a show about zombies that reminds viewers "Oh yeah, this is all fake."

• Love 3

I enjoyed it, but I like Garret Dillahunt and his character.  I was able to tolerate Jenna Elfman.   And I would totally have stayed with that sweet man and watched movies.  I froze the screen and read his reviews of the films he "rented". 

I'm glad Morgan has a new friend and his name is John Dorie.  

• Love 15

The thing that I liked best about this episode, probably because GD did such an amazing job, was the loneliness of survival and how dangerous it can be.  John had a great home with everything he needed and he was surviving beautifully but he wasn't LIVING.  He started living when Laura arrived.  Having someone to care for and to share all the great things he had brought him back to life.  The possibility of losing that and going back to just surviving drove him a little crazy.  I understood why he fell in love with Laura (even though she was a real pill) after such a short time.  She brought him back to life. 

I love the interaction between GD and LJ.  Watching two amazing actors bouncing off each other is always a pleasure, even if the show is crap.  Morgan is the one character who can understand what loneliness can do.  There's another character on the mothership show (the one with the sword), played by another great actor who would probably be able to relate too.  It would have been nice to see that character and Morgan interact but I think tptb were afraid to put them together.  John didn't have to explain how or why he fell for Laura; Morgan KNEW. 

It's good to see Morgan caring about life again.  Morgan is a GOOD man and he's wonderful when he lets that good man out.  He and John are going to be a great team.

• Love 20
11 hours ago, Buttless said:

I might actually cut the cord if they kill off Madison, period. Theres been a shirtload of misogyny thrown at both the character and the actress from day 1, and its complete bullsh1t.

This. And this over again.

• Love 7

Table for one here, because I really liked the episode! It felt like movie quality and the backstory was very interesting. I love seeing actual survival and day to day accounting of what life is like. 

If I had to guess, I’d say “Laura” is searching for her lost kid, and that’s why she is emotionally distraught and wants to leave. Sadly, if she had confided her complete situation to John Dorie he would have probably gone with her to help her search- and would have made a great partner!! 

• Love 22
34 minutes ago, Juliegirlj said:

Table for one here, because I really liked the episode! It felt like movie quality and the backstory was very interesting. I love seeing actual survival and day to day accounting of what life is like. 

If I had to guess, I’d say “Laura” is searching for her lost kid, and that’s why she is emotionally distraught and wants to leave. Sadly, if she had confided her complete situation to John Dorie he would have probably gone with her to help her search- and would have made a great partner!! 

I actually liked this episode too. It made me fall even more for John's character. 

Also I feel like in a real survival situation you would be looking for the stability and safety Johns place had to offer. Why do they make characters leave? It makes no sense. Like Carol leaving. Alicia leaving. Morgan. I get there is a psychological aspect but how come no one can have an intelligent conversation with another human? Unless they tire of telling their story over and over? Why can't you say your name....if you need to leave because you are looking for someone...etc.?? 

• Love 10

I'm in the minority here as well. I loved this episode. I tried to watch this show initially, but really couldn't connect to the characters, and those I did like were killed off. I am really enjoying this season (more so than Walking Dead's past few seasons). I like the stand alone episodes in general and especially when introducing new characters. It's an opportunity to try and figure them out and connect to their story. Plus, I find the cinematography beautiful this season. In general I tend to extend grace to both shows because it's about a zombie apocalypse so I'm not going to nitpick the details. I did love that John Dorie was following the rules and signing out the videos each week. Makes me think he's letting anyone else who might stumble upon the store that there's another living person nearby. I'm wondering if Naomi/Laura's child she lost is the same girl with the Vultures.

• Love 16
15 hours ago, Buttless said:

Wait; is that how its spelled? I never listen to him when he explains tge spelling of his name. Bugs me that its a ripoff of the Green Miles John Coffey.

And i hate it when they slip in real world pop references. Only kids and people with kids would know that reference to the fish. I dont pay any attention to that sh1t.

from Wikipedia:

John Dory
Temporal range: Oligocene to Present[1]

John Dory, St Pierre or Peter's Fish, refers to fish of the genus Zeus, especially Zeus faber, of widespread distribution. It is an edible benthic coastal marine fish with a laterally compressed olive-yellow body which has a large dark spot, and long spines on the dorsal fin. The dark spot is used to flash an 'evil eye' if danger approaches. Its large eyes at the front of the head provide it with binocular vision and depth perception, which are important for predators. The John Dory’s eye spot on the side of its body also confuses prey, which are scooped up in its big mouth.

I liked the episode.  I liked that someone *finally* acknowledged that it was better not to use guns because the noise just attracts more of the walkers.  I liked them showing that someone could survive pretty easily in the right place with supplies not cleaned out.  He was fishing and raising chickens and probably had a garden.   She must still be looking for her child.

• Love 11

I really enjoyed this episode.  It made me think that there are probably more survivors than I would think because there are probably thousands of people who have a set-up similar to this.  I also liked that he dug a trench to catch/slow down any walkers that stumbled upon his home.  For the electricity I figured he had solar panels somewhere but I do wish they would have shown that.  I also liked that John honored any other survivors by not cleaning out the store.  Had I been Laura I would have been all "yep, found where I'm staying for the rest of the zombie apocalypse..."

I also liked that they separated out John and Morgan from the rest of the group and that they will continue on their journey.  

• Love 18
12 hours ago, icemiser69 said:

Where was he getting electricity from?

He has a wind turbine on the front of his house, you can see it when they are on the porch.

I very liked this episode,  no "marvel bad guys with guns" and no drama, it was all about living.  In fact, in all the places that TWD and FTWD showed in the past I would choose that location,  With a few more zombie proof protections and a better TV but yeah...  Cool for me.

• Love 16
5 hours ago, heisenberg said:

He has a wind turbine on the front of his house, you can see it when they are on the porch.

I very liked this episode,  no "marvel bad guys with guns" and no drama, it was all about living.  In fact, in all the places that TWD and FTWD showed in the past I would choose that location,  With a few more zombie proof protections and a better TV but yeah...  Cool for me.

I was happy that they took one episode to show someone living a pretty decent life. He kept the corner store in good place & treated Laura well.

I don't get how the place is so deserted of humans, yet 30 zombies show up out of nowhere.

• Love 7

I really liked this episode. I think John Dorie talks cartoonishly weird (par for the course with this universe) but if I washed up at his door like that, I would go straight for him in a heartbeat.

• Love 3
On 5/14/2018 at 10:35 AM, AnyTimeFromNow said:

This. And this over again.

No matter how I feel about the Madison character, Kim D 's a solid actress. And I am excited to watch a middleaged woman in an adventure series.  Why does she need to be overly motherly? Or hot enough for a 20 yr old guy to watch her? Shes compelling  just as much as Grimes is, and smarter on the uptake as he was. Growing up, I never saw middle aged women onscreen in anything but a movie of the week  sob story. Its refreshing to see  woman over 40 as a capable human being, And shes 54, right?  So I wouldnt put it past the PtB to decide she is past her prime, and for her have to demure with a fake story of, Oh it was getting too taxing on me physically and I wanted to get off the show, to save face.  While we still have Morgan and Dory and Negan And etc... all the silver foxes still strutting around, because no ones worried about 20 yr old women complaining how uneffable they are, even though they wouldnt sleep with any of them  IRL.

On 5/14/2018 at 11:18 AM, Juliegirlj said:

Yeah; thats why her character is a cheat, and not interesting as the bad writers on this show think. God they write such crap. It's like some loess than mediocre kid  who rushes his school assignment and is just hoping to get past with a C-. Who are these people? Are they there because of nepotism? When you have to contrive something thats out of the realm of what a person would do in reality, its cheap and only annoys people. having a sh!tty grating actress in the role, only makes it so much worse. Dillahunt deserved a better person to play off of.

• Love 3
On 5/14/2018 at 11:57 AM, MoodyGirl said:

I actually liked this episode too. It made me fall even more for John's character. 

Also I feel like in a real survival situation you would be looking for the stability and safety Johns place had to offer. Why do they make characters leave? It makes no sense. Like Carol leaving. Alicia leaving. Morgan. I get there is a psychological aspect but how come no one can have an intelligent conversation with another human? Unless they tire of telling their story over and over? Why can't you say your name....if you need to leave because you are looking for someone...etc.?? 

Its bad writing from people who dont even try to do their best.  Dillahunt was hitting most of his marks in this episode, and he had to play against a badly written and acted character.  She was fallin gin love with him by the time they were rowing to the gen store? Really? She went from silent to jokey to shrill and complaining so quickly. How many female writers do they have on this show too? Cause thats a caricature of a woman, not a real one.

On 5/14/2018 at 2:10 PM, meep.meep said:

from Wikipedia:

John Dory
Temporal range: Oligocene to Present[1]

John Dory, St Pierre or Peter's Fish, refers to fish of the genus Zeus, especially Zeus faber, of widespread distribution. It is an edible benthic coastal marine fish with a laterally compressed olive-yellow body which has a large dark spot, and long spines on the dorsal fin. The dark spot is used to flash an 'evil eye' if danger approaches. Its large eyes at the front of the head provide it with binocular vision and depth perception, which are important for predators. The John Dory’s eye spot on the side of its body also confuses prey, which are scooped up in its big mouth.

I liked the episode.  I liked that someone *finally* acknowledged that it was better not to use guns because the noise just attracts more of the walkers.  I liked them showing that someone could survive pretty easily in the right place with supplies not cleaned out.  He was fishing and raising chickens and probably had a garden.   She must still be looking for her child.

Lol!  I was thinking Nemo. Thanks! Stillm how many people know a dory is a fish?

13 hours ago, icemiser69 said:

I hadn't noticed it, thanks for pointing it out.

I liked this episode as well.  A moat with alligators would really solve the problem. 

Thats East Texas, and I cant wait ti see that! Can you imagine how big those alligators got, eating so much dead?

• Love 1

Posts have been removed for snarking/criticizing each other.  That is not okay; snarking and criticizing the show and its characters ARE okay.

As always, do NOT get into in-depth discussion about The Walking Dead here; those posts will be removed as well.

(edited)

I liked this episode and I can understand her leaving,she obviously had something she had to do ;really how attached do you want to get to people when everyone has lost so much and so many people....of course you would be wary of getting attached!

Edited by stacyasp
  • Love 3

This episode was all over the place. It was a really good one for John, who we learned a lot about, but not for Laura/Naomi. The actress is terrible. (It's a pity that they dumped Ofelia like they did because I feel like she and Alicia were the only two women on this show consistently bringing varied facial expressions.) Some moments her face wouldn't alter from some vague confusedly-amused smirk, and then in the next she'd be beaming for seemingly no reason. I can come up with a bunch of reasons as to why, if I have to, but I don't want to have to do the show's work for it. Really inconsistent. And while I get that these two could have a friendship/connection I just can't buy them as being in love. In love with what? They barely spoke to each other.

I didn't hate it? But so far this season is a mess and somehow in a less interesting way than last season. At least last season Madison stabbed someone in the eye with a spoon.

• Love 1

Everyone in a Zombie Apocalypse would have some degree of  PTSD. After losing nearly every single solitary person they have ever known and loved it seems inevitable that some people would close themselves off from companionship as a protective mechanism. No matter how comfortable Laura was while recuperating with John, if she was on a mission to find her child then it is logical she would continue on. Perhaps her newfound affection for John factored in to her not confiding in him - to protect him and not upend his somewhat peaceful existence. 

• Love 10

I am really enjoying this season and I stopped watching after season 1.  I love John Dorie.  Garrett Dillahunt is great.  I loved seeing his backstory and how he meet "Laura".   I hope she isn't dead and she doesn't turn out to be a jerk to him.  He is such a sweet guy.

• Love 1
On 5/16/2018 at 3:05 AM, Buttless said:

Shes compelling  just as much as Grimes is

I'll argue that she's more compelling.  I unpopularly like her non expressive stone-face, and since Madison once explained why she's so emotionless, I'll chalk her face up to how she's being directed, not poor acting.  I actually think she's quite good.

On 5/17/2018 at 9:38 AM, Juliegirlj said:

No matter how comfortable Laura was while recuperating with John, if she was on a mission to find her child then it is logical she would continue on.

I don't know if I missed it, but did the show explain how she got injured?

• Love 3

Playing a massive game of catch-up, but I loved this one a lot.  But then, I've always been okay with the occasional slower character episodes on either show as long as they well done and well acted while advancing something about the story.

The character of John Dorie in the hands of a lesser actor could very easily have been a simple manchild, and to be fair, even here he has moments he's coming perilously close to bumping up against it.  But he's such a good character and a fundamentally good person who's also been a very lonely one for probably some time.  The character's radiating honest painful loneliness is what improbably made his opening monologue at the beginning of the season work and what sells this episode.  Because otherwise, he's not making out too badly.  He was smart enough to dig himself a moat.  He's got a reasonably comfortable set up against the river with ready access to a food source.  He's even given himself some sense of routine and normalcy with the Tuesday trip to town, which is probably the real reason he hasn't cleaned out that little store yet.  If he does, sure, he's locked up a source of supplies, but what does he have to look forward to next Tuesday?  That loneliness is also what makes the romance with Naomi/Laura work.  Even if they're not telling their full stories just yet, they're each characters who have obviously known the trauma of loss in the ZA and know by now the difference between surviving and actually living and so it does happen that fast.  I'm still reserving some judgment on Naomi/Laura and I can only assume she legitimately did have something else to get to, particularly since I don't know yet when she says "I lost my child" if she means missing or dead.   I don't really have any strong feelings yet either way on the actress.

• Love 2
On 5/17/2018 at 9:38 AM, Juliegirlj said:

Everyone in a Zombie Apocalypse would have some degree of  PTSD. After losing nearly every single solitary person they have ever known and loved it seems inevitable that some people would close themselves off from companionship as a protective mechanism. No matter how comfortable Laura was while recuperating with John, if she was on a mission to find her child then it is logical she would continue on. Perhaps her newfound affection for John factored in to her not confiding in him - to protect him and not upend his somewhat peaceful existence. 

Precisely. I don't find her motivations particularly mysterious unless one finds Morgan's equally mysterious. Loss is such a dreary constant in the ZA world that I find a fear of attachment perfectly credible and understandable. And she broadcast early on that she was a runner.

I really enjoyed this episode -- a lot of good character building, a lot of interesting small details. It doesn't hurt that I like Jenna Elfman. I find her line delivery and body language natural and believable, unlike some other actors on this show. And who wouldn't want to be friends with John Dorie after watching this?

(edited)

I've watched both "The Walking Dead" and "Fear The Walking Dead" since they both premiered.

I love the John Dorie character and did not find the "Laura" episode dull at all. 

I found FTWD to be a rather dull show the first season or two (but forced myself to watch weekly anyhow), and the story-lines improved the last season or two, but Dorie is the first character on this show I like and want to see more of.

(I do kind of like the Strand character as well, though.)

In some regards, John Dorie reminds me of Daryl Dixon, in that he is so distinct from the other characters the way Daryl stands out from the rest of the characters on his show...

But, on the other hand, Dorie also reminds me of Rick Grimes in the early seasons of TWD: both were dudley- do- right, good guys who will help other people, and both are former cops.

Assuming Dorie survives the gun shot wound and stays on the show longer, I hope the show writers keep him the same. He's a decent, affable guy who is willing to help others, his quirks are amusing, and I'd like to see more of that.

I do NOT want or need to see Dorie take the same story arcs we've seen with TWD characters numerous times, where the characters either get severe guilt or P.T.S.D. from living in the apocalypse (with all the killing they've had to do), or they lose their humanity to become cold-blooded killers, and they act paranoid of everyone.

-We've seen all that several times over on TWD with Rick Grimes, Carol, and Morgan. 

I have been a big fan of both shows for a long while now, but, as a viewer, I get a little tired of the non-stop doom and gloom, and the characters turning jaded or cynical.

It's such a nice change of pace to see a character - like Dorie - who is still a decent guy, has a sense of humor, and is willing to help others.

I so hope the show writers don't turn Dorie into a tortured soul character who becomes broken by non-stop killing in the apocalypse, and so he goes back to living in seclusion (in the way Carol did on TWD), or he becomes jaded and pessimistic all the time, or a "shoot first, ask questions later" type of guy (like Rick Grimes has become in later seasons of TWD).

Edited by DrNowsWeightScale
  • Love 1
(edited)
On 5/13/2018 at 9:14 PM, TVFan17 said:

I'm not totally sure why she ran, either, but this season was so filled with time jumps, I found myself confused at times at what happened when, and that added to my confusion, possibly.

In this episode, I think there's a point where she turns to Dorie on the couch and says, "I lost my child."

I understood that to mean her kid was already dead at that point, not that the kid was literally lost, and she was out looking for her lost kid.

John Dorie is a nice guy, has decent morals, is self sufficient, and is doing OK on his own in the cabin. I was rather mystified that she left him, even though I realize she most likely going through stuff (like grief over a deceased child). 

I'm not clear why she was in a sure fire hurry to leave him - as though she was on a mission to return somewhere, but what?

Maybe she did have a goal in mind, but as I said, with all the time jumping in this season, it was hard for me to keep track of what character did what and when, and hence, why.

After watching the original series, TWD, from episode one, I can tell you that Laura / Naomi / June was damn lucky to have washed up in Dorie's front yard, rather than to have been found by someone or groups such as Negan, the Termites, etc. 

By the way, though she revealed her name to be "June," and she told Madison it was "Naomi," I still think of her in terms of "Laura" for some reason.

On 5/13/2018 at 9:40 PM, Buttless said:

There is a species of fish called John Dory.  

The TV show character was not referring to the blue cartoon fish "Dory" in the film "Finding Nemo."

The character on the show is letting people know his name is pronounced the same as the fish, but has a different spelling: "Dorie" rather than "Dory."

More on John Dory fish on Wikipedia.

John Dory, St Pierre or Peter's Fish, refers to fish of the genus Zeus, especially Zeus faber, of widespread distribution. It is an edible benthic coastal marine fish with a laterally compressed olive-yellow body which has a large dark spot, and long spines on the dorsal fin.

On 5/13/2018 at 10:34 PM, Lakebum said:

Because this is a show (two shows, really, counting TWD) that goes to such extremes to accurately depict the undead, we  have come to expect general excellence in the special effects. So it is amazing that the first place they blew it, that the one thing they couldn't accurately fake, was... paddling a canoe.

When they first set up the river, John is paddling... BUT THE CANOE IS NOT MOVING. 

I never thought that scene would be the one in a show about zombies that reminds viewers "Oh yeah, this is all fake."

Are you sure? When this show airs in repeat, I'll watch again and pay closer attention, but I could've sworn the background goes by as he's paddling, which would suggest that the canoe is moving. 

Why on earth would a TV show fake something like that? I can't imagine it would be difficult to film two people in a canoe going down a river.

On 5/14/2018 at 7:20 AM, Josette said:

I enjoyed it, but I like Garret Dillahunt and his character.  I was able to tolerate Jenna Elfman.   And I would totally have stayed with that sweet man and watched movies.  I froze the screen and read his reviews of the films he "rented". 

I'm glad Morgan has a new friend and his name is John Dorie.  

You mean in the scene where they went to the store, and he went to the video rental section, he had given reviews of the movies on that sign out sheet thing? For real? If so, that is too funny.

I love the Dorie character too, and I could see he felt affectionate towards "Laura" (aka "June"), but I did not sense any of that from her towards him.

I believed it on his part, but not so much on hers - whether that was due to the script, or how the actress was playing it, or some combination of both, I don't know.

Yes, she ends up kissing him after he tells her he loves her, and she "makes the whole world feel alive," but while her kiss of him did have some chemistry and it "felt real" (to me, anyhow), there was nothing that led up to the kiss, or not much, that led me to believe she had feelings for him, or was into him.

She was rather stand-off-ish towards him the entire episode, as a matter of fact. I never would've thought she would like him back (as a romantic interest). So that was rather odd. I saw no indication she would fall for him.

• Love 1
(edited)
On 5/14/2018 at 11:01 AM, icemiser69 said:

Where was he getting electricity from? 

I guess they had to settle for the singing mounted fish.  I was hoping that John would find a Mr. Microphone somewhere, or that he would be using a Pocket Fisherman.

Maybe he had solar panels or a generator?

I think the survivors at Alexandria had solar panels for power, or Eugene was going to fix them so that they worked again.

Edit. Someone later in the thread said he had a wind turbine by his cabin (which I had forgotten about)

(edited)
On 5/15/2018 at 5:52 AM, oakville said:

I don't get how the place is so deserted of humans, yet 30 zombies show up out of nowhere.

They were former customers who rented videos at the store John Dorie visited, and they were out for more movies.

(Kidding.)

• Love 1
(edited)
On 5/16/2018 at 2:14 AM, Buttless said:

Its bad writing from people who dont even try to do their best.  Dillahunt was hitting most of his marks in this episode, and he had to play against a badly written and acted character.  She was falling in love with him by the time they were rowing to the gen store? Really? She went from silent to jokey to shrill and complaining so quickly. How many female writers do they have on this show too? Cause thats a caricature of a woman, not a real one.

There was definitely something "off" or missing with the Laura character in this particular episode, something I mentioned above in another post.

I could totally see and buy Dorie falling for her - in part because I knew she was his first human contact in a year or more - but also how the actor carried his lines, his body language around her, etc etc - but she was rather stand off-ish and borderline rude to him through out much of the show.

She seemed to spend the majority of the show finding him a little annoying or weird.

I think their relationship should have been handled or written differently, had the show writers wanted us to believe them as a couple.

I know she had her issues going on (missing her kid, etc), but I did not feel or see an organic out-working of her falling for Dorie in the episode.

The kiss she gave him towards the end seemed real in the moment but out of place, or un-expected, in the overall course of the show or their relationship.

I'm not entirely clear how long she was with  him in the cabin - was it a couple of weeks or a month or??? Doesn't seem like enough time went by for them to really fall for each other - well, with him, perhaps, since he's been alone for over a year.

• Love 1