Type keyword(s) to search

The Passage - General Discussion

• Start Topic

4 minutes ago, DC Gal in VA said:

IMDB shows...

IMDB is notoriously inaccurate and frequently does not list upcoming episode credits for various actors (even if the episode is already filmed, like tonight's). And they wouldn't be listing any episodes for next season since next season doesn't exist yet. 

• Love 2
1 hour ago, dargosmydaddy said:

IMDB is notoriously inaccurate and frequently does not list upcoming episode credits for various actors (even if the episode is already filmed, like tonight's). And they wouldn't be listing any episodes for next season since next season doesn't exist yet. 

Ah, yes, I already knew that which is why I said either ....  or, just be clear, but thanks anyway.

• Love 1

Brad getting bitten and Amy going all vampire was not what I expected at all. She fell straight into Fanning's trap. She is still the bravest little girl in the world! I liked her braids, but how did she get them? The scene of her feeding Fanning her blood was creepy as hell, but it is good to know that she can control him with her blood.

I loved Amy with her new family in the cabin in the woods although it all went wrong. I don't think that Brad or Amy will ever see Lila again. I loved Brad training and preparing Amy and braiding her hair. Everything that he told her now will help her survive when the time comes for her to be without him.

I cracked up at the guy complaining that he "thought they only moved at night, why don't these blood suckers stick to the rules." 

Redemption for Sykes! Sacrificing herself to save the cure and Lila. So much for Ricards loving Nicole although it is probably not fair to expect him to choose death. At least, he is keeping Babcock under control and is stopping her from wrecking hell on the world, but having sex with her is gross.

Oh Carter, I hated seeing him give into Fanning's control and blood lust. At least, he tried to stop it by getting Amy to blow the vials up.

Way to go, Lacey. Just like me, she didn't appreciate Lear feeling sorry for himself after the mess he created. 

Should have listened to the locals and Fanning and kill him, Lear. So after the damage that he did, Lear now realizes that he set in motion the end of the world as we know it.

As for Guilder, he is such an asshole. Now he is all about destroying the virals.

FOX must have given this show the smallest budget in the world. Rather than reshoot the escape scenes, they were sliced and re-joined at least 10 times, if not more.

I really hope we get another season. Great show.

Edited by SimoneS
  • Love 11

Does taking the cure make them live forever too? Why would Amy think Brad's still alive 97 years later? If that's the case then Lila could still be alive too. 

I figured Amy would feed eventually once they showed her not being able to eat regular food. Shawna also seems to be able to control herself. So the other virals are just being assholes and eating people for fun. I'm wondering if Fanning is making himself King of virals since he's patient Zero, the other 10 could do that too.  

I hope we get a season 2, because this show is like the Walking Dead with vampires. Which is 100x scarier and more dangerous than zombies since they are intelligent, stronger, move faster and can get inside your head.  Although you'd think they want to keep humans alive to produce more humans to keep their food source going. I guess Fanning isn't that smart. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 10
9 minutes ago, Sakura12 said:

Does taking the cure make them live forever too? Why would Amy think Brad's still alive 97 years later? If that's the case then Lila could still be alive too. 

I was wondering about that, why would she think he is still alive? And did she give him the cure or did she do whatever Babcock did to the guy who's name I can't remember. I was not understanding why he didn't have to follow the same rules as Babcock.

I also didn't get why Lila and Brad were waiting for the CDC. Why not call everyone involved to say where they were? But obviously, they couldn't save anyone since they needed to get to the post-apocalypse future. Pretty scary how fast the entire world could end.

I really hope we get a second season. 

Edited by KaveDweller
  • Love 8
1 hour ago, SimoneS said:

Brad getting bitten and Amy going all vampire was not what I expected at all. She fell straight into Fanning's trap. She is still the bravest little girl in the world! I liked her braids, but how did she get them? The scene of her feeding Fanning her blood was creepy as hell, but it is good to know that she can control him with her blood.

I loved Amy with her new family in the cabin in the woods although it all went wrong. I don't think that Brad or Amy will ever see Lila again. I loved Brad training and preparing Amy and braiding her hair. Everything that he told her now will help her survive when the time comes for her to be without him.

I cracked up at the guy complaining that he "thought they only moved at night, why don't these blood suckers still to the rules." 

Redemption for Sykes! Sacrificing herself to save the cure and Lila. So much for Ricards loving Nicole although it is probably not fair to expect him to choose death. At least, he is keeping Babcock under control and is stopping her from wrecking hell on the world, but having sex with her is gross.

Oh Carter, I hated seeing him give into Fanning's control and blood lust. At least, tried to stop it by getting Amy to blow the vials up.

Way to go, Lacey. Just like me, she didn't appreciate Lear feeling sorry for himself after the mess he created. 

Should have listened to the locals and Fanning and kill him, Lear. So after the damage that he did, Lear now realizes that he set in motion the end of the world as we know it.

As for Guilder, he is such an asshole. Now he is all about destroying the virals.

FOX must have given this show the smallest budget in the world. Rather than reshoot the escape scenes, they were sliced and re-joined at least 10 times, if not more.

I really hope we get another season. Great show.

So much I want to say about how astounding this season finale was but, as usual, my head is always left spinning because of the excellent acting and writing, and especially, the pacing of this show. Just wanted to say that you are truly amazing SimoneS in recapping the highlights of this episode.

One of the best lines of the night: Agent Brad to Amy during their escape attempt from the facility when Amy is afraid that she's a liability (paraphrasing) "Amy, do you have any desire to drink my blood? I mean really, not even deep down?" and Amy shakes her head furiously to indicate "No!" Brad then says "Well, c'mon then." Fantastic.

Edited by DC Gal in VA
Typo.
  • Love 10

Amy made it to Palm Desert! 

That was a two hour roller coaster and I want more right now.  My brain is juggling so many thoughts but I want to say that her closing voiceover was perfect.  Saving Brad, leaving him behind, seeing the rest of the world fire their nukes at us in an attempt to stop the virals, and killing one outside of the compound in Palm Desert all set to that music was so moving.  It was right in line with Cronin's prose which moved me to tears many times. 

I am surprised that they chose to do the time in Oregon and the time jump to close the season.  I was sure they'd stretch it all out and have that be the backdrop for season 2 with the time jump being the start of season 3.  On the other hand, they made sure to put the major players in place for the next phase of the story so why not close the season with the time jump?  They're already willing to do flashbacks when it suits the story so they'll probably just keep doing that if/when they want to reference something that's happened in the 97 years since Telluride. 

This show is filled with badasses.  The bravest thing Lila could have done was leave to try and help others.  The CDC is gone, so she's got her work cut out for her, but she could have easily stayed in Oregon and ignored what was happening.  Lacey made her way to Telluride, helped Amy escape, killed any rising virals, and won't let Lear kill himself because he's got a shit ton of more work to do and doesn't get to die yet.  Amy is the biggest badass of them all.  It shouldn't be on her to save the world but it is and she's taking the steps she needs to get it done. 

"They went home."  I love that line so much.  The virals escaped and they all went home.  It's a play on the vampire lore that they need to sleep in a coffin that contains soil from their homeland but it's so much more than that at the same time.  Love love love. 

• Love 10

Did anyone--those here who are old enough like me, hee hee--get vibes from the movie Aliens when they figured out that the virals/vampires were using the air ducts? That whole scene with them looking up at the ceiling in horror and the immediate shooting our way outta here action sequence seemed to be paying homage to that film.

• Love 13
39 minutes ago, Sakura12 said:

I figured Amy would feed eventually once they showed her not being able to eat regular food. Shawna also seems to be able to control herself. So the other virals are just being assholes and eating people for fun. I'm wondering if Fanning is making himself King of virals since he's patient Zero, the other 10 could do that too.  

The cure is made from Amy's blood, which will allow her to live forever/a long time, so it stands to reason that Brad, Lila, and Lear are still around.  Also, Amy can sense the other vampires and her emotional connection to Brad pretty much guarantees that she'd know if he died.  I'm assuming she would feel Lila as well, though that connection isn't as strong. 

39 minutes ago, Sakura12 said:

figured Amy would feed eventually once they showed her not being able to eat regular food. Shawna also seems to be able to control herself. So the other virals are just being assholes and eating people for fun. I'm wondering if Fanning is making himself King of virals since he's patient Zero, the other 10 could do that too.   

Other than Zero, Babcock, Amy, and Carter, the vampires chosen actually deserved their Death Row sentences.  They were all murderers and some were serial killers.  Babcock mentions that Martinez came to Vegas (staff meeting?) and went wild.  Plus Zero's plan involved the Twelve going crazy feeding on people as they worked their way home. 

44 minutes ago, Sakura12 said:

I guess Fanning isn't that smart. 

Heh, he let the power go to his head.  Should have let the scientist have some control rather than the vampire.

• Love 3
17 minutes ago, SimoneS said:

The question is how can Amy kill Fanning and the other virals without killing herself.

She was infected with Fanning's blood, so it seems like she should be able to kill other virals without dying, just not Fanning. 

• Love 5
7 minutes ago, KaveDweller said:

She was infected with Fanning's blood, so it seems like she should be able to kill other virals without dying, just not Fanning. 

Then the question is: How can Amy kill Fanning without killing herself? As long as Fanning is alive humans are doomed and unlikely to reestablish their society.

• Love 2

I kind of hated the finale. You mean they shot all those bullets into all those "virals", even blew them up and they didn't kill a single one? I makes you wonder how they managed to kill Winston. I thought Carter would have a little self control and he was just as bad as all the rest. Who would have thought that Babcock would be the only "viral" you could reason with.

By the season finale, Amy is already taller than Emmanuelle Chriqui, so by the time they start filming Season 2, Amy will look old enough to play an adult.

• Love 2

Guilder: We're not bringing [Amy]. We don't know what she is yet.
Brad: We do know what she is. She's Amy.

Brad: Do you want to drink my blood? Deep down inside, even a little?
Amy: No!
Brad: Then we're good.

Lacey: My name is Lacey Antoine and I'm here to tell you - you don't get to die today. Dying is for the innocent. You have work to do.

Clark: Guilder, I will rip that mustache off your face and feed it to you if you say another word.

Jonas: What are you doing here, Tim? Are you lonely? The brilliant neuroscientist doesn't have all that much to say to his pack of degenerate murderers, does he?

Amy: Can you quit staring at me?
Brad: How about you stop noticing me staring at you?

• Love 11

I spent half the episode pretending that I was Eliza Hamilton singing, "Stay aliiiiiiiiiiive!" Every time someone showed up on my screen (like Lacey), I was worried they were going to be killed.

When the military guy said that they had to reboot the system, I was waiting for a Jurassic Park-esque "hold on to your butts!"

I liked the pointed difference between Jonas being unable to let Fanning go versus Brad respecting Lila's choice to leave.

Although Amy fell right into Fanning's trap to get her to kill, I couldn't blame her for wanting to save Brad. He showed her unconditional love and support so of course she didn't want to see him die when she could save him (even if that meant killing the neighbors).

• Love 4

Well done, show!  I've been curious since day 1 as to how the season would end.  Would they make it to the time jump?  Would viewers freak out?  I'm so glad we got there without any of the non Brad/Amy scenes feeling like filler.  It was great (?) to see how the world was ending while Brad and Amy were holed up in a relatively safe corner of the country.

Not a story spoiler at all, but a comment about how far the show got: 

Spoiler

This is only half way through the first book.

Amy:  How do I look?

Brad:  Like a badass.

And she certainly did!  How much she had grown was really apparent with the flashbacks to episode 1.  The time jump will cover the fact she's grown like a weed teenager.

Hello, Big Tom from Lost!  Goodbye, Big Tom from Lost!

• Love 9
9 minutes ago, Haleth said:

How much she had grown was really apparent with the flashbacks to episode 1.  The time jump will cover the fact she's grown like a weed teenager.

Agreed. I wonder how it took to film last season because Saniyya grew like a weed and you could really see how much when they showed in those flashbacks. By next season (fingers crossed), she will definitely look like a teenager so the time jump was definitely a good thing.

Edited by SimoneS
  • Love 3

The pilot was filmed in the summer of 2017. The second episode was filmed a year later. Kids can grow a lot in a year. Amy's going to have to be a special viral that still ages and grows. 

We need a season 2 because I want to see what happened to all of them. Who is still alive 97 years later. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 2

That was two great hours of TV. We got the dramatic equivalent of four season finales. Amy initiates the Elizabeth Protocol (Fanning was right, that's a creepy name). The virals escape from PN despite the Protocol. (Pro security tip, never build air ducts big enough for people to crawl through). Amy watches the nuclear response and then the last flash forward. 

I think one of the things that makes the show so good is that, despite the extraordinary circumstances, the interactions are so human. The Richards/Babcock argument was so compelling because it felt like a very  real, personal break up even though they were arguing about immorality and the end of humanity. I also thought Brad's "I don't know what I am training you for" speech to Amy was great as well as Lacey's "You don't get to die today" to Lear . 

Interesting that Babcock is the viral struggling most with her fate. I thought it would be Carter.

Bleeding out Grey: " Why didn't they kill me?" Brad: walks right past him. That was cold.

21 hours ago, SimoneS said:

It does seem that once they are infected, even they are cured they can live for centuries. This means that we might see Lila and Lear again, but maybe not Lacey. I found the article below with the showrunner.

Lacey is an avenging Angel sent by the Lord . (How else do you explain her divinely timed appearance at PN?) I have no doubt about her survival. Even if we never see her again. 

Great music. The Velvet Underground's Oh Sweet Nothing playing during the phone call where Richards was admitting to Lear that everything was not OK was so appropriate. Because the song is about people who have nothing.

For such a grim premise, I think it's hilarious that they made Guilder's mustache a "thing" on the show.

Edited by xaxat
  • Love 10
1 hour ago, xaxat said:

Interesting that Babcock is the viral struggling most with her fate. I thought it would be Carter.

He needs something to do for season 2. Plus we saw Babcock expressing her doubts and frustrations to Sykes and Richards, her top choice candidates to be her Renfield. I’m curious how she’d have chosen between them had Sykes lived. They could only have one as she said. She appeared to Richards more but she took Sykes actions more personally. Sykes seemed to be getting through to her in the lab before Brad arrived as well. It probably would have been Richards anyway since Sykes was unlikely to consent to turn but it’s interesting to think about. 

• Love 2

This was a very good finale and a very good season in general. I was a bit disappointed with Carter. He didn't seem to resist even a tiny bit. I mean he came after Babcock so his version of the virus should have been even better than hers. He didn't even hesitated before biting Lila even though he looked at Amy scared face. He didn't stop feeding even though he must have been satiated at some point. He kept running around and biting everyone. Babcock had so much control and he seemed to have none. What a waste.

Brad, Lila, Richards and Lear are probably still alive and immune to the virus. I will be waiting for season 2.

• Love 2

Is Shawna younger than Anthony? If so that's why she has more humanity left and able to look more human. She's the reason they went for Amy. Plus she found people to connect with in Sykes and Richard's. I could also see Carter being mad at the injustice he was dealt and taking it out on everyone. 

That's why I need a season 2 I want to see what Shawna and Anthony are doing 97 years later.

Edited by Sakura12
  • Love 4

McKinley is older than Brianne and I have to think the actors were cast with their characters ages in mind.  Plus Babcock's flashback in Vegas presented her as you would an early twenty something so I think she killed her mother and stepfather when she was college aged.  She got the virus not long after that so she was still young enough to not have the extreme physical changes that hit Zero and the older virals.

I think Carter had trouble resisting for a few reasons.  Zero's control over him was strong enough that he was unable to just break away, especially when the whole hive was together.  Then there's the fact that he was just plain hungry.  We saw that they had the virals on a feeding schedule, they no doubt didn't get fed after Amy was brought to 4B during her turning, and several hours passed in total from her arrival to their breakout.  He was hungry and it overrode his desire not to hurt anyone.  Also, as mentioned above, Babcock had two Renfield candidates and was able to stay in enough control to not eat them so that she could gain one.  Carter will get his own Renfield, and I look forward to seeing that play out, but none of the Project Noah characters seemed to be candidates so he'd have nothing keeping his hunger in check like Babcock. 

The key point for me regarding Carter was his look of anguish during the viral feeding frenzy.  This is a viral that will actually feel remorse after feeding/killing/turning (take a lesson other vampire stories) and that plus his reality of his hunger will drive his story.  He no doubt regrets being from Houston instead of a small town in the middle of nowhere but it's not his fault they all go home.  Carter is already a great character and I'm excited to see what happens next for him.  Don't make MPG a liar Fox!

4 minutes ago, Rap541 said:

Is the book worth reading? I liked the show. 

I love it.  I started it again last night but I had enough sense to stop myself after the first couple of chapters.  When I first read it I was scared to sleep with the lights off, heh.  I didn't have that feeling the last couple of time I read it but there's no reason to take chances.  Like any adaptation, there are changes so keep that in mind.  Also remember that you'll be spoiling yourself for the show but if you aren't spoiler averse you'll be fine. 

• Love 2
51 minutes ago, Rap541 said:

I've downloaded it, and I'm going to read it after I'm done with the book I'm currently reading. As you probably know, it's a 3-book series and from what I've heard, the 1st book (The Passage) is very good, and then it loses it. I'll have to find out for myself. 

• Love 1
22 hours ago, Sakura12 said:

I think that must be the case, otherwise it makes no sense for Amy to even think he would be alive. I’m glad because I really like MPG asan actor and am happy he’d be back for season 2. 

12 hours ago, SimoneS said:

Agreed. I wonder how it took to film last season because Saniyya grew like a weed and you could really see how much when they showed in those flashbacks. By next season (fingers crossed), she will definitely look like a teenager so the time jump was definitely a good thing.

I guess they’ll have to hand wave that they age slower instead of not at all. 

4 hours ago, Sparger Springs said:

I fully expected 93 years later Amy to be a different actress.  The actress is not going to stay 10 forever. I guess we are just going to pretend she doesn't change.

Like Angel 😂😂

• LOL 2
  • Love 1

For whomever asked - with the right skills, you can braid your own hair. A rat tail comb and some hair grease is all the ingredients you need. I'm assuming she knew how to do it herself and she taught the agent.

• Useful 2
  • Love 2

Didn't realize it was a two hour finale, so that was a nice.  I'm glad they took some time showing how things progressed, especially if there is a big time jump next season.  They also took a few minutes to humanize Richards as he lay there paralyzed, and Fanning, in the flashback to him being scared before he turned, and wanting to die.

Sad to lose Sykes.  Glad the other characters have the potential to be around so far in the future.  I wonder what they tell others about themselves.  The relationships they set up in these episodes could be very interesting to explore.  I wonder if Fanning and Amy stay in touch during that time.  They are interesting together, but what a strange dialogue. 

The most surreal part of this episode to me was Fanning's response to Lear about the outbreak, "I don't know...why does anyone have kids?"

• Love 5

The two-hour finale was beautiful and heartbreaking, especially the last few scenes. I need a second season like right now, and I need it to start with Brad and Amy finding each other again. They are absolutely my favorite thing about this show (well, them and take-no-guff, on-a-mission-from-God Lacey), and I was so sad that she left after saving him and hasn’t seen him since. Come on Fox — I need to know that Brad and Amy are okay, even if it takes 97 years!

19 hours ago, ElectricBoogaloo said:

Clark: Guilder, I will rip that mustache off your face and feed it to you if you say another word.

Which was followed by Guilder almost immediately mouthing off another unhelpful question, and Clark just walking away, instead of ripping that mustache off like he had just promised! I was so disappointed.

I appreciated the way Nichole went out, and was hoping Clark would get a similar “redemption through death” treatment, but as soon as Shauna showed up over his broken body I knew that was not to be. (Ugh, Clark, you should know better by now!) Not into that pairing at all.

Edited by kickingnames
  • Love 3
13 hours ago, Rap541 said:

Definitely!  The first book is fantastic.  The second and third not so much but they are worth reading too because you'll fall in love with the characters.

8 hours ago, MisterGlass said:

The most surreal part of this episode to me was Fanning's response to Lear about the outbreak, "I don't know...why does anyone have kids?"

That made me chuckle.  Oh, Tim!

• Useful 1
  • Love 5
15 hours ago, Sparger Springs said:

I fully expected 93 years later Amy to be a different actress.  The actress is not going to stay 10 forever. I guess we are just going to pretend she doesn't change.

Going by the show only not the books b/c I haven't read them I think they could stick with the same actress using the logic of the viral blood and the so called cure keep her alive either forever (immortal) or for a much, much longer period than a normal lifespan so she will age but not as quickly as a normal human.  That way she could be "older" next season and, with luck, the following season and they could write it off as her hitting a vampire growth spurt.  Not sure if that logic would work for everyone but it would sound like a reasonable explanation to me.

14 hours ago, clyo22 said:

This was a very good finale and a very good season in general. I was a bit disappointed with Carter. He didn't seem to resist even a tiny bit. I mean he came after Babcock so his version of the virus should have been even better than hers. He didn't even hesitated before biting Lila even though he looked at Amy scared face. He didn't stop feeding even though he must have been satiated at some point. He kept running around and biting everyone. Babcock had so much control and he seemed to have none. What a waste.

Brad, Lila, Richards and Lear are probably still alive and immune to the virus. I will be waiting for season 2.

I agree about being disappointed with Carter going all in on the rampage, he did seem like he could come in second place to Amy in the controlling yourself department and he did come across as having some guilt about what he was doing but did it anyway.  That said I was missing one thing I'd love to have seen him do - go home and have the first person he goes after be Rachel's husband.  If he's going to kill everyone in has path anyway I'm not opposed to him dispensing a little poetic justice for the reason he was on death row in the first place.

Great finale, they went all out on the action in the first half and the ending was just closed enough that it could serve as the end of the series and we won't feel like we were left hanging.  But just open enough to lead into Season 2.  All info is the ratings were a little low for the last episode but I really hope Fox sticks with it and we get season 2 and beyond especially since the announced plan was to go only 3-4 seasons and not stretch out the material infinitely. 

• Love 3

I thought The Passage was ok.  I wouldn’t mind seeing a second season but I would be ok if it ends as well.  I honestly think Amy was the weakest character on the show so having a season revolve around an “aged” her doesn’t apeal to me at all.  I liked the finale and how the show just burned everything down.  

• Love 1
12 hours ago, Whimsy said:

I think that must be the case, otherwise it makes no sense for Amy to even think he would be alive. I’m glad because I really like MPG asan actor and am happy he’d be back for season 2. 

I guess they’ll have to hand wave that they age slower instead of not at all. 

Spoiler

Amy ages, just very slowly.  She ages about a year every 12 years, notwithstanding her one-time age jump.   (She looked to be about 90 by 1030AV as I recall)

1 hour ago, Haleth said:

Definitely!  The first book is fantastic.  The second and third not so much but they are worth reading too because you'll fall in love with the characters.

I liked parts of the second book, especially

Spoiler

the story of the Fall.   We've already covered the Project NOAH stuff, and its hard to do Lawrence's story since they changed Lila's.   The show just skipped over much of the aftermath though - but I guess they could jump back and cover Guilder, Lear and Wolgast's journey.

Edited by jcin617
  • Love 1

I was hoping to see Guilder bit (or did I miss that).

I'm sure they will just say Amy ages much slower than other vamps.  Even Babcock could age a little (if the show lasts that long).

I do like the idea that Brad and Lila will be back, because of the cure/Amy's blood. If Brad stayed alive, where did he go/what did he do?  Wouldn't he have left a note in case Amy ever came back to the cabin?  I suspect he would have tried to kill vamps, so he would have headed to one of the hotspots.

any Amy can turn the bloodlust on and off?  Is that what happens to Clark too?  But those that get Amy's blood are actually "cured" without bloodlust? But get the benefit of long life?  Can't wait to find out.

We really need a few more flashbacks next season, as things really jumped along quickly in the last episode.

they blew up 4B and all that did was let the vamps loose, and kill Sykes.  Good job guys!

Why would Brad/Lila believe the CDC would send a helicopter for them when they have no idea if anyone survived Project Noah?  And even if someone did, how would they know where Brad/Lila/Amy went?  

• Love 3

I think with Clark he did get a kind of cure, Shauna gave him some of her blood to save him, but not enough to turn him. He's immortal and forever tied to her. If she knew more about that power she could control him like Fanning did with the janitor. 

• Love 4
2 hours ago, Sakura12 said:

If she knew more about that power she could control him like Fanning did with the janitor. 

I think controlling someone also relies on that person being fairly weak-willed.  That doesn't mean the person isn't smart, like that scientist, but their will, their ability to resist, is weak.

• Love 1
20 hours ago, mertensia said:

Babcock and Richards is both creepy and sad. 

...aka, when you tie yourself forever to a man who you know is in love with another woman and you're actually surprised that you make each other miserable. It's another episode of Smart Women, Dumb Choices.

13 hours ago, MisterGlass said:

Sad to lose Sykes. 

Yep.

19 hours ago, clyo22 said:

I was a bit disappointed with Carter. He didn't seem to resist even a tiny bit. I mean he came after Babcock so his version of the virus should have been even better than hers. He didn't even hesitated before biting Lila even though he looked at Amy scared face. He didn't stop feeding even though he must have been satiated at some point. He kept running around and biting everyone. Babcock had so much control and he seemed to have none. What a waste.

You know, that part really didn't surprise me. It seemed in keeping with his backstory. In the flashbacks, Carter seemed like someone who was empathetic towards other people, but surprisingly gullible and easily manipulated when it came to his own life. When he was running around biting people, I was thinking that he's definitely a follower, not a leader.

On 3/11/2019 at 10:00 PM, SimoneS said:

Agreed. It made me love her all the more.

20 hours ago, mertensia said:

I love the interaction between Brad and Amy. Does Fox know how lucky they got with Saniyya Sidney? 

So much THIS. Brad and Amy were the heart of the show every step of the way.

In season 2, I hope the ending scenes and time jump turn out to be Amy's vision of the future rather than actual events. I've gleaned from comments that the whole lineup of characters basically changes in the book, but I'm not ready to leave most of these characters yet. I mean, TV is a very different medium from books.  I can't see them moving so hastily away from characters who have endeared themselves to their TV audience.  *shrugs*

• Love 5
13 minutes ago, Hanahope said:

I think controlling someone also relies on that person being fairly weak-willed.  That doesn't mean the person isn't smart, like that scientist, but their will, their ability to resist, is weak.

Although after having sex with her, I'm thinking his ability to resist has weakened. I wonder if he stayed with her for 97 years. I also hope we get some flashbacks to the present and not just stay in the future. 

• Love 3

Who's (possibly) alive in 97 years?   The 12, Lila, Brad, Lear, Clark
Who's (almost certainly) dead? Guilder (and his mustache), Lacey (boo!), Sykes (double boo!!!)

Anyone else?

4 hours ago, Hanahope said:

They blew up 4B and all that did was let the vamps loose, and kill Sykes.  Good job guys!

I know!!!!  I was about to recommend this show for having 2 black female leads, and one recurring but oh well!

• Love 1

Now that I think about it, we never saw Sykes' body.  For all we know, she was bitten and got temporarily trapped by the rubble.  once she turned and got her strength, she got out and went a vamping herself.  Maybe she'll show up again as a vamp.  :)

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
5 minutes ago, Hanahope said:

Now that I think about it, we never saw Sykes' body.  For all we know, she was bitten and got temporarily trapped by the rubble.  once she turned and got her strength, she got out and went a vamping herself.  Maybe she'll show up again as a vamp.  :)

We can hope -- and possibly recreated the cure so she doesn't have the bloodlust

• Love 1
35 minutes ago, Sakura12 said:

I was wondering if Nicole was still alive. Shauna said she went quick. How would she know unless she was there. Maybe she turned her. 

Clark and Sykes both turned by Babcock?  I smell THREESOME!!!

• LOL 7
  • Love 2