Type keyword(s) to search

Finals, Training Camp and Social Media

frenchtoast
  • Start Topic

6 minutes ago, Stee said:

I would agree with this except that Malena and Lily were the final two cuts. That, in addition to a Charlotte also being one of Victoria’s biggest cheerleaders (pun intended). We know that Victoria is cut due to lying about seeing a nutritionist, and that’s likely the breaking point for Kelli. But I wonder if maybe there are other hints that come before it. Or if Judy starts to speak up (I would love this).  

As for Victoria, I agree with you and everyone else - she’s 18, needs time to mature, and will hopefully watch this season and come away with a lesson in humility. Hopefully. And maybe will make the team in a year or two when the spotlight isn’t so focused on her. I’m not a huge fan of Brennan but I’m happy she made the team without being a major storyline on this season. Some of the best girls have been under the radar: Jacie, Jenn Auburn, Lacey. 

The nutritionist is only part of the story. Kelli sent Victoria to a Cowboys doctor due to Victoria saying her thyroid was causing her weight gain. She lied about seeing the doctor. I still think Kelli wanted her on the squad, but Charlotte said no. Charlotte has a lot more say so about which girls make it into TC and on the squad.

38 minutes ago, FMRDancerNYC said:

I understand neither Tina nor Victoria went to support the TEAM when they were announced to the alumnae before the first home game. Miss Dayton was there supporting her TC sisters as was Shelly. Love Dayton's attitude and class! No expectations, no entitlement, and understands she is her own dancer. I wish they would stop MTT and create a show that follows the girls whom were cut to show they are beautiful and talented and that they are finding success and fulfillment in other ventures. Reality is that less than a handful of DCC become famous afterward.  Hope she enjoys her dancing travels as Im sure she will. DCC is becoming cult-like and mean girl-ish. This season is showing it is more politics then talent and thats sickening even with VKs overdue impending cut. But then again, maybe thats what they want us to see. 

Tina is not speaking to Kelli and is also not having anything to do with the DCC right now because she's extremely pissed at how her spawn was treated.  Her argument is that VK was willing to put herself out there in light of the promise that, at the end, she'd make the team.  But due to her rampant lies and weight gain, that was no longer an option.  So, in her mind, VK put herself out there to be ridiculed by the public (basically, us) and has nothing to show for it.  

Hey Tina, maybe she can sell the Barbie on eBay.  :-)

• Love 12
41 minutes ago, LynneH said:

So far I have not seen the "entitlement" on the show by VK. (obviously my only "window" is the show other than what I see in the forums)  What I have seen is an immature teenager who has been "groomed/assumed" all of her life to become DCC. She has known the people in the DCC organization all of her life.  So she feels very comfortable in their presence; which is why IMO she is always in the front row whenever possible while dancing/learning and why she is very at ease talking with K&J in the office. 

Just my two cents.

PS: I don't dislike her, but at the same time I don't think she is mature enough (nor talented enough at this time) to be on the team.  However, there are many people that have made the team that I didn't think should be there.  *shrug*

Well the entitlement examples are her shoving herself to the front of every pic and class, above vets, and whining about show group. BUT I agree completely that she is immature and was told she had a spot, so she walked into camp like she was already the HBIC. 

VK and Dayton are compared all the time with Dayton being more mature and graceful, but she is three years older than VK, and three years makes a BIG DIFFERENCE at that age. I know VK is louder and more extra in general, but for maturity it is not a fair comparison. 

4 hours ago, jlc said:

I saw it, and you can definitely see Kelli trying to come up with the words that will explain VK's "temporary" poor performance.

They are going to play her cut off as health reasons. 

• Love 6
7 minutes ago, SmpIsimon said:

Tina is not speaking to Kelli and is also not having anything to do with the DCC right now because she's extremely pissed at how her spawn was treated.  Her argument is that VK was willing to put herself out there in light of the promise that, at the end, she'd make the team.  But due to her rampant lies and weight gain, that was no longer an option.  So, in her mind, VK put herself out there to be ridiculed by the public (basically, us) and has nothing to show for it.  

Tina needs to take lessons from Shelly about how to help her daughter succeed in real life instead of wanting to join the DCC Organization because being a DCC is considered the be all, end all of the universe. Tina is just as guilty as Kelli and Charlotte are.

3 minutes ago, UnicornKicks said:

Well the entitlement examples are her shoving herself to the front of every pic and class, above vets, and whining about show group. BUT I agree completely that she is immature and was told she had a spot, so she walked into camp like she was already the HBIC. 

VK and Dayton are compared all the time with Dayton being more mature and graceful, but she is three years older than VK, and three years makes a BIG DIFFERENCE at that age. I know VK is louder and more extra in general, but for maturity it is not a fair comparison. 

They are going to play her cut off as health reasons

UGH!!! That will piss me off if they play up she had a thyroid condition when in reality she use it to cover up her weight gain and not go to see a Cowboys doctor to confirm the diagnosis and get the proper treatment. I have a thyroid condition, and I deal with it along with multiple medical conditions since late January 2013 after a radiation iodine treatment in December 2012 to kill my thyroid cells. Two weeks after I started taking a thyroid hormone replacement medication I became sick, and it took two years before my medical team finally started listening to me when I said something is not right, but the damage was already done. She had a chance to go to a top rate doctor for her alleged thyroid disorder while patients across the country are lucky to be able to see an endocrinologist or a top notch doctor for proper diagnosis and treatment.

1 hour ago, bigskygirl said:

I think the show has done more damage than good. It has become the new promotion for the Cowboys, DCC Organization, and The Star. I feel bad for the girls because they are being use for drama, ratings and the almighty dollars.

Please. They know what they are signing up for. The show has been on for 13 seasons.

9 minutes ago, bigskygirl said:

UGH!!! That will piss me off if they play up she had a thyroid condition when in reality she use it to cover up her weight gain and not go to see a Cowboys doctor to confirm the diagnosis and get the proper treatment. I have a thyroid condition, and I deal with it along with multiple medical conditions since late January 2013 after a radiation iodine treatment in December 2012 to kill my thyroid cells. Two weeks after I started taking a thyroid hormone replacement medication I became sick, and it took two years before my medical team finally started listening to me when I said something is not right, but the damage was already done. She had a chance to go to a top rate doctor for her alleged thyroid disorder while patients across the country are lucky to be able to see an endocrinologist or a top notch doctor for proper diagnosis and treatment.

Has this "thyroid condition" been confirmed or another unsubstantiated rumor?

19 minutes ago, bigskygirl said:

Tina needs to take lessons from Shelly about how to help her daughter succeed in real life instead of wanting to join the DCC Organization because being a DCC is considered the be all, end all of the universe. Tina is just as guilty as Kelli and Charlotte are.

Same.

• Love 5

I think the show has done more damage than good. It has become the new promotion for the Cowboys, DCC Organization, and The Star. I feel bad for the girls because they are being use for drama, ratings and the almighty dollars.

But yet they willingly show up at auditions to chase their “lifelong dream” of being a part of this shitshow. It’s one of the biggest reasons I tune into the show - the ridiculousness of it all is soooo entertaining.

• Love 11
16 minutes ago, TexasBorn said:

Please. They know what they are signing up for. The show has been on for 13 seasons.

Has this "thyroid condition" been confirmed or another unsubstantiated rumor?

Same.

If it was a possible thyroid condition, I bet Victoria would have went to the doctor and/or would have proof she was sick and was seeking the right treatment plan. She probably would have went to the Cowboys doctor, but she lied and said she went. The doctor confirmed she did not go to her appointment. I also think Kelli, Charlotte and Judy would have work with Victoria if she had a possible thyroid disorder unless the doctor(s) were telling her not to be on the squad until she was getting better. I think someone said former DCC Megan Sharp had a thyroid disorder in her last year on the squad, and former DCC Jordan Ketchum wrote an article in her only year on the squad saying she was hypothyroid while she on the squad.

Edited by bigskygirl

I wish they showed more of Daphne, Caroline, and Cianna! I think they are so beautiful and seem like good dancers. I would love to get more of those girls that have talent and haven’t been shown. 

• Love 17
13 hours ago, Tootie said:

Best deleted scene EVER!!!  lol

2018-09-15 (39).png

I don’t remember Kelli biting her finger like that before on the show. It’s almost like she’s physically stopping herself from talking while she thinks a minute.

Ive seen her do the thing where she looks up and puts her tongue on the roof of her mouth to not cry after cutting a girl - like with Hannah, but this is New in my recollection anyway.

• Love 4
10 minutes ago, rose711 said:

I don’t remember Kelli biting her finger like that before on the show. It’s almost like she’s physically stopping herself from talking while she thinks a minute.

Ive seen her do the thing where she looks up and puts her tongue on the roof of her mouth to not cry after cutting a girl - like with Hannah, but this is New in my recollection anyway.

It seemed contrived to me.  

1 hour ago, SmpIsimon said:

This is interesting if true.   So they agreed to get a really bad edit, and give them material for that bad edit, for drama/ratings, and the DCC didn’t come through? 

I wonder if this stuff VK is saying in the office (like how she really wanted SG) is part of the plan for the bad edit?

It’s not really right to tell someone come on my tryout show, act immature and goofy so we get good drama material...and in exchange will make you a DCC - then not come through.  I wonder if they’ve done that to others in the past?  Maybe Vivian and her poem wasn’t all Vivian’s idea?

• Love 2
11 minutes ago, MyFavShows said:

This is interesting if true.   So they agreed to get a really bad edit, and give them material for that bad edit, for drama/ratings, and the DCC didn’t come through? 

I wonder if this stuff VK is saying in the office (like how she really wanted SG) is part of the plan for the bad edit?

It’s not really right to tell someone come on my tryout show, act immature and goofy so we get good drama material...and in exchange will make you a DCC - then not come through.  I wonder if they’ve done that to others in the past?  Maybe Vivian and her poem wasn’t all Vivian’s idea?

I am skeptical of this--I just can't see TK or VK agreeing to a bad edit even if she was promised a spot on the team. And from what I have heard, TK and Kelli are still friends and are talking. So *shrug*

• Love 5
1 hour ago, 123DCCWoooo said:

But yet they willingly show up at auditions to chase their “lifelong dream” of being a part of this shitshow. It’s one of the biggest reasons I tune into the show - the ridiculousness of it all is soooo entertaining.

I don't get why their "dreams" are so short sighted. Shouldn't the dream be a professional dancer - with being a DCC just a stepping stone towards that goal ?

I feel for the HS guidance counselor who meets with them with a fistful of post-HS options and all they say is " I just want to be a DCC". 

I think that is why I am drawn to those when asked to share their story, as they what they are doing or plan to do with their lives after DCC - which is at best a 7 yrs reign, right ? It doesn't have to be an elaborate plan, like finishing/starting a degree, going to medical or law school, but come in the door realizing your "dream" needs to be bigger. 

Edited by sATL
  • Love 3
12 minutes ago, MyFavShows said:

I don't think they agreed to a bad edit, just that she would be displayed as struggling at times, yet ultimately end up making it (sort of like Morgan a few seasons ago). Also, they knew that if she went on the show, she'd be attacked in social media and allegations of nepotism would be thrown at her.  That's one of the reason the first two episodes were so over the top in talking about how amazing she was and such an in demand dancer.  Basically, she was wiling to go through with the public criticism though because she was promised a spot.  But her lies and her rampant weight gain killed that.

3 minutes ago, Pebbles116 said:

I am skeptical of this--I just can't see TK or VK agreeing to a bad edit even if she was promised a spot on the team. And from what I have heard, TK and Kelli are still friends and are talking. So *shrug*

Not a "bad edit."  See above.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, 123DCCWoooo said:

True, but it still is not right Kelli, Charlotte and CMT use them for ratings, drama, and for money. I am sure the girls did not sign up to become pawns to be use for promoting the almighty Cowboys and DCC Organizations to the masses. Look at how Victoria was used by Kelli and Charlotte. It looks like she is working on trying out again. At least Dayton wise up and got out while the getting out was good.

Both VK and Tina have retweeted CMT promotions of the show as of September.  VK also posted a gushing thank you to DCC and Kelli and promised to come back next year healthier. They aren't upset and angry.

• Love 1
1 minute ago, Tuxcat said:

Both VK and Tina have retweeted CMT promotions of the show as of September.  VK also posted a gushing thank you to DCC and Kelli and promised to come back next year healthier. They aren't upset and angry.

Trust me, they are.  What you see publicly and what's going on behind the scenes are two different things.

• Love 9
5 minutes ago, SmpIsimon said:

I don't think they agreed to a bad edit, just that she would be displayed as struggling at times, yet ultimately end up making it (sort of like Morgan a few seasons ago). Also, they knew that if she went on the show, she'd be attacked in social media and allegations of nepotism would be thrown at her.  That's one of the reason the first two episodes were so over the top in talking about how amazing she was and such an in demand dancer.  Basically, she was wiling to go through with the public criticism though because she was promised a spot.  But her lies and her rampant weight gain killed that.

Not a "bad edit."  See above.

2 minutes ago, bigskygirl said:

True, but it still is not right Kelli, Charlotte and CMT use them for ratings, drama, and for money. I am sure the girls did not sign up to become pawns to be use for promoting the almighty Cowboys and DCC Organizations to the masses. Look at how Victoria was used by Kelli and Charlotte. It looks like she is working on trying out again. At least Dayton wise up and got out while the getting out was good.

If Victoria is agreeing to how she is going to be portrayed, and goes along with everything......she is not being used.  She is going along with the "storyline", it just didn't end like she thought it would

• Love 8
3 hours ago, bigskygirl said:

"I am not saying it is Victoria fault for trying out. I think Kelli, Charlotte, Tina and CMT are to be blame for the whole mess of what is going on this year in TC." 

While I am not fan of the VK edit I can not blame Charlotte, Kelli et al. for wanting women like VK, Dayton, or Cassie on the team.

They were raised in the Cowboys life, they get the brand, the understand what it means, and respect it. They are a far better gamble than dancers like Kalyssa or Erica is the long run. Protecting the brand is second nature and family tradition. Keeping it close to home just makes good business sense.

That said, its not VKs time. She seems to lack a bit of refinement that most 18 year olds really shouldn't have anyway. A little taste of failure at this age is great for growth. 

...also her teeth bug me :)

Edited by kareika
  • Love 4
16 minutes ago, Tuxcat said:

They could be trying to get on Kelli and Charlotte's good side aka trying to right the wrong of her lying about a possible thyroid condition and not seeing the Cowboys doctor after Kelli set up an appointment with him and lying about actually seeing him.

1 hour ago, SmpIsimon said:

Not quite the same, but I can see this. I have a friend, I'll use that term loosely, who does sports with my kid. My kid isn't the end all be all of this particular sport but she's good enough to get an award about 95% of the time. It's an individual sport. When friend's kid also gets an award it is ALL over social media instantly, but if kid doesn't get an award it's radio silent. Recently I saw friend after an event, my kid placed higher her kid didn't, and the utter disdain she had was jarring. 

Tina strikes me as a mom who brags REALLY big when her kids do something, but is radio silent when they don't or she can't spin it to somehow gain positive attention. Victoria looks like a blubbering idiot this season---yes she's young and she's immature and she lacks discipline and professionalism and maybe we'd expect most girls her age to be this stunted emotionally---but when you line Victoria up with this rookie class, she looks even worse. No one comes close to her lack of maturity to balance her out with. 

And, she has looked bad even when CMT was giving her a positive edit. So Tina fuming makes total sense. It was okay for Vicky to be the class clown, town idiot as long as she walked off the field in those $550 boots and three pieces of fabric WITH stars attached. In her mind, it would have been for the 'greater good'...but now her kid is the town idiot AND didn't get the trophy at the end? That isn't what she agreed to. 

It's a shame Vicky won't realize how used she is and probably won't for several years. Maybe with maturity she'll figure it out, much like I think Dayton already did (hence the not coming back as long as CMT is around comment). 

• Love 11
2 minutes ago, Loves2Dance said:

It was okay for Vicky to be the class clown, town idiot as long as she walked off the field in those $550 boots and three pieces of fabric WITH stars attached. In her mind, it would have been for the 'greater good'...but now her kid is the town idiot AND didn't get the trophy at the end? That isn't what she agreed to.

Very well, put!  Although TK never thought she'd be portrayed that badly but would just be shown having some struggles.  Still, you're right, even if they'd made VK come across as the worst candidate ever, all would be forgiven if she made the squad.  It's really sad.

• Love 7
2 hours ago, rose711 said:

This season is the first one where Kelli has a “bad edit.” She’s looking incorrect and indecisive.  The closest thing to compare was keeping Brianna because she was so gorgeous, and maybe back to the Morgan and Kaitlin season

Kelli’s  looked bad since Victoria fell out of her turns on the field and the reaction was “awww.” Each episode she looks less able to face reality.  I’m not sure she even sees what the editors are doing to her. 

In fairness to Kelli, if Victoria had held up her end and behaved even semi-professionally, she maybe could have let her slide on to the team.  I don’t think Kelli expected the extreme immaturity from Victoria. She’s the most immature girl I’ve ever seen on the show. 

Its not just the weight gain, it’s everything about her behavior- like expecting show group, being shocked to not be noticed.

Victora is ok, and if they hadn’t focused on her like she was a rock star like Jalyn actually is, maybe let her slip under the radar like Brennan is doing this season, it maybe would have been ok all around.

Definitely. I will say that while I'm not surprised that Kelli has shown VK favoritism (playing favorites is not a new thing for her), I am surprised that she appears to have so badly misjudged this situation. I don't know VK personally, but based on just the little bit that has been shown, she seems to be very immature and not at all discreet. I'm sure we all have some friends where if they asked you to stick your neck out for them and do something that could theoretically rebound back on you negatively, you might do it because you trust that that friend is smart, cunning, and discreet enough to not screw up. There are other friends who you may love to death, but they're not the sharpest tools in the shed, and you probably won't stick your neck out for them. VK definitely appears to be in that second category. I'm not trying to be mean, but she seems immature enough to think that she could write answers to a test on her arm with a red pen and get away with it or something stupid like that. It just seems obvious that Kelli should have known that VK was the type who could not be given any obvious special favors and who she had to keep at arms length and be very stern with when it came to office visits, etc. Otherwise, VK would do exactly what she appears to have done and walk in there like her spot was guaranteed. 

• Love 7

We saw glimpses of Kelli's blindness last year with Brianna. I think many of us were stunned that they kept her around for as long as they did when it was clear Brianna lacked the multi-genre experience and power required. Kelli was blinded by her model good looks, even swearing she'd use strings to get her incredibly lame kicks up to where they should be. They gave her way more time than she deserved. To Brianna's credit, she went off to college in Florida (that was the last news I heard) to gain some experience and maturity. I think she knew good and well she needed more experience (in dance and in life) and made a fairly graceful exit.

With VK, the blinding has been much worse, to the point of absurdity and painful to watch. When have we ever seen a guest choreographer brought in to serve the truth to a TCC? NEVER. It is quite telling that Kelli was so afraid of having to tell this child (and she is still a child in terms of maturity) that she was not the super star great dancer she has continually been told she is for years that she made someone else say it for her. Props to Denise for doing Kelli's dirty work. She shouldn't have had to do it. That was Kelli's job.

We all have blind spots but Kelli's for VK was neon sign big before the lies came out. Charlotte was never going to abide by that, regardless of the Kelli/TK friendship.

• Love 13
2 minutes ago, ATLGirl said:

We saw glimpses of Kelli's blindness last year with Brianna. I think many of us were stunned that they kept her around for as long as they did when it was clear Brianna lacked the multi-genre experience and power required. Kelli was blinded by her model good looks, even swearing she'd use strings to get her incredibly lame kicks up to where they should be. They gave her way more time than she deserved. To Brianna's credit, she went off to college in Florida (that was the last news I heard) to gain some experience and maturity. I think she knew good and well she needed more experience (in dance and in life) and made a fairly graceful exit.

With VK, the blinding has been much worse, to the point of absurdity and painful to watch. When have we ever seen a guest choreographer brought in to serve the truth to a TCC? NEVER. It is quite telling that Kelli was so afraid of having to tell this child (and she is still a child in terms of maturity) that she was not the super star great dancer she has continually been told she is for years that she made someone else say it for her. Props to Denise for doing Kelli's dirty work. She shouldn't have had to do it. That was Kelli's job.

We all have blind spots but Kelli's for VK was neon sign big before the lies came out. Charlotte was never going to abide by that, regardless of the Kelli/TK friendship.

If you think Kelli is blind just wait until the show this week comes on and you will see that Kitty is even more blinded than Kelli is that is possible.  

• Love 19

Not quite the same, but I can see this. I have a friend, I'll use that term loosely, who does sports with my kid. My kid isn't the end all be all of this particular sport but she's good enough to get an award about 95% of the time. It's an individual sport. When friend's kid also gets an award it is ALL over social media instantly, but if kid doesn't get an award it's radio silent. Recently I saw friend after an event, my kid placed higher her kid didn't, and the utter disdain she had was jarring. 

Tina strikes me as a mom who brags REALLY big when her kids do something, but is radio silent when they don't or she can't spin it to somehow gain positive attention.

This. Dance is 1000X this.  Casting, favoritism, whispering, cries of "it's not fair."

• Love 6

They could be trying to get on Kelli and Charlotte's good side aka trying to right the wrong of her lying about a possible thyroid condition and not seeing the Cowboys doctor after Kelli set up an appointment with him and lying about actually seeing him.

So someone called her out for her weight gain, she said she thinks she might have a thyroid condition, and they told her she should see the Cowboys doctor?   First thing the goes to my mind is why wouldn’t she see her own doctor about that - but whatever.  It also sounds a little like the category of “none of their business” and personal.  So the doctor comes back and says she has a thyroid condition and it’s making her gain weight, are they gonna forgive it and let her on the team with a heavy belly?  She’s either too heavy for the uniform or she isn’t.    I guess I don’t get why the Cowboys doctor needed to be involved in that.  She should have dealt with the situation on her own.

Either way, she shouldn’t have lied.  Like what did she say?   Told them she went to the Cowboys doctor and he/she said her weight was cause of the thyroid and thus it wasn’t her fault.   Then Kelli checked with the doctor and was told “VK never showed up and I never said that?”.   lol!  That’s freakin’ outrageous if so.  Omg so crazy.  I guess we’ll see what happens.   I still think the DCC shouldn’t really get involved in something like that in the first place, but I guess it will make a good storyline.

And is it a HIPAA violation for a doctor to tell another person info like that?  Or are they allowed to say wether a person came to an appt or not but not discuss what was said? 

Edited by MyFavShows
  • Love 6
20 minutes ago, Loves2Dance said:

Tina strikes me as a mom who brags REALLY big when her kids do something, but is radio silent when they don't or she can't spin it to somehow gain positive attention. Victoria looks like a blubbering idiot this season---yes she's young and she's immature and she lacks discipline and professionalism and maybe we'd expect most girls her age to be this stunted emotionally---but when you line Victoria up with this rookie class, she looks even worse. No one comes close to her lack of maturity to balance her out with. 

And, she has looked bad even when CMT was giving her a positive edit. So Tina fuming makes total sense. It was okay for Vicky to be the class clown, town idiot as long as she walked off the field in those $550 boots and three pieces of fabric WITH stars attached. In her mind, it would have been for the 'greater good'...but now her kid is the town idiot AND didn't get the trophy at the end? That isn't what she agreed to. 

It's a shame Vicky won't realize how used she is and probably won't for several years. Maybe with maturity she'll figure it out, much like I think Dayton already did (hence the not coming back as long as CMT is around comment). 

Good points.  Age has nothing to do with maturity.  I was a musician in an adult orchestra at the age of 15 & you definitely had to be professional at all times.  VK should have approached this as a serious gig for a spot on DCC.  I still think she thought she was good enough & would make it no matter what.  Other TCC showed up and they danced better.  It is just how it is.

Also, I thought it was someone on this sight that was just speculating that the weight gain could be a medical condition, and some posters just ran with that idea.  Has this been confirmed? This season has been frustrating from all of the tiny seconds of dancing.  If MTT had shown us even 10 secs of awesome dancing from some of the candidates, maybe this board would be less critical. 

Dayton stating that she would not try out again because of the show is a little immature.  I think if DCC was really a dream for Dayton she would come back every year and fight for a spot, cameras or no cameras.  Sometimes it does take 5 years of trying out for a candidate to earn a spot on the team.  

The show may have storyline arcs etc based on interviewing candidates, but it still is a show about earning a spot on DCC.  The show has always shown the struggles of the candidates and that does make for good drama.  Just because filming goes on during camp is not a reason to cancel out your dream.  You don’t have to talk to the camera.  The focus has been only on a few candidates this year for the sound bites, but we see the talented TCC mixed in there.  I just wish it was a more balanced edit this year.  

And I am also looking forward to the drama!  Can’t help it.  I still miss Holly! 

• Love 4
6 minutes ago, MyFavShows said:

So someone called her out for her weight gain, she said she thinks she might have a thyroid condition, and they told her she should see the Cowboys doctor?   First thing the goes to my mind is wht wouldn’t she see her own doctor about that - but whatever.  It also sounds a little like the category of “none of their business” and personal.  So the doctor comes back and says she has a thyroid condition and it’s making her gain weight, are they gonna forgive it and let her on the team with a heavy belly?  She’s either too heavy for the uniform or she isn’t.    I guess I don’t get why the Cowboys doctor needed to be involved in that.  She should have dealt with the situation on her own.

Either way, she wouldn’t have lied.  Like what did she say?   Told them she went to the Cowboys doctor and he/she said her weight was cause of the thyroid and thus it wasn’t her fault.   Then Kelli checked with the doctor and was told “VK never showed up and I never said that?”.   lol!  That’s freakin’ outrageous if so.  Omg so crazy.  I guess we’ll see what happens.   I still think the DCC shouldn’t really get involved in something like that in the first place, but I guess it will make a good storyline.

And is it a HIPAA violation for a doctor to tell another person info like that?  Or are they allowed to say wether a person came to an appt or not but not discuss what was said? 

It’s completely their business. It’s typical in sports for the team managers to know what’s happening physically with players. Injuries even make big news stories for atheletes.

if a girl gains weight and says it’s because of a serious medical condition, they need to know. If anything they are helping her because the Cowboys doctors should be some of the top people in their field.

Lying about her weight gain and her doctor is just unacceptable for anyone. It goes beyond immaturity.

I’n starting to understand the pressure that Victoria is under to make the team if she resorts to these major lies about her health.

Edited by rose711
  • Love 5
5 minutes ago, MyFavShows said:

So someone called her out for her weight gain, she said she thinks she might have a thyroid condition, and they told her she should see the Cowboys doctor?   First thing the goes to my mind is why wouldn’t she see her own doctor about that - but whatever.  It also sounds a little like the category of “none of their business” and personal.  So the doctor comes back and says she has a thyroid condition and it’s making her gain weight, are they gonna forgive it and let her on the team with a heavy belly?  She’s either too heavy for the uniform or she isn’t.    I guess I don’t get why the Cowboys doctor needed to be involved in that.  She should have dealt with the situation on her own.

Either way, she wouldn’t have lied.  Like what did she say?   Told them she went to the Cowboys doctor and he/she said her weight was cause of the thyroid and thus it wasn’t her fault.   Then Kelli checked with the doctor and was told “VK never showed up and I never said that?”.   lol!  That’s freakin’ outrageous if so.  Omg so crazy.  I guess we’ll see what happens.   I still think the DCC shouldn’t really get involved in something like that in the first place, but I guess it will make a good storyline.

Kelli set her up with a nutritionist. 

Yest it would be a HIPAA violation for a doc to confirm any info, even an appointment, but  you sign away your life on this show, so no doubt nothing was legally violated. Especially after the Erica mess, they're double checking everything.

• Love 3

New poster hereL  Just a couple of thoughts:

As far as “bad edits” that VK is getting — CMT would not be able to make them if there wasn’t the film there to use.

As far as Dayton goes - I think she comes across as very sincere but her dancing never set me on fire.  I also happen to think that she had the RC gig in the works before auditions.  I am sure that the RC auditions take time, were scheduled way in advance and she was “hedging her bets.”

I also believe that the “fix was in” as far as Dayton goes — I can not imagine continuing to work for an organization after my daughter was treated so shabbily without knowing about in advance and while I appreciate ShellyB’s comments, I also believe that they are self edited knowing that TPTB read this forum.  I also discount her saying that she did not know the cut was coming — she works for the organization, she is there all the time and if she did not get a head’s up, all the more reason to put the organization in my rear view mirror.

As far TK goes — she lost me when she referred to a TCC candidate as “grandma.”  That was beyond being thoughtless.  Kelli, Charlotte, and Judy have to know that these shows are watched by the candidates and I can’t imagine how hurt that girl was when she heard that — its one thing to having your dancing is one thing criticized by your looks (dance 10, looks 3 anyone?) is another.

I think this entire episode has done more damage to Kelli’s image than VK.  As other posters have put out there, she has had blinders on before, but pushing what you want to see over the reality staring you in the face and cutting down other judges because they dare to say that the emperors has no clothes is a bit much.  I also think that it undercuts Judy to a certain degree — it is obvious that Judy has a better eye for dancers and the discrediting of her opinion has to sting.  

As far as Malena goes?  WTF?  You invite a girl into camp that you know was not even allowed on the field because she had no memory.  That was done strictly for story and was was unfair.  

Finally, if Kellie told her daughter not to try out — she should have extended the same advice to both ShellyB and TK in order to preserve credibility and friendships.  The fact that this board is steamed about this season and the tryouts of VK and Dayton is probably only a small reflection of what is going on in DCC world.

Finally, I don’t blame Charlotte — her team, her brand, her call.  She is the one writing the checks.

*this is me stepping down off my soapbox now*

Edited by MTTFan
  • Love 13
18 minutes ago, 5678Pixie said:

If you think Kelli is blind just wait until the show this week comes on and you will see that Kitty is even more blinded than Kelli is that is possible.  

Oh, I'm sure you're right. We've seen ample evidence of that already to pave the path for that. 

Kitty had a blind spot for Morgan that was pretty huge. She totally overlooked her lack of memory, which was obvious to everyone else.

• Love 7
6 minutes ago, MyFavShows said:

All the doctor said was Victoria did not show up for her appointment with him. No idea why Victoria was sent to a Cowboy doctor in the first place. It could be related to Jinelle asking her nutritionist for pointers on how to help Victoria with her weight gain. She kept brushing off Jinelle also. Victoria lied about seeing the doctor especially since the doctor had a full schedule and was willing to have her come in when it was convenient for the both of them. If she was running around telling others and Kelli and Charlotte she had a thyroid disorder leading to her weight gain, and she was possibly lying about the whole thing, then it is on her and no one else. The only thing the doctor told Jinelle and/or Kelli was Victoria did not show up for her appointment. How could he said no thyroid problem if he did not exam her and run blood tests in the first place. I do not blame the doctor for all of this. I put the blame on Tina and Victoria.

23 minutes ago, MyFavShows said:

If Kelli sends Vicky, then HIPAA isn't an obstacle. The Cowboy's doctor is likely very good and while she could have dealt with it herself, sending her to the Cowboy doctor would have likely been free. I don't think a thyroid condition would get her out of her weight gain, but it would have gained sympathy with a plan to manage it. She likely would have made the team. Her idiocy was in thinking Kelli wouldn't check. 

19 minutes ago, Jazzmom said:

Dayton stating that she would not try out again because of the show is a little immature.  I think if DCC was really a dream for Dayton she would come back every year and fight for a spot, cameras or no cameras.  Sometimes it does take 5 years of trying out for a candidate to earn a spot on the team.  

I don't see it as immature, I see it as honest. Dayton's edit has not been kind to her and I don't think any dream is worth what some of these girls put themselves through. Dayton was as used as Vicky is this year. Dayton, in some many words, called them on it. I don't blame her. 

Also, if you look at SM accounts, Dayton has been getting hammered from all sides. I don't blame her for wanting that to end. 

16 minutes ago, UnicornKicks said:

Kelli set her up with a nutritionist. 

Yest it would be a HIPAA violation for a doc to confirm any info, even an appointment, but  you sign away your life on this show, so no doubt nothing was legally violated. Especially after the Erica mess, they're double checking everything.

We've since been told she was also set up with a Cowboy's Dr for a potential thyroid problem. 

13 minutes ago, MTTFan said:

As far as Dayton goes - I think she comes across as very sincere but her dancing never set me on fire.  I also happen to think that she had the RC gig in the works before auditions.  I am sure that the RC auditions take time, were scheduled way in advance and she was “hedging her bets.”

Dayton went to an open call that wasn't pre-scheduled. Shelly has also confirmed that Dayton didn't consider RC until after her cut and it was a last minute trip to see how it'd go. 

Edited by Loves2Dance
  • Love 6
11 minutes ago, bigskygirl said:

All the doctor said was Victoria did not show up for her appointment with him. No idea why Victoria was sent to a Cowboy doctor in the first place. It could be related to Jinelle asking her nutritionist for pointers on how to help Victoria with her weight gain. She kept brushing off Jinelle also. Victoria lied about seeing the doctor especially since the doctor had a full schedule and was willing to have her come in when it was convenient for the both of them. If she was running around telling others and Kelli and Charlotte she had a thyroid disorder leading to her weight gain, and she was possibly lying about the whole thing, then it is on her and no one else. The only thing the doctor told Jinelle and/or Kelli was Victoria did not show up for her appointment. How could he said no thyroid problem if he did not exam her and run blood tests in the first place. I do not blame the doctor for all of this. I put the blame on Tina and Victoria.

I was told that Jinelle knew VK hadn't done what she'd been told and covered for her, thus getting Jinelle in trouble as well.

• Love 8
7 minutes ago, Loves2Dance said:

If Kelli sends Vicky, then HIPAA isn't an obstacle. The Cowboy's doctor is likely very good and while she could have dealt with it herself, sending her to the Cowboy doctor would have likely been free. I don't think a thyroid condition would get her out of her weight gain, but it would have gained sympathy with a plan to manage it. She likely would have made the team. Her idiocy was in thinking Kelli wouldn't check

I don't see it as immature, I see it as honest. Dayton's edit has not been kind to her and I don't think any dream is worth what some of these girls put themselves through. Dayton was as used as Vicky is this year. Dayton, in some many words, called them on it. I don't blame her. 

We've since been told she was also set up with a Cowboy's Dr for a potential thyroid problem. 

Dayton went to an open call that wasn't pre-scheduled. Shelly has also confirmed that Dayton didn't consider RC until after her cut and it was a last minute trip to see how it'd go. 

Someone posted on here about former DCC Megan Sharp having a possible thyroid problem her last year on the team, and former DCC Jordan Ketchum was hypothyroid while she was on the team. If I was in Victoria's place, I would have ask for a note or letter from her own primary care provider stating she is dealing with a possible thyroid condition leading to her weight gain and is on a treatment plan since medication she would take because I suspect hypothyroidism due to the weight gain can take six to eight weeks before the medication starts doing its job. I got my endocrinologist to write a letter for me explaining to my supervisors why I was missing work due to a thyroid disorder and trying to figure out the right medication dosage because I felt like absolute crap. I also had my eye doctor write me a note stating my eye health was affected by my hypothyroidism (lovely chronic dry eyes syndrome, light sensitivity and eye infections.) I think Kelli and Charlotte saw the writing on the wall and thought Victoria was pulling something on them. If I was her, I would have went to the Cowboys doctor even if it she was lying about her weight gain and possible thyroid problems instead of covering up her mistakes by more lying.

11 minutes ago, SmpIsimon said:

I was told that Jinelle knew VK hadn't done what she'd been told and covered for her, thus getting Jinelle in trouble as well.

I was told the same thing. I hate to see Jinelle get in trouble for what Victoria did. Jinelle might have been told to cover for her. *cough Kelli, Charlotte and CMT cough*

Edited by bigskygirl
24 minutes ago, rose711 said:

It’s completely their business. It’s typical in sports for the team managers to know what’s happening physically with players. Injuries even make big news stories for atheletes.

if a girl gains weight and says it’s because of a serious medical condition, they need to know. If anything they are helping her because the Cowboys doctors should be some of the top people in their field.

Lying about her weight gain and her doctor is just unacceptable for anyone. It goes beyond immaturity.

I’n starting to understand the pressure that Victoria is under to make the team if she resorts to these major lies about her health.

I just think the reasons for her weight gain are irrelevant.  Weight gain is weight gain.  You need to be thin to be a DCC and if you can’t be cause of a medication, have a thyroid condition, or are just a lazy bum who can’t stop eating cheese fries, etc. you need to be cut.  They can’t have a fat cheerleader regardless of the reason.

I guess they can be nicer to a girl who has a good reason than the one who doesn’t, but they can’t put either one of them on the field.  VK is a TCC, not a 3rd year vet.  When TCC Rachel (who was doing well) got hurt in TC, they cut her and she needed to re-audition - they didn’t put her on the team and wait for her to heal.   To me it’s a similar situation.    Perhaps Kelli had hope the doctor would give VK a pill/treatment or something that would fix her thyroid condition in time for the first game, but that’s pretty far-fetched.

• Love 8
4 minutes ago, Loves2Dance said:

So we know Kelli and Co frequent these parts from time to time, does anyone know if Tina or Vicky read here too? 

I know several of the DCC read this. They’ve been encouraged not to and have been forbidden from discussing it at rehearsals, games, etc. 

• Love 5
5 minutes ago, Loves2Dance said:

So we know Kelli and Co frequent these parts from time to time, does anyone know if Tina or Vicky read here too? 

Well, certain posters who were here for a very, very, very short time are no longer here, so ……..it's possible they were or friends were.  Just my opinion.

• Love 6
43 minutes ago, UnicornKicks said:

For professional teams, health and injury information is considered criteria for employment, because of the nature of the job. Therefore, an injured athlete would not be able legally to withhold injury information from a team to whom he or she is contractually obliged. This also means that health and treatment information could be shared with coaches and team owners (Magee, Almekinders, & Taft, 2003).

• Love 6