Type keyword(s) to search

Finals, Training Camp and Social Media

frenchtoast
  • Start Topic

1 minute ago, Isolabella said:

I think they do that so it's easier for show group performances. I'm sure it's much easier to have the SG already in a pyramid formation and know all their groups rather than having to change their groups every time they perform. It could be a risk if they have a show group performance on a Saturday in one formation, and then a game the very next day where they are in a completely different spot and all their groups have changed in the pyramid.

So true and if it was me I wouldn’t care what spot I was in as long as I was in the formation lol 

• Love 8
2 hours ago, CrazyEve said:

Ok I know that this is very very VERY late, but quick question for @ShellyB when Dayton (or anyone that comes thro DCC eg like any other legacy/kids that grew up around DCC like Junior DCC etc) was in Training camp, I know you said you couldn't teach her the dances from current/previous season as it'd give her an advantage. So my question is, once that particular dance has been taught (in training camp) and she's trying to learn it (eg at home etc) are you allowed to help her/them? 

I didn’t say I couldn’t, I said I wouldn’t. I would tell her where to add punch, give her suggestions on certain sections, once the chore was learned

• Love 15
42 minutes ago, ShellyB said:

I didn’t say I couldn’t, I said I wouldn’t. I would tell her where to add punch, give her suggestions on certain sections, once the chore was learned

Thats what I meant. Thank you for correcting me. I just wondered I thought you mean you wouldn't teach her the routines before the training camp started and/or before the dance was taught but wasn't sure whether you'd help her once the dance was taught .. that is so phrased wrong. Guess this is what happens when I have to wake up at 2am for work and I then spend my days off waking up at 2/3am and then cant even get my words out!!! :)

• Love 1
4 hours ago, Monique said:

Does anyone know if height plays a role in placement in the triangle? I mean Hannah, Taylor, Miranda, and Tess are probably the tallest on the team, all very close to each other in the triangle (which is very close to where they do the kickline) and then the middle 4 when they do the kickline.

Definitely. Tess, Taylor, Miranda, Hannah, Molly, Erin and Caroline are the tallest girls and they are all clustered together in the middle/back.  

• Love 1
10 hours ago, Tootie said:

5 - Copy.jpg

Maddie and the girl all the way on our far right have huge guts. Not curvy like Kashara who looks toned, but pudgy guts. 

What I think about Gina (fab dancer) and Maddie (decent dancer, overweight) in the triangle is you can hide scatter a butterface or two through the team, throw on some fab extensions and hope she blends with the attractive girls. But if you have two up front and center the whole team looks fug. I would have put Amy over Maddie there bc Amy isn't the prettiest but she's fit and a better dancer.

Maddie does not finish moves, has bad technique and basically good at hip hop but looks better than she is bc nobody expects that from a white girl from Utah. Same as how Khalyn (LOVE HER LOOK PUT HER ON ALL THE COVERS PLUS SHE IS EDUCATED AND HAS A REAL JOB) does not have the best ballet technique but she awed them with her pointe solo bc honestly that wasn't as expected from a black girl. 

7 hours ago, RhiRhi said:

Definitely. Tess, Taylor, Miranda, Hannah, Molly, Erin and Caroline are the tallest girls and they are all clustered together in the middle/back.  

This bc those are not girls they would hide for looks. Maybe height and dancing for the vets but definitely not looks. Rookies have to start somewhere. 

AMys spot really isn't bad bc she's beside Khalyn on the row right behind Thunderstruck triangle, and when they spread out she's front row, like how when they spread into lines Khalyn is smack in the center front row. Triangle is important, but not the best formation spot for the entire Thunderstruck. 

• Love 4
16 hours ago, Tootie said:

I THINK this is it....  Has anyone seen any pictures to suggest otherwise??

2018-09-11 (41).png

Amazing. Really wondering why they don't switch Yuko and Tess is on SG

15 hours ago, dccfan37 said:

Dang so many 2 years behind rookies!

Looks like the only 2 years behind rookies are those that aren't on SG..so it seems to be based on danceability.

• Love 1
21 hours ago, Pink-n-Green said:

Do you think Holly P would be point this season if she had kept her nose clean?  I thought she was really an eye catcher!

If Jenna still retired, yes I think she would have been. 

21 hours ago, Jess14 said:

I would’ve liked to have seen Lacey given a shot at point last year after Jenna was demoted. There was nothing overly special about Kashara last year IMO, so Im not sure why she jumped her. However, I think Kashara looks stronger this year (that or it may just be that she’s one of the few actual performers left of the vets), and while Lacey is good, I don’t think she’s outdancing Kashara to the point where they would or should switch them. 

I agree that Lacey isn't outdancing Kashara right now, but I think Gina is outdancing them both. Kashara stepped up as a leader and got the goods, Lacey missed the chance. I think she would be point if she stepped up as a leader instead. 

17 hours ago, ales-ya said:

Don’t think she would have been, because I think last year would have been Holly’s last season regardless.  I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again, Holly was far too talented to be a DCC for more than a few years.  I think she would have moved on, and never been a GL or in the triangle.  But that’s just my thoughts.  Anyone else?

I think she would have stayed for 1 more year. 

• Love 2
18 hours ago, dancer88 said:

Unless there is a reason to have another woman who's personality and leadership outweighs Gina, I think she'll be point or at least in the triangle. Lexie isn't strong enough as far as the videos show. She looked winded in the video someone posted of the first preseason opening dance. However, she is still a good dancer. Heather is a great dancer to watch. Kashara was never going to lose her point position this year just because another vet is better. Once that position is earned, and I'm sure it's a great responsibility and huge honor, you're not going to lose it for someone else, as the history of DCC has shown (barring discipline issue or injury). Many of the dancers have held that spot until they retire. 

Jalyn for point!

17 hours ago, Stee said:

I love Heather!  One of my favorites and I would have suggested her as a possible point too. But after @JohnGalt mentioning that she was in the doghouse with Kelly, and losing her status as a Group Leader, I don’t know if they would make her point. I also noticed that she didn’t move up in the triangle this season - I believe Gina moved closer to the center and Heather never moved forward.  Before the beginning of this year, I would have guessed she was a shoo-in for Group Leader, Triangle and even calendar covergirl.  But what do I know, I was guessing a Maggie-Robin-Lacey triangle this year ???

Hopefully Heather proves them wrong this year and stays for another-aaand gets point :)

• Love 3
1 hour ago, LadyMsJay said:

Amazing. Really wondering why they don't switch Yuko and Tess is on SG

Looks like the only 2 years behind rookies are those that aren't on SG..so it seems to be based on danceability.

Tess might be the tallest in the team, unless a rookie is taller. That’s why they have her in the middle. No clue as to how Yuko is on the edge and not hidden. She’s gotten better, but still.

17 minutes ago, RazzleberryPie said:

Tess might be the tallest in the team, unless a rookie is taller. That’s why they have her in the middle. No clue as to how Yuko is on the edge and not hidden. She’s gotten better, but still.

And Christina is right behind her on the edge....I’m surprised by both of those positions. I would have probably put Rachel (vet) on the edge.

Im curious as to whether the girls prefer to be further back but on the outside of the triangle or closer to the front but in the middle.

• Love 3
On 9/10/2018 at 10:42 PM, Gigi88 said:

I don’t believe for one second he was ever interested in her. He is known very well for having a type and Jenna is no way , shape or form that type. 

I know the players are off limits but I wonder what would happen if whomever the current big Cowboys star is wanted to date a cheerleader.  Not hook up with, but actually properly date (people still do that sometimes, right?  I'm very old).  What would management's response be?  Tell him, nope, no way;  You can't date a cheerleader?  Cut the cheerleader?  Turn a blind eye and tell K and J to do so as well?

I would think TPTB would want to keep their big star happy, right?  Doesn't the team always come before the cheerleaders?  

Now that I think about it, didn't Troy Aikman date Abigail Klein?

50 minutes ago, scorpio1031 said:

Dear DCC Powers That Be who read here,

Please have the people interviewing the cheerleaders (namely Shannon) treat the cheerleaders with respect and act like they are interested in the what the girls are saying. Last year Shannon especially seemed disinterested and even disrespectful of the cheerleaders during these interviews. I listen to many podcasts, especially with RHAP by Rob Cesternino who is the best in the business, and you can do better. Have the hosts research the girls a little before the interview and have some talking points. The girls themselves have been great but they deserve better treatment from the interviewers who always seemed unprepared (one example: they had asked for questions for the cheerleaders on social media then didn’t bother to look at them it seemed before making an attempt to find some live on the Air ?). 

Thanks,

A DCC and Podcast fan who stopped listening to These Boots Were Made for Talking last year because they were so poorly done

• Love 20
16 minutes ago, Pink-n-Green said:

I know the players are off limits but I wonder what would happen if whomever the current big Cowboys star is wanted to date a cheerleader.  Not hook up with, but actually properly date (people still do that sometimes, right?  I'm very old).  What would management's response be?  Tell him, nope, no way;  You can't date a cheerleader?  Cut the cheerleader?  Turn a blind eye and tell K and J to do so as well?

I would think TPTB would want to keep their big star happy, right?  Doesn't the team always come before the cheerleaders?  

He would date her. I doubt he'd discuss it with "management." There are TONS of football players who date cheerleaders (and even marry them)..but they just keep it private.

Until they get caught and the cheerleader loses her job (lol).

• Love 3
5 minutes ago, MelissaB326 said:

Please have the people interviewing the cheerleaders (namely Shannon) treat the cheerleaders with respect and act like they are interested in the what the girls are saying. Last year Shannon especially seemed disinterested and even disrespectful of the cheerleaders during these interviews. I listen to many podcasts, especially with RHAP by Rob Cesternino who is the best in the business, and you can do better. Have the hosts research the girls a little before the interview and have some talking points. The girls themselves have been great but they deserve better treatment from the interviewers who always seemed unprepared (one example: they had asked for questions for the cheerleaders on social media then didn’t bother to look at them it seemed before making an attempt to find some live on the Air ?). 

Thanks,

A DCC and Podcast fan who stopped listening to These Boots Were Made for Talking last year because they were so poorly done

How about these gals?  I think they are pretty good.

• Love 5
3 minutes ago, LadyMsJay said:

He would date her. I doubt he'd discuss it with "management." There are TONS of football players who date cheerleaders (and even marry them)..but they just keep it private.

Until they get caught and the cheerleader loses her job (lol).

Right. I think there’s no way a football player would ask management if it was ok, and there’s no nonfraternization clause in their contract that I’m aware of. The risk is to the cheerleader, alone. That’s not to say that a big time player couldn’t intervene and stop/lessen the punishment of the cheerleader if they really wanted to, but I don’t think the players or anyone other than Kelli, Judy, and Charlotte care about fraternization.

• Love 2
12 minutes ago, nittanyvolleyball said:

Well Paige and Jeff Heath dated without anyone finding out until she retired so it's possible

They were professional and grownup about it.  They weren't hanging out at bars and seen on social media

• Love 8
20 minutes ago, nittanyvolleyball said:

Well Paige and Jeff Heath dated without anyone finding out until she retired so it's possible

Someone may have known about it, but they kept his or her mouth shut. Paige did not completely finish her third year, so someone may have found out and told her to leave or get cut.

3 minutes ago, nittanyvolleyball said:

Oh I know, I'm just saying it's possible for a cheerleader to secretly date a player if they really wanted to

I agree completely:)  But doesn't it just amaze you the number of people who have to put EVERYTHING on social media?  Even when they know that if they are found out there will be consequences?  So grateful it wasn't around when I was in high school:)

• Love 9
2 minutes ago, bigskygirl said:

Someone may have known about it, but they kept his or her mouth shut. Paige did not completely finish her third year, so someone may have found out and told her to leave or get cut.

I want to say Danielle was her roommate that year so she had to have known about it, but never said anything

• Love 5
16 hours ago, FLAfan said:

I happen to think Maddie M is pretty. Gina is not good looking at all.

You really have to wonder what happened to the DCC that they don’t have

women staying 4 or 5 years anymore. I’m sure the lousy compensation has

a lot to do with it.

I agree....I don’t find Gina attractive at all...she reminds me of The Joker in Batman

• Love 5

Episode Seven Article.

https://www.dallascowboys.com/news/dallas-cowboys-cheerleaders-making-the-team-episode-seven-big-time-dance

Looks like Melissa the Mentor is back and looks who is standing next to her in the picture. I want to know who came up with the DCC workout outfit the girls have on in the one picture and what the heck is Melissa wearing. I wish CMT would come up with some better Melissa mentoring sessions. The one in Season 10 with the girls on the field with Angela was not too bad. but please someone think of something better.

13 minutes ago, bigskygirl said:

Episode Seven Article.

https://www.dallascowboys.com/news/dallas-cowboys-cheerleaders-making-the-team-episode-seven-big-time-dance

Looks like Melissa the Mentor is back and looks who is standing next to her in the picture. I want to know who came up with the DCC workout outfit the girls have on in the one picture and what the heck is Melissa wearing. I wish CMT would come up with some better Melissa mentoring sessions. The one in Season 10 with the girls on the field with Angela was not too bad. but please someone think of something better.

They try to make the sessions too gimmicky.  If she were just allowed to give them straightforward advice, it would be much better.  She picks out a lot of the little things and explains it better than K&J do.  Actually, when any former or present DCC gives advice, they are better at it than K&J are - more specific, not so general.  

• Love 14
1 hour ago, Jess14 said:

Right. I think there’s no way a football player would ask management if it was ok, and there’s no nonfraternization clause in their contract that I’m aware of. The risk is to the cheerleader, alone. That’s not to say that a big time player couldn’t intervene and stop/lessen the punishment of the cheerleader if they really wanted to, but I don’t think the players or anyone other than Kelli, Judy, and Charlotte care about fraternization.

That's what I was wondering about.  I know no football player worth his, um, cleats? would ask if it was okay to date a cheerleader.  But if he really cared for her I'm sure he wouldn't want her to lose her place on the squad.  I think you're right, Jess14, I'm sure a player could just say, "I'm with Lulubelle.  If she gets kicked off the squad I would be very unhappy.  End of story" if he chose to.  I guess it didn't quite work out that way for Jenna.

Haha, when I see what I just wrote, it's hard to believe that I am talking about adults!

• Love 2
3 hours ago, Pink-n-Green said:

Ha! He took her to one dinner at BOA on Sunset Blvd in LA where paparazzi congregate. That was it. Abigail was no longer a DCC at that time. She had just moved to LA.

Edited by PBSLover
  • Love 2
3 hours ago, MelissaB326 said:

Thanks,

SAME.

• Love 6
3 hours ago, MelissaB326 said:

Thanks,

He came across as asshole. And his comments that he is no longer on camera because he grew a beard was narcissistic. ME! ME! ME!

• Love 6
2 hours ago, go4luca said:

I really hate these work out tops.  They don't do anyone's body any favors.

tank top v2.jpg

I was looking for a top the other day and had a hard time finding something that was more fitted. I don't know if it's my bad luck or just the latest style, but these empire looking tops I am finding do NOT do me any favors and would be best on a big ol' bonfire. 

I know I am in the minority, but I find Gina's looks appealing. I know she's not run of the mill beautiful, but I have liked her from the beginning. Maybe because I am also someone you would call a "butterface".  (Our society is not kind to women who are not genetically blessed.)

• Love 14
2 hours ago, go4luca said:

tank top v2.jpg

I actually love this style of top for working out. Sure, it's not form fitting, but it's cute. And shocking...I can't wait to see her cut. I will cackle y'all, absolutely cackle. 

• Love 7
2 minutes ago, Glamourdoll said:

I know I am in the minority, but I find Gina's looks appealing. I know she's not run of the mill beautiful, but I have liked her from the beginning. Maybe because I am also someone you would call a "butterface".  (Our society is not kind to women who are not genetically blessed.)

I agree -- I think she's striking.  I also think she's currently the best dancer on the team.  Christina is the worst/weakest.

• Love 12
24 minutes ago, Loves2Dance said:

I actually love this style of top for working out. Sure, it's not form fitting, but it's cute. And shocking...I can't wait to see her cut. I will cackle y'all, absolutely cackle. 

It isn't that it's not form fitting that I don't like.  It's the slit on the chest that I think is so ugly.  I'm all about comfy tops but that slit just lands wrong on so many people.

• Love 7
3 hours ago, go4luca said:

tank top v2.jpg

Shove Victoria in the middle of the group and tell her if she makes her way to the front at any time, she'll be cut.  I don't know if that would work, but it might be a way to see if she can follow instructions.  Speaking of cuts, the only cuts I really want to see are Tara's (to see if they give a reasonable explanation as  to why they booted her) and Victoria's (because she deserved it from the very beginning of auditions).   Too bad they didn't cut a few other vets that deserved to be on the chopping block and keep some of the deserving rookie (or even some of the girls from auditions, like Brianna from the Spurs Silver Dancers).

• Love 7