Type keyword(s) to search

The Passage - General Discussion

• Start Topic

21 minutes ago, CheezyXpressed said:

I don't know if Nicole believes that anymore, because she wanted Amy and Brad to break out in the last episode. It really seems like she's checked out of the project and just wants all of this to end.

She did try to help Brad and Amy break out in the last episode, but even then she had a side conversation with Brad directing him to take Amy to one of her colleagues whom she trusted to help Amy. That gave me the impression that she still had a little hope that her original goal could be accomplished, even if she was no longer directly involved -- but Amy's survival away from Project Noah is her only hope for that.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, SimoneS said:

Seriously? Amy is a scared 12 or 13 year child. Jeez. 

She's supposed to be only 10 on the show, isn't she? And yeah, she's had about 5 minutes worth of spy training since becoming strong, super fast, and psychic, so I don't blame her for not having a good understanding of her newfound abilities/curses just yet. I do wish the show gave an idea of time frames...how long has it been since she's been at Project Noah? Maybe a couple of weeks at most?

Edited by CrazyDog
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, SimoneS said:

Seriously? Amy is a scared 12 or 13 year child. Jeez. 

1 hour ago, CheezyXpressed said:

She was missing her book, which is the last thing that she has that belongs to her mom. Plus she's going through puberty too and the whole vampire thing so her rebellious nature seemed fine here. Kids do that sometimes and even though it's annoying it's human.

And a couple of days before that she was showing great ingenuity getting her captors to give her the binoculars. Now she has an opportunity to study her surrounding so she can make her escape and all she can do is whine about a book that when she gets back to the compound she can have a guard bring to her. That book wasn't going anywhere.

1 hour ago, ursula said:

Well going by the usual vampire lore, it seems like if you survive being bitten by a vampire i.e. if they don't snap off your neck or drain you to death, then whatever stuff is in their saliva or blood infects you and turns you into another vampire. And the vampires have "sire"-lines. So Fanning is at the top of the sireline, and every vampire that he "turned" with his blood is bound to him, etc. 

This is consistent with what we've seen in the show so far, I think. For example, the woman in the cabin was left alive and ultimately turned. In fact, it appeared she probably would have ultimately died from blood loss, but she lasted long enough for the virus to kick in and "heal her".

However, there was almost no waiting period like the several hours for the people who received the virus by injection. Maybe the dose from a severe bite has a much higher viral load than the injections (they were trying to weaken the virus for Project Noah).  

• Love 5
26 minutes ago, CrazyDog said:

She's supposed to be only 10 on the show, isn't she? And yeah, she's had about 5 minutes worth of spy training since becoming strong, super fast, and psychic, so I don't blame her for not having a good understanding of her newfound abilities/curses just yet. I do wish the show gave an idea of time frames...how long has it been since she's been at Project Noah? Maybe a couple of weeks at most?

With Sanniya's growth spurt is easy to forget that Amy is only 10 years old. Hard to say how long they have been at the facility. Two weeks is probably right in show time, but in real time, it has to be at least a couple months given how Lacey has completely recovered from her gun shot.  

• Love 3

True, and Brad too! Easy to forget that they both were shot. Though Lacey's was way more serious looking. More thoughts later, but I had to laugh at all of Richard's guys going in after Winston in full gear, and then there's poor Brad, in his totally super-protective plaid shirt. Someone give him a vest or something already!

• Love 7
21 hours ago, CrazyDog said:

and then there's poor Brad, in his totally super-protective plaid shirt. Someone give him a vest or something already!

"It may not look like much, but it's military grade...I got it at Old Navy"

-- Super-soldier Brad 🙂

Edited by Latverian Diplomat
fix typo
  • LOL 5
  • Love 4

I think the moment Sykes looked at Amy she had second thoughts about using a child.  Especially one who looked like her.  After the revelation that she had once tried to kill herself she's determined to not let another little girl suffer.  That's why she felt a connection to Babcock, that's why she wants to help Amy escape.

I kept yelling at Amy to not go into the dark building.  Stay out in the bright sunlight, Amy!

18 hours ago, CrazyDog said:

True, and Brad too! Easy to forget that they both were shot. Though Lacey's was way more serious looking. More thoughts later, but I had to laugh at all of Richard's guys going in after Winston in full gear, and then there's poor Brad, in his totally super-protective plaid shirt. Someone give him a vest or something already!

Hee!  Plot armor.

I can't help it but I love Fanning.  He is such a sophisticated vampire viral.  LOL

Edited by Haleth
  • Love 6
14 hours ago, AnimeMania said:

And a couple of days before that she was showing great ingenuity getting her captors to give her the binoculars. Now she has an opportunity to study her surrounding so she can make her escape and all she can do is whine about a book that when she gets back to the compound she can have a guard bring to her. That book wasn't going anywhere.

She's a child. Even a clever, talented child is going to get scared and make mistakes. Things have changed a lot since her treehouse build. Starting right after that moment of ingenuity. And that book is the only thing she has left of her mother. Of her life before all of this. She might not even remember where they left it given everything she's been through since then. It's not whining to be afraid to lose a connection to your past, even for an adult. Let alone a ten year old child. 

• Love 10

Still loving this show. It keeps me engaged from start to finish. I think they're doing a good job with the pacing of the story and a great job with character development. 

One problem with the show is that Fanning was bit by the "original viral" in South America, right? Who was then killed...so shouldn't he have died? I may be mis-remembering the first episode. I believe this was a slight change from the books where:

Spoiler

The team were attacked by bats and Fanning was the only one to survive and become a viral. But I could be mistaken on that, too.

3 hours ago, the eskimo said:

Still loving this show. It keeps me engaged from start to finish. I think they're doing a good job with the pacing of the story and a great job with character development. 

One problem with the show is that Fanning was bit by the "original viral" in South America, right? Who was then killed...so shouldn't he have died? I may be mis-remembering the first episode. I believe this was a slight change from the books where:

Reveal spoiler

The team were attacked by bats and Fanning was the only one to survive and become a viral. But I could be mistaken on that, too.

True, but Fanning may not have been a "vampire" yet, it does take a short amount of time to change, maybe the "original viral's" death occurred before Fanning changed.

On 2/18/2019 at 7:58 PM, roctavia said:

They could still kill everybody else but Fanning... I mean, that won't stop his mind control powers, but might weaken it if there is just Amy and Elizabeth left.... 

But i'm sure they won't do that, since it would be the smart thing to do.

On 2/19/2019 at 2:02 AM, mertensia said:

Okay, I would have continued to let them fry. Call me heartless but then it's done. No more vampires.

Truth.  Fanning keeps saying that he needs 12.  If they kill all the other vampires virals (LOL), he won't be strong at all.

On 2/18/2019 at 11:15 PM, AnimeMania said:

I wonder if Babcock has been mind controlling Sykes from the very beginning. Getting her to bring a movie, get the right movie, then to stay, eat pizza and watch the movie, then go to a horror movie with Richards.

Those scenes were early in the program, so I don't think Babcock was controlling Sykes.  The scenes didn't have the warm yellow-orange glow of the other mind-messing scenes.

On 2/19/2019 at 3:23 PM, AnimeMania said:

I tell you what -- just imagine that YOU are in Amy's situation: held captive, watching people die horrible deaths, and knowing that any minute you could turn into a ferocious monster.  I'm sure any reasonable person would be whining (at best, more likely soiling their pants!).

• Love 5
26 minutes ago, jhlipton said:

I tell you what -- just imagine that YOU are in Amy's situation: held captive, watching people die horrible deaths, and knowing that any minute you could turn into a ferocious monster.  I'm sure any reasonable person would be whining (at best, more likely soiling their pants!).

An of course I wouldn't volunteer to lead a team to go out and hunt down the monsters.

• Love 2
On February 20, 2019 at 3:59 PM, AnimeMania said:
On February 20, 2019 at 12:38 PM, the eskimo said:

Reveal spoiler

Read more  

True, but Fanning may not have been a "vampire" yet, it does take a short amount of time to change, maybe the "original viral's" death occurred before Fanning changed.

I had the same question as Eskimo and thought of the same response as Animemania but I hit another road block.  If dying when your sire dies hinges on whether or not you've turned before the sire dies then why did Amy appear to be dying too?  She hasn't turned yet so shouldn't she have been as unaffected by Fannings death as Fanning was unaffected by cave vampires death?  There may be more to it because of Amy's powers but going by the show only there's either a plot hole or more to the connection with Fanning than we realize.

Edited by sigmaforce86

Nothing happened to Amy, Elizabeth, Zero, or the rest when Winston died so I’m going with killing of all the vampires at once caused the effect. I think Zero not dying when the cave vampire did is just a story anomaly rather than an indication of anything. 

• Love 3
8 hours ago, sigmaforce86 said:

I had the same question as Eskimo and thought of the same response as Animemania but I hit another road block.  If dying when your sire dies hinges on whether or not you've turned before the sire dies then why did Amy appear to be dying too?  She hasn't turned yet so shouldn't she have been as unaffected by Fannings death as Fanning was unaffected by cave vampires death?  There may be more to it because of Amy's powers but going by the show only there's either a plot hole or more to the connection with Fanning than we realize.

It is also possible that she is hearing and feeling their pain and that is the pain she's experiencing.  Sorta like phantom pains that have no actual cause in her body. 

These goofy scientists should be focused on why they seem connected and less about how to get them to do human bidding.

• Useful 2

Brad and Amy made me cry this week when they were talking about grieving. Poor kid. It must have been so scary for her to have to run from and fight that maniac and face that she might turn into that same thing. That's a lot for anybody to process, especially a child.

I was struck this week by how everyone (except Amy and maybe Lila) was both right and wrong. There are very few unqualified heroes and villains in this situation. Brad may legitimately care about Amy, but he is the guy who kidnapped her. Amy was right about that. A nice kidnapper is still a kidnapper. Lear and Sykes may have thought they had good intentions, but they are still the new king and queen of human experimentation. I mean, DOD dude wasn't wrong. He authorized the program, but Sykes and Lear experimented on people for 3 years, so they don't have the right to act all pure and holy now. Clark may have finally seen the light (maybe), but he's still been the primary enforcer in this nonsense. Pandora's box has been opened. It doesn't really matter now if he says, "Oops!".

On the Virals side, I can understand why Shauna feels betrayed by Nicole. She really did think they were friends. OTOH, how is Sykes supposed to remain friends with some chick who appeared dead at first and now wants to steal her life and taste her blood? When Babcock and Sykes were arguing, I was like, "See, this is why we can't be friends".

And Fanning seems to actually expect Elizabeth to be grateful to him for forcing this condition on her. He could have explained to her what he wanted to do when he visited her and let her make the decision. But, noooooo! He's Mr. Brilliant (and a man), so he just decides to bulldoze over her and choose this for her. If she turns, I hope she hates him for it and takes every opportunity to express it.

Edited by LydiaMoon1
  • Love 7
2 hours ago, LydiaMoon1 said:

Clark may have finally seen the light (maybe), but he's still been the primary enforcer in this nonsense.

And Fanning seems to actually expect Elizabeth to be grateful to him for forcing this condition on her. He could have explained to her what he wanted to do when he visited her and let her make the decision.

Clark also murdered the guy on the roof.

I think Fanning knows Elizabeth's decision -- she didn't want Lear to go to the Amazon in the first place.   And that was before she knew how horrific the "cure" was.

• Love 3
On 2/23/2019 at 11:53 AM, LydiaMoon1 said:

Brad and Amy made me cry this week when they were talking about grieving. Poor kid. It must have been so scary for her to have to run from and fight that maniac and face that she might turn into that same thing. That's a lot for anybody to process, especially a child.

Listen! I watched this on Hulu, and the scene opening with Amy breaking down into tears after Brad killed Winston? I was crying with her.  Amy is only 10, and she had been through a lot even before she was kidnapped (speculation on my part since her mom was a drug addict). And then all this craziness with the vampires and doctors playing God.  Then Brad's voice kind of breaking when he told her, "I don't want to lose you" and I cried some more.  I confess that I did chuckle a little bit at Brad's hurt face when, earlier in the episode, Amy was all, "You're not my dad, you're just some guy who kidnapped me!" because she was upset over the book and not being listened to.  Whew, kids can cut to the quick when they're in their feelings! Kudos to Saniyya Sidney because usually kids being kids annoy me on TV shows.  

Although everyone was rightfully called out on their shit in this episode, I still feel sympathetic to Sykes because she seemed to be the doctor who wasn't doing this for personal gain or ego boost.  I assume all of the death row inmates were of age, so they had the right to consent to being part of the experiment.  They were persuaded, not coerced.  Was it deceptive, absolutely.  But, while I disagree with them being guinea pigs, it's hard for me to feel that sorry for them.  At least Carter is innocent of murder, but he still consented to be experimented on.  Amy didn't have that choice, and even if she did, she's not old enough to consent anyway.  

To me, the person who made a really stupid move in the episode was Lila when she saw her kidnapper murdered.  I assumed the keys were still in the ignition when the guy got out because the headlights were on.  All she had to do was hop in the driver's side and drive off.  I sure as hell wouldn't have gotten out of the car, at least not right away.    

As for the vampire science on this show, it seems to go however the episode plot decides, so I don't think too deeply about it.  I'm interested in this show for as long as Amy and Brad are the center (with Lacey supporting). If that ever changes, I'm happy to move on.  

• Love 4

They should have killed all the others except for Fanning and Amy. I doubt Elizabeth wants to live like that, considering her whining and the actress unconvincing eyebrow acting.

I liked how this episode gave us new glimpses in the characters' inner lives and interactions. Amy having a tantrum was a long time coming. That girl was through a lot, and acting out is the only way children know how to deal with overwhelming emotions. I'm glad Brad was a trooper in the end and handled it as he should. I don't really care about Babcock's attempts at revenge towards Sykes or about Sykes and her woes. But it was more or less thematically interesting.

• Love 1

When Richards had Lila kidnapped, because she was a "liability", did he not know about Lacey? He must have, so that was an odd plot hole. But I could see where his men would have had a LOT more trouble kidnapping badass Lacey, lol. She must have an idea what happened to Lila, so I'm curious as to where she is. Brad must have told her where Project Noah was. Also agree on Lila running into the woods being a crazy bad decision. I really, really doubt the show would go there, but on Twitter, someone asked the actress who plays Lila if there was a chance she was exposed to the blood of the woman who was bit, and she just said very good question. Hmm. Still wondering about the fiance, lol. Wouldn't he be a wee bit worried about her by now? Poor mystery guy. The show really should have just kept her single.

Poor Amy. I'm glad, and a bit surprised, that the show continues to acknowledge that Amy *just* freaking lost her mom. So many shows would have been glossing that over by now. Her sharing her grief with Brad (and his for his daughter), just makes their bond all the stronger. 

The last episode continued to humanize Shauna - her friendship with Sykes did feel real. But I'm not sure I understand what she thinks Sykes could do for her after she turned, as she mentioned feeling abandoned. Betrayed by what Sykes did TO her, and not being honest about the risks she could get turned into a bloodsucking monster? Sure. I'm not convinced that Babcock won't circle back to good at some point. Will both Lear and Sykes die for some sort of redemption?

And I still like Richards and find the actor interesting to watch, so I'm glad he finally came around to wanting to help Brad and Amy, though I think his days are numbered. 

I cannot stand Guilder, and he just has way too much power right now. I have a bad feeling (especially with no renewal news yet) that we'll get some cliffhanger with him and Amy at the end of the season.

Edited by CrazyDog
  • Love 2
10 hours ago, jhlipton said:

That's because they're not "vampires", they're "virals"!  LOL

Touché! 

1 hour ago, Kelda Feegle said:

Am I the only one wondering if Amy is going to develop telekinesis and transport the book back to her?

Hell, she might be able to teleport or fly by the end of all this, so anything is possible. 

On a really shallow note, kudos to the casting of the military redshirts.  I've noted some very attractive men before they were killed. I was a wee bit disappointed that we didn't see more of Lila's kidnapper before he died.  He was a literal and figurative snack, heh. 

• Love 6

“Screw you and your weird mustache.” Amy’s snark is on point. 

Guilder really does think he’s in charge in the grand tradition of humans in monster movies. Watching him realize he’s not will be a joy to watch. Kudos to James Le Gros for the portrayal. 

The flashbacks to when Brad and Lila lost Eva and the deterioration of their marriage was well done. Chriqui and MPG work well together. 

Speaking of, literally every character works well opposite Amy. Every scene is excellent. Her scenes with Brad are the best but the ones with Carter are right up there. I can’t wait to see her opposite Zero. That’s going to be epic!

Elizabeth actually died! I was sure she’d give in and join the hive. Looks like she’s just not into you Zero. 

• Love 12

A very emotional episode. Sanniya is such a talented young actress. Amy breaks my heart. The scene with her mother was so sweet until the real monster showed up. I have to believe that her mother, Brad and Carter's love will give her the strength to fight off Fanning. 

"Screw you and your weird mustache." You tell him, Amy. 

Shit Brad don't play. Don't fuck with his family. I loved his escape from the trunk, but killing the guy who killed his daughter was not his finest moment. At least, Richards came through for Brad again. 

Poor Brad and Lila. I didn't expect that their daughter had been shot. I thought she died from cancer or some disease. What Brad did was horrible, but his love for Amy redeems him in my eyes. "Something always goes wrong, but we have to make it through for Amy." 

Elizabeth was far more courageous that Lear ever was or likely can be. 

Richards is starting to win me over, but I still think that he, Sykes, and Lear have it coming for everything they have done.

Martinez is Antonio from OLTL with horrible floppy hair. Fanning is totally controlling Martinez who is setting up Fanning and other virals' escape.

Edited by SimoneS
  • Love 9
4 minutes ago, SimoneS said:

Fanning is totally controlling Martinez who is setting up Fanning and other virals' escape.

I so hope you’re right. Guilder thinks he’s completely in charge and dismisses the vampires getting in the humans heads. Even though he knows Amy has some telepathy. And he’s just laid out his entire security plan in detail without stopping to think if Zero is in his head. Ah, hubris. 

• Love 7
3 minutes ago, scarynikki12 said:

I so hope you’re right. Guilder thinks he’s completely in charge and dismisses the vampires getting in the humans heads. Even though he knows Amy has some telepathy. And he’s just laid out his entire security plan in detail without stopping to think if Zero is in his head. Ah, hubris. 

I think Elizabeth and Amy's refusal to join him will delay Fanning's escape. He needs a twelfth convert so he has to bite one more person.

• Love 2

"Screw you and your weird mustache!" Yeah, tell him Amy! I also loved when Richards was telling her how Brad could handle himself, and Amy reminded him that Brad kicked his ass with this super smug little smirk. Thank god for a few light moments of Amy snark, because this episode was so heartbreaking otherwise. Poor Brad, and poor, poor Amy.

I assumed that Brad and Lila's daughter died in a car wreck or something, but finding out she got murdered by some twitchy gas station robber right in front of Brad just makes the whole thing even worse. Him killing the murderer wasnt his finest hour, but its understandable in a dark, grief stricken kind of way, and he is doing a lot to redeem himself with his love for Amy. The flashbacks just hurt so much, it filled in a lot of holes as to what happened with his family, and how his marriage fell apart. It was also a good episode for Lila, I especially liked when she turned Brads guilt around, saying that technically its just as much her fault as his, if he wants to look at it that way. Any number of random things that 99% of the time would have meant nothing led to their daughter dying, its pointless of him to beat himself up over every little thing he did. 

Its sad that Brad and Amy have such similar and almost complimentary guilt issues. Amy feels guilty about the death of her mom, and Brad feels guilty about the death of his daughter, so now they have each other as surrogate child and parent, to maybe ease that guilt a bit. But poor Amy, she has just dealt with so much in such a short time, and is still a little kid. Her backstory with her mom was so horribly sad, blaming herself for such a terrible thing. At least she has Carter and Brad looking out for her, and maybe even Richards and Sykes now. I am glad that Carter is still around and is still holding onto his decency, even after giving into Fanning. 

Wow, Elizabeth chose to die in Lears arms rather than give into Fanning and become a vampire! Oh, Fanning is gonna be pissed! He seems like a guy who doesent take rejection very well! I do wish we had more time with her, I liked her a lot in just the few episodes she got.

Guilder is going to be our "asshole authority figure who thinks he is in control of all of this until he gets proven horribly wrong" guy for the season, and he is just doing gangbusters at it! His swaggering into the room all "say what you will what Chaney, but he got the job done!" acting like he actually gets whats going on here, its going to be hilarious watching reality crash down around him. Oh hubris!

Richards is trying to actually get closer to doing the right thing, but it might be too little too late, depending on where this goes next. 

Loved this episode!

• Love 10

Great episode.. Real emotional.. Loved carter and amy's "training"... Not too much to add... Agree that I didn't expect Brad and Lila's kid to have been gunner down.. That's brutal... Also.. Isnt Lila engaged again.. Does she plan to go back to that Guy.. For a while this episode I thought naw she's in with brad all the way( and that kinda sucks for random fiancee)  but the way she told him to always stay by Amy's side after he told her he killed the guy makes me think she may leave again... 

• Love 2

I had the impression that Brad's daughter had cancer or something. I can't imagine how hard it must have been to watch her get shot like that. No wonder he ended up working for the creepy government testing group.

How is it already almost the season finale? I think they said one more episode? I feel like this just started.

• Love 2
44 minutes ago, KaveDweller said:

How is it already almost the season finale? I think they said one more episode? I feel like this just started.

They said one more episode and then a 2 hour finale.

My prediction:

Spoiler

Elizabeth comes back to life and bites Lear on the neck. 

It seems strange the way that Lila was talking to Brad, like she was planning to stay with Brad forever, what about her fiancee?

• Love 1

S1.E7 quotes

Clark: [Brad and Lila] never made it back from the hunting party.
Nichole: What does that mean?
Clark: Nothing good. I'm worried about them.
Nichole: Since when?
Clark: Since Winston. Since Guilder. Since this place turned into the Overlook Hotel.

Brad: So have you been? Anything new?
Lila: Oh, not much. Just trying to avoid being executed by the United States government. Also vampires are real so that's cool.

Clark: I need your help. I'm looking for Agent Wolgast.
Amy: Aren't you the head of security?
Clark: I'm asking as his friend.
Amy: You shot at him at least twice.

Elizabeth: You remember that time we got food poisoning from that bacalhau cart in Rio?
Jonas: Omigawd, yeah.
Elizabeth: This isn't as bad as that.

Amy: Just because you're in my head doesn't mean it makes it your business.
Carter: It's all my business We're linked, all of us who got the injection.
Amy: I'm not joining your stupid club.

Amy: Screw you. And your weird mustache.

Carter: What Fanning wants is for you to believe the worst about yourself. He'll make you feel like alone and scared and make it seem like he's the only one who wants you. It's not true. Don't buy it. You have people. You have the agent. You have me. And you have yourself.

Carter: Hunger makes you do weird things.

• Love 4

I know it's hard to let go of someone you love, but I got so mad when Elizabeth told Jonas to turn off the machines and he had the fucking gall to say no. Will you please give this woman autonomy over her own life and body, for fuck's sake?! Nichole already told him that the experimental treatment they were trying would give Elizabeth only a few more minutes, not days, and that it was prolonging Elizabeth's pain. And even so, he was still a selfish ass, refusing to just let her die AS SHE JUST TOLD YOU SHE WANTED TO DO.

I loved the talk that Carter had with Amy. It's important for her to know that she is not responsible for her mother's death or her mother's addiction, and it's just as important for her to know that she is strong enough on her own (even though Carter and Brad are definitely doing what they can to help her).

When Carter described Fanning's strategy (make you believe the worst about yourself so that you feel alone and scared and that he's the only one who wants you), I was like ugh, classic abusive behavior. Hopefully now that Amy knows what Fanning's M.O. is, it will be harder for him to lure her over to the dark side.

Poor Brad. Watching his daughter get shot and then blaming himself was terrible. I liked that Lila pointed out that she could just as easily blame herself. Hopefully he will be able to let go of some of his guilt.

• Love 13
13 hours ago, SimoneS said:

I think Elizabeth and Amy's refusal to join him will delay Fanning's escape. He needs a twelfth convert so he has to bite one more person.

It's totally going to be Guilder right?  I mean it has to be a total A-hole to want to be a part of the 12.

• Love 3

Given how melancholy, and at times outright dark, this episode was, it got jokes. The Overlook Hotel reference, weird mustache and you shot him twice all made me laugh.

Not only did Brad watch his daughter die, it happened while he was in his professional element as a hostage negotiator. I don't think anyone is comfortable having a gun pointed at them, but he probably believed that his training gave him the skills to successfully end the situation. Then his daughter opened the door. I thought Brad and Lila's confessions of responsibility for her death was really well done. Especially after the flashback where he shut down during therapy.

9 hours ago, ElectricBoogaloo said:

I know it's hard to let go of someone you love, but I got so mad when Elizabeth told Jonas to turn off the machines and he had the fucking gall to say no. Will you please give this woman autonomy over her own life and body, for fuck's sake?!

That made me mad as well. Even before there was a Project Noah, she told him she was at peace with her fate and his trip to Bolivia(?) would lead him down a dark path.

I have a fanfic in my head where Lacey is stealthily kicking ass on all sorts of black ops/mercenary/private contractor types as she tries to find Brad, Amy and Lila.

• Love 9
17 minutes ago, xaxat said:

I have a fanfic in my head where Lacey is stealthily kicking ass on all sorts of black ops/mercenary/private contractor types as she tries to find Brad, Amy and Lila.

I’m on board with your fanfic. I’m expecting it to come true too. 

• Love 5
14 hours ago, ElectricBoogaloo said:

I know it's hard to let go of someone you love, but I got so mad when Elizabeth told Jonas to turn off the machines and he had the fucking gall to say no. Will you please give this woman autonomy over her own life and body, for fuck's sake?! Nichole already told him that the experimental treatment they were trying would give Elizabeth only a few more minutes, not days, and that it was prolonging Elizabeth's pain. And even so, he was still a selfish ass, refusing to just let her die AS SHE JUST TOLD YOU SHE WANTED TO DO. 

EXACTLY. Between Lear and Fanning, Elizabeth probably chose death just to escape both those arrogant azzholes.

....and it wasn't until l watched this episode that I realized i could read minds too. When Nichole shut off Elizabeth's machines and scurried out of that room she was thinking, "Yeah I feel bad for y'all, but I remember what happened with Carter. If this bish turn viral, I ain't gone be locked up a room with her!

• Love 11
1 hour ago, LydiaMoon1 said:

"Yeah I feel bad for y'all, but I remember what happened with Carter. If this bish turn viral, I ain't gone be locked up a room with her!

Maybe Nicole has seen a few more horror movies since she and Babcock were having pizza parties 😉 

• LOL 1
  • Love 3

I agree about Lear.  Seriously, dude?  Your wife is practically begging you to let her die and you say no?  How selfish can you get?

So Brad and Lila reconnect over shared guilt and bullets.  I thought the direction or acting choices for Lila were terrible this episode.  With all she's been through she didn't seem the least bit scared.  Kidnapping, tied up in the trunk of a car, kneeling while waiting to be shot in the head, not to mention vampires virals, she took it all in stride.  Shouldn't she have been a frantic, screaming mess?  I suppose doing that would have made it more difficult to have rational conversations with Brad and would be criticized as stereotypical, but she was way too calm.  

I can't wait for Fanning to eat mustache guy (speaking of stereotypes).

• Love 1
27 minutes ago, Haleth said:

I thought the direction or acting choices for Lila were terrible this episode.  With all she's been through she didn't seem the least bit scared.  Kidnapping, tied up in the trunk of a car, kneeling while waiting to be shot in the head, not to mention vampires virals, she took it all in stride.  Shouldn't she have been a frantic, screaming mess?  I suppose doing that would have made it more difficult to have rational conversations with Brad and would be criticized as stereotypical, but she was way too calm.  

I've got to agree with you on this one. She was waaay too calm. I kept waiting for her to freak out at some point, but no. She could have been buying carrots at the grocery store for all the emotion she showed. It was quite jarring. Her whole performance was very underwhelming.

• Love 2

I fully expected Elizabeth to die only to come back and bite Lear. When she was diagnosed with Alzheimer's she accepted it and just wanted Lear with her, but he went to Bolivia and started the vampire uprising. When she wanted to die, he didn't want to let her go. It really seems like she's been the stronger one out of the pair, so I'm curious to see what happens to Lear now that he's alone. Maybe he'll end up being the 12th. He may not have his wife anymore, but he can be with his best friend for life. 

The Mustache guy is going to die much in the same way as the Asian Scientist. It's just unfortunate that Winston isn't around to do it. I miss the serial killer.

2 hours ago, Haleth said:

So Brad and Lila reconnect over shared guilt and bullets.  I thought the direction or acting choices for Lila were terrible this episode.  With all she's been through she didn't seem the least bit scared.  Kidnapping, tied up in the trunk of a car, kneeling while waiting to be shot in the head, not to mention vampires virals, she took it all in stride.  Shouldn't she have been a frantic, screaming mess?  I suppose doing that would have made it more difficult to have rational conversations with Brad and would be criticized as stereotypical, but she was way too calm. 

She is incredibly calm, but I wonder if that's part of her surgeon training and how she has to be calm in stressful situations. She's been part of this for awhile now and probably had to adapt to her environment or risk dying like the reporter.

• Love 2