Type keyword(s) to search

Finals, Training Camp and Social Media

frenchtoast
  • Start Topic

Speaking of unflattering, some perv on eBay is selling this photo for $5. I scribbled a bunch of it out because it was SO bad. I looked up DCC photos on Google Images, forgetting that anything NSFW would come up. Hopefully TPTB will find the seller and give him a good talking to. (ETA: White socks? No long sleeves or boots? I am calling "phony" on this one.)

20180912_203235.jpg

7 hours ago, Loves2Dance said:

I actually love this style of top for working out. Sure, it's not form fitting, but it's cute. And shocking...I can't wait to see her cut. I will cackle y'all, absolutely cackle. 

WHAT is Melissa wearing??? It's NOT cute!

I will be glad to see VK get the old Vaudeville stage hook when the time comes, with joy.

Edited by tinabee1967
  • Love 3
4 hours ago, go4luca said:

I really hate these work out tops.  They don't do anyone's body any favors.

tank top v2.jpg

If you want to wear a loose tank over a sports bra, then do it. This looks like a weird hybrid. 

• Love 3
On 9/11/2018 at 3:48 PM, MyFavShows said:

She does look great, but this season her forehead went to completely wrinkle free and paralyzed when it wasn’t like that before  - so she’s now clearly had work done.   I didn’t think she looked as plastic in prior years.  

It's called Botox folks--the fountain of youth for the well-heeled crowd. Add to that microdermabrasion facials and expensive skin care products and voila!! You look ten years younger--sort of anyway. 

• Love 4

We all would like to look younger.

What no one ever talks about is there are no long term studies on the effects of Botox.

With the cancer rate now at 40% why would you risk it?

And that’s without mentioning what risks  cellphones/computers etc. have on us.

19 minutes ago, Middlemom said:

It's called Botox folks--the fountain of youth for the well-heeled crowd. Add to that microdermabrasion facials and expensive skin care products and voila!! You look ten years younger--sort of anyway. 

I'm sure this isn't Judy's first rodeo when it comes to cosmetic tweeks.  Nobody looks that good at sixty unless they've been doing upkeep for a good while before that.  Not criticizing; I'm all for doing whatever makes you feel good about yourself and you sure can't argue with her (or Kelli's) results!

• Love 4
21 hours ago, CrazyEve said:

Thats what I meant. Thank you for correcting me. I just wondered I thought you mean you wouldn't teach her the routines before the training camp started and/or before the dance was taught but wasn't sure whether you'd help her once the dance was taught .. that is so phrased wrong. Guess this is what happens when I have to wake up at 2am for work and I then spend my days off waking up at 2/3am and then cant even get my words out!!! :)

I feel ya!

13 hours ago, unicorns1989 said:

Does anyone know if the group picture has been released and if it has can someone post it here. PLEASE

Not released

• Love 3
On 9/11/2018 at 10:25 AM, Jess14 said:

I think Khalyn is one of the most beautiful girls on the team, but I agree that either 1) she’s not the most photogenic or 2) they pick bad pictures of her to showcase on social media and in promo materials. 

They seem to choose bad photos of a number of the girls. They need a new social media person. It’s not rocket science to choose flattering photos.  I know they have them, I’ve seen them on the photographers sites. 

32 minutes ago, BonnieBlue said:

Does Victoria have a thyroid condition? It’s weird that she’d gain THAT much weight in just a few weeks. Poor thing, she looks awful!

I don’t think VK looks that heavy, they all look heavier in this workout outfit. 

• Love 7
1 hour ago, Jesslyn said:

They seem to choose bad photos of a number of the girls. They need a new social media person. It’s not rocket science to choose flattering photos.  I know they have them, I’ve seen them on the photographers sites. 

I don’t think VK looks that heavy, they all look heavier in this workout outfit. 

That's why I was saying up thread that I was surprised it wasn't more form fitting.  I know it was worn by the DCC alumni teaching the audition routine, and Jenn K was pregnant, and this looked good on her.  But usually what is worn by the alumni for auditions is never seen again.

• Love 1
15 minutes ago, scorpio1031 said:

That's why I was saying up thread that I was surprised it wasn't more form fitting.  I know it was worn by the DCC alumni teaching the audition routine, and Jenn K was pregnant, and this looked good on her.  But usually what is worn by the alumni for auditions is never seen again.

Yeah,  not a great outfit at all.  I just don’t think VK looks bad with the extra weight. I prefer being able to relate to the girls more....makes me shudder to think some of them are doing some dangerous things to keep the weight off, especially the ones that lost a lot since last season. I don’t think we need stick thin at all. It’s one thing if they naturally have a thin body, but there is nothing wrong with weighing up to 130-135 pounds at 5’4-5’7” and I don’t like that we pressure girls to be so underweight just to be cheerleaders. 

Edited by Jesslyn
  • Love 17
11 minutes ago, Jesslyn said:

Yeah,  not a great outfit at all.  I just don’t think VK looks bad with the extra weight. I prefer being able to relate to the girls more....makes me shudder to think some of them are doing some dangerous things to keep the weight off, especially the ones that lost a lot since last season. I don’t think we need stick thin at all. It’s one thing if they naturally have a thin body, but there is nothing wrong with weighing up to 130-135 pounds at 5’4-5’7” and I don’t like that we pressure girls to be so underweight just to be cheerleaders. I am glad VK didn’t do some stupid crap to lose weight for a freaking show or team.  It’s One thing to eat right, healthy is ALWAYS better than eating garbage, but if she is eating right, yet weighs what she does, so be it AFAIC ! I’m pretty sure hormones are a mess at 18. Even later for some of them.  

Edited by Jesslyn
8 minutes ago, tinabee1967 said:

I am having flashbacks to Nicole Bulcher's juice fasting. I still hate that surprise visit from that pseudo nutritionist.

Yes that was nuts.  And the nutritionist knew nothing. Sometimes, it just takes time to settle into a proper weight for each individual.  I can guess who on the team has done some dangerous weight loss strategies this season, with TPTB  looking  the other way because the girl now fits the mold. 

Edited by Jesslyn
  • Love 2
Just now, tinabee1967 said:

I am having flashbacks to Nicole Bulcher's juice fasting. I still hate that surprise visit from that pseudo nutritionist.

There is an Instagram post from Nicole in the Former DCC thread where she is wearing a bikini for calendar shoot.  She looks great, and says it's from doing three months of Bar Method, and I'm thinking no it's not just from working out.  The picture was taken a year before the nutritionist visit, and we know she had unhealthy eating habits.

Regarding the "surprise" visits, were they really a surprise?  I mean, would Kelli really just give out the girls' address without permission like that?  I think they were staged like the other stuff we've seen.

• Love 3
1 minute ago, Jesslyn said:

Yes that was nuts.  And the nutritionist knew nothing. Sometimes, it just takes time to settle into a proper weight for each individual.  I can guess who on the team has done some dangerous weight loss strategies this season, with TPTB  looking  the other way because the girl now fits the mold. 

Yeah. I remember Nicole's sister going on social media to say that she didn't approve of that... AT ALL.

• Love 4
4 minutes ago, Jesslyn said:

According to Melissa R, on one of the podcasts she did, the drastic weight gain was addressed cause it was too much, too soon.

• Love 2
8 minutes ago, scorpio1031 said:

There is an Instagram post from Nicole in the Former DCC thread where she is wearing a bikini for calendar shoot.  She looks great, and says it's from doing three months of Bar Method, and I'm thinking no it's not just from working out.  The picture was taken a year before the nutritionist visit, and we know she had unhealthy eating habits.

Regarding the "surprise" visits, were they really a surprise?  I mean, would Kelli really just give out the girls' address without permission like that?  I think they were staged like the other stuff we've seen.

You can tell when the "nutritionist" visited, Nicole was really upset about it. I don't think her reaction was fake.

• Love 7
45 minutes ago, scorpio1031 said:

According to Melissa R, on one of the podcasts she did, the drastic weight gain was addressed cause it was too much, too soon.

And she seemed to be happy about it, like she was thrilled there was something to discuss.  I hate the way it sounded. I personally would and do feel for anyone that happens to. There are so many realistic reasons for it to happen. Hormones, kidney issues, thyroid, stress, lack of sleep!

Edited by Jesslyn
  • Love 2
8 hours ago, Jesslyn said:

I’m convinced their social media person is a 350 pound woman who posts unflattering pictures of these beautiful women on purpose. Or an ex TCC who never made the team. ?

• Love 12
5 hours ago, Jesslyn said:

And she seemed to be happy about it, like she was thrilled there was something to discuss.  I hate the way it sounded. I personally would and do feel for anyone that happens to. There are so many realistic reasons for it to happen. Hormones, kidney issues, thyroid, stress, lack of sleep!

There are many realistic reasons for it to happen, including eating the wrong foods and eating the wrong amount of the right foods in relation to how much exercise they're doing.  If it was a medical issue, it likely would have been addressed by someone and steps taken to get it taken care of (and we likely would have heard something about it, even if it was something along the lines of "Medical reason, not speaking about it, move along" and never mentioned again).  If it wasn't a medical issue, it STILL would have been addressed and should have been taken care of.  It all depends what the cause is/was and if it was addressed by the person in question.

I get feeling sorry for the person gaining weight, especially if there's a medical reason, but the lack of sleep and proper diet is completely under someone's control (well, for most of the time as there are a few exceptions).

Edited by EricaShadows
  • Love 1
16 hours ago, bigskygirl said:

Someone may have known about it, but they kept his or her mouth shut. Paige did not completely finish her third year, so someone may have found out and told her to leave or get cut.

Girls def knew about it and kept their mouths shut.  Paige did finish the season early but that was on her own volition - from everything I heard, K&J were completely blindsided when Paige met with them about it and to put in her resignation.  Now whether she told them just how long she'd been with Jeff or if she made it sound like he had recently asked her out and she wanted to pursue it, I don't know.  But they were engaged within the next 12 months after she quit so no matter what she told them, K&J aren't dumb lol

• Love 9

Out of curiosity, where was Holly A in the formation before making front and center ?  Do some or many feel that she wasn't deserving of the spot?  Who should've been point besides her?   I'm going to HAVE TO buy the former seasons, I've missed soooooo much!!   I've watched several of the past seasons when I've been fortunate enough to catch them on CMT when they would run other seasons, I've only become obsessed with watching the last 2-3 seasons!   

• Love 2
3 hours ago, LaurenBrook said:

Girls def knew about it and kept their mouths shut.  Paige did finish the season early but that was on her own volition - from everything I heard, K&J were completely blindsided when Paige met with them about it and to put in her resignation.  Now whether she told them just how long she'd been with Jeff or if she made it sound like he had recently asked her out and she wanted to pursue it, I don't know.  But they were engaged within the next 12 months after she quit so no matter what she told them, K&J aren't dumb lol

I don’t really get Paige. I think it was really close to the end of the season, so why didn’t she wait?

9 hours ago, tinabee1967 said:

You can tell when the "nutritionist" visited, Nicole was really upset about it. I don't think her reaction was fake.

I’d guess she knew she was getting a visit from CMT but they lied about the actual reason-hence why she was pissed off.

15 hours ago, DCC.Style.fan said:

A fun video of DCC playing some game.  Love Gina

Yuko is still struggling with English... Kashara is just full of energy. You can’t even compare her with Gina-not dance wise of course, although I definitely think that Kash has a sparkle that Gina (and most if not all the other vets) just doesn’t...

• Love 7
3 hours ago, EricaShadows said:

There are many realistic reasons for it to happen, including eating the wrong foods and eating the wrong amount of the right foods in relation to how much exercise they're doing.  If it was a medical issue, it likely would have been addressed by someone and steps taken to get it taken care of (and we likely would have heard something about it, even if it was something along the lines of "Medical reason, not speaking about it, move along" and never mentioned again).  If it wasn't a medical issue, it STILL would have been addressed and should have been taken care of.  It all depends what the cause is/was and if it was addressed by the person in question.

I get feeling sorry for the person gaining weight, especially if there's a medical reason, but the lack of sleep and proper diet is completely under someone's control (well, for most of the time as there are a few exceptions).

I don’t know which women have a full time 40 hour a week job, but with the TC schedule, especially some nights running till 2am and having to get up four hours later, (not even accounting for the drive home) some of these women have four-five hours a day to make meals, laundry, shower, workout, and sleep. Non cmt nights they get home at maybe 10:30 11...still not a lot of time to do all that before starting all over again at 6am with little to no lengthy break each day. From what I understand, they sometimes practiced Saturdays as well, and some Sundays were filmed /photo events (like etiquette,cameos). If I don’t get proper sleep over a period of time, even if I eat relatively healthy, my body shows it. 

• Love 5
1 hour ago, dreamcatcher said:

I don’t really get Paige. I think it was really close to the end of the season, so why didn’t she wait?

I’d guess she knew she was getting a visit from CMT but they lied about the actual reason-hence why she was pissed off.

Yuko is still struggling with English... Kashara is just full of energy. You can’t even compare her with Gina-not dance wise of course, although I definitely think that Kash has a sparkle that Gina (and most if not all the other vets) just doesn’t...

Kashara knows how to get the party started. She's a genuine down home girl. I'll take her over any polished dancer from California.

Edited by TexasBorn
  • Love 14
1 hour ago, KoKo said:

Out of curiosity, where was Holly A in the formation before making front and center ?  Do some or many feel that she wasn't deserving of the spot?  Who should've been point besides her?   I'm going to HAVE TO buy the former seasons, I've missed soooooo much!!   I've watched several of the past seasons when I've been fortunate enough to catch them on CMT when they would run other seasons, I've only become obsessed with watching the last 2-3 seasons!   

In 2013, Holly A. was positioned where Kelli is right now in formations. As for who should've gotten point besides her for the 2014 and 2015 seasons. I'd say Emma, Jacie, Jenna or Jennifer E.

Edited by CowboysFanatic
  • Love 2

Do the girls leave their game uniforms at the stadium and they get laundered and hung up in the locker room for the next week or do or are they responsible for the upkeep?  I would be very nervous about having to keep my uniform game day ready.  Sometimes I throw dark stuff into the light load, etc.  I can only imagine the woe that would come to someone who damaged the uniform.

Has anyone seen this before?  Is it real?  Or is it photoshopped?  I'm trying to identify who (or at least who the heads belong to if it's photoshopped) is in the photo and I recognize Tobie, Abigail Klein and possibly Michelle Keyes.  But I don't know the others.  

Untitled.jpg

• Love 1
14 minutes ago, JohnGalt said:

The girls are responsible for their uniforms during the season. They’re machine washable minus the belt and removable stars.

The picture isn’t photoshopped minus normal airbrushing. Top row is Kristen Gauthier, Nicole Hamilton, Trisha Trevino, and Brooke Sorenson. The two sitting are Tobie Percival and Abigail Klein.

I think these ladies are all beautiful! 

• Love 3

Photos from tonight’s telecast.  https://www.dallascowboys.com/photos/big-time-dance-dallas-cowboys-cheerleaders-making-the-team-1306#9d581c39-bc0b-4fc8-8b42-75f74393f292

also, there are a couple of new video clips on the DCCMTT Facebook page.  After I watched them, I realized why (in the preview) Kelli asked Lindsey “What was wrong with you tonight?”  Also Kristen looks like she is going to pass out, again.

• Love 1

Round table with Michelle Keyes

http://www.cmt.com/video-clips/eoa94f/dallas-cowboys-cheerleaders-making-the-team-roundtable-discussion

Rookie Rachel in uniform fitting

http://www.cmt.com/video-clips/zd41lu/dallas-cowboys-cheerleaders-making-the-team-lisa-s-customized-creations

the CMT app has some other clips from tonight -show group, cut, etc.

Edited by Christineelgene
23 hours ago, SmpIsimon said:

VK looks 6 months pregnant in that photo.

Wait until you see the closeup!

19 minutes ago, SmpIsimon said:

kp3zb26cxngnuqlhexp2.jpg

Dear Lord, she's fat . . . 

tz1djxwnu6jllzqqufly.jpg

Melissa's lips look BAD . . .

I was going to post this photo, but you beat me to it.  As someone who has struggled with weight most of my life, I don’t like to speak badly of someone, but she does look thick in this photo.

• Love 3
16 hours ago, Jesslyn said:

I don’t think VK looks that heavy, they all look heavier in this workout outfit. 

She looked bigger and softer than DCC standards at tryouts.  So certainly this is an unflattering top, but she doesn't look substantially different to me.  

Edited by ClosetDCCFan
30 minutes ago, rl27rl said:

And of course on the Throwback Thursday promo . . . of all the DCC Alumns they could feature in the promo . . . who do they make sure you see?

Of course ...and I looked and they're not showing episode 2 with finals auditions which is the best thing to watch! Why?? Ha 

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Christineelgene said:

http://www.cmt.com/video-clips/eoa94f/dallas-cowboys-cheerleaders-making-the-team-roundtable-discussion

http://www.cmt.com/video-clips/zd41lu/dallas-cowboys-cheerleaders-making-the-team-lisa-s-customized-creations

Just makes me wonder again and again why Malena wasn't cut already.  I really hope she doesn't try out again.  I don't ever see her getting the choreo.  She needs to face reality and get a job.

• Love 6
58 minutes ago, scorpio1031 said:

Just makes me wonder again and again why Malena wasn't cut already.  I really hope she doesn't try out again.  I don't ever see her getting the choreo.  She needs to face reality and get a job.

Kelli will end her dream if she does try out again by cutting her at finals. Not making it back to training camp will wake her up.

Edited by TexasBorn
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, TexasBorn said:

The Dark Reality Of NFL Cheerleading | Shady | Refinery29

Good video and I feel they deserve more money and respect for what they do.    My only disagreement is the appearance standards - those aren’t unique to the NFL or cheerleading - it’s really inherit to the dance/entertainment industry.  If you want to dance on a stage and have people enjoy watching you, good looks and a fit and slender figure are critical and always have been.   Broadway and the ballet companies do the same thing and you even see it in the dance competition world.

I have no problem w/ them wanting a living wage and the respect they deserve as dedicated employees, but there is nothing wrong with an employer who is hiring dance entertainers having appearance standards.

• Love 7
7 hours ago, KoKo said:

I remember when she got point I was like "...who?"

She was deserving though; I just never knew who she was until she got point.

3 hours ago, Christineelgene said:

Rookie Rachel is so pretty! She reminds me of Savannah.

• Love 2
50 minutes ago, pizzaandcatsrlife said:

Shit, she’s back.  #goawaymelissa.  Please

What's the deal with MRS? She was a DCC for a minute. Did she retire or did she get cut?

3 hours ago, Christineelgene said:

Wait until you see the closeup!

I was going to post this photo, but you beat me to it.  As someone who has struggled with weight most of my life, I don’t like to speak badly of someone, but she does look thick in this photo.

We should rephrase "fat" as "fat for DCC". 

• Love 3
28 minutes ago, TexasBorn said:

What's the deal with MRS? She was a DCC for a minute. Did she retire or did she get cut?

We should rephrase "fat" as "fat for DCC". 

MRS decided to quit being a DCC after her second year to spend time with her boyfriend at the time (the guy is now her husband) and because she had a full time job. She decided to try out again after breaking up with boyfriend. Kelli and Judy were fine with it, but she was not allowed to go on the swimsuit calendar shoot. She said there were some mean girls on the team who questioned why she was not going on the calendar shoot, and she decided not to try out for a third year. I also remember reading some place she was saying Abigail Klein was going after her boyfriend. Of course she took it all back once she was ask to be a mentor. I personally do not think Judy, Kelli and Charlotte wanted her to be the mentor, but it was all CMT's idea. They probably thought she would bring in more fans, but after a survey done two years ago, fans were asking for less Melissa the Mentor scenes.